Putin Plays the Pawn Who Tweets

Trump plays checkers… until he starts to lose.

Then comes the predictable tantrum and he violently knocks the board off the table. Then he blames others for the mess, mouth foaming and eyes casting about for a weaker opponent to play next.

Meanwhile, Putin plays steely-eyed chess on a geo-political board with dedicated spies, currency, oil, and the pointy pieces of thermonuclear warfare.

Whether or not his hand is still on the piece, Putin has an unwitting pawn in our president. The republic is now placed “in check”, if only from increased division and chaos, if not from a feared penetration into the inner sanctum of intelligence.

Modern global gaming is about power and money, and historical ideology and propaganda are secondary tools. Putin is a king in our 21st century Game of Thrones, and a rarified global .01%-er.

Putin owns his Russian oligarchy. Putin is the king that Trump wishes he could be, a real billionaire who does not have to show his tax returns to his citizens.

We are being played…

Comments

Ryan Messano Added Feb 16, 2017 - 10:49pm
What a dimwit you are.

There is no evidence of Russian hacking.  Please try to understand this is Democrat propaganda and try to be less gullible in the future.
wsucram15 Added Feb 17, 2017 - 9:58am
Look, there is evidence. Clapper came out an provided this intelligence to the prior Presidency and the incoming Presidency.
It was enough to slow Congress on both sides, but not completely due to the CRA (congressional review act) agenda.  This will eventually stop when people stop focusing on the President and his noise.
The focus should be on the Senate using a ancient law that bypasses the floor vote and allows for legislation to be passed in a backroom by Republicans and then signed by the President. So far they have eliminated the department that protects voting machines (technically speaking), limit the endangered animals list with three separate bills-HR 424, HR 717 and HJ Res 69 among other issues that they have put through.
I dont think the President is a skilled politician, in a city full of politicians which are brutal.   They have an agenda and have around 50 more bills for him to get signed...then I would say they will lose interest in him or anything he does, they have Pence.
Bill H. Added Feb 17, 2017 - 11:18am
Marshall, take comfort in that he won't last long in his position.
It is quite obvious to most, and even many of his prior supporters (and I personally know quite a few) have lost faith in him over the last couple weeks.
In Washington, there are many in the Republican Party that quietly wish he would go away, and I don't think it will be long before this group decides that the Patriotic thing to do is unite to remove him from office.
Mike Pence has his issues for sure, but at least he would not be a pawn for Russia and I believe actually cares about the people of the US and not himself.
wsucram15 Added Feb 17, 2017 - 11:32am
BillH...check on the CRA and Republican agenda before you say that.
Pence may be more American and less subject to Russian influence but he has problems.  Im not sure he is any better.  We are getting legislation eliminated daily w/o votes or Presidential approval.
Bill H. Added Feb 17, 2017 - 11:38am
I agree wsucram, but at least he is not a crazed Dictator.
If Trump got ousted, then we would be stuck with Pence.
If you only had that choice, which way would you go?
Marshall Added Feb 17, 2017 - 3:11pm
Thanks, all, for taking the time to read the piece and for the feedback. Though I'm a admittedly a "dimwit" (sadly proving it to myself, friends and my long-suffering wife on a daily basis),  I should, while still wriggling in the crushing grip of reason that every insult renders when used as a comment introduction, humbly make a "naive" observation. Mine is a style-heavy, poetic, opinion piece. There is no specificity in it, i.e. no "hacking" was mentioned. My ditty is optimally read as a simile-based poetic description of two people. One of the oldest military desires in history is to "wish confusion upon your enemies". I, personally, see and feel a new level of dysfunctional chaos in American governance. Whatever your ideology, I think that most Americans might objectively agree that the federal government is approaching a concerning level of dysfunction in many of it's branches. We'll have to fix it together! E pluribus unum. I welcome an invitation to consider a compelling idea! Thanks again, MC
wsucram15 Added Feb 17, 2017 - 5:23pm
I thought I commented this additionally, on Putin.  I really think Trump feels he can do some good while making some bank for himself.  But Putin is a killer and manipulator, in looking at free Russian press, he is a tricky guy.  I read somewhere he is one of the wealthiest men in the world, individually.
wsucram15 Added Feb 17, 2017 - 5:33pm
BillH..not sure on that one, honestly, both are bad. But if we could get Trump to actually do what he says for all..def Trump.

Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Feb 17, 2017 - 6:26pm
What-a-bullshit.

Russia does it too, EVERY nation does it when it's CAPABLE of.

So what ? It's not Putin's fault that you guys can't get someone up there who's INTEGER.
Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Feb 17, 2017 - 6:27pm
...and clever enough to master that geostrategical chess game LOL
Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Feb 17, 2017 - 6:29pm
Bill

Not a question of PAWN. A question of "how much longer does the US think it needs to construct enemies in order to justify their war machine ?"