La Femme Libertine

Webster defines a libertine as one who has no sexual morals, a free thinker; usually a man! What, why?

I am a Femme Libertine, I make this claim loudly and proudly. A libertine believes in the amazing wonderful liberties that the life of a free thinker accords. Life should be experienced, it should be seduced, and drained of everything it has to offer.

Setting aside for the moment the pleasures of a sexually free lifestyle, allowing my mind to be free and open has brought me to another level. And to have this, (for lack of a better word), power, as a woman, is in itself an aphrodisiac. Give me my freedom! Let me set my mind on open and revel in the infinite possibilities this amazing life affords us.

Life will always have troubles, but in many of these catastrophic issues ; my grieving over things I cannot in any way control only robs me of my current days pleasures. The call it the present for a reason, life is really a gift.

Comments

Benjamin Goldstein Added Nov 4, 2017 - 5:13pm
Sounds like a brothel ad. Not that I would know.
Passion Blues Added Nov 4, 2017 - 5:47pm
The world would be a better place with more brothels
wsucram15 Added Nov 4, 2017 - 7:36pm
Happiness is the right place to be..:)
Passion Blues Added Nov 5, 2017 - 6:18am
Thank you ma'am......just trying to say we could all lighten up a little
The Burghal Hidage Added Nov 5, 2017 - 12:23pm
Boo-yah! Nailed it!
Neil Lock Added Jan 22, 2018 - 1:42pm
Why did I not see this article when it was new? The algorithm that orders posts on WB, I think, is probably biased against new articles. Which means that an article that doesn't get any quick up-thumbs goes down the drain.

Anyway, I'll see if I can up-thumb this one, after all these months...
The Burghal Hidage Added Jan 22, 2018 - 2:42pm
Whadya think Neil? My money says this girl smokes cigars and drinks whiskey. And her smart parts seem to work pretty well too.
Passion Blues Added Jan 22, 2018 - 10:20pm
Neil- Thank you so much for the thumbs up. I find that my free thinking, and honest thoughts are too much for some on here, but stay tuned, I'm working on something new......post to follow soon.
Passion Blues Added Jan 22, 2018 - 10:24pm
Burghal- I've been known to enjoy a nice Cuban every once in a while, ( and thier cigars a pretty nice too)! As far as whiskey goes...how'd you know. I'm such a fan of Jameson that I'd welcome that man in my bed anytime, as long as he brought a bottle with him. And my smarts......not quite on the same level as you all, but NEVER underestimate a truly open mind. Working on a new piece....stay tuned.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Jan 23, 2018 - 12:28am
Oh my Buddha! I'm chuckling to myself imagining a former participant and his reaction. One of his favorite epitaphs was "Libertine".
The Burghal Hidage Added Jan 23, 2018 - 3:15am
I am on record as an avowed Jameson man. The cigars I can take or leave. Ha! I knew it!
Mircea Negres Added Jan 23, 2018 - 8:44am
The word "libertine" originally referred to men because there was a pro-male bias in human culture during the 17th to 19th centuries and the most notable of the libertines were men anyway. If you want to be free, don't ask for freedom, but instead take it. This will save you a lot of time and tears while you wait for society to give what should be yours anyway. As for life being a gift, that depends on one's perspective and situation. After all, a quadriplegic will hardly consider him/herself free, or blessed for that matter. Anyway, just remember to think with the noodle instead of the bean, seeing how the most widespread sexually transmitted disease is pregnancy...
Dino Manalis Added Jan 23, 2018 - 9:09am
Both genders need morals to live life appropriately, because life is much more than pleasure and we shouldn't do anything criminal or unethical.
opher goodwin Added Jan 23, 2018 - 9:55am
First time I've seen this. Where has it been hiding. Hooray for the equality of libertines!! May the world be full of them whatever seven genders they may be.
Passion Blues Added Jan 23, 2018 - 1:50pm
Opher - Thank you for the comment and kind reply. I was kind of dismayed when this didn't attract a comment from you when I first posted it.....glad you found it.
opher goodwin Added Jan 23, 2018 - 6:40pm
I'm glad I found it too. If only I was forty years younger. No - make that fifty!
Ben McCargo Added Jan 24, 2018 - 11:50pm
I've never heard the word used in today's setting.  Mostly i know it from some Victorian erotica i have.  Like Mircea said, it's mostly male oriented.  Anais Nin was the first women author i read doing erotica.  It's a completely unique perspective, even as she writes in the male character.  Be a libertine... as long as you're able to hold on.  It's like any other ideal.