How to Avoid Being Called a Zionist Troll/Hasbara

For some reason I'm often called a Zionist Troll or Hasbara.

It's always a great surprise to me, for one thing I had no idea what a "Hasbara" was until a couple of years ago.  I inquired what that was and was told to cut it out and that I wasn't fooling anyone.  This same person berated me for misspelling the term.

Somewhat bewildered I looked the term up and found out that a Hasbara is an on-line operative that dispenses Israeli propaganda.  I assume this pays well but have no idea.  So far no Israeli has approached me to become one.

People also call me a Zionist Troll.  According to Google a Zionist is someone who supports the development and protection of a Jewish nation (also it's a member of a South African church that combines Christianity with traditional African beliefs.  I did not know this, learn something new everyday).  I always imbued the term with much more commitment than the definition really implies.  So, I guess I fit the technical definition of that term, I don't really FEEL like a Zionist.

So, while I support Israel's right to exist as a state, that is not blind devotion.  I personally think Benjamin Netanyahu is an ass hat (his comments on the Grand Mufti and his influence on Hitler regarding the Holocaust made my teeth clinch and reminded me of my personal belief that politicians should just keep quiet about the things they don't understand), I agree with the U.N. that the West Bank Settlements are illegal and that the real solution is the two-time solution.  If that makes me a Zionist so be it.  What's ironic is that some of the Jewish people I know berate me on-line when I make those views onown.  I guess the only solution is to tell them that, technically, I'm a Zionist.  It also doesn't help that I'm not a Jew (though I've been called that as well).

But, to be honest with you, when someone calls me the above they mean it in a derogatory way.  Yes, I realize that is shocking and disheartening, dear readers.  Surely someone wouldn't just call me something without knowing more about me???????  Well, they do.

So, I decided to come up with a few easy steps on how to avoid becoming a Zionist Troll/Hasbara so that you, the readers of my article, can avoid the heartache of being called a Zionist Troll/Hasbara.

1) Avoid confronting or contradicting someone's crazy-ass conspiracy theory, especially if it includes the words "the Jews/Mossad did it."  You are asking to be called a Zionist Troll/Hasbara if you do this.  I know.  Trust me.  Nod and smile, agree that the Jews own the world and the Mossad has God-like powers and then go have a cold beer.  You will be better off in the long run.

2) Avoid saying anything that can be remotely misconstrued as positive about Israel, even if it is something innocuous like, "I think Gal Godot is hot."  Uh, oh, that's not good.  See, she is an Israeli and actually served in the IDF.  This meant that she spent her tour of duty eating Palestinian children and burning down their villages.  She can never be considered hot.

3) If you are someone like me who enjoys history, particularly WW II history, avoid engaging Holocaust deniers on-line.  Yes, I know, anyone who reads any of my articles will think, "why, you contradictory bastard, you do that all of the time!!!!!!!"  I know.  It's too late for me, save yourselves.  I can guarantee this is the surest way to be called a Zionist Troll/Hasbara.  It's an extension of number one.  Not all whackadoodle conspiracy theorists deny the Holocaust but I find that deniers believe all sorts of crazy crap.  I found out about 9-11 Truthers while visiting a denier blog.

Finally,

4) If you do slip up and get called a Zionist Troll/Hasbara, you will never shake the label.  Sometimes I just go with it and tell them that since they broke my cover they better have lube ready when the Mossad shows up at their door.

Comments

Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:01pm
Tom, I can assure that my soul is fine.

Besides, this isn't the only thing I do.  I have a lot of variety in my life.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:04pm
People can call me whatever they want. As soon as I see that they put me into a drawer I can't take them seriously anymore anyway. Because people who need drawers haven't seen the whole cupboard.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:07pm
Tom

What's wrong with that ? LOL

BTW: I try my best in English, as you know ;-)
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:16pm
Tom

Yes my dear, you're perfectly right. I ask you to pardon me for that, in fact, unfitting and improper expression - and I hope that I will be able in the near future to fulfill the expectations of the dear readers and writers concerning my communication abilities to the fullest extent. I will do my utmost possible to prevent such lapses in future, and again, thank you for your understanding and tolerance, got that, man ? ;-)
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:17pm
LOL
You do make me smile, Dannl.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:22pm
GRRRRR :-)

---but my opinion stands. Drawers are for people who put their pencils on the table according to size LOL
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:24pm
DY

I am 74, 10th grade Amish education

Amish...

I'm sorry. Meet me in the corner....:-)
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:28pm
BTW:

You're not gonna tell me you don't understand German ;-)
John G Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:34pm
Nice try. But over the top. Kelly well knows that hasbara is the Israeli code for propaganda. He's never been called 'a' hasbara.
All part of his act.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:53pm
See, John G proves my point.  You can never escape the label.

I could throw up my hands and say,
"You know, you are right.  It's obvious to any thinking human that the CIA and the Mossad did 9-11.  JFK's ghost escaped the dimension it is sealed in and told me.  He also told me that Oswald was a patsy."

The truth is out there, damnit.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:54pm
 You are under streng meidung I hear. Is it safe? :)

What's that mean ? Must be Amish dialect or so LOL
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:56pm
BTW: Didn't get that other text. German is my mother tongue.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 10, 2017 - 5:17pm
Frankly I blame the X-Files.  I think those kids that grew up in the 90's didn't realize it was fiction.  Same with 24.
Nancy E Head Added Jul 10, 2017 - 5:30pm
Your standing in the secret society is sound and approved. Ssshhhhhh!
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 5:32pm
DY

I'm not shunned really LOL Otherwise I wouldn't be here no more.

But what gets on my nerves here is more and more the POV that "Jews" are the only ones guilty of whatever bullshit. All that generalizing. What have Kissinger or Brzezinski to do with the guy who goes to the disco in Tel Aviv ? Fuck that.

When that small world-spanning elite who doesn't care about nationalities or race but of connections and power can rule the world and succeeds in getting us on fights about races and ideologies, they make a pretty good job in keeping us occupied with blabla while they can quietly carry on their agenda.

...and we're the dumb bastards who only complain on the keyboard LOL
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 6:25pm
DY

I mean a Point Of View that Jews are the only guilty ones - generalizing a whole people.

I KNOW that these two were or in the case of Kiss are Jews - that's why I mentioned them and compared them to "the Jew in the disco in Tel Aviv" ;-)
Jeff Michka Added Jul 10, 2017 - 7:04pm
Dannl Yoder declares: Let me say one thing in support of Germany and I am a NAZI forever. - So, "Dannl," you just declared yourself a Nazi.  Can we call you Nazi Dannl?  It will wear you proud.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 10, 2017 - 7:58pm
@Tom Purcell:
"The X-Files was produced by Jews. Duchovny is a Jew."

Wow!!!! What an absolutely useless fact I could give a shit about!!!!
Tom, that's exhausting. Do you pick all of your TV programs based on Jewishness?
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 10, 2017 - 7:59pm
@Nancy
LOL
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 10, 2017 - 8:02pm
Let's see.
Never read Anne Frank's Diary.
Check.
Never saw Schindler's List.
Check.

Wow, I'm a particularly bad goyim.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 10, 2017 - 8:14pm
I find the concept of an Amish Nazi really strange.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 10, 2017 - 10:14pm
I have no interest, Tom.  Hollywood dramas bore me.  Also, remember how I told you about balance?  I watch movies to be entertained.

Now, I do enjoy a good documentary.  The BBC does an excellent job on documentaries.
Here is a list on a post I started on Skeptics;
John G Added Jul 11, 2017 - 2:56am
Surely the best way to avoid being called a zionist is to not be one.
Zionism is racism after all.
And who actually wants to be a racist?
Jeff Michka Added Jul 11, 2017 - 12:51pm
Jeffrey Kelly notes: I find the concept of an Amish Nazi really strange- They seig hiel with plainess.  No armband, jack boots optional. Nazi Dannl implores: I prefer you call me by my first name, you are not in the club.;) - I'll call you what you claim to be, so keeping in step with not "normalizing" nazism, which is a WB thing. Nazis are not normal, good Americans, they're friggin nazis. Don't wanna be in the nazi club.
Billy Roper Added Jul 11, 2017 - 1:06pm
In the article, you spelled "don't be a Shabbos Goy shill for Jews" wrong.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 11, 2017 - 1:19pm
Let me check my emotional give 'o shit meter and see if I care.

Hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm.......
No, don't give a shit.
Did you enjoy my comments on your video, Billy?  So, is it OK to sleep with a minority if said minority woman is not?

It's purely theoretical, Billy.  I'm a happily married man but I want to know if you white nationalist types can keep your options open, i.e. in cases where the minority woman is smoking hot.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 11, 2017 - 1:20pm
Substitute "not" for "hot," it sucks I can't edit my comments.
Jeff Michka Added Jul 11, 2017 - 4:40pm
Jeffrey Kelly sez: but I want to know if you white nationalist types can keep your options open, i.e. in cases where the minority woman is smoking hot.-LOL.  like it better without the correction, Jeffrey.  And there is a way to edit, but extremely arcane and time consuming, though not via Writerbeat.-AND- Amish nazis keep the furniture in line...
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 11, 2017 - 5:02pm
LOL
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 11, 2017 - 5:15pm
I think I like you, Dannl.  You are pretty funny.
Now, I don't normally like Nazis on principle....but, don't take it personally.  A man has to have SOME principles, right?
LOL
Jeff Michka Added Jul 11, 2017 - 10:02pm
Of course, Billy the Nazi and his steadfast "white-only" cohorts wouldn't shy away from a minority woman.  When it come to sex, got a feeling race takes a hike.  One of the Nazi collective on WB trolls for Hispanic hookers.  Goodness know what other races, too.  Hmmm.  Principally, eh?
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 11, 2017 - 11:18pm
LOL, yup.  It's forbidden fruit.
John Minehan Added Jul 12, 2017 - 1:26pm
From Wikipedia: "Public diplomacy in Israel (also hasbara, Hebrew: הַסְבָּרָה‎‎ hasbará, 'explaining') . . . ."

OK, there is a grammatical issue with the description right off the bat, how can Kelly, by himself, be "explaining?"

How can any one man be a gerund?

If he is hasbara, it is being used as a noun, a synonym, rather than a verb stating Kelly's action.
John Minehan Added Jul 12, 2017 - 1:41pm
"I find the concept of an Amish Nazi really strange."
As would those German Hutterites who were persecuted under the Reich . . . .  but see . . . .

Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 12, 2017 - 1:52pm
John M., that's a fascinating article you linked to.
It's one of the things I find strange with Evangelicals of any stripe, why would they vote for a twice-divorced, thrice married serial philanderer?

The answer, at least the way I perceive it, is they sold their souls (so to speak) for an opportunity to remake this country in the image they desire.  So, in a way it was the last chance to stop the slide of this country into a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah.  With Trump they have the president they want, the Congress and Senate that they want, to stop all the progressive immorality from continuing.

So, they are willing to overlook Trump's....indescretions....to get what they want.  To me it is the height of hypocrisy.

John Minehan Added Jul 12, 2017 - 2:41pm
Jeff, think of it this way, as a good friend and former colleague, a devout and sincere Evangelical, has explained it to me.

They believe it is biblically legitimate due to the role of the Zoroastrian (or, at least, Mazdaist) Cyrus of Persia in the deliverance of Israel from the Babylonian captivity.

Understand what an important figure Cyrus is in Judaism . . . and subsequently in Christianity.  He is the template for the Mosiach, who is given Cyrus (and his successors') title as "King of Kings" (Shahanshah) a title (as seen in the 1962 film) that is also given to J-s-s of Nazareth.

They don't see deliverance by someone from outside of their faith as being unprecedented and as something well within G-d's Plan.

The problem is, as I have pointed out to my friend, although I didn't know Cyrus of Persia, DJT is no Cyrus of Persia.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 12, 2017 - 2:47pm
LOL, no, he is not.
Jeff Michka Added Jul 12, 2017 - 9:40pm
DJT is no Cyrus of Persia-He thinks he's "Lawrence of New York."
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 12, 2017 - 9:54pm
LOL
John Minehan Added Jul 13, 2017 - 12:37pm
"DJT is no Cyrus of Persia-He thinks he's 'Lawrence of New York.'"

He's no T.E. Lawrence, either.  Although that "sword dance" thing  was somewhat culturally appropriate for a Scots immigrant's son.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 13, 2017 - 12:53pm
Ironically the Scots can't stand their prodigal son.
Jeff Michka Added Jul 13, 2017 - 2:41pm
John M notes: He's no T.E. Lawrence, either.- That be very true.
Maureen Foster Added Jul 13, 2017 - 9:19pm
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 13, 2017 - 9:28pm
Doesn't really bother me, Maureen.  It says more about them than me.
John G Added Jul 14, 2017 - 4:55am

Foster: If someone is anti-Semitic they will call you a Zionist troll for being Jewish and conversing on the internet.  So the only way to avoid being called that is to avoid speaking to anti-Semites on the internet.
Wow. That's circular logic worthy of an award. Congratulations.
If you don't want to be called a zionist, don't be a zionist. If you don't want to be called a zionist troll don't try to dishonestly hide your zionism, like Kelly does.
He's a fraud.

Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 14, 2017 - 7:31am
Keep outing me like that John G, I'll tell the Mossad to forget the lube when they visit you at your home.
John G Added Jul 14, 2017 - 8:52pm
Hasbara is derived from the old Hebrew word, “l’hasbir” which means “to explain”. It is next to impossible on researching more about the Hasbara Project becuse of its influence on the media, and the common-use of the word “hasbara” for “Israel foreign policy”. While there is a physical hasbara project, hasbara itself stands for something much more broad: The downplaying of Israeli war crimes, justification for Palestinian subjection, and Middle Eastern propaganda. You see it everyday, at bookstores, in newspapers, on the news, in your children’s schools–It’s influence is egregious. Hasbara is a mission: To gain American support for Israel. It’s current mission? Well, the Iranian’s “nuclear activity” headlines can say enough.
THE HASBARA PROJECT
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 14, 2017 - 10:41pm
I'm struggling to give a shot, John.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 14, 2017 - 10:42pm
Substitute "shot" for "shit," John.  Sorry, spell check is a pain in the ass.
John G Added Jul 14, 2017 - 11:56pm
And yet you published an article about it.
Intellectual honesty and consistency can be a pain in the arse too, can't it?
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 15, 2017 - 12:26am
Let me check my emotional "Give a Shit-O-Meter," John.

Hhhhhhhmmmm, no, don't give a shit.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 15, 2017 - 12:40am

Let me help you, John:
Hasbara Troll attributes
Supreme point of view
The Hasbara troll knows best
Condescending & Patronising
Socialist (Smart and 'caring')
Do not have to be Jewish but Pro-Israel
Internet experts
Narcissistic
Provocative
Dis-ruptive
Like to ask the questions, not answer questions
Control freaks
Inflamed by anyone being critical of Israel
'Moral' Guardians
Classic insults: Anti-semite, Neo- Nazi, White Supremacist, Holocaust denier
Adept with social networks well trained on IT

I got that on a simple internet search.  Google is your friend, John.
Jeff Michka Added Jul 16, 2017 - 3:48pm
Ol' "I'm jez a Country Boy," Danal Yoder is now trying to duck out of his self declaration of Amish Nazihood.  LOL.
Jeff Michka Added Jul 16, 2017 - 4:07pm
You did say so, corncob...: July 10: @Jefferey, why should you escape? I painted in oils for several years and no one called me an artist. Let me say one thing in support of Germany and I am a NAZI forever.- I won't give you an out by saying you were just being "controversial". It's from this thread, too.
Jeff Michka Added Jul 16, 2017 - 4:08pm
No, there is a D anal, but no "Dannl"...
Jeff Michka Added Jul 19, 2017 - 7:15pm
Jeffrey Kelly: Wow, seems that site you referred me to takes forever to "approve" posts.  Two replies "in the pipeline."
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 19, 2017 - 7:32pm
Glad to have you!!!!  Do you go by Jeff Michka there?
Jeff Michka Added Jul 19, 2017 - 10:41pm
Jeffrey Kelly sez: Glad to have you!!!!  Do you go by Jeff Michka there?As you've noticed by now, I do not.  :-) Mystically, speaking.  LOL  Looks like all is well.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 19, 2017 - 10:50pm
Be prepared for some disagreement on the subject you picked.
Jeff Michka Added Jul 19, 2017 - 11:09pm
Jeffrey Kelly sez: Be prepared for some disagreement on the subject you picked.-I expect howling, although seems a reasonable crowd.  I read the whole thread, so suspect some blowback.
Simply Jews Added Sep 14, 2017 - 5:14am
Good points, Jeffrey, although sometimes difficult to follow. I am usually ready to confess to any Zio-crime, no matter how revolting, genocidal or whatever. It is only that some especially frisky folks, like Dannl here, tend to repeat themselves endlessly. It becomes annoying after a while.

Give me a fresh International Jewish Conspiracy every day and I couldn't be happier, but stale ones are... stale.

Cheers.
Digvijaysinh Jadeja Added Sep 14, 2017 - 5:31am
So you love fashion. Like really, really love fashion. But shelling out the dough for FIDM doesn’t seem like it’s in the cards, and starting a clothing line from scratch is a pretty tall order. So what’re you supposed to do? Start a blog, that’s what.
MORE: The Most Popular Pose on Instagram that Bloggers Love
Yes, we know. It’s a lot easier said than done. But once you’ve got your content picked out, your aesthetic polished and have brushed up on your photography skills, what it really comes down to is picking the best blog site. And not all sites are created equal.
MORE: These Dubai Bloggers Look Identical to Kim Kardashian and Kylie Jenner
We’re giving you a leg up by pointing you in the direction of some of the best low-cost and free blog sites out there. Because 2017 over halfway through, and it’s finally time to get to work.

Read more: http://stylecaster.com/best-free-blog-sites/#ixzz4se0HNqYF
Jeff Michka Added Sep 14, 2017 - 9:20pm
Simply Jews notes: I am usually ready to confess to any Zio-crime-Cool. it was so fun Nazi baiting here by declaring I was on the payroll of The International Zionist Conspiracy when accused of being a Jew and Zionist.  LOL  WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS, AGREE WITH THEM!
Flying Junior Added Sep 15, 2017 - 2:25am
Jeffrey and Simply,

To a degree, I understand both of you as far as I have read your articles.  Will check in again in the future.  I'm not sure Zionist is really supposed to be a bad word, but each to their own.  As far as my comment about Rabin, what I was trying to ask was who was it who by assassinating Rabin effectively destroyed the moderate political movement in Israel.  I do not impugn the character of Ehud Barak or other liberal heroes.  But you may agree with me that Netanyahu is not a force for peace.  Yitzhak Rabin was a soldier who understood the devastation and pain of war.  He felt genuine empathy for the Palestinian people.  I felt his assassination very deeply.  This probably sounds silly to you, but as a young Christian, I asked my pastor if he could get into heaven.  (Just to start a conversation.)  Pastor Rich said that it was God who decides who receives eternal life, not men.  I'm sure he is there now.

BTW.  Bob Marley and the Rastafarians also reference Zion.  Back in the 1970s even Christians could sing about Zion.
Simply Jews Added Sep 15, 2017 - 4:15am
"But you may agree with me that Netanyahu is not a force for peace."
Unfortunately, Netanyahu is more of a force for keeping self in the chair than anything else, with this I can agree.

The problem with the peacemaking is that a lot of us here who applauded the Oslo accords, very soon got turned off by Arafat's "negotiations and armed resistance" which killed 1400 Israelis.

And additional injection of pessimism was 2005 "disengagement" from Gaza, which was hoped to be a start of new era of exemplary neighborhoodship and instead became a nightmare...

Jeffrey Kelly Added Sep 15, 2017 - 11:07am
@Simply Jews:

I agree that both sides need to accept certain realities.  Israel needs security and the Palestinians need a home.
Simply Jews Added Sep 15, 2017 - 11:13am
Right. And to start with, both sides could benefit by getting a leader with cojones, but so far no such person on the horizon for both.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Sep 15, 2017 - 5:40pm
I remember the last time when I was called a zionist in a string of slurs...oh wait, that was just John G!
*g*
John G Added Sep 19, 2017 - 2:29am
Jeffrey Kelly Added Sep 19, 2017 - 10:05am
YouTube videos are so compelling.  I can feel the crazy seeping into me right now.
John G Added Sep 20, 2017 - 4:06am

Israel's ongoing military occupation of Palestinian territory and its repeated invasions of the Gaza strip have triggered a fierce backlash against Israeli policies virtually everywhere in the world — except the United States. The Occupation of the American Mind takes an eye-opening look at this critical exception, zeroing in on pro-Israel public relations efforts within the U.S. Narrated by Roger Waters and featuring leading observers of the Israeli–Palestinian conflict, the film explores how the Israeli government, the U.S. government, and the pro-Israel lobby have joined forces, often with very different motives, to shape American media coverage of the conflict in Israel's favor. The Occupation of the American Mind provides a sweeping analysis of Israel's decades-long battle for the hearts, minds, and tax dollars of the American people — a battle that has only intensified over the past few years in the face of widening international condemnation of Israel's increasingly right-wing policies. (Running time: 85 mins)

FEATURING
ROGER WATERS, the narrator of The Occupation of the American Mind, is an English rock musician, singer-songwriter, and composer. He is best known as the bass player, co-lead vocalist, lyricist, and principal songwriter in the rock band Pink Floyd. Over the last few years, he has emerged as a prominent advocate for Palestinian human rights.
AMIRA HASS is the correspondent for the Occupied Territories for Haaretz, Israel's oldest daily newspaper. As the correspondent for the territories, Hass spent three years living in Gaza, which served as the basis for her widely acclaimed book Drinking the Sea at Gaza. She has lived in the West Bank city of Ramallah since 1997.
M.J. ROSENBERG was a Congressional aide for 15 years and worked on the staff of the America Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), the largest pro-Israel lobbying group in the United States, before becoming a fierce critic of U.S. policy in the Middle East. He has worked for the media watchdog group Media Matters, writes a weekly column for the Huffington Post, and runs a popular blog that looks at issues related to the Israeli–Palestinian conflict.
STEPHEN M. WALT is Professor of International Affairs at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government and the author of numerous books on U.S. politics and international affairs, most notably The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy. He has also been a Resident Associate of the Carnegie Endowment for Peace, a Guest Scholar at the Brookings Institution, and has served as a consultant for the Institute of Defense Analyses, the Center for Naval Analyses, and the National Defense University.
NOAM CHOMSKY is a leading U.S. political theorist and activist, and institute professor of linguistics at the Massachusetts Institute for Technology. He is the author of dozens of books on political propaganda and U.S. policy in the Middle East, including Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media and Hegemony or Survival: America’s Quest for Global Dominance. The New York Times has called him "the most important intellectual alive."
RULA JEBREAL is a foreign policy analyst, journalist, novelist, and screenwriter with both Israeli and Italian citizenship. Jebreal became the first foreign anchorwoman in the history of Italian television, winning a Media Watch award for her coverage of the Iraq war, and by age 33 earned the highest European journalism award, the International Ischia Award for Best Journalist of the Year. She was also a commentator for MSNBC.
HENRY SIEGMAN is a research professor in the Middle East Program at the School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London, a Senior Fellow on the Middle East at the Council on Foreign Relations, and former national director of the American Jewish Congress. He was ordained as an Orthodox Rabbi, and was awarded the Bronze Star and the Purple Heart for his service as a chaplain during the Korean War.
RASHID KHALIDI is one of the world’s foremost scholars on modern Middle East history. He is currently Edward Said Professor of Modern Arab Studies at Columbia University, and the author of numerous acclaimed books on the Israeli–Palestinian conflict, including The Iron Cage: The Story of the Palestinian Struggle for Statehood and, most recently, Brokers of Deceit: How the U.S. has Undermined Peace in the Middle East.
John G Added Sep 20, 2017 - 4:08am

RAMI KHOURI is the Director of the Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairs at the American University of Beirut, as well as a columnist at the Beirut-based Daily Star newspaper. He is a Palestinian–Jordanian and U.S. citizen and resides with his family in Beirut and Nazareth.
YOUSEF MUNAYYER, a political analyst and writer, is Executive Director of the U.S. Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation. Previously he was the Executive Director of the Jerusalem Fund and Palestine Center, and served as a policy analyst for the American–Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC). He writes on matters of foreign policy in the Arab and Muslim world and civil rights and civil liberties in the United States, and is a frequent commentator on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, NBC, CBS, Al-Jazeera English, and C-Span.
NORMAN FINKELSTEIN is an American political scientist, activist, and author of numerous books on the Israeli–Palestinian conflict, including The Holocaust Industry: Reflections on the Exploitation of Jewish Suffering and Image and Reality of the Israeli–Palestinian Conflict. He was also the subject of the critically acclaimed 2009 documentary American Radical: The Trials of Norman Finkelstein.
MAX BLUMENTHAL is an award-winning journalist for The Nation magazine and New York Times bestselling author of several books on right-wing politics and the Middle East conflict, including Republican Gomorrah: Inside the Movement that Shattered the Party, Goliath: Life and Loathing in Greater Israel, and, most recently, The 51-Day War: Ruin and Resistance in Gaza. His on-the-ground video reports about right-wing pro-Israel sentiment within the U.S. and Israel have generated millions of hits on YouTube.
PHYLLIS BENNIS is a writer, activist, and policy analyst on Middle East and UN issues. She is currently the Director of the New Internationalism Project at the Institute for Policy Studies in Washington D.C., and helped found the U.S. Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation. She writes and speaks widely in the U.S. and around the world, is a frequent commentator on the conflict in U.S. news media, and is the author of several books, including Understanding the Palestinian–Israeli Conflict: A Primer and Ending the War in Afghanistan: A Primer.
NORMAN SOLOMON is a journalist, media critic, and the author of more than a dozen books on U.S. news media and political propaganda, including War Made Easy: How Presidents & Pundits Keep Spinning Us to Death and Unreliable Sources: A Guide to Detecting Bias in News Media. He also founded the alternative news source The Institute for Public Accuracy and the online activist group RootsAction.org, and in 2012 was a candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives in California.
MARK CRISPIN MILLER is professor of media studies at New York University and one of America’s foremost authorities on advertising, public relations, and political propaganda. He has made frequent appearances in documentaries about U.S. media culture, and is the author of several books, including Boxed In: The Culture of TV and Cruel and Unusual: Bush/Cheney's New World Order.
PETER HART is the communications director for the National Coalition Against Censorship. Previously he was the activism director for the media watchdog group Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR), a writer for FAIR's magazine Extra!, and was a co-host and producer of FAIR's syndicated radio show CounterSpin. He is also the author of The Oh Really? Factor: Unspinning Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly.
SUT JHALLY is professor of Communication at the University of Massachusetts, a leading scholar on advertising, public relations, and political propaganda, and the author of several books, including The Codes of Advertising and Enlightened Racism. He is also the founder and Executive Director of the Media Education Foundation, a documentary film company that looks at issues related to U.S. media and public attitudes. He is the producer and director of dozens of documentaries about U.S. politics and media culture, including Peace, Propaganda & the Promised Land: U.S. Media & the Israeli–Palestinian Conflict.

ABOUT THE FILMMAKERS
John G Added Sep 20, 2017 - 4:09am
ABOUT THE FILMMAKERS
The Occupation of the American Mind is a production of The Media Education Foundation (MEF), a Massachusetts-based organization that produces and distributes educational films about the social, cultural, and political impact of American mass media.
LORETTA ALPER (co-director, co-producer, co-writer) has produced and/or directed several documentary films for the Media Education Foundation (MEF), including Captive Audience: Advertising Invades the Classroom; Class Dismissed: How TV Frames the Working Class, and War Made Easy: How Presidents & Pundits Keep Spinning Us to Death. In addition, she heads up MEF's media research team. Prior to joining MEF in 2000, she was a high school English teacher in Amherst, Mass., worked for a number of independent print and radio outlets, curated an independent film series, and was a 35-mm film projectionist.
JEREMY EARP (co-director, co-producer, co-writer) has produced and/or directed several MEF films, including Hijacking Catastrophe: 9/11, Fear & the Selling of American Empire; The Mean World Syndrome: Media, Violence & the Cultivation of Fear; Reel Bad Arabs: How Hollywood Vilifies a People; Not Just a Game: Power, Politics & American Sports; Tough Guise 2: Violence, Manhood & American Culture, and Blood & Oil, which takes a critical look at the U.S. alliance with Saudi Arabia and the militarization of American energy policy. Prior to joining MEF, he taught at New School University and Parsons School of Design in New York, at the Art Institute of Boston and Northeastern University in Massachusetts, and worked as a news and sports reporter for a daily newspaper in Greater Boston.
SUT JHALLY (executive producer) is the founder and Executive Director of the Media Education Foundation, a documentary film company that looks at issues related to U.S. media and public attitudes. He is the producer, director, or executive producer of dozens of MEF films, including Peace, Propaganda & the Promised Land: U.S. Media & the Israeli–Palestinian Conflict; Hijacking Catastrophe: 9/11, Fear & the Selling of American Empire; Dreamworlds: Desire, Sex & Power in Music Video; Advertising & the End of the World; Wrestling with Manhood: Boys, Bullying & Battering; and Tough Guise: Violence, Media & the Crisis in Masculinity. He is also professor of Communication at the University of Massachusetts, a leading scholar on advertising, public relations, and political propaganda, and the author of several books, including The Codes of Advertising, Enlightened Racism, and The Spectacle of Accumulation.
JASON YOUNG (editor, co-producer) has edited and co-produced several documentaries for the Media Education Foundation, including Guyland: Where Boys Become Men; Not Just a Game: Power, Politics & American Sports; Tough Guise 2: Violence, Manhood & American Culture; White Like Me: Race, Racism, and White Privilege in America; and Consuming Kids: The Commercialization of Childhood.

CREDITS
Executive Producer SUT JHALLY
Written, Produced & Directed by LORETTA ALPER & JEREMY EARP
Edited by JASON YOUNG & JEREMY EARP
Co-Produced by JASON YOUNG
Associate Producer GEORGE MATTA
Sound Mix & Color RIKK DESGRES, PINEHURST PICTURES & SOUND
Camera KATE GEIS, TAYLOR GENTRY, DANIEL MARRACINO, DAVID MELLO, DAVID RABINOVITZ, TOM ROBERTSON, STUART VOSE
Motion Graphics TOM PAPPALARDO, STANDARD DESIGN
Additional Grahpics JASON YOUNG
Music LAYAALI ARABIC MUSIC ENSEMBLE, SIMON WILKINSON, PETER McISAAC MUSIC, JASIRI X
Additional Graphics JASON YOUNG
Running time: 85 MINS
Jeffrey Kelly Added Sep 20, 2017 - 8:50am
I always liked Roger Waters.  Pink Floyd is one of my favorite bands.  The Wall is a true classic.  I've owned it on CD, vinyl and cassette.
FOUSESQUAWK Added Sep 20, 2017 - 1:43pm
Chomsky? Blumenthal? Finkelstein? Waters? Khalidi?

Really?
Jeffrey Kelly Added Sep 20, 2017 - 2:03pm
@FOUSESQUAWK:
Just nod and smile.  If you don't John G. will call you a Zionist Troll.
Simply Jews Added Sep 20, 2017 - 3:19pm
;-)

Recent Articles by Writers Jeffrey Kelly follows.