A DAY IN THE LIFE

While Americans celebrated their American Revolution, as a Canadian, I was having the best time of my life living in Venice Beach, California in the Spirit of ´76. It was my first winter in the warm sun in my lifetime. The Times and Winds of Change were favourable toward me since this unexpected Day.

At that time, Venice Beach was the self-proclaimed, last bastion of Freedom in the un-United States. The idea was anyone was Free to do anything, as long as there was no harm done to others, or diminished their equal rights.

I had a Free place to stay 1/2 block from the Ocean. I got lunch and supper for washing dishes for $1/hour at Suzanne's Kitchen on the boardwalk. For setting up the tables and chairs on the patio of the Sea And Shore Restaurant at 7am, I got a full breakfast, and could sit on the patio talking with anyone and everyone, with free coffee until closing.

One Day, I decided to test how real the right of Freedom of Speech was practised in Venice? Sitting on a bench on the Boardwalk with my back to the ocean, I started to read from the Bible in a very loud voice. It seemed as though the Wind from the sea carried the words so that they reverberated among the buildings and along the Beach.

Watching the passersby, there were so many comments to the effect, ¨You can´t do that here. Go some place else.¨ People actually covered their ears, saying ¨Stop that! Stop that!” It was appearing more and more, many people don´t practice what they preach or believe in Freedom of Speech except for their own.

Continuing to read, someone came up to me sitting on the bench and cracked an egg on my head! I was temporarily stunned as the yoke dripped down my hair and face, onto my shirt and the Bible in my hands. How to react? Should I stand up in the anger and wrath of God? Should I condemn him to Hell?

It took a few seconds, but recovering, I stood up and said,

¨Have you never read these words in this Book? Learn of me, for I am meek and lowly. Take my yoke upon you, for my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Matthew 11:28-30

After that, others came and ministered to me.

As some of you have seen, I'm still dealing with that kind of attitude on this site these 41 years later.

Comments

Autumn Cote Added Sep 20, 2017 - 4:21pm
You have not written a qualifying comment in someone else's article in more than two days.  To continue using this site you must comment on the work of others more frequently than you currently do.
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 20, 2017 - 4:31pm
Actually, Autumn, I commented in 9-11-After-16-Years and replied to others in one of my articles Yesterday. On the 18th, I commented in 2 other writer's articles.

That's probably due to receiving fewer email notices of comments in other articles of late.
Autumn Cote Added Sep 20, 2017 - 4:38pm
A qualifying comment is one that's insightful, is two sentences or longer and was not in response to a commenter in one of your comment threads.  Within the last 48 hours, kindly direct me to a single comment that qualifies.
George N Romey Added Sep 20, 2017 - 4:52pm
I attend a non denomination church. I believe in some kind of supreme being and think there was a Jesus Christ but have doubts about his deity. Either way I think his teachings are to be lived by.

I've never have tried to force my beliefs on others. I don't presume to have the correct answers about spirituality. I'd rather people just live with the spirit and intentions of Jesus even if they think his story is a complete farce. We'd all be better for it.
Lady Sekhmetnakt Added Sep 20, 2017 - 5:10pm
It is certainly interesting that many people seem to believe that freedom of speech only goes to speech they agree with. I would like to think I'm better than that. I'm not a Christian but I have no problem with someone reading the Bible as long as they aren't trying to be condemning, or converting towards me. Live and let live, believe and let believe I say.
Dave Volek Added Sep 20, 2017 - 5:59pm
I would be one of those taking offense, Ray.

When one goes to a beach or a courthouse or symphony orchestra or a church, there are certain expectations of behavior.

I come to the beach because it relaxes me in a certain way. If I did not get this benefit, I wouldn't go. Other beach goers have similar expectations, and as long as we keep within certain norms, everyone gets to enjoy the beach.

You are using the beach to get an audience that doesn't want to hear you in the first place. Would you preach in a courthouse? If yes, should you be surprised that you get charged with contempt of court? Would you preach in symphony orchestra? If yes, should you be surprised that you end up in a courthouse?

Your freedom of speech does not give the right to take away my freedom to enjoy public property or public facilities--within accepted cultural norms.

If you want to preach at beach, get a permit from local authorities. If they won't give it to you, too bad!

Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 20, 2017 - 7:26pm
George, I appreciate your comment, and you wrote, "I believe in some kind of supreme being and think there was a Jesus Christ but have doubts about his deity"

How about your own deity if you reach for it?
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
Revelation 3

Jenifer, it really happens a lot among the people as you see, "It is certainly interesting that many people seem to believe that freedom of speech only goes to speech they agree with." It's getting worse with violent reactions to some speech.

Dave, totally unsurprising comment coming from you.

Obviously you didn't see the pictures of Venice Beach in the article.
The Beach is long and was way behind my back as I read from the Bible out loud. The people enjoying "the beach" probably didn't hear me.

The Boardwalk where I was facing had buskers, Shops, Bars, Restaurants blasting music, roller skaters, and so many others, all doing their thing in the Public Square.

You are so mentally rigid, you can't even see the opportunity given to me for the pun. And obviously you were too blind to see, "After that, others came and ministered to me." While not responsible, they were apologizing for the other fellow's behaviour, who could have been like you in your attitude.

You wrote, "Would you preach in a courthouse?" I've pursued 2 cases to the Supreme Court of CanaDa within a 1 year period, and both Times it was heard by the same 3 Justices of the 9 Justice Supreme Court. I preached to them the 2nd Time, and they got the message, with no repercussions to me.

The 1st Time they preached to me about Ernest Cormier, the member of my Family Tree who designed and built The Supreme Court of CanaDa.
Dave Volek Added Sep 20, 2017 - 9:37pm
Ray:

I stand corrected. But you could have told us that you were secluded enough to "do your own thing" on the beach without interfering with other's people enjoyment. But why the guy egged you probably needs some further enlightenment to this story.

I've had a few encounters with enthusiastic evangelists over the years. Your story--as you originally painted it--had put visions of you at the foot of my beach towel proselytizing to me.

I went to your Supreme Court story, and I'm finding it a little lacking in detail. The charges (as best as I can figure out what you were charged with) do not seem to be Supreme Court fodder. And you should have gone through a lengthy and costly legal process to get in front of the SC. In other words, having a cop give you a speeding ticket or knocking someone's teeth out in a bar fight do not grant you an audience with the nine judges. Your website provides very few details as to how you got there.

George N Romey Added Sep 20, 2017 - 9:51pm
I've never judged people's beliefs. Like I say I still have issues with the bible and don't believe all of it.I just know in my church all are welcome and we believe we should live as Jesus taught.
Maureen Foster Added Sep 21, 2017 - 9:51am
Just as important as freedom of speech is freedom from speech.  If I want to enjoy my breakfast on the boardwalk, I shouldn’t have to listen to you preach.  What if you had a loud speaker that drowned out all other noises, would you consider that legal?  I also question your right to use a public street for your preaching.  I would think you would need a permit or something.  Again, it all depends on how loud you are and how much you interfere with other’s rights to enjoy the boardwalk in peace.

Of course nobody should harm you for preaching.  If you become too much of a nuisance the authorities should be notified and you should be dealt within the rights of the law.

On a side note, the only thing I hate about religion is when others try to convince you to be religious.  Why can’t you people be content with your own beliefs, why must you always attempt to find new converts?  You may think you’re being selfless, I think you’re all very selfish.
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 21, 2017 - 12:11pm
Maureen, you wrote, "Why can’t you people be content with your own beliefs, why must you always attempt to find new converts?  You may think you’re being selfless, I think you’re all very selfish."  You think I was tying people down, forcing them to listen to me reading from the Bible as they were passing by?

This whole site hosts people who want to share their beliefs. It is you being selfish.
You probably IMAGINE a scene like this, Your story--as you originally painted it--had put visions of you at the foot of my beach towel proselytizing to me.  Get real!

Let me reiterate to you, as I did with Dave. I will not accept being barred from the Public Square because I have Faith in God and express it.

Everyone has freedom of thought. No one can force anyone to believe anything. Love that is forced is not Love.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 21, 2017 - 1:16pm
Ray

If people would not promote their faith but keep it to themselves, and don't mix it with any subject in life, it they would be taken less one-sided and more seriously and objective by the ones who aren't influenced by it. That way it reminds me of people who cite the Quran all the time.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 21, 2017 - 1:19pm
BTW: Means they are all the time reassuring their POV to an according saying in some scripture. Or the scripture tells them what to think.
Dave Volek Added Sep 21, 2017 - 2:42pm
Ray:
You painted yourself in your own corner on this one. Someone threw a raw egg on you on a beach while you were reading from the Bible. Without any other information, I had come to the conclusion that person had some justification for what he did. You annoyed him, just as you would have annoyed me. My response would have been to politely tell you to get lost, then go to the authorities.

Then you say that you were far away from the crowds and no one could really hear you. So then I ask: Why would someone walk all that way to egg you?  If you are not annoying anyone, that's a great and unusual effort for that perpetrator to make. Or maybe this person had a mental illness and would make a long walk to egg you for a silly reason. If so, this wouldn't be a case of religious persecution at all, right?

You provided a link to website about how you somehow encountered the Supreme Court of Canada. I went to it and found the story incomplete. I gave you an opportunity to provide more details. You didn't. So I'm free to come to my own conclusions about your encounter. And for that, you are going to claim religious persecution.

Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 21, 2017 - 2:55pm
"If people would not promote their faith but keep it to themselves, and don't mix it with any subject in life, it they would be taken less one-sided and more seriously and objective by the ones who aren't influenced by it."

Stone Eater, that is an absurd statement since with your attitude, you are just as one sided!
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 21, 2017 - 3:25pm
Dave, are you suffering from dyslexia? It seems you don't understand what is written.
No one threw an egg at me. That is fake false news you're propagating.
What is written is this, "Continuing to read, someone came up to me sitting on the bench and cracked an egg on my head!"

Obviously in your rush to judgment, you didn't even see this, "This would have been grounds for a mistrial. Judgment was reserved, but the Court would not hear the case.

You are free to come to your own conclusions any way you want whether they're based on facts or not, but I'll indulge you on this on the Appeal process.

1st Court of Appearance - Provincial Court.
2nd Court of Appearance - Provincial Superior Court
3rd Court of Appeal - Provincial Appeal Court
Finally, The Supreme Court of CanaDa.

I initiated the Appeals without the expense of a Lawyer. I learned how to do the paperwork myself, so there was no great cost other than Time.

The 1st appearance at the Supreme Court is called 'Leave to Appeal.'
The 9 Justices are broken up into 3 Courts of 3 Justices to hear all requests for Appeal.
At that hearing, there are only 2 outcomes. The request for a hearing can be dismissed on the spot, or the Justices can "Reserve Judgment"
That means they'll talk it over with the other 6 Justices and let you know. They 'Reserved Judgment' at both my Leave to Appeal appearances.

Even though I included the Supreme Court ruling no one can be charged with 'shouting, causing a disturbance' unless they practically cause a riot, with the documentation submitted to the Court, they would not hear the case. Like the US Supreme Court, they don't have to explain why they will hear one case, but not another.

Dave Volek Added Sep 21, 2017 - 4:38pm
Ray

Whether the egg was thrown or smashed on your head is a moot point. You were assaulted and there seems to be only two reasons for this:
1) The perpetrator took offence to your preaching--and you were not far enough away for the crowd not to hear you , or
2) The perpetrator had some kind of mental illness--and you were just a random victim.
There may be other reasons, but I cannot see them with the facts I currently have.
----
Your website article left me with the impression you had an actual hearing with the Supreme Court, even having some interesting dialogue with the Justices. Maybe had you mentioned that you only made it to the first stage of the SC process and lost at that point, your article would be more forthcoming.  But by leaving these details out, it makes it seem you went further than you did and actually won your case.

---
I also went to a couple of your monthly articles. I could not tell whether you had actual written them or borrowed them from some one else. There seems to be a reference to someone else, but again this is so couched that it seems you had written the article--and put this other person's name in in case you were called for plagerizing.
------------

Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 21, 2017 - 5:27pm
Dave, what's the matter with your reading and understanding  that it was repeated twice and you still didn't get it?

The article says this expressly, and repeated in a reply comment to you. "Judgment was reserved, but the Court would not hear the case."

This is ridiculous, "And you still haven't brought up the reason for your visit in the Supreme Court--other than some reference to religion in a public place."

This is expressly written in the article;

On Remembrance Day, 1985, in the presence of  The Governor-General of Canada, The Prime Minister and other government Leaders, the Military, the Ambassadors of the Nations, and 25,000 People, Cormier added the Spirit of these words after the moment of silence,  and after all the institutional religions prayed to God there should be no more war.
During the silence as the wreaths were laid, everybody in person heard these deliberately slow spoken words:

“Hear O people and Nations, even to the ends of the Earth, the Word of the LORD God, who is, and was, and is to come, The Almighty.
The LORD has a controversy with the people.
Do you do well to honour the dead, and yet, deny the God of the Living?

Why do you follow the vain traditions of men, and make of no effect, the Principles of God?
You come here for one hour, one day a year, in a great show of Public Patriotism, and then forgetting, go back to work and make the same careless mistakes made by the generations prior to the 1st and 2nd World Wars.

Hitler is dead, but it’s his legacy that remains. target="_blank">target="_blank">A Soviet-American military-industrial complex consuming $trillions of dollars every year, holding the entire World hostage…………”

“Hostage” was the last word said perched on a bus shelter roof, as police got up and grabbed his megaphone.
He was arrested for shouting, causing a disturbance, convicted and fined $250. He appealed without a lawyer to target="_blank">target="_blank">The Supreme Court of Canada.

Learn how to read without your bias. Until you can accurately digest what you read, it's pointless having a dialogue with you. Have a good Day!
john guzlowski Added Sep 21, 2017 - 8:39pm
I live in Lynchburg, VA, THE HOME OF Liberty University, the largest Christian university in the world.  I am inundated every day by Christianity.  Signs everywhere, ads on TV, articles all over the paper, people asking me to join their churches.

Where's my freedom?  Don't I have the right not to listen to all of this?
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 21, 2017 - 9:27pm
john, you are Free to think what you want to think.

We know in this world there are people who smile to your face, ready to stab you in the back at the 1st opportunity.

It's not that which goes into the mouth that defiles a man; but that which comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.
Matthew 15

There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
Luke 7
Ari Silverstein Added Sep 22, 2017 - 10:31am
Your article is fascinating on two levels.

1) I’ve never actually taken the time to speak to one of those people that preaches bible stuff in the public square.  While I think you’re crazy, it’s a pleasure to meet you.

2) Just how legal should it be to preach in the public square?  Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for freedom of speech and if you weren’t using a “very loud voice” I would think it’s perfectly OK.  However, you were using “a very loud voice” and that just doesn’t seem fair to the rest of us.  What if you brought electronic amplifying devices and your voice drowned out all other noises, certainly that’s not legal or do you think would be?   Just how loud can you be before the authorities have the right to remove you from the public square?
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 22, 2017 - 10:55am
The Boardwalk where I was facing had buskers, Shops, Bars, Restaurants, blasting music, roller skaters, and so many others, all doing their thing in the Public Square.

There was a real competition to be heard. I had only my voice. If it sounded amplified, God did it!

Obviously my voice was amplified on this Day, a year after the Venice Beach, California incident, as it appeared in my now deleted Biography in Wikipedia:
In the fall of 1977, the target="_blank" rel="noopener">Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) prevented Cormier from getting too close to Trudeau at the Member’s entrance to the House of Commons, making him shout from across the road.

After several attempts at first contact, he wrote the first letter, and went to deliver it to Trudeau returning from his routine daily lunch at target="_blank" rel="noopener">24 Sussex.
As his limousine pulled away, Cormier shouted in a booming voice from across the road, “Prime Minister! I have some information for you, Sir. Will you accept it, please?”

The Prime Minister froze in his footsteps before getting to the door of the House. Try as he could, he could not move until he was helped by his aides.

The RCMP picked Cormier up for the first time, asking if he would answer some questions at VIP Security Headquarters on the grounds of target="_blank" rel="noopener">Rideau Hall where he signed the guest book reporting target="_blank" rel="noopener">New Jerusalem as his home city the day he arrived in Ottawa September 1, 1977.

Asking what was in the letter, the RCMP were told it was not addressed to them. In transit in the back seat of the police car, he called out to a friend walking on the street. He doesn’t know what the cop saw, but Cormier claims he said a curious thing, “With friends like that, you don’t have to worry about enemies.”

Returning to target="_blank" rel="noopener">Parliament Hill to deliver the letter days later, reaching the top step before the target="_blank" rel="noopener">Peace Tower, Trudeau’s limo was just passing by. He could have got into the House of commons before I got there.

Stopping his limousine in the middle of the road, the Prime Minister got out, and came over to him for a first contact meeting and accepted the letter. From that time he could hand him letters Face to Face entering or leaving the House of Commons.

At the next meeting, PM Trudeau, having the reputation of being a devout Catholic, said to him, “You only want to talk to me about God. Use your mind.”

Cormier knew it wasn’t going to be easy, but 4 years later, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms was introduced, LEGALLY acknowledging the Supremacy of God in the preamble.

Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 22, 2017 - 11:18am
Ray

I say:

"If people would not promote their faith but keep it to themselves, and don't mix it with any subject in life, they would be taken less one-sided and more seriously and objective by the ones who aren't influenced by it."

You reply:

Would you mind explain that further ?

Dave Volek Added Sep 22, 2017 - 12:07pm
Ray

I stand corrected. I did not read the webpage fully. For some reason, I thought there were two unconnected stories to that webpage: (1) your preaching at a public event, and (2) your trek to the Supreme Court. I couldn't see the connection between the two parts of the story.

As you have told the story, I would say the authorities were justified in shutting you down and fining you. You were not an official part of the agenda of that event. If everyone has free reign to "perform" at that event, then a lot of people would use the opportunity to spout off whatever (with or without a megaphone) they felt the crowd needed to hear.

Carole McKee Added Sep 22, 2017 - 2:31pm
Speech of any kind should be exercised in an appropriate way and in an appropriate place. And common sense should always be employed. Why would you sit on a bench and read, very loudly, passages from the bible? What was the purpose? If it was simply to annoy people, I guess you achieved that. But it's senseless to do anything just to see how people react.

Freedom of speech has its limitations. You can't yell "fire!" in a movie theater. That could be dangerous. People can't use 'Freedom of Speech' to get away with their behavior all the time.
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 22, 2017 - 3:20pm
Fortunately other people donated money to pay the fine. That was a one time necessity with no need for it to be repeated. What I was moved to say in the brief Time I expected I would have before being arrested stands on it's own merits.

My Lord was crucified for violently overturning the bankers and merchants working out of the Jewish Temple.

I really don't give a damn if some of you don't approve!!!
Carole McKee Added Sep 22, 2017 - 3:32pm
Your Lord is my Lord, too. If it came down to defending him, I would. But to do something just prove a point? No.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 22, 2017 - 3:38pm

They can. Otherwise it's censorship. People should be mature enough to decide for themselves. If not, something in that society is wrong....
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 22, 2017 - 3:41pm
Ray

Ok. You know your job then. Get the MIC, IMF, World Bank, the FED and Wall Street out or order. THEN you have done a job for Jesus. Because Jesus was essentually (apparently) a socialist.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Sep 22, 2017 - 3:42pm
BTW: Praying doesn't help. Because the bankers know that LOL
Carole McKee Added Sep 22, 2017 - 3:44pm
Stone-Easter: I may have said that backwards. It may make more sense to you if I had said "People can't exercise a behavior (to anger, annoy, upset, or harm) and then say they are exercising their right to free speech." People should think and censor themselves. Why would anyone do something or say something so pointless if it really disturbs someone else?
Dave Volek Added Sep 22, 2017 - 4:31pm
Ray

I went back again to your Supreme Court webpage, and I found out why I had come to my conclusion.

In the middle of this webpage, there are two graphics plus a new heading. This gives the impression of another story, which is starting after these three components.

When I read the start of the second part CAREFULLY, I can see the transition between the two parts is not very good. When I engaged with my QUICK reading, the poor transition plus the graphical separation tricked my brain into thinking there were two distinct stories.

You may still fault me as a bad reader if you want. But a good writer tries to anticipate where the reader will stumble. The good writer fixes these obstacles before he gives this work to the reader.

This means the writer has to put a great effort upfront to make the writing smooth. An average reader can quickly go through the story and gain full comprehension with few unanswered questions.

If the writer does not put up this upfront effort, the reader has to do a lot more work. Some readers will not bother reading; other readers will make mistakes in comprehension (like me). And very few readers will slow down for not-so-well writing to get right message.

In other words, I think an article like your supreme court story could have been crafted for a two-minute read for an average reader. That reader would have gained almost full comprehension.  Whether that reader agreed with you or not is irrelevant. But if you insist that your readers must spend 15 minutes to decipher the intent of your work, well, you won't have many readers.

Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 22, 2017 - 5:10pm
Dave, what you call 'graphics' are the newspaper reports of the incident and a picture of the Supreme Court of CanaDa.
With all the evidence, and the setting, the incident was much more than what you described, "And you still haven't brought up the reason for your visit in the Supreme Court--other than some reference to religion in a public place."

For those who didn't notice the active links upstream and don't know what you're talking about, this is the article: THE DECLARATION
Dave Volek Added Sep 22, 2017 - 5:48pm
Ray:

Again a moot point. There were two pictures, graphics, banners, JPGs, GIFS, (whatever you want to call them) and a heading that clearly divide the layout into two distinct parts from a visual perspective. This caused my brain to think there were two different stories to this webpage.

The beginning of the second part does not segway (another word for transition) from the end of the first part. This reinforced to my brain that there were indeed two different stories.

You can blame me for not taking 15 minutes to read your story more carefully. But a story like that should only require a 2-minute read----if the writer does a good job of writing.

It's up to you to decide the quality of writing you want to put forth to the world. But don't expect too many readers if you take the lazy way.

And for my important work, I hire an editor. She is very good at telling me when I need to clarify sentences, paragraphs, and general facts. She is making me a better writer. I think you need an editor.
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 22, 2017 - 8:19pm
Dave, if you need 15 minutes to figure out what an article that takes less than 5 minutes to read is saying, you need more than an editor.

The article, written in 2011, starts off with this, 'It is now 26 years since the global political atmospheres of the time were so poisoned, it appeared the US and the Soviets were heading for a clash for the 1st time since the Cuban Missile crisis. They were shouting at each other in Public, and the rhetoric was escalating!

Reminiscent of what's happening TODAY between the US, Russia and North Korea.
Ari Silverstein Added Sep 23, 2017 - 4:00pm
There is no comparison between someone preaching bible stuff at the top of their lungs to someone roller blading. The fact you would think the two of your are similarly disruptive to others is more evidence of how crazy you are. As for the rest of your reply to me, I have no idea what you're talking about except to say God doesn't care about our politics. It makes me wonder just how much you know about faith the way you mix politics into your preaching.
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 23, 2017 - 6:09pm
Ari, you are free to entertain whatever thoughts you want? Writing "God doesn't care about our politics" is your own delusion.

The following is from the Judaic tradition;
The Kings of Israel and Judah were holding a Summit meeting to discuss going to war against an enemy. All the prophets of God in the land of Israel were summoned to tell the Kings the word of the Lord, if God was with them or not?
All four hundred prophets were of one voice. ´God is with you. Go to war.´
The visiting King asked the King of Israel if these were all the prophets of God in Israel? The King said, ´there is one more, but I don´t like him. He always prophesies against me.´

Guards were sent to get Micaiah to appear before the Kings. He was told the other prophets advised the Kings ´God will be with them in battle. Don´t rock the boat, and just go along with the others.´
At first, Micaiah did go along with the other prophets, saying ´go up to war.´
The King then said, how many times have I adjured you to tell me only the Truth?

That solitary man then said, ´I saw the Lord asking his Heavenly Host, who will entice the King of Israel to come up to battle so he may die? And one said this, and another said that, and another said, ´I will put a lying spirit in the mouth of all the prophets of Israel.´ The Lord God of Israel said, ¨Do it!¨

Naturally, one of the other prophets struck Micaiah across the face. The Kings ignored him, and went to war on the advice of the four hundred.

The King of Israel died in the battle that night even though he divested of his royal robes and chariot and was dressed incognito as an ordinary soldier.

Before the Battle, the king ordered “Place this one in prison, and feed him a scant amount of bread and a scant amount of water until I come back in peace. ”
Micaiah said: “If you will return in peace, the Lord did not speak to me.” And he said, “All the nations listen.”
target="_blank">1 Kings 22 & target="_blank">2 Chronicles 18

There is no other mention of Micaiah in the Bible, other than that one Day, one scene and situation in his life.
“All the nations listen.” is for these Days.

Recent Articles by Writers Ray Joseph Cormier follows.