To Christians Who Judge Others

As quoted below, Jesus taught us not to judge others and those who claim to be Christian should follow these words.

"For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Some Christians honestly believe that it is their duty to run around judging people, digging up dirt and spreading rumors.  They think for them there will be some reward.  But this is what Jesus says to these people:

Matthew 25:31-46

The Final Judgment

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne.32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’

Did you notice that those who were welcomed by Jesus were wondering why they were welcomed and those who were not welcomed thought that they should have been.  Evangelist often teach that if you are saved then you know it, but what Jesus teaches here is the complete opposite.

If you are a Christian as you claim, you should be following the advice of your savior and not be running around judging people.  According to Jesus, if you are saved, you are running around feeding the hungry, quenching the thirst of those thirsty and clothing the naked.  Many hunger for love and acceptance and thirst for justice and some feel shamed as if they were naked.  You are supposed to be helping them, not judging them.  But if you yourself are hungry for attention and love and thirst for justice and maybe ashamed, then you will in your own defense judge other people.  Seek salvation for yourself rather than railing judgement onto others.  We know who you are.

Comments

Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 22, 2016 - 6:13am
Thanks Jeanne - It gets me when you show someone they are wrong.  You put it right in their face and yet they will insist that they are right.  And really, it isn't really they, we know who they are.

Sure, we all have our own point of view, we all see things different, but you cross a line when you start attacking whole groups of people and then claim you're helping them.

I wonder if the Germans thought they were helping the Jews or if the Zionists think they are helping the Palestinians.  Do the Wall Street  bankers think that they're helping the poor.  What a bunch of bs.

If you're judging other people because you think you're helping them, there is something wrong with you.

I'm not perfect, don't pretend to be, self righteous people get me every time.

Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 22, 2016 - 6:40am
Shep

I think Jeanne's got it right...you who believe say that and I who don't believe say the same.

It's not a question of believing or not, it's a question of maturity.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 22, 2016 - 7:20am
Thanks SEF - we might not see eye to eye but we can respect each others world.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 22, 2016 - 7:47am
Jeanne - : )
Billy Roper Added Jul 22, 2016 - 8:55am
Actually, in Biblical terms, when we are told to love our neighbor as ourselves, as the second great commandment, like unto the first, to love our God, that word "neighbor" doesn't mean anybody who happens to move in next door, nor does it refer to all people. As the same word literally is used in Exodus, it translates to "near kinsman". Literally, Jesus was saying we are to love God, and love our people. As he demonstrated later in Matthew Ch. 15, not all people equally.

As far as judging, we're told that we must judge, and should judge. In Matthew 7, Jesus was saying that we shouldn't judge hypocritically, and condemn someone for something we're also guilty of. Without judgement, there is no right or wrong, no reward or punishment, no law and order. God clearly designated judges over his people, and told us to judge, as well. In John 7:24 Jesus tells us to make a right judgement. Otherwise, you end up with a situation like Judges 21:25, where everyone does as they see fit.

1 Corinthians 5, 11-13, tells us to judge those inside the Church, and expel those who don't pass judgement. Romans 12:9 tells us to hate what is evil, and cleave to what is good. If we can't judge between them, how are we to know the difference?

"My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins." James 5, 19-20.

We're even told that God will have us to judge angels!

Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 22, 2016 - 9:10am
It doesn't require religion to be empathic and understanding, but religion can direct those towards it who have problems "getting it" without exterior help ;-)
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 22, 2016 - 9:37am
Thanks Reverend, today is my day off, I believe I will try to get much done.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 22, 2016 - 9:40am
Matthew  - I read that article and I liked it.  Thanks.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 22, 2016 - 10:21am
Billy - First of all the bible wasn't written in English and some words just don't translate over correctly.  I think we can safely say that when Jesus tells us not to judge he is meaning not to look down on others.  Not to put other people below you.  I think when Jesus was explaining how to judge, he wasn't explaining that to us, but he was telling that to the pharisees and scribes who were already judging people, but to us, he told us not to judge.  In other parts of the bible where it tells us judgement is necessary, I believe a better word to have been used was discernment.

There was questions about what it meant to be a neighbor and Jesus answered it.

But wanting to justify himself, he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”
Jesus took up this question and said, “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him, beat him, and went away, leaving him half dead.
Now by chance a priest was going down the same road, but when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
So too, when a Levite came to that spot and saw him, he passed by on the other side.
But when a Samaritan on a journey came upon him, he looked at him and had compassion. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
The next day he took out two denariie and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Take care of him,’ he said, ‘and on my return I will repay you for any additional expense.’
Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”
“The one who showed him mercy,” replied the expert in the law.
Then Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

It is important to understand that the Samaritans were a racially mixed society, because of this they were looked down upon.

Whenever I quote Jesus, people will often quote Paul to me.  It is a strange thing that there are some things that Paul says that sounds nothing at all like what Jesus said.  I question the validity of Paul.  First of all he is a man who persecuted Christians. He leaves behind the other 12 apostles, he talks bad about them and claims he is the apostle to the gentiles.  Peter was told to go to the gentiles in a vision.  How is it that Paul replaced him.  It is very important to have 12 apostles. They drew lots to replace Judas.  Now we have a 13th apostle and I thought it was so important to have 12.
But to some it all up.  Rome persecuted the Christians very badly and then an emperor sees a vision, converts to Christianity, creates the Roman Catholic church and becomes its first pope.  Something sounds very familiar about that,  hmmm, lets see - Paul, persecutes the Christians, sees a vision, converts to christian, creates the gentile church, makes himself the leader, calling himself the Apostle to the gentiles. Not that Paul didn't exist, but the story may have been twisted just a little bit.  So anyways, I'm a follower of Jesus.  Paul said we shouldn't say that because we are all of one spirit, well I'm saying it.  So if you are ever going to quote Paul to say something different than what Jesus said, don't bother.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 22, 2016 - 10:23am
Billy - I don't know why my comment has different colors of fonts, don't read nothing into that, I don't know how that happened?
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 22, 2016 - 10:26am
Micheal - You are right, it will be impossible to unite Christianity, Islam, even the Buddhist are having trouble. If I told you why, you wouldn't believe me, so I'll leave that one alone.  But thanks for the comment.
Billy Roper Added Jul 22, 2016 - 11:06am
Yes, the Old testament was written in Hebrew, and the New Testament in Greek. Acts 7:27, in the King James Version, shows that "neighbor" means someone of the Israelite race. The Hebrew word, is "shema".

However, note that Jesus not only never told anyone that non-Israelites should be considered equal and everyone should intermarry...in Matthew Ch. 15 he behaved in a racially conscious manner, and even said, "I have come only to save the lost sheep of the House of Israel". Paul and other disciples' later ministries to the Greeks and other Whites who were the descendants of Israelites who'd lost knowledge of their identity after being taken off into captivity centuries earlier didn't mean he was abandoning that.

In other words, Jesus was saying that the lost sheep of the House of Israel, including those who didn't follow Mosaic laws or customs, were still His people, and should be treated as such. The Samaritans weren't a separate race, they were descendants of lost Israelites. Here:

"Ancestrally, Samaritans claim descent from the tribe of Ephraim and tribe of Manasseh (two sons of Joseph) as well as from the Levites, who have links to ancient Samaria from the period of their entry into the land of Canaan, while some suggest that it was from the beginning of the Babylonian captivity up to the Samaritan polity of Baba Rabba. Samaritans used to include a line of Benjamin tribe, but it became extinct during the decline period of the Samaritan demographics. The split between them and the Judeans began during the time of Eli when, according to Samaritan tradition, Judeans split off from the central Israelite tradition..."

Bill H. Added Jul 22, 2016 - 11:33am
As we have become polarized and molded by media and the internet bubble, we may also have lost our ability to sit back and analyze other's concerns and points of view. In many cases, we will now never see or hear it anyway.
Since people are constantly bombarded by words of who they consider authority figures, they just simply sign on to what they are being told to do or how to think without giving any thought whatsoever. This is also true on the internet, as most search engines and social media sites now only serve the user what the algorithm has determined they are comfortable with.
If you watched the Republican convention the past few nights, you saw the best example of this I have ever witnessed with the audience virtually entrenched and cheering for every statement made, no matter if it agreed with the usual Republican beliefs or not. They even applauded when Trump mentioned that he will support the LGBT"Q" community, which has historically been taboo for the Republicans (especially considering his choice for VP).
I am not just pointing out Republicans, as I suspect we will see exactly the same phenomenon at the Democratic convention.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 22, 2016 - 11:47am
Billy - You are right, nothing really changes until we get into Acts and Peter sees the vision of the different foods and realizes, "God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean."  Before that time however there was a chosen people.

David Vose has some interesting ideas and I have not had an opportunity to really investigate them.  Jesus came to Israel first because it was the lowest part of the earth.  He claims that America is the promised land and that the descendants of Abraham once lived here.

If we had all the Gnostic scriptures we might have a better understanding of who this false god was.

There is so much stuff and so many ideas it can make your head spin.  When it gets a little bit to much for me I just go back to words of Jesus.

There is one thing Jesus said that still has me confused.   He always gave the scribes and pharisees hell.  He really threw some hard words at them.  But then he tells his disciples that we need these people. There has got to be a missing piece of the bible that explains what he meant by that.

Billy Roper Added Jul 22, 2016 - 11:52am
Actually, the New Covenant was made with the same people, as Jesus said, the lost sheep of the House of Israel, Paul and the other disciples just went to find them in Europe where they had gone to after the captivity and diaspora. Those who call themselves Jews today aren't descended from the Biblical Israelites, you know, but rather from converts to Judaism, over four centuries after Christ. The covenant is based on ancestry, descent from Abraham, not on religion, so since they aren't descended from Abraham, they aren't God's chosen people.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 22, 2016 - 12:19pm
Again Billy I believe you are right.  Most of the European Jews come from the Khazarian Empire, a people who changed their religion to Judaism.
Archaeologists claim that the original Israelis were Canaanites.  Egypt controlled Cannon until a group of Canaanites broke away and created what is today Israel.

Why did Jesus have to go their first?

There are lots of mysteries.  But one day it's all going to be explained to us and it will all make perfect sense then.
Ric Wells Added Jul 22, 2016 - 12:45pm
Shep. I am reminded of one of my favorite lines. YA CAN'T FIX STUPID. Good talking with you.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 22, 2016 - 12:54pm
Thanks Ric - Peace be with you friend.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 22, 2016 - 2:54pm
Bill - They managed to control the protests at the Republican convention, I don't think it will be so easy at the Democrat convention.  I see a thing going on were people are beginning to see each others point of view. For instance, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are the two most disliked presidential candidates in the history of America.  People are beginning to realize that their party, Republican or Democrat is not for them. Disturbingly, many are waking up to this.  I think Hillary Clinton will be president.  My wife wants me to vote for Donald Trump, isn't that weird?  My mother and two sisters are voting for Donald Trump.  I think the TV even wants us to vote for Donald Trump, because he's on TV all the time.  But this time, the TV I don't think will win. Something is going on.  I started an article about it.  The evil empire seems to be splitting in two.  It won't matter if most people vote for Trump, Hillary will win, its already been decided.  Or, something else will happen, I don't know what that might be.  Keeping my eyes open.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 22, 2016 - 3:49pm
Shep

Tell them, ok, vote Trump, but never complain after. Or vote Clinton, and also never complain after.

When there will be a time left to complain...

Your fault. You stopped Bernie, so NEVER ever complain.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 22, 2016 - 4:20pm
SEF

I wish I could still hope that Bernie will be president, but I don't see it happen.  Bernie endorsed Hillary Clinton. It isn't the firs time I've seen something like this happen. What do they do to these people in Washington?  Do they hypnotize them, brainwash them?  Do aliens body snatch them, or do they just threaten to kill their wives. It isn't bad enough that Bernie endorses Hillary, but completely ignores the cheating.  It was worse in California.  No mention about it from the main stream media and Bernie doesn't even complain about it, like it never happened.  Like all of us who witnessed this are supposed to believe we're crazy or just sore losers. This has been going on since Al Gore was supposed to be president.  Could you imagine what this would be if Al Gore was president like he was supposed to be.  We wouldn't of had 9/11, the Afghan or Iraq war. These are dark days, but the light is around the corner, somehow, someway, I just have to believe that and hope that I am right.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 22, 2016 - 5:19pm
Thanks Kevin - noted.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 22, 2016 - 5:22pm
Shep

Sorry, gotta pass on that one. I didn't follow that - I was in Africa at that time. But I was NOT a fan of Bush ;-)

Billy Roper Added Jul 22, 2016 - 5:39pm
I'm very impressed that you're aware of the Khazar origin of Ashkenazi Jews. My respect for you increases, Sir.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 22, 2016 - 6:02pm
SEF - I had a big impeach Bush sign in the back window of my car, someone slashed my tires.  Got the tires fixed and decided to put that sign against a tree right in front of the state capital.  Took a picture of it and posted it online, I wonder if I can still find that picture.  That sign stayed there for 3 days until someone noticed it.  I found it, here it is https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/j_ViO2Q9GwD-M9YgRwZpSvjqp7BDmRn03sqyIvm5Eh7cFBH9No_BezXBddHJIy7EUUEissUSDGlq=w276-h207-p-no
Cliff M. Added Jul 22, 2016 - 6:09pm
Shep, The meek shall inherit the earth!
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 22, 2016 - 6:10pm
Thanks Billy - A lot of people don't know that.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 22, 2016 - 6:56pm
Cliff - Jesus did say that didn't he.  He said the earth. He didn't say our mind or our inner world or future kingdom, he said the earth.  Maybe there is hope for this world after all, it's just difficult to see at this time. Thanks Cliff - appreciate that encouragement.  Blessed Be.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 22, 2016 - 7:34pm
Shep

Don't worry. When you're dead you won't remember that you were alive ;-) Same for all of us. Remember what I said about not being used to be dead ?

I mean it jokingly. I'm not gonna throw myself from a bridge :) But when you get older you get cynical - and at the same time look from a distance.

The good part of getting old.
John Suarez Added Jul 23, 2016 - 2:13am
Excellent post.
Mircea Negres Added Jul 23, 2016 - 4:54am
Good one, Shepard. I agree judgement is one thing, hypocrisy another. The way I see it, there is a difference between calling oneself a Christian and being one. Had one of the former, a neighbor, visit yesterday. This guy said a great deal of b.s. and didn't like it when his prejudice was challenged. It's unfortunate that there are too many like him out there, but not even the Information Super-highway can cure those who are willfully blind to the truth around them, never mind the wise words of a man who tried to get people to love and treat decently one another.
Patrick Writes Added Jul 23, 2016 - 7:29am
I agree with post. But I'll add that it's a careful line Christians have to walk. Pretty much Christians are free to judge other Christians by God's moral law. And they do this out of love (if you're doing something that is bad for you, a true friend will tell you to stop it).

But it's not Christian's job to judge unbelievers. But even then, if unbelievers are confused about what is right and wrong, Christians can help clarify.

And I'll even go so far as to say, I have no problem with what Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort do with their good person test with unbelievers. ('Have you ever stolen something, told a lie, blaspheme God's name'?)
Patrick Writes Added Jul 23, 2016 - 8:05am
@Billy Roper - Be careful, some of your conclusions are too simplistic.

It sounds like your criteria for who is "really" Jewish would exclude King David. His great-grandmother was a Moabite (Ruth).

Maybe it would exclude Jesus because in his ancestral line, he had not only Ruth but Rahab the prostitute of Jericho (who joined the Israelities and married a Jewish man).

In the Jewish religion, a person's designation inherited through the mother or the father.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 23, 2016 - 12:48pm
SEF - getting old is kinda cool.  Because when you get lazy you can say you're old and tired.  When you get angry, you can just say your old and cranky.  There are some good things about getting older.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 23, 2016 - 12:49pm
Thanks John, appreciate the complement.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 23, 2016 - 12:59pm
Mercia - We're all kinda hypocrites if you think about it. It's kinda difficult not to get around that.  For instance, here I am judging people about judging people, I know. I'm sure there is a better way to handle this, but frankly, I just don't have the patience.  But the difference is, I know my faults, I know I'm not perfect.  These people think that they're God's assistants or something. Basically, they've got to figure it out for themselves, in the meantime, I just don't have to put up with it.
I am closest to the Christian religion, but I don't like to call myself Christian because I don't want people to mistake me for one of them.  I did write an article about that, it's here:  My Religion

Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 23, 2016 - 1:14pm
Patrick - I like the Wicca law which says, do as you will, harm none.  I think how others chose their sexuality and relationships is NONE of our business.  It was Jewish Law that adulterers be stoned.  To test Jesus, they brought this woman caught in adultery to him.  You have to wonder, why would that be a test, unless maybe they were unsure about this Jewish law. What did Jesus do?  He said that if any of you be without sin, you may throw the first stone.  He wrote something in the dirt, and the scriptures doesn't say what it was. But when each man looked at it, they threw down their stone and left from the oldest to the youngest.  That would make sense, because the older you are, the more time you had to do things that were wrong.  Then it was just Jesus and the woman, and what does he do, he just lets her go.  I think the moral of that story is, we just shouldn't be running around judging people.  If somebody is hurting somebody and you witness it, well now, that's a whole different deal.  But if somebody is doing something that you think is wrong and its not hurting anyone, then leave them alone, it's not our business, it's not our place.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 23, 2016 - 5:29pm
Shep

Right. I can always say: Hey, Mr. Alzheimer is here on a visit, werqwklhdsf vsdlkfjlasdkf sdfafg.

My father had him as a friend......;-)
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 23, 2016 - 5:32pm
BTW: The biggest advantage of aging is that you don't have to take life too seriously anymore. Because you KNOW.
Cliff M. Added Jul 23, 2016 - 6:50pm
When you get older you learn to pick your battles.A lot of stuff just doesn't really matter.You also realize how much you don't know.
Billy Roper Added Jul 24, 2016 - 9:26am
Patrick, Ruth lived among the Moabites, and practiced their culture, but if you do the research, she was an Israelite, going back to the time when that side of the river was first conquered. That's why she was able to be accepted by a "kinsman redeemer" who brought her back in. Likewise, Rahab in Jericho was an Israelite.  She was a descendant of Sherah, the daughter of Ephraim. Also, you're wrong about the law of return, and the Jewish definition of Jewishness, it's inherited through the matrilineal side.
Patrick Writes Added Jul 24, 2016 - 9:52am
@Billy - Sorry man. You are incorrect about Ruth. She WAS a Moabite. Read the text, in the first chapter Naomi tells her to go home to her own people. She was able to be redeemed because she was the widow of a Jewish man, Naomi's son.

There is an often repeated talking point that "Jewishness in inherited through the mother". I'm familiar with this as well. But, again, if a Jewish man marries a non-Jew, the child won't be Jewish? It doesn't make sense. That would mean Ruth's son Obed (King David's grandpa) wasn't Jewish.

Also, Judaism is a race and a religion. Even in the ancient days, anyone who wanted to join the Jews, could do so. Uriah the Hittite, first husband of Bathsheba did this.

In a nutshell, you aren't quite correct in your argument and you're flatly wrong about Ruth and Rahab the prostitute (of Jericho). In ancient times, modern times, all through history, if a person wants to join the Jews, they can do so. Donald Trump's daughter Ivanka did this. She married a Jewish man, converted to Judaism before the wedding, the children are Jewish.

Billy Roper Added Jul 24, 2016 - 9:58am
And yet, Israel, the rabidly racist Jewish state, defines their law of return based on whether your mom is Jewish, regardless of religion or lack thereof.

This will help clarify your understanding of why Ruth was called a Moabite. She was, just like the Iranian kid in Munich who shot those people called himself a German.

Billy Roper Added Jul 24, 2016 - 10:11am
Rahab was an Israelite descendant of Sherah, the daughter of Ephraim, who went to Canaan about two centuries or so before the Exodus -- 1 Chronicles 7:24 -- and built the strongholds of Beth-horon and Uzzen-sherah some 25 miles west of Jerich.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 24, 2016 - 10:59am
Supposedly the Queen of England sits on the thrown of David.  However just like archaeologists never found any evidence of Moses, they also never found any kingdom that was ruled by David. They did however find a village who was ruled over by David. We have to realize before our faith gets crushed by evidence that the bible, what is left of it, is not a history book or a science book.  The bible is a book of stories that might contain some historical fact.  But it is a story book and those stories are meant to teach us things.  Also, there was a false god. All the information about this false god has been stripped out of the bible. But with recently discovered dead sea scrolls and with what Gnostic scriptures that have survived the dark ages, we know of this false god.  If the scriptures were left complete before a Roman emperor decided that the scriptures were too confusing and put together the council of nicea to weed out what he believed were questionable scriptures, we might have had a better understanding of some things in the old testament.  This might explain some ugly things in the old testament and things that are conflicting.  Like we're not supposed to kill, but we can stone our children if they're disrespectful.
Patrick Writes Added Jul 24, 2016 - 11:04pm
@Shepard -
The Tel Dan Stele, discovered in 1993, is a big rock they dug out of the ground by an unnamed Aramean king in northern Israel (where Aram bordered Israel).

It lists the king's victory of the (split) northern kingdom of Israel and southern kingdom of Judah (and lists the king of Judah as being of the 'House of David').

Patrick Writes Added Jul 24, 2016 - 11:07pm
Another rock they dug out shows the king of Assyria receving tribute from Jehu, king of (northern) Israel--from same approximate period.

Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 24, 2016 - 11:47pm
Patrick - Wikipedia is dominated by Zionist editors.  The information isn't always accurate.  I will have to check the date the archaeological paper to see if it is before 1993 and research it further - thanks.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 25, 2016 - 12:06pm
Michael - I guess every one is different.  Religion fascinates me.  Unfortunately I really don't that much time on it and I should.

It's not the Christian religion that fascinates me, it's all religion.  If you study all religions you will find parallels. You will find things that are the same.  I take all these things that I find that are the same and consider it a truth, and its fascinating what you find.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 25, 2016 - 1:45pm
Shep

All religions have the same goal. The search for the answer:

Who am I and why ?

And there will NEVER be an answer, because the question is obsolete seen from nature. We are nature, but we've forgotten that. No god needed, in reality.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 25, 2016 - 2:01pm
SEF - That is you looking within from the outside.  But on the inside, their is so much more going on.

Maybe we are all imagining it.  But a whole lot of us have been imaging the same thing for thousands of years all around the world.  Did nature accidentally make us stupid or could it be we are on to something?

Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 25, 2016 - 2:39pm
Shep

Nature doesn't plan. Nature is archaic. We have developed our brains in millions of years, not overnight. At some stage we saw an image of us, maybe a reflection in water at first, and then - Wow, I AM.

And since we knew we have parents, we knew that THEY made (created) us. But what about the rest ? We HAD TO imagine that "someone" made that planet, because we couldn't, and some still can't think outside of the scheme of CREATION by "someone" or "somewhat".

I think we simply haven't succeeded yet to see ourselves from the outside. Old African cultures were capable of that, but our monotheistic propaganda books as the bible or the quran have closed that window.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Aug 4, 2016 - 2:26am
Cussing In Church

A crusty old man walks into the local Lutheran Church and says
to the secretary, "I would like to join this damn church. "

The astonished woman replies, "I beg your pardon, sir. I must
have misunderstood you. What did you say?"

"Listen up, damn it. I said I want to join this damn church!"

" I'm very sorry sir, but that kind of language is not
tolerated in this church."

The secretary leaves her desk and goes into the pastor's
study to inform him of her situation. The pastor agrees that
the secretary does not have to listen to that foul language.

They both return to her office and the pastor asks the old
geezer, "Sir, what seems to be the problem here?"

There is no damn problem," the man says. "I just won $200
million bucks in the damn lottery and I want to join this damn church to
get rid of some of this damn money. "

"I see," said the pastor. "And is this bitch giving you a hard time?"
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Aug 4, 2016 - 3:42am
Jeffry - That's funny

Recent Articles by Writers Minister Peaceful Poet follows.