Are You There

ARE YOU THERE

I'm pointing out
Showing it all about
Every body points it out
I know
Trying to hide behind
So...

Everybody hides themselves
Inside them self
And laughs at those who don't
Maybe those who don't seem to care
Just have a need to share

You know how you sometimes forget
where you've hidden it
They who dare
Take us back there
That place who we are

I ask you
Are you there

By: Roger Harkness - Minister Peaceful Poet
3/10/17

Comments

Ric Wells Added Mar 11, 2017 - 12:07pm
When you open up to yourself the walls of fear come toppling down. Am I here? I am where I am supposed to be. Tomorrow?Who knows.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Mar 11, 2017 - 3:29pm
Children are there and sometimes we act crazy and we are there, when we laugh, cry or loose our temper.  Most of the time we're wearing that mask we've learned to create for our self guided by our teachers, parents, friends and relatives.  It would be nice when some day we could all just take off that mask.  But in the mean time, we enjoy the crazy people because they're us without the mask.  They are there to remind us of who we are.

I suppose I could have written a little better.
Ric Wells Added Mar 11, 2017 - 3:30pm
MPP you wrote what you felt at the time.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Mar 11, 2017 - 4:55pm
Thanks Ric Wells

Ric Wells Added Mar 11, 2017 - 4:56pm
You're welcome.
Shane Dean Added Mar 11, 2017 - 5:51pm
Very cool stuff.  Thank you for sharing.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Mar 13, 2017 - 5:29am
Thanks Shane
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 14, 2017 - 4:53pm
Ric

Just had a discussion with Aliou in Senegal, my Business Partner. When I said I'm 59 by now (we haven't seen each other for 11 years), he said, "hey I'm 44 as well now, and you know what ? You're not old here in Africa. You're experienced, and that's what counts. You know life. We don't care about diplomas, you know that. If I were you, I'd be proud that you are older and wiser. We appreciate that, we have known you for so long and are happy you return. Time is no reason to forget people."

I said; I will be there - and then: I am here,
Ric Wells Added Mar 14, 2017 - 4:57pm
Stone you are where you are meant to be.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 14, 2017 - 4:59pm
Time is no reason to forget people.

So simple - and so honest. When have I heard something like this in Europe ? I guess never.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 14, 2017 - 5:01pm
BTW: I'd love to see you, me and Aliou together. That would be THE ultimate meeting for me :-)
Ric Wells Added Mar 14, 2017 - 5:03pm
Don't know if this country would let me back in. LOL
Ric Wells Added Mar 14, 2017 - 5:04pm
But an open air cafe. Burger and a brew sounds great.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 14, 2017 - 5:18pm
Ric

You would have to do with a Chebudjen  (Rice and fish with hot pepper sauce) - and beer LOL
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 14, 2017 - 5:19pm
BTW: There's nothing but open air. We live outside.
Ric Wells Added Mar 14, 2017 - 5:20pm
Fish don't know about that. More of a beef guy. And they have to brew tea. Haven't had a beer in about 45 years.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 14, 2017 - 5:21pm
...and it's true...I belong there. The mind has no color and is unfixed.
Ric Wells Added Mar 14, 2017 - 5:21pm
Love the outdoors. Lived on a mountain for over 30 years.
Ric Wells Added Mar 14, 2017 - 5:23pm
Having a fixed mind means one is stuck with no hope of learning

Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 14, 2017 - 5:25pm
I hate mountains. As we have plenty in Switzerland. They don't let me see the horizon, They block the sun. The block the mind, at least here in Switzerland. Just a personal feeling...
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 14, 2017 - 5:27pm
Mountains are rock. Barren, no life. Death. Towering giants which don't let flowers or even grass grow.

Coldness, darkness. I fucking hate them LOL
Ric Wells Added Mar 14, 2017 - 5:29pm
But when you are at the peak or near it at early morning or late afternoon and warch  the sky explode with color. Or late on a clear night and one can see through the stars to the Milky Way. Incredibly freeing and thought expansive. The mountains I lived in were not as tall as the ones in Switzerland.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 14, 2017 - 5:45pm
I get that, and I'm sure it's beautiful. But I don't support the cold....I can live peacefully between 20 and 40 degrees Celsius ;-)
Ric Wells Added Mar 14, 2017 - 5:47pm
I was younger then. 65 to 85 F is my comfort zone now. But at the time I did enjoy walking with my 10 dogs through the forests.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 14, 2017 - 5:54pm
Hang on...this Fahrenheit stuff....might as well change that to Celsius LOL

70 F is 21 C.....that's ok. 42 F is almost deadly to me, although I grew up like that. But after half a life in Africa my body has kind of changed. I like .... hang on ... 90 to 100 F, at night 70 F is ok - like in Senegal LOL
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 15, 2017 - 5:17pm
LOL

Reminds me of the summer 1998 in Mali (April-May). We had an average 44° during daytime and 30° at night, I didn't sleep at all. Fan shoveling hot air around, no use. I mean I LOVE hot weather, but don't wanna be cooked alive :-)

Recent Articles by Writers Minister Peaceful Poet follows.