INTELLIGENCE FOR THE UNINTELLIGENT – AND BANNON

We are closing in on three months of Trump-o-Matic. It has been a wild and crazy ride.  Crisis, to calamity, catastrophe to cataclysm. Except instead of the fascist state we feared, we got the Keystone Kops. Which we did not expect.

As we  spend our energy trying to dethrone the morons, I want to believe someone is paying attention to the briefings Trump-o-Matic ignores. I read somewhere today he wants to get “raw” briefings. That would be raw intelligence data which hasn’t passed through any intelligence agencies for analysis. If you think his inability to read a piece of legislation is a hoot, think how boisterously merry we’ll feel when he tries to wend he way through raw intelligence briefings. Yes, I know he won’t do it himself. So let me rephrase it: what do you think Bannon will do with those raw briefings? Shiver me timbers, what a terrible idea.

NOTE: In a developing story happening now (April 5, 2017), Bannon has been removed as the White House chief strategist and removed from the National Security Council. This restores the director of national intelligence, CIA director, and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to full participation on the NSC’s inner circle, its principals committee. It doesn’t mean Bannon is “out” … but no one seems to know exactly what is going on.

We will have to check back with sources and see how this develops. Mildly encouraging, don’t you think? Even if he is still part of Trump’s “team,” at least he isn’t going to decide on whether or not we push a button and nuke the world.

Trump-o-Matic managed to get elected, yet he is so incompetent he has been unable to cobble together a cabinet or a viable piece of legislation. We didn’t get the awful “version” of healthcare because his own party hated it. Well, to be fair, everyone hated it. It also turned out trying to strong-arm his party from far right to center didn’t work. I cannot begin to say how happy I am about that.

Considering one thing and another, I’m currently more worried about how much damage he will do to our environment than how many bills he’ll push through congress. You can undo a piece of legislation, but a polluted aquifer is forever.

TO DATE?

He tried to declare the constitution obsolete and invalid. His followers cried Lock them up! Shoot them down! Ban them! We said: “Can he do that?” We thought he could.

It turned out, he couldn’t. The judicial system worked. Who knew? I’m always surprised when something works. Call me a skeptic. Overall, the system worked better than I expected. It hasn’t (yet) made Trump-o-Matic and his disgusting cronies disappear (which would be my best choice), but it has made them less terrifying and far funnier.

You know how you laugh hysterically when a thing isn’t really funny but it’s too awful to think about — so what can you do but laugh? That is our government. It is so disgusting and so far off the deep end of reality or surrealism, if you can’t laugh you’d have to hide under the bed until we turn this thing around. I seriously considered the whole hiding thing, but I’m too old. Under or over my bed, this is my life. I want to live it. Even with Trump-o-Matic in power.

Know that if Trump-o-Matic were even nominally more capable (and literate), he could have bullied his way into something like a dictatorship. Instead, he’s powering his way to an insane anarchy and utter chaos. I wouldn’t mind because sometimes, madness works for me. Except not all the folks in the “rest of the world” are USA-friendly. I am not a subscriber to believing everyone is out to get us, but some groups are out to get us.

While Trump-o-Matic is worrying about blocking Mexican immigrants and stealing the remaining few dollars left to the poor, the real bad guys are having their own bout of hilarity. Assuming those guys know how to laugh.

We have a president who can’t read briefings. He has no understanding of how anything — including the military — works. So, who’s on guard? Who is on the ramparts?

Meanwhile, back at the White House, they want raw intelligence data briefings. Yeah. That’s what I think too.

Comments

Srendipity Added Apr 21, 2017 - 8:09am
Thanks for the reblog!
Bill H. Added Apr 21, 2017 - 10:50am
Good one Sr-
Get ready for the backlash of the WB Trumpetts!
Billy Roper Added Apr 21, 2017 - 10:54am
No, Bill, I think they'll just let this far-left piece of unintelligent drivel stand on its own, as they usually do with your liberal nonsense.
George N Romey Added Apr 21, 2017 - 10:59am
Trump first 100 days has been a disaster.  He promised immediate movements on better jobs and the economy and so far nothing.  More to the point he hasn't moved Congress off its stated position of doing nothing because their big money donors want nothing done.

Maybe Trump will get his footing but for now the man is lost.  The neocons are taking a bite out of his ass, ditto for the far left and the far right. The man has very, very few friends in town.  Even less than Obama when he came into office clueless and naïve.
Dino Manalis Added Apr 21, 2017 - 11:23am
Trump should focus on the economy with business tax cuts as soon as possible to improve economic conditions, while the National Security Council ought to become a dream team with professionals, like Colin Powell and Condi Rice.
Srendipity Added Apr 21, 2017 - 11:26am
I originally hoped he would turn out to be better than he seemed. Nope. Now, I can hope he doesn't do as much damage as he might. If he doesn't get us into a major war and leaves us some clean water to drink, I'll feel we came out of this lucky.
Clueless, lost, and so busy rattling sabers ... I don't think he has any thought-out plans. Nothing. I'd like to come out of this alive!
Leroy Added Apr 21, 2017 - 11:31am
He got his supreme court justice pick.  The Democrats were powerless to derail it.  In fact, the Democrats set the stage for a straight up vote for all judicial appointments.    This will prove a crushing blow to liberals.

If he accomplishes only this, it will be sufficient.
Srendipity Added Apr 21, 2017 - 11:32am
I was hoping to follow comments, but I don't understand the format here, so I can't seem to interject a comment in the right location! Sorry. https://teepee12.com/2017/04/05/intelligence-for-the-unintelligent/ if you bounce to my own site, I can respond more effectively. I'm missing something here!
Bill H. Added Apr 21, 2017 - 11:36am

Trump will work to maneuver the system to the advantage of his empire and the fortunes of those who are the backbone of his operations.
I stated this the minute I saw that he became a candidate. It has constantly been proven since he was elected.
It will continue until he is removed. In the mean time, everyone (especially his most dedicated supporters) will suffer and wonder why their boy turned against them.
Srendipity Added Apr 21, 2017 - 12:14pm
I wish I could figure out the comments here. It would make this easier.
It's obvious Trump is not going to turn around and become a "real" president. Meanwhile, the whole "straight up, straight down" vote for judges can easily turn around and bite the GOP in the butt. This is a Pyrrhic victory.
They won't be in power for all eternity. A few years, hopefully not many. After which, they will start whining -- again.
I feel obliged to point out that this piece was not a research piece. And wasn't written for this platform. It's how we feel here, based on what we see.
Are we liberal? Yup. Are we going to stay that way? Yup. Have we ever been any OTHER way? Nope. For all that, we had at least a bottom line of respect for previous presidents -- of either party.
The Bush's were not our favorite guys, but we didn't doubt they were Americans and trying to do what was right. We don't see that today.
Is this an AMERICAN president? Or someone else's? Does this person and his pals have any regard for us, the people he is supposed to serve?
I don't see that. Talk about sad. That's about as sad as it gets.
Srendipity Added Apr 21, 2017 - 12:54pm
Bill H: I kind of disliked him always, but I didn't take him for the moron he seems to have turned out to be. Before this, he was a jerk, but he wasn't stupid. Either this is some weird game he's playing with us, or he really IS mentally ill. Dementia? We all know about the narcissism, but that's hardly a rarity in politics.
He may be turning the financial end of this to his and his friends' gain, but I don't think (I fondly hope) this isn't going to be a permanent situation. There's so much pressure on the administration -- between Russia and financial collusion and so many levels in between.
As Watergate wore down Nixon, this will wear down this administration. They believe we'll just forget about it. We won't forget.
I have trouble understanding why ANYONE who wasn't already rich could possibly believe that this person was going to help THEM. He's never helped ANYONE outside his immediate family. Not a real "helpful" guy.
Srendipity Added Apr 21, 2017 - 1:06pm
Dino Manalis:  I see no evidence that this administration has any kind of economic plan or program. This admin's "plans" are a pile of broken ideas, tossed on the floor like broken pieces from a toddler's toy chest. We begged for DETAILS and PLANS. It wasn't only because we don't like him (hough we don't). It was to find out if he actually HAS plans that might conceivably improve life in these United States.
Don't expect an economic plan. There is none. If he tried to push one through, it will be just like the so-called "health care" disaster. A big pile of nothing.
------------------------------->
I do believe we are entitled to nationally funded basics. We pay taxes. We should be able to go to a doctor when we are sick. No one should be dying because they can't go.
Shame on us.
Social Security? Do you KNOW how much money I socked into that plan? It will be a miracle if I live long enough to get half of it back. When you PAY INTO A PLAN, it's not an entitlement. You should get back what you paid for.
We also should be able to get -- you know -- paved roads. Decent schools. Police protection that isn't brutality incarnate. Life should be getting BETTER, not worse.
George N Romey Added Apr 21, 2017 - 1:32pm
I would be assumed with this entire political conversation if I and many Americans like me were not suffering untold economic horror. If the elites (financial, corporate, health insurance/health care, military, plutocrats) wanted tax reform we would have had tax reform a long time ago.  If they wanted an infrastructure program large enough and well managed properly to return every man and woman to a decent full time job (adding in the impact of the velocity of money), we'd have it.  If they wanted us out of the Middle East years ago to save the approaching $7 trillion wasted there that would have occurred.  If they wanted our healthcare system fixed it would be a done deal.

The truth is a rigged tax system, a growing impoverished workforce and endless wars and conflicts, and a high cost/low value healthcare system are doing just fine by them.  Since they control the political process lock, stock and barrel the two party will never pass legislation for any of these things and others to happen.

Now, the dirty secret is this is all part of a massive and unsustainable bubble ready to burst.  And its the mother of all bubbles.  The smart ones see the implosion coming and have built super homes on remote islands and invested in hard currency.  The dumb ones, most of those residing in the bubble continue to live large on their paper wealth clueless to the economic axe about ready to chop of their head.

Possibly, we could change the system by voting Independents into national office but that would take 8-12 years to effect change. That is time we no longer have.

The next meltdown will be 1930s style or probably worse. The damage will be tens of trillions not just a few trillions that can be bailed out or digitized away.  Central Banks might not be able to contain the disaster next time and what will happen if bailouts go into the multi trillions?  More so in Europe than the US social upheaval will occur. Too many Americans are so lost its incredible to contemplate.

Central Banks might call on the IMF for funding.  However, the IMF will move too slow weighted down by a Central Bank trying to suckle on its every teat.  In the meantime asset prices will nosedive and the great downsizing will occur.  Downsizing will lead to more downsizing.  Large multinational corporations will end up in size where they were decades ago.  The toll on ordinary citizens will be striking and ugly.

Assuming the human race avoids a nuclear conflict, there will be an eventual rebirth of entrepreneurship and commerce.  The hard lessons of unfettered profit and excess will be learned and business will take into account the needs of market demand. That is until a few generations later the lessons are forgotten and the human spirit of unbridled greed takes over again.

So your arguments of HRC or Donald Trump are futile.  The elites are commanding this show and the show is going right into the sewer.
Srendipity Added Apr 21, 2017 - 1:47pm
The world has turned a few times. We have moved into "anything can happen" mode. There's no friendly island waiting for us out there. We live and die in this modest house in a small country town. We have gone as far as we will go. Age happens if you don't die first.

Will that gigantic bubble burst soon? If we don't wind up glowing with radioactivity or bombed flat? No idea. Glad we are retired.

I'm not arguing for anyone or any candidate. I have a vain hope we might all go for a level of sanity. Maybe a hint of kindness and a dollop of generosity. We are on the edge of calamity, but it isn't beyond belief that we could pull back, if the powers that be decided to so do.

The big money makers are on a mad course to suck up every good thing on earth and spit it out as profit. What can they possibly DO with all that money? They too will die. Maybe we have to explode before we recognize this life is unmanageable. I don't know. I'm past answers.
George N Romey Added Apr 21, 2017 - 1:52pm
Sadly too many Americans can't see the writing on the wall. Its the fault of the other political party, or the blacks, or the Jews, or the foreigners-you name it.  Meanwhile the elites rob us blind. I wish I was retired. I'd spend my day leisurely grateful for the fact that at least I lived most of my life in relatively good times. But I'm 57, too young retire too old to this thing through.  No wonder the suicide rate and death from opiates is soaring for age 50-65.
Srendipity Added Apr 21, 2017 - 2:26pm
We are retired and glad of it. My husband was a reporter for a big TV station in Boston for more than 30 years. Every night, we watch as much of the news as we can stomach and he looks skyward and says: "Thank GOD I'm not still working."
Retired is better than working, but we are poor. Pensions aren't what they should be. Neither is social security. Medical care comes at a price and you need more medical care as you age. And of course, fixed income gets smaller each year and will NEVER grow. There are no raises for the elderly.
This country does not treat older people as "real" citizens. We are waste, leftovers from a working force. It's still better than battling to survive out there. It's an ugly world.
George N Romey Added Apr 21, 2017 - 2:32pm
I am 57 and have been unemployed or grossly underemployed for the past four years.  I hear you.  We are not an anomaly by any means.  There are millions of us, either impoverished despite our skills, background, abilities and education or trying to eek it out on a meager retirement.  Many pension plans are vastly underfunded and eventually will go bust. Ditto 401K plans.  Those age 50-65 have no means to support themselves unless they can live on a sole spouse income.  Many do and its not easy.  The human toll I've seen makes me break down and cry.

And where are our public and private leaders in this crisis?  Nowhere.  In fact its by design.  Its the Final Solution 2.0. The goal is to have as many people possible self abort before retirement so there is no need to take care of them.  We might not have Hitler but his spirit is alive and well in the US economy.
Srendipity Added Apr 21, 2017 - 2:34pm
My son and granddaughter struggle to merely survive. It's heartbreaking.
Micahel Dolan Added Apr 21, 2017 - 3:07pm
A real president. Hussein Obama I guess is considered a Great President. Trump is not a real President, I agree, Trump is not a person who will become the usual useless president that Hussein Obama was. Hussein Obama aided and aided his pals giving them nuclear weapons-$Billion to Iranian Lunatics. Obama aided and aided the Castro Brothers. Hitler, how pathetic are all the Trump haters.
Hillary lost-lost because she is incompetent and a pathological liar.President Trump will do great things for the people it will not be easy. The Establishment corrupt politicians from both party's fear him, they see a man who will upset their corruption.
mark henry smith Added Apr 21, 2017 - 3:07pm
Srendipity, I think people have given Trump too much credit, both his supporters and his detractors. I wrote repeatedly in the period leading up to the vote that one of the saving graces of American politics is that things happen slowly. It is also one of the tragedies of our economic system. Yeah, you want to end the petroleum-auto industry-military control of our government, and develop a sane alternative? Good luck with that. Remember the peace dividend after the break-up of the Soviet Union? Remember cars having MPG of 50? Remember the promise of green energy?

We could not continue the way we were going, what Clinton would have done, more of the same. What we got is Trump, more of the same on steroids. It's no different than the run up to the Iraq war when all kinds of fake reports were presented as factual and read into the record on capital hill. Our system is crazy, has been crazy since Andrew Jackson decided that the Cherokee had to go despite their willingness to abide by the treaties they signed, despite the Supreme Court's ruling that he had no authority to remove them. What does law mean, our word mean, civility mean if it has no merit in the hearts of men? If because we have power we believe we can run roughshod over anyone who gets in our way?

Trump has done this his entire time in business, run roughshod over anybody who got in his way, using his wealth and influence to buy the right people. He bought the votes of the angry Americans by pummeling them with messages of hate and promise. Turns out he's not going to give them either. He'll just use the office to do what he's always done, feather his nest and then he'll disappear into the urinal of history, like Bush 2.

Tell your children, your friends, everyone you know not to despair. Times are tough right now as wealth flows up an ever ascending sluice of economic disparity, but gravity has a way of making such situations short-lived. Trump is the instrument for that change.
George N Romey Added Apr 21, 2017 - 3:17pm
I agree Mark Trump will be the wake up call that the system is beyond repair.  In the absence of true leaders and problem solvers you get con artists, charlatans, carnival barkers, and hucksters. This time is no different.
Srendipity Added Apr 21, 2017 - 3:30pm
mark henry smith: I have written the same thing myself. What worries me is not legislation -- which aside from the significant hit our ecology is going to take (you don't NEED legislation for that!), is all the war rattling. We do not need a war. Especially not THIS war. We aren't despairing, but all this posturing with nuclear weapons give me a migraine to beat the band!

Micahel Dolan: Let me know when one of the great things happens. I would be delighted to see it. In the meantime, excuse me while I do not hold my breath.

George N Romey: I think Trump IS a wake-up call. I would have preferred someone else, but this kind of thing is usually something nasty. Even the newspapers are back in business. We got a Sunday Globe this week that was like the old days. A full sized newspaper for the first time in a couple of years. That's huge.
People are WRITING and others are (gasp) READING.
Bill H. Added Apr 21, 2017 - 4:11pm
Trumps greatest talent is that he was able to convince a large group of people in this country by using the "macho", bully, hand-waving, voice-inflected techniques similar to those guys you see on Championship Wrestling. Many of them still believe what they were told.
The light at the end of the tunnel is that maybe this is what it takes to wake up the country and get it reunited again. Hopefully this will help generate a new party that will actually work for the people that it is supposed to serve in the first place and not sell out to Big Oil, Big Pharma, Big Insurance, and Big Data, or the betterment of one's own empire leaving most of us treading water just to stay above the poverty level.
Srendipity Added Apr 21, 2017 - 4:36pm
We could use a party that isn't locked into a dead tradition. After HRC threw the election, I figured the Dems would pop up with new minds, new people, new ideas. They haven't, at least not yet and I despair of them ever getting past shooting themselves in their various feet. Meanwhile, the GOP is so deep in their own muddy trench, I don't know if they can ever pull themselves out.

It's going to take something fresh with the best interests of real, live people on its agenda. Right now, it seems to me that they are all up to their chins in personal agendas on which I have no place. Parties have formed and reformed more than a few times in our short history. I can only hope we do it again, but better. Intelligent. Inclusive. Happily diverse. Knowledgeable. And genuinely democratic!
George N Romey Added Apr 21, 2017 - 5:30pm
Srendipity it would take 6-8 years at least to get the old guard out of power.  The US nor the world for that matter economically doesn't have that much time.  The greatest of fake wealth and asset bubbles has formed and it will soon pop.  There will be a grand attempt again to bail out the big money class and make them whole within months.  The question is can the Fed and other world Central Banks digitize tens if not hundreds of trillions to make the offending parties back to good?  I doubt it.  Next time will mean revolution.
Micahel Dolan Added Apr 21, 2017 - 5:49pm
Trump is not a politician. America has fallen and those responsible are the politicians, politicians in every city-town and state. Trump knows many many politicians has dealt with them often, he knows corruption in government happens everyday. The Outsider is the enemy to the weasels in office.
Bill H. Added Apr 21, 2017 - 5:58pm
Trump may not be a "politician", but he has to work within a group that owes the Big Corporations that presently control the government. This will also easily allow him to increase his fortunes and his empire.
The driving force is obvious.
Srendipity Added Apr 21, 2017 - 6:06pm
Yes. The same old driving force that has been driving the world forever. Money. Power is good, but mostly, money.
Bill H. Added Apr 21, 2017 - 7:59pm
And ironically, we continue to elect these people, expecting them to improve our lives.
Having friends who live in Switzerland, Germany, and New Zealand, I wish we had just a taste of what they tell me about their governments. I always hear from them that they feel sorry for us and wish us well because they believe that the citizens of the United States are good people, but their leaders always suck the big one.
I can't agree more!
Srendipity Added Apr 21, 2017 - 8:04pm
I have a lot of blogger friends and it isn't quite that rosy. Especially Australia having similar problems. This IS a worldwide problem. It's like a rash. It keeps itching and spreading.
Bill H. Added Apr 21, 2017 - 8:18pm
Well, maybe we are all doomed in the end.
I suggest that we all get off our dead asses and demand change.
Or we can just sit back and let our computers and devices tell us what to do.
And guess who controls this medium? You guessed it, the corporations who digitally control us.
Sucks, don't it?
Time is running out, folks.
George N Romey Added Apr 21, 2017 - 8:29pm
Unfortunately only a mad war or an economic meltdown beyond imagination will take out the elite state. Too many Americans still stand behind "Rs" or "Ds" and think somehow they will effect change.  The problem is that the US doesn't have 8 years to vote the two party system away.
Srendipity Added Apr 21, 2017 - 8:30pm
Well, at the risk of sounding old, we ARE old, or at least old enough to know that this time around, it's time for those younger than us to pull their weight. I can write. Garry (my husband) writes. In fact, there are five writers on my site and we ALL do the best we can, but the marching and the rest of it? We've done our parts. More than. Now, we write. We tell the truth to the extent that we can. That's what we can do.
George N Romey Added Apr 21, 2017 - 8:34pm
Telling the economic, political, military and social truth needs to occur on a massive scale.  It will be the only way to defeat the narratives put out by the corporate, financial and political elitist state.  Too many people buy their propaganda without hesitation.  Just look at what people post here on WB.
Srendipity Added Apr 21, 2017 - 8:39pm
I'm not arguing that point. I agree. But I'm 70 with a big time heart issue and my husband is 75. We have a reality. There are no more marches in us. As I said: we write.
Bill H. Added Apr 21, 2017 - 10:33pm
If we all just sit back and let computer algorithms and polarized media control our lives and thinking, then we rightly deserve to become extinct.
John G Added Apr 22, 2017 - 1:06am
George N Romey
Central Banks might call on the IMF for funding.
Which central banks and why?
Central banks don't go the IMF for their own currency. They go there to get SDRs (the only credit the IMF can create) to exchange for foreign currency.
Peter Gillespie Added Apr 22, 2017 - 5:11am
Whatever your "happy-chance-encounter" may have been, I do not think it was a reading in the social history of the United States. As many have written here and elsewhere, America has a congenital inability to think "long term". Our country has been assembled out of its many pieces in a "laissezfaire" manner according to "get-rich-quick" mentality. This has been the case from even before the dispossession of the Cherokees or the most recent evidence of our disregard for human rights (the North-Dakota-Access pipeline).

Republican leadership has cultivated and "grown this conservative cancer" from a small core of Congressional ultra-conservatives concerned with the legitimacy of "big government" and the New Deal stimulus and redistribution programs and determined to roll back the social problems necessary to accommodate the needs of "human development" to laissezfaire economics.

The "New Deal" was our social revolution. The discontent that had been simmering in the public conscience since the days of the "Robber Barons", the "Panic of 1893" and the brutal suppression of labor movements was finally addressed as a matter of circumstance in the Roosevelt administration. The solution was called by Roosevelt and his supporters, the "New Deal".

The social costs of failure to anticipate social disruption along with the unavoidable realization that markets could not be counted upon to self-regulate, led to massive growth in Federal Government stimulus spending in the 1930s and inevitably, with the "Second New Deal" to Federal ownership of "social policy".  (The final spurt in Federal government expenditures came with the Lend-lease Act of 1940. For the most part these expenditures were addressed through massive efforts to publicly finance the deficit through "war bonds" and not by inflationary measures.)

Yes, it might have been otherwise. States might have enacted their own "fairness legislation", "environmental standards"  and "safety and health" legislation, but they did not, and history was in a hurry.

So Trump and the 115th Congress are what we have to work with today. And we still do not have a vision to what we want "down the road".

Is a Federal Democracy a sustainable alternative? The answer is not a given and must not be taken for granted.
Bill Kamps Added Apr 22, 2017 - 7:38am
Srendipity, the result we see is not very surprising.  Stagnation and lack of real progress is what we have seen for a couple of decades now, so expecting big changes was pretty much wishful thinking. In Trump's case things have gotten worse, because he can't rule by edict, the US government is not a company, and he is not CEO.

Anyone who knows how our government is organized, knows that the President cant do very much on his own.  If he does not have the support of his party and the voters, he will get little done.  Trump got elected WITHOUT the support of his party, therefore how could anyone expect he could get things passed in Congress?

All this talk about Trump being a dictator was and is nonsense.  The Constitution wont allow it and changing the Constitution is  effectively impossible.

However, it gets worse.  Even with his executive orders, people are taking them to court, why ? because they know Trump has no real political support, there is no down side for an Attorney General in some state challenging an executive order.  If Trump's orders were really popular with the voters, the AG's would be more careful about challenging them.  But the orders  are not really popular because Trump didnt bother to sell them to the people first, he just tried to rule by edict.  Expect EO's to be challenged more often as this proves to be a successful strategy to stop him.

The entire government is set up to thwart the rule of kings, and dictators.  Electing someone to office who wants to be CEO, or dictator, will not change how the government works.  It just will make that person ineffective and frustrated.

Unless he learns how to sell his plans to Congress and the voters, nothing much will get done.  This is unlikely because his whole career he  has been a CEO, and could just say it and make it so.   If people didnt see this possibility at election time, then they  dont know the difference between how a company is run, and how our government is run.
Patrick Writes Added Apr 22, 2017 - 9:04am
Trump is a mess but remember he killed the TPP treaty (Trans-Pacific Partnership) and it's European cousin that attempted to hand world trade to U.S. multinational corporations--which would have robbed the nations of the world (including USA) of their sovereignty.

Trump, despite his missteps on Syria, is still allowing that war to come to a close where Assad stays, Russia wins, and the rebels are defeated. And the U.S. intelligence community with Saudi Arabia loses. I'd argue that is good, let the war end. Then the refugee crisis can come to a stop. And ISIS can finally be defeated.
Srendipity Added Apr 22, 2017 - 12:17pm
Bill Kamps:  Your response was a reminder that the one item everyone at the Constitutional Convention had on their minds was "GET RID OF THE KING." Dumping George and England out of our political life was the single grievance that united the group. They argued and fought about most other things and came to some very ugly compromises, but everyone wanted to be sure this country would never be ruled by a king or a dictator.

Thus we are set up with all the conflicting and to many, confusing checks and balances. They seem inharmonious and contradictory, but they do the job. The only way anyone could "take over" this country would be in the long-standing traditional manner: with the military at his back. Since THIS president doesn't seem to have anyone outside his immediate family at his back ...

We have said many of these same things within our own groups and to each other, so your response was interesting as it was a summary of what we have been saying for several months. Especially the "slowly" part. About the only thing we seem to do quickly is invade and bomb other countries. Somehow, our presidents have slipped the leash on that one.

I do not see anything like a revolution in this country. Not only is the government slow to move, but we -- the people -- are slow too.  I live in a small town. People argue while waiting in line at the grocery store, but that's pretty much the limit of local revolution. No one is going to war.

I am far more worried about destruction of the EPA than of legislation. Should Trump actually pass legislation, it can be undone. If you destroy the aquifer and turn clean water to sewerage, that destruction can be permanent.
George N Romey Added Apr 22, 2017 - 2:19pm
My belief is that it will take a total 1930s or worse economic meltdown for people to get off their last asses, reject the corrupt two party system and riot for change.  Mind you it would need to be worse than the Great Depression. Remember in the 1930s people often had land, families to depend upon, a government they believed in and little debt.  Today is a complete opposite of that situation.

What are we headed for?  Just take a look. We have $11.3 trillion in student loan debt with a default rate of over 11%.  This mirrors the dollar amounts and default percentages of subprime mortgage loans in 2008. We also have imploding subprime auto loans but with so much securitization no one has a good grasp on what systemic problem that could pose.  Over the past ten years Wall Street banks have only gotten bigger with more leverage and risk and now this time with FDIC protection.  Derivatives which serve as an insurance product on an asset (like loans or real estates) are estimated at between $700 trillion and $1.5 quadrillion.  A 10% default rate would be catastrophic.

Since so much of this financial betting is opaque no one really knows the risk of widespread default.  Really smart and successful people such as Jim Rickards, Harry Dent, Peter Schiff, Gerald Celente and Max Keiser see another meltdown coming and they predicted the meltdown of 2008, even when the mainstream financial press made fun of them.

You will never hear any of this being spoken about on MSNBC, CNBC, CNN, Fox, networks.  This does fit with the narrative of either bashing or praising Trump.

Srendipity Added Apr 22, 2017 - 3:33pm
I'm not arguing with your facts, as far as I understand them. The whole debt issue -- national and individual -- is off the charts and getting worse. What I can't see are people rebelling for change. Demonstrations, sure. But that is not rebellion. I can see a lot of demonstrations in places where demonstrations are uncommon.
I can not see a rebellion. I just don't think so. If I'm wrong, I guess we will both find out.
The Other Side Added Apr 22, 2017 - 4:45pm
I am not an Orange Jesus fan boy, but I think Trump is doing a fair job. Report card:

1) Borders: A
2) Environment: F
3) Trade: B
4) Currency exchange: B
5) Foreign Policy: A-
6) Debt: F (no one can fix this)
7) Immigration: A

Srendipity Added Apr 22, 2017 - 5:14pm
I wish I could agree. I would LIKE to agree. But you know, when he cancelled the EPA and its budget? If he had done NOTHING else, that would have cooked me. This is a real world and there are serious problems with the environment, with water, with air, with pollution. We are FINALLY digging out of the horror we had in the 1970s and has pushed us back and back and frankly, it may not MATTER what else he does. Once you pollute an aquifer and turn the earth to poison? You can't undo that. Not ever. A dead aquifer is permanently and forever dead. You destroy the world on which we live and we will all live in the dystopian nightmare sci fi authors have written about for long years.

As for debt, you know Clinton left us with zero national debt and a positive balance. Bush blew the whole damned thing to pieces in just months. He blew it up. And it has been down hill since then. Obama moved it up a little bit, but not enough.

Now? I'm tired. I'm old. I've seen this ALL before in one way or another. Trump is more racist and personally despicable than other presidents, but he is probably what a lot of Americans deserve. They wanted a good, old-fashioned hater who would put a foot down on all those "other" non-white people? They got him. May they soon learn what hate really means on an immediate and personal level. Because Trump doesn't love them, either.

I hope I live long enough to not see him as our last president.
George N Romey Added Apr 22, 2017 - 5:26pm
Actually Clinton increased the debt.  He did finally get a budget surplus which he wanted to use to begin to pay down the debt but Greenspan talked him out of it.  The ONLY WAY we will ever get a budget surplus again or have any opportunity to bring down the debt is with the kind of economy we had in the late 90s or the 50s and 60s.

This will never happen because as I have said over and over the money elite want an impoverished workforce.  Anyone that thinks we will ever get an effective infrastructure program with the two parties in charge has rocks in their head.  The money elite really do not care at all about deficits or debts despite the appearance they do.

Bill Kamps Added Apr 22, 2017 - 5:48pm
The things Trump will get done, are the things he can do on his own.  As long as he doesnt spend a lot of money, and as long as people dont tie him up in the courts, he can accomplish some things.

So he can fire a few missiles at Syria, but he cant invade Syria because that would cost a lot of money.  He can stop the TPP because that costs nothing.  He can amp up ICE, but he cant change the rules on getting visas, and letting people visit.

It will be a hodgepodge of what he can do.  If he chooses to not make nice with Congress, then not much  will get done.  Certainly nothing that will change the trajectory of the country.  Congress spends the money, and if he cant persuade Congress to do things, nothing will get done.

George, I dont know if the money elite wants an impoverished work force, or like everyone else they just want things as cheap as they can get it, including labor.  This is what they have always wanted back into the 1800s, so really nothing there has changed.  People had to fight for the 8 hour day, the 40 hour week and so on, because employers had workers over the barrel.  Employers always wanted labor costs as low as was possible, they were not generous saints in the 50s and 60s.

At the same time EVERYONE wants things as cheap as they can get it. Walmart doesnt succeed by using force to close down the small shop competitors, Walmart succeeds because everyone wants lower prices, and will sacrifice the local stores, and ironically their own jobs and salary, to get the lower prices.  If the consumers want constantly lower prices, how can we complain that the employers have to pay less, and provide less service ?
Srendipity Added Apr 22, 2017 - 6:17pm
Bill Kamps:  I agree. Not only do we want everything cheap, even if it destroys the world on which we live, we can't imagine we should ever need to change to achieve something better -- eventually. As a group, we don't do eventually.
It's like the fisherman here in New England who will, despite all warnings, continue to fish until there ARE no fish. They will cut down the forests until there are no trees. We will pollute the earth until it is poison. Trow trash everywhere because we are too lazy to put it in a bag and wait until there's a receptacle.

We are not innocent victims in this mess.

I was working in the sixties. I had to look under "women" to find a job and if you were black, you didn't bother to look at all. Jobs were underpaid, women were treated like crap. I don't know why people think it was so terrific. It's easier if you weren't actually there.
It wasn't great. Not even close. That's what got all those protests started, though now everyone thinks it was "just about the war in Vietnam." There was a lot more at stake.

Now, everyone wants to get rid of unions so they won't have to pay union dues. If they succeed, they will discover why unions were formed in the first place.

People are stupid. There's no other possible reason for a lot of our crap. That being said, we need to try to make the best of it and hope that somewhere along the line, it gets better. Probably not in my lifetime, but maybe before my granddaughter gets old.

Or not.
Srendipity Added Apr 22, 2017 - 6:24pm
If you find this stuff interesting, I write a lot. I also take pictures. I have a nice little (okay, not so little) site with five authors. A lot of the stuff if humorous. If you feel inclined to take a look, it is called "SERENDIPITY" at:  https://teepee12.com/

I am NOT a native American. I wrote a book called "The 12-Foot Teepee." The blog got its name "in memory of" the book that did NOT become a best seller.
George N Romey Added Apr 22, 2017 - 8:37pm
There is no doubt people are dumber today despite all of the technology-actually in spite of.  People think this entire sharing world and sharing economy is great until one day their privacy is invaded or they end up turning their home into a hotel a la Airbnb desperate for money.  People think the super rich are going to corral the super rich.

People believed the bankers that they could vastly improve their lives through subprime mortgages and credit card debt. People that do not think the elites are impoverishing us on purpose are the same kind of people that can be taken easily.  And that's most stupid Americans.
Srendipity Added Apr 22, 2017 - 8:48pm
I personally think there is less cause and more total lack of interest. They do what they do because it improves their profit, makes their companies more valuable. I doubt they care one way or the other about us. If subprime mortgages didn't make money, we wouldn't get them. Credit cards make money. I've had cards cancelled because I didn't spend enough money. Debt makes them rich. That it makes us poorer? I very much doubt they care. You give them too much credit.
George N Romey Added Apr 22, 2017 - 9:07pm
We are nothing more than modern day serfs for the elites.  We are to be exploited and milked to death.
Srendipity Added Apr 22, 2017 - 9:12pm
Yup.
John G Added Apr 22, 2017 - 10:59pm
That's funny. All of those guys are in the business of selling gold and silver. And they've all been predicting meltdown/hyperinflation for 5 years at least.
Peter Schiff is one of the dumbest people on the planet..
John G Added Apr 22, 2017 - 11:05pm
Running fiscal surpluses, absent a substantial current account deficit, drain the private sector of savings and income.So called government debt is private sector assets.
Clinton's surpluses caused a recession and then an explosion of private debt which culminated in the GFC.
You have to be aware of the paradox of thrift. If everyone saves, the economy crashes.

Bill Kamps Added Apr 23, 2017 - 7:36am
Srendipity,  humans have this ability to hold conflicting ideas simultaneously in their heads.  They want more government services, but lower taxes, they want lower prices, but higher paying jobs.  They think somehow they are they are the exception, THEY can be paid well, while everyone else gets paid less so the prices will be low.  THEY can receive the government services, while the taxes go up for others.  THEY can keep the high paying middle management job, while everyone else loses their job in the name efficiency.

None of this is new.  Back in the 1930s Russell Long said " dont tax you, dont tax me, tax that other guy behind the tree".    Similarly Ben Franklin said that when people realize they can vote themselves money, the Republic is in trouble.

Human nature has not changed, we are not more dumb, or more greedy  than we used to be.  Employers didnt used to treat employees fairly and now dont.  Remember in the early 1900s children used to work, because they were cheap. People worked long hours for low pay.  Employer greed is not a new thing.

George is right that we are "serfs" to the employers, except that we live WAY better than the serfs ever did.  The real serfs died at the age of 40 ( if lucky ), and never traveled outside their village. So its all relative, and now it is better than 200 years ago.  The thing George doesnt get is that it always was this  way.  When the country was crazy rich  the  serfs made a bit more, and now they dont.  Simple.

We had a few decades where the US was very rich  compared to the rest of the world, and we thought that was the normal state of affairs.  It wasnt.  It was just a passing period in time.  The  rest of the world became industrialized, and things returned to how they were in the early 1900s, more competition, and a lower standard of living in the US.

Things dont stay the same.  No one is looking out for our best interests but ourselves.  No one ever was.  When times are good it is largely an accident, its not that government USED to know what it was doing and now forgot.  It NEVER knew.
George N Romey Added Apr 23, 2017 - 10:34am
Bill there was a time in this country in which the masters were willing to throw enough at the serfs to keep them fat and happy.  This was by design in part because things like the shooting of JFK, the Gulf of Tonkin and LBJ's stealing could occur without much questioning.  Now the masters don't believe they even need to throw the same amount of scraps.

The problem is that Americans had a good taste of the somewhat good life and they don't want to let go. Where this will lead who knows, much of will depend upon just how bad things might get.

When humans feel overly threatened they have a habit of turning from polite gentlemen and women to animals.  Remember in the end we might have a brain but we are still mammals.
Bill Kamps Added Apr 23, 2017 - 1:52pm
Well the masters had it easy in the 1960s, and so keeping the serfs happy was in their best interest and not very difficult.  Now it is less easy for the masters, and the serfs are getting cut back.  Just how it works.  When companies arent making as much money, you dont expect the guys at the top to be the guys  that suffer do you ?

Most likely, the people will adjust, for now we still have it way better than most.   Though its always possible there will be miscalculations and the wheels will come off.

George N Romey Added Apr 23, 2017 - 2:12pm
Got news for you the C level bonuses, the salaries of hedge fund managers and traders on Wall Street are still soaring.  There is nada correlation between executive pay and executive performance.  Its called stacking the Board your way.
John G Added Apr 24, 2017 - 3:04am
Bill Kamps is a willing slave who's prepared to send the next generations down the river rather than stand up.
It's pathetic.
Patrick Writes Added Apr 24, 2017 - 5:22am
Somebody on this thread mentioned unions, but they are dead because very little manufacturing jobs are left in country.

Unions are worthless if you are competing against someone overseas in a country with a less valuable currency. That means the company can pay them less to do the same thing. In many cases they don't work harder than the American. They probably work just as hard or less. Their workday might be longer. But that doesn't even matter.

Currency is what matters. India, for instance, has a considerably weaker currency so the Indian worker is cheaper even if he's crappier than the American (which he usually is--no offense--thinking of I.T. here). And he doesn't work harder. But they can throw 30 people at a problem that the American company would only be able to throw 10 people at--and they are still cheaper. And the solution is often crappier, takes more money over time to maintain. But the companies still don't care because it works today (mostly) and is cheaper because the Indian Rupee is much, much weaker than the U.S. Dollar.
George N Romey Added Apr 24, 2017 - 10:05am
Patrick my younger brother has stayed employed by going to India and training IT workers that will eventually take over American jobs. You took the words right out of his mouth.  The workers are far less productivity and have no ability to understand a modern business but again work for dirt cheap.
Mike Haluska Added Apr 24, 2017 - 10:24am
99.999% of the "Progressives" railing about Trump wouldn't know what a Fascist was if he bit them on the ass.  All of this "angst" about the "horrors being inflicted on everyone" by Trump - tell me:

"What can you NOT do today that you are legally forbidden to do before Trump got elected"???

Grow up and act like adults!  The election is over - the direction of the nation is shifting away from socialist "the government is suppose to fix all my problems and take care of my every need" policies to pro-economic growth and a higher standard of living for working people.  If people who are fully capable of working but just don't want to work don't like it, that's life.
Micahel Dolan Added Apr 24, 2017 - 10:42am
Hitting a Home Run-your post!
Progressiveism-{ moochers electing electing looters to steal from the producers!}
The Left have no problem blaming Russians for the hacking of the election, but the leftist refuse to admit voter fraud is a regular habit of the Democrat Party.

Jeff Michka Added Apr 24, 2017 - 11:03am
Dolan pontificates:but the leftist refuse to admit voter fraud is a regular habit of the Democrat Party.- Riiight...like the Orange blob's raving about bus loads of million of voters being "brought in" to vote out of state.  Cite or prove a word of your comments, Dolan, but you pure Trumpists can't prove the time of day.  It's bigly huge, Duhlan.
Srendipity Added Apr 24, 2017 - 11:17am
The last few writers are busy making assumptions about what I know about history or not. Interesting. So since you "know" what I know, what the hell do YOU know? What have you studied? What books have you read? What is your value system? Do you have a value system? How about morals? Personal courage? Something other than hating people who aren't you?

There is zero proof of voter fraud. It has not only NOT been proved, it has been repeatedly UNproved. IF it really existed, TRUST ME, Trump would NOT be in office.

The man WON. He's still running, still bashing his previous opponent and former President. He doesn't seem to "get" that he won the damned election. Now, shut up about it and govern. Like an actual president. For ALL the people. You don't get elected in this country to manage the world for the people who voted for you. We are ALL Americans. ALL of us. Me and you and the moron down the road -- ALL AMERICANS. Whether you like me, approve of me or not. Americans. Born, bred, raised HERE.

Your constant spewing of hatred does not do this country proud and does not do YOU proud.
Mike Haluska Added Apr 24, 2017 - 11:19am
Jeff -

Why else would Democrats want NO PHOTO ID for LEGAL CITIZENS to vote and yet demand that ILLEGAL ALIENS be given Drivers Licenses???  Could it be so that illegal aliens with DRIVERS LICENSES can vote in the 26 states that only require that a Drivers License (no Voter Registration check) to vote????  Here's Obama ADVOCATING ILLEGAL VOTING AND PROMISING NOTHING WILL BE DONE IF YOU'RE CAUGHT VOTING ILLEGALLY:

Come on - you're not that naïve?  I can tell you that anyone who lives in a major city is aware of voter fraud - and I mean massive fraud.  The fact that the Democrat Precinct Captains haven't caught anyone committing voter fraud should not surprise anyone!  As we say every Election Day in Chicago:

VOTE EARLY AND VOTE OFTEN!!!
Srendipity Added Apr 24, 2017 - 11:21am
No, we are not. I do not know anyone who voted illegally EVER. In this country, getting anyone to vote PERIOD is an issue. If more of us voted, life would be entirely different in many places.

No one has asked me for proof of my identity in more than 15 years. WHY? Because I live in a small town and WE ALL KNOW EACH OTHER. Wow, I know. What a shock! Imagine that. People knowing each other and their histories and stories and TRUSTING each other.

Hard to believe, eh?
Bill H. Added Apr 24, 2017 - 12:02pm

The illegal voting song and dance was one of Trump's typical responses when his ego is damaged. Similar to when he is questioned or proven wrong on one of his many lies, he will simply label it as "Fake News".
So is the case for Trump taking credit for jobs that were actually created during the later part of Obama's presidency.
Srendipity Added Apr 24, 2017 - 12:30pm
You know, one of things that keeps bothering me is that the man is STILL running for office. He doesn't seem to "get" that he already won and now, it's time to actually -- y'know -- govern. Not just for his friends and maybe some voters, but for all of us. He hasn't gotten it together with the whole "one nation" thing. It worries me on many different levels. Combine that with a baffling level of ignorance ... scary stuff.
George N Romey Added Apr 24, 2017 - 12:53pm
Srendipity you have to remember Trump is the ultimate marketer.  Always carrying out an ad and PR campaign.  Remember he made his fame by having his name licensed to buildings.  He is a modern day carnival barker.   Personally I think rallies are a great way to take your message to the people but its suppose to be about your proposed policies (in specifics) not campaign ideas.

My hunch is that he had no idea how to turn political slogans and promises into actual workable detailed plans.  He doesn't have the chops to play political chess with the various political segments.  Add to that the Deep State bearing down on him and we get four more years of failed dreams and hopes.  Obama II.
Srendipity Added Apr 24, 2017 - 1:03pm
It's obvious he doesn't know, but he isn't the first president to not know what's going on. USUALLY, a president picks a cabinet to get him over the hump of not knowing. Many presidents came from a governorship or were military people, and didn't know how a piece of legislation was written, much less passed. But they knew they didn't know. They learned. Some learned faster than others, but they WANTED to learn. This one doesn't have a cabinet and doesn't seem to be learning anything.
George N Romey Added Apr 24, 2017 - 1:08pm
Both Obama and Trump were naïve to just how political games are played in Washington and its been that way for ions. RR, Clinton, Nixon, Johnson no matter what you thought of their politics figured out how to play the game and get a good chunk of their agenda through.  Obama just thought he should be above all of the dirt and muck (not to mention he identified with all the Wall Street Ivy League elites), W was no more than a clueless puppet to the MIC, Bush Sr out of his league and Carter just too nice of a guy for Washington.
Srendipity Added Apr 24, 2017 - 1:12pm
Yet, they ALL -- even WBush -- figured it out. They learned. Moreover, they wanted to learn.

What do you do when you have "a top guy" who doesn't seem able or willing to learn anything? Not even how the constitution is written. Has he even READ the Constitution? Or ... you know ... a book?

Is he really going to keep blowing smoke out of his butt for his entire term?
George N Romey Added Apr 24, 2017 - 1:20pm
I have to wonder when its a year in and Trump has got nothing accomplished will he walk?  I believe that is what the far right wants because then their guy Pence gets in.  Also, given how shaky the global economy is and the avalanche of debt another financial meltdown is very likely.  How will Trump react?  Will he like Bush and Obama simply bail out the financial sector with no questions asked while the American public again is left to hang out to dry?
Srendipity Added Apr 24, 2017 - 1:23pm
I don't know. His band of disgruntled, miserable followers seem to think he's great, even though he has accomplished nothing. They have no interest in facts, or figures, or any kind of reality. So a year or two or three? They don't care. They mindlessly elected him and they will mindlessly follow him ... off the cliff if that's where he leads.
Jeff Michka Added Apr 24, 2017 - 1:26pm
Srendipity asks: Is he really going to keep blowing smoke out of his butt for his entire term? - Trump is a REAL ESTATE developer, and other than buying inspectors, all they do is just that, so why would he be different?  He can only buy or be bought, but that's not obvious to the pure Trumpists.
George N Romey Added Apr 24, 2017 - 1:27pm
Srendipity some of his voters, the Independents that had a desperate hope that someone would finally do something to help the "real" economy are very coming disillusioned with him.  That 25% to 30% that love him because they think he is "American" (read white bigots) will probably stay with him.  On whole his support will fall to incredibly low numbers.
Srendipity Added Apr 24, 2017 - 1:28pm
Nothing is obvious to those followers. I used to wonder how people got involved in cults. Now, I see. This is a cult and they will follow him regardless. They don't need a reason.
Srendipity Added Apr 24, 2017 - 1:30pm
I'm not trying to be negative, but I think he has more support than you think. More than makes any logical sense to ANYONE not in that camp. This isn't logical or rational or sensible. It just IS.
George N Romey Added Apr 24, 2017 - 1:35pm
Srendipity I believe that Trump had someone coaching him back during the campaign.  Every other candidate's message other than Sanders (and we see how the DNC got rid of him) was trust the elites to fix the problems (the same problems they created).  Somehow Trump knew how to hit populist themes.  Its hard to imagine he really even understood the ordinary world and therefore he had someone telling him what topics to harp on.
Srendipity Added Apr 24, 2017 - 1:41pm
He must have had coaching because he hasn't been able to say anything sensible since election -- unless it's obvious a speechwriter wrote it.

That's why I wonder if he is mentally normal. He's been around this region a LONG time. He never seemed stupid. Everyone thought he was a jerk, but no one thought he was stupid. But these days, he seems dumb -- very different than he was 15 years ago. Something has happened to him and I keep thinking ... dementia. Because he is the right age and he would NOT be the first. Or second.
George N Romey Added Apr 24, 2017 - 1:45pm
I agree that early dementia could be a problem.  If you listen to the way he talked in the 80s and 90s he was very coherent and level headed. Even in his campaign he rambled on, kept repeating the same lines over and over again and never said much of anything. He often said words out of sequence.  Nothing like how polished he was a few decades back.
Jeff Michka Added Apr 24, 2017 - 1:51pm
Srendipity notes: Something has happened to him and I keep thinking ... dementia. Because he is the right age and he would NOT be the first. Or second.- That might explain much.  Make America Grate again...and the sprayed on orange make him look like a human DOT vest-why that schtick?, maybe is to better ID him in a crowd, and the dementia explanation may also explain why the daughter/wife in chief needed a West wing office.
Srendipity Added Apr 24, 2017 - 1:57pm
That's what I think and so do a lot of professionals. The narcissism isn't all that rare in public people ... but he doesn't seem ... smart. He doesn't seem like he learns. He just repeats the same stuff over and over, even when it's totally out of context.

So yeah, family members would be a very good choice. Maybe the only choice.
Mike Haluska Added Apr 24, 2017 - 2:38pm
Srendipity -
Your statement:

"Trump is a REAL ESTATE developer"

indicates that Trump actually ran a large business, employed thousands of people with high paying jobs, built projects that benefit their owners and tenants, paid millions in personal, business, property taxes . . .

"Obama was a Community Organizer"

which tells us that Obama never held a "real job", never stayed in one political office long enough to find the bathroom (Illinois State Senator for 15 minutes/no accomplishments, US Senator for less than first term/no accomplishments) never had his own money invested in anything, . . .

Who would you bet your retirement fund on???
Mike Haluska Added Apr 24, 2017 - 2:53pm
None of the Trump bashers accusing Trump of "trampling their human rights" has answered my post of April 24th 10:24am:

George N Romey Added Apr 24, 2017 - 3:10pm
I don't and never have saw Trump as a threat to anyone's rights.  I have no concern. My concern is his ability to understand the very complexity and reasons of why we do not have a sound economy. Apparently he is not going to take on the Federal Reserve.  The same organization that has caused this endless digitizing of money that only serves the needs of the most wealthy.  The dodo birds of this country that scream "Wall Street" usually have no clue it was the purchasing of toxic MBS from Wall Street that enabled the immediate return to business as usual.  Tarp money was nothing more than chump change to these guys.  As long as there is a Fed there will be Wall Street predators on the lose.  The Fed is what feeds them.
Mike Haluska Added Apr 24, 2017 - 3:18pm
George - great points on the Fed.  It should first be audited as Trump suggested last Summer.  So far, no President has had the balls to order it because the Fed could retaliate by throwing the country into a recession.
Srendipity Added Apr 24, 2017 - 5:00pm
You guys are happily arguing with each other. Enjoy!
John G Added Apr 24, 2017 - 5:47pm
has caused this endless digitizing of money
What does that mean? Or, more correctly, what do you think you mean?
George N Romey Added Apr 24, 2017 - 5:49pm
Srendiptiy Trump's cabinet benefits the most from the actions of the Federal Reserve.  Do you really think Trump is going to go after the guys that have propped up Wall Street and large multinational corporations?
John G Added Apr 26, 2017 - 4:20am