The Beat Goes on XVI

The following is the email dialogue between me and a Writer Beat participant I’m keeping anonymous by calling him Howie.  Start from the bottom to stay in chronological order.

From Autumn:

It’s been four years since I started Writer Beat and if there is one thing I’ve learned about this venture, is that authors that comment on the work of others are the most important authors I have.  Accordingly, they will receive my white glove treatment as I roll the red carpet for them.  Seeing that I have no money to give, the next best thing I have to offer is readers/commenters.  So if you (anyone that reads this) wants to increase your readership, I have one simple request…comment on the work of others.

Knowing that is my only criteria, this makes me unlike any editor I know.  For starters, I don’t edit content or generally read the articles I choose to promote.  I just research comment history and then make my decision.  I take offense to you suggesting I’m incompetent, but that doesn’t change my mind.  Should you comment on the work of others, you’ll receive my white glove treatment as well.

From Howie:

I sadly conclude that your criteria of promoting or not promoting texts are as bad as those used by editors of most media outlets in the U.S. They are political, this or other way. Similarly, as these editors you apply some technical criteria reflecting your ideological or business objectives. Identically as them, by applying your criteria, you acknowledge that you are incompetent in deciding which texts are of great intellectual value, which are followers, and which are just the background for the former.

You are as mediocre as all American media became. But in your case you have no board to report to; you have no excuse. It is your personal decision.

I apologize for being honest.

From Autumn:

I won't because you haven't commented on the work of others.

From Howie:

Can you do it this time?

From Autumn:

One thing I often do is blast our email database with a link to your article.

From Howie after I advised him to comment on the work of others:

Preoccupied with other things, I sort of forgot about your forum.

What are the other things you might do on promotion of my material?

Comments

Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 28, 2017 - 11:05am
Well....another grain of sand changes place :-)
Leroy Added Jul 28, 2017 - 11:17am
Seems he needs an agent to promote his articles and he wants it for free.
wsucram15 Added Jul 28, 2017 - 1:27pm
Thats the best part about this site, interaction with other writers on their feeds.
Autumn Cote Added Jul 28, 2017 - 2:06pm
Henryk,

The only fact that’s on your side is that this isn’t a major media outlet.  This is a small website trying to build its membership.  Perhaps it would grow faster if I picked articles based on my perception of their quality (what makes you think I’m qualified?), I think not.  I think every person here would pick their own article as one deserving of promotion (kind of like you just did) and I would end up pissing off way more users than I please.  Not only that, but based on which articles I pick, people would decide this was either a right-wing or left-wing outfit and stop using it for that reason.  So I think it’s imperative I stay neutral and reward authors that help attract more authors to this site.

As for your thoughts on health care, the media isn’t to blame for the public being uneducated, you are.  You see, all you have to do is comment on the work of others and your articles will be promoted by me.  Instead, vanity and stubbornness prevent your thoughts from reaching a wider audience.  By the way, your recent submission was deleted because you failed to follow the rules that every other writer here is obligated to follow.
Barath Nagarajan Added Jul 28, 2017 - 3:25pm
There is really a bad side to Henryk's argument. Of course, censorship and the right of free expression are curtailed. But, more importantly people that have been 'credentialed' have received the approval of the system only because they are willing to protect crooked things and keep professional secrets, or they aren't smart enough to expose anything that important.
     But, the freedom of the press and free expression  are designed to root out corruption, dishonesty, injustice and crooked schemes.
Dave Volek Added Jul 28, 2017 - 9:02pm
Autumn and Henryk: I will offer my insights into this situation, hoping it might shed a new perspective.

I have an ulterior with WB, trying to promote my new system of governance (without political parties) to the world. I haven't been all that successful on WB or anywhere else on the internet. But when time permits, I do enjoy the discourse on WB despite that there are more than a few people here who are, in varying degrees, belonging to the internet troll ideology.

Most of the those places I call "anywhere else" look like this: they have lots of people making fantastic posts on various issues, but I don't see many people engaging with this posts. I really have no idea if these posts are even being read by anyone.

So I see Autumn's rules that contributors must comment on other contributors' works is essential to establishing something different on WB. Otherwise WB looks just like "anything else."

BTW, I'm getting the same traction for my ideas on WB as all those other places: ZERO. While it is mostly up to me to figure how to be taken seriously, I must accept that I have no formal credentials to be taken seriously. That is a situation I have learned to accept. I regard my works as something fun and enjoyable and creative (sure beats golfing and sitting in pubs). And I just might get lucky one day.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 28, 2017 - 9:25pm
Henryk

I've been here for 4 years now, and I still enjoy it. People come and go, some stay, some not. It's the direct talk I like, often rough, but it's an image of life.

When I think an article of mine is worth spreading I simply do it myself. Because that way no one can accuse Autumn to have shared stuff that is not PC....you know how the net world is by now.

Some of my articles may not be interesting for LI public or other forums I post. So I decide what goes out from here and what not. But WHEN I share, I copy the WB link. Easy as that.

And - you gotta be open here. Some stuff is really intellectual, some is not. But that also is an image of life, right ?
Lady Sekhmetnakt Added Jul 28, 2017 - 11:57pm
Oh! I bet I know who "Howie" is! Do I get a free "I'm a critical thinker and no one else is here" tee shirt if I'm correct? Or for whoever gets it right? Could make for a fun contest!
John G Added Jul 29, 2017 - 3:51am
Good luck with your venture Henryk. Although I think you'll need more like a miracle to make that dog bark.
Autumn Cote Added Jul 29, 2017 - 8:58am
Henryk,
The reason I shared our email dialogue was that I was hopeful you could be convinced to change your mind by this community.  I also thought it was a good opportunity to reiterate to this this unity how to bring more attention to your work.  As to your future participation with Writer Beat, if you don’t comment on the work of others, I don’t care if you ever come back.  However, if you did comment on the work of others, it would be my pleasure to do everything in my power to increase your readership and spread whatever message you wish to spread.  The decision is yours.
Barath Nagarajan Added Jul 29, 2017 - 9:51am
Autumn:
    It's off topic, but you should let us use emojis. They're a technological breakthrough. One cannot fight technology and stay relevant they say.
   I know you would think I'm not an emoji guy, but I got used to them.
Autumn Cote Added Jul 29, 2017 - 10:01pm
Henryk,
Commenting on the work of others isn’t community service, it’s polite and shows selflessness.  However, as to the accusation that I misrepresented why I contacted you, you’re 100% right.  The truth is that I thought you may be interested in commenting on the work of others.  If I thought you would never be interested in that, I would never had contacted you, but the only way to find out for sure was to ask to submit an article of yours to Writer Beat and then hope for the best. As to the assertion that I’m interested in readers, I don’t know how many times I have to say it, I’m interested in commenters.
Leroy Added Jul 30, 2017 - 8:02am
"Commenting on the work of others isn’t community service, it’s polite and shows selflessness.”

I would go further and say that it is good business.  Take Stoney as an example.  He is probably the most widely read and "liked" author.  He is also one of the most prolific commenters as well.  I've seen many one time posters in the past.  They post and few read and comment. They walk away disappointed.  It is not the quality of the article but the lack of standing in the community.
If you want your works to be appreciated, commenting on the works of others is a good start.
Leroy Added Jul 30, 2017 - 8:06am
Priestess gets a Gold Star.
George N Romey Added Jul 30, 2017 - 9:48am
The big difference between WB and other writing sites is the amount of immediate feedback.  Poorly written articles, mindless rants and the boring and banal tend not to stick around because the level of quality comments stays low.

On the flip side I think it equally important contributors provide original content/articles.  Having the same people constantly write inhibits new contributors and makes the site boring.  There are some exceptions, people that make great comments but usually do not write content.  Some of the more recent additions to WB like Jeff Jackson and Donald Swenson have been welcomed great minds.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 30, 2017 - 1:55pm
Leroy

I appreciate and thank you for the comment, although we don't always agree ;-) I might sometimes appear as anti-American simply for the fact that I like Americans but can't understand how they for so long accept their leaders' foreign policy.

I'm just fucking angry that the US I liked in the Eighties seems to have disappeared in every respect. I've had a wonderful year there and made many friends. And now all I hear and read is like: "We have to go to war again, if...."
Leroy Added Jul 30, 2017 - 4:03pm
Yeah, Stoney, we don't always agree, but we can always share a beer.  People respond to you because you respond to them.

I've met my fair share of Euro trash in my travels.  Perhaps that is a side you don't see.  I gave an example before about some Pols.  That's when Convey went off the rails, so I won't repeat.
George N Romey Added Jul 30, 2017 - 4:12pm
Well SEF I feel very much the same way and I'm pissed.  I'm pissed because the US wars and all was a good place to be if you were smart, tenacious. loyal and caring.  Nowadays its nothing more than a green light to the corporate state to screw you in the ass with a broom handle.  Today "our leaders" are a bunch of whiny, childish psychopaths born into favor and wealth that assumes anyone not from their path to be of no use or value. In my own work I see where the millennials that grew up in wealth are given all the plumb assignments even though most of them are dumber than turtle turds.

Eventually those same people will get around exploiting Africa after they have plunder, pillaged and raped Asia.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 30, 2017 - 4:14pm
Leroy

Of course we have our share of idiots here too. Not a question of nationality !

BTW: Just having a Lowenbrau :-)
George N Romey Added Jul 30, 2017 - 4:14pm
In fact, ifgave the Harvard grads the jobs of labor, janitor and fast food worker and the high school grads the jobs of running things I'd bet my last breath within 5 years we would be a totally changed society for the much better.
Autumn Cote Added Jul 30, 2017 - 8:51pm
George and anyone else who wishes to opine,
I’ve worked my ass off to make this the type of place where authors/bloggers receive feedback.  One of the reasons I started Writer Beat was because I saw the amount of content on the internet whereby no feedback was given.  So despite creating the type of place I thought people want, Writer Beat would surely die if it weren’t for my behind the scenes efforts to attract new authors.   So my gripe isn’t with anyone commenting right now, it’s with all those people I’ve brought here and decided not to participate.  Let alone all those people that might have bumped into this site on their own and chose not to give it a shot.  If I were to be granted one wish, outside of making Writer Beat a smashing success, it would be to understand exactly why this concept never took off.

Another newbie in need of some feedback:

Ari Silverstein Added Jul 30, 2017 - 10:32pm
As to why Writer Beat isn’t a smashing success, people are selfish and thin-skinned.  They think what they have to say is far more important than others and they take it personally when people disagree.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 31, 2017 - 4:14am
I agree with Ari. And I keep trying like Tom.
William Stockton Added Jul 31, 2017 - 5:40am
Autumn,  "If I were to be granted one wish, outside of making Writer Beat a smashing success, it would be to understand exactly why this concept never took off."

I saw this interview with Jamie Fox on Joe Rogan.  Good perspective on artists and getting feedback (comments).
My takeaway from that interview is that artists/writers who are creating content perhaps feel that dealing with comments/feedback is counter productive.  It can actually damage the creation process.
Autumn Cote Added Jul 31, 2017 - 11:08am
I agree with Ari and William too.  However, even if we eliminated the segment of the population that was too thin-skinned, too selfish and too uninterested in negative feedback, that should still leave many millions (billions?) of people potentially interested Writer Beat.

As for any of your efforts to attract people to this site, it’s greatly appreciated.  In your travels, as you run across email addresses or blogs of people you think may be interested, I recommend just sending me a message and letting me take a shot at adding them to the site. I think of myself as an expert in that capacity.  It’s finding prospects that takes tons of time.  I'll also keep you anonymous so that the prospect has no idea of your involvement.
Autumn Cote Added Jul 31, 2017 - 11:23am
I think I know what you mean.  After identifying a blog or article, the following has been my "go to" intro:

Would it be OK if I cross-posted this article to WriterBeat.com? There is no fee; I’m simply trying to add more content diversity for our community and I enjoyed reading your work. I’ll be sure to give you complete credit as the author. If “OK” please let me know via email.

Autumn
AutumnCote@WriterBeat.com
George N Romey Added Jul 31, 2017 - 11:50am
Autumn by nature social media has made too many showboats.  People want to pontificate their opinion but do not have the intellectual capacity to debate and discuss.  Look at most of the larger websites-Medium, Wordpress, Niume.  90%+ of the content is banal and boring.  Its people writing about their little kittens or their art work.

WB somehow, someway became a forum to debate hard core topics in a hard core manner.  The truth is that most people do not have the "intellectual chops" to fully participate in WB.  Its why few get any traction on their content or quickly get their feelings "hurt."

That being said there is probably a home for WB its just that its surrounded by lots of fluff and puff on the Internet.  Getting outside of this realm given the vastness of social media is a difficult task.
William Stockton Added Jul 31, 2017 - 12:56pm
Autumn, " . . . that should still leave many millions (billions?) of people potentially interested Writer Beat. "

Ads.  Writerbeat ads.  If you are relying mostly on your own person-to-person contacts for expanding this site, reaching millions (or even a thousand) people will be impossible.
"If you build it they will come" . . . movie slogans.  If you build it, people need to know about it.

Obviously, for ads, you need a positive cash flow.  Since you are choosing not to employ any funding mechanism for this site, no cash, no ads, no leveraging the internet itself to get you more sign ups.
What do I know.  Just a thought.
George N Romey Added Jul 31, 2017 - 1:05pm
William is correct that Autumn needs a source of revenue to really promote the site and reach those many potential contributor. Then comes the age old question will sponsors really allow a non edit social website?  I wish I had an answer of how to keep the site Independent and open for free speech.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Jul 31, 2017 - 1:09pm
Autumn

I share most of my articles (at least the ones I think don't fall into censorship....) on FB and sometimes on LI.

Copy the link and paste that on FB, or, in the case of LI I copy the text and post it as a "new article".

But so far......not much success, also because most of my contacts are engaged in German or French forums (or FB...), but there seems to be some kind of hesitation to come here.
Leroy Added Jul 31, 2017 - 7:35pm
"The truth is that most people do not have the "intellectual chops" to fully participate in WB."

Maybe we are the 1%'ers.  Maybe there is some business that would like to advertise products for the 1%.  I once had a blog.  I didn't care about making money.  I was in it for the fun of it.  I had a couple of people approach me about advertising on my site.  I made a few hundred bucks.  It was with no effort.  Just imagine what one could do if they put some effort into it.  A little bit of revenue might help in doing the other things that attract people here.  I think we have value as a group.  We're worth exploiting.
George N Romey Added Jul 31, 2017 - 8:17pm
Leroy specialty websites are commercially viable.  However, again will advertisers support a non monitor, totally free speech site?   I don't know.  I am not saying no they wouldn't but most sites that I know of with advertisers have at least volunteer monitors.
Leroy Added Aug 1, 2017 - 12:43am
George, I'm the kind of guy that stirs up trouble.  Sooner or later, I'm at odds with the moderators.  I applaud Autumn's restraint.  But, you are correct; no major advertisers would advertise here--at least not for long.  That is not what I am talking about.  I'm talking about small operations.  Just for an example to illustrate my point, there are a lot of paranoid writers.  Some business could sell services to help protect them from Google, Microsoft, Monsanto, and the usual globalist suspects.
Autumn Cote Added Aug 1, 2017 - 7:39am
William,
Based on how many page views we get, advertising will only get us enough money to buy lunch.  What do you mean by leveraging the internet to get more sign-ups?

Tom,
The message I wrote goes into the comment thread of a blog/article.  So there isn’t the ability to do anything more.  I’ve tried to affiliate ourselves with another website, but haven’t got any traction.  Again, if we had the eyeballs we’d get more interested partners.

To all,
Assume Writer Beat had a marketing budget, what do you think I should do?  Another newbie in need of some feedback:
William Stockton Added Aug 1, 2017 - 10:12am
Autumn, "Based on how many page views we get, advertising will only get us enough money to buy lunch."
That is not what I meant.  Sorry.  I don't mean put other's ads on this site.  I mean put WB ads on other's sites.

Youtube has this ad algorithm which, if you choose to put WB ads there, WB ads only show up on relevant content.  And it is very low cost.  So many people commenting on YouTube videos . . . hint.
Autumn Cote Added Aug 1, 2017 - 2:51pm
I spent some money on advertising a while back and got no bites.  Since doing that the site is much more active, but I’m still not convinced a new campaign would do much better.  The fact of the matter is that I don’t have the money make a big ad buy.  Perhaps I could convince an investor to splurge but that’s a hard sell in light of how little our traffic is currently.  Talk about the chicken and the egg.
William Stockton Added Aug 2, 2017 - 4:06am
Autumn, "I spent some money on advertising a while back and got no bites. Since doing that the site is much more active, but I’m still not convinced a new campaign would do much better."

What the hell does that mean?  Got no bites?  Well, your ads sucked then.  Doesn't mean that advertising doesn't work.  wtf?

"The fact of the matter is that I don’t have the money make a big ad buy."
How do you think ANY website gets funded.  All privately?  The fact of the matter is that you won't accept ANY funding.  No donations.  Nothing.  Now that is telling.  But I think you are not telling us the real reason.  Why would any website not accept any funding even if donated.  wow

I have seen the fall and decline of participation at this site for the last 2 years.  When I first joined there were some really great authors who just don't come here anymore.  Part of the reason is the stagnation.  Same people posting same rhetoric (me included).  Evidently, this website's goal is to capture some very small, stale corner of the internet and master the art of infighting amongst its inbred few.

Ok.  I have heard enough double-talk and illogical nonsense.  I have been here for a long time, played by the rules, respected "Autumn's" game here.  But these responses from "Autumn" are ridiculous.  Henryk could be right.  There is something else going on here and it's not looking healthy.  Own up Autumn or I'm out!
Autumn Cote Added Aug 2, 2017 - 6:40am
Henryk,
Without my comment policy there would be fewer comments and because of that, less authors would choose to submit content here.

You’re absolutely right, Writer Beat stands for nothing; it’s merely a platform for others to share what’s on their mind and have discussions about it.  I also understand that you have a lot of substantive things to say, that’s probably part of the reason why I originally contacted you.

Look, all I ask is that you write a couple sentences regarding someone else’s work for every time you submit an article here.  It should take you all of 10 minutes.  So unless you already have a large readership at your blog, there is no other place for you.  My advice is to stop this pointless fight and enjoy yourself.

William,
I could share the detail of what I did but what would be the point, I don’t have money to spend on advertising anymore.  As far as accepting money if given to me to spend on advertising, I would do so.  So if you want to have a hypothetical conversation on what type of advertising campaign I should have, let’s do that. I don’t see how I’m double-talking or speaking illogically.  One thing’s for sure, I have no interest in upsetting what has been one of the best and longest serving participants here.

To all,
Please offer comments to the people I highlight in this comment thread.  All of these writers are potentially the new participants this site so desperately needs.  However, there is no way they give this site a shot if they are ignored after their first submission.
KT Wilhelm Added Aug 2, 2017 - 9:30am
testing
William Stockton Added Aug 2, 2017 - 11:13am
Autumn, "As far as accepting money if given to me to spend on advertising, I would do so."

You would do so or you will do so?

You see "Autumn", this noncommittal, non-substantive wordplay is why I and many others are suspicious.  You made a declaration in your posts for help in new ideas to bring in new authors.  I see this as an empty request as market proven ideas have been offered and summarily rejected by you without logic.

I will significantly scale back my participation now.  Until I see a business model by this website that makes any sense and a simple "Donate" button somewhere....signing off!
George N Romey Added Aug 2, 2017 - 2:00pm
I agree new authors are needed and I'd put some of WB's writing up against the MSM (paid big bucks) any day.  What makes WB worthwhile are the comments. Go to most sites and its impossible to get noticed or maybe more than a couple of comments.

Most articles on websites like WB are just horrible. Either boring as dried paste or mindless rants.  Here on WB people quickly get their feelings "hurt" and leave.  This isn't a website that is for 100% warm and fuzzies.

I wish people would comment intelligently even if they disagree. I've disagreed with William, Bill Kamp, Mike Hulusa. Yet when they and many others respond its well thought out and not just an attempt to make a one or two incomplete sentence "zinger."

I don't know what the answer is for how to make WB economically viable.  I think somewhere there is a viable business its just how do you get the sponsors without the traffic but the traffic without the money from the sponsors and will sponsors support a no holds back website?  And what happens if there are 200 new articles a today?  Does it become just another website of thousands of articles, most not worth the time of day and few with comments because who can read 200 new articles?

Websites have tried the "donate" route, it just doesn't work.  Like any medium the only real source of revenue will come from people wanting to sell something to readers and in this case contributors.
Autumn Cote Added Aug 3, 2017 - 4:33am
William,
I disagree with the assertion that I’m practicing wordplay, rejecting ideas or any of the other things you just accused me of doing/being.  What confuses me about this discussion is why you’ve let it affect your participation with Writer Beat.  After all, it’s not like you were using this site in the past as a favor to me.

George,
I think somewhere there is a viable business its just how do you get the sponsors without the traffic but the traffic without the money from the sponsors and will sponsors support a no holds back website?

If we had the eyeballs I don’t think advertisers would shy away from Writer Beat.  I also think I could charge money for the service of publicizing one’s article to our email distribution list.  For example, Henryk believes he has an important message to get out, how important is it?

And what happens if there are 200 new articles a today?

I think there are a number of things we can do, such as adding categories as a search tool.  Keep in mind, the default homepage is but one way to sort the articles.  One could sort by comment activity or submission date.  So no matter how many articles are submitted, it’s not like one can’t bump into something that isn’t prominently featured on the default homepage.

To all,
Another newbie in need of some feedback:
John G Added Aug 3, 2017 - 5:13am
I believe very strongly that you are wrong. Very few real businesses would want to be seen to support WB. It's a hot bed of fascism, nazism and overt racism.

Leroy Added Aug 3, 2017 - 11:46am
"I disagree with the assertion that I’m practicing wordplay, rejecting ideas or any of the other things you just accused me of doing/being."

Apparently, William doesn't understand the construction of a conditional phrase.  My father had similar difficulties.
Leroy Added Aug 3, 2017 - 11:51am
I was once a participant in a blog.  I thought it provided an excellent service.  One day they owner said he needed a few hundred dollars to make improvements and asked for donations. The donations were slow in coming.  In fact, none until I donated.  Then the others followed and the site got its much-needed enhancements.  I would be willing to do the same here.  And, I would do it because I think Autumn is providing a much-needed service and I would do it without the expectation of any return.  I received my return in advance.
Leroy Added Aug 3, 2017 - 12:14pm
"As it stands now you’re one of Writer Beat’s best users of all time.  In fact, nobody that's used the site over the past 2 years has been a registered user of Writer Beat longer than you.  Since joining, you’ve written 1,430 comments and submitted 29 articles.  Most importantly from my perspective, you always write great comments.  So why harm yourself? You clearly enjoy using the site or you would have left long ago."

I think what he is saying is that if you can't make this site profitable, you are not good enough for his talents."

"In fact, nobody that's used the site over the past 2 years has been a registered user of Writer Beat longer than you."

I might dispute that claim.

Autumn Cote Added Aug 3, 2017 - 1:05pm
John,
Let’s put it this way, once we have the eyeballs, I’m unworried about our ability to monetize this site.

Leroy,
William became a member of Writer Beat in 2013.  There are some older accounts, but none have offered anything here in two years.  Rather than a donation, I encourage anyone reading this to spend some advertising money on Writer Beat’s behalf.  After all, you don’t need anything from me to advertise this site.  I’d love to see what you put together and where you place the ad.  Because I’m generally familiar with all new account sign-ups, I’ll know when someone came from outside my personal outreach efforts.  If you choose not to do that, no big deal, I’m still highly appreciative of your activity here.  Speaking of which, here’s another newbie in need of some feedback:

Stone-Eater Friedli Added Aug 3, 2017 - 6:00pm
Autumn

You forgot to mention that I'm the only European who has lasted here LOL
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Aug 3, 2017 - 6:04pm
Leroy

C'mon. You're one of the best here. Objective and still American. A rare breed LOL

(Remember Monty Python ? Always look at the bright side of life....)
Leroy Added Aug 5, 2017 - 10:26am
I prefer Pollyanna.  Maybe we should all play the Glad Game.
Autumn Cote Added Aug 5, 2017 - 11:52am
Stone,
I just realized the database is a mess in terms of known registration date.  So just for fun I put together a listing of the oldest known registration dates.  William is actually #13.  I have no idea where these people are located but there are some interesting names on this list: William Stockton, Autumn Cote, Patrick Writes, Donald Bickerstaff, Judy Musgrove, Michael Payne, Mike Haluska, Phil Cummings, Richard Luettgen, Robert Wendell, Steve Borsher, Tony Banks, Richard Plank.   I figure one of them is European.  Also, of these names, one of them met me in Boston for coffee.

To all,
Two more newbies in need of feedback:

Recent Articles by Writers Autumn Cote follows.