Beyond the Written Word

Just to show the WB crew that I do indeed have the perfect voice and face for print journalism, here's a short clip of a speech I gave at a ShieldWall Network meeting yesterday.

Comments

Leroy Added Mar 19, 2017 - 9:49am
While you appear scholarly, the audio recording doesn't do you justice.
Billy Roper Added Mar 19, 2017 - 11:04am
Is it audible on your device? This was just recorded by an audience member on her Kindle, actually.
Bill H. Added Mar 19, 2017 - 11:35am

The voice and the video are not in sync, possibly due to starting the video 5.3 minutes after the original start.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 19, 2017 - 11:42am
I can't get any audio from the video.
Leroy Added Mar 19, 2017 - 12:09pm
I can hear the audio, but the quality isn't very good and I have difficulty following.  It's difficult to make a quality audio recording it with a Kindle or Smartphone.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 19, 2017 - 12:27pm
Same here.
Billy Roper Added Mar 19, 2017 - 3:18pm
Well, I guess posting the second half of my speech, where I break into a song and dance routine, would be pointless, then. ;->
Leroy Added Mar 19, 2017 - 3:59pm
We could make comparisons to other races, at least the dance part.
Billy Roper Added Mar 19, 2017 - 4:50pm
Oh, the song, too. Subtitle: "Is rap the high point of human culture?"
Leroy Added Mar 19, 2017 - 6:07pm
Seeing your rap would be a sight to see ;-)

I hope that it is swept into the dustbin of history.
Billy Roper Added Mar 20, 2017 - 9:10am
I actually did go to a Halloween party in blackface as a rapper, many years ago. I don't think I have a picture of it any more, but it was at Dr. Pierce's office in West Virginia. I think that would have been 2000, or 2001. It was a lot harder to get off than I had thought it would be. I definitely learned my lesson: it doesn't come off that easily! No wonder people get stereotyped. This meeting Saturday was not a costume event, though.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 20, 2017 - 4:07pm
When I was around 8 or 9 years old and the show 'The A-Team' was the coolest.  So on Halloween I did the blackface thing and wore a Mohawk.  It was a pain to get off!  Lol.  It wasn't worth it at all...got less candy, victimized because of my skin tone.  ;)
Doug Plumb Added Mar 20, 2017 - 7:26pm
Billy, the audio is terrible but I guess you know that. A lapel microphone would fix that. They are cheap. Contrary to popular opinion there is almost no benefit to an expensive microphone over a cheap one. But it is critical to have the right kind. $30 and a bit of wire should do it. You can always add audio to video later.
Jeff Michka Added Apr 16, 2017 - 11:24am
Billy tries to convince: WB crew that I do indeed have the perfect voice and face for print journalism - Yeah, you would make for a real "Apprentice" for PRINT journalism, but then you'd need to write more.

Recent Articles by Writers Billy Roper follows.