No Patience With Trump-buyer’s Remorse

I got an interesting phone call last night. It was from a guy I know who voted Trump. He runs his own business. He was looking for advice; what could he do, he has two Mexican men working for him. They’ve been in the US for more than 18-years, but are undocumented. “They are hard workers, and terrific guys,” he said, “But now ICE is trying to deport them. What can I do? This is awful.”

I told him I had no patience with folks who voted for Trump now that Trump is doing exactly what he said he’d do if elected. I told him that his two Mexican workers were a drop in the bucket of those facing the same deportation reality. I told him he voted for this, now he’s got it. And that I had no interest in listening to his whining now. And I hung up on him.

And so it begins, the largest wave of buyer’s remorse in the history of mankind. Just wait until these gullible fools see what Trump and his Vichy-Republicans do to their healthcare!

Anyway, it was somewhat reassuring, thought also supremely annoying, to hear from a Trump supporter who is, so to speak, “feeling the burn,” now. May it only get worse … for them.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know…we progressives are being told daily that we are supposed to try “to understand” the Trump demographic. Well, I do. I understand them all too well. They are ignorant of policy, in the information age where ignorance is more a conscious choice than some sociological mishap. They were angry… but about what? That automation and the imperatives of a capitalist system cost them their once high-paying jobs?

And so their solution was to elect a wealthy, 14K gold plated phony, conman with a personality disorder… And now we are supposed to “listen” to them, and show sympathy???

Forget about it. Give it to them with both barrels when they start squealing like rats caught in their own trap. Oh, and do remind them that, besides throwing our entire nation and parts of the planet into turmoil, they also planted the seeds of fascism in our Rose Garden.

Comments

Bill H. Added Mar 31, 2017 - 11:49am
Stephen - It appears that the system is working towards eliminating this "orange bacteria" that has infected us.
I still have faith in our system in that it has in the past, and will self-correct itself and hopefully we will get back on a positive path.
It certainly does appear that even many of the diehard Trump supporters who will be hurt the most are beginning to see that things are not what they were told they would be.
Leroy Added Mar 31, 2017 - 1:00pm
Poor guy.  Now he has to pay fair wages.  Now he has to hire some stupid Americans and pay social security taxes and maybe supply health insurance in order to attract someone to such a crappy job.  Poor guy.  I have so much sympathy.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Apr 1, 2017 - 1:52am
This author is the equivalent of the school yard fat kid running around tweaking kids and then yelling nah nah nah nah nah.
Dave Volek Added Apr 2, 2017 - 9:10am
Stephan: I believe the fault lies with the system, not with a specific person or demographic. I invite you to read "Tiered Democratic Governance" and envision the kind of political leaders that could be elected under this system.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Apr 2, 2017 - 11:31am
The system is great. The electoral college worked and the separate and equal branches is working. Trump notion of a tin pan dictator is being rejected.  The same Supreme Court that banned American from getting their liquor had to reverse itself so Americans could get their liquor.  When the illegal immigrant hater come to realize their now hard to get tato, steak, hog maw, and American Apple depend on the work of the illegal immigrants, all hell will break loose.

Donna Added Apr 3, 2017 - 3:57pm
Stephen,
Good for you! They wanted him, all thought he was going to be some savior that we all needed, well they can have him.I am so sick of listening to those who put him in office now cry the blues, you got what you wanted, now deal with it!
Leroy,
The farmers in my area provide homes, insurance, and pay, they still hire what they can, couldn't tell you if they are legal or not, i do know all pay taxes, including social security. It is not fair to condemn a whole group of people. Most are extremely hard working families.
Gregory S. McNeill Added Apr 3, 2017 - 4:25pm
Stephen, you are 100 percent correct. I have no sympathy for those who voted for Trump. They are getting what they deserve. Everyone had warned those supporters from the Italians who had their own version of Trump to people like us. Trump supporters: You wanted this man who is a sexist, racist, and liar, you are going to have to deal with the consequences.
Stephen Pizzo Added Apr 3, 2017 - 4:36pm
Donna & Gregory, Thanks. We are truly in for an interesting next few months. I doubt very much that Trump will remain in office long. He will do a Sarah Palin and quit when he loses interest in his latest toy, America. He will, like Nixon, leave with a pile of complaints and conspiracy theories to explain what everyone else will see as a massive personal failure. Until then everyone just needs to keep the pressure on him. As you may have noticed, he does not react well to pressure. He will crack.
Dino Manalis Added Apr 3, 2017 - 4:49pm
Only serious criminals should be jailed or deported, other undocumented immigrants ought to pay a penalty and become legal residents.  It would be much better for our country and economy!
Leroy Added Apr 3, 2017 - 5:01pm
One would have to be pretty stupid to vote for Trump and then have regrets when he does what he said he was going to do.  What exactly did he expect to happen?
George N Romey Added Apr 3, 2017 - 5:09pm
Its another sign that the two party system may be on its way out.  Trump making a quick exit will throw the country into chaos.
Louis E Weeks Added Apr 3, 2017 - 5:11pm
Sounds to me like he was really a Hillary Clinton voter, he was directly exploiting illegal aliens for their slave level wages and his ability to take advantage of them because he could just report them if they ever made him angry.

He was definitely never a Conservative.  He must have been one of those Corporate Republicans who was just starting to come around.

Once he gives up his slave labor and hires some actual Americans he will see the new benefits of being legal again.

By the way, you should report your friend for tax evasion, all those years not paying proper employee taxes and such, could see 5 years in prison, give me his name and I'll report him for you, lol.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Apr 3, 2017 - 11:39pm

Nothing worse than a rat. Nothing.
J. Riddle Added Apr 4, 2017 - 12:01am
One should, however, be cautious when pointing the finger at Trump voters. Trump had a hard core of enthusiastic support but those were a minority of even Republicans. In the exit polling, only 16.8% of voters said they "strongly favor" Trump; 15.36% said they voted for him but with reservations, while 12.5% said they were only voting for him because they thought Clinton was worse (low-information voters).
J. Riddle Added Apr 4, 2017 - 12:03am
To be clear, it was certainly never possible to responsibly support Trump--a Trump vote and responsibility are mutually exclusive propositions--but there are degrees of irresponsibility.
Bill H. Added Apr 4, 2017 - 12:47am
Trump is doing exactly as I predicted - attempting to change the system to work in favor of his empire for himself, his children, and his business associates. this is, and will be his only priority.
I believe we are getting close to the point of mass realization of this, and it will be his downfall. I predicted an earlier demise, but it should be over by year's end.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Apr 4, 2017 - 6:55am
Trump has been good for our democracy. I bet that after this, no one will take the vote for granted again.
Louis E Weeks Added Apr 4, 2017 - 8:43am
Riddle,

Exit polls?  Really?  Exit polls assume everyone talking to the interviewer is telling the truth, we all know they do not so there is no reason to give any polling any weight at all in any honest discussion.

We have the votes, that is the true voice of the public, everything else is conjecture at best, flat out lies most likely.  With all the insults being tossed as those who support Trump there is every reason to believe those voting for him would pretend they did not if they were usually Democrat supporters.

Louis E Weeks Added Apr 4, 2017 - 8:45am
Jeffry,

Nothing worse than a rat. Nothing.

Dr. Rupert Green Added Apr 4, 2017 - 9:15am
"How about a child molester Jeffry?  If you knew someone was molesting their 10 year old daughter you would stay silent about it because you believe being a rat is worse?  I bet you would."
@ Lewis the wise one.

Based on your preceding response to the provocateur, should one be discerning of those who throw shit because they are empowered by wallowing in it? How them do we deprive those so inclined of the opportunity to get their jollies from the pained responses of the enlightened?

Louis E Weeks Added Apr 4, 2017 - 9:44am
Green,

No idea what you are trying to say.  You seem to be more interested in attempting to sound superior than to communicate honestly and freely with your fellow man.  If you have something to say, say it, don't dance around it playing childish games.  I am a plain man, I do not play games.

And my name is Louis, not Lewis, you would think someone who is trying to pretend to be so superior and educated could take the time to make sure he spelled a name correctly, lol.

"How them do we deprive"

Did you mean how THEN do we deprive?  You seem to make a lot of mistakes, keep trying though.

Jeffry Gilbert Added Apr 4, 2017 - 9:51am
 I bet you would.

I would remain silent both before and after I tuned him up but good.

Never really on pigs to do what I can do quicker and more effectively.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Apr 4, 2017 - 9:53am
Rely..... Damned autocorrect
Louis E Weeks Added Apr 4, 2017 - 9:57am
Jeffry,

Tune him up?  So you would beat him a little and let him continue his abuse?  The only way to stop it is to send him to prison or kill him, if you are unwilling to do either then you may as well be raping the little girl yourself if you refuse to stop it.

I would never allow it to happen again once I found out about it Jeffry, I place the needs of the defenseless as above my own need to not be called a snitch.  In fact being called a snitch is really just calling someone a concerned citizen willing to stop evil and wrong as they see it, so you can play the childish snitch card if it makes you feel so good.

Jeffry Gilbert Added Apr 4, 2017 - 10:11am
 So you would beat him a little and let him continue his abuse

Just because you are unable to properly address the problem doesn't mean others aren't. I assure you that even if he ever wanted to reoffend he'd be unable after I had a few minutes with him.

Honor isn't childish. Ever. Snitches are dishonorable.
Louis E Weeks Added Apr 4, 2017 - 10:35am
Jeffry,

Sorry bud but if you turn a blind eye you are just as guilty, being silent makes you a coward.  I know you would never even dream of being physical, you are not the type, lol.

You talk big, but I see you for what you really are now Jeffry, more concerned with appearances than integrity, you would be too scared to confront anyone.

Reporting him to police and ending all abuse is the right thing to do, but you claim you would refuse to do the right thing to prevent yourself from being called a snitch?  Nope, you would watch and get off on it, that is why you would never report it.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Apr 4, 2017 - 10:56am
I know you would never even dream of being physical, you are not the type

You don't know me at all. If you did you'd realize how wrong you are about both the feeble attempt above as well as the implication that I'd "enjoy it."

All this to what end? Your damaged jingoism?
Louis E Weeks Added Apr 4, 2017 - 12:21pm
I know the type, nobody willing to actually beat someone to death would ever openly say they would on a public forum, those who do talk big on a forum are just pretending to be big when in real life they are small, sick individuals.

You run your mouth a lot Jeffry, always putting down America and Americans because that is the way a small man attempts to elevate himself, I know you better than you could ever know yourself.  Been dealing with people like you all my life.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Apr 4, 2017 - 12:56pm

You're going to hurt yourself jumping to conclusions. I never said nor inferred I would kill someone. I did say I'd tune him up to where if he ever got the thought again (unlikely) he'd be unable to follow through on that desire. To be able to get a thought he would have to be alive.

Reading comprehension is very important.

Look, I know you're all butt hurt I deride your precious DUHmerica. I get it. Cry me a fuckin' river.

Do NOT accuse me of terrible crimes or of ignoring them or of suborning them. I know we won't have to have this talk again about this subject will we Sport?

I don't need to elevate myself.

As an FNG there are things you haven't had the time to become aware of about me and I'm not of the mind to explain to you. A perusal of my comments will enlighten you as to the reasons.

If you won't accept this you can always meet me any Saturday at 8 AM at the Lumphini Park entrance to Si Lom MRT station. Convenient for you because its just across from both one of the finest hotels in town, the Dusit Thani, and its across the other corner from Chula Hospital. One suggests you book and pay for a med-evac flight before showing. My driver will pick you up and bring you a few short blocks to me. I'll set aside my walker long enough that you'll remember our time together for many years.
Donna Added Apr 4, 2017 - 3:02pm
Louis, You say you know the type, when it comes to Jeffry. What type are you referring to? Do you even know why he views this country the way he does? Have you bothered to ask why he feels the way he does?
I am not speaking for him, but i will speak for a few of my dads friends that left here in the early 70's and would never step foot back here, want to know?? Vietnam!! What some men saw was amazing, disgusting,disturbing, and totally not how it should have been,then they came home to a country who didn't want them and had no clue what to do in ANY way to help them. So before one condemns someone, please at the least take a look around and see why and how they are the way they are..Life has a way of really taking one down, i see no need for us to do the same  )0(
Jeffry Gilbert Added Apr 4, 2017 - 3:35pm
Thanks Donna. I'm too young by a couple years to have gone to Vietnam. He doesn't want to know. He's just butt hurt I slag DUHmerica and he's stirring the pot. My all time favorite watering hole was until recently populated by real life hot shit heroes who would never have considered returning either. Lots of reasons out there. All of them valid.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Apr 4, 2017 - 3:43pm
@Louis, sorry I butchered your name. I have a soft touch keyboard, speak and type, auto correct, and a hurting finger that is messing my writings up. Yes, I was pussyfooting as to what I wanted to say. But because I was not clear, you felt for a Jeffry in your extenive debte with him.
Donna Added Apr 4, 2017 - 3:54pm
Jeffry i honestly didn't think you was as old as my dad, wasn't quite sure how old, and find it disrespectful to ask, just thought maybe one would look around before saying things, it seems at times you get attacked for simply saying Duh America. LOL First amendment to all who preach the founders..you are entitled to any opinion and to voice it.. )0(
George N Romey Added Apr 4, 2017 - 4:19pm
Men like Jeffry saw the current Bush/Obama/Trump economy coming well before anyone else.  They were the people being laughed at in the 00s for being Cassandras.  Turns out they knew what they were talking about.
Leroy Added Apr 4, 2017 - 8:04pm
You have to live outside America for a while to realize what a police state it has become.  Other than the internet, I felt freer in China.
Patrick Writes Added Apr 5, 2017 - 1:25am
Is this for real? It seems made up. If there one 1 issue, one issue that you'd have to live under a rock not to know about Trump, it was his Great Wall and his hatred for undocumented immigrants who came from Mexico. You're telling me a small business owner (someone who's of average or greater intelligence) who employs illegal immigrants would not be aware of Trump's desire to deport them?????

My opinion is, would the author have preferred to send his kids or friend's kids to fight against Russia in Syria (which is already effectively over due to Trump's election)?
Louis E Weeks Added Apr 5, 2017 - 9:02am
Jeffry,

First of all, I could not possibly care less about you hating on America and Americans, I have been involved in certain Liberal circles as founding members of the Huffington post that started out as a great freedom of speech hangout and transformed into a radical left America hating cesspool where censorship was openly practiced to silence those who were too effective at showing them how sick they had become.

I look at what you post and you seem a coward, like here claiming reporting a crime makes you a snitch as if protecting a certain kind of image was more important than society.

So I of course took it to the next step and asked if you would report a child rapist and you of course fell for the trap and said no.  But then you did the typical coward game of claiming you were some kind of closet bad ass and would go beat him to death instead and when I called you out on that lie you decided to invite me to a fight?

When you know I live in America and you live who knows where, I asked you where you live and you have dodged that question two times now so clearly you are just a faceless coward hiding behind the safety of your keyboard.  I have been dealing with you cowards all my life talking large on the internet and never having any real integrity or guts in real life.

So keep running your mouth, that is all you have ever done and all you will ever do, lol.

Louis E Weeks Added Apr 5, 2017 - 9:11am
Donna,

I have not been here very long but in my short time here I have seen most of the things Jeffry posts is childish troll commentary, if there is more to him I am here and ready to see it but so far nothing.  I even asked him where he currently lives and he refused to answer twice then attacked me on a personal level just for asking.

I was curious because all he does all day is attack America and Americans so I was looking for context from his perspective.  My next question was to ask him why he is so angry with Americans but we never got that far, so I have tried to get to know him but all he has is hate in his heart so how do I get past that?

I am sure he does feel justified in his hate, but just because he "feels" justified does not mean he is justified.

My father and Uncle both served in Vietnam, one could talk about it, the other could not.  I agree many things can happen to a person to taint their perspective on the world or their Country.  Some of it justified, some of it not.

Whatever happened to Jeffry I am sure it was traumatic to him, I do not hate him or anything, remember he just threatened me even though he knew I could never find him to actually take him up on his pretended desire to fight me.  In fact the only emotion I may have for Jeffry is pity, because he is clearly suffering inside, and this internet trolling seems to be the only thing he has as an outlet for his hate.
Louis E Weeks Added Apr 5, 2017 - 9:13am
Green,
I was just calling Jeffry out on his bullshit, no rational human being believes you never report any crime, he makes those comments for attention and to play the troll.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Apr 5, 2017 - 9:48am
I asked you where you live and you have dodged that question two times now

Pay attention. I haven't dodged your question. Rather, in this thread I gave you several clues that you're apparently too stupid and/or lazy to google for yourself. Lumphini Park entrance to Si Lom MRT station DUH!

Accusing me of horrific crimes is NOT the way to get past it.

Again were you not so lazy you'd take the time to read my comments or at least scan them to learn who I am. I have nothing to hide and hide nothing. (Pro Hint: I'm too near death to give a fuck what opinion anyone, especially the likes of you, holds).

does not mean he is justified.

I am justified. I don't have to prove a fucking thing to you.

no rational human being believes you never report any crime

Perhaps in your statist copsucker world. In the real world its common knowledge the cops are the sworn enemy of the people.
Louis E Weeks Added Apr 5, 2017 - 10:38am
Jeffry,

Asking to meet in a public place somewhere is not where you live, and being as you are so dishonest and playing the troll there is no reason to believe you even told the truth about that, and how in the hell would I know where that is without a Google search?  You are not important enough for me to Google it, either you answer where you you do not.

I live in Florida, would gladly give you the address if you wanted to some for a visit, lol.

I never accused you of any crime, you are a liar.

You are near death?  But also picking fights with people on the internet?  Seems like a lie to me designed to get more pity.  I already pity you because clearly this is the only way you can address your demons, I will not however give you pity for something that seems to be a lie used to manipulate and get sympathy.

In fact, you most likely pretend to be dying so people with pity you and ignore your troll behaviors.

Are you justified?  We all look at the world through our own colored glasses, I am sure you think you are justified but lots of people endure bad things but do not blame all Americans for their problems.

Sorry buddy but that is a lie, all cops are not bad or evil, they make a society possible, no society can exist without laws and no legal system can exist without an enforcement arm, I am sure whatever armpit society you have run to has some form of police, you most likely went to one where you can bribe them so you can do the things not acceptable in American society.

Jeffry, let me give you a little insight into my world view so maybe you will understand me better:

At a very young age I learned that there really were monsters in the world, a girl I went to school with, had even went to her home and played with her a couple times as our mothers discussed school issues was the final victim of a guy named Ted Bundy.  The sorts of things Ted Bundy did to that little girl can't be discussed in polite society.  We pretend like those people do not exist and leave it to the police to deal with that reality so we do not have to.  We get all upset and act shocked when one of those stories hit the news but outside of that we simply pretend as if that world does not exist.

I have been in law enforcement Jeffry, I have seen mothers shoot their infants up with Heroin and kill them, I have seen parents starve and beat their kids or lock them up in tiny cages.  I have seen drug dealers selling their poison to pregnant women, I have seen people kill each other over nothing at all Jeffry.  You think you have the exclusive right to seeing and enduring pain?

No, cops are not the enemy, unless you are one of those who prey on humanity, if you are that kind of person Jeffry then yes, I can see why you would see police as the enemy.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Apr 5, 2017 - 10:58am
I have been in law enforcement Jeffry

Pretty fucking obvious.

The only good cop has its brains splattered across the front seat of its cop car. Once a cop always a cop. Cops aren't even human as to even want to be a cop proves you have defective DNA.

For over thirty five years I have successfully lived outside DUHmerica without a single incident with cops. Were I all the awful things you accuse me of I'd have been in lots of trouble with the law on four continents.

Fuck you cop, you copsuckers twice tried to murder my grandfather for organizing a union, broke into my mother's business and threatened her repeatedly, raped my sister with a night stick on May 4, 1970, lied to cover it up, beat me badly for trying to defend her cracking my skull and breaking my ribs rupturing my spleen and bladder, lied with false charges against me that were later dropped and not one of you scum sucking rat fuck rat bastard lying larcenous murdering POS mutherfucking pigs ever suffered a second for it.

Fuck you cop. Fuck your demon spawn and every mutherfucker that ever liked you.
Louis E Weeks Added Apr 5, 2017 - 11:24am
The only good cop has its brains splattered across the front seat of its cop car. ~ Jeffry Gilbert

Well even if a few cops did wrong, does that mean all cops are bad?  If I get robbed by a Black man does that mean "ALL" Blacks are robbers?  If a Muslim blows up a school bus does that mean "ALL" Muslims are terrorists?

How about plumbers Jeffry?  If a group of plumbers attacked you would you assume "ALL" plumbers were evil and out to get you?

I do not know if your claims are true, considering all the other lies and troll like behaviors you have expressed I seriously doubt they are true though, you are simply a dishonest person, and one lie leads to two lies leads to ten lies and then a lifetime of lies.

What seems more likely is the Union activity you mention way back then involved organized crime and your Grandfather was a gangster or a wannabe gangster anyway and cops back then were less patient and sometimes "dealt with" criminals even if they could not get hard evidence against them.  Still wrong, I would never justify that sort of thing, but it makes more sense than your claim they just went after your family for no reason at all, there is always a reason.  Maybe not a good reason, but still a reason.

But let me say this, if you really were the "bad ass" you claim to be, why would you let the cop get away with raping your sister with a night stick?  No man would do that to my sister and live, I guess you are not the bad ass you pretend to be?
Jeffry Gilbert Added Apr 5, 2017 - 11:34am
No man would do that to my sister and live

I was 15. I was 5'11" and 160 lbs. Had I already grown into my 6'5" and 287 lbs both the cop and I would be dead. Him justifiably, me murdered by the state for killing him. He was killed by a drunk driver two years later.

The rest of your putrid cop psychology is simply disgusting.

I guess you are not the bad ass you pretend to be?

Come and find out pig.

Louis E Weeks Added Apr 5, 2017 - 11:50am
Jeffry,

I am sure your Gangster Grandfather or someone else would have had a gun you could have used, turns out you were a coward your entire life, not just today.

And if you want to have some kind of violent meeting then it is up to you to come see me, I do not invest my emotions to strangers on the internet, if you are getting all emotional and Butt hurt it is up to you to do something about it, not me snowflake, lol.

But you are all mouth and zero substance.  All cowards like you play big on the internet.  I walked in the open facing true bad asses Jeffry, I could have been creeped and killed any day and still I was there doing the job, you run off to hide in a 3rd world country, you are nothing.

And let me assure you, a few tried, and they failed.  You better hope that if you do grow a pair you fare better than those who came before you, lol.
Mike Haluska Added Apr 6, 2017 - 2:45pm
Tell your friend that his guys will soon be able to register and get work visas.  The Trump Administration is NOT interested in deporting self reliant, honest, law abiding immigrants - despite the hysteria of the Left!
Mike Haluska Added Apr 6, 2017 - 2:48pm
What we should be worried about is over 10 million good paying construction jobs that contractors are unable to fill while able bodied Americans accept welfare entitlements.  When my grandparents immigrated to the US, they never thought that an ass-breaking, dangerous job in the steel mill wasn't "beneath" them!!!