I'M GLAD

Wow, what a week. First, Autumn said she wants to retire - but then, as many of us, she found (probably) out that WB is her child, and we've become her children :-)

And a tsunami of support emerged. And it's GOOD. I mean, I registered on Niume, but - maybe it was my HABIT of WB - or I don't-know-what - it looked somewhat anonymous to me, kind of impersonal, if you know what I mean. Not the place to make friend and enemies ;-)

My life has changed too in the last weeks before going to where the picture above shows. I moved from a 10 m2 room into a 14 m2 room, since our shared apartment went from 3 to 2, and so I've got more space - and a SOFA. Didn't have one up to now, now I've got a small one, and instead or writing bullshit on WB sitting cross-legged on the floor (mind you I'm used to that, maybe in former life I was an Indian) I sit comfortably on that sofa, plug in the guitar and play to - at the moment - Pink Floyd karaoke stuff, while the TV is on Al Jazeera or anything that seems unfake to me.

So - I don't have a new article or any US rant at the moment LOL. I just prepare my leaving to Senegal and

....wanted to say thanks to all who support our little virtual home here.

Catch you later :-) World politics my ass at the moment :-)

Comments

Jenifer Frost Added Mar 10, 2017 - 2:31pm
Sounds nice Stone-Eatter!  And I will cover the US rant myself this weekend :-)
Ric Wells Added Mar 10, 2017 - 2:46pm
B minor for Comfortably Numb. But you probably know that already.
EXPAT Added Mar 10, 2017 - 2:53pm
You will be a better man for it! Americans already know how screwed up America is.
Yes, Niume is impersonal. That is the UK thing.
But good writing is a one way conversation. When was the last time you wrote a letter to the author of a book.
EXPAT Added Mar 10, 2017 - 2:54pm
WB is a chat room!
Shane Dean Added Mar 10, 2017 - 3:23pm
Always an adventure with you Stone. And despite what some say, I don't mind your US rants.  I love opposing views. When everyone is all agreeing, that is when I get concerned.
EXPAT Added Mar 10, 2017 - 3:42pm
Shane.
I have Never seen everyone agreeing on anything. I love to debate issues. But issues are what is missing from most WB posts, It is always generalities.
And little is learned from generalities.
Perhaps I am that way because I get to hear what Europeans think of Americans, at the bar everyday!
Ric Wells Added Mar 10, 2017 - 4:04pm
Let's see. "Maybe in a former life I was an Indian". Stone-Eater was the name of Wea war chief in the 18tH century residing in the place known as Indiana now. HMMMMM.
EXPAT Added Mar 10, 2017 - 4:40pm

Otto Friedli (28 Jun 1931 - 17 Mar 2008) split with the club and formed his own group on March 17, 1948 in Fontana, just west of San Bernardino. He called it the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club. In 1954 Otto's new club merged with the Market Street Commandos to become the Hells Angels San Francisco Chapter.[3]
The Other Side Added Mar 11, 2017 - 1:08am
"I mean I never liked Pink Floyd much to listen to - but to play actively guitar to their songs is a different story."

Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Mar 11, 2017 - 3:48am
Expat

Wow. My ancestor founded the Hell's LOL

Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Mar 11, 2017 - 3:51am
TOS

Alphy Blondy :-) But actually I prefer Tiken Jah Fakoly. Because he went political against CI regimes while they were in power, such as Robert Guei, while Alpha always rants about presidents when they're already out LOL
Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Mar 11, 2017 - 3:51am
Ric

I feel honored ;-)
Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Mar 11, 2017 - 3:53am
Shane

I feel what I have to say about US politics has been said. That's why I get - yes Ric - comfortably numb on it :-)
Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Mar 11, 2017 - 3:53am
Jenifer

Keep women power alive oh Marabout LOL
Dino Manalis Added Mar 11, 2017 - 8:34am
Long live Writer Beat!
Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Mar 11, 2017 - 9:02am
Yeah !
George N Romey Added Mar 11, 2017 - 5:08pm
I'm finding social media lately to be mostly boring and banal.  Really, how many Trump rants or Buffy my tabby cat stories can possibly be written by people with no writing skills, not to mention no critical thinking skills.  I hope WB finds it's mojo again but I'm thinking that maybe the threat of shutting down the site sent some members off into cyberland.
The Other Side Added Mar 11, 2017 - 5:54pm
Running a site like this is exhausting. I recommend distributing the responsibility among trusted users.

I would trust you for instance. I've read your posts and you seem to have a calm center, more or less sound reasoning, and a willingness to forgive transgressions (which people lit up on Fri and at night do tend to do).

It's too much for one person. The responsibility needs to be shared.
Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Mar 12, 2017 - 11:34am
TOS

I agree. But one has to have the time for it - and 24/7 internet. I won't have that in Africa - at least not until later this year.

Ric Wells Added Mar 12, 2017 - 3:11pm
Stone whenever I see this title I think of Jack Bruce Ginger Baker and Eric Clapton performing I'm So Glad. Thanks for the memory.
Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Mar 13, 2017 - 4:11am
Ric

LOL Traffic :)

Ric Wells Added Mar 13, 2017 - 6:43am
 Nope Cream.
Ric Wells Added Mar 13, 2017 - 6:47am
Traffic was Steve Winwood.
Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Mar 13, 2017 - 11:15am
Ric

Traffic - Glad/Freedom Rider

Two of them :-)
Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Mar 13, 2017 - 11:16am
BTW: That's why I'm doing that scrapyard writing thing here on WB LOL
Ric Wells Added Mar 13, 2017 - 11:20am
Good name for a band. "SCRAPYARD". LOL
Ric Wells Added Mar 13, 2017 - 11:25am
I don't know why people vuew you as a Communist. I certainly do not. Your accusers remind me of the McCarthy hearings in the 50's.
Prathapaneni Added Mar 14, 2017 - 9:21am
I really appreciate writer beat, people from foreign can learn English language. This site can refer to foreigners who are willing to learn English. This site is amazing and interactive. Closing this website is like repealing obama care replacing with a junk such as facebook and linkedin social networks.
Shane Laing Added Mar 15, 2017 - 9:37am
Well Stone looks like you will be well catered for if you need a hat or bag.  Cows are small out there by the looks of it, not many steaks off that one.
Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Mar 15, 2017 - 3:28pm
Prathapaneni

Exactly. You wouldn't like to know how much my English progressed here :-)
Stone-Eater Friedli afronum Added Mar 15, 2017 - 3:30pm
Shane

Well we got beef, chicken and mutton as an Islamic country. But since African Islam is not too strict (yet....), booze is no problem. And since I always preferred fish I'm on the right place LOL

Recent Articles by Writers Stone-Eater Friedli afronum follows.