The lying media

Hello all, I missed many of you, and even she whose name must not be uttered, just a tad:).

As usual, our lying media is lying up a storm, and they are pitching a temper tantrum because Trump won't answer their foolish and lying questions.  He had a news conference today and only picked Katie Pavlich from Town Hall, and CBN (Christian Broadcasting Network).  Jim Acosta, the spoiled brat at the Communist News Network, discovered this as evidence that "the fix is in".  No Jim, the only fix you need to bother about is fixing your vision which leads you to hysterically incorrect conclusions.

What to think about Mike Flynn?  It's total  nonsense, what the media is alleging.

First off, we have not gotten over the huge Democrat lies about Russia interfering in our election.  To this day, we have not one piece of evidence to prove this. All we have is Democrat assurances that the intelligence community, which is full of Democrat bureaucrats, assures them it is so.  LOL, and millions of suckers buy it!

So, Mike Flynn gets on the phone, and calls up the Soviet Ambassador, probably to reassure him, following Obama and NATO massing weapons and troops on Putin's border, and the U.S. expelling Russian diplomats, and some busybody in the intelligence community gets wind of this.  Never mind it's a crime to spy on a private U.S.citizen, which Mike Flynn is, they still did it.  And what did they find?  Absolutely nothing, just surmising that Flynn talked to Russia illegally. When Flynn did not discuss the details of his call with Trump and his team and there were conflicting reports, then heads had to roll, and it had to be Flynn's.  Much ado about nothing.  To hear Nancy Poutloser get up there along with John Cummingtolietoyousoon and both of them go on about illegal activities is absolutely nauseating when those two scoundrels covered for Hillary's e-mails, Obamacare, Lois Lerner's email's, and Benghazi.  Those two both belong in jail.  Of course, they then cite a fake Flynn twitter account and start going on about how Flynn believes in scapegoats.  Pelosi goes on to lecture us on what a scapegoat is, which is exactly what Flynn is, though he never says it, following Cummings misguided lead.  Of course, Nancy is still discovering that Bush is not President anymore, and Maxine is still figuring out exactly how many troops Putin has marching all over Korea at the moment.  Obama is still learning we don't actually have 57 states, and Hank Johnson is still getting a handle on the fact that Guam doesn't actually tip over if more U.S. soldiers are stationed there.  LOL.  This stuff is amazing!

But the Democrat buffoonery and lying go hand in hand.  They are dunces and they are corrupt, and no one should trust any of them.

If you are getting fake news, you need to pay attention to the only real sources for news, conservative sources.  There are no two sides to the news.  There is only truth and lies.  Conservatives know their history and it's lessons, and Democrats either don't know history, or if they do know it, they are clueless about the lessons they teach.

If you aren't reading Drudge Report, Breitbart, WND, TownHall, National Review, American Thinker, and the Federalist daily, then you are quite likely misguided. Those who know their Bibles have a chance at being able to decipher falsehood, but many who do know the Bible are led astray by pastors, who haven't any idea where they are going and pastor biblically ignorant churches.

Anyhow, time to wake up,

Ciao!

Comments

Billy Roper Added Feb 15, 2017 - 8:52pm
Hi, Ryan, welcome back!
EXPAT Added Feb 15, 2017 - 9:06pm
HAHAHA. Every time you get kicked off Facebook or LinkedIn, you come back to the lowest common denominator, WB.
Well you came back with a vengeance!
I can't disagree with you because the social media has become an Asylum Snake Pit .
The media has become the Liars Club.
The Democrats have become the Weather Underground.
And America has become the laughing Stock of the I told you so world!

If you read some of the articles posted lately you will find raging paranoia. (Except for me of course!)
Nice to have you back with your unending devotion to expose the delusional on this site. Unfortunately, this site has become the home of the delusional, so you are just another Pile of Pixels farting out his mouth.

But this is not an insult. I do enjoy your bantering with the Don Quixote's here'.  I'm just having trouble deciding which of these mixed nuts in the WB bowl, to crack open.

Your Biblical devotion, seems to have mellowed a bit. Is this because so many Christians have joined in the delusion?

WB used to be my window on America. Now it is an Asylum window.
I don't mind pissing everybody off. I have accepted that none of this is real and it is like when two Monkey tribes want the same fruit tree. A whole lot of noise and posturing, but very little actual confrontation.
Welcome back!
EXPAT Added Feb 15, 2017 - 9:48pm
Well, I came a long way to be here today
And I left you so long on this avenue.
And here I stand in the strangest land
Not knowing what to say or do.
As I gaze around at these strangers in town
I guess the only stranger is me.
And I wonder, yes, I wonder,
Is this the way life's meant to be?
Electric Light Orchestra, "The Way Life's Meant to be".
Bill H. Added Feb 16, 2017 - 1:38am

We knew you would be back!
Enjoy your Orange Buffon while you can.
At the rate he is going, he won't last long in office.
Neelon Crawford Added Feb 16, 2017 - 1:39am
Ryan - There is a difference between news you disagree with and fake news.  By all means, if you think a news outlet is doing a poor job of reporting the news you have nobody but yourself to blame for watching/reading/listening.  Fake news is as ridiculous a concept as real news.  News is what you want it to be.  Think Benghazi is an important story deserving of front page coverage, there is station for you to watch.  Think Russia altered the election, there is a station for you.    So stating the only “real” news sources are conservative leaning is ridiculous.  I say this as a huge Breitbart News fan.

Expat –Don’t you realize that by being a regular participant of this site you’re more insane than the rest of us?  My apologies, thinking none of this is real, is a clear sign of insanity...please seek professional help.
EXPAT Added Feb 16, 2017 - 5:54am
Well Dr. Crawford. I would suggest you see an optometrist as you missed my satirical statement:

EXPAT Added Feb 16, 2017 - 5:54am

EXPAT Added Feb 16, 2017 - 5:54am

EXPAT Added Feb 16, 2017 - 5:55am
Or should it be a psychologist, as you can only comprehend what fits your delusion?

I don't get your reasoning:
This is typical psychosis. The Doctor is crazier than the patients because he chose to associate with crazy people. Well OK. Perhaps I am crazy for giving a shit what happens to America, but I do have a sentimental attachment.

Your statements to Ryan are even more interesting:
Boy. That's a real head twister. You are to blame for seeking the truth in a delusional world, where reality and delusion are the same?
I think I have found the typical Democrat of today!
EXPAT Added Feb 16, 2017 - 6:13am
Wow Neelon and Bill H.
I think your Schizophrenia has infected  this website! Every time I write a comment using WB format, and copy/paste/bold, everything after the C/P is deleted. Now I can't even access my account to delete the multiple defective posts.
Its too bad there isn't an option to delete defective comments.
MJ Added Feb 16, 2017 - 7:42am
Ryan, welcome home!
Steve Bergeron Added Feb 16, 2017 - 8:22am
Hey, Ryan!  Welcome back, buddy!  Hope you enjoyed your vacation.  Now get to work!  LOL (Just kidding....kinda...)
James E. Unekis Added Feb 16, 2017 - 8:34am
Welcome back Ryan!

Don't let failed losers like expat and Bill H. spew their hatred on you as you tell the truth.

They are fading as Trump actually begins to do the job that he was elected to do and is not afraid of liberals that are unable to grasp this reality.

Expat, sorry that you can't figure out how to work your computer. Maybe try a remedial class at the local community college.

Thomas Sutrina Added Feb 16, 2017 - 8:59am
We shall see if Trump goes after the swamp piranha that leaked or any of the piranhas with the justice department.  We already have the approval of the Democratic leaders that say we need a special council and Sessions as part of Trump's team can not be fair.  So show me ONCE the Obama and those same leaders were concerned in the last 8 years?   Yes, flip there word to know what we should do.
Dino Manalis Added Feb 16, 2017 - 9:14am
The media very often twists the facts, it's supposed to be analysis, but they usually don't have the time for in-depth analysis, so they resort to talking points they feel most comfortable with.
Dawn Foss Added Feb 16, 2017 - 11:12am
Hi Ryan!  Welcome back!  I haven't had much time to write lately, but happened to poke my head back in, and there you were!  Yes, there is something endearing about this site (by that, I mean the people), even when we disagree.  It keeps drawing me back, too!

Anyway, it is starting to be very disturbing as I see our culture revealing its ugly head.  I think there has been a lot of deception and destruction in integrity and honesty for a long time, but recent events are showing us the depravity like never before.  Especially disturbing is the next generation, as evidenced by behaviors seen in high schoolers and college students.  College students in large, prestigious universities are paying a lot of money, but unfortunately the education is including an agenda that is blinding them to common sense and truth when it comes to daily living.  Maybe they are getting a great education on how to work computers and learn skills in various career paths, but the liberal arts courses they are taking seem to be quite dangerous.  Just my observations; take it for what it's worth!

Janie Smith Added Feb 16, 2017 - 11:20am
So nice to see you back, Ryan! :-)
James E. Unekis Added Feb 16, 2017 - 11:29am
Dawn,
Your observations are spot-on and represent the majority of Americans.

Keep speaking the truth because you are sane and we welcome your comments.

Dawn Foss Added Feb 16, 2017 - 11:31am
Thanks, James!!! :D
Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Feb 16, 2017 - 11:52am
Oh no.

Ryan LOL

Bill Kamps Added Feb 16, 2017 - 12:08pm
The  media has always lied.  However, these days the media isnt  very happy because they can no longer control the narrative like they could before the internet.  In the 1950s and 60s they could control the information we saw, because they were the only real source of information, so they told us what they wanted us to know and no  on contradicted them without being accused of wearing tin foil hats.

Now the media cant control the information any more.  We have lots of sources, so the media is not very happy and they have to take a more aggressive stand to push their point of view.
Dawn Foss Added Feb 16, 2017 - 12:16pm
Bill, my first reaction is that it makes me very happy that they can no longer control the narrative, and that indeed is a good thing.  The bad thing is the disunity and feeling of distrust we now have.  We thought we could trust the news, even though we had suspicions...now we know we can't.  So who to trust?  I think it's good to hear both sides and draw our own conclusions.  I prefer Fox News because of that; they always have people from the other side on, and while shows like The O'Reilly Factor come from the perspective of conservativism (which I am), he still gives the other side a chance to give their perspective so we can either feel even better about what we think, or we may say, "Hmmm...good point!"  It's important to have balance on perspectives if we want to find truth, and we have to use discretion.  The other side of any argument often has good points to consider, even if you disagree with their conclusions; it can help you in your conclusion.
wsucram15 Added Feb 16, 2017 - 12:43pm
LOL...Ryan.  I was wondering where the real banter went.   I cannot disagree about the narrow lens of the media. I wish I could because I dont like Trump or the narrative provided by him. But I know you differ and thats ok.
I  just have a question, why does the media lie when it concerns Trump, but not lets say the riots I have spoken about?  (two of which I saw and were waaayyy overblown)
The press is supposed to report the news, not in a biased way. Once it is biased, it is no longer news..its a pov.
Bill H. Added Feb 16, 2017 - 1:04pm
Here is a relevant cut from a post I made on another article:
Trump has been planning to create his own news outlet even prior to the election and very recently has been making some moves to control the Voice of America after Congress moved to eliminate the board of directors that had served as an integrity check on the organization, instead consolidating power with a CEO position appointed by the president according to an article in Politico and some buzz in a couple communications industry email blurbs.
I believe that based on recent moves, he will quickly increase his efforts to provide his own news outlet and limit other news sources to only those that will carry the news as he sees fit. This will limit information from investigative sources and eliminate the checks and balances that we have had throughout history.
Trump's objective is to dictate what we hear and how we hear it. There is "real truth" and Trump truth. This man is unable to accept criticism from anyone and advice from his advisors. He has created a "Yes Sir" cabinet, and wants to create a "Yes Sir" society.
wsucram15 Added Feb 16, 2017 - 1:12pm
BIllH...he doesnt need to do that anymore.  He has his own radio station paid for by us! Yeah since WWII.  But now it hits 236.6 million people worldwide.  They fired the independent non-partisan council that was in charge of this station and put in two young men from alt -right pod casts and fervent Trump supporters.   Everyone needs to keep up...Radio America
Janie Smith Added Feb 16, 2017 - 1:46pm
It was never a secret that this would be an interesting ride...
Mike Haluska Added Feb 16, 2017 - 2:29pm
Yeah Bill - the new "Voice of America" could be transformed into an international version of that completely unbiased, subsidized radio network of the Democratic Party - NPR!  Can you blame Trump for wanting a legit news outlet?  There is NO DOUBT anymore that the Mainstream Media is the "PRAVDA" of the Democratic Party - they freely admit it!

Bill has NO PROBLEM with EVERY (except FOX News) TV NETWORK, CABLE TV, RADIO NETWORK, NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINE, TV SHOW, HOLLYWOOD ALL BEING IN THE TANK FOR THE DEMOCRATS!!!

What part of HYPOCRITE don't you understand, Bill????

Ryan Messano Added Feb 16, 2017 - 2:30pm
Bill is a slave of his own corruption.  Until he cleans up his personal life, he won't be able to see straight.  Very sad.
Mike Haluska Added Feb 16, 2017 - 2:33pm
Bill H - your attitude toward political news coverage reminds me of my former Golden Retriever.  He must have had a dozen toys to play with but God forbid my sister's dog wanted ONE TOY to play with!  My dog would collect all the toys, put them in his bed and guard them.

Ryan Messano Added Feb 16, 2017 - 2:36pm
Thank you Billy!!  And Expat!  Bill, the Democrat party is going to be dead, only those of you who are spiritually dead don't recognize it.  Neelon, glad you read Breitbart, the more you read it, the more you are going to realize, history has absolute truths, and there are not two sides to every story.

Thank you MJ, and Steve!  LOL, and thank you James!  Amen Thomas!  So True Dino!  Yes, Dawn, it is very disturbing.  The media and schools are brainwashing everyone!  Thank you Janie!  Stone, welcome!  WSU, you need to learn about the right news sources, or the right habits. Until you have the latter, you will never know or be able to understand the former.
Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Feb 16, 2017 - 2:47pm
Just watched the press conference of Trump on Youtube. I mean, he's ok the way he communicates - I'm not talking whether what he says is wrong or fight - can't judge it - but there's got an open and personal touch about his way.

And that's maybe what he could be like - an very good actor or a honest guy.

I leave it to you who's there to judge....
Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Feb 16, 2017 - 2:49pm
My oh my.......I'm sober and I have so many typos. Must be the influence of that press conference ;-)
Ryan Messano Added Feb 16, 2017 - 2:49pm
He ripped the media, and they deserve worse!!

Only ignorant people get fooled though, but America is full of ignorant people.
Bill H. Added Feb 16, 2017 - 2:51pm

Fair, complete, and unbiased news is the only answer.
Of course if it is not biased to Mike's or Ryan's liking, it would be "News from the Far Left", or "Fake News".
Both of you are brainwashed servants of the Authoritarian regime.
Continue the ranting!
Ryan Messano Added Feb 16, 2017 - 2:53pm
You have to take the 4X4 out of your eyes to see the truth, Bill.  Until then, you will remain blind.
Ryan Messano Added Feb 16, 2017 - 2:54pm
Until you have the right sexual morals and stop using mind altering drugs, you will continue to be beat like a drum by the liberal media.  Only those who are enslaved to themselves can be enslaved by the Democrat plantation masters.
wsucram15 Added Feb 16, 2017 - 2:54pm
Ryan are you saying Trump does not have charge of his own radio station? Seriously? Look it up you like to read and write, it saved you from boredom.   Thats not news..its a fact and this is Jeanne.
Ryan Messano Added Feb 16, 2017 - 2:57pm
I don't pay attention to it, but if it is a way to silence the CNN's of the world, it's a good thing.  Oh, hello:).

Where'd your sidekick Marilyn go?
George N Romey Added Feb 16, 2017 - 3:02pm
Ryan yes the media lies and as Bill Kamp has indicated they have lied for years albeit now they lie to foster one party.  Trump needs to get out of ahead of this.  His administration looks like its falling apart.  Some of this initial support was suspect at best.  He will quickly lose people then all hell is going to break out in this country.
Ryan Messano Added Feb 16, 2017 - 3:04pm
He's hitting back, but if us Americans don't turn off the lying media and refuse to listen to them, and start seriously studying history, we are doomed.
George N Romey Added Feb 16, 2017 - 3:38pm
Ryan he has had to replace 2 cabinet members already.  His original pick for BOL has essentially said robots are better than humans.  The BOL needs to start figuring out how to keep a population fully employed as technology is replacing human beings.  He has got caught up in some other ridiculous stuff. He needs to ignore the media, get his cabinet together and concentrate on jobs and the economy.
Doug Plumb Added Feb 16, 2017 - 6:19pm
Robert re "Since FB  and Mark Zuckerberg have just banned me for 7 days for daring to show a picture (posted a photo of a Muslim sawing off the head of an unfortunate soul, just as dear old Muhhammat did 1,400 years ago, and commanded his followers to do in the Queeran)  of what would happen to dear old Markie if an Islamist got a hold of him, I decided to stop by and say hello."
  I offer you a heartfelt and warm congratulations for that. Be proud of pushing the boundaries, I would. You must have been over a target for them to shoot you down like that.
Doug Plumb Added Feb 16, 2017 - 6:21pm
Expat re "Every time you get kicked off Facebook or LinkedIn, you come back to the lowest common denominator, WB."

You are an asshole sometimes.
Jeff Michka Added Feb 16, 2017 - 6:23pm
wscram15 writes: He has his own radio station paid for by us! Yeah since WWII.  But now it hits 236.6 million people worldwide.  They fired the independent non-partisan council that was in charge of this station and put in two young men from alt -right pod casts and fervent Trump supporters.   Everyone needs to keep up...Radio America  - Do you mean Voice of America (VOA)? Or? IF other, call letters, please.
Doug Plumb Added Feb 16, 2017 - 6:27pm
Ryan, What do you think of Catherine Austin Fitts ? She is my favorite commentator on US politics. I also like Paul Craig Roberts. (the colonel And the ex politician/economist).

Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Feb 16, 2017 - 6:33pm
Paul Craig Roberts.

Even I know him. He's cool.
Janie Smith Added Feb 16, 2017 - 7:03pm
It would be nice if news reporters could report unbiased, I think that was how it used to be...not so much anymore.  I like to make up my own mind about something from the facts presented.  There is a place for opinionated commentary, but these days everyone is just trying to force their own opinion down everyone elses throat.
Ryan Messano Added Feb 16, 2017 - 7:12pm
Well George, Obama's entire cabinet was corrupt and should have been impeached completely.  So, Trump's replacing his cabinet picks show's he is honest. Flynn shouldn't have even been replaced, but to shut up the crybaby Democrats, he was.  Robots are never a threat to humans.  Those of us who sit around and think and research will always have jobs, but those who pursue leisure and ease, will always be worried about being replaced.  LOL, Thank you Doug, Zuckerberg is an incorrigible ignoramus, who shouldn't be trusted with $500, never mind the billions he has.  I've never heard of the two Doug, will look them up.

Amen, Janie.

However, these days there is news that has morals and historical perspective, and the liberals, who don't. The liberals try to do the right thing, but they are living the wrong lives, and so can never solve the problems they set out to solve.  They make them worse every time.
George N Romey Added Feb 16, 2017 - 8:07pm
Ryan he should ignore the media.  Go to Americans through YouTube and snub CNN, Fox, the networks and MSNBC.  The guy needs to stop playing the PR game.  This is not a reality tv show.  As of yet he has done nothing with infrastructure, something that got him elected in those 5 rustbelt states.

And Fitts and Dr Paul Craig Roberts are the best. Trump SHOULD HAVE put both in his cabinet, not the tools from GS.
Stephen Hunter Added Feb 16, 2017 - 8:10pm
Ryan Mess where have you been?
Ryan Messano Added Feb 16, 2017 - 9:22pm
Amen, George, and he is.  He is having a rally in FL on Saturday, and he's going to start having town halls as well.

He started going to TownHall and others with questions.  He should keep doing it.  Those tv networks are pretty clueless, and they need to stew in their ignorance and stupidity.

Thank you Stephen, I was out discovering that not all people who are your age are as childish as you.
Dawn Foss Added Feb 16, 2017 - 10:29pm
Just like Princess Diana was the Princess of the people in England, I believe Trump is the president of the people.  He makes us feel like we are connected to him.  He keeps us in the loop via social media, and I like that!  He goes for interviews with Bill O'Reilly, and Bill asks him good questions.  He can't reveal everything, such as details on how he's going to destroy our enemies (because then our enemies would know), and I respect that.  He's not perfect, but he's a hard worker and will hopefully get cooperation in the Congress so he can  have a chance to bring this ship back around onto the right course.
Ryan Messano Added Feb 16, 2017 - 10:39pm
Yes he is, Dawn. The media doesn't understand they can't see straight, and neither can tens of millions of American's. They think the fact that they are all similarly blind and broken is a good thing and proof they are right and Trump is wrong.
Dawn Foss Added Feb 16, 2017 - 11:10pm
I was touched when I heard a testimony on the Christian radio station of a woman and her daughter who went to the March for Life in Washington D.C. recently.  Erik Metaxis was there, and led the millions of attendees in prayer for Madonna and those who were at the "abortion march."  He pointed out that when we talk about the sanctity of life, it's not just newborns and the unborn that we are talking about, but God values ALL life, all souls, including those who disagree with us and protest against what is right. Madonna and the crew there were blinded, and if we don't pray for them, who will?  In this woman's testimony, it suddenly got silent as everyone bowed their heads and prayed.  If you're not sure which side is the right one, I'd go with the ones who pray for their enemies.
Ryan Messano Added Feb 16, 2017 - 11:26pm
:), Yes, very true.

Maybe I don't pray for my enemies enough.  I just think it's crazy how they stand up for what is right and are completely wrong.  The woman's march was a disgrace.

Also, I think God's mind needs to be consulted. Christ said to pray for our enemies, but he also called for royal rebukes of deliberate wickedness.

If Christ rebuked the Pharisees, he would have rebuked the woman's march, he would rebuke every last Democrat, and he would rebuke Islam the worst.  We are called to have the mind of Christ.  Why did Christ rebuke evil?  Because he hated it, and he understood that it posed the greatest threat to any man.  For none of us is harmed by others evils half as much as our own sins harm us.

The Founders in 1776 would have a fit if they see how Christians are meekly kowtowing to the wickedness that is permeating our land.

They criminalized the wickedness we allow, and they would have been indignant if anyone had asked for us to support Islam, homosexuality or abortion.

They would have royally called out wickedness.  Look how they responded to Thomas Paine.

We are to abhor evil, and to cleave to that which is good.
Dawn Foss Added Feb 16, 2017 - 11:41pm
I totally agree with you, Ryan, that we must stand against evil, and actively fight it and rebuke it.  I was just glad of that reminder that it is the evil that is our enemy, and that God loves the human soul.  They are precious to Him.  It can get easy for us to hate the sinner along with the sin, when we should love the sinner and hate the sin.  Part of showing that love is like you said, to point out the error of their way and call sin what it is.  But remember that we must speak the truth in love, or else no one will hear it. They will just see the anger and the disgust, and reciprocate it back.  Repentance doesn't usually come after a slap in the face, although rarely it will, saving some "so as by fire."  But most medicine is better swallowed with syrup than bitterness!  :)

Interestingly, "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" by Jonathan Edwards has long been upheld as a wonderful, stirring sermon.  But my daughter had to do a report on it, and after reading it, and after she showed me some things about it, it painted God as a hater more than the God who loved the world and gave Himself for it.  It argued that God is so angry at everyone that He is ready to drop them into the fire, but while He does hate sin and evil, as we see clearly in the Old Testament, He is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.  It's balance, but again, we won't reach homosexuals with Leviticus signs, but rather reaching out to them, befriending them enough to hear their hearts and their cries, and to have compassion on their souls, bringing them to Christ like we would anyone else.  Yes, rebuke abortion; I believe it is murder of an innocent life.  But I would not want to yell and scream at a woman who has had an abortion.  If she is yelling and screaming at me, I will take my stand, but not resort to the same uncivilized behavior.  Better to work to change hearts and laws, and promote better education.

Sorry - off topic a bit, but it just came to me, and I wanted to share those thoughts.
Ryan Messano Added Feb 17, 2017 - 12:00am
No problem, and also, I'm not about the aggressive in your face rebukes at all.  The truth can be spoken powerfully in public.

I'm not a big fan of calling people out in public to their faces, as it rarely yields results. But if they want to do things in public, then they deserve to be rebuked publicly too.

God does love the human soul, and his love extends to warn and chastise them, as he says in Hebrews 12.  He only chastises those whom he loves.  Just as a loving parent will spank their child to inculcate righteous values in them, with moderation, so too, will a righteous christian chastise erring brethren.  God's chastisement is a whole lot worse than the most severe words we can say, so when we use severity and firmness in rebuking sin, they have nothing to complain about, for it were up to God, and they were dealing with his wrath, it would be far worse for them.

Jonathan Edwards, "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" was quite powerful.  It actually portrayed God as he was against Israel when they erred.  Yes, he loved them too, but he was very severe with their sins.  He killed 23,000 for fornication in one day, as we are told in 1 Corinthians 10:8.

I'm with you, I would never yell or scream at a woman who had an abortion.  But, a drop of ink can make a million think, and stating that abortion is the murder of a child, will send a very effective message.  I once had to talk a woman out of having an abortion, and I certainly did not yell and scream at her.  Instead, I told her to have the abortion.  I told her, because she was worried about the material side of things, that she would have her things and her car on the rust heap in 20 years, but that her conscience would still bother her about the child she wished to murder, but by all means, go ahead and have an abortion.

She kept the child.  Unfortunately, she was in a car accident shortly before the birth of the child, and the child did not live.  But, at least she did the right thing.
Dawn Foss Added Feb 17, 2017 - 12:14am
Yes, different people respond in different ways.  Some people will not wake up unless someone is very direct with them, and if a close enough friend or relative, sometimes can get away with a blunt rebuke.  Sensitivity is key.  But yes, I agree with you; God does have wrath, and we do not want to be on the other side of that.  To teach a loving God without also teaching of his holiness and wrath against evil is misrepresenting God.  Without a healthy fear of evil and its consequences, and the judgment that follows, people will not be motivated nor compelled to repent.  Since those consequences of their choices will come, we show love by forewarning, as does the Holy Spirit as He guides us into truth.  Good conversation!  I'm glad you're back, Ryan!
Ryan Messano Added Feb 17, 2017 - 12:30am
Exactly,"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge and wisdom".  Thank you Dawn, I'm glad you are still here too, along with Steve and others.

To have a woman assent to God's ways is a wonderful thing.

Not many do it.  LOL,

Women are being lied to so much by men and society.  Young women would do well to read this.   And young and old alike to read this.
Dawn Foss Added Feb 17, 2017 - 12:36am
Nancy DeMoss is a great author!  I had read some books by her and her husband when I was in my teens/early 20's.  As a matter of fact, I went to Liberty University, and they had the "DeMoss Hall" - I think that was named after her husband!  My daughter goes there now.  Those look like great books; I may have to pick myself up one or both, as it may help give some perspective if I talk with other women.
Ryan Messano Added Feb 17, 2017 - 12:43am
Wow, that is awesome you already know her.   Not many women I run into do, I can tell you that.

They really are, they address many of the issues our society cultivates in women's minds, that many women accept as facts.

I have given up even talking to or pursuing a woman about and for marriage, unless she first reads these.
Jenifer Frost Added Feb 17, 2017 - 12:53am
While I certainly do not agree with your religious convictions, the article is something I do mostly agree with. I would differ only so much as to say that there still are a few genuine liberal (independent) news outlets with decent reporting (Truthdig and Common Dreams for instance). And quite a few middle of the road sites (ConsortiumNews, Paul Craig Roberts, Information Clearing House, CounterPunch, and Zero Hedge for example).

The entire "fake News" movement was created by the corporate mainstream media outlets to divert attention from the actual fake news coming from them for so long, and now more than ever. Garbage presstitutes like the Washington Post published fake news propaganda promoting the slander site PropOrNot to slander quality independent journalism. Just as the worthless swine at The New York Times crafted the "Russian hacking" conspiracy theories so popular with Hillary and her motley crüe of supporters, not to mention the neocon/neoliberal  warmonger establishment elites. Don't even get me started on the parasites at CNN the BBC, MSNBC or ThinkProgress.

You asked me how I came to that conclusion (that the Russian Hacking conspiracy was a hoax) - because I'm a Progressive I guess you found it amazing to believe. It's simple really, actual Progressives are truthseekers who follow the truth wherever it takes them. As Mike has said elsewhere, the term has been cooped by fakes and phonies, but I am the real deal. But seeking the truth regardless of where it leads, that and I employ logic, reason, and quality research from high value independent news outlets.

Anyhow you gave my article a shot and a decent overall review, so I'm returning the favor. Welcome back. Decent return article. It's good to see that even though I'm sure you and I disagree on a whole range of topics, we are on the same page here.
Ryan Messano Added Feb 17, 2017 - 1:07am
Thank you Jenifer, you are a rare breed, in my experience.  To find a progressive who honestly values objective truth is quite a fantastic experience, let me tell you.

I can tell you, if you keep on that path, you and I will agree here very shortly, so please hold on tight to your seat.  LOL.  Aeschylus truly said in "Agamemnon", "He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain, which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon the heart, until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the awful grace of God."

It is not easy or pleasurable finding truth. It is often lonely and painful.  The greek myths were often nonsense, but, since truth is written on the heart of every man at birth, Homer had it too, and he told a profound truth when he told of Hercules choice between vice and virtue.

Also, to examine why one believes what one believes is a painful process, which too few engage in.  The greeks said, "Know thyself", and "the unexamined life is not worth living".

When one examines themselves honestly, amazing truths are revealed, which make the many pleasures of this life, and worldwide travels, pale in comparison.

Which is why Tolstoy said, "The Kingdom of God is within you".
Ryan Messano Added Feb 17, 2017 - 1:09am
Excuse me, it wasn't Homer who wrote of Hercules, it was Theocritus and Ovid.
Jenifer Frost Added Feb 17, 2017 - 3:35am
I will say this Ryan, I am also pleasantly surprised with your intelligence, knowledge of classic literature, and philosophy. Not to mention your friendly welcoming tone here. People are often put off by those who are different, I'm glad you seem to be better than that. I'm looking forward to reading your future articles, and welcome you to read mine as well. We may indeed agree on more things than we disagree. Stranger things have happened.
Stephen Hunter Added Feb 17, 2017 - 7:20am
Ryan, why would you think that I am childish? Did I not always respect your perspective on the world, in my comments? I try not to disrespect anybody. And while I do not agree with many of your rules for the road, I do respect your thoroughness and your thoughtfulness.
Autumn Cote Added Feb 17, 2017 - 10:14am
While I’m a little salty you left us for Facebook, your return was like giving the site a shot of adrenaline.  Very happy to have you back!
Bill Kamps Added Feb 17, 2017 - 10:19am
Trump has an interesting game to play.  As we saw with the executive order on immigration, if his policies are not popular they will be challenged, stalled or stopped.  The reach of the EOs will determine how easy they are to stop. This is why it's difficult for Presidents to rule by executive order, it doesnt carry the weight of Congressional law.  All Presidents discover this sooner or later.

Whether right or wrong, the media can help or detract from the popularity of any given proposal.  The  media obviously fanned the hysteria over the immigration EO, and wrongly reported it as a ban on Muslims, that stopped permanent residents from returning to the USA.  This hysteria gave the  Attorney General of multiple states the courage to take the EO to court, and challenge it.  Had the media been on the side of Trump, and clearly explained how the EO was limited in scope and why the EO was useful, it is less likely the AGs would have acted as they did.

Trump could have been more successful had he exempted current visa holders  from the EO, and had he done a better job of the roll out.  They wanted to surprise possible law breakers with the roll out, but he also learned that surprising the voters is not really a good thing either.  This is why politicians often float the trial balloon, to test the waters, and finesse their roll out.  It is a complex game to play with trade offs either way.

Gaining popularity by going directly to the voters can work, if he is working with Congress.  Voters sending emails and calling their Congress people can move Congress to greater support for Trump's initiatives.  Trump has to organize them to do this.

Trump is learning he is not CEO, he cant just say it, and make it so.

All administrations take time to get their feet under them.  We forget how clumsy every administration has looked at the start, by the time we reach the end of their term, especially if they are in office 8 years as the recent Presidents have been. Clinton, Bush and Obama ALL had problems with early cabinet choices, EOs and other matters before the figured out how they wanted to operate.  Trump's challenge is more than most, since he doesnt clearly align with his party, so he needs to find that working coalition that he can rely  on, to get his plans turned into law.

Ryan Messano Added Feb 17, 2017 - 12:51pm
Thank you Jenifer, we shall see what we shall see:).  I too, am impressed by your ability to clearly remain open to differing ideas, as it is not a trait I am familiar with with progressives, though I am certain there are those on the right you can say the same for:).

Thank you Stephen.

Thank you Autumn, your site is wonderful.  On FB, I had the chance to reach 1,500 connections, who had 3,000,000 connections combined, and those connections were connected to all 1.8 billion people around the world. It was unprecedented reach, and I could not spurn it. I really wish WB had that reach.  I think people who can express their opinions in words and essays are superior to those who are constantly watching videos and pictures.  So, while I was connected to more people, the level of engagement and intellect on WB is far superior to FB.

Largely agree, Bill.

Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Feb 17, 2017 - 1:12pm
Ryan

The level of engagement for sure !
Ryan Messano Added Feb 17, 2017 - 1:29pm
:).  I actually went through the top articles that were viewed by page views and by likes.

LOL, mine were not viewed a lot, nor were they liked a lot.  Good thing I don't do this for human approval, or I'd be disappointed.

I actually understand.  What I say is mostly what few have been exposed to in their lives, and people like ideas that go along with their current beliefs, not ideas that require them to change their thinking or behaviors.  The former is easy, the latter is hard.
Stephen Hunter Added Feb 17, 2017 - 9:26pm
Ryan, I think changing one's perspective thus behaviors may be easier than we think, and it happens more than we think. Just that it happens slowly and we do not notice it.
Autumn Cote Added Feb 18, 2017 - 5:52am
In using Writer Beat you have a better chance of reaching all those people than by using Facebook.  You see, on Facebook you mostly reach your friends and I’m sure your friends already know where you stand on issues important to you.  On Writer Beat you’re reaching a whole new group of people you don’t know personally.  All of these people likely use one form of social media and all of them have the potential to alert their networks of something they read here. The numbers speak for themselves, when’s the last time a Facebook posting of yours got dozens of comments from people you don’t know?
Mircea Negres Added Feb 18, 2017 - 6:57am
Welcome back, Ryan! I agree with much of what you wrote, especially about what passes for journalism these days. Thomas Jefferson believed the newspaper ads more than the articles, these days you can't believe the ads either, and America hasn't had great journalists since Woodward and Bernstein, as well as Gary Webb with his expose on the CIA-Contras dope connection around 20 years later. But as for the Bible, if one way to judge truthfulness is to search for consistency, you'd be very disappointed when you read again the accounts of the Resurrection, so you might want to avoid using the Bible as a yardstick for reliable information...
Mircea Negres Added Feb 18, 2017 - 7:00am
Unlike Writer Beat, FB and LI are censored to the point at which you can't sense anything, know what I mean jellybean? My accounts were deactivated and frozen respectively, but that neither gives grey hairs nor pays my bills, so it's WB for me, brother. Stay here, don't waste your time with those BS platforms, man.
Dawn Foss Added Feb 18, 2017 - 11:12am
While people have made arguments for inconsistencies in the Bible, they can all be refuted.  It's usually a problem with historical context, interpretation, or context within the passage that people go awry.
Dawn Foss Added Feb 18, 2017 - 11:13am
Autumn, I agree!  I love the discourse on here.  I don't know of another site like it.  :)
James E. Unekis Added Feb 18, 2017 - 1:17pm
Ryan,
Thursday night I entered the Baltimore subway for my evening commute home.  All week there has been a gang of youths (violent black teen-ages) attacking. kicking and jamming the doors of trains passing through a station where thousands of workers, (Many State Employees) board after work.  All of this activity is "monitored".

I, like a fool , pushed the emergency button to warn the subway driver to please stop trying to leave as these kids had their arms and legs inside the doorways and I was concerned about them losing life or limb.

As thanks, these poor youths pried open the door and hit me in the face.  Last time this happened I took matters into my own hands and when they laid their hands on me I beat one of their asses and held the 3 others until the cops showed up and hauled their black asses away.

I found myself between an enraged group of thirty animals determined to get into the cars to kill me and the 99% black train riders, some of whom opened the windows and told these fine "youths" (violent racist gang punk wanna be's).  Then half of the black riders on the Baltimore Subway began to yell at me for holding them up from getting home.

The lazy racist black transit officers came late, the "youths" escaped.

There are over 600 "transit Officers" available to guard 14 stops, but despite a 3 days of these attacks on trains in this one station on video they entitled black officers didn't think it was much of a problem if a white man was encircled by black youths and their own race's children after trying to protect these "children".

Further, after reporting the incident to 5 black officers who showed up late, I have yet to receive even an incident report promised to me.

I reached the Sargent at the State Office Complex who said that they patrolled to the entrance of the subway but once underground it was a Transit Cop issue.

We are not in Annapolis so Hogan doesn't give a rip.

I'm sorry that the black parents hate me because I am white and have worked my whole life paying taxes to support their welfare perpetual victim status.

Baltimore has become a third world city controlled by ignorant and hateful blacks.

So when you hear of a an old white man using lethal force to protect himself against racist mobs of out of control teenage thugs because police in Baltimore doesn't take black on white crime seriously I have news for you.

If Bowel Movements Matters is calling for the elimination of all white people then be prepared when I have to kill one of your precious oppressed little terrorists.  I'm not dying because your race can't control their own children.

Get your own kids under control or watch them be slaughtered.  MY LIFE MATTERS TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan Messano Added Feb 20, 2017 - 11:55am
Amen, Stephen.  I am thinking, Autumn, about leaving FB, and when I do bringing every one there, of my 1,700 connections here.  Not all will come, but if even 300 do, that will be good.  We shouldn't be relying on fascist networks which don't value free speech.  That said, my connections know better than to use profanity on my posts, and most don't use it at all. I am pretty sure WB would be better off if we instituted a no profanity rule.  That way people would be forced to use their intellect to make points, and could not lazily attempt to be forceful with profanity.  Thank you Mircea.  The Biblical accounts of the resurrection are reconciled, if one studies.  Exactly, Dawn, the Bible has no errors, if one pursues one's questions fully.

Sorry to hear about the James.  Most of those people, if not all, were not raised in stable homes.

They respond to strong leadership, but not when they are in mobs.
Joe Chiang Added Feb 23, 2017 - 12:50pm
@Ryan.  I am beginning a major political effort here in ND.  I am only familiar with FB to spread the word.  We have 750,000 population here.  What is a good way to spread what is needed since FB rations and blocks conservative comments?

Recent Articles by Writers Ryan Messano follows.