Global Warming 101

During the years between 2007 and 2009 the "father of man made global warming theory, or at least a greedy parasite , Al gore made 2 statements.

"There will be no Arctic ice cap by 2013."     AND

"The science is settled".

Since there is still plenty of ice in the Arctic both, logically. have to be lies since each statement contradicts the other.  If you don't believe me try thinking really hard.  Of course Mr. Gore had positioned himself to make a little money off of each carbon credit that went through his exchange and thereby become the richest man in the history of the world.  But he made a movie with cute bears and a bunch of dumb, guilt-ridden Americans were too stupid to understand that they were being manipulated.  I'm glad that the radical left didn't get their way because they wanted to imprison "Climate Deniers".  Yup, that old science is settled so if any data contradicts it and you acknowledge that some people believe that you should have your thoughts silenced by imprisonment.  Tolerant bunch.

But when has science truly been settled?  In the year 1900 (I'm guessing because it is late and I'm not looking it up) the patent office was ready to close because everything that could possibly be discovered had been discovered.

I am close to someone who works as a GS-14 at NOAA.  She/he told me that the sensors have shown a recent 15 year global cooling phase but he/she said that the scientists decided that all of their sensors happened to mal-function at once because the "science" is settled so he watched as they changed the sensor readings to show increasingly rapid global warming.  I knew several months before it happened that they would be caught as they were last week.  On our taxes while seeking justification to raise my taxes based on a scam.  Do I really need a federal bureaucracy faking results in an attempt to transfer western wealth across the planet; especially when I might owe China $500.00 a month of my money because we, as a nation have gone insane?

My son told me that Islands in the Pacific are now 30 feet under-water.  I considered this and told him that if he believes that it was caused by global warming then he is a fool and an idiot.  I told him that the Pacific is actually connected all of the way to Ocean City Maryland and the inner harbor.  I visited both places in 1968 and again throughout the years and as of last sighting the water levels are exactly where they are in 2017 as they were in 1968.  I still remember some of the big rocks in the rip-rap.  I asked him if he could fill the front half of a bath-tub and keep the back half dry?

To a leftist I am  a racist homophobic Islamophobic, nercosexual-hater, Hitler reborn to hate women.  I'm a misogynistic hate-filled, uneducated moron who should be beaten for having some common sense.

Since they can't clearly reason they resort to personal attacks through name calling or even physically. And for more encouragement they feel justified in beating anyone with a Trump hat one.  We have become a nation of poor, discouraged imbeciles - well the liberals at least.

Grab you seat belt because many millions may need to be brought up to speed that they have been lied to about global warming, at least man-made, that the earth is actually cooling and true science is never settled.  Even Einstein could't come up with a theory that pertained to all matter from universes to the sub-atomic there remains no unified field theory that has been entirely proven.

Unless man has become GOD then can we agree to disagree.  I know scientists and engineers who vehemently deny man made global warming.   But I don't depend on their views for what I can clearly observe.  Honestly folks, my younger brother has an IQ of 200.  He is a little strange, but then, who am I to judge.  He scored perfect 800's on both his SAT and his GRE.   My other brother has an IQ of 180 and started college at Johns Hopkins University at age 13 when he completed Algebra I in 24 hours.

I'm not that bright but I'm no dummy.  Both of my brothers have told me that scientists, in this day and age, know a tremendous amount about a very, very specific topic.  My PHD, 200+IQ ?, weird brother told me that he has no more knowledge on global warming than his trash collector.  He knows a hell off a lot about Hydrogen atom's electron collisions and got his post doctorate writing mathematical hieroglyphics which run on super-computers which I will never understand and can't disclose if I could.

And you are telling me hat the science is settled?

Yeah, bring on your whoop-ass.

I'll be quiet and let others defend me for a while.

The truth shall set you free.

Comments

Dino Manalis Added Feb 17, 2017 - 10:00am
Temperatures are gradually rising, but we shouldn't go haywire over it, we need to protect the environment without ruining the economy.  It can be done!
James E. Unekis Added Feb 17, 2017 - 10:09am
OK, I disagree about the warming but I like your reasoning.  I'm not advocating a return to or continuance of corporate greed being put ahead of clean drinking water or dumping toxins into rivers.

But I caution everyone who is claiming that the science is settled.

Dino, you are right.  It can be done because we, as a nation, overcome.

We can at least, I hope, agree on that.

Autumn Cote Added Feb 17, 2017 - 10:16am
Please note, I highly recommend not uploading more than one article within a 48 hour period.  I recommend it because I was just about to promote this article to our email distribution list when I noticed you submitted a second article.  As always, many thanks for your participation with Writer Beat!
Bill H. Added Feb 17, 2017 - 11:02am

If humans are wise and give a crap about the planet they reside on , they will make the most efforts possible to care for it.
This includes attempting to minimize dumping crap into the air and the ocean. We can not continue to ignore the ever-increasing indications that we "just might" be upsetting things a bit, but we continue to live "the convenient life" and minimizing or ignore efforts to keep the planet livable long-term.
I suggest to those who seek only the dollar sign and wish to live the "Life of Riley" that we could make more effort to keep the planet livable along with creating  jobs and wealth at the same time.
What a concept! Not only that, but we could make this effort something that all humans could agree on and remove the idiotic, moronic, brain-dead, and childish notion that "I am a Republican, so therefore I must stand up against all efforts to protect the planet no matter what" or "I am a Democrat, so I must make every effort to save the planet no matter what".
If everyone agreed that fucking up the planet is not a good idea, then we could make some headway (and probably create more jobs in the process).
Mike Haluska Added Feb 17, 2017 - 11:21am
Bill H - hardly anyone disagrees that we shouldn't pollute our Earth.  There is a very strong disagreement that a substance that is fundamental to existence of life on our planet (CO2) is causing any harm, and even stronger disagreement that the miniscule contribution of CO2 generated by human activity has any significant impact at all.

I agree with you that we should not be dumping toxic anything into our air, fresh water, soil or oceans.
Bill H. Added Feb 17, 2017 - 11:34am

Yes Mike, there is disagreement, but shouldn't we at least make some efforts to keep the "Carbon Balance" intact?
It would be nice to be able to fish in waters that are not becoming acidic.
James E. Unekis Added Feb 17, 2017 - 11:35am
Bill, I agree with you.  Greed should never come before human considerations and, unfortunately, many conservatives worship money and use both people, they claim to be made in the image of GOD, and the beautiful earth that I (just me) believe that a loving GOD gave us stewardship over.

I'd rather go socialist than let conservative greed pollute our lovely planet whether I or you believe in GOD or not we have reached common ground.

All I am asking is that people consider that climate change science is new, and like any other truly scientific endeavor, the science is never settled and when it comes with threats of enforcement to adhere to a belief when I've witnessed false claims is too suspicious to trust.

But we can agree that neither you nor I wish the earth to be abused.

Can we proceed from a point of understanding?
James E. Unekis Added Feb 17, 2017 - 11:41am
Autumn,

Thanks for the notification.  I've written a few articles and have been engaging in other people's posts but I seem to get weekly reminders from you that I am not participating, but when I do I get notified that I am writing too much.  Regardless, you don't seem inclined to ever have an article of mine promoted to your distribution list.

Can you please provide further clarification?
Autumn Cote Added Feb 17, 2017 - 12:04pm
James,
My email database only let’s me know the last time someone logged in, it doesn’t let me know the last time someone did something on the site.  So your address gets lumped in with a bunch of accounts that have been dormant and that’s why you see weekly reminders from me.

As it relates to my comment in this thread, I want to feature your work because you’re an ideal participant of this site.  But all I ask is that people follow my guidelines and by posting two articles back-to-back, you violated a golden rule of mine.
Mike Haluska Added Feb 17, 2017 - 12:05pm
Bill H - there is no such thing as a "Carbon Balance" and "acid rain" is a result of sulphur in dirty coal combustion - not CO2.  Dirty coal hasn't been burned since the 1990's.
James E. Unekis Added Feb 17, 2017 - 12:46pm
Autumn,

Thanks for the clarification.

Mike, good points.  99.8% of our CO2 is generated by the oceans.  The alarmists want my money.  WHY IS THAT UNIVERSAL TO ALL LIBERAL BELIEFS?
Joe Chiang Added Feb 17, 2017 - 2:01pm
I do not believe in "Global Warming" as the climate people refer to it as.  First, the claim was we were heading for a modern ice age and we needed to turn over all carbon control to them so they could increase the ozone and warm the planet.  Then the temperatures went up.  So they changed the warning to global warming and that was why we had to turn over all carbon control to them so they could reduce the ozone.  This has NEVER been about protecting the planet, but about an excuse to control world energy.
I developed my energy "water-mill/windmill" for these two reasons.  One was to lower pollution because this is our home and we need to keep it clean.  The second reason is so each person can have their own personal renewable energy generator and the butt heads who want to control energy can't touch them.
J. Riddle Added Feb 17, 2017 - 2:20pm
Your effort to somehow challenge the overwhelming consensus of scientists on this point--something you, yourself, admit you have zero qualifications to do--fails in your first sentence. Al Gore isn't "the father of man made global warming theory"--he, in fact, isn't a scientist at all--and no, he never said "there will be no Arctic ice cap by 2013"--that's a fake "quote," apparently misrepresenting something he said in a speech in which he was describing various possible scenarios that have been suggested.
Mike Haluska Added Feb 17, 2017 - 2:36pm
J Riddle - "Consensus" is NOT science.  Never has been, never will be.
J. Riddle Added Feb 17, 2017 - 3:40pm
Neither is bullshitting on the internet carried out by those with no real knowledge of or training in the subject. Nor does that bullshitting trump the people who actually know what they're talking about.
Mark Klaers Added Feb 17, 2017 - 3:57pm
The time is 3:35pm EST...Robert Wendall watch has begun. That is all.
Mike Haluska Added Feb 17, 2017 - 4:57pm
J. Riddle -

let's sort this one out.

On the other side we have a Registered Professional Engineer with over 30 years of practical experience, graduate of Purdue University School of Civil Engineering, experienced in the application of Scientific Method and well read and informed on all things scientific.

Maybe if we conduct a "survey" we can find out who the Writer Beat authors believe has more credibility and knowledge and come to a "CONSENSUS"???
J. Riddle Added Feb 17, 2017 - 5:06pm
"One one side we have a wanna-be 'film maker' with absolutely no education, experience or scientific background."

Actually, we have the near-entirety of the relevant scientific field on that hand. Gore, whose "wanna-be" film won the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature, merely reported what they were saying.

"On the other side we have a Registered Professional Engineer with over 30 years of practical experience, graduate of Purdue University School of Civil Engineering"

Don't know who that would be--the educated mouse in your pocket, perhaps?--but if it needs to be pointed out, engineering is not a field that deals with climate change.
Joe Chiang Added Feb 17, 2017 - 5:22pm
@ J.  Riddel.  I have yet to see who compiled this list of "scientists" who concur.  There is NO ONE willing to put their name to this collection of names.  There is, I believe, an impressive list of scientists who claim global warming a farce.
This is old news, but there were a series of emails found where these global warming scientists were caught coordinating their lies to fool the public into believing there was global warming.  This does not guarantee there is not global warming but does discredit those who make this claim.
I am not a climate scientist, but I am a history teacher and math teacher.  The history is that global warming is a joke and the math backs up that conclusion.  The global warming "scientists", like Al Gore, have nothing in real statistical data to back up their claim.  In fact, I believe it was not long ago that the average temp was released and it has gone down again.  It has gone down for several years in a row.  That is why the "scare" was changed from global warming to climate change.
Mike Haluska Added Feb 17, 2017 - 5:22pm
Oh - I didn't know winning an Academy Award from a bunch of guys whose highest academic achievement is certificate from "The Actor's Studio" conveyed any scientific legitimacy.  And your display of ignorance about what the field of engineering deals with explains why you don't even realize how badly you are embarrassing yourself among anyone who has an education and experience in the hard sciences.

Why don't you just go grab a big piece of Styrofoam, run down to the Zoo, rent a Polar Bear and film the bear floating in Long Beach Harbor on the Styrofoam "iceberg" your special effects crew designed?  Because that's as close to real science as you and Al Gore will ever get!  Oh - I almost forgot!  You better call PETA first to make sure they sign off that "no animals were hurt during filming"!!!  And check to see if the Polar Bear needs a SAG card before you start filming.
Doug Plumb Added Feb 17, 2017 - 7:02pm
I am for "saving the planet" but you don't do it with lies and AGW is a great big fat lie. Those that do not know this do not know because they will not listen to the unfiltered words of real climate scientists. Instead they read the IPCC report and those who write about the IPCC report. When you look at their scientists, here is what happens: http://dougplumb.blogspot.ca/2014/09/50-climate-scientists.html

Doug Plumb Added Feb 17, 2017 - 7:05pm
When you look at the scientists on our side you get clear falsifiable statements and a guarentee that that scientist agrees with the statement via signed letter. www.petitionproject.org instead of just endless BS.
  No one educated in the sciences can actually believe AGW and engineers can see it too. There is plenty to laugh about for everyone. For me it was the paper using linear system theory and lumped parameter models to describe a distributed system that was "far from linear".
James E. Unekis Added Feb 17, 2017 - 8:21pm
J. Riddle, what a puzzle, what an enigma.  A big tough and ugly guy hiding behind glasses.  What are you hiding?  What list of scientisits?

Does it include those who were fired for finding different results little scared tough man?

Have you even dared read clear, articulate scientific dissent?

I didn't think so.

You are a punk of a man masquerading as some dick headed biker wanna be who can't reason nor write.  Really Mike alone has destroyed your arguments over and over and over.

Why don't you get on your tricycle and peddle over to the playground where you can debate with people of your own intellect?

Really, you are embarrassing yourself here.
Jeff Jackson Added Feb 17, 2017 - 11:06pm
Ask yourselves this: If the world were getting colder, do you really think we could do anything about it?
Leroy Added Feb 17, 2017 - 11:34pm
"One one side we have a wanna-be "film maker" with absolutely no education, experience or scientific background."

Whoaaaa...You're being a little hard on Gore.  After all, he did invent the internet.
Leroy Added Feb 17, 2017 - 11:37pm
If the science behind AGW were real, there would be no need to fake the data.  NOAA just got caught faking data, Climategate 2.0.  EAU was the first to get caught.
Doug Plumb Added Feb 18, 2017 - 3:59am
It's all explained in The Report From Iron Mountain.
Mark Hunter Added Feb 18, 2017 - 4:20am
The global warming pushers made two major mistakes: They allowed Al Gore to become their unofficial spokesman, which automatically politicized the issue far beyond what it already had been; and they didn't challenge the anti-science phrase, "The science is settled". Now they've become bullies, shouting down and threatening anyone who doesn't agree with them--how can they be surprised when there's push back?
Kaushik Venkatasubramaniyan Added Feb 18, 2017 - 9:21am
Methane is a deadlier gas/substance and that's what cattle emit. How many cattle are there in the world now?
Micahel Dolan Added Feb 18, 2017 - 10:39am
Panic, fear, doom, and gloom-----that's what the enviromental movement is about. When the Ozone-hole theory is discarded, the environmentalist  will come up with some "new-crisis"-cellular phones cause brain cancer,power lines cause Leukemia, irradiation of food will nuke us. In ten years all important animal life in the sea will be extinct. In ten years city dwellers will need gas masks to breathe.
In Ten years large areas of coastline will have to be evacuated because of the stench of dead fish-{sounds like something from the Godfather Vito.}
These horrible things that were destined to happen were written on Earth Day in 1970!!!-Ah, today is 2/18/2017#Chill Warmers.
The real need for Climate Change leaders----$$$$$$-Al Gore$$$$
Joe Chiang Added Feb 18, 2017 - 12:56pm
North Dakota just passed, as I have heard, a moratorium on wind energy development.
May as well pass a law banning the development of a better mouse trap.
KV, One problem with wind energy is when there is no wind, there is no energy.  My invention, when applied to wind, uses methane to keep the windmill operational when there is little or no wind.  Thus I call it a "No Wind Windmill".  But water flows constantly 24/7 at the bottom of rivers and can be harnessed with just my "Stacked Blades".
The liberals do not want renewable energy.  They want to control energy production, as I said earlier.
Douglas Proudfoot Added Feb 20, 2017 - 6:34pm
Humanity is burning increasing amounts of fossil fuels every year, increasing the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere.  It turns out that increased concentrations of CO2 are good for plant growth and crop yields.  This is because photosynthesis absorbs CO2, uses the carbon to make plant mass and gives off O2 (oxigen) as a by product.  The more CO2 in the air, the easier it is to do this.  Also, while plants are absorbing CO2, they "have the windows open" and are losing water to evaporation.  The more CO2, the less water loss there is.

Douglas Proudfoot Added Feb 20, 2017 - 6:39pm
Mr. Riddle:  Here's a list of notable scientists who don't agree with the "settled science" of global warming.
Bill H. Added Feb 21, 2017 - 12:00am

Joe-
I think you got it backwards-
Big Oil does not want renewable energy, and will invest billions to make sure if doesn't happen (or happens as slow as possible).
Ironically, Big Oil also spends millions and millions donating to mostly "Conservative" candidates and causes, so it is actually the "Conservatives" who want to control energy production.

Joe Chiang Added Feb 21, 2017 - 9:06am
@Bill.  My biggest concern has been big oil buying my invention, then shelving it.  It has the capability of providing energy to all the areas of the world where it is not reasonable to provide energy now.  In developed nations, that could include off grid housing such as remote cabins

Recent Articles by Writers James E. Unekis follows.