On the Lighter Side

Crossposted on my blog as "All Things Yoda..."

All things Yoda...

Okay, not all things that are about Yoda and are available on the internet. The vast quantity of those things has probably approached infinity. But all things in this blog article will be about Yoda.

And so we're off!

True. Especially when someone swipes a photo of you as a young child.

But Yoda has learned wisdom over the years and so he doesn't let it consume him. But he is a bit particular when someone mentions his size.

And there was the time when Luke trained under him on the planet Atchafalaya 😉 in the Dagobah system. First was Luke's vision in the Cave of Death:

So Yoda knew Disney was going to take over Star Wars and fuck it up! Hence, The Force Awakens.

Then when Luke tried to lift his ship and couldn't do it (because he couldn't believe he could do it):

Then Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy showed up, and Luke proposed!

But enough about Luke, let's get to some wisdom, shall we?

He even has wisdom to those who rummage through other people's smart phones!

Of course, sometimes he's not the most tactful person...

Especially to trolls and buffoons, and most especially to trollfoons!

And if they don't like it? Here's his parting shot:

Comments

Autumn Cote Added Oct 6, 2017 - 5:55pm
Please note, the second best way to draw more attention to your work is to comment on the work of others. I know this to be true because if you do, I'll do everything in my power to draw more attention to your articles.

PS - There is a lot I can do and would like to do on your behalf.
Tubularsock Added Oct 9, 2017 - 8:54pm
Edward, Tubularsock hadn't known about Miss Piggy. Damn, it so difficult keeping up! Yoda is one of Tubularsock's favorite sages right after Lao Tzu.
Autumn Cote Added Oct 9, 2017 - 9:32pm
I was always partial to: "“Do. Or do not. There is no try.”
Mark Hunter Added Oct 10, 2017 - 1:01am
Miss Piggy was Luke's rebound girlfriend after ... Luke's sister. No wonder he retired to a private island.
opher goodwin Added Oct 10, 2017 - 5:08am
May the force be with you.
Edward Miessner Added Oct 10, 2017 - 1:39pm
Tubularsock, The scene with Miss Piggy was from an actual Muppet Show back in 1980 or so, right after The Empire Strikes Back came out.

Autumn, yes, I like that, too. But liking the saying is easy! Living up to it is much more difficult, though.

Mark, oh, oh, yes! :^D That's definitely a logical explanation for that loose thread--one of many--created by J.J. "Jar Jar" Abrams' The Force Awakens!
Edward Miessner Added Oct 10, 2017 - 1:40pm
opher, thank you!
opher goodwin Added Oct 10, 2017 - 2:55pm
You're welcome.
Lady Sekhmetnakt Added Oct 10, 2017 - 6:11pm
Regarding Disney, although I wasn’t all that impressed with The Force Awakens, Rogue One was exceptionally good, and made me want to see A New Hope again immediately thereafter. So there is hope (no pun intended) in the future of Star Wars under Disney IMHO.

Edward Miessner Added Oct 11, 2017 - 1:32pm
opher, :^)

Lady S,
Well I though it was good, too and that probably had to do with the fact that the movie had to fit in with an already existing movie and established canon instead of rebooting everything with a hackneyed, derivative plot with many, many holes and loose ends.