Dr. Seuss the Racist! Claims Librarian After Melania Trump Donates Books

If you had any doubts that the Left in America hasn't gone off the deep end yet, this story should erase all doubt.

Funny how former First Lady Michelle Obama used to read Dr. Seuss at her library appearances and there was never a complaint then.  The article prompted me to write the following letter to school district Superintendent regarding this "Self-Proclaimed Progressive Librarian":

Dear Dr. Salim:

I would like to know what - if any - action will be taken regarding the blatantly disrespectful, obnoxious, condescending, intolerant, vitriolic, hate-filled "Librarian with a Post Graduate Degree" on your staff.  If a similar letter was written after a charitable donation by former First Lady Michelle Obama (who often read Dr. Seuss books to children) I have no doubt the offender would have been fired within the hour.

I would suggest sending Ms Soeiro a Letter of Dismissal, but send it via "Second Day Mail" along with a copy of "Das Kapital" to help soften the blow.

Sincerely,
Michael G Haluska, PE
Crown Point, IN

Comments

John G Added Sep 29, 2017 - 6:40pm
white trash Added Sep 29, 2017 - 6:42pm
Mike.
The entire USA school system has been taken over by these social engineers.
That is why College students today are so screwed up. American tradition is evil because it came from slavery, and the White man is evil because he stole the land from Indians and made black men work it!
That is their truth, and the pink pussy's will make sure it gets changed!
Dino Manalis Added Sep 29, 2017 - 7:22pm
Instead of thanking the First Lady, the librarian went on a political rampage!  How barbaric and childish!
Thomas Napers Added Sep 30, 2017 - 3:40am
Because Melania encountered one crazy librarian doesn’t mean all librarians are crazy or of the Left.  You proved this out by mentioning the fact Michelle Obama wasn’t treated similarly.  And unless Michelle Obama read Dr. Seuss at the same library, you haven’t even presented evidence of hypocrisy.
Jeff Michka Added Sep 30, 2017 - 6:31pm
John G notes;  Only a hate filled nutter culture warrior like you would see this woman's comment as being indicative of 'the left'.-but remember the source is HaHaHaluska (the joke ALWAYS being on him), so what else can he say?  But you're wrong, Tommy Napers!!  Because Melania encountered one crazy librarian doesn’t mean all librarians are crazy or of the Left.-If Mikey says all librarians are crazy and leftists, then they must be, right?
Bill H. Added Sep 30, 2017 - 9:41pm
Not only that, but since Haluska got the article off of Fox News, it must be totally accurate and an undeniable indication that the dreaded Left Wing Commie Progressives are just one short step from destroying the Earth.
After all, if the "Left" were at any time to be Right, it must be Fake News, right?
Flying Junior Added Oct 1, 2017 - 1:42am
Obviously this librarian had a vendetta against the Trumps and overplayed her hand in a ridiculous way.  There is no reason to demonize Melania or even insult her.

Cat in the Hat?  Minstrel shows?  Laughable.  Now Heckle and Jeckle... crows?  A little bit racist by today's standards.

I actually have had the privilege at looking at some of the comics drawn by Ted Geisel in the 1950s before his runaway success with the Dr. Seuss series.  Although the comics were very political in nature, they came from a progressive space.  Maybe one of you can find this book.  No racism there.  But the same goofy, nascent approach to cartooning and drawing.
wsucram15 Added Oct 1, 2017 - 10:06am
Mike..is this even true?  I didnt look it up but I almost hate to look stuff up with you becuase its always untrue or refuted story lines.  If the first lady did something objectionable..she didnt know.
If she didn't and read or gifted  a children's book, the librarian is an idiot and should be treated as such.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Oct 2, 2017 - 1:20am
Its true Jeanne. Just looking at the alleged teacher one can surmise the fact that there is a very attractive well traveled speaker of multiple languages as FLOTUS triggers her in some significant way.
Mike Haluska Added Oct 2, 2017 - 9:47am
Bill H and wsucram:

Before you post something, maybe you should check it out for yourselves.  When wsucram posts -

"I didnt look it up but I almost hate to look stuff up with you becuase its always untrue or refuted story lines."

is quite revealing.  I have challenged you repeatedly to back up your allegations that my statements are not factual.  Of course, you never accept - if we were both on a debate stage you would extremely foolish just standing there and never responding rationally.

Just how do you come to your conclusion that my "stuff" is always untrue?  Especially when you admit you never bother to check for yourself?  Is this how your mental process works:

"If I don't like what I just read, it must be false."

Mike Haluska Added Oct 2, 2017 - 9:58am
Thomas - your statements:

"You proved this out by mentioning the fact Michelle Obama wasn’t treated similarly.  And unless Michelle Obama read Dr. Seuss at the same library, you haven’t even presented evidence of hypocrisy."

"Because Melania encountered one crazy librarian doesn’t mean all librarians are crazy or of the Left."

don't hold water.  First of all, neither Mrs. Trump or Mrs. Obama were at this particular library.  Second, if a person criticizes Mrs. Trump for recommending/reading Dr. Seuss and ignores Mrs. Obama for doing the same thing - that's HYPOCRISY!

Please show me where I stated that "all librarians are crazy or of the Left".  This particular librarian is admittedly on the Left (read her website bio) and I used her actions as representative of how far off the deep end the Left (NOT all librarians) have gone.

Explaining plain English to some of our readers is getting tiresome.  I have no problem responding to what I write, I tire of correcting poor interpretations and substitutions for what I write.

Kerem Oner Added Oct 2, 2017 - 9:58am
John G, only a reality-rejecting, intellectually vacuous and dishonest counter-culture warring leftist would think this librarian is not representative of the left today!
Mike Haluska Added Oct 2, 2017 - 10:00am
Correction - First line in above post should read:

"Thomas and Jeff M - your statements:
Kerem Oner Added Oct 2, 2017 - 10:01am
Thomas Napers, did you expect the lefty to criticize Michelle Obama?  Heck, even the same librarian celebrated Dr. Seuss just two years ago.  You miss the point completely.  This is not about Dr. Seuss.  It is about TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome).  You really must either be a political novice or a blinded ideologue not to see that.
Kerem Oner Added Oct 2, 2017 - 10:03am
Bill H.............what a waste of space.  Trying to outdo John G in the race to intellectual irrelevance?
Kerem Oner Added Oct 2, 2017 - 10:05am
wsucram15 what are you?  An amoeba?  How could any living, breathing person miss this?  It was all over the msm!  God, what is this with intellectual morons?
Bill H. Added Oct 2, 2017 - 10:53am

The point of this article is......?
wsucram15 Added Oct 2, 2017 - 11:22am
Becuase I usually do look it up Mike and have shown you at least 5 or 6 times that we discussed things that your data is either refuted, incorrect or unsubstantiated.
Now Fox has a slant, but I gave you the benefit of doubt on that one.
Cant you just be happy with that..I agreed with you
wsucram15 Added Oct 2, 2017 - 11:46am
Kareem..Welcome Back to WB.
You are slightly judgemental.  I dont read MSM and do not ALWAYS view the news. I am busy from time to time, tomorrow I will be in DC and will not be paying attention to the news, again.
I was having a discussion with Mike who I do interact with on a regular basis, whether we agree or not.
Have a Good Day.
Mike Haluska Added Oct 2, 2017 - 11:47am
wsucram
P-L-E-A-S-E show me the 5 or 6 items that you claim I was refuted, incorrect or unsubstantiated.  If you went to court and told the judge "I have 5 or 6 items bla, bla, bla" do you think the Judge will just take your word for it?

Show me the items and how I was wrong and I will apologize.  Now watch - you won't produce the list and still claim it exists!!!
Mike Haluska Added Oct 2, 2017 - 12:00pm
Bill H -

The point of this article is self-evident in the Title, but I will elaborate for your sake.  There are a group of people that identify themselves as the "Left".  I have no idea if you claim to be part of the group.  This article is yet another example of not only the blanket intolerance, disrespect and hatred of President Trump by the Left, but an example of their hypocrisy.

By hypocrisy I mean both their betrayal of their supposed beliefs of tolerance, compassion, equality, justice, advocacy of free speech as demonstrated by their actions that portray the exact opposite.  It is the hypocrisy that pisses me off far more than their actions.  People have every right to feel however they wish about the President - they don't have the right to disrupt, harm, restrain, cause damage, threaten and those who disagree with them.  To try and silence the opposition while calling them out as "NAZI's", "Fascists", etc. is beneath contempt.

The only thing that appears to upset you is President Trump calling them out for their hypocrisy - not the fact that they are hypocrites.
wsucram15 Added Oct 2, 2017 - 12:24pm
Mike
Off the top of my head, Trump to begin with and his history, even you conceded that but felt he was better than Clinton
The LA times Article which was false accounting of a story they wrote..according to them.
NASA on climate change, that was a big one like 2 years ago.

Give me time..I will remember them.

Mike Haluska Added Oct 2, 2017 - 12:34pm
wsucram -
Let me know when you have something tangible.  If it's merely my opinion, then by definition not a "fact".
wsucram15 Added Oct 2, 2017 - 12:39pm
No you presented those as sources, dso your supporting data, NASA and LA TIMES, you even argued those with me.  Bill and someone else backed me up ont his, but I dont know why, I gave you links.
Mike,  I agreed with you on this one...which is rare.  I dont use google for research and I dont feel Fox is a credible source. You wont see me quoting MSNBC..
Jeeze...your still bitching.  LOL
Kerem Oner Added Oct 2, 2017 - 12:49pm
Bill H, if you are so dumb as to not get the point of the article, you must be a card carrying Dumbocrat!  Try looking up 'hypocrisy'
Bill H. Added Oct 2, 2017 - 3:46pm
Haluska - I suspect this is part of the joy you get from constantly throwing gasoline into this labeling and categorizing fetish you have. The only outcome is to create more separation and conflict out here on WB. But of course since you are a Trump supporter, this is exactly what he loves also!
You will probably enjoy all of the political finger-pointing and blaming that is going to be coming from both "sides" due to the massacre in Las Vegas. Sadly, it will only result in even more whining and division, rather than giving something to people on both "sides" to unite and become concerned about.
Oner - Do you have anything constructive to say?
What are you? A Parrot? awwwwwwwwk!
John G Added Oct 2, 2017 - 6:16pm
Kerem Oner.
I doubt that you've ever met a leftist and probably don't know what it means anyway.
That's a common trait of the fascist right.
They hate socialism but haven't a clue of what it actually means.
John G Added Oct 2, 2017 - 6:18pm
Kerem Oner Added Oct 3, 2017 - 8:21am

John G, I was meeting true socialists in Europe and the usual Fabian progressives here when you were probably in diapers.  You dumbed down products of the failed American school system need to learn the meaning of words like fascist before making asses of yourselves.  Calling everyone a fascist shows you and your ilk for the intellectual midgets that yiu are.  Go get an education!
Mike Haluska Added Oct 3, 2017 - 10:32am
John G - your allegation:

"Haluska, your 'arguments' get repeatedly knocked over and trashed here but you either skate over it, change the subject or disappear."

mandates a response.  What is interesting is that WITHOUT FAIL when I ask for a single example that was "refuted", all I get is what insults and name calling.  So - even though I know you're intellectual incapable of accomplishing it:

Name one argument or fact I wrote that you were able to refute - and just calling them "wrong or stupid" isn't a refute!!!
Mike Haluska Added Oct 3, 2017 - 10:36am
Bill H - your comment:

"You will probably enjoy all of the political finger-pointing and blaming that is going to be coming from both "sides" due to the massacre in Las Vegas."

merits a response.  The only person that I will "point a finger at" for being responsible for this atrocity is the man who pulled the trigger.  I have made no posts of a political nature on this so please refrain from accusing me of something I haven't done.  Unlike Hillary Clinton, who waited all of 25 seconds to condemn the NRA for this heinous act.

Kerem Oner Added Oct 3, 2017 - 10:37am
Mike Haluska, you surely must know the modus operandi of these Fabian progressive, statist intellectual midgets by now!
Mike Haluska Added Oct 3, 2017 - 2:11pm
Kerem - thanks for the post.  I know them well enough to distinguish between the confused/gullible and the actual frauds.  Then there are the truly dangerous ones - those who know they are lying, continue to lie and have become so comfortable lying that they actually believe that if they utter something it gains credibility just because they said it!
Micahel Dolan Added Oct 4, 2017 - 11:10am
The Leftist agitators lack the integrity of common decency.They are always correct- they refuse to accept the obvious failure of progressive politics even when they see the failures of progressive failed socialist-agenda.

Under the Obama 8 years of leadership gave us 13 Muslim terrorist attacks in our states-Obama scolded the people who told the truth on who did these acts of terror.

The girlfriend of the terrorist in Vegas went to the Philippines and- 100thousand$$ was sent to the Philippines where Isis terrorist are in the Philippines. So the shooter sends money to an infested anti America group.**Wake UP**
Mike Haluska Added Oct 4, 2017 - 1:09pm
Micahel -  great post!  We have to remember that the Left doesn't evaluate its "programs" based on actual results - only "intentions" matter!!!  They supposedly built the Welfare State to "help poor people" but don't care that it has actually turned into a "votes for freebies" modern day version of the Old South Plantation.
john guzlowski Added Oct 4, 2017 - 1:47pm
The Right?

I guess you mean Trump smiling and throwing paper towels to the Puerto Ricans who have survived the hurricane and the flood that followed.

And Fox reporting that this shows his concern for the suffering islanders.

Gregory S. McNeill Added Oct 4, 2017 - 2:23pm
Mike, you are wrong. Dr. Seuss was a racist. Michelle Obama isn't 1st Lady anymore, Melania Trump is the 1st Lady!! Here are Dr. Seuss' pre-Cat In The Hat material!

View image on Twitter

What planet are you on Mike? I feel sorry for you.

Kerem Oner Added Oct 4, 2017 - 2:26pm
Gregory, the hypocrisy is lost on you, isn't it?
Gregory S. McNeill Added Oct 4, 2017 - 2:45pm
No Kerem. As I have told you in the past, you need to read American history!!! That isn't hypocrisy, it is a fact!
Kerem Oner Added Oct 4, 2017 - 3:34pm
Funny, the former African American first lady or the librarian in question reading and celebrating Dr. Seuss while criticizing the current first lady is not hypocrisy?  Really?  FYI I know American history better than Americans as I have been studying it for over 40 years since i came here.
John G Added Oct 4, 2017 - 6:31pm
KO: John G, I was meeting true socialists in Europe and the usual Fabian progressives here when you were probably in diapers.
You are over 80 years old?
I'm not American, clown. And I know full well the meaning of the word fascist.
I don't call everyone a fascist, just the fascists. Your comments give you away.
Gregory S. McNeill Added Oct 4, 2017 - 8:53pm
As I have stated Kerem, we are discussing Mrs. Trump, not Mrs. Obama!! I suggest you really read American history. Are you forgetting that you are a person of color and Trump's rhetoric affects you too? You are someone Kerem who forgets that you are a person of color like me and people like Trump and his ilk hate you because you are different!
Tubularsock Added Oct 5, 2017 - 1:45am
Mike, relax. The ONLY real issue with Dr. Seuss is that every night before Donald’s “tweet-feast” Melania reads him a story from the good old Doctor and then he is inspired to tweet his total bull shit.

You know The Cat In The Hat vs. North Korea or Red Fish, Blue Fish, Dumb Fish, Trump Fish.

It would be a good idea to review the Doctor’s full reading list. Many children like Donnie take them to heart and may cause trauma in underdeveloped minds. Only time will tell!
Kerem Oner Added Oct 5, 2017 - 8:38am
LOL the intellectual midgets are on parade here i see.

John G.:
No one does not need to be 80 years old to have met true socialists of the iron curtain sort, you dimwitted dolt.  I am 59 years old for your information and I know more former Soviet and Eastern European dissidents than you can shake a stick at.  I know what confused you (which doesn't take much) - the word Fabian.  If you had any education at all about the evolution of 20th century progressivism, you would not be confused but as I said, you are a dolt like all your progressive ilk.  You see, it takes absolute ignorance and inability to exercise reason for someone to become a collectivist progressive.  Go study how Fabian progressivism evolved in to cultural Marxism and its later manifestations like the Frankfurt School so that you do not make an ass of yourself.

As to the word fascist, you obviously do not know the meaning of the word, dolt.  In fact you are clueless about political philosophy as you adhere to the left/right paradigm.  If you had brains worth crap, you could deduce that political opposites must be ideological opposites.  Fascism and communism are both collectivist ideologies, therefore they are of the same ilk.  Nationalism is not an individualistic trait fyi you brainless moron. Learn some political philosophy so that you do not make stupid statements like "right wing fascists".  Your ignorance is shining through brightly.

Gregory:
I am not a person of color.  I am an individual.  You can choose to be a pathetic tool of the Democrat Party.  Identity politics is for losers.  Stick to it as it has been working so well for your community (that is sarcasm in case it is lost on you).  Talking about history, I suggest you educate yourself as to who enslaved you, then segregated against you, and finally when they were forced to abandon it, condemned you to their new plantation called the welfare state. Enjoy being treated like cattle?  You are clueless.  If you need help, I can educate you.  Be a man.  Stand on your own two feet and have some dignity.  I suggest you start by listening to likes of Dr. Innis (CORE)

John G Added Oct 5, 2017 - 9:03pm
One would have to be to have done what you claimed, moron.
I know who the Fabians were. They  haven't been relevant for 80 odd years. This is just a meme in fascist circles. As is 'cultural Marxism'.
It takes a truly vacuous and misinformed mind to believe this shit.
I like to deal in economics. Not voodoo faux psychology and mythology.
John G Added Oct 5, 2017 - 9:07pm
Fascism is the merger of capital and the state.
That is clearly right wing dominance and the opposite of socialism, which is the enablement and freedom of labour.
Your stupid misinformation is your problem.

Saint George Added Oct 5, 2017 - 10:33pm
Fascism is the merger of capital and the state.
Fascism IS socialism. I've already posted at least one authority on this topic in a different thread. You're an illiterate dunce, skiddy-g.
Saint George Added Oct 5, 2017 - 10:43pm
Dear Mrs. Trump
September 26, 2017 by
Liz Phipps Soeiro (librarian)

"Another fact that many people are unaware of is that Dr. Seuss’s illustrations are steeped in racist propaganda, caricatures, and harmful stereotypes. Open one of his books (If I Ran a Zoo or And to Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street, for example), and you’ll see the racist mockery in his art."

LOLzZ! Anyone that politically correct must be on the far left.

Here's a YouTube link to a video of the Seuss book, "And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street":

Bill H. Added Oct 5, 2017 - 10:58pm
I'm really bummed that many people don't know or understand the large differences between Socialism and Fascism. They are pretty much exact opposites.
Damn, I learned this way back in elementary school (6th grade to be exact).
I'm not sure how this has become distorted since the 1950's, but it started popping up in the '90s as I remember.

Give this a read, since it seems to be the only accurate and not politically-modified definition that I was able to find on the web:

Saint George Added Oct 6, 2017 - 5:14am
'm really bummed that many people don't know or understand the large differences between Socialism and Fascism. They are pretty much exact opposites. Damn, I learned this way back in elementary school (6th grade to be exact).

Damn. I'm bummed because many posters on WB insist that Americans are uneducated; so just maybe, Bill H., what you rote-memorized in 6th grade was simply wrong.

I've posted this already twice; but maybe three's a keeper:

"The Economic Foundations of Fascism"
by Paul Einzig
MacMillan and Co., Limited
St. Martin's Street, London
(1933)

[BEGIN EXCERPT]

Chapter XI — Fascism and Socialism

pg. 110.

"It is thus evident that the aims of Fascism and of Socialism are to a very great extent identical. In fact, it may be said without exaggeration that what is happening in Italy today, in the economic sphere, is substantially what would happen under a Socialist government that was free from electioneering considerations. To a very great extent Fascism is Socialism.  Yet in the political sphere Fascists and Socialists fight each other desperately without realising that the difference between their respective aims is less than that between the aims of either and those of the laissez-faire school.

The Socialistic tendencies of Fascism ought to be duly realized both by the adherents and opponents of the movement. Ignorance of the fact that Fascism is substantially Socialism has led in Germany to one of the most remarkable tragic-comedies of history."

[END EXCERPT]
Kerem Oner Added Oct 6, 2017 - 9:26am
John G, do you even know when the Iron Curtain came down?  Talk about being dumbed down, my god!  What mind numbing ignorance!!  Having lived through the 1970s and 1980s as an adult does not make one a 80 year old person.  I know math is hard for you dolts, but try.

You do not know crap.  Stop fooling yourself.  Ask likes of Professor Piven if Fabian progressivism is dead!  Ask the school systems, morally nihilistic Hollywood, and the rest that have killed classical education and traditional culture if cultural Marxism is dead!  You are an ignorant dolt of the first order as your idiotic comments give away.  You represent your ilk well.

Furthermore, you are dumber than dirt as you cannot exercise logic.  I explained you that political opposites must be philosophical opposites.  Money and state are not political philosophies.  Individualism and collectivism are.  Both fascism and socialism are collectivist ideologies, therefore cannot be said to be polar opposites.  Understood?
Pathetic moron, do not waste my time with your idiocies again.
Kerem Oner Added Oct 6, 2017 - 9:29am
Bill H, you better be bummed about your ignorance.  Both fascism and socialism are collectivist ideologies.  I know you progressives have shit for brains but try to reason this out in your tiny brain.  The main glaring difference between the two is that fascism is nationalistic where as socialism is more internationalist in nature.
Bill H. Added Oct 6, 2017 - 12:31pm

I am not a "progressive" and you obviously have no true historical knowledge concerning the systems in the world, only what you read on your polarized sources. Many recent "definitions" of the worlds political systems have been tweaked and modified over the years to simply suit a particular sects needs or counters. I still stick with what I was taught way back when.
And I would recommend that you abstain from constant habit of defaming people out here as you hide behind your electronic wall. If you disagree with something, why do you constantly defame the people that you disagree with? This says much about you as a person.
Saint George Added Oct 7, 2017 - 4:49am

In other words, you're choosing to remain stuck on stupid. Got it.

As for "recent definitions," you'll have to prove that statement by quoting a source. I quoted an authority on the subject from 1933 (Paul Einzig), a time when many intellectuals and celebrities actually admired Mussolini and his "corporate state" (i.e., fascist state) for the same reason more recent intellectuals and celebrities used to croon over Chavez: collectivists just LOVE thuggish strongmen who don't hesitate to use coercion to "get things done."
Bill H. Added Oct 7, 2017 - 1:06pm
The textbooks that we were provided in the '50s are long gone. Much of what I learned was also derived from actually reading my childhood set of Encyclopedia Britannica and Childcraft encyclopedia.
How about if we describe Fascism as the Right Wing version of Communism? The difference is that the unifying force is nationalism, so to eliminate conflict, other nationalities need to be suppressed or eliminated.
Under Communism, the unifying force is class levels, so to eliminate conflict, a classless society is required.
Would you dispute this?
I believe that we are quickly moving towards a Fascist position here in the US, which is evident by the level of control that corporations have implemented on the people and an increased emphasis on racial differences.
Mike Haluska Added Oct 9, 2017 - 11:22am
Bill H - the answer to your request:

"How about if we describe Fascism as the Right Wing version of Communism?"

let me think about it for a minute . . . NOPE!

"Right Wing" implies "Conservative" which is sticking with the Constitution.  Communism is the antithesis of our Constitution, so your statement makes no sense.  You're just trying to hide from the fact that Socialism was the base for BOTH Hitler's NAZI German and Mussolini's Fascist Italy.  And Socialism is the base for every plank in the Democratic Party's platform!!!

You're not going to pull the worn out Leftist trick of simply "renaming" yourselves when people are on to you:
"Left" became "Liberal" when "Left" policies failed miserably.

-  Then "Liberal" became "Progressive" when "Liberal" policies failed miserably.

You guys have went to the well one time too often and nobody is buying "the screw-ups of the Liberals have nothing to do with the policies of today's Progressives"!  I am an unabashed, unapologetic Free Market Capitalist/Constitutionalist and have been for my entire adult life.  The Democratic Party was hijacked by the Socialists back in the late 1950's and no matter what you guys call yourselves you're still socialists!

Americans have recognized the "hijacking of the Democratic Party" over the past 8 years under President Obama.  This is what lead to the drastic decay (22% national participation rate) of the Democratic Party and subsequent election of President Trump.  It wasn't "Russian Interference", James Comey or any of the other 60 excuses Hillary Clinton gives for reasons she lost the election.

Mike Haluska Added Oct 9, 2017 - 11:30am
Saint George - you make a great point:

"collectivists just LOVE thuggish strongmen who don't hesitate to use coercion to "get things done."

Without fail , EVERY DEMOCRATIC PROGRAM/POLICY REQUIRES COERCION to exist!  They NEVER offer a "program" that stands on its own merits because they know it would fail abysmally.  From FDR's Social Security to Obama's "Affordable Care Act" (what a misnomer that turned out to be), people are forced under threat of prison to comply.  Today's "thuggish strongmen" don't wear jackboots and uniforms, they wear business suits and carry "Internal Revenue Service" credentials.

Bill H. Added Oct 9, 2017 - 5:05pm

Sorry, Mike-
Do some UNBIASED real research outside of your "normal" sources of information. You and many other R/W fanatics just love to grab and misconstrue names so you can label everyone for you comfort. You have thrown labels at me for the entire time I have been out here. My definition of Fascism stands and has for a long time in past history. Only recently have people from the extreme Right attempted to attach it to who they label as the "Left" because it makes them uncomfortable to see that it actually refers to their beliefs.
Kerem Oner Added Oct 10, 2017 - 10:12am
For the last time.....
Right/left paradigm is a faulty one.  The only paradigm is liberty/tyranny.  Classical liberalism is an individualistic philosophy whereas democratic socialism is a collectivist ideology.
As to conservatism, it means nothing by itself as it denotes traditionalism.  It can imply communism as easily as it can imply libertarianism or classical liberalism.
Therefore, logically, fascism being a collectivist ideology, cannot be said to be right wing (implying the liberty end of the spectrum) in nature.  It is just another variation of collectivism.

Proof is in the pudding.  Look at all fascist regimes - whether it is Hitler's Germany, Mussolini's Italy, Franco's Spain, or Pinochet's Chile - there was no classical liberalism in any as individuals nor the economies were free.

You collectivist statist kooks really need to study some political philosophy before making ridiculous assertions.
Mike Haluska Added Oct 10, 2017 - 11:02am
Bill H - your admission:

"My definition of Fascism stands and has for a long time in past history. "

sets you apart from me.  I don't make up my own definitions to suit some purpose.  I do things the old fashioned, objective way . . .  I look them up in the Frakkin' Dictionary!  Here is the textbook definition of NAZI:

"Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei" - the National Socialist German Worker's Party.

In German or English, a Nazi is a SOCIALIST!!!  The Democratic Party almost ran an AVOWED SOCIALIST for President the last election, but settled for a CLOSET SOCIALIST!  These are facts, Bill H - not my personal opinion.  And I don't "label" you anything - I simply debate the things you write when I disagree with them.

And for someone who has repeatedly accused me of lying about my education, profession and employment . . . you have no moral ground to stand on!  You have no expertise or knowledge to present valid, rational arguments to my position (e.g. "Climate Change") so you resort to the Left's typical Saul Alinsky tactics like "discredit/shame the opponent".  You and Wendell have been so thoroughly dispatched by me that all you have remaining is baseless attacks (e.g. Haluska works for "Big Oil").
Mike Haluska Added Oct 10, 2017 - 11:07am
Karem - great post!  The Left wants to not only distance themselves from their shameful past (KKK, NAZI's, Socialism, etc.) but try to flip the table and pin their problems on Conservatives!  President Trump has exposed and continues to expose their hypocrisy and all they can do is come up with "Fake News" based on "unnamed sources" EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Kerem Oner Added Oct 10, 2017 - 11:49am
Well you and I are on to them but there are many others to be informed, so do not give up on your efforts to open eyes.  Fabian progressivism is the absolute deadliest scourge that has confronted mankind in its history.
Mike Haluska Added Oct 10, 2017 - 11:54am
William Stockton Added Oct 10, 2017 - 11:56am
I heard a good phrase from a red-pilled lefty the other day . . . moral preening

Yep Mike, the left are the real racists and sexists of today.  Thier downfall.
Kerem Oner Added Oct 10, 2017 - 11:57am
Keynes was a closet Fabian (as well as being a homosexual) himself.  Although he did say to the head of Bank of England that his solutions had failed, I am not so sure he did not prefer them to be failures in the cause of global socialism.
Bill H. Added Oct 10, 2017 - 12:09pm

I realize that the title is uncomfortable, so I would expect your "side" to try and push it on the other "side".
It won't work with those who know their history.
Extreme Left = Socialism
Extreme Right = Fascism
It's that simple, children!!!!
Kerem Oner Added Oct 10, 2017 - 12:47pm
Ladies and gents, here I give you the prime example of how stupid statist Democrats are!

Bill H, you just love to prove that your are an intellectually vacuous dolt, don't you?  How can the opposites be the same philosophy, huh moron?  How did you manage to get through life with this kind of stupidity?  Are you a zombie that only repeats what he has heard, or can you think and exercise some reason?  Apparently not.  I just got through explaining to you the philosophical essence of fascism and communism yet you repeat the same idiocies.

Mike Haluska Added Oct 10, 2017 - 12:59pm
Kerem - this comes from the people who claim they are tolerant, open-minded, compassionate, etc.  while they beat the hell out of anyone who goes to listen to a conservative speaker!

Bill H continues to believe whatever fits his narrative - if that requires re-writing history or changing the definition of words, so be it!
Mike Haluska Added Oct 10, 2017 - 1:06pm
Stockton - great post!  The Left believes in dividing us by race, sexual preference, socio-economic, political, whatever until there is constant demand by each group that their "group rights" supercede the rights of the Individual granted by the Constitution.  The other front of the Left's attacke on Individual Rights is the extraction of God from government.  Whether you believe in God is irrelevant - the Founding Fathers wanted a government that recognized that there were certain "inalienable rights" that NO GOVERNMENT could rescind.

Obviously the Left wants no authority higher than government and no right not granted by government because whatever the government grants, it can take away!
William Stockton Added Oct 10, 2017 - 1:18pm
Yes Mike.  True, true.  In having removed one God they have created their own.  Their new priests sit in elite mansions, political thrones, or in front of a holy teleprompter passing down moral edicts to their devout followers.
John G Added Oct 10, 2017 - 4:41pm
if cultural Marxism is dead
There never was such a thing. It's a fascist trope.
John G Added Oct 10, 2017 - 4:42pm
What drivel.
John G Added Oct 10, 2017 - 4:46pm
Hahahahahahahahalusk… Kerem - what's really unfortunate is that Keynes intended his work to be a "least bad" solution to the Great Depression - not a long term economic policy!  Keynes would roll over in his grave if he knew the extent to which his theory was perverted.
You clearly know nothing about Keynes or macroeconomics.
Kerem Oner Added Oct 10, 2017 - 4:52pm
BDS, drivel is what comes out of your ignorant mouth every time you open it.  So money or state are philosophies, huh dolt?  Do you even know what philosophy is?

As to Keynes, you are the ignorant one.  Do you even know what Keynes himself said to Henry Clay on 11 April 1946 at a Bank of England luncheon?  Here, let me enlighten you: “I find myself more and more relying for a solution of our problems on the invisible hand which I tried to eject from economic thinking twenty years ago.”

As to macroeconomics, I have two post grad degrees in international finance and real estate economics on top of my 31 year professional experience.  Go fool someone else with your ignorant b.s.
Mike Haluska Added Oct 10, 2017 - 4:56pm
John G -
Evidently the late Nobel Prize winning economist Dr. Milton Friedman must also know less about the subject than you do because he is the source of my information.  If you are actually intellectually honest and curious about the field of economics, you should go to Youtube and check out Dr. Friedman's video series based on the best selling economics book in history:

Free to Choose
                                               by
                                  Dr. Milton Friedman
John G Added Oct 10, 2017 - 9:49pm
LOLOLOLOLOLOz.
Thanks for the laughs, Mr Mitty.

20 years before 1946 would have been 1926, at which point Keynes was still a firm Walrasian. About 10 years before General Theory.

Thanks for playing.
John G Added Oct 10, 2017 - 9:51pm
Haluska. Friedman was a fraud. He was David Rockefeller's pet shill. Monetarism was bullshit, is bullshit, has demonstrably failed and doesn't conform to reality.
Wake up Dorothy.
John G Added Oct 10, 2017 - 10:59pm
“I can be influenced by what seems to me to be justice and good sense; but the class war will find me on the side of the educated bourgeoisie.”

Marxian Socialism must always remain a portent to the historians of Opinion – how a doctrine so illogical and so dull can have exercised so powerful and enduring an influence over the minds of men, and through them, the events of history.”

~ JM Keynes.
Kerem Oner Added Oct 11, 2017 - 8:30am
BDS, you dolt, you better pick up a book or two before making further ass of yourself, but then again that would be wasted effort for collectivist statists like you.
Here, since you obviously need the help with Keynes' timeline:

Go waste someone else's time dolt!
Mike Haluska Added Oct 11, 2017 - 10:48am
John G -
Does it concern you at all that your only responses to my position are irrational, childish insults?  If Dr. Freidman was a fraud then he was definitely a great prognosticator!  I know you're intellectually lazy, but go back and watch the TV Series "Free to Choose" that was produced in the late 1970's.  Thirty years later virtually every single prediction made regarding economics and government policy by Dr. Friedman came true and every claim of his liberal panelists was debunked.

If you are serious about making intelligent posts and articles, please view the Youtube video below on the Welfare State:

John G Added Oct 11, 2017 - 11:42pm
Haluska, stop whining like a hypocritical little girl.
I was doing my economics degree when Friedman was at his height.
All the monetarists did was take economics back to pre-Great Depression mythology.
I'm not going back to look at his work. It's nonsense.
He was a shill for Wall St Banksters.
None of his predictions have come true. All his policy prescriptions failed and can't be followed because economies would collapse.
Chile almost collapsed under his reign. The junta had to change course.
Nothing has changed in the ensuing experiments.
It's all voodoo. Nothing to do with the real world. Just bullshit to give bankers more power and make the already very rich richer that Croesus.
I've been involved in this stuff (unlike you) for decades.
Get it through your head, monetarism is nonsense. And Friedman was a snake oil salesman.

John G Added Oct 11, 2017 - 11:48pm
Oner. Here, since you obviously need the help with Keynes' timeline

Oh look at that.
Early 1935: Keynes sends copies of the first draft of The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money

February 1936:T he General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money is published.

Now what did I say?

Who's the dolt, you monobrowed neanderthal?
John G Added Oct 11, 2017 - 11:54pm
'Collectivism' is just libertoonian dumb arsehole speak for society. An attempted smear for anybody who doesn't believe in sociopathy as a good or Rand's nonsense.
Statist is libertoonian dumb arsehole speak for anyone who thinks that government has a role to play in society other than protecting the property of the very rich and enforcing the very rich';s rule over the rest of the populace.
And usually overthrowing governments elsewhere so that the very rich can steal stuff from others too.
John G Added Oct 12, 2017 - 2:29am
 Ask likes of Professor Piven if Fabian progressivism is dead!
Oh I get it. You're another Glenn Beck following mouth breather. Have you sent death threats to that 80 year old woman to prove your manhood?
Fuck knuckle.
Kerem Oner Added Oct 12, 2017 - 9:18am
John G., you moronic imbecile, you would not know what collectivism is because you are an uneducated ignoramus as your comments indicate.  Collectivism is an ideology.  The U.S. was founded on principles/tenets of individualism, so are you contending that we have no society, huh pathetic moron?   Your simplifications show the shallowness of your intellect.  A muddy puddle after a rain is deeper, you class warring socialist dolt!

As to Prof. Piven, I am an educated person unlike you.  I do not even follow Beck or have I ever other than in news.  If you think that Piven is a kook that is rare in academia, you are even dumber than I thought.
Mike Haluska Added Oct 12, 2017 - 11:35am
Kerem -

John G's problem is typical with "economists" that are central planners at heart.  If Dr. Friedman's Free Market policies were fully implemented, a whole bunch of overpaid, narcissist, self-indulgent snob "economists" employed by the federal government would find themselves defrocked and unemployed.

John G tries to equate Chile (military junta) with economic failure while ignoring the fact that every socialist, central planned economy has failed abysmally!  What happened in Venezuela, John G?  Not enough socialist economic policy?
Mike Haluska Added Oct 12, 2017 - 11:40am
Kerem -

The "Cloward - Piven Strategy" has been in full implementation mode under President Obama.  The results speak for themselves - thank God there's a new sheriff in town!

For those unfamiliar with Cloward-Piven:
Named after the two Leftists who authored it, the strategy is simple — flood the welfare state with needy people (e.g. illegal immigrants) until it reaches its breaking point, and the people have no choice but to accept collectivism/Marxism as a substitute.
Kerem Oner Added Oct 12, 2017 - 12:13pm
Mike, he does not comprehend free markets as the dolt that he is.  The four factors of production requires optimization of each for profit maximization.  Self interest sees to it that none of the things he alleges can happen systematically.  He is as ignorant as any progressive when it comes to economics.
Kerem Oner Added Oct 12, 2017 - 12:15pm
The dolt thinks that Cloward and Piven is an invention of likes of Beck.  He is so effing clueless about cultural Marxism and where we have gone over the past century that it is not worth trying to discuss anything with him or his ilk! It would be wasted time because they have zero intellectual integrity.
Mike Haluska Added Oct 12, 2017 - 3:55pm
Kerem - there are only 3 contemporary economists that I have listened to and studied that make sense:

Dr. Milton Friedman
Dr. Walter Williams
Dr. Thomas Sowell

How in the hell Paul Krugman passed basic algebra let alone get a Nobel Prize is beyond comprehension and belief!  Of course, the same Nobel Committee gave a prize to an American President after he had been in office 3 weeks and the narcissist accepted it!
Kerem Oner Added Oct 12, 2017 - 4:14pm
Krugman is a joke among almost all business economists.  I meet annually with chief economists of both Richmond Fed and the state of Virginia.  This is a professional relationship that has gone on for over 20 years now.  I know from them that among practicing economists - non academicians - Krugman is treated as a joke.  Same with Reich and to a lesser degree Stiglitz.
John G Added Oct 12, 2017 - 4:52pm
Walter Mitty  I meet annually with chief economists of both Richmond Fed and the state of Virginia.  This is a professional relationship that has gone on for over 20 years now.
 I genuinely laughed out loud at that.
John G Added Oct 12, 2017 - 4:52pm

Dr. Milton Friedman
Dr. Walter Williams
Dr. Thomas Sowell

Then you have no clue about economics. These people are shills for bankers.
John G Added Oct 12, 2017 - 4:54pm
 What happened in Venezuela, John G?
You have no clue about Venezuela.
And your fascist states always fall over too. What's your point?

Kerem Oner Added Oct 12, 2017 - 5:08pm
John G, the only thing that is obvious is your pure ignorance.  Friedman, Williams, and Sowell are not shills for bankers as they all advocate(d) free markets.  That is far from what you idiotically insinuate.
Now go spend time with people that are up to your speed.....oh yeah, secondary schools are out for the day.
John G Added Oct 12, 2017 - 8:52pm
Friedman, Williams, and Sowell are not shills for bankers
Friedman was David Rockefeller's pet lobbyist and disinformation spreader. He even sent him off to Chile to rescue Chase's (odious)  loans.
Williams and Sowell are just Uncle Toms being paid to write bullshit to assuage white racists.
You're no economist. You're an ill-educated idiot that's been reading libertarian nonsense on the web and been fooled by it.
Go back to reading your Hayek and Mises comics.
John G Added Oct 12, 2017 - 10:23pm
"The lack of meaningful pay rises is not a phenomenon that started with the financial crisis of 2007. It can be traced back to the 1970s and 1980s when monetarism started sweeping into academia and politics. The stagflation of the 1970s, the simultaneous rise of inflation and unemployment, led some governments to abandon the Keynesian policies of the past because apparently, these policies could not deal with the stagflation. Monetary policy became the preferred tool to control inflation, together with a revived notion that markets, if left to their own devices, would bring the best social outcomes. The Thatcher and Reagan governments are some of the most famous examples of States adopting and implementing these beliefs. The first institution targeted for deregulation was the labor market. Wages increases were frozen and employment protection was scaled back because it was believed that demand and supply forces would restore full employment. However, unemployment in the UK exploded after Thatcher came into office in 1980, increasing to over 10% and never returning to its post-World War II lows of between 1% and 2%.

Labor unions are one of the most important institutions regarding pay rises. In most industrial countries, they are responsible for wage and working conditions negotiations between employers and employees. Union membership in OECD countries grew until the mid-1970s but then started dropping. With the rise of neoliberal governments in the West, organized labor came under attack. Under the free-market ideology, unions disrupt economic activity with strikes and demand higher-than-optimal wages. Thus, their power needed to be kept in check. What is more important, though, is the shifting of ideas in what the goals of the State should be. In the post-War period, an expressed purpose of governments was to keep aggregate demand at full employment levels. The UK government, for example, stated full employment as its purpose after the War in its Economic Policy White Paper in 1944. That goal changed with the rise of neoliberalism."
Why You’re Not Getting a Raise
Mike Haluska Added Oct 13, 2017 - 10:47am
John G - your statement:

"Labor unions are one of the most important institutions regarding pay rises."

is puzzling.  Why do you rail about "corporate monopolies" while praise labor monopolies?  It may be true that unions have negotiating power, that alone doesn't create wage increases.  Because of your infantile knowledge of running and operating a business, you believe that businesses just "go to the bank and get more money" or some other happy horseshit.  Raises to wages are only possible if there is a corresponding increase in productivity.

I'll explain in simple terms so even you can understand.  A typical union construction laborer earns about $25/hr.  A typical union bulldozer operator earns $85/hr.  Operating a bulldozer is easy compared to a laborer digging with a shovel, so why doesn't the laborer get paid more???  The answer is simple - the bulldozer is 100 times more productive that a single laborer.

And by the way, the price of a commodity rising is NOT inflation.  The only way to cause MONETARY inflation (price of EVERYTHING GOES UP) is to print money - period.  Socialist/Keynesians like yourself must ignore this simple fact in order to justify deficit spending, government borrowing and borrowing money to pay the interest by printing even more money.

Anyone with half a brain knows that this practice always leads to financial ruin.  On a micro scale it's like borrowing money you can't afford to pay back, then getting a credit card to make interest only payments on the debt, maxing that card out and then getting another credit card to pay the interest only on the original debt & subsequent maxed-out credit cards.
                               Rinse - Shampoo - Repeat

Sooner or later you can't get another credit card and the House of Credit collapses.  In order to accept your inane economic policy you have to believe in "something for nothing".

Kerem Oner Added Oct 13, 2017 - 11:04am
Lol Mike, it goes without saying that they believe in something for nothing.  Absent that mindset, socialism would not exist.
Mike Haluska Added Oct 13, 2017 - 11:37am
Kerem - I'm glad you enjoyed my "shampoo" analogy.  John G doesn't have a clue where the value of money comes from.  He believes printing pieces of paper somehow "endows" them with value!  Check out the discussion by Dr. Walter Williams on understanding the real value of money:

John G Added Oct 13, 2017 - 5:15pm
Nonsense. This is what you get when you only listen to fake economists like Friedman.
You have no clue of how the monetary system works. None, zilch, nada.
Everything you've stated above believe is false.

John G Added Oct 13, 2017 - 5:17pm
Why do you rail about "corporate monopolies" while praise labor monopolies?
The real question is 'why do you rail against labour's right to organise'?
John G Added Oct 14, 2017 - 1:58am
 He believes printing pieces of paper somehow "endows" them with value!
LOLz. You're not a very good guesser Micky Mouseketeer. Currency has no intrinsic value, numb nuts.
Mike Haluska Added Oct 16, 2017 - 11:29am
John G -

I have NO problem with anyone organizing for legitimate purposes.  What I have a problem with is the Unions AND Corporations running to the government for protection against competition!  Stupid laws like the Bacon Davis Act and most "fair trade agreements" like NAFTA are a license to steal granted by the government.

You just love false analogies, don't you?
John G Added Oct 16, 2017 - 8:32pm
Dodging the question again Mikey Mouseketeer.

Recent Articles by Writers Mike Haluska follows.