I DO NOT APOLOGIZE FOR

I DO NOT APOLOGIZE FOR

Believing the top priority of any government is to care for the people. Logically it is possible, (although not probable), to have a population without a government but it is impossible to have government without a population.

Believing in a higher power or a Creator. Although some disagree on this issue I respect their decision. Mine is not to judge. We will probably never know who is correct or incorrect. I leave this in the hands, hearts, minds, and souls of others not human.

Believing free will does not exist. But I will struggle with the concept of predestination as well.

Believing the United States had no business dropping the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Japan had offered surrender terms three months prior to the horrific act. The only caveat Japan has was to let their emperor live to which Truman used as a sticking point. The actual reason for the bomb dropping was a show of force to the USSR whose army was invading Manchuria. This in essence started the arms race in the cold beginnings of the cold war. Which has led to arms build ups across this planet leaning towards the point of global annihilation.

Believing that isolationism and nationalism along with separatism and balkanism is the death knell for any given entity. Thee philosophies, in the short term, bolster the control of the existing power structure but long term will destroy progress, creativity, growth, intelligence, individuality and education of the human species as a whole.

Capitalism in its purest form is just as destructive as Socialism is in its purest form. To those who cry the mantra “Capitalism is King” and then decry the globalization of economic structure are at odds with themselves. Capitalism seeks profits to maintain its own stability. Capitalism and Socialism have no ethics, morals, codes of behavior etc. They are institutions. To believe otherwise is to give them human characteristics which is impossible.

Believing there is a strata of human beings far above all governments, corporate elites and known power brokers who are using this planet as a puppeteer amuses himself with their toys.

Believing open borders do not work. Walls do not work. The only working solution in this nation is an adherence to a constitutional and common sense immigration policy.

Believing that building a needless and senseless wall along with infusing billions and trillions into a deportation policy is further setting this nation on the path to fiscal and financial ruin.

Believing that Unites States citizens have to show proof of citizenship is a odds with every notion this nation was founded and supposedly stood for.

Believing Independence Day is a false anomaly as we have never been independent. We fought a war against Great Britain and partially overthrew their influence on this land but we have been at war with ourselves since the colonization era.

Believing that Europeans crossed the Atlantic is purely false propaganda. The actual reasons were land acquisition, fishing, gold, profiteering and slavery.

Believing the existing inhabitants welcomed these Europeans with kindness and friendship. They taught the newcomers how to fish, hunt, track, farm and survive as the Europeans were basic city dwellers sent by the financiers for colonization. These newcomers had few known survival skills and would have died off had they not been taught these skills by the people’s already inhabiting this continent.

Ric Wells/Akecheta

7/3/2017

Comments

Ric Wells Added Jul 4, 2017 - 12:03am
Enter your comment here...
Jenifer Frost Added Jul 4, 2017 - 12:11am
My comment is that I agree with all of this except the part about free will. But I believe that you have your right to your own beliefs, as does everyone on this and everything else. Plus I'm open to the possibility of being wrong on this.

I admit I enjoy the 4th of July for the fireworks and the day off work, and the family time. But no so much for the contrived patriotic nationalism garbage.
Ric Wells Added Jul 4, 2017 - 12:18am
Jenifer I have been struggling with this concept all my life. But I have accepted the premise that I will never know. I have talked with priests, ministers, bishops and even a cardinal about this concept with no satisfaction. Here is my struggle. If the Creator I believe in is omniscient then that entity knows all past present and future and if that source knows the future then I have to o what is already known otherwise that higher source is not omniscient. But if I have to do what is already predetermined then how can one be judged for misdeeds committed during a lifetime. It is a conundrum to me.But I accept that I will not know the answer while I am on this planet. Maybe when I am reincarnated to another world I won't have to think about it.
Ric Wells Added Jul 4, 2017 - 12:22am
The picture I chose didn't appear or maybe I just forgot to post it. Oh well. No big deal. Don't want to edit. In the middle of writing a short story when this came to me. Back to work now folks.
Katharine Otto Added Jul 4, 2017 - 12:31am
Jenifer,
I agree.  Nix on predestination.  Determinism, the old mechanistic universe, is old news.  Quantum mechanics is the religion of the future, mankind making quantum leaps forward in learning how to become part of the solution.

Yeah, yeah.  The Europeans stole the land and committed genocide on the natives, putting what's left of them to work running casinos and manufacturing plastic packaging.  We shoudn'a auta dropped the only two nuclear bombs ever used on a foreign country.  I've recently wondered about mutations and cancer in Japan, the result of bombs and Fukushima.

Regarding immigration, there were no rules about it when the Europeans stole it from the American natives.  I've heard Mexicans are leaving faster than they are coming in, because Mexico is where the work is.  And more Americans are hot to move.  I'm one of them and am thinking about Cuba or Peru.

Adam Smith's form of "capitalism" was the most profit for the least work, with the government in charge through taxes and war.  The people calling the shots are not the ones getting shot.  Until men quit running off from home to fight other men's battles, we will remain a debilitated nation.  We need to learn to take care of our own, as Ric mentions.

Finally, everything has consciousness, according to me.  The monotheistic tradition has led to unbalanced paternalism, which leads to testosterone-poisoned warlike cultures.  The feminine principle may be beginning to flourish for the first time in history.  And did you know you can make electricity from plants?

Jenifer Frost Added Jul 4, 2017 - 12:50am
As a Kemetian I embrace science and religion. We are monotheistic, but we believe God is equally male and female, and teaches us through His/Her messengers, the Netjeru, who are aspects of the Divine and are Both male and female. Balance is a very important part of Kemetian theology, we abor all extremes and bigotry.

As for predestination, God knowing all is not the same as controlling all. It's like when you watch a documentary you have already seen. You already know the outcome, but in no way do you or anyone script it. Seeing the future is similar. This is my faith's take on these things.
Ric Wells Added Jul 4, 2017 - 1:04am
 Jenifer I honor your belief. I place no male female distinction on Creator. Balance and harmony of the utmost importance. Care of Mother Earth equally important. Life on other planets? Absolutely. Multi universes. Yes. Respect for self and others human and non human. Definitely. Life after death. I believe so. Reincarnation I think so.

Katherine I did not say there were immigration laws when the Europeans came over. Either I did not make something clear or you misread.

Sorry Jenifer but your predestination analogy lays flat with me.

Katherine if I am not mistaken there have been matriarchial societies just as warlike as patriarichial societies. But I agree feminine principles should flourish but not more so than humanitarian principles. Male principles should ne combined with female principles on an equal basis and we must find a common ground where females and males differ and I am not just referring to physically.
Ric Wells Added Jul 4, 2017 - 12:58pm
Tom it is a form of catharsis at times.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 4, 2017 - 4:23pm
Ric

...no comment *nod*. What more is there to say ?
Dino Manalis Added Jul 4, 2017 - 5:17pm
We're all immigrants in the United States directly or indirectly, including Native Americans.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 4, 2017 - 6:07pm
Dino

Wow. All people are immigrants everywhere since about 2'000'000 BC. Lucy was my gggggggggggggggggggggrandmother and I remember having discussed wall painting techniques with my good friend Homo Ergaster LOL
Phil's Personal Perspectives Added Jul 4, 2017 - 7:15pm
Ric,  I understand and respect.your thoughts although I don't agree fully.  I won't attempt to bore you with my religious beliefs.  When I consider this July 4th I think more of Jennifer's first comment, the last part.  I think about where we are as a people.  I find myself considering John Lennon's question, what if there were no countries and no religion too?
Dr. Rupert Green Added Jul 4, 2017 - 7:20pm
All except one of your sayings can be found in the artifacts. The one missing is regard to our origin as creation of GOD. I suppose the time traveler visiting the outer region of space and found Voyager 1 would attribute its creation to a greater power.  Perhaps if they visited mars a thousand years from now and found robot colonists would attribute them as the creation of a greater power. You ask profound questions. Am i here as a mere pawn unable to impact the outcome of my life. I do not believe  same.
Yes, those who control the narrative controls the history.  I supposed if it were not in the books, the Aussies would tell of how a God fearing people their forebears were. American spin on the Pilgrim and and the quest for religious freedom can be proven or debunked.  For one thing, Blacks did not land on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock landed on them. They were here as freemen before Whites.

Great nations rise and fall. It is said that some original men died out and left homo sapiens.  If we become isolationists, how will that impact our gene pool and out existence. Was China or Japan isolationists? Is their gene pool strong? We can look at natives who have remained isolationist and see they still walk around naked and cannot tolerate the diseases we walk around with.

we are at this juncture because of our past actions, wars and all. What if we had chosen a different path, would we be here? Would you be here? I muse at the opportunity I missed by not marrying my childhood sweet heart who became rich. Question? If I had married to her, would she have become rich or even be alive ?
If all those deaths had not occurred because of wars, what would be our present population?

Nice article for reflection.

Ric Wells Added Jul 4, 2017 - 8:21pm
Phil wondeful reflection and many thanks for not only sharing but contributing.
Skip Stein Added Jul 5, 2017 - 9:35am
Your very first statement: "Believing the top priority of any government is to care for the people." is incorrect so pretty much negates anything that follows.  Government should keep the people SAFE/Secure, support a free economic system and provide infrastructure to enable society to thrive.  There is NO government, EVER, that was designed or intended to 'care for the people'.  That is a fantasy of liberal/progressives who believe that the World owes them a living.  Time to wake up snowflake; it's tough out in the Real World and there are lots of nastiest things that want to do you in.

Katharine Otto Added Jul 5, 2017 - 10:06am
Ric,
I agree with Skip, but without the insults.  This whole "government as parent" model needs to be re-thought if we ever want to become mature adults.  I've begun to imagine a society in which people actually like each other and work cooperatively because they enjoy each others' company.  Our current competitive environment pits everyone against everyone, but it doesn't have to be that way.
Ric Wells Added Jul 5, 2017 - 10:35am
Your opinion which I do not agree with. There are different forms of care. And I purposely left the sentence ambiguous to see if people would immediately jump to the extreme. I have not been disappointed. Its amazing we read whay we wish to see and not what is there.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 5, 2017 - 11:50am
Ric

This is one way. In Africa they made it the other way around, as you see in that excellent article:

Phil's Personal Perspectives Added Jul 5, 2017 - 12:11pm
 The phrase "care for people" apparently has a different meaning for different people.  Left undefined some people will assign a meaning that goes to their prejudices, both positive and negative.  Is not ensuring  and maintaining defense of the country, providing police, fire, etc protections not acting to take "care of people?"  Most people don't expect our government to teach us to fish but we do expect government to help keep our waterways clean.  Service is what we need to engage in but it is also part of government's job.
opher goodwin Added Jul 7, 2017 - 3:15pm
I share a lot of your sentiments.
wsucram15 Added Jul 8, 2017 - 12:48pm
Actually Ric, I agreed with almost everything you wrote. I love my country but celebrate Memorial day, the Fourth of July and Labor day more for others than myself.   In other words, I know what these days mean..but they are not real to others anymore it seems.  It seems like now they are just long weekends to people.

As far as caring for people, it is the governments responsibility to care for the people but when it does not, we the people must make the people in government accountable.  The Constitution was written that way, checks and balances under close scrutiny of the people.  But, you cant dig a hole  if you refuse to use the shovel, sooo...here we are.

I never gave thoughts to open borders until the other day, I know I dont want them  closed or a WALL built.  WE need to discover our world and have an immigration POLICY that encourages and makes the US flourish as a nation AND also do more to protect cultures with rich heritages.

I cant agree with your ideal on free will however, one cannot believe in a higher being and not be given free will to make your own mistakes and also learn from that in order to become a better spiritual person.  I truly believe you walk your own path in life, you make those choices and while you might have help from time to time, your decisions are always your own.  But whether you like walking the strait path of others or cutting your own path, it is your choices (free will) that determine your life.

Good article Ric..
Ric Wells Added Jul 8, 2017 - 1:06pm
Jeanne when has this govt ever paid attention to the Constitution except when it suited their own means to an end?
As far as the free will issue that's my struggle and I take no sides for anyone else.
My own opinion you cannot discover the world and have an immigration policy that affects just one nation. Almost every policy the US makes affects the globe. It is important this is never forgotten. Goes back to the seven generation theory but on a global scale.
wsucram15 Added Jul 8, 2017 - 2:13pm
Ric..point, but I made my counter point with the "its our duty to dig the hole, but if we refuse to shovel" argument.  The constitution was created with public oversight..but if we dont protect that..its useless.

I agree with you on how we affect other nations and affecting future generations. We must have a way to protect cultures (as in no long term expats for example, unless they give up residency).  But you also cannot lock people in now, the doors have been opened.  So you must limit the flow.
Lets discuss the American Indian, which I admit you know more about than I.  But in that society, they chose to become what they now are, organized as a whole, but separate in cultures from everyone else, including each nation/tribe.
Why cant other cultures do that?  If people respect their culture, or even believe in such a thing.. this is not an issue.  Thats all I am saying.
Katharine Otto Added Jul 8, 2017 - 3:28pm
Ric,

The Constitution was written in secret, by a group of un-elected bankers, lawyers, landowners and mercantilists. Delegates (who believed they were only amending the Articles of Confederation) were locked in Independence Hall for three months to write it. The advocates then by-passed state legislatures to get it ratified.  Thomas Jefferson and John Adams were both out of the country at the time.  Far from having a democracy, or even a republic, Americans have an institutionalized rulership by the elite, as the electoral college and Supreme Court prove.

The Constitution, which most Americans have probably never read, is an economic document that presumes all taxpayers are federal government property.  It gives the federal government control of all "economic narrows," including roads, rivers and other navigable bodies of water, the postal service, money, patents and copyrights, among other things. Most important, it  insures that taxes will support the government first, and does nothing to obligate the government in any way to the taxpayers who pay its way.

BTW, if you were intentionally ambiguous in your use of the word "care," you deserve to be misunderstood.

Recent Articles by Writers Ric Wells follows.