Building an Explanatory Mental Model to Understand Bizarre Politics

Nearly to a person, the talking heads are turning to one another and baffled asking, ‘in all your years, have you ever seen anything like what is going on. They all respond? "No." (As do I)

Have you ever seen people in the media writing fake news, destroying their own and journalism’s reputation, and say "I am doing the work of the Lord?"

"No, I haven’t."

Have you ever seen minor league judges blocking a president from his constitutional right and duty of conducting foreign policy and saying, "I’m doing the work of the Lord?"

"No, I haven’t."

Have you ever seen a Congress, lead by wannabe presidents, threatening a president if he vetoes a foreign policy bill which is totally within his constitutional right to do, they will wreak hell down on him–and also threaten to pass a law to keep him from making any recess appointments and even threatening him if he removes members of his own cabinet, every president’s right and saying, "We’re doing the work of the Lord?"

"No, I haven’t."

Have you ever seen an entertainment media who are being blamed for undermining morality all over the world, become so self-righteously because they feel their right to murder their children is being blocked–and their demand to overturn the 2000 year Biblical definition of marriage as a man and a women joining and the two become one to create the image of God–and who corrupt the youth by glamorizing drugs as well as sex outside of committed relationships, saying ,"we are doing the work of the Lord."

"No I haven’t."

Have you ever known a time when the military was demanded to do social experiments at the risk of weakening readiness and saying , "we are doing the work of the Lord."

"No, I haven’t."

Have you ever known a time when educators brainwash the youth, demanding they deconstruct their whiteness."

"No I haven’t"

Have you ever seen a time when being a Christian is considered evil?

"No I haven’t"

Have you ever known a time when reputable people in the mental health people will risk their integrity to give a president a mental diagnosis without ever being with him?

"No I haven’t."

Have you ever known a time when people like the ones on this blog spew out unbelievable vitriol about a president with only fake news to go on?

"No, I haven’t"

"Other than a mass psychosis, how do you make sense out of these never--before bizarre times?"

The human mind is hardwired to create sense of the world. It does this by creating templets of replicating events. It uses this template to understand events. When too much dissonance is experienced because so much becomes inexplicable, it enlarges the template to accommodate the new events. When it can’t do that, it suffers dissonance and in some cases if the dissonance is too great, it becomes what we call emotionally disturbed or even mentally ill.

Not too far back I invited readers of this blog to share the templates they are using to comprehend a world that seems to be going mad. To tell you the truth, I was sadly disappointed. No one gave a theory that to me was adequate to carry the load. I responded by unabashedly giving my model.

Mine is a Biblical model which serves me well to live in a world going crazy. I have no problem there are both dark and light forces pulling strings from behind the veil.

God told me He wanted Trump. Only later did I realize God had found a man that could not be bought–that had so much downright common sense he would do the right thing.

Why would God need such a man?

God is plucking us out of the powers of darkness and bringing us under the powers of light. But He was losing the battle.Forces were pushing His people out of the public arena. They were destroying all sorts of moral codes. They were making it so that He would have to abandon them to the powers of darkness or rain down justice Himself.

Several things were new to me.  One is the vehemence of the forces of darkness that is coming at Potus--the total number of people the powers of darkness could manipulate at one time-- and finally the length of time the battle would be.

Readers of this blog will remember that I not only informed you Trump would win, but also because he was God’s choice, to expect all Hell to cut loose. What He has not told most of us prophets is how long the hell will last. One prophet prophesied the powers of light will begin pushing back by this month. We have not seen that. What we have seen though is Trump bringing in the big guns and getting rid of the wimps.

Another prophet says God told him it will take until the end of November to see the tide finally turning. Then many people will have the darkness removed from their eyes. We can only hope.

Comments

Tubularsock Added Aug 2, 2017 - 4:32pm
Ok Donald, are you Rip Van Winkle or something? Or did you just fall asleep in your history class?

Or maybe you just let GOD teach you but if so, SHE didn’t fill you in totally. Maybe it was due to you not coming in from recess in time to get the message.

To really do a response to your “Mental Model” here would take way to long. Really.

The things you have listed you seem to believe are happening for the very first time for some reason.

None of what you have listed that you haven’t seen before is new. The only difference is that you believe that GOD placed a PUSSY-GRABBER into office to save us from the dark forces.

Tubularsock can guarantee you SHE just wouldn’t do that to her flock!
EXPAT Added Aug 2, 2017 - 4:32pm
Amen Brother. We had a new Messiah on WB about 3 months ago. He got so full of himself, that people just ignored him and he went away. Are you him again  RISIN? You may be the Mr. MOJO Risin, that the Doors sing about.
There is a lot of TRUTH in your scripture. Did it come from the LORD?
But I have my own Conspiracy Theory, based on my exploration of Alcohol, not scripture.  An Epiphany can come from either.

The Russians are injecting LSD into USA water supply. It is brought in by immigrants from MEXICO in fake bladders. They then piss into every reservoir and river in America. We have to stop them with a wall, before they can piss away our FREEDOM AND EQUALITY.

Why me Lord? What have I ever done? All I ever wanted was a job! said brother George. God is Kemetrian said sister Jen. The Devil is USA said the rolling Stone, and. Life is good, said the Expat.

Ah. Even in heaven, they don't sing all the time. Ferlinghetti said.
EXPAT Added Aug 2, 2017 - 4:40pm
Kris Kristofferson Lyrics

"Why Me"

Why me Lord what have I ever done
To deserve even one of the pleasures I've known
Tell me, Lord, what did I ever do
That was worth lovin' you or the kindness you've shown

Lord help me, Jesus, I've wasted it so
Help me Jesus I know what I am
But now that I know that I've needed you so
Help me, Jesus, my soul's in your hand

Try me, Lord, if you think there's a way
I can try to repay all I've taken from you
Maybe Lord I can show someone else
What I've been through myself, on my way back to you

Lord help me, Jesus, I've wasted it so
Help me Jesus I know what I am
But now that I know that I've needed you so
Help me, Jesus, my soul's in your hand

Lord help me, Jesus, I've wasted it so
Help me Jesus I know what I am
But now that I know that I've needed you so
Help me Jesus my souls in your hand
Jesus, my soul's in your hand.
EXPAT Added Aug 2, 2017 - 5:32pm
The LORD is with us here tonight
To take away our fright and plight
But the DEVIL won't go, without a fight
So put on your Pussy hat and get it right

Our righteousness has been TRUMPED
Our Equality has been thumped
Our Progressive has been Dumped
Save me Maxine, impeach this Trump chump

Since reason has been banned for another season
All this string makes a lot of sense, or is it treason
Leave it to the Lord or Putin to make it all Pleasin'
Good bye real world, I'm ready to go GOOGLIN"
Don Added Aug 2, 2017 - 7:32pm
Tubularsock "missed history"?  Hell
I am history.  I was in WW II.  And no I have never seen anything like this before.
Dannl Yoder Added Aug 2, 2017 - 10:47pm
This ends, Donald Clark, when the "Church" quits turning the other cheek, stops embracing every pervert that walks in their door, stops ',baptizing' everyone with a dunk in the chlorine water, stops calling good evil, and evil good, stops calling murder 'abortion' , stood calling theft, Income tax, stops calling lying' Politics' and stops sending children to public schools.  Stops mocking the greatest book ever written, stops calling Demons ' guides' stops calling Eastern paganism "Religion" stops feeding worthless parasites-many generations of them, and feed the flock and Among other things, quit calling obscenity 'culture'
Patrick Writes Added Aug 3, 2017 - 3:37am
I would be very cautious to use religious language (ex: forces of light) concerning a man like Donald Trump. He is not a picture of integrity. Things he's said on and off tape...these are not the words and actions of a good man.

Many of the things you wrote in the post are true, of course.

Jeff Jackson Added Aug 3, 2017 - 11:10am
Donald, there are certain people determined to re-invent the world, and they will take whatever measures, legal or illegal, moral or immoral to accomplish their objective. One of my favorites are the judges who think they have somehow been granted authority over immigration  and foreign policy. One step that I am not seeing taken that needs to be taken, is that all of these people you mention, the judges, the wannabe presidents, et al, need to be removed from office once they fail. When they are left in office, they simply try again, and they have to be fought all over again. Remove the judges, remove the people in government who attempt to make policy for which they have no authorization. Until we remove them, we will fight them over and over again. They take your kindness as weakness. The only thing they understand is force, and it is the only thing that they respect. Let them respect you from a position where they can no longer do harm.
Don Added Aug 3, 2017 - 12:09pm
Jeff,
"The Trump administration has moved faster on filling judicial vacancies compared to the past administrations, thanks to its commitment to working with and extensively consulting all senators, regardless of political affiliation, to select high-caliber nominees," Kelly Love, a White House spokesperson reported. Gingrich said yesterday that the Gorsuch Appointment alone "May have justified the Whole Presidential Campaign," and a lot of stories reported that Trump got rid of a Shariah law judge, although one outlet said it was fake news. Whatever, Potus has seven and a half year to drain the swamp.
Autumn Cote Added Aug 3, 2017 - 12:51pm
Please note, the more personal responses you offer the more likely your article will stay popular and commented upon.
Don Added Aug 3, 2017 - 2:11pm

Patrick, you wrote:"I would be very cautious to use religious language".  Patrick, it isn't just me.  Following is excerpt from this month's Charisma Magazine.  And by the way, I am a minister whom God told Trump would win, so I can't be cautious.

Evangelical James Robison, who serves on the president's faith advisory board, and has become Trump's friend and confidant now believes his election was an answer to prayer. “Meanwhile, the secular pundits saw Trump's victory as only a battle between Democrat and Republican or left and right. But Robison saw it as a supernatural spiritual battle"What happened, Robison says, "is that God overpowered the foolishness of political correctness and the liberal (not just deceived but possessed) left, which is far too often dead set against a biblical worldview.

Tubularsock Added Aug 3, 2017 - 2:52pm
Donald, if we are going to go with a biblical view then the fact that Trumps wants to look back to when America was great would only mean that we are going to have a hell of a "Lot" of salt!
Jeff Michka Added Aug 3, 2017 - 3:04pm
Tubularsock sez: America was great would only mean that we are going to have a hell of a "Lot" of salt! - We need to see a movie about Bob Dylan before we do this: "Don't look back."
Don Added Aug 3, 2017 - 6:29pm
You forgot “There’s a whole LOTta shakin goin on”–Elvis Pressley and Jerry Lee Lewis
Dino Manalis Added Aug 3, 2017 - 7:23pm
Today's politicians in Washington, DC are divisive; partisan; desperate;  and controlled by special interests, not in our national interests or the people's interests!  That's unpatriotic!
Bill H. Added Aug 4, 2017 - 1:10am
God wanted a President of the United States that would be put in office only to change things to work to his own business advantage while turning his back on his voter base after they believed all of his lies?
Uhh, I don't think so.
Don Added Aug 4, 2017 - 9:35am
Bill, looks like your explanatory model differs from mine doesn't it?  My model says God picked a man with no self interest because he already has it all.
Bill H. Added Aug 4, 2017 - 11:37am

And he will never stop wanting more.
This includes wealth, praise, and attention.
Remember, it's all (and only) about him.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Aug 4, 2017 - 1:23pm
The Lord. Ah-huh. Which one ? From which dynasty ? Lord Rothschild ? That Lord surely met the wrong guy in place, or maybe not, but then he forgot to remove his enemies.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Aug 4, 2017 - 1:24pm
Don

Self-interest doesn't stop when someone has billions.
Bill H. Added Aug 4, 2017 - 1:39pm

Trump was no "Act of God". There are many different "Gods" depending on which religion one subscribes to, or what part of the Earth one lives in.
I for one believe we are the product of some alien kid's science fair project.
Trump was simply the result of many people actually believing what he preached during his campaign, and Trump himself knew he could tell these people anything they wanted to hear and they would believe it.
Based on his latest "Rally", they still do!
And no, I was not a supporter of Hillary.
In this day and age, both parties are dysfunctional.
William Stockton Added Aug 6, 2017 - 11:49pm
Funny that people now want to equate moral virtue to a political figure.  As if that is at all possible.  You would have thought either Clinton would have wrecked that notion long ago.  Both more corrupt than a $20 hooker in church.

Trump is the pit-bull in the white house.  Hired by the people to be that very beast.  A non-politician.  Tear shit up!  No Trump supporter gives two hoots about his hooch bragging 15 years ago.  LOL
People who bring up that audio are moral hypocrites and say, "Oh. Well . . . The president needs to hold a higher standard."
WTF?  Is any politician moral? How do you get morality from a professional sellout.  Oh ya, and Trump makes $1 a year being president.  One Dollar by his choice.

May the Orange Beast reign forever!  God be unto him and his offspring eternal.  May he smite his foes and spread their entrails unto the fields where the crows may have their feast.  Praise be to Kek!  Praise be to prince Pepe!
Don Added Aug 7, 2017 - 1:53pm
William. Thanks for your response. Following is something I think you would find interesting. One of the Christian prophets with a near-perfect track record tells the following story. He met Trump on a tarmac during the primary. He told Trump "Mr. Trump, God says you will win your party’s nomination. However, He says He expects humility before He guarantees the presidency."
The prophet says the day he saw the tape of the trash talk, while other Christians who were wetting their knickers, this prophet was exhilarated. The tape was God making sure Trump was humbled. Trump demonstrated he was very embarrassed and publically repented. That, and a promise not to do it again, is all God requires. The prophet said that at that point, Trump had a clear track to the presidency.
Don Added Aug 7, 2017 - 4:58pm
Bill H. I agree with your statement: "There are many different "Gods." I don’t know how you know that, but I do know how I know. My entire life has been a spiritual quest. Seeking God, I have danced with the Hindus, the Sufis, the American Indians. I have done all sorts of meditations with the Buddhists. I have chanted Allah Akbar and on and on. In the process, I have met many gods. I learned the following two things, One, with your spiritual senses, you can sense the gods. Secondly, though some of them revealed some spiritual knowledge, none of them communicated with me directly.
In the Torah we learn that Yahweh did not communicate directly, but spoke through His prophets. I discovered this to be true for all the spiritual systems I explored. Each had their shamans, their curanderos, their witch doctors their advanced yogis, their highly enlightened Buddhas and so on. Direct communications came to them but not to the average follower.
 Then one day, the Holy Spirit of Jesus knocked me flat on the floor. When I came to, I realized I was in direct communication with Him. For the next 26 years, that communication has not stopped. The other day, I heard it put best by a converted Muslim. He said "Jesus spoke to me." "How did you know it was Jesus ?" he was asked. "Because Allah would never call me by my name."
Yes, there are many gods. I am happy with the One who calls me by my name.
Dave Volek Added Aug 8, 2017 - 5:03pm
Don:

My sense of history is that the world has seen many prophets of God exhorting the people to do what God wants us to do. And all the prophets have amounted to nothing. So just using historical statistics, I would be on a fast sinking ship if I joined your cause.

Here is what my "god" told me. When Mr. Trump did not bow out of the Republican primary in third or fourth place, my god said he just might win the presidency. Not because Mr. Trump is anything special, but because he has found a significant political base--and the American presidential contest is often a close race that one candidate needs only to make one mistake to lose . . . .

My "god" say that the Trump presidency will be a stalled presidency. Not much bad will be done; not much good will be done. The American system of governance allows for a significant opposition to stall the president, which is the state America is in today.

My "god" says American will be in the same state as it was before. The days of any president accomplishing great things are long gone.

My "god" says there will be no impeachment either, as much as some enemies of Mr Trump want it to be.

Is my god correct?

catsNjammer Added Aug 11, 2017 - 2:29pm
It is a shame that we have deviated so from the precepts of our founding documents. Now, it is all about how perfect the president should be or how much worse his faults are than other presidents.
Sadly, although he has done many good things and every action has pointed to an obvious intention to make his country a better place for everyone, it is still true that you can repeat slurs and lies often enough....over and over and over until everyone believes the propaganda.
We need to all be working together, if someone is getting good results and working hard for more then what is the reason for all the baseless attacks? He is no worse than Clinton, Bush, Obama or Carter.
Bill H. Added Aug 11, 2017 - 2:48pm

How quickly everyone forgot that Trump really never intended to be elected as President. It was a protest candidacy that ended up going all the way.
He will use the office to only his advantage, which is becoming more obvious every day. The constant deflections will keep him around for a while.
Donna Added Aug 11, 2017 - 3:38pm
. The tape was God making sure Trump was humbled. Trump demonstrated he was very embarrassed and publically repented. That, and a promise not to do it again, is all God requires. The prophet said that at that point, Trump had a clear track to the presidency.  Oh so not true!! Humble is not a word in that mans vocab.  You speak as if this is the only time in our lives that things have happened in this manner, you are incorrect.   "There are many different "Gods." I don’t know how you know that, but I do know how I know. My entire life has been a spiritual quest. Then you  insult by stating i don't know how you would know that..
Not all of us need Your God to speak, you say you were on a spiritual path, been to many places then got smacked so to speak by Jesus, well good for you. Spiritual is not the same as Christian, i prefer my Goddess, to any God . I also do not ask things of my Goddess, as all of you do from your God..I thank mine every day for OUR planet. One you and your pres. will destroy..At your God's command?? So we can blame the Christian church and the likes for this disaster you call a president?
Oh and as  i come from a long line of military men and women, i will state this as well,No one has ever complained about any service from our troops. To have a man state that they are not wanted due to there gender choice, which has been proven to cost more to rid the military of them than to simply leave them alone, i'm sorry but it is this administration that is all fake. With a narcissist leader, who has no class, nor conscience. Oh yet he was forgiven by Your God!! Such BS..)0(
Keith Added Aug 12, 2017 - 10:26am
"God told me He wanted Trump."

Bull.  Whoever, or whatever, told you to vote for Trump was not God.  It is so easy to confuse that which you deeply believe with the will of God, and thereby gain the arrogance to declare that all those who don't share that belief defy the will of God.

Someday God needs to tell you "Don, don't you ever put words in my mouth again."