WRITING.....AND PERCEIVING

I wish that I could write

The way I often feel

I try it though despite

My fingers are like steel

To bend them you need fire

An ultimate desire

To tell the world: now hey !

Just act and do, don’t pray

And when I think it’s good

That I am understood

A word does mess it all

Although was meant just small

I guess misunderstood

By diff’rent lives that would

Not use it the same way

So that it might just stay

But is the sense the same

If not who is to blame

Perception is I mean

No hard-code printed clean

What you think that is right

Some others start to fight

Because the way they see

Is not what you agree

To write is like to talk

Comparing with a walk

On different speeds can’t hear

And get the other’s ear.

Just a scribble. Felt to do it, so WTF :-) Have a nice week all !

Comments

Dino Manalis Added May 16, 2017 - 2:36pm
Vocabulary is important in choosing the right words to convey your message most effectively.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added May 16, 2017 - 3:50pm
Dino

I don't talk about vocabulary simply.....
wsucram15 Added May 16, 2017 - 6:43pm
You know, when it inspires you, express yourself...sometimes working with the words helps your brain. So just keep using your brain and expressing.. people always hear you.
Ric Wells Added May 16, 2017 - 9:31pm
Tothink is to express. To write is to be free.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added May 17, 2017 - 5:29am
Jeanne

Yep, it's like playing music. Another way to express yourself. When you can combine a good text with a song that fits to it it's perfect :-)
Stone-Eater Friedli Added May 17, 2017 - 5:31am
Ric

You see, I can write poems. But I'm not able (or don't have the energy and patience) to write a lengthy story like you. I once wanted to write a book (in German) but gave up after about page 60, because I lost the red line. Maybe I should have drawn a chart before LOL
Bill Kamps Added May 17, 2017 - 8:49am
Was the sixty pages one word ?

Nice poem :) thx :)

We all need positive distractions, because we can only control ourselves and how we react to the world around us, very few of us are in position to shape the world.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added May 17, 2017 - 9:20am
Bill

LOL

......true. And even the ones who shape the world do it only for a period of time ;-)
Ric Wells Added May 17, 2017 - 11:07am
I like your poems and I also like your criticisms and witicisms.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added May 17, 2017 - 12:03pm
Thanks Ric !
wsucram15 Added May 17, 2017 - 12:46pm
Dont you love it when it all interacts just right? you know when you hit the exact stride you were looking for or just the right chord?
Love the poems...keep track of them
Stone-Eater Friedli Added May 17, 2017 - 12:49pm
Jeanne

Yep, I love it. And I'm still surprised that people like it, because I'm not anglophone and often think that people don't REALLY get what I mean - in articles and comments.

BTW: I really like Nova Collective. Maybe here and there vocals wouldn't be too bad, but they are a really good band. Say hello to your son from the old man :-)
wsucram15 Added May 17, 2017 - 1:43pm
I will, lol.... and I knew you would like NC, yes vocals would be great.  I read a comparison to Monobody (ok) and of course Gentle Giant (who I loved).
Here is another suggestion.. too dark for me but talented and interesting.  Niechec' - Niechec'   Also no vocals though.
on singing..try Phox...the band is also good both musically and vocally.  The girl has a nice voice. (listening to them now)  I like this band.

But those are the only newer bands I have kinda heard.  Now I have to go and download some Gentle Giant...oh my.

Stone-Eater Friedli Added May 17, 2017 - 2:10pm
Jeanne

....frankly, I never liked Gentle Giant. I loved Genesis, Yes, King Crimson, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple or Zappa in the time....but never Gentle Giant. Just not my taste LOL

What I absolutely can't stand is bands who ruin their (good!) stuff with growls. And I can't stand bands like Nightwish or others who have female vocals while riffing away in prog metal manner. To me metal and female voices don't fit.

Exceptions are rare - like Skunk Anansie or Bosnian Rainbows.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added May 17, 2017 - 2:16pm
BTW: Forgot:

The Pretty Reckless. When it's not autotune, that girl has a voice !

Stone-Eater Friedli Added May 17, 2017 - 2:21pm
...and I love their guitarist. He knows when to tweak and play up to the point :-)
wsucram15 Added May 17, 2017 - 2:34pm
Really..?  Ahhh Gentle Giant is a time period thing for me I guess.  Genesis and specifically Peter Gabriel are my favs since I was around 16. "I know what I like in My Wardrobe" and "Solosbury Hill"  being in my all time top 10.  Both battling for the top slot.  Im not going to say they are the greatest songs of all time but they are favs.   Everyone loves Zappa and Black Sabbath.  But like you said..how many times can you play smoke on the water?  I love them as well...lol.  DP
I like The Pretty Reckless.and I know you hate growls.
This is so much better than talking about politics.  :)
Stone-Eater Friedli Added May 17, 2017 - 3:07pm
Jeanne

;-)

Frankly, I haven't listened to that old stuff for years. It reminds me of my youth and can provoke melancholy....I live NOW and these times are past. And there is so much good music around today, when one is really interested.

But, strange, Caligula's Horse is a band which has really gotten into me. Hasn't happened since 1972 with Alice Cooper's "Killer" or the It Bites album "Eat me in St. Louis" 1988

Stone-Eater Friedli Added May 17, 2017 - 3:09pm

Sorry, same song but that's better :-)
Stone-Eater Friedli Added May 17, 2017 - 3:38pm
SORRY.

I'm always letting myself getting off the subject....well, there wasn't any, was there LOL
wsucram15 Added May 17, 2017 - 6:00pm
I like Caligulas Horse but you have to watch listening to it..because there is a block here sometimes due to the international copy right laws.   I have The Tide, The Thief and the Rivers End saved but not put on disc or drive for the car. I have NEVER found a phone app to find stuff I like, ever.
On It Bites, pretty Good..I love our talks, its been to long. lol. Im gonna make a CD today in fact.

wsucram15 Added May 17, 2017 - 6:37pm
I dont mean you have to watch listening, I meant you cant watch it. I have the one CD downloaded on an external hard drive from one of our previous conversations.
I like all music (with a few exceptions) and so Im good as long as something is playing within earshot.
This is May and Sara's fathers birth month, so she has been listening to Buddy Holly and stuff he liked for over two weeks now.  Thats the stuff that makes me sad, you know the stuff that reminds you of specific people.  But  she does this every year on his BDay and Fathers day.
Like if something ever happened to my brother I could never listen to the B-52s again. My sister it would be the Chili Peppers and Sublime.
But I get your feeling on that...
On a better note-
Here are two bands YOU NEVER thought you would hear together..lol.
http://www.metalinjection.net/video/heres-the-funkiest-ozzy-meets-earth-wind-fire-mashup-of-all-time   CRAZY!
Stone-Eater Friedli Added May 17, 2017 - 6:38pm
....tomorrow...yawn :-)
Jeff Michka Added May 17, 2017 - 6:53pm
Genesis, Yes, King Crimson, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple or Zappa- Yes! Great acts, and still mourn the loss of Frank.  FZ and MOI were the biggest influence to me musically in my own playing and same for others in a couple of bands.  As much as I am a FZ fan, still love jazz as music and as general artform with a lifetime of tunes spanning decades past, present and future.
Shane Laing Added May 18, 2017 - 2:44am
Ah the good old days when we brits had a strong influence in music. Heavy and Prog Rock. I miss those days. Been listening to Crime of the Century from Supertramp and Tubular Bells Mike Oldfield a lot lately. Love the song Aint no rest for the wicked by Cage the Elephant. Heard it while watching TV series Lucifer and fell in love with it. Happy listening pop pickers.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added May 18, 2017 - 4:28am
Jeff

Yep - our time :)

Stone-Eater Friedli Added May 18, 2017 - 4:28am
Shane

Cage the elephant - very british. I like them !

Shane Laing Added May 18, 2017 - 5:06am
Our time was definitely the best. Rubbish now by the way I have an album you might like to listen to though I think you might already know it. Talking Timbuktu Ali Farka Toure and Ry Cooder.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added May 18, 2017 - 5:19am
Shane

I know it - my wife is Malian LOL

Jeff Michka Added May 21, 2017 - 12:22pm
Of course there's also Foday Musa Suso and Herbie Handcock's "Village Life." for trad African/Jazz fusion.
John Minehan Added May 21, 2017 - 10:20pm
Poetry in a second language shows talent.  Good on you!

Recent Articles by Writers Stone-Eater Friedli follows.