It's Time For A New Phobia Word

It's time for a new phobia word because the establishment has a phobia, a fear, a blind-spot of shocking proportions that is so extreme that it bends reality away from the norms of human activities, biology, and nature generally.

If you read to this point, good.  I'll reveal this new phobia word.  It is "NORMPHOBIA", meaning the fear of the norm, fear of what is truly normal in the way humans behave, act in public and privately naturally.

Normphobia is fear of the average Joe, fear of the average hard working population, fear of allowing people of all skill and educational levels from getting a job that might be No-Collar, Blue-Collar, No-Tech, Low-Tech, skilled and unskilled, and entry-level jobs at entry level pay.

Normphobia wants there to be no career opportunities for people below higher education.  It limits jobs for people with physical and cognitive challenges, it ignores the fact that college is not for everyone.  It turns its back on mechanics, laborers who want merit pay, and they are against factories period!

The Normphobia ailment has invaded the establishment types so strongly that it is improper for them to accept that the genders have a differing biology.

That is true until someone needs heavy furniture moved at your place of work?

As you can see, I am developing this new terminology.  What do you think?

Comments

Stephen Hunter Added Nov 20, 2016 - 4:47pm
Interesting perspective Opes. Would it be considered the norm to have the desire to want to educate oneself? Whether it be for a better paying job or god forbid a job you might like better? Or is many cases reeducate to get a job period.
Opes Added Nov 20, 2016 - 6:37pm
Stephen, Please don't try to spin this as an all or nothing argument.

The main point is that some people do have the capacities for the actions you mention, but clearly not everyone.  That is the point, those who are afflicted with Normphobia do not want anything other than those people that have the desire and capabilities as you say for reeducation to higher level skill work.  The norms of our population in the USA do not match the push for everyone to achieve those levels.  We should allow for everyone who want to work to have that potential at a level commensurate to their potential and appropriate/realistic desire.

You surely do not expect everyone to be able to achieve a medical doctor degree do you?
Stephen Hunter Added Nov 20, 2016 - 8:31pm
oh goodness no Opes, would rather people choose a direction that they have at least an interest in, and hopefully a passion for.
Tamara Wilhite Added Nov 20, 2016 - 10:28pm
There is a serious problem with the college educated elite (I have a bachelor's in engineering myself). This is the collusion of credentialitis with liberal values. End results include:
* preferences by them to fill jobs with people with a degree, any degree, regardless of job requirements or lack of need for a college degree to fill it
* a misguided assumption that a master's or doctorate increases someone's value when it may simply mean greater indoctrination
* demeaning the value of the hard physical work that many put in, despite most college educated never having worked in such a position
* assuming that higher education equals higher IQ, then treating anyone with less than a bachelors' degree as literally stupid
* ignoring the lower than average IQ of many with ethnic and women's studies degrees and often insane things one can reason themselves into when they have a master's degree or more (see Dennis Prager's list of things you need at least a master's degree)
* engrained to see credentials as a measure of the person, whomever has the most letters after their name is presumed to be right on any topic - including things totally unrelated to their education
* a general worship of the "professional" or demand for a technocrat class, essentially saying we need an educated elite to tell us all what to do and how to do everything, shut up you hoi polloi
*  people assume conservative equals stupid, in part because education increasingly means education.
That's the flipside of liberals saying they are good, smart, educated - you get the mantle of "educated" just by joining their cause while a doctorate in engineering can get called stupid for not being liberal.
Shane Laing Added Nov 20, 2016 - 10:55pm
As one of the great unwashed (I don't have a degree). I do get angry when I am referred to as uneducated. I can read, write, I can even sit on the toilet the right way.  I have a higher than average IQ (138) but I was too lazy to get any qualifications at school. As far as I see it anyone with a degree has a bent for the subject they studied, they may be a whizz at chemistry but it does not necessarily mean they would make a great senior manager of a building company. For anyone coming into my role a degree is required, why? I haven't got one, I never needed one, yet can do the role quite happily.
Mircea Negres Added Nov 21, 2016 - 5:13am
The bias towards the so-called uneducated has already led to a lack of qualified artisans in South Africa and the few left are already being offered jobs in Australia and New Zealand. I wish I was kidding, but it's true.

I don't have a university degree either, and my experiences with PhD holders has been less than beneficial- they were dumber and more ignorant than the average people I know.

Met some guys in a pub last Friday. One of them offered me a chance to become a welder. I told him that if he was willing to train me, I'd be willing to learn. Heck, the second-last time I tried to change my professional vocation, I joined a mechanic's workshop as apprentice. Sadly, I was forced to go back to my old security ways when the boss tried to kill a woman, five people ran out of the office and I dived in. I saved a woman's life, but that was the end of my apprenticeship.
Billy Roper Added Nov 21, 2016 - 8:05am
I like to use their own words against them, sometimes. Hoplophobia is an irrational fear of firearms. REAL Islamaphobia is being afraid to report on Muslim rapes or to identify Muslim terrorists. Have fun with them! That's why God created liberals, for our entertainment.
Opes Added Nov 21, 2016 - 11:21am
High-Tech/White-Collar or Bust’ mentality is the current establishment thinking that rejects and ignores U.S. factories, manufacturing, and a wide variety of labor-intensive income streams. This thinking turns its back on learn-by-doing jobs, and on-the-job-training, as well as apprentice opportunities (Union & non-Union).

Normphobia  is an irrational fear of normal people that prefer opportunities to work in U.S. factories, manufacturing, and a wide variety of labor-intensive occupations.
Jeff Michka Added Nov 21, 2016 - 7:50pm
I can even sit on the toilet the right way - Shane writes.  OK, But do you put toilet paper on the roll, "the right way?"  Just Askin'.
Opes Added Nov 23, 2016 - 6:53pm
It was a dumb move that so many voters were being lead to believe so many myths by the media and Dems. Then the media tried to call voters dummies for considering a vote other than what the media was demanding.
Opes Added Jan 11, 2017 - 6:14pm
The establishment MEDIA really is fighting back against change.

Who gets to call the news Fake or not?