The current issue with the President Elect can be solved quite easily, appropriately enough given the President Elect's background, by making a deal.
WHAT IS THE ISSUE WITH TRUMP?
The Intelligence Community ("IC") is being uncharacteristically aggressive in dealing with the issue arising from Trump's apparent ties with Putin's Russia and the apparently untoward influence this may giveMr. Putin over Mr. Trump.
The IC tends to be conservative. They tend not to "buck" what the Executive Branch wants, as seen, for example, with the unwillingness of the IC to seriously challenge the Bush Administration's contention that Baathist Iraq had Weapons of Mass Destruction ("WMDs") in 2003.
In this case, the IC is underscoring these ties in an unclassified document. As it is unclassified, the sources and methods (in essence, the evidence) are omitted. Never the less, the IC has published this, knowing that it puts them into a "war" with the incoming President, the IC's ultimate "consumer."
Some of the "leaked" materials indicate that Trump's businesses are VERY dependent on Russian "investment" and that Trump may have been "honey-trapped." The KGB, the old Soviet Ministry for State Security, in which Russia's Putin served as a case officer, used to have an acronym for the methods used to recruit agents: MISE (Money; Ideology; Sex; and Envy), all of which (with the exclusion of "Ideology') are known to be part of the President Elect's public persona.
The fact that certain information about Trump's financial ties to the Russians and his apparent sexual activity while in Russia has been "leaked" can be assessed to mean there is a fair degree of confidence that the information is credible. The IC, which makes a living weighing risks, is unlikely to pick a fight it can't win.
If this is the case, what can be done?
LET'S MAKE A DEAL!
I suggest the following:
1) Trump and Pence resign prior to the Inauguration next week;
2) Trump and Pence, in consideration of their resignation, will be pardoned for anything they did or may have done in connection with the 2016 Election;
3) At the same time, Mrs. Clinton will be pardoned for anything she did or may have done with regards to the server or the Clinton Family Foundation;
4) Since there is no longer a President Elect, Speaker Ryan will become President by operation of law; and
5) Ryan, in consideration of his becoming President and in order to facilitate civil cohesion, will agree to:
a) replace PPACA if it is repealed;
b) not seek the Presidency in 2020; and
b) may rescind any Obama Administration executive orders or Agreements EXCEPT
1. the Iranian Deal; and
2. the executive orders protecting the "Dreamers" (people brought to the US illegally as children).
.The IC's actions are uncharacteristic, which indicates this is a potentially serious problem. However, if everyone can align their competing self-interests, this matter could have a fairly simple resolution.