The Beat Goes On XIV

From a disgruntled former participant of Writer Beat:

Dear Autumn,

When you approached me asking me if you could cross-post my article I agreed with some hesitation, because having looked through your site I saw many anti-Israel and outright anti-Semitic comments. I agreed eventually that you could cross-post but asked you to moderate the comments so that they don't veer into antisemitism.

You did not fulfill one of the requests that I asked, and furthermore you violated all the standards of "netiquette" that every blogger knows.

You asked if you could cross-post my article. When I agreed, lo and behold I found that I had been added to your "stable" of writers as a blogger at Writer Beat. I never asked to be added as a writer. Cross-posting means that YOU post an article in YOUR name, mentioning that I wrote it, with a link back to my blog. It does NOT mean adding a blogger to your own site as a writer. I edited my article to add a link back to my article, which in hindsight, (see below) was a grave mistake.

I asked that you pay attention to the comments on my article. Well, it's obvious that either you can't moderate, you don't care, or you actively support the opinions expressed therein which all, except for one, expressed anti-Semitic opinions. Any of those options above do not speak well of you, and I do not want to be associated with such a blog.

I considered deleting my article, but I thought maybe someone will learn some authentic news about Israel, or that it will bring readers to my blog. BIG MISTAKE.

As you can see below, it did bring a reader, who quotes your email address. And what a disgusting, vile specimen it brought!! If you think that such a comment is valid commentary on another blog, then you should be reported for cyber-stalking and supporting terrorism.

I have now deleted my article that was at your site, and I hereby revoke any permission that I have given you, or that you THINK I might have given you, to cross-post anything from my blog in the future.

I regret any association that I have had with you and your blog.

Anneinpt.

See below for the comment left on my blog today. The post was about a Palestinian terror attack in Jerusalem.

Comments

Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 21, 2017 - 1:16pm
Why is it your responsibility to moderate comments to make one person happy?

As for antisemitic and/or anti-Israel comments, well, that's the price we pay for free speech.  The author of the article in question can always delete comments he/she finds objectionable.  You are not a site that promotes Israel or bans antisemitic speech.  You have your own rules and as far as I can tell you let us speak our minds about many subjects.  I appreciate that and I'm sure the others do as well.
Autumn Cote Added Jul 21, 2017 - 1:27pm
Anneinpt,
I looked at our correspondence and you’re right, you agreed to cross-post your work on the condition I moderated comments.  That’s a condition I had no intention of meeting (I honestly didn’t notice you wrote it until just now), so I should never have cross-posted your article…my apologies.  In my opinion, cross-pointing is doing what I did and your message to me is related to those that re-blog someone else’s work.  So let’s chalk that up to a simple misunderstanding.

Dr. Rupert Green Added Jul 21, 2017 - 2:08pm
@ Autumn.

'Writer Beat is the wild west of the internet, which means I hold free speech in very high regard.  What people say when they’re allowed to say anything they like, is why people like it here.  Of course, unbridled speech isn’t for anyone, which explains why you’re no longer here.  I’m sorry if my posting of your article has led people you don’t wish to hear from to your site.  Don’t you have a way to block people or delete comments so that you only hear from like-minded people? "

Dam right above. When i came here i started with scholarly stuff. i had to adjust my shit if i wanted to stay here. I love it because every is allowed to say his or her shit. Of course we do not have to play with those we do not like. i am black and i have not been called black, but i have been called stupid. Still, my writing is such that its is not overtly racist, anti semantic (whatever) or of extreme views. I do get my point across , through a global rather than a narrow discussion. if my post here cannot stand the fish or grand mother tests, i will not post them.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Jul 21, 2017 - 2:31pm
I take hard knocks????
LOL
Dr. Rupert Green Added Jul 21, 2017 - 2:58pm
With all the environmental pollution and spurious frequency shit that is killing off the bees, we need to take it light sometimes. In the end, like as waves move towards the pebbled shores (Shakespeare) , so is our inevitable death. Why hasten it with hate, stress, and shit like that we, often, have no control over?
The Burghal Hidage Added Jul 21, 2017 - 3:00pm
If you need a moderator maybe you shouldn't be in the ring? As a libertarian that is something that I appreciate about this site. Say what you will, stand on your own two feet. We don't all have to agree
Autumn Cote Added Jul 21, 2017 - 4:24pm
In fairness to Anneinpt, this site is clearly not for everyone.  She obviously had no idea what she was getting into when she said yes and I use some sneaky tactics to get her to yes.  I also failed to honor her wishes about moderation, not to mention the sneakiness of creating an account in her name, using her email address no less. That being said, she didn’t complain until way after I posted her article.  In other words, it was only after she got an offensive comment that she found my tactics so terrible.
Micahel Dolan Added Jul 21, 2017 - 4:28pm
Autumn Cote does what she must do,keep Writer Beat on track. Writer Beat allows any point of view acceptable. Unlike a writers group I wrote in for a few years-Yabberz.
After you post you got points that were offered to secure items from stores etc. I had thousands of points. As a Conservative writer I was blocked from entering Yabberz.

Writer Beat has many more liberal writers than Conservative, but Autumn is a fair shooter and she must keep regulating the rules.
Michael B. Added Jul 21, 2017 - 9:14pm
Autumn, one of these days, you'll have to make a collage of such letters, I think it would liven up just about every room you could hang it in! One day you'll have enough for wall paper!

Funny, I remember being told up front that WB wasn't for the faint of heart and/or the thin-skinned, and I found that out in spades very quickly. I like it just the way it is; I was suspended from a different site for a week for writing something that would have barely gotten noticed here, lol!
Lady Sekhmetnakt Added Jul 21, 2017 - 11:39pm
I agree Michael. I was recently moderated and "warned" for calling someone an asshat on another forum. Said asshat said I must be a communist for referencing an article from Medium "because Medium is a well known communist and extremist left wing site". Funny how it was OK for me to be slandered as a communist but not OK for me to respond with a less slanderous insult. I tire of the double-standards and outright hypocrisy in so many places. At least that kind of garbage isn't here. It's easy to ignore trolls or beat up on them here, and much more fulfilling than erratic and seemingly biased moderation.

Funny thing is that I've noticed four types of new people here. #1, those who never ever respond to comments (which is why I never welcome anyone new who doesn't post a comment first). #2 people who post one article, a few comments, then nothing else ever. #3 people who post a few articles and interact around the site then dissappear forever. And the rare #4 type who actually hang around. I was invited to write here then investigated the site first before joining. Planed to stick around before my first article was posted. Wouldn't have joined otherwise. I can see why people who come here unawares leave, often angry. Especially in the context of the heavily moderated sites elsewhere (the Daily Kos is probably the absolute WORST in that regards, you aren't even allowed to question Democratic neoliberal groupthink). But the second and third types of new people leave me baffled.
Michael B. Added Jul 22, 2017 - 12:00am
LOL Jenifer! For some reason, I'm reminded of something Anton LaVey said to the effect of, "God loves stupid people, otherwise He wouldn't have made so many of them." That's the way it goes sometimes; the world often punishes some people for their decency and intelligence, and rewards others for their sliminess and stupidity. I've gotten in trouble many time for fighting fire with more fire, but that approach doesn't seem to work; no matter what asshole fucks with me, the recurring thing I hear is, "But Mike, you're so much better than that." Maybe true, but it still doesn't reduce my daydreams about twisting certain people's heads off with a pipe wrench, lol.
Autumn Cote Added Jul 22, 2017 - 6:44am
Michael,
My collage is my Beat Goes On series of articles.  I couldn’t agree more, collectively they’re priceless entertainment.  However, almost everyone I know outside of Writer Beat, doesn’t think they’re funny.  Almost all of them, including my brother/partner in this venture, think I should moderate the site.

Jenifer,
Would it be OK if I cross-posted this article to WriterBeat.com?  There is no fee, I'm simply trying to add more content diversity for our community and I liked what you wrote. I'll be sure to give you complete credit as the author.

That’s the script I use as I scour the internet looking for new blood.  Upon reading this, many people get flattered (flattery will get you everywhere) and say “OK.”  I suspect most people give me the OK without ever investigating Writer Beat.  These unsuspecting newbies have no idea I will create an account in their name and that the account will send them comment notification emails.

As you noticed, #1 user types ignore those comments and/or send me an angry email asking to have their article taken down.  #2 and #3 user types are probably interested, but not if that means they have to comment on the work of others. However, sometimes I find new blood who turns out great and that more than makes up for all the duds.  If you can think of a better way to find new blood, I’m listening, but that very strategy is exactly how I found you.

By the way, there is nothing preventing you (anyone) from doing the very same thing.  Just let me know the blog address and email of anyone that gives you the OK and I’ll put them on Writer Beat.  Trust me when I say it’s really interesting to find new blood and see what kind of Writer Beat user they turn out to be.

To all,
Another Newbie in need of some feedback:
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Jul 22, 2017 - 7:15am
Sounds like someone needs a baby setter. A mother to cry to and a father to protect him.  Sometimes, some people never grow up.

Ofcourse some moderation is always in order, we can't allow death threats and stuff like that, but, somebody will always dissagree with you and you might not like their point of view and that is life.
Thomas Sutrina Added Jul 22, 2017 - 8:14am
Commander and Chief violated your 48 hr rule.  Maybe you should consider enforcing it uniformly.  The articles published are also copies from other locations.
Patrick Writes Added Jul 22, 2017 - 8:21am
Sounds snowflake-ish. What are you going to do?

Maybe regular posters and contributors should try to take it easy on newbie's.
Thomas Sutrina Added Jul 22, 2017 - 8:33am
Conservative believe either you have rule or you do not.  Referral treatment Patrick of newbies.  Why they can space them out easily.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 22, 2017 - 9:31am
Ah. Another sensivite soul which feels insulted when opinions aren't nodded to and *clap clap*. Wish you all a nice weekend in real life :)
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 22, 2017 - 9:32am
Sensitive. I'm creating new words....sorry on phone can't edit.
Michael B. Added Jul 22, 2017 - 10:58am
"collectively they’re priceless entertainment"

Lol, whine-a-grams often are!

Dear so-and-so; would you like some cheese with that whine? Harrr
Thomas Sutrina Added Jul 22, 2017 - 11:23am
stone eater did I say not to publish his commander and chief (of what) articles? NO.  I said follow the rules of having 48 hrs between articles.
john guzlowski Added Jul 22, 2017 - 12:56pm
Autumn approached me with the same request and like you I've been surprised by the reaction.

I wrote on my mother's use of the word Holocaust to describe her experiences as a Polish Catholic slave laborer in Germany.

The responses have elicited stupid comments by Hitler lovers, anti semites, and Holocaust deniers.

When I contacted Autumn she seemed shocked. And told me to ignore the comments.

Leroy Added Jul 22, 2017 - 6:02pm
John, I did read your article.  It is a subject that has been beaten to death here.  I am weary of NAZIs and of Hitler and of the Holocaust.  You have a great story.  I'm just weary, not of the stories but of the responses of the usual suspects.  Seems we have a lot of sympathizers.
opher goodwin Added Jul 23, 2017 - 2:23am
Autumn - I can no longer access my profile or put up new articles. Is that something my end or on your site?
opher goodwin Added Jul 23, 2017 - 2:47am
Autumn I can now open my profile and put in a new article but I cannot publish????
Autumn Cote Added Jul 23, 2017 - 6:31am
To all,
The site crashed yesterday and there are still issues today.  So don’t be surprised if you see some funny things such as the fact Opher published his most recent article 147 times. One of the things that happens when the site is about to crash is that it doesn’t recognize certain icons such as the publish icon.  So Opher had no idea his publish attempts were actually working.
opher goodwin Added Jul 23, 2017 - 6:56am
Cheers for clearing that up Autumn. Hope it hasn't caused you too much hassle.
john guzlowski Added Jul 23, 2017 - 8:38am
Tom, you're an "intelligent historian"?  Please explain.

William Stockton Added Jul 23, 2017 - 9:31am
john...LOL!

Tom is a hack.  A delusional apologist for European white guilt.
Riley Brown Added Jul 23, 2017 - 11:31am

If they only want to display like minded comments they do have the power to do that.
Ian Thorpe Added Jul 23, 2017 - 11:44am
SEF, Sensivite sounds like the latest diet supplement from Switzerland, bio strath for the compassion fatigued or something. Here's an advertising slogan, "Improve your emotional health with sensivite. :-)
George N Romey Added Jul 23, 2017 - 11:53am
My comment is more technical.  I've had issues getting into and saving drafts.  I'm trying to publish an article today and it won't save and then publish.
William Stockton Added Jul 23, 2017 - 12:04pm
Tom, ". . .yet I have much greater readership and recommendations, and much larger following. "

I didn't know that was the goal here.  Perhaps I should write more articles then and really feel proud of myself.  Good job Tom, you win the internetz.
Katharine Otto Added Jul 23, 2017 - 12:06pm
Autumn,
I'm glad you don't edit or moderate comments, because they can be as entertaining as the posts.

Commentators show their hands by what they write. Why stand in the line of fire?

I, for one, am flattered that you asked to cross post from my WordPress blog.  I'm impressed with the stable of writers you have here.  Yes, they are varied, which is a good thing.  Yes, there are anti-semantics (??), but defining terms clarifies communication.

I do wish you wouldn't use the term "new blood." Makes you sound like a mosquito.
Riley Brown Added Jul 23, 2017 - 12:20pm
Autumn, your web site is having problems, I just posted an article and it posted a dozen times in the blink of an eye and won't let me delete the duplicates.  Help help., Riley Brown
Saint George Added Jul 23, 2017 - 12:26pm

Did Autumn agree to this before cross-posting? If not, did she inform her of that?
Lady Sekhmetnakt Added Jul 23, 2017 - 3:17pm
Riley writes " Jennifer Frost, please clarify, were you warned or deleted by Autumn or by the person whose forum it was?"

Autumn (???) I made it pretty clear that the mentioned interaction occurred on another forum. Their form of "warning" involved sending me a warning email and deleting my post.

"I'd also like to know why the insulted owner of the form doesn't simply delete the posts they find so offensive?"

Since the asshat I was addressing and myself were discussing yet another forum (Medium) the owner of the forum this altercation took place in could not have been insulted. They selectively delete posts there, sometimes it is the person who starts the altercation (as it should be) other times it's the attacked person who responds who gets deleted. All depends on who's moderating that day and what kind of mood they are in, and possibly how they feel about you personally. Real professional huh? Once I complained to management and after reviewing the situation for over a week they restored my deleted post. By then everyone had moved on so big deal. It's not worth the trouble to complain I just block trolls and if they get my message or it's deleted I pay like attention to it. And I rarely go there anymore unless I'm really bored with lots of extra time to kill.

"If they only want to display like minded comments they do have the power to do that"

Thing is you never know what that means because different moderaters there have different ideas as to what is acceptable. Like I said I generally avoid that place and places like it. At least they aren't as bad as Common Dreams, I got banned for life and my ip address blocked for posting a link to two articles (one an article that debunked the Russian hacking conspiracy theories and one that showed that had he not been cheated out of the primary nomination Bernie Sanders would have beaten Donald Trump in the general election -- and they claimed to be a "Progressive" site, apparently they are a part of the growing neoliberal fake "Progressive" community).
Michael B. Added Jul 23, 2017 - 4:46pm
Someone I know said he was fired from a certain magazine for writing a bad review of The Pretenders.
Autumn Cote Added Jul 23, 2017 - 5:23pm
Riley and others,
The site is still not fixed.  People keep publishing articles and not realizing it because the publish icon doesn’t appear to be working.  There are probably other issues that I’m not aware of.  All should be fixed when the company we hired to manage the site shows up to work Monday morning.

Katharine,
Too many newbies turn out to be duds, so I have very little love for any of them until I see that they comment on the work of others.  Perhaps that’s why I call them “new blood,” as I agree with you it’s a little derogatory.
George N Romey Added Jul 23, 2017 - 6:32pm
If someone wants to post an article I completely disagree with, fine by me I just ignore it.  My issue goes to the few hit and run commentors that are clearly trolls looking for attention.  They never put up a counter argument, just attack.  More and more I ignore them.  This was they don't get the attention they so crave.
Jeff Michka Added Jul 23, 2017 - 7:02pm
Geo Romey claims: This was they don't get the attention they so crave.-What happens when you don't get "You're so right!" "I can't agree more" "Wonderful insight, Geo?" That's the attention you crave.  You don't read the people you take exception to, so what do you really know? You've spent a lot of time attacking those you don't like, have been called on it and whine, whine whine! "The trolls are after me!!" No they aren't, others have gotten nostalgia weary..."Back in the good ol days, guys like me had real jobs", does get tiring, since you've never said how we'll get those jobs back, but are probably capable...but horrors, you'd have to do something....nooooooooooo.  bah.
Lady Sekhmetnakt Added Jul 23, 2017 - 7:11pm
LOL, speak about trolls George and the biggest one on the entire site appears! What is a troll if not an ignorant liar bully who attacks with personal insults and meaninglessness nonsense everyone who disagrees with them? A hypocrite pest who contributes nothing and offers zero facts to actually debunk or debate those who they attack without provocation?
Jeff Michka Added Jul 23, 2017 - 7:23pm
Perfect Prietess JenJen descrives herself: who attacks with personal insults and meaninglessness nonsense everyone who disagrees with them? Sounds like a description of you, JenJen...I'm not the one who started calling someone names when they said their conspiracy theory is believable as Santa Claus and the Easter bunny.  You refused to really answer where all those Deep State actors meet and plot.  Doesn't sound like my problem to prove your conspiracy theory, and once again you sound like nothng more than an angry Millennial having a fit of pique.  Wow.
Lady Sekhmetnakt Added Jul 23, 2017 - 7:25pm
Jeff Michka Added Jul 23, 2017 - 8:25pm
Perfect Priestess JenJen sez: What is a troll if not an ignorant liar bully who attacks with personal insults and meaninglessness nonsense everyone who disagrees with them?- Really, and what is calling someone ignorant liar and billy, yet supplying no reference or evidence just "righteous" anger claim supposedly in support of ol Geo, and carry on your little vendetta over having you become a laughing stock conspiracy theorists.  Proof?  Read your articles, comments question your sources "the Medium" as cite in context of "proving your conspiracy theory, LOL...and that's my fault?  and that doesn't jive with:  in my statements: Thanks for proving me right again Jeff and on every point I made. Always a pleasure.-Funny, but a Millennial excrement fit usually happens when they don't get their way or someone calls them "wrong."  In that light,. thanks for your "contribution" Jennnifer.  You get snippy with people like you did with Kim recently, Again, you're wrong. LOL
john guzlowski Added Jul 24, 2017 - 6:51am
Hello,  hello,  is any one there?
Wick Burner Added Jul 24, 2017 - 8:14am
When I was asked if I could be cross-posted to WriterBeat, I had no real idea how that would work, or that I would be "added to the stable".  If anything, I saw this as a positive, far more than I had anticipated.  I might have been daunted or scared off (if I had completely lost any sense of adventure), but I wasn't at all, especially when seeing the level of interest and engagement with the one article I've had published here.
So, for me, it was an unexpected bonus, and some food for thought about how I might 'virtual-self-publish' from hereon in.  I will publish here again (when I have something 'good enough', whether that is an older piece or something fresh), and I look forward to seeing how that goes and also reading interesting articles, and commentary, from many differing viewpoints (not just the ones that support my worldview and gently pat my head and soothe me back to sleep).
Wick Burner Added Jul 24, 2017 - 10:45am
Cheers Tom - here's hoping I get my Muses activated and can live up to that.
Billy Roper Added Jul 24, 2017 - 11:47am
Oy Vey. Annie, are you okay? Are you okay, Annie? Can you show us on the doll where the AntiSemitic comments hurt you?
wsucram15 Added Jul 24, 2017 - 1:36pm
Autumn..it is what it is, not sure if its the wild west, I unfortunately have seen worse.   It just takes time.
Annie..you have to learn to ignore people on here or anticipate it at least and draw a thicker skin.  There are times it becomes very difficult and you have to step back, but it can be worth it.
No matter what your opinions are you will face opposition, get used to it. Ignore if you can those that are abusive and delete the ones that are just way out of line and dont comment them either.
George N Romey Added Jul 24, 2017 - 1:46pm
Jeanne you are correct. I just let the comments stand for what they are.  Rarely and I mean rarely does anyone ever defend or support those comments.

There are some on this site I respect even though I may not agree with many of their positions.  They write well and are respectful.  That doesn't mean they must agree with me.  I don't want a site that is based upon whatever the latest pc police say is in vogue.  If something's not to your liking no one is forcing you to read it or comment on it.  No one here is ever going to live next door to you.  We are all just people scattered literally throughout this world with our own view on things.
Autumn Cote Added Jul 24, 2017 - 3:38pm
On Trolls,
According to the Urban Dictionary a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll's amusement.

Based on that definition, I don’t think there are any trolls on Writer Beat.  Keep in mind, one who argues their point of view or disagrees with yours is not a troll.  A troll would be one that disagrees for the sake of disagreeing and/or being upsetting.  With that definition in mind, does anyone think anyone else is a troll?  If so, kindly point me to a comment thread where you believe that is the case.

To all,
Another newbie in need of some feedback:
Lady Sekhmetnakt Added Jul 24, 2017 - 3:47pm
Autumn writes " A troll would be one that disagrees for the sake of disagreeing and/or being upsetting.  With that definition in mind, does anyone think anyone else is a troll?"
Clearly Jeff M fits this definition. He trolls me randomly without even having a coherent position other than attacking me. Obviously a troll. Obviously. Examples being every single time he posts anything where I (and others who existence he disapproves of like George R) have posted anything. The latest examples being his incoherent belligerent rants above on this thread where he objects to nothing I or George have posted but simply to our continued existence here.
Autumn Cote Added Jul 24, 2017 - 4:40pm
Jenifer,
As I understand Jeff Michka’s comments in this thread, he took exception to you and George calling others trolls. There is nothing incoherent or belligerent about Jeff taking that position.  Please note, I’m not taking his side, I’m simply pointing out that he has every right to call you a troll, just like you have every right to call him or others trolls.  However, my advice to everyone is to avoid name calling as best as you possibly can.
Lady Sekhmetnakt Added Jul 24, 2017 - 5:00pm
Jeff has no position, he just rants negatively about anyone he has a grudge against. And it is by definition incoherent, like something from a drunk or a lunatic. If someone wrote up a report in any business office on earth the way he writes they would be dismissed immediately or sent for mental health treatment.
John G Added Jul 24, 2017 - 5:05pm
Peter Corey aka St George is the very definition of a troll.
Romey and Jackson just brand anyone who disagrees with their Fed conspiracy theories trolls because they're cowards with no desire to advance their knowledge.
The irony is that their behaviour invites trolling.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 24, 2017 - 5:42pm
Wow. Great. We're all trolls :-)

Alice Cooper - We're all crazy LOL

WTF cares ? Let's go on to daily business. Finally we don't get paid for all our crap :-)
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 24, 2017 - 5:45pm
George

When are you coming to Africa ? I'd really like to get your off that damn subject...you know ;-)
Jeff Michka Added Jul 24, 2017 - 5:55pm
Autumncote sez: my advice to everyone is to avoid name calling as best as you possibly can.  JenJen Frost declares: by definition incoherent, like something from a drunk or a lunatic. If someone wrote up a report in an-Gee, guess JenJen struggled to heed Autumn's suggestion.  JenJen seems to have trouble elsewhere,too. Could there be a pattern? Could it be "Millennial Disconnect?" LOL
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 24, 2017 - 6:23pm
Jeff

Jen is ahead of you. She's got a sharp mind. Could it be that you're too old to please a Millenial ? LOL
Jeff Michka Added Jul 24, 2017 - 6:29pm
SEFa ventures: Jen is ahead of you. She's got a sharp mind. Could it be that you're too old to please a Millenial ? -I didn't realize I needed to "please" a Millennial, my age having nothing to do with it, but seems it may matter a whole lot to JenJen, or for that matter, at this stage, me.  I don't need her "approval" either.  Now claims I have no positions, yet ignores everything I've said over a very long time.  I guess I need to publish "news items" about me on "the Medium" about my positions.  She can keep throwing mud to see if it sticks, but I have a very good, well-seasoned,"non-stick" finish... LOL
Jeff Michka Added Jul 24, 2017 - 6:31pm
correction:  "...for that matter, at this stage, NOT me."
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 25, 2017 - 8:29am
Jeff

I simply understood that comment of yours as a slight attack against "Millenials" (sigh, category). Why ? Because my oldest is a "Millenial", born in 1991. So what's your problem with those specific people ?

Guess you got no kids ;-)
George N Romey Added Jul 25, 2017 - 9:12am
SEF I have a job interview Thursday afternoon with a very small company that specializes in the Middle East and Africa.  Might finally be my chance to do something I love.  But of course nothing guaranteed, could be a total bomb.  The mindless corporate shrills drive me crazy.  They can't seem to understand anything beyond one sentence.  They'd wouldn't last an hour on WB.
Jeff Michka Added Jul 25, 2017 - 4:40pm
SEFa sez: So what's your problem with those specific people ? Guess you got no kids ;-)Joining Purcell, JenJen and others who "have me fugured out?" LOL, you lose this round, *BZZZZZZT*  i have kids, a couple of years older than yours, but my kids aren't up for discussion on WB.  There's been enough foul, lousy posts about my kids, and see little reason to filter through that sewer again, by just mentioning them.  Maybe Billy the Nazi or Nazi Tom can describe your kid again, but not mine.  They aren't on here to defend themselves. As to Millennial perfect priestess JenJen, she has generational expectations of being taken sooooo seriously, even when being an "intellectual", and her "ideas" in this case, her conspiracy theory her "perfect child in beauty" free from any debate or question.  She also does the Millennial foot stomp when she makes demands, and everyone needs to fall into line.  Then never ever takes any responsibility for her own nonsense. Like her "Rule of threes" which she claims make her threads "so polite," but is the first one to break her own rules if something displeases her.  So, this is something nobody sees every day?
John G Added Jul 26, 2017 - 1:55am
Then you should be old enough to know better, Jeff. The stalking is unedifying and reflects badly on you.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 26, 2017 - 6:10am
George

You find me on LI. We're preparing a business forum in Dakar later this year. Maybe your new pals want to join in ;-)

BTW: It's not about exploitation. It's about bringing business cultures together so both profit. Most Westerners don't know how to handle African business customs (which get into the private) and vice-versa. And one of your pals should be able to speak French LOL
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 26, 2017 - 6:11am
Jeff

Can you tell me what your comment actually means to say ? Over here we don't know any "Millenial foot stomp". We just take people as they come.
Jeff Michka Added Jul 26, 2017 - 6:22pm
John G sez: The stalking is unedifying and reflects badly on you. You're becoming the mirror image of Romey and Jackson, who ignore and delete anyone who doesn't conform to their wacky establishment theories. - Huh?  Well, Romey or Frost try and accuse me of "stalking", but per usual, it's not true.  I'd never spent a lot of time text analysing St. Geo, seemed no reason to spend time doing that. What "wacky establishment theories" am I believing?
Jeff Michka Added Jul 26, 2017 - 6:31pm
SEFa sez: Over here we don't know any "Millenial foot stomp". We just take people as they come.  Perhaps you don't know, so you'd take JenJen as just "another hypocrite?"-I wanted to give her a reason she is, but then that would spoil "SEFa's image" of JenJen.  She did spend a lot of time polishing your "brilliant" comments when she was peddling her conspiracy line about how Clinton was going to start WWIII, and shower Europe with nukes.  She'd never answer the basic "to what end," but got angry, instead. She knows a conspiracy when she feels one.
John G Added Jul 27, 2017 - 12:44am
Conspiracies are real Jeff. People go to prison for conspiring every day.
John G Added Jul 27, 2017 - 12:50am
rel="bookmark">How Jimmy Carter and I Started the Mujahideen
Q: The former director of the CIA, Robert Gates, stated in his memoirs [“From the Shadows”], that American intelligence services began to aid the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan 6 months before the Soviet intervention. In this period you were the national security adviser to President Carter. You therefore played a role in this affair. Is that correct?
Brzezinski: Yes. According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahadeen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, 24 Dec 1979. But the reality, secretly guarded until now, is completely otherwise: Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention.
Q: Despite this risk, you were an advocate of this covert action. But perhaps you yourself desired this Soviet entry into war and looked to provoke it?
Brzezinski: It isn’t quite that. We didn’t push the Russians to intervene, but we knowingly increased the probability that they would.
Q: When the Soviets justified their intervention by asserting that they intended to fight against a secret involvement of the United States in Afghanistan, people didn’t believe them. However, there was a basis of truth. You don’t regret anything today?
Brzezinski: Regret what? That secret operation was an excellent idea. It had the effect of drawing the Russians into the Afghan trap and you want me to regret it? The day that the Soviets officially crossed the border, I wrote to President Carter: We now have the opportunity of giving to the USSR its Vietnam war. Indeed, for almost 10 years, Moscow had to carry on a war unsupportable by the government, a conflict that brought about the demoralization and finally the breakup of the Soviet empire.
Q: And neither do you regret having supported the Islamic [integrisme], having given arms and advice to future terrorists?
Brzezinski: What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?
Q: Some stirred-up Moslems? But it has been said and repeated: Islamic fundamentalism represents a world menace today.
Brzezinski: Nonsense! It is said that the West had a global policy in regard to Islam. That is stupid. There isn’t a global Islam. Look at Islam in a rational manner and without demagoguery or emotion. It is the leading religion of the world with 1.5 billion followers. But what is there in common among Saudi Arabian fundamentalism, moderate Morocco, Pakistan militarism, Egyptian pro-Western or Central Asian secularism? Nothing more than what unites the Christian countries.
Saint George Added Jul 27, 2017 - 3:15am
Conspiracies are real Jeff. People go to prison for conspiring every day.

Psychotics are also real. Wing-nuts like John G go to mental hospitals every day. In fact, John G is long-overdue for his return to one.
Jeff Michka Added Jul 29, 2017 - 2:31pm
John G: Conspiracies are real Jeff. People go to prison for conspiring every day. - I'm sure, but since you believe in conspiracies surrounding "the deep state," who, specifically, are the plotters?  Once again, your example in the last comment you made said there were letters, records, where are the minutes and agendas for all the deep state meetups where they plot to make Hillary president and destroy the world? Or do they get by on cocktail napkins and matchbook covers?
Jeff Michka Added Jul 30, 2017 - 2:07pm
St. George: Wing-nuts like John G go to mental hospitals every day. In fact, John G is long-overdue for his return to one. - Hey, since you can't provide any relevant information, why not put a plug in it until you do.  At lest John G tried, in another thread, to provide some information, you have not.  Although it's clearly your right to continue your attacks and comments, I've wearied of them.
Jeff Michka Added Aug 9, 2017 - 6:12pm
jUST WHEN YOU THINK THE NAZI INFLUENCE ON WB WILL Lessen, Nazi TOM decides to irritate Autumn bros or anyone that doesn't love nazis like he does with his stupid swastika.  You still aren't normalized here, and you were leaving anyway, right Nazi Tom?

Recent Articles by Writers Autumn Cote follows.