FAITH AND BELIEF

BELIEVE

“Believe that you can run farther or faster. Believe that you’re young enough, old enough, strong enough, and so on to accomplish everything you want to do. Don’t let worn-out beliefs stop you from moving beyond yourself.” – John Bingham

You are what you believe in. I am what I believe in. We all are the by-products of our beliefs.This is extremely important. What you believe in is going to determine how your future will look like. Your thoughts will shape your world for you. There is no reality other than the one we interpret ourselves.

That is all.

Believe that you are good enough.

Believe that you can do better.

Believe that you can…

And you WILL.

The above was written by Cristian Mihai. I added the images, including the images beyond the Bible views below, the same ideas Cristian is imparting, without recognizing the Bible as the inspiration.

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God comes not with observation:
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is WITHIN YOU.

Luke 17:20-21

Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

Matthew 12:25

This also applies to every Individual!

Comments

Stephen Hunter Added Sep 17, 2017 - 9:21am
“Believe that you can run farther or faster.
This is definitely true, as once Bannister ran the 4 minute mile(1952 I think), the next year many others did as well, and thousands have done it since.
Dino Manalis Added Sep 17, 2017 - 9:23am
 Important, yet difficult to adapt to other views!
Tubularsock Added Sep 17, 2017 - 6:03pm
Yep, our projection is our reality. And the amazing thing is that we will kill others from our reality. And "they" do as well.

Just maybe we should start and project differently. But no, the best modern man seems to be able to do is change the channel but sees the same program.

Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 17, 2017 - 6:16pm
Yawn.
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 17, 2017 - 6:49pm
Stone Eater, why even bother?
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 17, 2017 - 6:57pm
Good question LOL
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 17, 2017 - 9:57pm
You do have your own current anti-Faith/Belief article, exposing your own rigid Ideology and belief God doesn't exist. It doesn't bother me you evangelize your PoV.

I read it, and the comments. I'll comment soon.
Maureen Foster Added Sep 18, 2017 - 4:50pm
I don’t understand people that don’t write their own prose.  That’s why I like this site, I don’t have to read a bunch of links and re-blogs.  I get to see exactly what’s on the author’s mind and how they get their point across.  Then I bump into something like this where the only added value by the author is an image.  Next time I’ll be sure to avoid your work.
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 18, 2017 - 7:45pm
Maureen, thanks for dropping by. Having read your one article, I think Cristian Mahai is a better writer than you and me, and other writers can learn a lot from him. You don't have to follow a link to read his simple writing concerning this particular subject. It's here in black and white. The images I selected complement his writing, even if you can't see that. There is nothing wrong with supporting other writers in WriterBeat.

I don't know who they are, but 3 other people liked this article, which puts you in the expressed minority so far.

True Democracies always have Legal Protections for Minorities. History proves the Minority could be right and the Majority wrong in cases.

I write in my own words where I think that idea started in my article 'Seeds of Democracy.'

You might learn something you didn't know before following the link. I follow links often in various articles I read. Usually they lead to a better understanding and fuller grasp of the issue at hand.
Dawn Foss Added Sep 18, 2017 - 8:58pm
Hi Ray! I haven't written for a while because I've been busy, but yes, other people, including me, include links on here. That's why there is the link button. Great articles and books reference many resources to help support their points.

Belief and faith are very important, and you're right - we place faith in a lot of things. We place our faith in a pilot before we take our seat on a plane. We place our faith in the chef before we put that bite of food in our mouths. God desires us to place our faith and trust in Him; as a matter of fact, it is impossible to please God without doing so. Hebrews 11:6: "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 18, 2017 - 9:17pm
Dawn, I appreciate your comment. I came alive to God February 1, 1975. I was 29 going on 30. Before that Day, I never thought about God since I was a pre-teen, and made no room for the thought in my Life.
Since then, this has been a part of my experience even if others haven't had the same experience;
'for he that comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is a
re-warder of them that diligently seek him." I call those "rewards" mini-miracles, and have had almost as many as the hairs on my head, too many to count since I started to Believe 42 years ago.
Let all those that seek You Rejoice and be Glad in You: let such as love Your Salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.
Psalm 40
Glenn Verasco Added Sep 18, 2017 - 10:42pm
Ray, I think this piece would be stronger if you added some specific examples or analogies. There are too many generalizations for this to be meaningful. I yawned with Stone.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Sep 19, 2017 - 7:54am
@ Ray. "Believe that you’re young enough, old enough, strong enough, and so on to accomplish everything you want to do."

"All that we are requires faith. Not just in a religious sense, but also… self-confidence, trust, power, courage, perseverance, ambition. We must believe that we are doing the right thing. We must believe in our actions, in our thoughts, in our feelings, in our destiny."

The first statement expresses limits informed by reality. I am 62 and despite what I believe, I know  I am not going to be physically strong as a typical young buck moving mountains I am , however, old enough and know I can give them a run for their money on mental endurance, reasoning, and the design of the controls for machines to move mountains.

A cat in the bible (Methuselah)  was stated to live to 900 years, another (Jesus) walked on water, and some current Grios, monks, and Swamis perform incredible feats. Perhaps there are ancient wisdom lost to us, or others that can result from the long and torturous studies and actions of priests that would actualize your mind over matter exhortation.

If I were a Christian, I would have faith that the announcement for anyone to stand in for a stricken pilot of the 525 passengers plane I am on would result in someone who can fly the plane. I would trust the person is telling the truth about his or her skills.   But in spite of my faith, I want to know the facts before getting on that plane.

Many Christians who are Republicans advance a belief that it would be better with the government out of people's business. Does that mean they would not require individuals claiming to be pilots to be trained and licensed as ordered by the government?

Faith is antithetical to the facts. Faith is good for religion, but facts will make religion null and void. That is to say, belief advances religion but facts and knowing eliminate belief. Still, you hear some Christians saying: I know that God lives.  If that is so, why the need for belief and religion?

What is the right thing can be interpreted through the lens of culture: "Walk behind me woman," circumcision with the mouth, genitalia mutilation.  Why should America oppose such things that are right in the minds of the practitioners who are its recent immigrants?

Indeed, even the slug may think of its significance in the world in that it eats and breeds (and is at the top of its food chain) to advance its existence, perhaps, not knowing why it does. We as humans, however, thank a greater power in whom we believe is the catalysis for all life.  Only a fool would think he or she created his or herself.

Perhaps advancement in society and the passage of time would cause one to hold the view of spontaneous birth void of prior interactions. Years ago there was a computer chip called the 8000 and one called the 4000. The competition between the two chip makers resulted in the IBM and the Apple computers.

Improvement in those chips now results in machines making machines, body parts for human, performing surgery on humans, and are so integrated in our lives that young people almost worship them. In, fact adults have faith in them to: drive their cars while the passengers sleep, watch their children, fly airplanes; guide space craft to the edge of space.

Those chips are creating equipment and machine that create other equipment and machines, and will soon have the new generations seeing them as God, the creators. Ask yourself who a cyborg will worship, an invisible God or the machines making their body parts.

People of different beliefs can quoth scriptures to advance the the righteousness of their beliefs.

I will close this musing by pointing out the need to be reflective when citing antithesis, oxymoron, paradox, and other figure of speech.

Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 19, 2017 - 9:17am
Dr. Green, it was interesting reading your musing. Not much to disagree with, as you point out many realities of this world. The average Citizens have flesh comforts these Days, Kings, Emperors and Popes never envisioned.

In my 74th year, my body does not have the same abilities I had when I was 20. Have to face that FACT, no matter how much I think it should not be like that.

We are born into this Material World toothless, vulnerable, dependent and having to wear diapers. We leave this Material World toothless, vulnerable, dependent and having to wear diapers.

When I was 5 or 6, I asked my Mother why Jesus was nailed to the Cross? She told me it was because of all the bad things people do to people.
I forgot that incident, but many years after it, she told me I then said, "When I grow up, I'm going to take Jesus off that Cross."
That's still a work in progress at 74. It would be so nice to be able to just snap the fingers and it's done.
If God used a fly swatter to hit everyone who sins at the Time they sin, there would be no human flesh left on Earth.

Which of you by taking thought can add one inch to his height [...] And seek not what you shall eat, or what you shall drink, neither be  of doubtful mind.
For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knows that you have need of these things.
But you seek first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Matthew 6; Luke 12
Steve Bergeron Added Sep 19, 2017 - 7:20pm
Lex orandi, lex credendi.  There is a very strong link between our beliefs and the way we live our lives.  The brain has an elasticity to it, that is absolutely amazing.  The brain creates neurological pathways based on our actions and beliefs.  If we act like we claim to believe, those pathways are strengthened.  If we begin to act contrary to what we claim to believe, then those pathways begin to fade away and get destroyed, replaced by new pathways.
Dawn Foss Added Sep 23, 2017 - 1:33am
Ray, I just praise the Lord to hear your testimony! I was saved in August 1978 when I was 8 yrs. old at Bible camp in New England. I heard the preaching of the Gospel, and had plenty of time to be outdoors and think on spiritual things, meditating on what I was learning. I knew that I was a sinner, and that I didn't want to spend eternity in hell. I was glad that Jesus made a way for me to be able to avoid that terrible destination by trusting in Him for salvation, and I made the decision on the last day of camp. I was so excited, and couldn't wait to tell my parents! I was baptized by our pastor soon afterwards. That was the first step of obedience. Oh, what a wonderful life it has been! Oh, loaded with problems like everyone else, but going through them all with the love of God, the power of the Holy Spirit, and the communion with the Father. He is my best friend. It was not hard to place my faith in my Creator. It was the best choice I ever made, and I have dedicated my life to serving my Lord, with joy in my heart, music in my soul, and praises on my lips for such a great God. He is the only God, and I am so thankful He is so good. Imagine if He had even a little bit of evil in Him? With all His power, that would be a very scary thing. I wrote a song called, "Thank You for Being So Good." "Thank You For Being So Good" song
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 23, 2017 - 8:04am
Steve, thanks for your insight. I believe what you wrote.

Dawn, thanks for sharing your Testimony. I was Atheist until God touched me as I was 29 going on 30. Even so, I never put others down because they believed in God, as some people do on this site.

Yet a little while, and the world sees me no more; but you see me: because I live, you shall live also.
At that day you shall know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.
He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Judas said to him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not unto the world?
Jesus answered and said to him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. [...] You have heard how I said to you, I go away, and come again to you. If you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go to the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
John 14

Unfortunately, the link to your song does not lead to it, but you will love this Love song of God for us.
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 23, 2017 - 8:11am
I have no problem promoting the writer of this article. I am one follower of his Blog out of 2810 other people appreciating his writing talent. Here is something more recent. My writing should be so short and Direct!

“Neither love nor terror makes one blind: indifference makes one blind.” – James Baldwin

I believe that this world is only as big as we want it to be. We don’t see the world as it is, but as we are.

And I also believe that a lot of people choose not to see as much as they could. I strenuously believe people kind of like being blind to the outside world, to what doesn’t cater to their needs and desires.

What I’m really trying to say is that we’re spending most of our time being self-centred.

We are not the centre of the Universe. None of us is.

The Universe, yes, it’s a huge and dark place. It’s indifferent to our needs, wants, dreams, expectations. That’s why we need to take care of each other, to help each other become the very best possible versions of ourselves.

And it’s not about what we might get by being like this, but about who we become in being like this.

INDIFFERENCE by Cristian Mihai
Dawn Foss Added Sep 23, 2017 - 8:23am
Ray, thanks for sharing those verses and those thoughts. What a great reminder! And yes - a God centered universe and not man centered universe is what will change our perspective so it is in line with our purpose and meaning on this earth. He is God, we are not. The sooner we can realize that and spend our efforts honoring and glorifying Him and not ourselves, the faster we will be on the track to joy and fulfillment. And that song is beautiful! It was a blessing to me. And that's so true about Indifference. I love passing forward great articles and words of wisdom! I'm glad you do, too.

About loving God, you might like this song I wrote more recently: This Is Why I Love Him.

Recent Articles by Writers Ray Joseph Cormier follows.