I HAD A DREAM

At the edge of a deep cliff overlooking the Turcot train yards of Montreal, I had an unobstructed view of the mighty St. Lawrence River, to the farthest extension of the horizon south to the US of A.

Suddenly, the the old 2 story building collapsed into a pile of rubble, as the earth shook violently. Climbing out and shaking the dust off, toward the northern view, I could see the real park across St. Jacques Street, and the high rise buildings in the distance, on the higher cliffs of Notre Dame de Grace swaying back and forth.

A Rolls Royce was parked in the street in front of the rubble that used to be my apartment. Getting in and turning on the radio, the only thing coming over all radio bands was, “You have to go to him. He wants you.”

Thinking that was the person I thought of as my best friend on earth at the time, I drove over to a fabulous dream apartment, not his real life one, having a commanding view of the entire City of Montreal.

“Frank! What’s Happening,” I asked, arriving at this amazing dream apartment.

“It looks like the end of the world to me,” he said. Asking “what do you think we should do?” he said, “If it is the end of the world there isn’t anything we can do about it, so let’s relax and enjoy. If it isn’t the end of the world, lets relax and enjoy anyway.”

He put on a long playing vinyl album on a sound system looking in 1973, like the kind today’s professionals use. The needle got stuck in the groove, and over and over again it played, “You can’t stay here. You have to go to him. He wants you.

Stunned on hearing that, and backing away from the grand sunken living room, I backed into a tree standing in a corner of the room. The branches of the tree embraced me saying, “You can’t stay here. You have to go to him. He wants you.”

Not knowing who or where he was, I was running on St.Catherine Street as it was in those days. People were running in a panic, and I was running in a panic like everyone else.

Bumping into somebody, I fell down and got up. Dodging things falling from the sky, I would stumble and fall. Getting up, I ran and climbed over collapsed rubble, falling and getting up again.

The obstacles seemed endless. Eventually from shear exhaustion, I collapsed and gave up. I couldn’t run any more.

At that point, the sky parted, and just a hand came down out of the sky, and picked me up. I woke up being lifted up in the palm of the hand.

Maybe I was a slow learner to put 2 + 2 together, but it took two more years after that dream before I came alive to God or God came alive to me on February 1, 1975  as I was turning 30. That Day was as unexpected and as powerful an experience to me personally, as I imagine was the conversion of Saul on the Road To Damascus.

The hand has been there for me time and time again since then.

Had A Dream

Comments

Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 25, 2017 - 2:40pm
I just want to assure every reader, what I wrote above is the Truth, the Whole Truth, and nothing but the Truth, with no exaggerations or embellishment.

I tried to write it in a way to convey a sense of being there. And also to say that hand is there for all God's Children. It's just so fundamental. Once one experiences God's Goodness, you want other people to know it exists.
Riley Brown Added Sep 25, 2017 - 10:02pm
Pray tell, what was your dream, and what did it mean to you?

How will you be changing your life now that you had this dream?
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 25, 2017 - 10:29pm
Hi Riley. Did you read the article?
The article is the telling of the dream from 42 years ago.

Your "Pray tell, what was your dream,"makes me wonder if you're Dave with a new Avatar, asking the same type of question he did over and over again, in the discussion of A DAY IN THE LIFE.

I believe you're new here. Did you know By clicking on anyone's name, every comment made by everyone on this site, in every article, is recorded for examination?

My 1st comment says what it means to me.
And also to say that hand is there for all God's Children.
You have to read the article to know what the Hand is about.
Bill Caciene Added Sep 25, 2017 - 11:21pm
If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.  Seriously, what’s the point of sharing that dream with this community?  Do you really think people will believe God talked to you?  Do you believe God talked to you or were you dreaming he did?

If you haven't noticed, the people here aren't bible thumpers.  The sharing of this dream seems better suited for your next Church function.
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 26, 2017 - 12:11am
Bill, the article clearly states it was a Dream.
Two people liked it. Most probably, out of the 87 people who came to this article at this point, a few more saw and liked the message, even if they didn't comment or press the 'like' button. That's reason enough to share the Dream. Obviously you haven't noticed, but there are others on this site, a minority to be sure, that have shared their Faith commenting in other articles I've posted.

I have noticed the Atheists get really upset with anyone expressing Faith in The Eternal. I'm a big boy, and I can speak for myself.

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Hebrews 4
Tikno Added Sep 26, 2017 - 12:14pm
Your testimony may be fit to the believer. I do believe that there is miracle beyond logic.
Riley Brown Added Sep 26, 2017 - 9:16pm
Ray, I was hoping there might be a greater message than simple proselytizing, but apparently not.

I am sure you are much holier than I every will be and will not insult you again by asking you to explain things to me that should probably be discussed with people who are as equally religious as you are.

I probably lack the context to fully understand and appreciate your feelings anyway.
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Sep 26, 2017 - 11:12pm
Riley, this article reporting on 1 night in my Life starts this way,
"The year 1973 was significant to me for two reasons; the 1973 oil crisis, and a particularly vivid and powerful dream I remembered on waking. It had threads of reality weaved within it, as there was a blast of a good time, jam packed, all inclusive party in the actual apartment I was living in at the time."

But don't put yourself down. Let me assure you, in my own mind, I know I fall far short of being anything like this:
Definition of holy
1: exalted or worthy of complete devotion as one perfect in goodness and righteousness

Although in my Life experience, at the 1976 Republican National Convention in Kansas City, the Secret Service called me out of the compressed crown of Republicans in the Lobby of The Crown Centre Hotel for questioning. The crowd was looking up to the Podium of the President on the SS restricted Mezzanine expecting the President to be standing there any minute.
To my wonder and surprise, instead of questioning me in some anteroom, the Secret Service led me to the Podium of the President and questioned me in view of the thousands of Republicans below, and the 3 TV Networks broadcasting live.

To my even greater surprise, after asking me a dozen questions standing face to face, the SS Agent looking me straight in the eye,  then asked, "Are you Jesus Christ?"

Having no illusions about that then or now, immediately answered No! The next question was equally surprising, "Who are you then? A Prophet?

Your comment, as facetious as it is, most probably, you are not really interested in asking any genuine questions to know or understand anything, but if the additional information provided here sparks any interest at all, you will learn more in the article SIGNS OF THE TIMES.

Don Added Oct 11, 2017 - 8:30pm
Jesus replied, "You are blessed, Simon son of John, because my Father in heaven has revealed this to you. You did not learn this from any human being.”

“The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.”

At that same time Jesus was filled with the joy of the Holy Spirit, and he said, "O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever, and for revealing them to the childlike. Yes, Father, it pleased you to do it this way.”
(Matt 16"17; 1 Cor 2:14; Luke 10:21)

RJ you have been at writing your sort of thing here a lot longer than I. I can already see it is not easy. I admire you. But I do have another two blogs and I am use to getting roughed up.
Ray Joseph Cormier Added Oct 11, 2017 - 8:48pm
I was quite surprised, Don, when I first started discussing online so many years ago, having no hesitation in confessing my Faith, to get such disparaging comments and put downs for believing in God.

I've learned to deal with that, and can handle it without resorting to attacking in return.

Recent Articles by Writers Ray Joseph Cormier follows.