Muhammad Ali on Race Integration

Ideology versus reality – on a daily basis it seems around half of the current public debates can be reduced to these two virtues. In the 1960s and 70s, Muhammad Ali was a leader, an icon and hated by most before becoming one of the wisest and most revered men in American History. He chose to pay the price rather than sell his soul.

What did this athlete, this mere boxer know that we don’t? It might surprise you, the far reaches of Ali’s spirit, wisdom and overall impact. Here was a Black man from Louisville, Kentucky, that was more physically gifted than perhaps any athlete in American History. This same man was his people’s champion. More than Martin Luther King, Malcom X and the others, Muhammad Ali raised the overall condition of his people in the U.S., of Black people. How? Why? Ali led by example and unwavering commitment to truth and justice, not by racism against Whites or other races.

Ideology versus reality includes the border debate, race and gender issues, the Muslim refugees, and so on. Well, great men are timeless and I can say with conviction, and most will agree that Muhammad Ali, who was born Cassius Marcellus Clay, was a great man. Well, what would he be saying about this new era, born 2017 in the west, starting with Brexit and followed by the Donald Trump revolution?

As a lifelong admirer and amateur historian of “The Greatest”, as he is affectionately known, I believe Ali would not support Black Lives Matter, or the violent protests from the left, preventing conservative genius from speaking on university campuses. I think he would denounce the “Russians are coming” propaganda and the likes from mainstream media.

But on multiracialism in the U.S., Muhammad Ali believed in segregation of the races and preservation of his and other peoples. “Red birds want to be with red birds, blue birds with blue birds pigeons with pigeons– they all are birds, but they’ve got different cultures”, he said, “society did not make us different, God didyou’re a hater of your people if you don’t want to stay who you are” (speaking of interracial marriage)…it’s just nature, you can do what you want but it’s nature to want to be with your own, I want to be with my own, I don’t hate anyone but I love my people.”

"A rooster doesn't crow in the dark.  A rooster only crows when he sees the light.  Well I've seen the light, and I'm crowing"

Is it racist for Muhammad Ali to feel this way? Is it racist for a Black person to feel this way? What about a Muslim, Jew, Hispanic or White person? Here’s a short piece of an interview with Muhammad Ali on the subject, speaking from his heart and soul.  1971 Interview Clip - Muhammad Ali

Comments

Leroy Added Mar 15, 2017 - 1:24pm
Nice article, Tom.  Not only was he physically gifted, he was mentally gifted as well.  His use of psychological warfare on his combatants was just as effective as his punches.   I recognize him as being one of the greatest boxers, but I also think he destroyed boxing.  I lost interest when he came along.  He was a showboat.  He was funny.  He was a jerk.  He is the father of the antics we see in sports today.  I suppose that is why I have almost no interest in professional sports.

"Is it racist for Muhammad Ali to feel this way?"

What is his own kind?  African Americans are about 25% European.  Does he hang out with 25% Europeans?  Obviously, he is talking about skin color.  In that sense, it is racists.

However, I don't object to maintaining culture.  European culture is being overrun today and it is not a good thing.  There is a Western culture (I don't call it white because it is open to anyone who accepts it).  There is black culture.  There is Sharia culture.  None of them mix very well.  I think it is a positive to maintain culture.

Today, it seems perfectly acceptable to trash "White" culture but whites must respect all others.  There is a double standard.  Whites, just like any other, should be able to maintain their culture.  I think it is fine to have separate cultures as long as whites are granted the same opportunity.  I don't believe culture should be drawn along the lines of skin color.

Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 15, 2017 - 1:52pm
Leroy,

That's the first I've heard the 25% figure, for European ancestry in Afro-Americans.  Usually, following that argument is the "race is a social construct" argument.  So if Muhammad Ali was racist by social standards, as he is by your standards, than what does that say about America, and racism in America?  And no, he was not talking about skin color.  Ali was speaking exclusively to African heritage.

You're absolutely right about the double standards and destruction of Western European culture and heritage.  Well, if  White men are as dangerous as they've been made out to be in generations since WWII, it's probably not a good idea to continue to push us and corner us in public, political and social manners.  The media is the leading culprit with that.

But that's where White nationalism really gets empowered.  I think most decent White men think, "yeah that would be nice, our own nation all to Whites, generally" but it's not until you really give him a reason, as the mainstream media has done, that he will stick his chest out and say, "this was our nation to begin with and we're fed up with the rest of ya".  It's only natural and quite possibly, premediated by the media.   If so, the exact motive is what I cannot yet peg.
Dino Manalis Added Mar 15, 2017 - 2:12pm
Muhammad Ali was a gentleman, not an anarchist!
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 15, 2017 - 2:20pm
Dino,

Ali was a gentleman, yes and his mother was a good woman.  His parents were Christian, as was young Cassius.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 15, 2017 - 2:24pm
the Donald Trump revolution

So far I don't see anything revolutionary in Donnie....;-)
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 15, 2017 - 2:25pm
It's absolutely revolutionary, Stone...even if you aren't on board that's what it is.  And it's just the beginning, trust me.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 15, 2017 - 2:26pm
Besides, Stone, what about the greater questions in the article?  It was much greater than that one line.  :)
Michael B. Added Mar 15, 2017 - 2:47pm
I thought Ali was at least as good a comedian as he was a boxer. There is a very good documentary film about "The Rumble in the Jungle" from 1996 called When We Were Kings that contains some classic Ali trash-talking:

"I done something new for this fight. I done wrestled with an alligator. That's right. I have wrestled with an alligator. I done tussled with a whale. I done handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail. That's bad! Only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalised a brick! I'm so mean I make medicine sick!"

He also some things to say to Howard Cosell:

"And you're always talking about, "Muhammad, you're not the same man you were 10 years ago." Well, I asked your wife, and she told me you're not the same man you was two years ago!"

"I'm gonna let everybody know that that thing you got on your head is a phony, and it comes from the tail of a pony!"

I think that very few people would have gotten away with a lot of what he said, lol. He wasn't very PC...as a matter of fact, he was the opposite. lol
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 15, 2017 - 2:54pm
Tom

The last paragraph of Ali ? I really can't judge that. Why ? Since I was 19 I was living in different cultures and colors, and therefore I never developed a real attachment to "my people". There is no "my people", just "my friends", wherever and whatever they are. Might not be usual, that's just me...
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 15, 2017 - 3:01pm
Stone,

Fair enough.  If you're being honest to yourself, you're being honest to me.  :)
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 15, 2017 - 3:11pm
Michael,

Yup that one is in my video library.  There are some really good documentaries on him and that is one of the very best...a real David & Goliath epic.  I've never seen a more dramatic or pivotal sporting event.  If I were in educational authority as an African American, I'd make 'When We Were Kings' mandatory viewing for Black youth.  That fight was really something to watch but Frazier/Ali III, to this day is the most murderous fight I've ever seen.  He had amazing speed, The Greatest, but it was his courage that made him legendary.
Doug Plumb Added Mar 15, 2017 - 6:30pm
re "So far I don't see anything revolutionary in Donnie....;-)  "

He cancelled the TPP. He is making waves throughout the intelligence agencies, where this beast operates from. Stone, you should read Confessions Of An Economic Hit Man.
  As far as Mahommed Ali goes, I agree and he did speak out wisely about an issue we face today, and did so 30 or so years ago. This is wisdom.
  I didn't agree with everything he said but he did drop some serious common sense in interviews.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 15, 2017 - 6:42pm
Doug, well said.  Ali had tremendous foresight.  Did you know that he accurately predicted a great number of his fights - the round in which it would end?  Either he was that far superior of an athlete or he could really see ahead, or both.  I didn't agree with him on many things but I always respected his courage, fortitude and honor.  I actually took a bit of an emotional hit on the day he passed away last year.
Aaron Johnson Added Mar 15, 2017 - 7:02pm
How do you know Ali didn't evolve over time? In the 1960s, we're talking about a volatile time where he experienced much hatred during that time. However, our society evolved in the 1970s, backtracked in the 1980s, then saw improvement through the 1990s and early 21st century, then we've backtracked over the last decade.

If he was against race mixing, then that's an expression of hate, rather than love. If that was his belief, then that's fine, but it's not one that I would endorse. That doesn't stop me from admiring his courage and excellence in the ring.

However if true, it's racist, plain and simple.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 15, 2017 - 7:11pm
So that's two "if ____" then yes he was racist.  Let's be honest; if it were a White man who made such comments then or now, the tag "racist" would come much quicker.  That's really my point.

Ali was a great human being, and like many great men he wanted to improve the condition of his people.  There is no reason to think Ali would have changed his feelings.  As far as I know, he maintained his beliefs into old age and the beyond.  So that makes him a racist I guess?  In that case, is racism inherently evil or not?
Aaron Johnson Added Mar 15, 2017 - 7:21pm
Having read your previous articles, I understand the appeal of Ali to you. The KKK and the Black Muslims have been aligned before. It is their hope to create dissension and hate between the races. Both despise diversity and reconciliation between the races.
Aaron Johnson Added Mar 15, 2017 - 7:23pm
Addressing evil is a question of faith. If you're a Christian, read the Bible and see if you can find scriptures where believers were taught to stereotype and hate each other. Or does it teach us to empathize, love, and care for each other.
Billy Roper Added Mar 15, 2017 - 7:25pm
The video of the interview in question is very funny, and pointed, as he makes the White liberal look silly:

Aaron Johnson Added Mar 15, 2017 - 7:28pm
You're a sharp guy, which makes you dangerous. I do agree that blacks are more reluctant to label their own as being racist, so you won't see many labeling Ali as such. I also believe whites are less reluctant to call their own racist. That's human nature and a flaw that each of us have. We just need to fight those instincts and learn to judge each individually.
The reason why it's hard is because there's just not much interaction between the races. Actually, my belief is racism is less among the more affluent and educated, especially if they live in more integrated neighborhoods. However, the low and moderate income individuals are more likely to be racist because they are more segregated. When you don't interact with people different than you, then you tend to rely on media to shape your image and that can lead to erroneous conclusions.
Billy Roper Added Mar 15, 2017 - 7:33pm
Rich blacks are among the most racist. Sharpton, Jackson, Winfrey. Oprah Winfrey, the wealthiest black person in the world, is virulently anti-White. So, you're wrong there, too.
Aaron Johnson Added Mar 15, 2017 - 7:46pm
Billy, I was mainly referring to whites, not blacks. Now as for pointing out rich black celebrities that are racist, I'm sure they exist just as there are racist rich white celebrities.
Now when blacks speak out against racism, that doesn't necessarily mean they exhibit racist behavior, just as whites complaining that blacks get preferential treatment doesn't automatically make them racist either.
A racist is one who negatively stereotypes another racial group. For instance, there's a video of Ali suggesting that all whites aren't racist. That sounds good, but then proceeds with a rattlesnake analogy, which is as follows:
"There are many white people who mean right and in their hearts wanna do right. If 10,000 snakes were coming down that aisle now, and I had a door that I could shut, and in that 10,000, 1,000 meant right, 1,000 rattlesnakes didn’t want to bite me, I knew they were good... Should I let all these rattlesnakes come down, hoping that that thousand get together and form a shield? Or should I just close the door and stay safe?"
There's no doubt this is racist. It assumes that 90 percent of whites are racist and only 10 percent have good intentions.
We must recognize that people evolve over time. I know Sharpton and Jackson have made racist comments in the past. I haven't followed them recently, so maybe they are still racist. I'm not aware of Oprah being racist, but if you're willing to share a video or article that suggests that, then I'm open to it.
By the way, since we're talking about racism, can we all agree on a definition. For some reason, there's a reluctance to do that. When we can't agree on a definition, it's just hard to have honest conversations on the issue.
Aaron Johnson Added Mar 15, 2017 - 7:52pm

Having said that, it's true that there are instances that a black supervisor could be an oppressor and a white worker was the victim. In that case, I think God would more harshly judge the black supervisor than the white victim. However in most instances, it's the other way around.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 15, 2017 - 8:09pm
"Not that I'm absolving black racists, but let's also remember that when you've been victimized by a dominant racial group over time, it does create some bitterness. That certainly can explain some of it. This is just my opinion, but I believe that God will judge the oppressor of racism more than the victim, meaning that if both exhibit racist thoughts, then God will judge more harshly the oppressor."

This is the inevitable argument when confronted with racism against Whites - "but we (other blacks) have been victims before, so we have an excuse to exercise disparate treatment against Whites, especially White men."  And all of the Black on White crime and Black on Black crime in America - that's also because of invisible White supremacy and oppression of Blacks and other races?  Even if this argument were absolutely valid, why not go back to a country of their native race?  It's a bit different for African Americans because they've been here for so long, but the same logic applies.
Aaron Johnson Added Mar 15, 2017 - 8:24pm
Tom, read it again. I  don't absolve black racists, especially if they used their power to victimize whites.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 15, 2017 - 8:45pm
Aaron, ok I read it again.  It says the same damned thing.
Aaron Johnson Added Mar 15, 2017 - 8:59pm
Did I not say that the black oppressor of a white would be judged more harshly than the white victim?
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 15, 2017 - 9:11pm
Yes, exactly.  Do you mean the opposite?
Aaron Johnson Added Mar 15, 2017 - 9:27pm
No, why would I mean the opposite? That would mean I'm saying it's OK to be racist against whites.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 15, 2017 - 9:30pm
It's that you're assuming the Black oppressor would get harsher treatment, when that is just not the case.  It's an unfair, unfounded presumption that many Blacks cling to because the race/slave card is becoming unplayable.
Michael B. Added Mar 15, 2017 - 10:02pm
Cracker. Faggot. Fascist. Hymie. Recycled White Trash. The best defense is a good offense. Fight fire with fire. Don't chase ambulances when you can own and operate them. Rub it in, hard. Make wild, unsubstantiated accusations about a person's sexuality or their evolutionary status relative to dogs. Not exactly the kind of words or sentiments one would expect to hear from someone whose name starts with "The Reverend," are they?

Sure they are, if your name is The Reverend Al Sharpton, that race-baiting, hate-huckstering, racial ambulance-chasing political piranha that evidently has Slim-Fasted and gastric-banded his way to "respectability." Considering what he has said in public, I can only imagine what he says in private. Does he behave like another black religious/political figure like MLK who insisted that the white whores he fucked call him "nigger" as he fucked them? Who knows. Like all would-be social activists, he's full of hypocrisies and double standards, but at least he's funny. Anyway, here are some select quotes from the anti-racist who proves that anyone can be a racist:

"White folks was in caves while we were building empires…. We taught philosophy and astrology [sic] and mathematics before Socrates and those Greek homos ever got around to it."

"There is a systemic and methodical strategy to eliminate our people from doing business off 125th Street. I want to make it clear … that we will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business."

"What’s wrong with denouncing white interlopers?"

"If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house."

"Do some cracker come and tell you, 'Well my mother and father blood go back to the Mayflower,' you better hold your pocket. That ain't nothing to be proud of, that means their forefathers was crooks."

"We're the black chicken friers of the universe. We gonna go buy some Colonel Sanders chicken. Then the Chinamen comin' and[inaudible] … Koreans sell us watermelons. We eat watermelons all our lives. But they gonna come cut it up, put it in a bucket with a rubber band around it, and we gonna buy it like it's somethin' and we didn't know what it was."

"Cocktail sip Negroes" or "yellow niggers." Sharpton describing blacks close to the Democrats.

I'm sure those intemperate remarks were nothing more than youthful indiscretions, lol.

Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 15, 2017 - 10:17pm
Thanks for those comments, Michael.  Sharpton is a piece of work.  Since he lost weight, sometimes I have trouble differentiating Al Sharpton from Maxine Waters.  They both slur the same garbage anyway so little distinction need be made.
Michael B. Added Mar 15, 2017 - 10:38pm
"Reverend" Sharpton is a scummy ball of sleaze and slime as far as I'm concerned. Fuck that motherfucker and anyone and everyone who adheres to him.
Jenifer Frost Added Mar 16, 2017 - 12:37am
Tom who should I associate with since my mother was white, Scottish heritage, and my father is a black Egyptian? I look like my avatar (minus all the gold jewelry) light black skin with green eyes like my mother. So who is to be "my people" and according to who, you? The Bible or another religious book of a religion I don't believe in?

BTW I'm married to a Japanese man. Our people, beyond our familys, are those who share our interests, not any specific race. And our daughter Nyssa (who is 6) already speaks English and Japanese and is learning martial arts from her father. Mixed race can be strong, smart, and beautiful.
Aaron Johnson Added Mar 16, 2017 - 4:04am
Tom, welcome to the club. I was only stating my ideals, not what happens in the real world. If you think that only blacks get away with racism, you're just being ridiculous.
Billy Roper Added Mar 16, 2017 - 8:44am
"I was only stating my ideals, not what happens in the real world."

Ah, a typical liberal, then. I see.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 16, 2017 - 11:04am
Jenifer, what is a Black Egyptian?  Are there White ones?

First, you shouldn't really be asking me who you should associate with.  But I get your drift, and I'm sure there is a default lineage by biological/anthropological standards that you should cling to.  At the end of the day, you'd classify as non-White, I suppose.  There are a good number of human mutts (humutts) out there, no implicit disrespect intended.  Since you look like that avatar, Jenifer, why not just use your own image anyway?  Seems like a unique look.

That's quite a wide range of heritage you come from.  Which do you identify with most?
Aaron Johnson Added Mar 16, 2017 - 11:24am
Actually, I'm acting atypical and you're the one that's typical. When it comes to race, we're quick to label those that don't look like us as being racist, but ignore those that do.
On the other hand, I acknowledge that Ali, Sharpton, and Jackson have made racist statements. I'll condemn them here. However, are you applying the same standard in labeling racism by blacks the same as labeling racism by whites.
Billy, I'd be interested in you commenting on that. I already know Tom will likely ignore it.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 16, 2017 - 11:31am
Aaron, I don't aim to ignore your comments.  The same standard?  As far as I'm concerned, yes I'm applying the same standards.  Good question.  It's a fine line for many folks to walk - loving your own people but not hating others.  There is a bitterness factor, like you mentioned, but that's where men must rise above emotions and make decisions that benefit the interests of their own people, and if possible without impeding on others.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Mar 16, 2017 - 2:06pm
So far I don't see anything revolutionary in Donnie

Just nominated ANOTHER GoldmanSachs (Goldintheirsacs) exec to Treasury.

New boss same as the old boss.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 16, 2017 - 2:15pm
How do these modern Pharisees manage to enforce world governance?  It's a 21st century Sanhedrin.  This must change.  I guess I better start reading that book you recommended.  What was the title again? " ____ Consequences"?
Dino Manalis Added Mar 16, 2017 - 2:53pm
Muhammed Ali was an American hero, not a radical separatist!
Billy Roper Added Mar 16, 2017 - 3:12pm
Dino, are you deaf and can't listen to the interview, or blind and can't read his rather large lips?
Billy Roper Added Mar 16, 2017 - 3:13pm
Aaron, Of course I don't look at the racial remarks of blacks and Whites equally, I'm a White Nationalist. Duh. You know, just like all of the United States' Founding Fathers.
Aaron Johnson Added Mar 16, 2017 - 4:31pm
As usual, we can't have substantive discussion on race. When we joke about being a white nationalist and talk about loving our race more than mankind, it's hard to find common ground.
Jenifer Frost Added Mar 16, 2017 - 5:17pm
Of course there are white Egyptians, just as there are white South Africans Tom, silly question for you to ask. In any event I identify "most" with my Egyptian ancestors because it matches my religious and cultural beliefs. I'm not ashamed of or negative about my European heritage either though since I'm the product of both. We are the sum of our parts. As for my avatar, I created it, it's a virtual self-portrait, why shouldn't I use it? Anyone can do a selfie, where's the talent or style in that? Besides in art I can add the traditional Kemetian regalia which I'm not wealthy enough to currently own all of.
Leroy Added Mar 16, 2017 - 6:24pm
If America does "balkanize", as Billy predicts.  I too have to wonder to which group my son will belong.  Will he belong to my wife's bunch or mine?  Is it based on skin color, or do we also apply eye shape? Does he divide himself from others based on majority DNA?  I am not sure what the rules are.  Or will he be an "humutt" outcast?  His appearance is more Western, but his temper is more like his mothers--stubborn as can be.  Is temperament a consideration?  How about language?   Will a light skinned black be allowed to hang with whites?  Will black Indian/Austrailian Caucasians be allowed to hang with whites?

When it comes to defining race, the devil is in the details.  Europeans are pretty mixed up.  We like to think as European and Asia as separate continents, but, actually, it is one big land mass.  As a consequence, there is mixing between east and west.  I think that if we all had DNA tests, the idea of race might disappear.  I view it more as culture and I belong to Western culture.  It is a matter of accepting the ideals of a culture.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 16, 2017 - 6:31pm
It sounds like quite the conundrum, figuring out who you are in terms of your spirit and identity.  Not so complicated for me.  I'll say, the image you created seems to represent your identity and beliefs nicely.

My artistry comes in the form of the spoken and written word, not my own self image.  Self presentation matters, but I'm not so vain that I need a glamour image with regalia and jewels.  ;).   If I wanted to show off, I could put up a bare-chested image of myself adorned with Nordic and Germanic runes.  I'm not selling my personal image though.  I seek and teach truth, that's all.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 16, 2017 - 6:32pm
My previous comment was in reply to Jenifer (sorry I did not address the comment by name)
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 16, 2017 - 6:40pm
Leroy,

When it comes to such questions, Billy is probably better suited to answer.  I haven't really thought about how multiracial people would be disseminated in such an event.  That's entirely new ball of wax to melt down but you ask really good questions.  I'm about to binge read 'The Balk' by Billy Roper so perhaps I can answer it better after the fact.  It looks like it might touch on some of those questions.
Jenifer Frost Added Mar 16, 2017 - 6:55pm
I agree with Leroy on this one. It's not easy to categorize us hybrids. I either refuse to answer race questions or answer mixed if applicable. And why so many race questions, especially on government questionnaires if we live in a post racist society?

And Tom I'm not selling my personal image either, that's why I use an avatar of my artwork not a picture of myself. I AM a professional artist, so I do promote my art as a part of myself, which is only logical.

Anyhow I answered my own question as to who I associate with in my first post on this thread (those who share my common interests, not based on race). Balkinization is not happening, not in the United States at least. Don't kid yourself.
Michael B. Added Mar 16, 2017 - 7:18pm
Funny, one time at work, we had some engineers from a Brazilian customer come up to witness some testing we were doing as part of a qualification program for them. They all looked very Caucasian and European. Several weeks later, a couple of our engineers went to their facility for a couple of weeks to finish up the project, and after they returned, they told me that a lot of the people they saw in Brazil looked like a race of Mr. and Mrs. Potato Heads; very strange and bizarre-looking people that were a mashup of several different races, and none of them very pretty. The guys who told me this weren't exactly what I would call racists by any stretch.
Billy Roper Added Mar 17, 2017 - 7:22am
Aaron, Of course we can have a substantive discussion, but no, I wasn't joking about being a White Nationalist. Google me. ;->
Billy Roper Added Mar 17, 2017 - 7:25am
Historically, mixed race persons end up becoming the leaders of their nonWhite admixture people, at least that's been the case with mulattos, both in the U.S. and elsewhere. Having higher IQs than full-blooded blacks as well as being the targets of a love/hate resentment and envy from them create the perfect storm for them. As to others, well, half Asians are usually rejected by Asians and accepted by some Whites, historically. It's likely that form will be followed again, this time.
Billy Roper Added Mar 17, 2017 - 7:28am
Note that mixed race persons or those with mixed race relatives are least likely to admit that balkanization is coming. People who couldn't swim were the last to put on life jackets on board the deck of the Titanic, too. People have a powerful gift of denial, which isn't just a river in Egypt (a civilization founded by Whites, b.t.w.). ;->
Jenifer Frost Added Mar 17, 2017 - 12:57pm
I'll tell you what Billy, if you reach retirement age and balkanization still hasn't happened send me a check for $10,000 for your being wrong. If it does happen I'll send you that equivalent in whatever balkanized state currency of whatever former United States territory you end up in. Deal? BTW I swim just fine.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 17, 2017 - 1:18pm
Good thing you have some European and Egyptian genes...Blacks drown at about 40% higher a rate than other races.  But it sounds like y'all are familiar with the disparity.
Leroy Added Mar 17, 2017 - 1:24pm
"I either refuse to answer race questions or answer mixed if applicable."

That's going to be a tough one.  Asians are discriminated against for college entry.  Whites are demonized and given a back seat.  Maybe, if he feels black that day, he can choose black.  If "Jihadist" was a selection, he would be sure to be accepted.

Recent Articles by Writers Tom C. Purcell follows.