I Dreampt That I Dreamed That We Were At War

I dreamed that we had just gone to war.  I woke up at about 6 PM and I'm looking at the beauty of fluffy clouds in the sky with seagulls flying by.  Looking out at the water.

I have to soak in all the beauty that I can because it's fixing to get ugly.  People don't understand, they think we can win. This isn't a game, nobody wins.  Sons and daughters are lost. Children loose their parents and lovers may never get to make love again.

I know people won't listen, justice must be done, we must have our revenge, it may be hard, but it must be done.  I have to try to make them realize, they have to stop, or everything will crash.  I have to tell them, I have to write this down, I have to try to make them understand.

Then I think, maybe we're not at war yet.  Maybe that was just the dream, I need to check the news, but whether we are at war or not, I need to write this down.

I wake up at 6 PM and I'm wide awake but need to get back to sleep.  I work nights and only got five hours of sleep, but I keep thinking about what I have to write down I and can't sleep.

My wife comes into the room and says: "dear, you need to get up, you'll be late for work, it's 8:20."  I'm thinking, I was asleep.

But ya, war is a terrible thing, we must stop it, we must not let it be, I wish I could make everybody see. War does not have to be a possibility.

Comments

George N Romey Added Aug 3, 2017 - 3:26am
MPP no it doesn't but war is used to carry out a lot of dirty laundry. Since there is profit in war young men will be sent to fight useless, unneeded and unwinnable wars.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Aug 3, 2017 - 4:13am
Yep
John G Added Aug 3, 2017 - 6:15am
America is always at war. 24/7/365.
It's what you do.
John G Added Aug 3, 2017 - 6:19am
America spends its greatest minds and talent on thinking up new ways to kill black and brown people all over the world who might get in the way of stupid white Americans getting control of their resources for free.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Aug 3, 2017 - 6:24am
Most of the time in my 14 years in the Navy, we were not at war. They called it a cold war, but it really wasn't a war.  We were just building up arms.  When it ended the arms manufacturers were loosing business, so they had to drum something up to remain powerful, 9/11.  They're back in business better than ever.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Aug 3, 2017 - 6:31am
Here is the full edited version.  I suppose I should have waited until I got it all done and pasted it up here, but sometimes I'm impatient:

I was with my first wife when the news came in, we have gone to war.  She was big and soft and I loved to hold her so much.  ...  She was asleep and woke up, .... She hadn’t heard the news, I wanted to crawl under the covers with her and make love, it hurt so much, I needed to feel good.

I woke up at 6 PM.  Living with my previous wife in a small house next to the lake.  I’m looking at the beauty of fluffy clouds in the sky with seagulls flying by. Looking out at the water.

I had to soak in all the beauty that I can because it’s fixing to get ugly. People don’t understand, they think we can win. This isn’t a game, nobody wins. Sons and daughters are lost. Children loose their parents and lovers may never get to make love again.
I know people won’t listen, justice must be done, we must have our revenge, it may be hard, but it must be done. I have to try to make them realize, they have to stop, or everything will crash. I have to tell them, I have to write this down, I have to try to make them understand. I’m looking at the house seeing all the stuff that needs to be fixed.

My previous wife asks me what I’m thinking about.  I don’t want to tell her, she’s under enough stress as it is.  She has studied hard, her finals will be coming some and she’s really stressed out about it, she doesn’t need to be stressed out anymore.  So I tell her that I’m just thinking about stuff.

I go to school with her, some open house school thing and meet all her professors and stuff.  I think we are a perfect couple, we’re both the same size. She has to stop at every water fountain and take a drink.  I tell her she can’t do that, she will have to pee all the time, she looks at me, you know, that look.  It just cracks me up.
Then I think, maybe we’re not at war yet. Maybe that was just the dream, I need to check the news, but whether we are at war or not, I need to write this down.

I wake up at 6 PM and I’m wide awake but need to get back to sleep. I work nights and only got five hours of sleep, but I keep thinking about what I have to write down and I can’t sleep.
My wife comes into the room and says: “dear, you need to get up, you’ll be late for work, it’s 8:20.” I’m thinking, I was asleep?

Stranger yet, I get to work.  My lead says, what are doing here? They changed my schedule, I’m on the wrong week.  So, I’m back home on my day off writing all this down, because I have to.

I don’t know how to explain to anybody how bad war is and why we are not more upset about it. I don’t know how I know how bad war is if I’ve never been in it. But I’m an Empath and I’ve been around people who have been there. I felt their pain and you don’t forget that  If you knew, you would be so horrified by war.

On TV people kill people and they’re all happy, smiling, proud, telling jokes.  It’s not like that, unless you’re a psychopath.  Most of us aren’t, few of us are, most of us are human and you just don’t take another life and feel good about it.  It haunts you.  You can’t justify it in your head.  No reason to take a life and you’re still alive. Your life is their death, they died instead of you.  After the first time, it might get easier.  But every life you take, takes a piece of life from you until one day you are no longer alive and feel absolutely dead. When its over, you discover you have no life and you’re haunted by all the life you have taken. It never stops.  This is why so many have committed suicide.  Because they are dead already and they just want it to stop.

Wars have created billionaires and millionaires, dead men and broken hearts, widows and orphans and some women want to be part of the glory.  Women are the givers of life, its a proud thing. There is no honor in a woman wanting to take a life.  When will we realize that a handful of wealthy individuals egg us on for their profit and our blood. We should question every motive toward war and not only say no, but hell no. It should NEVER be on the table, we don’t negotiate with blood, MAKE THEM offer us a better deal.

I have to wonder, dreams seem so real until you wake up. Is it it possible that when we dream we are entering an alternate reality?
Donald Swenson Added Aug 3, 2017 - 7:23pm
My take is that human nature desires to RULE over the 'other'. This, to me, is the core cause of war and conflict. Human beings ruling over other human beings. How can I be free and independent if someone is ruling over me (another human being). Whether this human being acts within a government institution or via a dictatorship, does not matter. I am a victim and enslaved to another human being. Ever since Cain killed Able we have had a corrupted human nature. The end (peace) is suppose to justify the means (war). But it never does. War begets further war. Conflict between brothers begets counter conflict. It's all part of human nature. That is my take. D
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Aug 3, 2017 - 7:47pm
Donald, the theory is, change yourself and you can change the world, but the thing is, our government operates in a vacuum without us, supported by a handful of very wealthy people.  I do believe its going to change, but not because of anything we do.  But it will collapse in on itself.  We do need a better system I do agree.  Don't know if you heard of the humanitarian party.  They seem to have a better idea. Might want to check that out. But I'm just frustrated.  When ever I bring how stupid and wasteful the military industrial complex, some one will defend and others will agree with them.  I remember when the Iraq war started.  I stood up and said, did we forget Vietnam and everybody looks at me with this puzzled look.  Sure enough, we forgot about Vietnam.  I guess we'll go to war with Russia, Assad or Iran because the television tells us so and I'm thinking, do we ever learn anything.  How many times are we going to keep making these mistakes.  Because, gosh, its so great to be on the winning side.  You assholes, this isn't sports.  Nobody wins, everybody looses, STOP BEING STUPID.
Donald Swenson Added Aug 3, 2017 - 7:50pm
As a Vietnam veteran I fully understand your feelings above. Our elites never seem to learn. They want to RULE the planet and enslave us all. D
John G Added Aug 3, 2017 - 10:44pm
America’s Record of Murder and Mayhem Since 1945: Some of the Worst Hits

Given this record, it is hardly surprising that the United States has long been the nation that is most viewed by people the world over as the greatest threat to peace and security on the planet. This while the imperial homeland’s reigning media and politics culture claims that the United States is an exceptionally noble and democratic force for good and liberty the world over, leaving untold millions of U.S. Americans childishly clueless about the eternally and absurdly asked question: “why oh why do they hate wonderful us?”
Donald Swenson Added Aug 4, 2017 - 12:16am
Good points, John. I think we may be on the same page on this issue. D
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Aug 6, 2017 - 7:20am
Donald - I served with a lot of Vietnam vets when I was in, heard lots of stories.  Amazing unbelievable stories, but I'm sure I never heard the whole story.  One guy in particular who lost his ear and I never heard that story. Watching the helicopters leave trying to carry as many as they could, saving whoever they could from the vietcong would almost make you cry.  Vietnam was a bad idea and I believed we learned a lesson and then the Iraq war started to my surprise.