Trump Unethical Howls the Media for the Democratic Party

Both public officials including former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and the Media have been howling to impeach or remove Trump using the 25th Amendment.    They started when Donald J. Trump was elected and then became president just continued.  Their attacks come in waves as other attacks loose gas.  He is "unfit for office" they howl.  They also have been calling for impeachment.  So which one?

This is not the first time the Democrats have used this tactic to against a republican.  Barry Goldwater received that the same treatment.  "Since 1973, the American Psychiatric Association and its members have abided by a principle commonly known as “the Goldwater Rule,” which prohibits psychiatrists from offering opinions on someone they have not personally evaluated. The rule is so named because of its association with an incident that took place during the 1964 presidential election. During that election, Fact magazine published a survey in which they queried some 12,356 psychiatrists on whether candidate Sen. Barry Goldwater, the GOP nominee, was psychologically fit to be president. A total of 2,417 of those queried responded, with 1,189 saying that Goldwater was unfit to assume the presidency."  Aug 03,2016  Maria A. Oquendo, · M.D., Ph.D.

Now we politicians and media personalities with no expert knowledge and acting as knowledgeable spokes persons.  Notice that not one member of the American Psychiatric Association is referenced as their source.  This is makebelieve.

Comments

Jeff Jackson Added Aug 25, 2017 - 8:43pm
I would be interested in any mental health professional's evaluation of President Trump, not because of what they would say but because I would like their backgrounds investigated as well as whatever political party connections they might have. Any mental health professional offering an armchair diagnosis of the president of the United States should have their credentials carefully considered, and if a bias due to political affiliation could be proven, their licenses should be revoked. Personal evaluation is the only standard for mental health. However, if you read much about Richard Nixon, every stooge who took psychology 101 offers up analyses of "paranoid" and all kinds of other disorders that they could not identify on a standardized test to save their careers. Nice article Thomas. I didn't know of the Goldwater Rule, but shows just how insane the Democratic party has been for years.
Thomas Sutrina Added Aug 25, 2017 - 8:55pm
Jeff J.  document that a group of American Psychiatric Association doctors had a sit down in personal interview with Pres Nixon.  I have never heard that such an interview has occur for Nixon or any other president or even presidential candidate.  And why would they?

It is a scam plane and simple.

These same professionals can not reliable determine if a paroled inmate will function in society.  And they have the opportunity to spend a lot of time over years.
Jeff Jackson Added Aug 25, 2017 - 9:17pm
No, Thomas, they didn't interview Nixon, they just speculated, but the speculation was rarely favorable.  Yes, they aren't very good at predicting behavior.
Dave Volek Added Aug 26, 2017 - 12:19am
Quite a few years back, I watched a documentary of a group of American psychologists in the early parts of WW2 prepare a psychological profile of Adolph Hitler. While they never personally interviewed him in any capacity, they analyzed his writings and speech reels. But even with this limited information, they predicted he would take Germany to utter defeat before surrendering and he would commit suicide before surrendering. The war people making the decisions at that time were using this analysis in their plans; i.e. they knew they had to roll through Germany to force surrender.

Profiling of powerful people has become more popular and more accurate. It would be folly to assume that no psychologist has not made such a profile. In fact, I have one right here of Mr Trump:

The fellow who wrote it claims to be a psychologist. But maybe he is part of the fake news conspiracy! I would wager that more psychologists have conducted profiles of Mr Trump and found their analyses are similar.

Or maybe there is another psychological profile that puts Mr. Trump as a wise and nice guy, capable of long term planning and really understanding many of the forces that shape the world. Is there such a link?

Dave Volek Added Aug 26, 2017 - 12:29am
Thomas:

My understanding of assessing inmates for parole is that it is a probability game. These professionals realize there never a 100% guarantee in their assessments, and it's hard to predict which of their many "educated guesses" will turn out wrong. In general though, the psychologists make many more right choices than bad ones. Many reformed criminals are let out early. They become self-sufficient and do not commit crimes. There is no need to keep them locked up in their entire term.

And if a perpetrator fools the psychological profession once to get out early, then commit a crime, and gets caught, he never coming out again.

We could argue that there should be no early parole whatsoever, but that is for another discussion. The point is that if the psychological profession were as bad as you claim it to be in assessing paroles, it would have fired from this public service many years ago.

Thomas Sutrina Added Aug 26, 2017 - 7:42am
Hitler wrote a book on his philosophy where Trump and a ghost writer wrote his book on business.   They do not tell us the that they had a professional go through the book to understand Trump.
Thomas Sutrina Added Aug 26, 2017 - 7:46am
Andrew Jackson is the founder of the modern Democratic Party.  Compare Trump to him is a plus.  And all of those characteristics of Trump were well know during the primary and general election.  Trump is no Hitler.
Dino Manalis Added Aug 26, 2017 - 9:20am
They're dreaming of impeachment, Trump is our president whether we like him or not.  Democrats and Republicans ought to work together to get things done, specifically moderate Republicans and moderate Democrats, because conservative and moderate Republicans bicker among themselves, look at what happened with health care, they couldn't pass the legislation, they need some Democrats to support them in order to pass Trump's agenda.
Dave Volek Added Aug 26, 2017 - 9:39am
Thomas: I did not mean to compare Hitler to Trump. My point was psychologists have been analyzing powerful people for several decades--and the insights attained have been useful.

To say that members of this profession are not analyzing Mr. Trump is like telling all mechanics to never work on restoring muscle cars of the 1960s.

The link I provided seems to have a bonafide psychologist behind it. Regardless, the analysis seems to be in concert with what I have observed (as best as I can observe). We probably didn't really need a psychologist to come up with these conclusions.

Jeff Jackson Added Aug 26, 2017 - 9:57am
The problems I see in psychological analysis is that: 1) Some are paid hitmen for the opposing party, so they're going to find flaws in the person because they're getting paid for criticism. 2) What people say and do politically might represent what they needed to do politically and might have nothing to do with their psychological profile. The separation of political behavior and personal behavior is difficult, and determining what was done on personal motivation and political motivation is a line that is difficult, if not impossible to discern. 3) Psychology is a difficult science. For example, a recent "study" revealed, to the psychologists at least, that schizophrenia is likely to be caused by marijuana and methamphetamine. Careful analysis of that "study" revealed that it might just be that marijuana and methamphetamine are just the preferred drugs of schizophrenics, as there was no research as to whether the schizophrenics took the drugs before the onset of the condition, therefore, the conclusion of those substances causing the disorder were an assumption that could not be scientifically made. Lots of big words there, hope you got it.
Thomas Sutrina Added Aug 26, 2017 - 11:29am
Dave V. I know you were not comparing Trump to Hitler  But you did say his book was used to analyse him.  Trump wrote WITH A GHOST WRITER a much narrower book.  Not a great source.   Jeff J. hit the nail on the head.   And the the Goldwater Rule drives the nail home.
Bill H. Added Aug 26, 2017 - 12:28pm

I think it is very obvious to most that Trump exhibits virtually every trait of being classified as a narcissist as defined below (taken from the website The Narcisisstic Life

Am I a Narcissist?

Do I exaggerate my accomplishments and say I have done things I haven’t really done?  Do I act (feel) more important than others?
Am I unrealistic about my thoughts and desires regarding love, beauty, success, and intelligence?  Do I seek power in these things?
Do I believe that I am so special and unique that only the very best institutions and the highest academic professionals could possibly understand me?
Do I have an excessive need to be admired all the time?
Do I have a sense of entitlement and expect to be treated differently, and with more status, than others?
Do I exploit others to get what I want or need?
Do I lack empathy and rarely see what others are feeling or needing?  Can I put myself in other people’s shoes? Can I show empathy? Do I feel genuine empathy- not simply feigning concern and attention towards others in order to gain “supply” (such as approval, praise, recognition or favors)?  Do I truly feel others pain?  If I am empathetic I will seek to help others- not from a position of wanting to feed my ego- but because I truly would like to make a difference. This could include a wide range of activities like charity, volunteering, simply helping friends or people in the community in need, or sitting with your child and truly listening with your focus being on your son or daughter- without making it about yourself.  Genuine empathy is having concern for others without having an agenda for you.
Am I jealous and competitive with others or unreasonably think that others are jealous of me?
Am I a haughty person who acts arrogant and superior to my friends, colleagues, and family?

If you exhibit one or two of these characteristics you probably are a confident person with “healthy narcissism”.  Five or more of these traits are necessary to be diagnosed with Narcisstic Personality Disorder (NPD) which is at the upper end of the spectrum.

He also fits the category of a sociopath, as can be clearly observed in the test questions on this site.
Both of these traits are indeed found in some very successful business people, but as a leader of a country, it would normally produce a perfect dictator. Luckily, the US has checks, balances, and traditions in-place that essentially prevent this from happening.
Joe Chiang Added Aug 26, 2017 - 12:40pm
I believe the correct term for analysis without direct interview is forensic psychological analysis.  This follows the same kind of analysis that is used to profile serial killers without being able to sit down with them first.
As pointed out, President Trump is my president, like it or not.  All of his flaws, real and imaginary, were known by the voters, or at least those willing to look.  They decided his flaws were not as important as his attributes.
The impeachment issue is a joke. NO president has ever been successfully found guilty. President Obama could have been over what I believe his role in Benghazi was. Where was the Special Prosecutor for all of the issues within his presidency, Benghazi, IRS, and so on. Highly illegal and with ties directly to the White House. Now the red wing of the Purple party (see my comment on http://writerbeat.com/articles/18561-The-Monumental-Task-of-the-Crusaders) blocks a Clinton investigation.
I did not vote for Trump, I did not vote for Clinton either. I voted for the small Constitutional government. I voted for Castle of the Constitution Party.
Thomas Sutrina Added Aug 26, 2017 - 1:14pm
Bill H., everything you said was well know when he was one of 16 candidates for the GOP primary.  Bill the media spend an order of magnitude more of their own money promoting Trump.  Bill H. you picked Trump as the GOP general election Candidate.  Then the media presented all the dirt they had on Trump.  But Bill the problem is that Hillary in the public view (talking about a more mixed group of citizens then the strips of land on the coast) is more unfit then Trump, the opposition candidate picked by the Democratic Party.

BILL YOU GOT YOU SECOND CHOICE SO BE HAPPY.
George N Romey Added Aug 26, 2017 - 6:15pm
I'm no Trump fan but buffoonery and brashness aren't impeachable offenses.  Neither is being rude. We haven't had anyone like Trump since maybe Truman. BTW, who would replace Trump? Pence.
Joe Chiang Added Aug 26, 2017 - 6:18pm
Truman was not so outlandishly brash.  I believe the best comparison would be Grant.
Joe Chiang Added Aug 26, 2017 - 6:31pm
Yes, the Constitution says Veep, Pence, then House Chair.
Bill H. Added Aug 26, 2017 - 7:50pm
Either the massive conflicts of interest that violate the Constitution’s emoluments clauses or the possibility that he has engaged in obstruction of justice (or both) will probably be his downfall.
Joe Chiang Added Aug 26, 2017 - 10:30pm
All the more reason to set up an independent prosecutor to look into IRS, Benghazi, etc.  The findings would point to Hillary and Obama and take focus away from Trump.  He should be doing this anyway.
Also, to be impeached, he must be found guilty of misdemeanors and High treason.
Thomas Sutrina Added Aug 27, 2017 - 12:44am
Impeachment is a political not a criminal trial.  So the Democrats would have to either win control of both houses of congress or get help from Ryan or McConnell or both if they can not win either house.
Dave Volek Added Aug 27, 2017 - 4:02am
Thomas:

I can't speak much on the Goldwater scenario: before my time and I haven't had much exposure that history.

Psychology is not an exact science by any means. But so too is modern medicine. Doctors make their best guesses based on the education and experience. Sometimes they are wrong. But would I stop going to doctors because they have been wrong? No I would not, but I should have a somewhat cautious approach in dealing with doctors.

The link I provided has been around for about a year I believe. If it were debunked by other psychologists, I believe the original publisher would have pulled it off their website. But it is still around. I think it's reasonably safe to surmise: 1) it was written by a credible psychologist, and 2) it has some degree of accuracy to it. If it were false, then Mr Trump has the civil courts to fix his reputation.

And from my understanding of the world and Mr. Trump's behavior, I would say that psychological assessment is reasonable accurate.

And I would surmise that most of America had a pretty good handle on Mr Trump's flaws without any outside psychological assessment. America made a choice to live with those flaws--and here we are today.

You seem to be making the argument that because psychologists are sometimes wrong, that assessment must be totally wrong as well.

Bill put together an interesting summary of narcissistic behavior. Is this basic analytical technique wrong?

Or can you find us some psychological analysis that suggests Mr. Trump is not a narcissist?

A while back, you used psychologists who are  influential in the parole decision of convicted criminals are often wrong. I countered if the psychologists were so wrong, they wouldn't be used in that capacity any more. You have not commented on this yet. In a debating contest, I would have scored an easy point.
Dave Volek Added Aug 27, 2017 - 4:12am
Thomas:
I just looked up the results of the 1964 presidential race. Goldwater got trounced big time by American standards! I think it's safe to say that he was an inferior candidate. That psychological assessment that cast him in a bad light probably had a  lot of truth to it.

And if Goldwater was indeed the superior candidate, the assessment should have had little effect on his victory. After all, Mr Trump won his election the psychological profession seemingly against him.
Thomas Sutrina Added Aug 27, 2017 - 8:51am
The welfare state was not starting to fall apart and it is very easy to get votes by promising freebees.  Ask you own politicians.  Goldwater was before his times.  the last gasp of the WWII generation that learned through war the meaning of the founding documents through blood.  They were born before the big give away started by FDR.
Joe Chiang Added Aug 27, 2017 - 9:43am
One major reason for Goldwater not winning was the left gathering more control of more of the media.  Hitler said that the bigger the lie and the more often it is repeated, the more the public will believe the lie.  Goldwater was not given the opportunity to get the conservative message out.
The clear question is "Do you trust your government?"  If the answer is yes, then vote liberal, they want a bigger government that controls each of our lives.  But if your answer is no, then why are we voting for candidates, red or blue, that keep making the government you do not trust bigger and more powerful?
Bill H. Added Aug 27, 2017 - 11:41am
We see on a daily basis that Trump operates in a purely reactive mode. His only thought process is more of a required instant response based on protection and retention of self status, ego, or enforcement of personal beliefs.  He constantly attempts to force his points by intentionally sidestepping the inherent logic and reasonableness of his pertinent "opponent" (virtually all subject persons are at best "opponents") and then relies entirely upon discrediting him as a person. He is totally incapable of strategic or "groupthink". His decisions are emotionally based, not logically.
This is a trait that is fueled by power and will only increase as he finds the system is working for his benefit. This is exactly why many people on his staff have been eliminated and exactly why he is not replacing them. What would drive him to have more people trying to advise him? For sure he is not one to take any advice from anyone.
Joe Chiang Added Aug 27, 2017 - 11:44am
Interesting observations, Bill
Thomas Sutrina Added Aug 27, 2017 - 1:11pm
Both great observations Dave, Bill, and Joe.   Trump has convinced a lot of people that were open for convincing that the media is fake news.  The problem is what is the real new.  How can we separate fake from real.  I do not thing any advertise fed media does not have some portion that is fake news.  They have to please those that pay them.

I am thinking that pay to view or listen is the best chance of getting new that is only biased by unknown people.  You get the bias that the person is known for.  No one can damage him or her further since they are know to view the world from an ideology.  Thus to get a good mixed view one needs to find a mixed set of people to listen to.

The special elections that have come after Trump got in office and even the elections since Obama was elected to me clearly show that the media and ads are loosing credibility.   They get the most value when the candidate does not have a long history in front of the public.  Be they supporting or destroying when little is known then you can flood the air with lies since how does a voter know?
Thomas Sutrina Added Aug 27, 2017 - 1:14pm
Bill your description of Trump may show he will be a poor and dishonest president but those are not grounds for political impeachment.  We would have to impeach about 80% of the presidents for having at least one of Trumps issues in thinking.
Joe Chiang Added Aug 27, 2017 - 2:16pm
Here is my take on political profiteering.  Hillary and Obama were in it for the power, influence peddling, etc.  This was NOT in the best interest o our nation.  Trump will make decisions on what he thinks is in the best interest of our nation.  He will profit from those decisions, I have no doubt.  But I believe the difference is Hillary and Obama put personal gain before the nation (IRS and Benghazi come to mind).   But I believe Trump will put the nation first.  This government has a long history, at this point, of congressional impasse.  Trump has a history of getting the job done and cuts through the red tape.
It has taken 5 decades to get our sorry rears in the mess we are in.  Trump will not fix that in his first hundred days.
The first thing a president must do is consolidate his power and backers.  Then he must learn the political system insiders well enough to get the job done through them.  That is the definition of management, "Getting things done through other people."
I would be surprised if he was faster than the middle of his second year before serious progress is made.  He may need to wait until the midterm elections and get the RINOs kicked out and get Conservatives in who want the same changes the voters want.
Thomas Sutrina Added Aug 27, 2017 - 2:59pm
Joe I have never heard of a tactic of attacking the people that you want in after the mid terms, conservatives.  I have never heard of the tactic of removing conservatives from you administration and replacing them with progressives or liberals as a tactic of increasing the numbers of conservatives in congress.  I have never heard of the tactic of supporting a Mitch McConnell funded candidate over a conservative candidate as a tactic of increasing the numbers of conservatives in congress.

I have never heard of a tactic of campaigning on doing one thing and when in office doing the direct opposite.  Example moving the embassy to Jerusalem, a promise made year after year by both GOP and Dem president.

Like the wall that was voted by congress as part of a compromise during the Reagan terms but never funded.  Other presidents have passed similar legislation and they to did not get funding.  Trump promised to build the wall.   Not passing a budget without wall funding is today's promise.  Joe it is the first and most often made promise.  Will he again reverse direction or is this the first of many promises that he will use pressure to achieve.

I think Trump has learned that he will not get help from Ryan and McConnell and their minions.  His only choice is to reach out to the people.  Will we see a flip again in his action to going to the people to achieve in campaign promises (this is against the principle of the liberals that as said by many "people make politic").  I again do not know of anyone that have use the tactic of getting people not favoring a policy to implement and write a policy they oppose.

Joe I would love to understand how this tactic works.
Joe Chiang Added Aug 27, 2017 - 5:03pm
I think you missed it a little.
First let me share from where I come.  The red and blue parties used to be very different. But now they are more alike than different.
The blue party brought us ObamaCare. The red party funded ObamaCare. Now the red party is forcing us to keep ObamaCare. So what is the difference?  The blue's in red clothing are often called RINOs (Republican in Name Only) and they are the MAJORITY of the GOPs in congress.
The big question is "Do you trust your government?" If yes then keep voting liberals into office, red or blue liberals, who will continue to make government bigger and stronger. But if you agree with me that government should not and cannot be trusted, then why vote for candidates who keep making the government you don't trust bigger and stronger?
I believe we no longer have a two party system in the US.  We have one party, The Liberal Progressive Party with a blue wing and red wing.
Currently we have so few real conservatives in congress, that Trump is fighting the liberals, both red and blue.  The only chance to get a conservative government will be to get rid of the RINO fau-Conservatives and replace them with real conservatives.  I hope that helps make more sense of my comments.  :)
Thomas Sutrina Added Aug 27, 2017 - 7:57pm
So I agree, now what.  The one party system has made the entry cost high in number of people needed to get on ballots, the approval process of signatures is under their control,  the cost of getting your message out is high due to the disinformation and cost of time.  Thus it is unlikely a grass roots party can enter the market as the Republican party did in 1854.  The local party gains by having a high cost of entry so can not get help by going local.  You need people to run that are unquestionable in their community and can get elected with all the negative effort that will be mounted.  That is why we have few conservatives in congress and the ones we get in are challenged when up for re-election if they weren't turned.

Trump is fighting who?  He believe that if he supports liberal then they will help his record.  Trump will join them and have throwing conservatives under the bus.    Ryan and McConnell are not playing unless it is their rules.  He will not get Democratic help and neither and Ryan or McConnell also can not get the support they normally obtained because they want to win back control.

COS is the best bet because the states do not like pimping for the Federal government.   Iam talking about Republicans and Democrats.  As I said to get 3/5 of the states to send delegates means they really have to feel the pain, and when they feel the pain they will likely find amendment text that will help conservatives to get a compromise.  The same is true to get 3/4 of the states to amend the Constitution.
Ari Silverstein Added Aug 28, 2017 - 11:52am
“Both public officials including former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and the Media have been howling to impeach or remove Trump using the 25th Amendment.”

Your first sentence is a grammatical mess.  I believe you meant to say:

Public officials, including former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, and the Media, have been howling to impeach or remove Trump using the 25th Amendment.

I think it’s high time you start respecting the Constitution.  According to the 25th Amendment a president who is “is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office” can be removed.   The Constitution also allows for free speech no matter if one is a politician or representative of the media.  So Pelosi and other liberals, whether they be members of the media or not, are free to attempt to remove Trump or advocate for his removal.
Joe Chiang Added Aug 28, 2017 - 12:13pm
Well said Ari.  The 25th Amendment has NOTHING to do with impeachment.  It makes an orderly transition of power should the President become disabled.  Not liking what the president does does NOT mean he is incapacitated.  LOL

Please read the 3 Pillars and 7 Principles of the Constitution Party and see if you agree or disagree.  http://www.constitutionparty.com/
Thomas Sutrina Added Aug 28, 2017 - 12:59pm
Ari how am I disrespecting the Constitution?  Please explain?  I am not howling to apply the 25th Amendment or impeachment.  I am not saying the Constitution is a living document and can be changed by the administration.  I am saying those asking for the 25th have no evidence this is just bull shit.  Now is that disrespect.  Impeachment is the failure of the president to retain enough support in congress.  No stands of evidence are needed.
Thomas Sutrina Added Aug 28, 2017 - 1:27pm
Ari  You wrote this in another article, "1) Between liberals running roughshod over the Constitution and passing all sorts of damaging legislation and nothing happening, I take nothing all day long.  So things are much better now than they have been for years.  This is a time of great hope for positive change.

2) Despite our political differences of opinion, at least things are still relatively peaceful.  By relatively, look no further than the civil war to see how bad things could get.  Or as recently as the summer of 1967 when there were 159 riots and many more deaths. "

You said, "I think it’s high time you start respecting the Constitution," you have now defined the YOU.  And what do you think those 159 riots means when you consider that the police are instructed not to arrest the groups that support the government agenda, Democratic local government.
Bill H. Added Aug 28, 2017 - 3:39pm
Trump is being deemed mentally unfit to be President by almost one third of top Republicans and Military brass in private conversations, so the 25th may soon become the hot topic. You won't hear this on Fox News.
Thomas Sutrina Added Aug 28, 2017 - 4:26pm
Bill H., numbers of people that are expressing their political opinion is not the same thing as a true medical opinion.  the 25th Amendment is has a medical requirement not a political on.  Impeachment is the political option.
George N Romey Added Aug 28, 2017 - 5:06pm
Again you pro impeachment people don't seem to understand you will get President Pence. Pence won't talk about war he simply will do it.
Bill H. Added Aug 28, 2017 - 6:00pm
You are correct, George. Maybe Trump selected Pence as Impeachment Insurance. Either way, we will get screwed.
Let's handle one fool at a time.
Bill H. Added Aug 28, 2017 - 6:05pm
Thomas-
Trumps mental state is already a topic of discussion in the medical world.
Joe Chiang Added Aug 28, 2017 - 6:43pm
Trump will still have to be forced to undergo a medical evaluation to have competent determination that he is medically unfit.  And he is not going to do that.  BTW the GOP leadership should actually be Democratic party leadership.  They stand for NOTHING Republican.
Thomas Sutrina Added Aug 28, 2017 - 7:34pm
Bill H., the Goldwater rule requires an in person mental state interview.  "psychologist John Gartner, PhD, of John Hopkins Medical School, have insisted publicly that President Trump is seriously disturbed—and to date, he’s rallied over target="_blank">30,000 signatures from mental health professionals who agree." but he never said that he met the Goldwater rule and conducted an interview and did not name another professional that conducted the interview.  This is exactly what happened to Goldwater and is the reason the rule was created.

Your promoting FAKE NEWS.   You have the political solution impeachment.  That today is a bar too high to clear.  Thus the FAKE NEWS.
Bill H. Added Aug 28, 2017 - 11:08pm
Thomas, it is not "Fake News".
It is quite obvious to those who are not Trump worshippers that he is really not quite sane and has traits that endanger the country.
Yes, other presidents have had some personality issues, but Trump borders on a madman dictator.
In my opinion, anyone who supports this buffoon does not support America, they simply want to enjoy watching a reality show presidency.

John G Added Aug 28, 2017 - 11:27pm
Nope. It's the exact opposite. The Dems are right wing Republicans in the wrong party.
Shane Laing Added Aug 29, 2017 - 5:33am
I think that the president has missed a great chance of getting some great PR with the Houston disaster.  He could and should have mobilised all troops and have them go to Houston to help out, rescuing, feeding, providing shelter, support for FEMA. As Houston is the 4th largest city in the US I would suggest that they need all the help they can get. It would have shown him taking a lead (presidential) role.
Thomas Sutrina Added Aug 29, 2017 - 8:06am
Bill until you present EVIDENCE AS DEFINED BY THE "GOLD WATER RULE" IT IS A FAKE.   The echo chamber your trying to make is smells like dead fish.  You are succeeding on that.

And you know Bill I am not a Trump worshippers.  If you have not figured that out then your a mental midget.  I do not support Trump but I do not support fools either.  Yes, Bill he can be a fool.

John G the Republican leaders are defined as RINOs  Republicans in Name Only thus Democrats in a two party system.

Shane L that is why he is flying down to see the damage.
Bill H. Added Aug 29, 2017 - 6:14pm
Trump would never agree to a psychological examination.
I think we all remember prior statements from Trump's doctor who wrote the Trump's State of Health letter in 5 minutes while Trump's limo waited.

Thomas Sutrina Added Aug 29, 2017 - 7:55pm
Bill H., no president I can think of would agree to a psychological examination.  Your not surprise, and I am not surprised.  The cabinet or the president's doctor is expected to call for such an examination.   Wilson should have been relieved while he was recovering from a stoke.   Reagan transferred control while he was being operated on.

The call for a psychological examination is driven by politics first just as Gold Water attack.  That is why impeachment exist for dealing with political issues.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Aug 30, 2017 - 11:51am
Apart from the fact that psychology is still a science far from being settled and the speculation about Clinton's health turned out to be less than accurate (she still breathes; probably sulfur but nevertheless), the whole problem is the inability of the left to accept election results.
This is very troubling. Ireland was asked to vote TWICE for more EU integration (Treaty of Nice) to give the elites the results that they wanted, Brexit is watered down behind the scenes, and every excuse is accepted remove Trump.
It is a very dangerous situation and as far-fetched it may sound today, the perils of Western civil war have to be taken seriously if this behavior continues to get worse.
Accept election results and allow open discussions! Is that really too much to ask for?
Dr. Rupert Green Added Aug 31, 2017 - 11:06am
@ Thomas. Americans are hurting and I have responded thus. Can you use your extensive knowledge and your perspicaciousness  to mount a similar challenge?
Thomas Sutrina Added Aug 31, 2017 - 11:54am
Sorry Dr Green but I do not open sites when I have not idea where they are sending me.  I suspect it is a WB article but not directly to it.
Joe Chiang Added Aug 31, 2017 - 1:04pm
Psychology, in my opinion, is NOT a real science.  It is a pseudoscience.  There is no one who can look into a person's mind and analyze what is going on there in any objective manner.  All deductions are open to interpretation.  Psychology is less a science than climate change.  It is less a science than astrology.
Thomas Sutrina Added Aug 31, 2017 - 1:48pm
Joe C., since psychology is not real science then your saying that you want to turn the the 25th amendment into a political tool.   Joe C., that is what the impeachment procedure is for.
Joe Chiang Added Aug 31, 2017 - 3:55pm
The impeachment, as I recall, is a part of the US Constitution and not an amendment.  The 25th Amendment was established because there was an issue with, I believe it was President Buchanan, who was ill and it was suspected his wife took over the duties of President.  President Kennedy was shot and Mr. Johnson was sworn in under the 25th Amendment since President Kennedy was not capable of serving as President.  Two totally different things.  One is for Presidential illegal acts, like Benghazi, IRS, etc of the President Obama era, and one is for medical incapacity.
Thomas Sutrina Added Sep 4, 2017 - 9:15am
Joe C.  Never said impeachment was an amendment.  And I said earlier that the 25th amendment was for medical reasons.  The problem we have with the psychological effort against Trump is that it is not based on absolute medical facts.  It is based on supposition.  And Trump has to give permission to obtain the facts which he or any other president will not do.  This then falls into the impeachment realm.  If one in psychologically incapable of performing the duties of the president then they will be making decisions that are impeachable.   The decisions are political ones.

Dannl and Joe, the Senate knew all the facts you present about Secretary of State and former Exxon Mobil CEO Tillerson and the confirmed him.   You thing bringing up things that the media did not due when he was confirmed is a great tactic.  That is a laugh.  They are grasping at straws.
William Stockton Added Sep 4, 2017 - 10:12am
Ostrich Parasitic Syndrom.
Gad Saad is a lefty and has abandoned the progressive reservation.  I listen to and read him regularly.  He is a very accomplished author and professor of science (human behavior).
He has identified a neurological malady affecting the leftist media and academia today.  I am much, much more concerned with this problem than with Trump's intellectual shortcomings.
Thomas Sutrina Added Sep 4, 2017 - 10:46am
But how many Americans?  Now that is the media's job Dannl.  My opinion of a swamp driven government is exactly what you say psychos in charge of everything.  So that means they must be in charge of Trump or Trump is on of the psychos.  and those charging him are psychos and the media are psychos.   So how do you separate the non-psychos from the psychos when you do not know that mind of those judging or for that matter you or me?
Thomas Sutrina Added Sep 4, 2017 - 5:21pm
Dannl  governments are not parents so the question about going to war is a false question.

Assassins, snipers, drowns, etc. are just modern weapons but history is a constant stream of governments doing similar things up to the capacity of the times.   So again you made up a situation that applies to people but not to governments.  By your terms then all governments are psycho.

Recent Articles by Writers Thomas Sutrina follows.