How to Avoid Being Called a Zionist Troll/Hasbara

For some reason I'm often called a Zionist Troll or Hasbara.

It's always a great surprise to me, for one thing I had no idea what a "Hasbara" was until a couple of years ago.  I inquired what that was and was told to cut it out and that I wasn't fooling anyone.  This same person berated me for misspelling the term.

Somewhat bewildered I looked the term up and found out that a Hasbara is an on-line operative that dispenses Israeli propaganda.  I assume this pays well but have no idea.  So far no Israeli has approached me to become one.

People also call me a Zionist Troll.  According to Google a Zionist is someone who supports the development and protection of a Jewish nation (also it's a member of a South African church that combines Christianity with traditional African beliefs.  I did not know this, learn something new everyday).  I always imbued the term with much more commitment than the definition really implies.  So, I guess I fit the technical definition of that term, I don't really FEEL like a Zionist.

So, while I support Israel's right to exist as a state, that is not blind devotion.  I personally think Benjamin Netanyahu is an ass hat (his comments on the Grand Mufti and his influence on Hitler regarding the Holocaust made my teeth clinch and reminded me of my personal belief that politicians should just keep quiet about the things they don't understand), I agree with the U.N. that the West Bank Settlements are illegal and that the real solution is the two-time solution.  If that makes me a Zionist so be it.  What's ironic is that some of the Jewish people I know berate me on-line when I make those views onown.  I guess the only solution is to tell them that, technically, I'm a Zionist.  It also doesn't help that I'm not a Jew (though I've been called that as well).

But, to be honest with you, when someone calls me the above they mean it in a derogatory way.  Yes, I realize that is shocking and disheartening, dear readers.  Surely someone wouldn't just call me something without knowing more about me???????  Well, they do.

So, I decided to come up with a few easy steps on how to avoid becoming a Zionist Troll/Hasbara so that you, the readers of my article, can avoid the heartache of being called a Zionist Troll/Hasbara.

1) Avoid confronting or contradicting someone's crazy-ass conspiracy theory, especially if it includes the words "the Jews/Mossad did it."  You are asking to be called a Zionist Troll/Hasbara if you do this.  I know.  Trust me.  Nod and smile, agree that the Jews own the world and the Mossad has God-like powers and then go have a cold beer.  You will be better off in the long run.

2) Avoid saying anything that can be remotely misconstrued as positive about Israel, even if it is something innocuous like, "I think Gal Godot is hot."  Uh, oh, that's not good.  See, she is an Israeli and actually served in the IDF.  This meant that she spent her tour of duty eating Palestinian children and burning down their villages.  She can never be considered hot.

3) If you are someone like me who enjoys history, particularly WW II history, avoid engaging Holocaust deniers on-line.  Yes, I know, anyone who reads any of my articles will think, "why, you contradictory bastard, you do that all of the time!!!!!!!"  I know.  It's too late for me, save yourselves.  I can guarantee this is the surest way to be called a Zionist Troll/Hasbara.  It's an extension of number one.  Not all whackadoodle conspiracy theorists deny the Holocaust but I find that deniers believe all sorts of crazy crap.  I found out about 9-11 Truthers while visiting a denier blog.

Finally,

4) If you do slip up and get called a Zionist Troll/Hasbara, you will never shake the label.  Sometimes I just go with it and tell them that since they broke my cover they better have lube ready when the Mossad shows up at their door.

Comments

Tom C. Purcell Added Jul 10, 2017 - 3:58pm
Maybe it's time for you to take a break from the subject of WWII and the H-words.  It's dark stuff, no matter one's point of view and discussing it at length too often can weigh heavy on the soul.  I can relate.

And for the record I never called you any names....well, other than Jewey Kelly.  ;)
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:01pm
Tom, I can assure that my soul is fine.

Besides, this isn't the only thing I do.  I have a lot of variety in my life.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:04pm
People can call me whatever they want. As soon as I see that they put me into a drawer I can't take them seriously anymore anyway. Because people who need drawers haven't seen the whole cupboard.
Tom C. Purcell Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:06pm
You can do better than that analogy,  Stone.  I expect  more from you...."the whole cupboard"...come on, Friedli!
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:07pm
Tom

What's wrong with that ? LOL

BTW: I try my best in English, as you know ;-)
Tom C. Purcell Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:09pm
I was kidding mostly, but your English is good enough to do better, you know that!  ;)
Dannl Yoder Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:14pm
"It's too late for me, save yourself"
I spit my homebrew out!

I am 74, 10th grade Amish education, don't pity me, but I do accept donations to further my ignorance.,:)
Enjoyed your article Jeff, you troll! You hasbrow Tonka toy, you kike! You less than meaningful blogger, you, you ..scuse me, I have some homebrew in the Works
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:16pm
Tom

Yes my dear, you're perfectly right. I ask you to pardon me for that, in fact, unfitting and improper expression - and I hope that I will be able in the near future to fulfill the expectations of the dear readers and writers concerning my communication abilities to the fullest extent. I will do my utmost possible to prevent such lapses in future, and again, thank you for your understanding and tolerance, got that, man ? ;-)
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:17pm
LOL
You do make me smile, Dannl.
Tom C. Purcell Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:18pm
See, your English is just fine.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:22pm
GRRRRR :-)

---but my opinion stands. Drawers are for people who put their pencils on the table according to size LOL
Tom C. Purcell Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:23pm
Heh, sure!  :)
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:24pm
DY

I am 74, 10th grade Amish education

Amish...

I'm sorry. Meet me in the corner....:-)
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:28pm
BTW:

You're not gonna tell me you don't understand German ;-)
John G Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:34pm
Nice try. But over the top. Kelly well knows that hasbara is the Israeli code for propaganda. He's never been called 'a' hasbara.
All part of his act.
Dannl Yoder Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:44pm
@Stone-eater. Meet you in the box. Haha. You are under streng meidung I hear. Is it safe? :)
I thought I answered your other text in German, but for official purposes I replied with "wo haben sie Deutsch gelernnt? Mein ist ein dialect aus dunnelstein" ( dunnelstein Id My Scottish Father's  play word for bagpiper town. Hahaha)
Dannl Yoder Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:50pm
@John. That is actually calling him what exactly? His method of how not to be called..... Did not work?
Reminds me of my first visit to a city- true story- I walked passing a phone booth that continued to rang. I answered and a voice asked "is this the suicide hot line?"" No, this is a phone booth on Washington Street.'
" you mean, I can't even get this one thing right,?"
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:53pm
See, John G proves my point.  You can never escape the label.

I could throw up my hands and say,
"You know, you are right.  It's obvious to any thinking human that the CIA and the Mossad did 9-11.  JFK's ghost escaped the dimension it is sealed in and told me.  He also told me that Oswald was a patsy."

The truth is out there, damnit.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:54pm
 You are under streng meidung I hear. Is it safe? :)

What's that mean ? Must be Amish dialect or so LOL
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:56pm
BTW: Didn't get that other text. German is my mother tongue.
Dannl Yoder Added Jul 10, 2017 - 4:59pm
@ Jefferey. I knew it all along. Feels great to confess, ay? One Question, if Oswald was a Patsy, then what was his name after he changed it?...waiting... Answer: Art Linkletter
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 10, 2017 - 5:17pm
Frankly I blame the X-Files.  I think those kids that grew up in the 90's didn't realize it was fiction.  Same with 24.
Dannl Yoder Added Jul 10, 2017 - 5:18pm
@Stone-eater. Streng Meidung. Yes it is A dialect... Means shunning.
There was a game we played as kids, English have " last one is a rotten egg" ours was  running to the box an inside area well known to Swiss Amish, and shouting last one is Streng meidung.
Last one is strongly shunned
Tom C. Purcell Added Jul 10, 2017 - 5:18pm
The X-Files was produced by Jews.  Duchovny is a Jew.
Tom C. Purcell Added Jul 10, 2017 - 5:22pm
So now you're blaming the Jews, Jeffrey.  ;)
Nancy E Head Added Jul 10, 2017 - 5:30pm
Your standing in the secret society is sound and approved. Ssshhhhhh!
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 5:32pm
DY

I'm not shunned really LOL Otherwise I wouldn't be here no more.

But what gets on my nerves here is more and more the POV that "Jews" are the only ones guilty of whatever bullshit. All that generalizing. What have Kissinger or Brzezinski to do with the guy who goes to the disco in Tel Aviv ? Fuck that.

When that small world-spanning elite who doesn't care about nationalities or race but of connections and power can rule the world and succeeds in getting us on fights about races and ideologies, they make a pretty good job in keeping us occupied with blabla while they can quietly carry on their agenda.

...and we're the dumb bastards who only complain on the keyboard LOL
Dannl Yoder Added Jul 10, 2017 - 5:37pm
The book Schindler's list ( actually Schindler's Ark) is fiction and listed as such.
I love the photos though.. " #1Aman Goeth standing on his balcony
#2 Sman Goeth shooting Jews from his balcony. Doesn't show targets just a man 20 years younger firing a rifle at an unknown target.
#3 Aman Goeth at a concentration camp mounted on his horse.
Great! I see a white horse with a rider, a wagon  drawn with goods, but where are prisoners? Barbed wire? Anything but the commentster telling me what to see?

Tom C. Purcell Added Jul 10, 2017 - 5:41pm
Good point, Dannl.  The only reason I refer to the film, 'Schindler's List' from time to time in bitter tones, is because it was mandatory viewing for 13-15 year olds in American public schools for at least 12+ years.  I'm not sure if it still is, but why would a work of fiction from the same clown who made 'E.T.', in Spielberg?  Why - because he has a creative imagination.
Tom C. Purcell Added Jul 10, 2017 - 5:42pm
 - - "why would a work of fiction from the same clown who made 'E.T'., be mandatory viewing".
Dannl Yoder Added Jul 10, 2017 - 5:52pm
@Tom..hahaha,"why would a work of fiction from the same clown who made 'E.T.' be mandatory viewing?"
The same reason people believe Abe LinCOLN,in 1861, called an emergency meeting of "Congress" after the Southern Delegates walked out" how can you have "Congress" when only Northern delegates are left?
Two chances here:
Schlinder chance and none:)
Dannl Yoder Added Jul 10, 2017 - 5:58pm
@ Stone-eater. Good points, I don't know what "POV Jews means.
You do know that Kissinger is Jew and so was Brezenzski? Or was your point about something else?
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 10, 2017 - 6:25pm
DY

I mean a Point Of View that Jews are the only guilty ones - generalizing a whole people.

I KNOW that these two were or in the case of Kiss are Jews - that's why I mentioned them and compared them to "the Jew in the disco in Tel Aviv" ;-)
Dannl Yoder Added Jul 10, 2017 - 6:41pm
@stone-eater. Got it.
Dannl Yoder Added Jul 10, 2017 - 6:43pm
Jeff Michka Added Jul 10, 2017 - 7:04pm
Dannl Yoder declares: Let me say one thing in support of Germany and I am a NAZI forever. - So, "Dannl," you just declared yourself a Nazi.  Can we call you Nazi Dannl?  It will wear you proud.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 10, 2017 - 7:58pm
@Tom Purcell:
"The X-Files was produced by Jews. Duchovny is a Jew."

Wow!!!! What an absolutely useless fact I could give a shit about!!!!
Tom, that's exhausting. Do you pick all of your TV programs based on Jewishness?
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 10, 2017 - 7:59pm
@Nancy
LOL
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 10, 2017 - 8:02pm
Let's see.
Never read Anne Frank's Diary.
Check.
Never saw Schindler's List.
Check.

Wow, I'm a particularly bad goyim.
Dannl Yoder Added Jul 10, 2017 - 8:04pm
@Jeff Michka,
I prefer you call me by my first name, you are not in the club.;)
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 10, 2017 - 8:14pm
I find the concept of an Amish Nazi really strange.
Tom C. Purcell Added Jul 10, 2017 - 9:07pm
Jeffrey, I generally avoid mainstream media and fictional TV, but I still watch stuff sometimes.
Tom C. Purcell Added Jul 10, 2017 - 9:58pm
I think at this point, Jeffrey, it would be well worth your time to watch 'Schindler's List.'  Despite the demonization of the German, it's a fine film.  You just have to realize it's a Jew's fantasy.
Tom C. Purcell Added Jul 10, 2017 - 9:58pm
Just remember, it's fiction.  Liam Neeson was superb in the movie.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 10, 2017 - 10:14pm
I have no interest, Tom.  Hollywood dramas bore me.  Also, remember how I told you about balance?  I watch movies to be entertained.

Now, I do enjoy a good documentary.  The BBC does an excellent job on documentaries.
Here is a list on a post I started on Skeptics;
John G Added Jul 11, 2017 - 2:56am
Surely the best way to avoid being called a zionist is to not be one.
Zionism is racism after all.
And who actually wants to be a racist?
Jeff Michka Added Jul 11, 2017 - 12:51pm
Jeffrey Kelly notes: I find the concept of an Amish Nazi really strange- They seig hiel with plainess.  No armband, jack boots optional. Nazi Dannl implores: I prefer you call me by my first name, you are not in the club.;) - I'll call you what you claim to be, so keeping in step with not "normalizing" nazism, which is a WB thing. Nazis are not normal, good Americans, they're friggin nazis. Don't wanna be in the nazi club.
Billy Roper Added Jul 11, 2017 - 1:06pm
In the article, you spelled "don't be a Shabbos Goy shill for Jews" wrong.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 11, 2017 - 1:19pm
Let me check my emotional give 'o shit meter and see if I care.

Hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm.......
No, don't give a shit.
Did you enjoy my comments on your video, Billy?  So, is it OK to sleep with a minority if said minority woman is not?

It's purely theoretical, Billy.  I'm a happily married man but I want to know if you white nationalist types can keep your options open, i.e. in cases where the minority woman is smoking hot.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 11, 2017 - 1:20pm
Substitute "not" for "hot," it sucks I can't edit my comments.
Jeff Michka Added Jul 11, 2017 - 4:40pm
Jeffrey Kelly sez: but I want to know if you white nationalist types can keep your options open, i.e. in cases where the minority woman is smoking hot.-LOL.  like it better without the correction, Jeffrey.  And there is a way to edit, but extremely arcane and time consuming, though not via Writerbeat.-AND- Amish nazis keep the furniture in line...
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 11, 2017 - 5:02pm
LOL
Dannl Yoder Added Jul 11, 2017 - 5:08pm
@Jeff Michka.
Good to see you again. You look really good!(who is your mortician?)
I see the coded message you sent Jeff, nothing will aid you. no scum was allowed in the SS. Take that anyway you want to.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 11, 2017 - 5:15pm
I think I like you, Dannl.  You are pretty funny.
Now, I don't normally like Nazis on principle....but, don't take it personally.  A man has to have SOME principles, right?
LOL
Jeff Michka Added Jul 11, 2017 - 10:02pm
Of course, Billy the Nazi and his steadfast "white-only" cohorts wouldn't shy away from a minority woman.  When it come to sex, got a feeling race takes a hike.  One of the Nazi collective on WB trolls for Hispanic hookers.  Goodness know what other races, too.  Hmmm.  Principally, eh?
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 11, 2017 - 11:18pm
LOL, yup.  It's forbidden fruit.
Dannl Yoder Added Jul 12, 2017 - 9:38am
@Jeffrey Kelly.. Ok, like me at your own risk, ( other friends may flee you)  haha
I venture to say- is anyone around? I like you as well.
Dannl Yoder Added Jul 12, 2017 - 9:42am
@Jeff M. Will you knock it off with the NAZI mantra?  Second verse same as the first.. Third verse same as the first.
Fourth verse same as the first.
Fifth verse, ..Hey! Come back here! I 'M trying to sing!"
Dannl Yoder Added Jul 12, 2017 - 9:48am
BTW Jeff M. You have something against ' white only' ?
I visited a camp one time and saw a section of the  camp's lake roped off. I asked my guide why. He said, "that section is for swimmers only"
I will let you chew the cud on that one Jeff.:)
John Minehan Added Jul 12, 2017 - 1:26pm
From Wikipedia: "Public diplomacy in Israel (also hasbara, Hebrew: הַסְבָּרָה‎‎ hasbará, 'explaining') . . . ."

OK, there is a grammatical issue with the description right off the bat, how can Kelly, by himself, be "explaining?"

How can any one man be a gerund?

If he is hasbara, it is being used as a noun, a synonym, rather than a verb stating Kelly's action.
John Minehan Added Jul 12, 2017 - 1:41pm
"I find the concept of an Amish Nazi really strange."
As would those German Hutterites who were persecuted under the Reich . . . .  but see . . . .

Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 12, 2017 - 1:52pm
John M., that's a fascinating article you linked to.
It's one of the things I find strange with Evangelicals of any stripe, why would they vote for a twice-divorced, thrice married serial philanderer?

The answer, at least the way I perceive it, is they sold their souls (so to speak) for an opportunity to remake this country in the image they desire.  So, in a way it was the last chance to stop the slide of this country into a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah.  With Trump they have the president they want, the Congress and Senate that they want, to stop all the progressive immorality from continuing.

So, they are willing to overlook Trump's....indescretions....to get what they want.  To me it is the height of hypocrisy.

John Minehan Added Jul 12, 2017 - 2:41pm
Jeff, think of it this way, as a good friend and former colleague, a devout and sincere Evangelical, has explained it to me.

They believe it is biblically legitimate due to the role of the Zoroastrian (or, at least, Mazdaist) Cyrus of Persia in the deliverance of Israel from the Babylonian captivity.

Understand what an important figure Cyrus is in Judaism . . . and subsequently in Christianity.  He is the template for the Mosiach, who is given Cyrus (and his successors') title as "King of Kings" (Shahanshah) a title (as seen in the 1962 film) that is also given to J-s-s of Nazareth.

They don't see deliverance by someone from outside of their faith as being unprecedented and as something well within G-d's Plan.

The problem is, as I have pointed out to my friend, although I didn't know Cyrus of Persia, DJT is no Cyrus of Persia.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 12, 2017 - 2:47pm
LOL, no, he is not.
Jeff Michka Added Jul 12, 2017 - 9:40pm
DJT is no Cyrus of Persia-He thinks he's "Lawrence of New York."
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 12, 2017 - 9:54pm
LOL
John Minehan Added Jul 13, 2017 - 12:37pm
"DJT is no Cyrus of Persia-He thinks he's 'Lawrence of New York.'"

He's no T.E. Lawrence, either.  Although that "sword dance" thing  was somewhat culturally appropriate for a Scots immigrant's son.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 13, 2017 - 12:53pm
Ironically the Scots can't stand their prodigal son.
Jeff Michka Added Jul 13, 2017 - 2:41pm
John M notes: He's no T.E. Lawrence, either.- That be very true.
Maureen Foster Added Jul 13, 2017 - 9:19pm
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 13, 2017 - 9:28pm
Doesn't really bother me, Maureen.  It says more about them than me.
John G Added Jul 14, 2017 - 4:55am

Foster: If someone is anti-Semitic they will call you a Zionist troll for being Jewish and conversing on the internet.  So the only way to avoid being called that is to avoid speaking to anti-Semites on the internet.
Wow. That's circular logic worthy of an award. Congratulations.
If you don't want to be called a zionist, don't be a zionist. If you don't want to be called a zionist troll don't try to dishonestly hide your zionism, like Kelly does.
He's a fraud.

Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 14, 2017 - 7:31am
Keep outing me like that John G, I'll tell the Mossad to forget the lube when they visit you at your home.
John G Added Jul 14, 2017 - 8:52pm
Hasbara is derived from the old Hebrew word, “l’hasbir” which means “to explain”. It is next to impossible on researching more about the Hasbara Project becuse of its influence on the media, and the common-use of the word “hasbara” for “Israel foreign policy”. While there is a physical hasbara project, hasbara itself stands for something much more broad: The downplaying of Israeli war crimes, justification for Palestinian subjection, and Middle Eastern propaganda. You see it everyday, at bookstores, in newspapers, on the news, in your children’s schools–It’s influence is egregious. Hasbara is a mission: To gain American support for Israel. It’s current mission? Well, the Iranian’s “nuclear activity” headlines can say enough.
THE HASBARA PROJECT
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 14, 2017 - 10:41pm
I'm struggling to give a shot, John.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 14, 2017 - 10:42pm
Substitute "shot" for "shit," John.  Sorry, spell check is a pain in the ass.
John G Added Jul 14, 2017 - 11:56pm
And yet you published an article about it.
Intellectual honesty and consistency can be a pain in the arse too, can't it?
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 15, 2017 - 12:26am
Let me check my emotional "Give a Shit-O-Meter," John.

Hhhhhhhmmmm, no, don't give a shit.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 15, 2017 - 12:40am

Let me help you, John:
Hasbara Troll attributes
Supreme point of view
The Hasbara troll knows best
Condescending & Patronising
Socialist (Smart and 'caring')
Do not have to be Jewish but Pro-Israel
Internet experts
Narcissistic
Provocative
Dis-ruptive
Like to ask the questions, not answer questions
Control freaks
Inflamed by anyone being critical of Israel
'Moral' Guardians
Classic insults: Anti-semite, Neo- Nazi, White Supremacist, Holocaust denier
Adept with social networks well trained on IT

I got that on a simple internet search.  Google is your friend, John.
Jeff Michka Added Jul 16, 2017 - 3:48pm
Ol' "I'm jez a Country Boy," Danal Yoder is now trying to duck out of his self declaration of Amish Nazihood.  LOL.
Dannl Yoder Added Jul 16, 2017 - 3:55pm
Joof M. There is no Danal. Can you spell? if I was a NAZI, I would say so. Boy!
You on the other hand are the village idiot and need to confess that.
Jeff Michka Added Jul 16, 2017 - 4:07pm
You did say so, corncob...: July 10: @Jefferey, why should you escape? I painted in oils for several years and no one called me an artist. Let me say one thing in support of Germany and I am a NAZI forever.- I won't give you an out by saying you were just being "controversial". It's from this thread, too.
Jeff Michka Added Jul 16, 2017 - 4:08pm
No, there is a D anal, but no "Dannl"...
Jeff Michka Added Jul 19, 2017 - 7:15pm
Jeffrey Kelly: Wow, seems that site you referred me to takes forever to "approve" posts.  Two replies "in the pipeline."
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 19, 2017 - 7:32pm
Glad to have you!!!!  Do you go by Jeff Michka there?
Jeff Michka Added Jul 19, 2017 - 10:41pm
Jeffrey Kelly sez: Glad to have you!!!!  Do you go by Jeff Michka there?As you've noticed by now, I do not.  :-) Mystically, speaking.  LOL  Looks like all is well.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 19, 2017 - 10:50pm
Be prepared for some disagreement on the subject you picked.
Jeff Michka Added Jul 19, 2017 - 11:09pm
Jeffrey Kelly sez: Be prepared for some disagreement on the subject you picked.-I expect howling, although seems a reasonable crowd.  I read the whole thread, so suspect some blowback.

Recent Articles by Writers Jeffrey Kelly follows.