The Problem with the Snowflake Generation

I watched a short video today that someone sent to me.  It is a little survey of college students and their reactions to the question of gender neutrality.  It's only a little over 4 minutes (4:13).  It shows how this next generation cannot admit the obvious.  They're so mixed up and cannot recognize reality when they see it.  These college students did not feel empowered to tell an obviously short white guy that he's not a tall Chinese woman.  They were so afraid of being politically incorrect that they accepted lies as truth.  They didn't want to tell a grown, mentally sound man that if he claimed to be 7 years old, he should not be a student in a first grade classroom.  The question was raised that if they cannot answer the easy, obvious answers, how are they going to deal with the really difficult decisions and questions in life?  "If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything."  http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/434158/watch-college-kids-cant-explain-why-short-white-man-isnt-tall-asian-woman

People are so afraid to correct someone else.  I think that's the key problem here.  People are so afraid of being judged that they do not want to judge others, even when it is so obvious.  What's the harm of teaching and instructing and correcting?  Why do they go to college if they don't want to be instructed on how to do something the right way, and avoid the wrong way?  Why do they think it's smart to claim all truth is relative?

If I said I believe I can fly, would you allow me to jump off the bridge?  I wonder what their responses would be to that?  "If you feel you can fly, then go ahead.  Who am I to judge you, or say your altered sense of reality is wrong?"  Well, I could be hurt.  Would they tell me the truth to avoid my demise and death?  Or would they be too afraid to offend me?  Which is worse, being offended or dying?  You can lovingly guide your friends and prevent them from making mistakes, and you can do that to strangers, too.  I have flashed my lights at an oncoming car who has forgotten to put his headlights on.  I didn't worry that he might feel embarrassed.  I wanted to prevent him from getting into an accident.

Are people hurt by more than just physical means?  Yes, we know that is affirmative.  Not directing someone emotionally is just as harmful.  My grandmother told me once that my clothes didn't match.  I was a teenager, and was very offended and embarrassed that she said that to me (in my own home; this was not in front of any of my friends).  I yelled at her and ran into my room.  She hurt my ego.  I changed my clothes.  I remembered for the rest of my life a principle of color matching.  I was glad.  And trust me, I was not damaged for life!  I appreciate that my grandmother cared enough about me to teach me, and to still love me even though I acted like a 2 yr. old.  She used to say, "If your family can't tell you, who can?"

If a student makes a grammar or math mistake, will they say it's just self expression?  When they get a 45 on a test, will they argue that grades don't matter, and that you can't possible close someone into such tight standards?

Getting back to those college students, I believe they are trying to avoid conflict or confrontation, and justify this cowardice by saying they are being sensitive.  They avoid conflict at all costs, and in doing so, they can't handle conflict that is brought upon themselves, and they totally freak out!  The result of this Snowflake generation was clearly seen with the responses to the Presidential election.  They needed pet therapy, needed to stroke and squeeze play-doh, have time off, be excused for exams, have hot cocoa, etc. in order to comfort themselves.  There are people who have worn safety pins to distinguish them as people who are safe, who won't hurt you on this conversation of the election.  There are those who don't cry when they don't get their way, but rather get angry.  In the false name of "protesting" they are rioting, looting, shooting and harming others, including law enforcement.

Conflict and correction is good for us.  The Bible does this.  Humility of spirit helps us to grow into maturity.  Pride is the destroyer of our souls.  This next generation's rejection of truth, God, and the Bible has this natural consequence of rebellion.  1 Samuel 15:23: " For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. "

2 Timothy 2:15: "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

Hebrews 4:12: "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

2 Timothy 3:16-17: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

I want to learn and grow.  It does hurt and I sometimes feel embarrassed when I do wrong or make a mistake.  But I sure am glad afterwards that I learned that, and plan to never make that same mistake again.  That embarrassment helps me to remember the consequence of that error.  Yes, I'm thankful for mercy and kindness and grace, and those things are important and is why God told us to speak the truth in love.  There is a nice way to say things.  Sometimes questioning someone who is clearly off track can help to find a teaching moment that will not hurt as much, as we can show understanding rather than ridicule. Then lovingly bring them into truth.  You'll be their hero, not their enemy.

Comments

Billy Roper Added Dec 13, 2016 - 10:22am
Dawn, this is a very good article about the effects of liberal brainwashing and political correctness. It's cultural Marxism. It didn't happen overnight, and it didn't happen accidentally.
Billy Roper Added Dec 13, 2016 - 10:51am
Here's a link to the interview.

This is another incident of the suicidal failure of Jews, their chuzpah, because the last thing they really want is for people to become curious and start looking into interracial crime statistics. That would negate their false narrative.
Billy Roper Added Dec 13, 2016 - 10:57am
What Trump should have said, in context, instead of that 81% of White murders are committed by blacks, is that of interracial murders in the U.S., 81% are murders of Whites by blacks.
Billy Roper Added Dec 13, 2016 - 11:08am
Yes. Facts are racist. So are statistics. Biology is not only racist, but transphobic.
Sam Sung Stone Added Dec 13, 2016 - 12:17pm
To the author

You can jump off a cliff and fly!  HA: nothing beyond the human mind (astronauts).  It (that mind) even believes a god can be real.  Nonsense or a way to make it true?
Patrick Writes Added Dec 13, 2016 - 6:48pm
Good post. I'm reminded of a couple proverbs so I listed below.

Better are the wounds of a friend, than the deceitful kisses of an enemy. Proverbs 27:6

Righteous lips are a king's delight, and he loves one who speaks honestly. Proverbs 16:13
Dawn Foss Added Dec 13, 2016 - 7:53pm
Thanks, Billy!  I agree that it's not accidental.

Thanks, Tom!  And yes, they think Christians, for example, are brainwashed, and they (the liberals) think for themselves.  We Christians have a common point of reference: the Bible, and so do they: their college professors and the philosophical agenda they have been teaching for years.  Everyone is influenced by what they are taught.  The worldview people adopt will color their perspective.  I follow a biblical worldview because it makes the most sense and is the healthiest.

I didn't see that interview, but I'll watch the link tonight.

Humans are murdering humans; I think there is too much emphasis on races.

Sam, there is evidence for God, but no evidence that if I jump off a bridge and flap my arms that I will fly.  I did try that when I was a kid; I jumped off the side swingset bar and flapped my arms because I wanted to be like Puff the Magic Dragon! LOL!  That's the mindset of a child, not a mature adult.  Saying I am a black, tall man when I'm a white, short woman is as silly as a child's wild imagination (I love children's wild imaginations, but I wouldn't call that reality).

Patrick, I love those Proverbs!  They are so true!
Doug Plumb Added Dec 13, 2016 - 8:47pm
They believe that there is no truth and that the only truth is to be kind. Sort of a fairy land for young children.
  PC'er's take kindness and use it against people and its not completely the peoples fault that they are morons. Its the power of propaganda.
  Anyone's first mistake is to think they cannot be fooled. Anyone can be fooled by the right magician. This is especially true when they have no grounding in any kind of truth.
Doug Plumb Added Dec 13, 2016 - 8:56pm
re "Speaking of Fox News, did anyone catch Tucker Carlson's interview with the Jewish Professor that wrote an inflammatory letter to over 600 colleagues, damning Trump supporters accusing them of failure in civic duty, and worse?  I've never really liked Tucker Carlson, but oh my goodness, he really shined the light on that Professors arrogant stupidity.  "

OMG I'm listening to this. I thought math professors were really really smart.

"I know what a weaselly inference is" Classic !!!!!!!! -Tucker Carlson is one cool dude for this moment.
Dawn Foss Added Dec 13, 2016 - 10:08pm
Doug, I agree.  We have to be smart.  Matthew 10:16 says, "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."

I just watched that professor video.  Unbelievable!  That professor was so annoying.  He clearly was shooting out accusations with a double standard, trying to sound smart but clearly did not look at things in a logical way.
Tom Harrison Added Dec 13, 2016 - 11:28pm
I watched the video, and read through your piece.  With respect, I disagree that the video demonstrates a whole lot, although the point is probably about right: we are conditioned to be sensitive of others' feelings and are hesitant to disagree with self-evident facts, and yeah, probably to a fault.  And college students -- I got me one of them, and many are as dumb as a stump.  So anyhoo...

The weakness of the video, in my view, is about the relevance of the information.  If I am using my driver's license for identity, my height is very relevant.  My appearance is very relevant.  If I am getting on a plane and the TSA agent looks at my license and it says I am a 6'5" Chinese woman but my picture looks like me, well shit howdy, I have an issue.  Because that's bogus ID and I should not be let on the plane until it's sorted out. Racial or ethnic characteristics are also perfectly valid because they are observable and not easily changed.

The video interviewer posed hypothetical questions, and people gave answers (while being taped).  Who knows what they really thought, although at some level most said in one way or other, "No, I wouldn't agree", even if they were mealy mouthed, at times.  They were just being "polite", or evasive, or clueless college kids.  So really that's all I saw in the video.

But your writing made a much larger point.

I think there are two aspects of gender that are getting confused in the argument.  There's what you look like, and what you feel like.  I think we can all almost always tell whether someone looks like a guy or a girl.  It's a lot harder to know what people are feeling like, although almost always a very reasonable assumption to make that someone who looks like a guy thinks he's a guy.  I am not a woman, so can't say for sure, but guess it's the same over there.  Some large percentage of us feel like what we look like.

But not all of us.

I have a family member who used to be my brother in law.  He's my sister in law now.  Or should I say she's my sister in law?  I'll say "she" just because that's her preference.  But do you think she wanted to be a woman after being a man for 42 years?  Do you think she wanted to divorce her (female) wife?  Put their two kids through that shit?  And yes, she now gets stopped at airports and has to present a letter from her doctor confirming that her license is correct.

The stories she tells of her life, her constant battle with gender identity, all of it seems pretty horrible to me and about the last thing you would wish on someone.  She has changed her appearance in several ways.  Why?  I cannot imagine -- the thought never crossed my mind that I was something other than a guy.  About 3 in 1000 people have these thoughts (according to my Google query), so it probably mystifies the other 997 of us as well.

Meanwhile, my high-school daughter reports that many of her classmates are reporting that they are gay, or trans or whatever else (as long as they are not "normal"!!) -- she thinks this is just because they are confused about sex and want to be different. I can relate to that!  When I was in high school the only part of sex I was sure of was that I wanted a lot of it and was getting none.

These kids are immature in both senses of the word: mentally for sure, and physically as well.  Just because you have gone through puberty doesn't mean you have all of this stuff figured out.  And the information we're all hearing now that it's possible that you are a man or a woman or even somewhere in between creates even more confusion.  But high school and college kids are not there yet.  They are probably picking up on what's on TV or in the magazines, or online or whereever.  This is not new that kids are curious or confused about gender; it is new that there's a bizarre sounding possibility that you may not "really be" what you seem to be.

But childish thoughts eventually work themselves out until we learn who we really are.  We almost always end up realizing that we aren't 6'5", and aren't Chinese, and aren't a woman. Our identities on all angles tend to match what we look and feel like.

But not always.  Some things are measurable.  Like height.  Or skin color.  Some things are not.  And for a small percentage of the population, it seems like what they think inside is not what you would expect.

And other aspects of identity are totally not measurable.  You could probably guess a few things correctly about me based on what I write here.  But maybe I am a pathological liar who trolls right
Tom Harrison Added Dec 13, 2016 - 11:32pm
(continued since I write too much!)

... maybe I am a pathological liar who trolls right-leaning websites to piss off "the deplorables".  Maybe I am Muslim.  Or a Jew.  Or as several commenters put in less gentle terms, a black person.  I'm not any of those, but my point is, there are parts of me you can't guess or observe without knowing me a long time (and even then).

My question is: who cares?  It seems that you do, so the follow up is, why? Why is it important to you how we see ourselves?

If my sister-in-law goes into a woman's bathroom, she's not going to wave her penis around, or leer at other women, or do anything other than what we all do in bathrooms.  So why is it so terrible to accept that this highly unusual (3 in 1000) characteristic of people is something we shouldn't just say "Hey, that's their problem"?

If the argument is that it's what God wrote in the bible, then I cannot argue against that for it is an article of faith.  I am very willing to accept your faith, or anyone's.  My sister-in-law believes as fervently that she is a woman as you may in your Christian faith.  I will accept that your beliefs are valid if you'll accept that mine or others' are, as long as mine don't involve harming you in any way.

Respectfully, and I hope you see with some thought and care,

Tom
Billy Roper Added Dec 14, 2016 - 6:41am
Tom, When people cannot recognize biological reality, then that's an indication they don't have the discernment to make major life decisions for themselves or anyone else. In a society like ours, that means they can vote, sadly, so even if we were all amoral individuals with no shared responsibility for the ethos or ethnos of the state, for that reason alone, it should matter that they continue to steal oxygen.
Dino Manalis Added Dec 14, 2016 - 8:52am
Gender equality, fine, gender neutrality, absurd, men and women should be proud of their genders!
Steve Bergeron Added Dec 14, 2016 - 10:45am
Tom Harrison, I think your relative's problem highlights what I've known for some time.  People who live according to the primacy of the autonomous will, end up with big problems, sooner rather than later.  If people live outside the broader context of truth, then their lives become disordered.  They become characterized by chaos and untruth.  Your brother-in-law is still a man, regardless of what he thinks or desires.  And even if he had an operation to change out parts, his chromosomes will still identify him as a male human being.

A good working definition of insanity is to be separated from reality. We have a lot of insane people in our society because they reject truth in favor of their autonomous will.  Their plans, their desires, their thoughts, etc., all outside the broader context of objective truth.
Tom Harrison Added Dec 15, 2016 - 12:14am
Steve B -- really struggling to put the pieces of your statements together.  Autonomous will: does this translates to will not guided by the hand of God?  Or are we discussing it in Kant's original notions of autonomous vs. heteronomous will?  Or just failure to follow the usual guidance of male chromosomes?  As to "reality", while such a state may exist, it is not observable as being identical by any two observers -- we are humans so can only interpret what we see as our own reality.  Society and culture create rules and norms and that makes life a lot easier, since it allows groups to agree on some things as being "objective" truths. My sister-in-law has fallen out of those norms, to be sure. Does this make her insane, or me for accepting her?  Is there any room in our society for people who don't conform?  Is our culture static?  I guess there's plenty of room, but those of us who live outside of your broader context of truth are doomed to have our lives become disordered.  Help me if I am missing something.
Dawn Foss Added Dec 15, 2016 - 12:15am
Steve, good points.  Tom, I appreciate your thoughts on this.  It's a hot topic.  The problem is that this 3 in 1000, if that's a valid statistic, is fighting to be labeled "normal."  Those with gender confusion need counseling.  I agree they are suffering, they are hurting people, but that is not normal and society trying to label it so is doing a disservice to them.  No one wants to have those struggles, and they are struggles, not because everyone on earth isn't endorsing them as the opposite of what they biologically are, but because it is a mental and emotional disturbance.

What is disturbing is that I have recently been to a class at a hospital in which they announced they are bringing in surgeons to do sex change operations.  What this is in reality is bodily mutilation to treat a problem of the soul.  What is frightening is that the Mayo Clinic is pushing to get children to have sex change operations before puberty so they can go through puberty with the sex they identify with.  Some of the hormones leave irreversible damage, such as voice lowering in women, and of course surgery mutilates the body.  Women can get male-pattern baldness.  Studies have shown that the majority (80's-90%) of children and teens with gender confusion come into their own birth gender by the time they pass adolescence.  Pushing surgery on a minor when they are not developmentally able to make a huge life decision like that is abuse, in my opinion.  They need counseling, not surgery.  I'm seriously concerned about this.

This is the best resource I have found, and is from the Christian Medical and Dental Association.  This was written by doctors who are Christians, and carefully outlined not just the biblical but the biological, social, and other aspects of this very important issue. https://cmda.org/resources/publication/transgender-identification-ethics-statement

As far as the bathroom thing, the issue I have is that some schools are saying that whatever the student claims his or her sex is that day is what they go by.  No doctor's note with medical proof that the chromosomes were mutated at birth, but just the opinion of the child.  So a boy can go into a girls' locker room or bathroom, a man can go into a woman's bathroom.  I realize some people who have had sex change operations cannot be identified by look, but having such an open policy can open the door to people lying and taking advantage of the situation and going into a girls' bathroom and molesting or harming or raping an innocent girl.  Believe me - there are many angry dads over this!  It's insanity - like Steve said, outside of reality.  But it needs and deserves counseling, kindness in helping these hurting people.  But don't call it normal, as the push by Mayo Clinic is trying to do.  I was shocked when I listened to that lecture.

Teaching kids in the schools that sex is whatever you want it to be leads to sexual sins and regrets.  It also causes discomfort by other kids.  I know a teen who left public school and came to a Christian school because girls were coming on to her and putting a lot of pressure on her to be bisexual.  She was not, and was uncomfortable with her peers.  That is not homophobia, that is common sense.  That makes the transgender issue more complicated.  If you have girls assaulting other girls in the bathroom, the level of safety and appropriateness is still tampered with.

It's just confusion.  If a man becomes a woman and marries a man, is he gay?  If he becomes a woman and marries a woman, is he gay?  God is not the author of confusion (1 Cor. 14:33); this is not coming from God.  I mean this with respect; it's an issue that deserves the greatest of care.

This article from June says there are 31 genders in NYC, and if you use the wrong pronoun for someone, you can be fined! http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/NYC-releases-gender-list/2016/06/01/id/731809/  It just goes to show you where going off track can really go off track when we leave the realm of reality.

Where will this end?  If we can do whatever we want in the name of "love" without boundaries, then what about children marrying adults?  What about multiple spouses?  What about beastiality?  These are extreme, but I have seen articles in which those who are proponents for having multiple wives want to get in on this since we have redefined marriage.  Since marriage is an institution of God and is sacred, existed before formal law, only He can define it,
Dawn Foss Added Dec 15, 2016 - 12:25am
Tom, there is a difference between loving a person in spite of their struggles (we all have various struggles) and agreeing with them.  Always be respectful, but that doesn't mean you have to endorse his decisions.  Usually people who are attracted to those of the same sex have been abused or neglected by a parent or others. It's complex, and multifaceted.  But it is not normal.  What people need to know is that there is hope.  Saying, "OK, you're fine, you're normal", causes them to lose their chance for healing.  There is healing for all.  It won't happen overnight, and may be something that will always be a struggle, but they can conquer this thing.  Any lifestyle struggle such as alcoholism, drug abuse, sexual addictions, etc., takes a lot of hard work to overcome, but it is possible.
Dawn Foss Added Dec 15, 2016 - 12:34am
Dino, I agree.  I've done research on this (and even talked about it in my book, Fully Persuaded), but part of the healing for someone involved in homosexuality or lesbianism is to embrace their birth gender, women to embrace their femininity and men their masculinity.  Single parent homes in which the mom rears her sons alone puts boys at a higher risk for homosexuality because they long for that manhood.  Something you men can do to help this crisis is to become big brothers for these boys, spend time with them, play catch, watch or play sports, hunt, fish, or whatever you men do to embrace your manlihood, and teach him how to properly treat a lady.  If the dad is in the home still but is abusive, still try to be a big brother and be a good example.  Men who witness abuse tend to do the same.  Break the cycle.

Women get confused with the God-given desire to bond with women.  Women used to sit on the porch together and quilt and talk, bake together, work together, as did men.  Men got bonding time with men, and women with women.  That is good.  Where people cross the line into inappropriateness and sin is when sex comes into the picture.  This sex-crazed world is part of the problem.  Pornography is all around us on billboards, mall posters, magazines and store flyers, you name it.  Even family shows often have women wearing clothing with deep necklines, tight clothes, lingerie, etc.
Tamara Wilhite Added Dec 15, 2016 - 9:57am
This is the end result of defining morality based on one's feelings. What feels bad is bad, and it is bad (morally) for someone to feel bad. Freedom of speech, association, belief - irrelevant if it "offends" one person and they show how hurt they are by throwing public fits. It also explains why many liberals talk with a perpetual whine or near-crying tone, because that indicates pain and provides moral weight to their arguments (to other liberals) regardless of the ideas presented.
When there's a conflict, that's what the victimhood hierarchy is for. Who officially has more privilege? Man vs woman, black vs white?  Then that supposedly higher status person loses the argument unless there is a central liberal tenet at risk.
In that regard, liberals are following Islam's example of social hierarchies with non-Muslims who pay the high taxes on the bottom but the unbelievers and apostates fair game for violence. And like Islam, the highest good is spreading and strengthening the ideology, while attacking/questioning/criticizing the ideology is a sin worthy and calling for violence.
Liberals have tolerated the authoritarians in their midst who have picked up Islams "words=violence" mantra that permit physical assault against those who question doctrine or bad results of such policies, as well as "the ideology is perfect so questioning it is forbidden even to members".

Just ask Asra Nomani, a feminist activist for Muslim reform who’s frequently attacked by Islamic fundamentalists – and liberals, ironically – because she dares to call out the oppressive nature of many aspects of Islam, especially against women. And even though she’s a Muslim, she’s
been accused of Islamaphobia. It’s absurd.

Many Liberals Defend Islam the Way Gun Fanatics Defend Guns
Steve Bergeron Added Dec 15, 2016 - 10:27am
Hey, Tom!  Sorry I wasn't clearer.  The "primacy of the autonomous will" to which I am referring is basically the black hole of one's own ego, outside the broader context of objective truth.  If we, as a society, fail to realize that there is objective truth outside of our own ego, then we lose sight of and recognition of reality.  That is a good working definition of insanity.  And, yes, I think your brother-in-law has been afflicted with some sort of insanity.  Trying to make him feel good by agreeing with him doesn't help him at all, but in the long run affirms his error.

I'm reminded of a man who told the story that he had heard that his cousin had been admitted to a mental institution.  So, he went to visit him.  He sat down and was having a perfectly sane conversation, thinking, "This guy seems completely normal!  I wonder why they put him in here?!"  Then, his cousin, snickering and shaking his head in sad disbelief, pointed to one of the other patients, and said, "See that guy over there?  He thinks he's Napoleon!"  And he snickered again, saying, "He can't be.  I am!"

So, what is the ultimate reality?  The ultimate reality is God.  As St. Thomas Aquinas said, God is ipsum esse subsistens, or the very act of being, or reality, itself.  What God is not, is one more "thing" in the universe, albeit greater, etc.
Dawn Foss Added Dec 15, 2016 - 10:44am
Tamara, I agree with your comments.  That's why I stand so firm on the Word of God.  We have to have a reliable source of truth to stand on, not our feelings, because they change.  God doesn't change, and He established morals for our benefit and the benefit of those around us so we can have a peaceful civilization.

I read that article and agree with the fact that the liberals show a lot of hypocrisy. As far as guns, or knives, or cars, fists, and even our words, all these things can be used against others in violent ways.  Words aren't considered violent, but let's be real - they can hurl a blow that causes years of pain.  Out of the mouth comes blessing and cursing.  The tongue is a little member of the body, but it can do much damage.  I still stand that violence comes from within the human.

Despite the author's wish, people of all religions will never be able to stand side by side with each other in agreement, because the ideologies of each religion conflicts with each other.  Humans can stand side by side with each other with mutual respect, but that doesn't require that everyone agrees with each other.  America was built on the fact that people have consciences and belief systems and should have the freedom to worship as they please, as long as they are not breaching the peace.  Going to their houses of worship is a right to mankind.  No one has the right to require any or a particular religion for all the people.  They have free will given by God, and that has to be respected.  People should not torture or kill others to take control of people's minds or faith, like the Catholics did in the Crusades or the Muslims do for Islam.  We all have the right to choose.  We can educate each other, and it is the responsibility for each individual to think for themselves and decide what is the best choice with all the facts given.  That's it!  Intelligent, civilized, peaceful debate is great, and we need more of it.  No one should slam another, but give an answer for the hope that is in them.  1 Peter 3:15: "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear [reverence]."
Doug Plumb Added Dec 15, 2016 - 12:46pm
I think if I had children I would have to devote about a half hour every day to deprogramming. This progressive nonsense has gone over the top when they let mature men share bathrooms with little girls just because they think they are women. Putting the rights of the minority above that of the majority is a common inversion of logic which defines Progressivism. I believe that Progressivism is at its core an inversion of logic. This inversion is necessary to change a Christian state into a Talmudic one, which is the real purpose in all of the nonsense, the wars, and everything else that has gone rotten.
Dawn Foss Added Dec 15, 2016 - 1:54pm
I agree, Doug.  Those who are using logic are labeled bigots, intolerant, racist, homophobic, etc.  The Bible says in Romans 1:22 in the context of this very topic, " Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools."  Unfortunately they flaunt themselves around like they are the smart, wise ones, but their much knowledge has caused them to be foolish in their thinking and understanding.  It's a dangerous thing, and you're right, would require deprogramming in order to get them back onto the path of logic.
Bill Kamps Added Dec 15, 2016 - 3:16pm
Not being able to tell someone they are wrong has serious implications when the stakes are higher. It doesnt matter a lot, if a person thinks they are Chinese when they are not.  However, if the conversation is on the Deepwater Horizon, and the person is wrong about safety, then what ?  if the conversation is about risk taking at banks that could throw the country into recession, then what ?

People who cant simple say that someone is not 6'5, when they clearly are not, cannot make more difficult decisions that will affect lives, or economies.

This may be one reason why the military still functions correctly, remember they dont set policy about when they are used.  Military units still function as they should, air craft carriers dont sink, planes dont crash on the flight deck.  A big reason why is that during basic training they break you down and then rebuild you, so you understand the way to do it is the military way.  They teach you logic,  and problem solving so that  if it isnt in the manual, you still have a chance to get it right.
Dawn Foss Added Dec 15, 2016 - 8:05pm
Bill, you are so right.   My dad and I were having a conversation the other day about the military, as I wondered how this next generation could survive the discipline of the military.  My dad said, "Boot Camp."  They toughen you up.  They teach respect.  If they didn't do things the way they do, lives would be lost.

I saw a teen in my church go from being just a regular teen to being one of such respect and honor, not because he had accomplished anything great yet, but because he had grown up quickly.  He didn't hate boot camp.  He said that as long as you do what you're told, then you'll get along just fine, and he was prepared to do that.  People who have been in the military are the most mature, honorable, respectable, self-disciplined people I know, and it's in their training.  On the other hand, the crowd who doesn't believe in anything and are very wishy washy are the most arrogant, disrespectful, intolerant people I know.  As it said in the video, if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
Mircea Negres Added Dec 16, 2016 - 3:20am
Nice post, Dawn. In my experience telling the truth and acting according to it often has unpleasant consequences. This is something most people prefer to avoid, a quite natural instinct. However, lying or refusing to face reality can be dangerous, and it is necessary for human society to shift the balance of rewards from evil to good.
Bill Kamps Added Dec 16, 2016 - 7:27am
Dawn, right.  The military doesnt just toughen you  up,  Boot Camp starts out teaching you what you think coming in, doesnt matter, and then gives you a new structure to replace your old ideas with.  Its been working for centuries with armies that know what they are doing.  While some think they just teach people to follow the manual, they do more than that, they  teach problem solving, and teamwork so that when the going gets tough, you can figure out what to do.  All the field training, and war games are just that, problem solving where they manufacture problems, like telling you  your transport just broke, and you have to fix it, or hike out.

I was shocked in the video you provided that the people just couldnt say the words that the host was wrong.  They knew he was wrong, but they thought to say  the  words was just not right, so they tried to be very creative  about what to say.  Its not that they didnt know, they just could say it.  So what will they do when the stakes are higher and its an emergency ?

Its not an accident that Trump has picked some generals for his cabinet. Its not that these guys are ready for war, these guys know how to run complex organizations.  Think about what it takes to move 50K troops some place in the world, and how to keep them supplied for months.  90% of the time the military is engaged in complex problem solving, only some of the time in warfare, and even when in war, most of it is not shooting but problem solving while being rather bored.  Add to that the bureaucracy of the military is similar to that in other parts of government.
Dawn Foss Added Dec 16, 2016 - 8:44am
Mircea, you're right!  I'm wondering if there is more fear behind these progressives than anything else.  Lack of social skills?  Are they afraid to be confrontational because they think it will be unkind, and they don't know how to say it nicely that you're wrong, or they think saying you're wrong is in itself a bad thing?  You can disagree with someone in an agreeable manner, meaning agreeing to disagree, but everyone can give their view points and be treated fairly and with respect.  Then people can think about the points made afterwards.  There is so much hostility that I wonder if people are afraid of being attacked, so they just go along with the nonsense.  While we've had some hostility on this site, the majority of people are able to voice their opinions without making others feel bad.  I think that's the key.  We'll get more honest responses that way.
Dawn Foss Added Dec 16, 2016 - 8:50am
Bill, that's great!  I think we need more critical thinking and problem solving training for these young folks.  They apparently need skills in communicating with others who are clearly making false claims.  They mistake compassion for someone with dementia with feeling like they have to accommodate those who are well but are misguided or plain wrong.  I would never suggest being insensitive to anyone, but you don't have to agree with them.  That would be insensitive to you, if they are manipulating or intimidating you to agree with them!  Finding the clear truth can be challenging, but I would imagine the military comes across sticky situations all the time and must think through it to make the best possible choice.
Bill Kamps Added Dec 16, 2016 - 12:03pm
Dawn, its all the PC relativism that has run amuck.

It is ok to say that someone is mentally challenged, instead of retarded, that is common courtesy.  It is not ok to say a bridge is probably safe, when it is not, or that a delivery will arrive on time, when it wont.

Part of the problem when parents or schools dont tell children they  are wrong, made a mistake, and have to fix it.  We are not being polite when we dont teach people properly, when math answers arent right or wrong, and when we dont keep score in sports because we dont want losers to feel bad.  The danger is then losers think they are winning, and dont get any better.

I watched the video again, and what amazes me, is how uncomfortable the people are trying to figure out what to say. For the more extreme examples they know the truth, but they cant say it, and as the examples get more extreme, they dont know what to do.
Dawn Foss Added Dec 16, 2016 - 6:39pm
You're right.  It's scary that they WON'T say it when it's obvious.  Why won't they?  They have adopted a personal standard or policy in which they won't express what they really think for fear of offending that person.  It's such an extreme!  But I fear more think this way than don't.  So do they expect no one to disagree with what they say or criticize them?  What will they do when they are called out on a lie or something that just isn't true, or something contrary to what someone else thinks?  Will they cry?  Will they get hostile?  How fragile are they?  I want to know more.  Will they say, "OK, if that's what you think" and never get to the facts? I wish someone Trump puts in charge of education can somehow do something to fix this brainwashing.
Dawn Foss Added Dec 17, 2016 - 12:00am
Slade, thank you!  I'll have to look for your inaugural post!

I would disagree with you.  I would tell you why I don't believe what you said is true.  I would not say, "Oh, OK - if that's what you think it must be true."  We would debate head to head, kindly, but we would find the truth.  If you chose not to debate me, then we would agree to disagree.  The whole point is that we are allowed to disagree with each other.  We become fools when we are afraid to offend one another by disagreeing.  Now, it's a whole different thing if we started to swear at each other and got hostile with each other, and even physically assaulted each other over our differences.  There is no place for violence.

Now, as far as how I would feel, I have heard this a thousand times so it would not make me feel bad for someone to say they think there is no God.  The arguments are always the same.  Now, when I first started debating people, it did shake me a bit and even made me a bit angry (because the person was taunting me), but it caused me to do my research and my homework to give a better answer...and a better answer as more questions came my way.  I knew what I believed but could not express why.  The debate was a great exercise, and actually ended up strengthening my faith and led me to becoming a Christian author/singer/songwriter!  Good came of that.
Billy Roper Added Dec 17, 2016 - 9:19am
A Clinton Fan Manufactured Fake News That MSNBC Personalities Spread to Discredit WikiLeaks Docs

Glenn Greenwald - The Intercept
target="_blank" rel="nofollow" shape="rect" name="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481978064214_51044">https://theintercept.com/2016/12/09/a-clinton-fan-manufactured-fake-news-that-msnbc-personalities-spread-to-discredit-wikileaks-docs/

The phrase "Fake News" has exploded in usage since the election, but the term is similar to other malleable political labels such as "terrorism" and "hate speech"; because the phrase lacks any clear definition, it is essentially useless except as an instrument of propaganda and censorship. The most important fact to realize about this new term: Those who most loudly denounce Fake News are typically those most aggressively disseminating it. One of the most egregious examples was the recent Washington Post article hyping a new anonymous group and its disgusting blacklist of supposedly pro-Russia news outlets -- a shameful article mindlessly spread by countless journalists who love to decry Fake News, despite the Post article itself being centrally based on Fake News ... Now we have an even more compelling example.
Bill Kamps Added Dec 18, 2016 - 9:59am
Billy you are correct that the term "fake news" really has no meaning, or no clear meaning just like the term terrorist.  There is a whole range of fake news, everything from just misleading context, to news without checking sources, to sarcasm and satire, to news that was just made up like the Macedonian teenagers who create fake news to get clicks and then money from Google.
Mark Hunter Added Feb 18, 2017 - 3:34am
I've often thought that there are only two kinds of people in this context: the too sensitive and the not sensitive enough. Although the too sensitive seem to be taking over, both can be equally harmful.
Dawn Foss Added Feb 18, 2017 - 10:53am
Mark, you are correct.  We can't wear our heart on our sleeves, as my grandmother used to say.  People do have their right to their opinions, and as HawkHut mentioned, we need to be respectful.  We just can't stop proclaiming truth in an effort to not offend.  Truth by its very nature offends, if you don't like it.  Unfortunately the "snowflake" generation is so afraid of confrontation that they will abandon truth in the streets.  They don't want to hear that there is a right and a wrong, for fear of hurting someone's feelings who is wrong.  And then they don't feel confident that they can know what is right and what is truth, that it's all relative, so why should anyone impose their values onto someone else?  They in that very statement are imposing their values on others, that it's not right to confront others or else you might offend them.  That is a value system.  It's also a value system to say that everyone can do what they want without consequences, and that there is no God who will hold anyone accountable.  They are trying to silence those who believe in God in an attempt to say that their belief that there is no God is greater in value.

What society needs is civil and respectful debate so that we can learn truth, and then once we find it, hold onto it and cherish it.  Truth does exist.  If you say it doesn't, then I have to ask you, is that the truth?  If you say there is no absolute truth, then I have to ask you, is that absolutely true?  Logic demands that there is truth, and this world was created with logic and organization.  We have to use our brains, and use people skills to get along with each other, and to have discussions.  I think fear is keeping this snowflake generation going.  They need to face those fears so they can grow and mature emotionally.

Isaiah 5:20: “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!”
Isaiah 59:14: "And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter."
Proverbs 7:2-3: "Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.  Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart."