TRAVELING FORWARDS TOWARDS OUR ORIGIN

TRAVELING FORWARD TOWARDS OUR ORIGIN

I have witnessed a birth or some might call a rebirth evolve in front of our eyes. In the not too distant past there were cries from people to have a certain amount of civility and decorum when giving opinions and comments on the thoughts and beliefs of other writers. Other people cried foul that this was an infringement of ones right to express oneself in any manner.

The rancor grew and grew between the two factions with writers battling it out, some writers vowed to stay the course, others reached their limit which is a personal decision and left. Voices were raised on high that all thoughts were subject to any kind of scrutiny and could be attacked by any means. Chaos ensued to the point when the site owner threw up her hands and said enough I am leaving.

Tones quickly changed and words were written by the very ones who wished to obstruct any kind of rule or regulation as censorship. This faction suddenly called fo rules, regulations, guidelines and even a constitution to abide by. The very avenues they had objected to all along.

Lo and behold someone produced existing rules, regulations and guidelines already in place. These guidelines stated the very thing both factions stated they wished at one time or another.

So now after the dust settles and a little time passes Writer Beat will continue. How long no one knows. There are a couple of things to keep in mind.

The first is that all writers, authors and commentors etc. have already agreed to adhere to the existing guidelines as set down by this site. Violators will be called out and action I believe will be taken.

The second thing is Autumn has to spend an increasing amount of time searching out new writers. For balance increased time with family and friends is necessary. The more time she has to spend putting out fires by people who wish to denigrate, bully or threaten another writer is less time she has to increase writer activity therefore making this site the vision of success she wishes. Not you not me nor anyone else.

I sit back and have to chuckle to myself. Personally I think what happened was somewhat intentional on Autumn’s part. If so, well played. If not, still well played.

Final thought as I am writing this a song came into my head.

From Sonny and Cher:

THE BEAT GOES ON.

Ric Wells/Akecheta

3/8/2017

Comments

Minister Peaceful Poet Added Mar 9, 2017 - 1:24am
Basically - when you have to resort to name calling and accusations to prove your point of view, your point of view is invalid, you got nothing, thus the name calling and accusations.
Mircea Negres Added Mar 9, 2017 - 2:54am
Ric, most of the time searches for anything go in a circle because the answer is at the beginning. I'm curious as to how this will turn out, but one thing was certain- we couldn't carry on like children anymore.
Ric Wells Added Mar 9, 2017 - 3:01am
MPP and Mircea both true.
EXPAT Added Mar 9, 2017 - 4:35am
Good summary Ric. But I almost fell out of my chair when Michael B/Slade called for Blocking. He was the reason for all this angst, and the prime offender of Crude Rancor. Hoping Autumn exercises her option and bans HIM from this site.
That would go a long way toward calming things down.
EXPAT Added Mar 9, 2017 - 4:51am
Michael B. Added Mar 9, 2017 - 2:16am

Block, block, block! I guess it shouldn't be very surprising that, with few exceptions, the most egregious and prolific trolls are the ones most opposed to some kind of system to block them. As I said before, they can troll away, but it's in everyone's interest to make it less easy and convenient for them to do so. At a minimum, it will force them to write posts for all to see, rather than being a subterranean and parasitic presence that contribute absolutely nothing but vitriol. Spend some time writing your own posts, rather than being a troll on others...assholes!
Donna Added Mar 9, 2017 - 2:59pm
Ric,
Good one..i wondered myself if Autumn was siting back waiting to see if we all would or could pull together..
For her we did.. This site is one of a kind..due to all of her hard work..
Dino Manalis Added Mar 9, 2017 - 5:34pm
We can all express ourselves, but foul language is unnecessary for educated writers who can use persuasive writing to support their positions.  Autumn is the referee!
Ric Wells Added Mar 9, 2017 - 5:40pm
Dino I agree but a few others might not.
Jenifer Frost Added Mar 9, 2017 - 6:41pm
I say attack the post if you must but not the poster.

So we know that Michael B is in fact Slade?
Ric Wells Added Mar 9, 2017 - 6:45pm
Very nice Jenifer. Don't know if Michael  B. is Slade but don't care either.

Recent Articles by Writers Ric Wells follows.