HOW I FOUND GOD

Simple.

God wants us to rethink our way of life. Just yesterday I had a dream. I was in bed, and I had no rest. I was twisting and turning around in my bed and there was a light which came through the window. I kind of woke up, half-asleep, and thought: Wow. No street lamps around but a light.

Then, I concentrated on that light, and suddenly, a voice popped up in my head, stronger than the mp3 player which was still blasting Death Metal in my ears, and the voice said:

"I found you."

"What ? At this time ? Where are you ?"

"Here with you."

"Who are you ?"

"God."

"Ah, ok. Nice dream. What do you want ?"

"To believe in me."

"What for ?"

"If you believe in me, everything will be ok."

"For whom ? For me ? I don't have money, get me some ?"

"Belief is not money, it's the spirit that will make you free."

"Ok, so no food at the weekend ?"

"These are earthly matters which do not count in the end."

"Tell that to my poor family"

"They know already."

"Ah-huh. They accept that ?"

"Yes. They have understood that their suffrance will end in paradise because they believe in me."

"Thanks god. Nice to meet you, again, what can you do for me now ?"

"Pray for the poor, for the unfortunate, so you will also be part of the saved ones."

"And the ones who don't pray ? The ones who don't comply to your rules ?"

"They will burn in hell."

"Also the rich ones, the criminals and the ones who exploit the poor ?"

"Let me get back on that tomorrow, I have to check the NYSE first."

Since that encounter, I believe in god. The more cash I have in my wallet, the more I'm sure that god exists.

Amen, Insh'allah.

Comments

Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 11, 2017 - 11:12am
Couldn't resist, sorry. No insult to the poor ones.....
Dr. Rupert Green Added Sep 11, 2017 - 1:07pm
You missed where some people had their treasure and land taken and they were left in poverty and holding a bible/religious text  with the instruction to pray until God comes back to take the believers into paradise where 72 virgins await them, and to burn the wicked with ever giving them a glass of water.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Sep 11, 2017 - 1:22pm
If I were an American Christian I would say that I was born again. In Europe that translates to 'I had a depression'. ;-)
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 11, 2017 - 1:24pm
DRG

Well.....I call that a brainwash ;-)
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 11, 2017 - 1:26pm
Benjamin

Exactly. But for some people a bible and a wild imagination helps to get out of a hole. See Dubya Bush. Wealth doesn't protect from stupidity, but when being stupid gets you though life easier then so be it :-)
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 11, 2017 - 1:36pm
I never forget that Senegalese small store owner who had set up his store in an unfavorable location and told me when I recommended to relocate to a more frequented street: "If Allah doesn't want to succeed me here, he won't anywhere else."
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 11, 2017 - 1:38pm
"want me to succeed". Sorry, my English.......
Benjamin Goldstein Added Sep 11, 2017 - 1:42pm
I hope it does. If Allah doesn't want me to succeed with stupidity, he won't want to succeed me with smarts. :D
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 11, 2017 - 1:46pm
LOOL
Paul H. Mayo Added Sep 11, 2017 - 3:14pm
Never believed in God, even as a kid, and that was growing up in a Catholic family.  When 7 of us were struck by lightning camping on Long lake in the Adirondacks, after I came to I started praying to God to let my son and daughter to be safe. The storm around us was horrific. We all were safe, just very shook up. Lends credence to the saying, There are no atheists in a foxhole.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 11, 2017 - 3:29pm
Paul

I had the luck to grow up with my mother only, after my father fucked off when I was a teenager, and I remember the conversation:

"Do you believe in god ?"
"I guess so."
"Why ?"
"Because most people believe in him"

That reply made me curious. And I learnt then, at the age of 12, to never follow the POV of people who can't reason their WHY.

But she had a big heart.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 11, 2017 - 3:36pm
BTW: Why I don't believe is simply explained:

That's why humanity hasn't improved since. Quite obvious, right ?

Excerpt:

The old limbic brain has not been replaced and is not only predominant in regard to all aspects of motivational and emotional functioning, but is capable of completely overwhelming "the rational mind" due in part to the massive axonal projections of limbic system to the neocortex.

This explains why we never learn.

God doesn't know about updates LOL
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 11, 2017 - 4:02pm
Ever been in a scene or situation where TIME just dragged on?

"They will burn in hell" you write.

Now getting back to this real material world, never before in the history of the Human Race, was it possible for humanity to self-destruct with Nuclear Weapons, and bring about a Global Holocaust.

That is real fire that burns the skin right off. The humans killed immediately will be the lucky ones.
For the survivor, with no electricity, water, food, food, cell phones, Internet, garbage pickup, NOTHING, those brutes with the guns will take anything you have. You've all seen those kinds of movies of the aftermath.

It will be like Hell, when moments can seem like an Eternity.
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 11, 2017 - 4:09pm
btw, S-E F, did my article, 'Revelation of Jesus Christ: 19/11 to 9/11,' published at 8:01am, give you the idea to publish this article at 11:11am that you are conscious of?
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 11, 2017 - 4:19pm
Ray

I could have betted you show up here LOL

True. But it has nothing to do with a god or prayer but it's a purely human thing. And since "god" made us apparently according to his image one could actually mean he/she/it likes that scenario of violence and destruction because we don't pray to him enough ;-)

Quite human behavior, I punish you because you don't obey LOL
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 11, 2017 - 4:20pm
11:11 am ? I'm in another time zone.......that was around 5 pm here or so...
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 11, 2017 - 4:23pm
BTW: Sorry, I didn't read that article, pardon me for not being too interested in religious scriptures. However, I believe in coincidences :-)
Nasty Added Sep 11, 2017 - 4:31pm

SEF. I detect a lack of sincerity on your part.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 11, 2017 - 4:38pm
How do you mean that ? ;-)

Maybe some European irony/sarcasm in it......LOL
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 11, 2017 - 4:39pm
BTW: I make no fun of Ray. I just love these little stitches. That doesn't mean I don't respect him or others.
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 11, 2017 - 5:25pm
So S-E F, you commented in my article you didn't read? You are in a different zone, that's for sure.
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 11, 2017 - 5:37pm
"Quite human behavior, I punish you because you don't obey LOL "

The Law does that, and as you say, it's a human thing.

A genuine Love Relationship with God, inspires to always reach higher, and do better. I say genuine because even the Resurrected Living Christ recognizes the Hippocrates using his name. It's in the Book.

Say unto them, As I live, says the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn, turn from your evil ways; for why will you die, O house of Israel?

In the World, humans take great pleasure in the death of the wicked. That's the human thing!
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 11, 2017 - 5:47pm
Ray

I read it, but I can't really relate to it. I understand YOUR general point of view (it's not much different than mine), but I have to put all the connections to a "god" aside, kind of undress the whole thing to its basics - human feelings.

People can mean the same but come from different sides. As I said my wife is Muslim and I'm atheist but we put all that backpack aside. We don't need to justify our actions and feelings by anything else than the sense of belonging and loving. Without exterior influence.
Paul H. Mayo Added Sep 11, 2017 - 6:21pm
Stone, When I say a Catholic family, our parents stayed home and sent the kids to church. I thought that odd. Questioned Gods existence same age as you. Catholic conditioning still has me, fifty years later, automatically writing God with a capital G.
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 11, 2017 - 7:38pm
Stone Eater, You say, "I read it, but I can't really relate to it."
I totally relate to that, when the ancient Biblical Scriptures in the Revelation, fit like a glove on present Day circumstances, and my 9/11 article points out what you said, "However, I believe in coincidences :-)"
My personal reference Bible was printed in 1855, before the US
un-Civil War, and before CanaDa and Israel existed. That's really not too long ago.
wsucram15 Added Sep 11, 2017 - 8:36pm
SEF..since you are reaching out to God..Im not sure, but I thought you might have Georges email.  Sometimes you can get texts on your phone when you get a synced email.
He lives in Florida.  I dont have any way to reach him.  A couple of my friends had some damage to property.  Two have not been online (which is to be expected) and I cant reach by phone.   So I was just wondering if you could reach out to George.
John G Added Sep 11, 2017 - 11:55pm
The hypocrisy of most Christians is enough to make any sane person wary. WG has regulars who proclaim their christian goodness, that atheists can have no moral code AND that the quarter of the world's population identifying as muslims should be slaughtered.
A charming bunch.
Lends credence to the saying, There are no atheists in a foxhole.
I've been very close to death from illness and been in a couple of very tricky situations that could have gone the wrong way quite easily and I've never felt the faintest urge to believe in a supernatural entity.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 12, 2017 - 2:45am
Paul

The lack of religious influence in my life conditioned me to write god without a capital G LOL
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 12, 2017 - 2:46am
Jeanne

That article is irony/sarcasm ;-)
wsucram15 Added Sep 12, 2017 - 6:18am
So was my comment,  I was asking if you had heard from George.  Where he lives was just hit by a hurricane. and he hasnt been on here since the 6th.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 12, 2017 - 8:31am
George.....nope. Not yet....shit. Have found him on LI and asked him to connect.....I don't have his mail or phone.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 12, 2017 - 5:37pm
Dannl

If you can explain to me how

Ray Cormier has an English value of 882=18=9

this adds up I can maybe follow. I might be ok in languages, but I'm a math nut :-)
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 12, 2017 - 5:40pm
...ok got it finally: I'm from Berne. We Berners are slow but we never forget anything. The elephants of Switzerland LOL
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 12, 2017 - 5:52pm
BTW: After rethinking....

Ante miridian holds a simple value of 117( 1+1+7=9)

How do you interprete the 7 in 9-11 11:11 ? Ante meridian is the simple difference between the anglophone AM/PM and our 24hr format....
The Burghal Hidage Added Sep 12, 2017 - 10:05pm
Ja das stimmt,mein freund. Ich verstehe, ganz klar.
john guzlowski Added Sep 12, 2017 - 10:27pm
Jesus once spoke to me.
I was sleeping in the desert outside of Elko, NV. It was 1968 or 1969. I don't remember anymore. I was sleeping and I heard a voice.
The voice was dry, sandy. And I could hear the wind behind it, there was a darkness in it too. But as soon as it spoke I knew it was Jesus. I woke up in fear, because I had been a sinner for a long time, and my sins were bad ones.
And he said, don't worry, Johnny. I'm not here about your sins. They are just something you do. Don't worry about them. I'm here to tell you to go home and be a good boy to your mom and dad, a real helper.
And I nodded my head and the voice was gone.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Sep 13, 2017 - 4:01am
The Abrahmic gawd demands its children worship obey and love it and if they don't it will cast them into the fires of hell where they will burn and writhe and scream and suffer for eternity.

Because it loves you.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 13, 2017 - 5:05am
John

1968/69 was psychedelic's time. Are you sure you weren't on LSD or Mushrooms ? ;-)
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 13, 2017 - 5:11am
BTW

Ghosts are not uncommon ....

Beat Crusaders - Ghost
john guzlowski Added Sep 13, 2017 - 6:30am
How I Lost God

I was was sitting in a church, St. Ferdinand's on Austin Ave in Chicago, and a priest was talking.  I don't remember any more what he was saying.  It was the kind of stuff priests were always saying, about being good or donating more money to the church, and I looked up at the space around me.  It was beautiful and huge.  The church was one of those old immigrant churches.  I looked at the people around me and they were looking down at their hands or at the children sitting next to them.

Then I looked again at the space above the moms and dads and their kids, and it seemed empty.  There was no God there, no Jesus or Holy Spirit, just the emptiness and the priest's voice going on and on.

And I left the church and knew I would never be back.

john guzlowski Added Sep 13, 2017 - 6:35am
Stone-eater, I was doing Acid in those days, but not while hitchhiking. Too many cops and wackos on the road.

When I got back home, I went to confession and told a priest my sins, and he pretty much said what Jesus said. He said what I considered sins weren't sins, that the priests and nuns who taught me about sin when I was a kid were wrong.

He said, I should live my life and be kind to people.

wsucram15 Added Sep 13, 2017 - 9:39am
John..Ive tried to talk to SEF about God...he is a pretty open minded guy, but "no bueno" on the Higher power narrative, even with Acid.

Im not a big fan of Priests ..or organized religion, I have my reasons and have an enormous envy (maybe) for those that are able to have faith that way.

Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 13, 2017 - 10:51am
Jeanne

LOL

Know why ? Because Christian (and many Muslims) believers are either naive children, or hypocrits, or sociopaths who blame "god" for man-made errors and faults, and they delegate their own responsability to god.

At least some of them are really living up to what their handbook of behavior tells them, but I simply can't understand why they need an external source to tell them what's morally good and what not. Again: education.

Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 13, 2017 - 10:52am
+++ Off Topic +++

(For Jeanne)

The new album by Caligula's Horse is out :-)) Here's a taste:

I fucking love it LOL
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 13, 2017 - 11:01am
Dannl, these are my favourite love songs from God to me, you, and all humans.
As for the love of Jesus, it boggles my mind, he being fully human like all of us, while his human body was feeling the pain of crucifixion, he could cry out, 'Father, Forgive them. They don't know what they're doing.'

I LOVE YOU
I DELIGHT IN YOU
Katharine Otto Added Sep 13, 2017 - 12:50pm
Stone-Eater,
When I was 13, I made the decision to believe in God, just in case he existed.  Now, at 65, I'm more inclined to believe in a universal consciousness, like the Oriental concept of "qi," or the Native American belief in nature as god.  No longer anthropocentric, and it makes more sense to me.

Nature is beautifully amoral.  It works and has worked for longer than we can know.  I guess we are the newest of the life-form creations, except the mutants we are creating, so we are--in one sense--the least evolved.  If we survive, give us a few millennia, and maybe we will learn something useful.

All sensation feeds through the limbic system, the emotional center of the brain.  We tend to distrust emotions, because there's a prejudice against them, but there are positive ones, too, like compassion and love.

Your topic has inspired a lot of comments, because we are all asking "why," maybe more so in these troubled times.  The commonality is we are all seeking, and the answers, if any, may not be important.

Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 13, 2017 - 1:28pm
Katharine your words moved me to revisit these words,

And more than they, my son, beware; making many books has no end, and studying much is a weariness of the flesh.
The end of the matter, everything having been heard, fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the entire man.
For every deed God will bring to judgment-for every hidden thing, whether good or bad.
Ecclesiastes 12:12
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 13, 2017 - 2:58pm
+++ Off topic +++

For Jeanne

Stone improvises Hotel California...2nd time :-)
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 13, 2017 - 3:00pm
Katharine

When I was 13, I made the decision to believe in God

That's the problem. I could never DECIDE to believe in anything. I had to see logic in it and be convinced according to that :-)
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 13, 2017 - 3:05pm
BTW Jeanne

There are some wrong notes in it but never mind. I hate practising LOL
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 13, 2017 - 4:48pm
Stone Eater, did you notice FOUSESQUAWK deleted my reply to Simply Jews in his article, '9-11 After 16 Years' that you reinforced with your comment at 11:27 this am?

Freedom of Speech is fickle for some people I guess.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 13, 2017 - 5:37pm
Ray

No, sorry. I rarely delete comments, I had only one guy I deleted regularly because he was going over the edge with insults.
Jenifer Frost Added Sep 13, 2017 - 7:07pm
I never "found God" (didn't know he was lost?), I was born remembering past lifetimes and God's kingdom between lifes. It's a personal experience for me, and most of my faith, which is why we don't evangelize or otherwise look for converts. They find us, or we just live and let live leaving others to their own devices.

Recent Articles by Writers Stone-Eater Friedli follows.