I Met A Jewish Rabbi Today

For real. I figured the ink was going dry in my keyboard so I should post about it.

I've always wanted to really talk with the intellectuals of the Jewish faith. We talked for several hours over the afternoon mostly about law and cosmology. Its was good to have my understandings confirmed wrt the basic ideas of Judaism. He says he will be going back to Israel.

I was a temp hired to help him move. This is always interesting for me - I meet lots of interesting people that I wouldn't otherwise meet.

They see law differently than we do and think that we will have a Jew roast if they stick around too long. I wonder if they really and truly believe this, I do not. I told him I thought the holocaust didn't happen and we had pleasant conversations about many things that would not otherwise be able to discuss if we were on here in a forum some place.

I wish that more dialogue could take place between Jews and Christians and I would like more opportunity to clear up their misunderstandings wrt Kant and the holocaust. The Rabbi told me that conflict occurs through misunderstanding, I told him that I knew Locke from our side wrote this.

He is a capitalist and soon saw that he didn't need to convince me.

He did give me a pearl of wisdom. If thousands of people go to see a sports event, most of the people on the upper seats cannot see much - they are there to belong. Only about 30% of the people are there to see the game. This is worth thinking about and the possible dangers the story explains. Nothing is more dangerous than a herd of youtube philosophers is how I would put it.

I'm working on a movie called "Something About Science" that explains the Kantian hypothesis and then proves it within the bounds of reason. I will be using some visual art to explain my concepts. I would like to get some opinions on one of my illustrations:

I'm wondering if everyone sees this as two sheep fucking on the set. This was a hard graphic, the hardest of many and a significant amount of effort will be needed to make it much better I think. I wonder if its needed.

Comments

Jeffrey Kelly Added May 17, 2017 - 10:09pm
How fascinating.

Perhaps you have some thoughts on this:
Doug Plumb Added May 17, 2017 - 10:14pm
I do here and on Writer Beat.
Jeffrey Kelly Added May 17, 2017 - 10:38pm
I commented there.  You actually became the inspiration for my first denier meme post.
John G Added May 18, 2017 - 3:11am
Why would an absolute mong like you want to talk to an intellectual?
Thomas Napers Added May 18, 2017 - 3:16am
Not for one second do I believe you had a pleasant conversation with a Jew where you expressed your belief the holocaust didn’t happen.  Perhaps you thought it was pleasant, the Jew most likely thought you were insane and without question he thought you were an anti-Semite. Being a Jew, I know I would stop talking to you and distance myself from you as quickly as I possibly could.

As it relates to your capitalism and sporting even analogy, ones seat location does not alter the reason for going to the game.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added May 18, 2017 - 6:45am
Doug

Doug Plumb Added May 18, 2017 - 7:00am
Re "Not for one second do I believe you had a pleasant conversation with a Jew where you expressed your belief the holocaust didn’t happen. "
  Then don't. But this really happened. I wish only to establish dialog because I believe that all conflict is due to misunderstanding.
  Another pearl of wisdom that I got but everyone already knew: God gave you a backbone for a reason.
  I do not know the mans name, I could find out, but I do not want to because I may accidently say it.
  re" Being a Jew, I know I would stop talking to you and distance myself from you as quickly as I possibly could."
  Then you could never be an agent of peace or enlightenment. I have had many short conversations with Jews, the first one lasting about ten seconds as a child when I started asking about the number written on an old mans arm in a grocery store lineup. He said what I believe to be true and quickly left.
@John G re "Why would an absolute mong like you want to talk to an intellectual?  " To stop being a mong I guess. Whatever the hell a mong is.
Jeff Michka Added May 18, 2017 - 1:22pm
...Doug Plumb and a rabbi walked into a bar...Well, it is a joke, and the joke is Plumb and his anti-semetic ranting.  WB exposure is suppose to "normalize" folks like Douggie and Billy the Nazi, but despite they have the right to spew their crap, it's still distasteful, and doesn't eliminate the need to point them out as being anything BUT normal.
Doug Plumb Added May 19, 2017 - 12:37am
I'm not anti semitic. Just because I don't believe everything (actually nothing- in God I trust, everyone else needs evidence does not make me anti semitic)
  This is a very bad term and some Jews don't like it at all. Some believe in free speech. If someone out there thinks I'm doing something horrible, I would rather hear about it directly than through the grape vine.
  Words settle dispute, if no words then bullets.
Doug Plumb Added May 19, 2017 - 12:41am
Today I had more conversations with the Rabbi. He is very well studied in Judaism but does not have a synagogue, I'm not sure he is fully qualified, I will ask him tomorrow. But today he said he would get me into Chabbad Lubavitch in Toronto and I could look at any book I wanted to in their library. He says we mis-understand Chabbad.
Peter Corey Added May 21, 2017 - 6:49pm
>I Met A Jewish Rabbi Today

What about the non-Jewish rabbis? Have you met any of them yet? Tell us when you do. We're curious.
Jeffrey Kelly Added May 21, 2017 - 7:00pm
LOL
Peter Corey Added May 21, 2017 - 10:02pm
>...Doug Plumb and a rabbi walked into a bar...

Doug Plumb met with a rabbi (a Jewish rabbi!) who told the lad, "Trust in God." The next day, Doug went swimming after lunch and started to suffer cramps. As he was drowning, a water-skier zoomed by and said, "Give me your hand! I see you're in need of help." To which Doug replied, "No. That's OK. A Jewish rabbi told me to trust in God, so I'm waiting for God's help." A few moments later, a sailboat glided by with all hands extended. "Ahoy, there! Give us your hand! We see you're in trouble and could use our help!" To which Doug replied, "No. That's quite all right. I met with a Jewish rabbi yesterday who told me to trust in God. I'm waiting for God's help." Some time later, a rescue helicopter hovers over Doug. Through a megaphone, a rescue worker yells, "Hello, down there in the water! We're dropping a life-preserver attached to a strong rope. Put the life-preserver around you and hold on tightly! We'll pull you up to safety!" To which Doug gasps back (spewing water from his mouth by now), "No, thanks. I'm taken care of. I met with a Jewish rabbi yesterday and he told me to trust in God. So I'm awaiting God's help." A moment later, an exhausted, flailing Doug drowns.

After mistakenly being allowed to pass through the Pearly Gates of heaven, Doug sits before God. "Um, Sir, I met with a Jewish rabbi yesterday and he told me to trust in You. Yet You allowed me to drown. Why?" To which God replies, "What are you talking about, you schmuck? I sent you a water-skier, a sailboat, and a helicopter!"
Jeff Michka Added May 22, 2017 - 8:00pm
Pete Corey writes: Doug Plumb met with a rabbi (a Jewish rabbi!) who told the lad, "Trust in God."-LOL good joke mod to specifics at hand, and extremely appropriate and amusing! Good show, Pete.
Doug Plumb Added May 22, 2017 - 8:33pm
@Stone Eater re "The Jews make jokes about the holocaust. A lot of them take that subject a lot easier than all those do-gooders and PC people. Because they have been hardened by reality.  "

They would know all the best jokes of course, but any group that has been targeted with jokes would of course know all the best jokes about them. Jokes are funny and there is no harm.
  I typed in Google once "joke nigger jew bar" or something. Absolutely nothing came up yet bandwidth for the tripe I read above is provided.
Peter Corey Added May 23, 2017 - 7:42pm
>LOL good joke mod to specifics at hand, and extremely appropriate and amusing! Good show, Pete.

Thanks, Mr. Michka. I don't know about you, but I'm tiring of politics. I'm preparing a new post on filmmaking styles, specifically, Mise-en-Scene (e.g., Orson Welles) vs. Montage (e.g., Leni Riefenstahl's documentaries). You and I might end up being the only two posting to that thread . . .
Doug Plumb Added May 24, 2017 - 5:32pm
Have you ever made a movie Peter? You might be one of those people who are smart enough to sit on one of the socialist committees you mentioned in your other post.

Recent Articles by Writers Doug Plumb follows.