RISE UP FROM THAT GRAVE

RISE UP FROM THAT GRAVE

Explosion sounds
only last a seconds long
What ever was
Is now gone

Beetle spit in the grave
Making you so naive
There’s a hole
that knows you
Take that step
You fall threw

Withered flowers fall to the dirt
Oh God I pray
Oh how it hurts

Skinned my knee
Broke my back
She said to me
Did you think this was free
Now

Spirit makes it way
In you
A thousand strong
You can’t be wrong
Shake it off
and go on

In a distance an explosion sound
Another hits the ground
Burnt grass
It won’t last long
It grows back
More strong

But you have to wonder
You have to ask
Why does it always have to be
The hard way

By: Roger Harkness (The Minister Peacefulpoet)
3/24/17

Comments

Ric Wells Added Mar 24, 2017 - 4:21pm
I am speechless my friend. This is wonderful in my opinion. Favorite line is Did you think this was free. Mow. Don't you see. Great emotional imagery.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Mar 25, 2017 - 6:30am
Thanks Ric.  I'm beginning to believe that this Kingdom of Heaven on earth that we're all hoping for and waiting for happens within.  This earth is supposed to be bad, it helps us discover our greatness within.
But - What happens in the spiritual world happens in the physical and vice versus.  There is a connection.  So I shouldn't loose hope.

There was a video I was going to share with you, possibly you have already seen it, but, it had been taken down, hopefully it's posted somewhere else.  This native american chief with one arm tells the story about the sadness of men.  All the animals get together and give man a gift to overcome his sadness.  They are convinced that he will now be happy, but the owl says no.  He sees the hole in man that can never be filled, man is never satisfied.  It was a great story, I can't believe that it was taken down.  If you know of it and can find it, please post the link.
Stephen Hunter Added Mar 25, 2017 - 10:56am
You are so correct MPP. We do get to choose from within our heaven or our inner peace. IF we choose to surrender to the universal calling of our true inner self, which is essentially, 'God'.
Ric Wells Added Mar 25, 2017 - 11:00am
MPP thank you for posting that video link on my article. I had never seen it before but it reminded me of the conversation I had with the 6th generation grandson of Sitting Bull.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Mar 25, 2017 - 12:46pm
Ric - Yes, we do have a hole in us that is never filled.  It's my favorite video because it is so true.

Stephen - I believe that in Genesis where it says that God breathed into us the breath of life.  I believe that the breath of life is a piece of God within us.  This makes us different than all the other animals on the earth.  This is why we are creators.  We create things unlike any other animal on this earth.  Because it has been found that we're not the smartest animal.  But we have this creative spirit that prays to God that no other animal on this earth has.
Stephen Hunter Added Mar 25, 2017 - 1:07pm
Some say we co-create our life with the Creator. Which I tend to prefer, as opposed to "let Jesus take the wheel".
Ric Wells Added Mar 25, 2017 - 2:26pm
Stephen when we pray do to speak we talk with Creator and not to Creator. Huge difference.

Recent Articles by Writers Minister Peaceful Poet follows.