Tucker Carlson Explains

Lecture at IAFF Fighters Conference

Listen to him summarize how millions of Americans feel, what’s happening to the United States, and why. In a short lecture followed by an interesting Q & A with the audience at the IAFF Fighters Conference, Tucker Carlson explains in simple terms; the rise of volatile and extreme politics, corruption and the comforts of life in D.C., the ineptitude in mainstream media, the destruction of the American middle class, even supply & demand, self-driving cars and a lot more.

Here’s a man that, with exception of his rich lifestyle in the nation’s capital, is a common man just like you and I. With four children and a Cocker Spaniel, a sense of purpose and the tools to make real change, he wants your life to be better, not just his own. He understands that prosperity has to go around, to come around.

In this talk, Carlson is persuasive, funny, and accurate. Give it a short amount of your time and learn a lot. Certainly, this is time well spent and his points warrant deeper discussion.

Lecture at IAFF Fightes Conference

Comments

George N Romey Added Mar 11, 2017 - 12:48pm
Tom he is one of the last newsmen on MSM that actually isn't full of crap.  His days are probably limited.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 11, 2017 - 12:51pm
That's why I believe we have to support him, George!  Check out the lecture if you haven't already seen it.  :).  He's our guy.
Micahel Dolan Added Mar 11, 2017 - 1:16pm
Is rating numbers are very good. Fox has two recent additions one    Judge Janine and Tucker Carlson,both are great and honest.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 11, 2017 - 1:36pm
His ratings are very good.  He's exploded onto primetime and is obliterating the inept competition.  Don Lemon should be hosting a kids game show or something.
Billy Roper Added Mar 11, 2017 - 2:39pm
Did you see him with Jorge Ramos? That was funny.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 11, 2017 - 3:06pm
Yes I saw him and Jorge, it was a good one.  Tucker could be a modern George Carlin if he really wanted to be.  :)
Dino Manalis Added Mar 11, 2017 - 4:20pm
Funny, but serious at the same time!
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 11, 2017 - 9:55pm
Dino, Precisely.  Often, the truth when delivered in the right context can be very humorous.  Comedy and tragedy go hand in hand.
Billy Roper Added Mar 12, 2017 - 9:15am
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 12, 2017 - 12:52pm
I remember that interview.  Pure anti-White and anti-heterosexual.  That Buzzfeed dude is pathetic.  Not as funny as some of Tucker's interviews but like most, definitely worth watching.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 12, 2017 - 12:59pm
Slightly off subject; how about Anne C....

Coulter cuts up invading peasants - justly
Leroy Added Mar 12, 2017 - 2:27pm
I don't miss Meagan Kelly.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 12, 2017 - 2:39pm
That makes two of us, Leroy.  She was only purdy when she wasn't talking.
mark henry smith Added Mar 12, 2017 - 3:12pm
Tom, I have never seen Tucker Carlson, but I respect anyone who is willing to risk life and limb for the truth. The reality of our modern world is that we are beginning to strain the systems that sustain us and none of the options are good if we insist on living the way we have been for the last fifty years, consumed by a consumer mentality.

All of us have to think about a new mentality, called a sustainer mentality, meaning that our future will not be continual economic growth to acquire more stuff, but seeking ways to sustain some sense of dignity and improve the quality of life for our fellow citizens and world in habitants.

I, for one, believe that you are right on when you talk about groups that do not share a commitment to an inclusive group dynamic, but push for their own hegemony, using messages of inclusion to confuse and alienate the societies they inhabit so control can be maintained.

I heard this morning on NPR (of which I'm not a fan, but find few alternatives) the original EPA director talking about why we need stringent federal environmental enforcement. I think his name was Ruckleshouse, but I'm not completely sure. He said that piecemeal approaches allow polluters to find local communities where ignorance and greed will outweigh any sense of commitment to the health of citizens or the future of the planet. He asked, what is the point of a strong economy if there is no healthy environment to live in?

I don't think I went off topic here in trying to make the point that mainstream media, electronic media, all media have no galvanizing approach yet that can satisfy all of the diverse interests of their readers, listeners, and viewers. Along with the advertisers or backers who pay the bills. Our problems are products of the limits of our imaginations.

Thanks and I'll seek out Tucker Carlson when I get a chance.
Billy Roper Added Mar 12, 2017 - 5:47pm
Of course anti-Whites call him a racist, but I think this article better describes what Carlson is responding to and reflecting:

Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 12, 2017 - 10:14pm
Billy,

The article from that link is sharp, and there are a lot of quotable lines from it.  I couldn't help but grin at the stats at the top corner of the page:

The Roper Report Stats

10,182 Evil Racist Nazi Visitors

Lol.
Doug Plumb Added Mar 13, 2017 - 5:25am
Carlson is part of the controlling opposition. They allow the public to control content but not context. As long as the debate centers on race and nationalism, the truth can be safe from prying eyes, that is that it is really religion that matters. The Atheist movement made this context possible. "I don't believe in God so no one else does and religion doesn't matter" - its mind warping stupidity.
  When we start talking about religion then the swamp can really be drained.
  The reactionary right is preaching "redemption through work", a communist ideal.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Mar 13, 2017 - 8:38am
Not to be a picker of nit but while I enjoy Carlson picking apart some ridiculous people with even more ridiculous points of view I'm not of a mind to wave the flag of anyone on television so-called news.
Opes Added Mar 13, 2017 - 9:14am
Although I quit watching TV political News (cable/mainstream) for the past few months, I did watch Tucker online based on this article on WB. Thanks.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 13, 2017 - 11:35am
Good insight, Doug.

I partially agree.  If Tucker wants to maintain his platform, he has to work for one of these media outlets and I believe he's chosen the lesser of evils, at Fox News.

But Tucker talks sense, especially in this lecture.  He cares about the common American family and without our support, his righteous efforts are doomed to fail.  I doubt that Tucker and I would sit around and smoke doobies together, but we love the same god.  I doubt that Carlson and Purcell would see eye to eye on much, but I respect any man who pursues the real, naked truth.  I used to think he was a blathering marshmallow but frankly, Tucker Carlson is the consummate badass.  Really.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 13, 2017 - 11:35am
Opes,

Thanks for indulging!  What did you think of the lecture?
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 13, 2017 - 12:04pm
Mark,

Thanks for those comments.  Yeah it's worth your time, I'd bet, to follow T.C.
Aaron Johnson Added Mar 13, 2017 - 12:46pm
That's the beauty of Trump. He can empathize with the common man, yet implement policies that will destroy the common man. He's brilliant in that regard.
Aaron Johnson Added Mar 13, 2017 - 12:49pm
I'll listen to the Tucker Carlson video later and will likely comment on it too. Yes, I value free markets, accountability, and being self-reliant. However, what is hampering the middle class is adjusting to technology. I haven't seen evidence where Trump understands this issue and what policies can be developed to respond to it. Admittedly, Democrats haven't been great in this area too because the solution won't likely bear fruit over a short period of time.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 13, 2017 - 1:46pm
Aaron,

Thanks for those thoughts, interesting.   Let us know what you think of Carlson's lecture.
Kaushik Venkatasubramaniyan Added Mar 13, 2017 - 4:49pm
It's not clear who if anyone has a clear vision of human role in a totally automated society should and will be.
Opes Added Mar 13, 2017 - 5:42pm
Tucker Carlson's speech at the IAFF seems knowledgeable of the sociology and bureaucracy that is chaotic in Washington, D.C.  It offers a view that the perceived complexity is hiding efforts by the establishment to ignore (and reject) the interests of the average person, middle class, middle America, etc.  Currently, POTUS is driving & steering, but congress is the gear-shifter/transmission, with the public as the engine.  We need all to work in unison, but can this vehicle get anywhere without having a functioning gear-shifter/transmission?  In this scenario the influence peddlers are the fuel (K-street/J-street/media/1%ers).
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 14, 2017 - 11:45am
Hard to argue with that, Opes.  Isn't that how it's meant to work?
Mike Haluska Added Mar 14, 2017 - 2:34pm
Aaron - your claim:

"He can empathize with the common man, yet implement policies that will destroy the common man."

begs the question:

"Can you name ONE Trump policy that "destroy the common man"?
Mike Haluska Added Mar 16, 2017 - 10:14am
Aaron - your silence is deafening.  Are you ready to re-evaluate your position on Trump?  Or will you at least admit you have no rational reason for your hatred of Trump, you just do?
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 16, 2017 - 10:55am
I thought I heard crickets.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 16, 2017 - 11:10am
Tucker Carlson interviewed the President last night.  Did anyone catch it?  Nothing extraordinary IMHO.
Opes Added Mar 16, 2017 - 11:11am
One of that ideas in Tucker's speech dealt with the displacement of jobs due to automation, i.e. self-driving vehicles that could put truck drivers out of work in the future. How do we overcome that future for people who are not inclined to sit in classrooms after high school graduation?
Opes Added Mar 16, 2017 - 11:14am
I meant - the ideas, not that ideas. Virtual keyboard typing is a pain sometimes.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 16, 2017 - 11:16am
Well, good question, Opes.  That's a huge part of the discussion and I don't have a perfect answer.  I do know that we need less robotics, less humans, and more men and women, more humanity.
Opes Added Mar 16, 2017 - 3:36pm
Just decided to write my opinion article on automation versus immigration regarding jobs in the USA.
Mike Haluska Added Mar 16, 2017 - 4:09pm
"the displacement of jobs due to automation, i.e. self-driving vehicles that could put truck drivers out of work in the future."

People said the same things about the "Teamsters" who used to drive horse drawn carts.  Now the Teamsters drive the trucks that replaced horse drawn carts.  Don't worry - somebody has to build the self-driving vehicles and somebody has to load and unload the self-driving trucks.  Somebody will always have to build the robots that replace low wage workers.

The science fiction of human-like robots is MANY years away.  Just try and program a robotic arm to reach into a box of bolts and pick one out, orient it so the threaded end is toward the bolt hole and start threading the bolt in without stripping it.  What our brain and muscle accomplish without hardly any thought or effort requires enormous hardware and software advances that are far into the future.  "Westworld" is fun to watch, but it's not going to be here in our lifetimes.
Opes Added Mar 16, 2017 - 6:49pm
Mike, Most of what you mentioned sounds right, especially the reference to Westworld.  Additionally, it seems a mistake to believe that automation glitches will ever end, and might become dangerous.  Mechanical and computer error are the tip of the iceberg to a mess of issues when you begin to add in the hacking prospects.
William Stockton Added Mar 17, 2017 - 8:39am
Here is the problem with media and those "interviews" which Tucker often has with lefty oppositionists:
He has a pre-formed agenda for an interview.

I hate it.  Although I do like Tucker, my criticism is that he is forming people's opinion of the interview before it even happens.  This is the same crap we see from progressive news outlets.
Tucker interrupts the interviewee whenever they are not saying something that moves the interview in the preformed direction.

He is actually limiting his options when he does this and he will find fewer people to interview in the future.

Tucker . . . just let people speak!  Let your audience form their own opinion!
Mike Haluska Added Mar 17, 2017 - 9:52am
Stockton - if Tucker's interviews piss you off, O'Reilly's must give you a stroke!  He just flat answers his questions for the guest!
William Stockton Added Mar 17, 2017 - 10:36am
Sort of Mike.  This is not an emotional criticism of mine.  It is an intellectual one.   So I don't get upset per se.
O'Reilly has been better as of late.  He has been letting his guests have their words without the obnoxious interruptions.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 17, 2017 - 10:59am
William,

I partially agree.  There is another side to that coin though, when it comes to Tucker driving the interview.  It's his show and he asks the questions.  At least half of the interviewees on come on with their own agenda to repeat talking points.  He usually just wants his guests to answer the questions and stay on course.  That's my opinion.  Almost half of these pissants are broken  records, unable to back up their positions.
William Stockton Added Mar 17, 2017 - 11:29am
I agree Tom.
What do you think the premise is of most viewers who watch an interview?
Debate right?
The problem is when people interrupt each other in a debate.  Those who interrupt the oppositional voice are bullying the debate.  Debates are turn-based dialogue. . . not who can interrupt or yell the loudest.  And isn't that exactly what the lame-stream media is now doing on the left?
Tucker needs to walk a very narrow path and I think is off in the weeds a bit.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 17, 2017 - 11:37am
Interesting assessment of Tucker.  I have noticed that in recent shows, there is no hiding his stress and fatigue.  I suspect he is getting pressure from his producers, not to mention everywhere else.  I have immense respect for Tucker Carlson because he has taken on a very difficult job by choice and merit, because he knows that he is the one who can take the heat.

Yes, I can't stand when two people on a set holler over each other, and allow the argument to devolve.  Honestly, I'll tune out on some subjects, like when the Planned Parenthood executive was one the other night.  Carlson concluded the interview with, "that was a uniquely shallow conversation".  He was right on, because that woman was like a Speak & Spell from Fisher Price.  Not every interview is a great one.
Mike Haluska Added Mar 17, 2017 - 11:52am
Tom - you're spot on regarding that PP interview!  Tucker might as well have been interviewing a Buzz Lightyear action figure:

Tucker:  Will you accept funding since you claim abortions are such a small percentage of your services?

PP Guest:  "To infinity and beyond"
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 17, 2017 - 11:56am
Lol that's about right!  It's funny now, but at the time it made my hair stand up!
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 17, 2017 - 12:00pm
Interview Tucker Carlson with Dawn Laguens  - Planned Parenthood Interview
William Stockton Added Mar 17, 2017 - 9:16pm
Ok.  wrote an article as a response.
"Danger Republicans . . . Your Slip Is Showing"
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 18, 2017 - 12:44pm
Yah geez you changed the article and title enough times, didn't ya?  I commented.
Prathapaneni Added Apr 7, 2017 - 3:15am
Megan kelly was interviewed Trump like date chat. Noah, from comedy central, made fun about it, is very interesting.

Recent Articles by Writers Tom C. Purcell follows.