Millennials and their phony love for socialism

I believe that most of the millennials do not actually like REAL socialism, communism or fascism. Our US indoctrination system has lead them to believe that in these systems, we are all still free people but we somehow "coax" business to share the wealth so that we all do well. That is a proven fantasy. They often think that the Nordics and Germany are socialist when they are all very much capitalists! Do you believe that Google is going to work for the state? They would be Google Canada or Cayman Islands in a week!

The nations that do better than we do are more homogeneous. Have a more powerful and widespread work ethic and a much smaller % playing the roll of needy. We could have every social program that they do, if we only offered welfare to the needy, which is sub 5% in those nations but 25% of the population here!

Blacks in Europe perform at the same level as whites and others. They are not lured into a life of dependency only to become a massive ball and chain on the nation and the source of 8 times as much of the violence per capita.

I would be happy to "share the wealth" with a village, state or nation filled with people like myself and my wife. That is why the Danes and Swiss succeed. They are almost all like me and my wife! I have no issue taking care of the needy but having millions of inner city women, who are given the option of working an entry job or having kids, sans a husband and make twice as much with welfare, is not something I will support without resistance.

In my past career, I spent plenty of time in project buildings and high welfare areas. Most of these people have chosen welfare as a career. That DOES NOT happen in the countries you mentioned! Today, we are burning through the wealth of the nation to maintain a sick welfare state system that MOST Americans reject! There is no money left for infrastructure or great salaries for the middle class.

Comments

Michael Cikraji Added Nov 8, 2017 - 3:39pm
It is a falsehood that inner city blacks are the majority of US welfare recipients. They aren't even close. The poorest areas of America, and the areas that receive BY FAR the most welfare are in Appalachia, which are also nearly 100% white...
Thomas Napers Added Nov 9, 2017 - 1:57am
There is no socialism indoctrination system.  Millenials don’t work, which means any tax rate isn’t high enough, as it doesn’t cost them one cent.  Once they get a job and start earning they realize the damaging effect of taxation and government wastefulness.  That’s when they shed their socialist bent for capitalism.
Anthony Alafero Added Nov 9, 2017 - 3:11pm
Michael, 40% of the folks on welfare are black. 39% are white. There are 5 times as many whites as blacks. Appalachia has a tiny population. Major urban inner cities are generally, mostly black. 8% of whites are on welfare. Over 40% of blacks.
Anthony Alafero Added Nov 9, 2017 - 3:15pm
Thomas, I know many people in academia who would laugh at that statement. Left wing ideology is pushed day and night in US education. My stepdaughter left her PHD program (after passing the written)because they were forcing her to teach a course bashing capitalism. She is a democrat and typical young liberal but refused to be a part of the CLEAR push in academia for socialism. (using lies) Basically, I agree with everything else you wrote!
Dino Manalis Added Nov 9, 2017 - 5:11pm
Millennials probably don't understand socialism, because they've never experienced it, older people as well.  They believe in ideologues who tell them it's possible.  It's possible, but they wouldn't like the results.
Bill H. Added Nov 9, 2017 - 6:32pm
Maybe millennials are seeing the dark side of what our present system has become. Those of us who have been around for a while have been gradually spoon-fed and adapted to what it is now. Millennials are brought into this world seeing corporate control of their lives and virtually no privacy in their world. Maybe what they desire is something better than this crap we now exist in.
Mike Haluska Added Nov 10, 2017 - 10:45am
Bill H -

Great observation!  I think in the past few decades many of us (myself included at times) have gotten the pursuit of wealth out of proportion to family responsibilities.  We start to rationalize reducing the time spent parenting as an acceptable trade for financial security for our kids.

I graduated from college in 1978 and at that time the prevailing economic climate practically forced young married couples to have both husband and wife working even if they had young children at home.  Call me "old school" but I strongly believe kids need their Mom with them 24/7 until they start school.

The only point of difference I have with you is the statement:
"Millennials are brought into this world seeing corporate control of their lives and virtually no privacy in their world."
I don't see that as a perception of kids but as indoctrination.  You have a predisposition against anything and everything "corporate" which still baffles me.
Bill H. Added Nov 10, 2017 - 11:56am
You are correct, Mike - indoctrination is the word. They find that their lives revolve around social media, peer pressure, and the constant manipulation they receive from Facebook, Twitter, and the latest information harvesting tool (according to my neighbor's teenage kid), WhatsApp. Companies know who they are, what they like, where they live, and have access to text conversations and videos that they send back and forth using the "Cloud" as a storehouse for all of their information and encounters. Now we have apps like Color and Shopkick that activate phone cameras and microphones without the knowledge of the user.
As you know, Mike - I worked for many years in the computer/tech/communications businesses. I observed, worked on, and assisted in the implementation of many of the earlier versions of the "tools" that I mentioned. I worked in server farms, colocation facilities, where the application of interconnection and where programs like RapidMiner and others were being used to selectively scan and analyze data packets that originated from many sources, some being "private" emails and social media postings. This is a link to the favorite industry journal, to which I still have a subscription. During my term of employment, it was BAU, until I began to notice what I considered were blatant violations of privacy that were never questioned by staff members and were implemented with the understanding that the activity would never be discussed outside of the organization. It seems that what I perceived as "limits" were being crossed and torn-down consistently until I retired in 2011. I still keep in contact with my old group and some of the stories I hear reassure me that the trend continues and a much accelerated rate.
Imagine if you were forced to live your life in this manner as being the "norm" and knowing that everything you text, say, and do is recorded for almost everyone to see at anytime. I see kids in elementary school walking to and from school locked into their phone screens looking like the Zombie Apocalypse. I can just imagine how socially adjusted they will be by the time they get in High School.
Virtually everything they see and do will be controlled by others in the name of profit. There is nothing "Left" or "Right" about this, it is where both sides have taken us, which I see as the Dark Side. Maybe I'm looked at as a Luddite by many, but if one has seen the big picture from the start to where we are now, I find it very disturbing.
Mike Haluska Added Nov 10, 2017 - 12:16pm
Bill H -

Thanks for your insights!  Remember my rants about "government expansion and ignoring the Constitution"???  I have read the Constitution many times, and I think the NSA and agencies like them should be overhauled or eliminated.

You're no "Luddite" Bill!  I watch TV programs like "24" , "Quantico" and "Blacklist" and I am amazed how people can watch what the supposed "good guys" are capable of knowing about everyday people and not be concerned.
Michael Cikraji Added Nov 10, 2017 - 12:40pm
Anthony, You write:

But you are incorrect. Whites are by far the biggest group on welfare, and minorities, although poorer, are less apt to be on welfare than working-class whites:

Whites on Welfare

Oh, and Appalachia has a population of about 25 million... I don't call that tiny....
Mike Haluska Added Nov 10, 2017 - 1:24pm
The poverty rate in Appalachia is 19.7% - so not ALL of Appalachia is on welfare.

According to Department of Commerce Stats:
(https://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/)

There are approx. 330,000,000 people in the US.
Blacks comprise 12% of the population = 39,600,000 (0.12 x 330 million)
There are 20% of the population on welfare = 66,000,000 (0.2 x 330 million)
Blacks comprise 40% of those on welfare  = 26,400,000 (0.4 x 66 million)
The percentage of Blacks on welfare =  66.7% (39.6 million/26.4 million)

Can somebody check my math on this?  I was astonished by the results!  And before anyone screams "racist" I don't blame a single person - black, white, latino, etc. for being on public assistance!  I place total blame for this shameful, disgraceful situation entirely at the feet of the Welfare State itself and its protectors who designed this perverted, cruel, self-sustaining monstrosity under the guise of "fighting poverty".

Michael Cikraji Added Nov 10, 2017 - 2:54pm
Mike H,
Blacks and Welfare
Jeff Michka Added Nov 10, 2017 - 4:47pm
Bill H sez: Maybe I'm looked at as a Luddite by many, but if one has seen the big picture from the start to where we are now, I find it very disturbing.-Nothing wrong with being a Luddite in this day and age, as you've been in the biz, you've had a chance for getting "up close and personal" with data-hoovering tech.
Jeff Jackson Added Nov 10, 2017 - 8:49pm
Anthony, those that profess socialism haven't lived in socialist countries for very long. I believe in capitalism, but there are sides of it that have to be controlled. Still, it is the best so far.
Simply Jews Added Nov 12, 2017 - 4:49am
@Anthony,

I was going to add my two pennies, but Jeff J. here preempted me, partly. The millennials are not pining for socialism as it really is, because they don't know what it really is. Nor do, I suspect, most of the member of this forum.

Millennials are attracted to the simple and seductive slogans, produced for nigh 200 years by the socialists of all ilks. Being far from an organized ideology, capitalism doesn't have a lot of tools in its disposal to counter the intense sloganeering that the youth is subjected to. Especially in colleges, universities etc.

The consumerism, being the main Western MSM weapon, is a lousy argument against socialism. Losing proposition.
Lee Webster Added Nov 12, 2017 - 2:16pm
Socialism is not welfare. Talk of welfare only pushes the attention away from the real dilemma associated with it. Rewards for merit is one of many advantages lost in socialism style cultural political societies.

The peer pressure has morphed and accelerated with social media. Its still the herd instinct played out against the interests of many.
Tamara Wilhite Added Nov 12, 2017 - 8:00pm
Millenials support socialism and communism in theory because their teachers intentionally never told them the BAD that comes with it. That's how Dr. Jordan Peterson can talk about the hundred million killed in Communism around the world last century in philosophy class and it is the first time many college students have heard of it.
Mike Haluska Added Nov 13, 2017 - 11:10am
Michael C - your statement:

"Info is flawed. Today, blacks = 13.3% of US population, 25.7% of welfare recipients are black."

doesn't significantly change the statistic of the "percentage of blacks on welfare".  I am not indicting blacks by raising attention to this disgraceful statistic - quite the opposite!  I would like to know why this monstrous, cruel, perverted system is still allowed to function for the sole purpose of exploiting poor people (predominantly black) into voting Democratic every election?
Bill H. Added Nov 13, 2017 - 3:07pm

Mike - If you were Black, would you cast a vote for someone who exhibits bigotry and in the past had agreed to a settlement on a discrimination charge? (Not to mention, staffing his cabinet with some obvious bigots).
Picture yourself casting a vote for Al Sharpton. Would you?
It's not necessarily the system, it's the candidates that end up on the ballot.
Mike Haluska Added Nov 15, 2017 - 11:59am
Bill H -
What makes you think "bigotry" is limited to white Republicans?  You're going to hold up Al Sharpton as someone who is NOT bigoted?  And for Pete's sake, just who in President Trump's cabinet is a bigot?  Anytime the knee-jerk PC Police accuse someone of being a racist/bigot/homophobe/xenophobe you just buy right into their crap!

It is the left and the Democratic Party who perpetuates and benefits from the oppression and suffering of minorities due to bigotry!  The entire Welfare State is a Democratic designed, maintained and sustained modern version of the Southern Plantation.  Herman Goering and Adolph Hitler couldn't have designed a more bizarre, self-sustaining, dehumanizing, cruel system than our Welfare State!

The biggest difference between the NAZI concentration camps and the Democratic Party's Welfare State is at least the NAZI's were honest about their hatred, bigotry and intentions for their captives!  You Welfare State supporters are the real bigots because you pretend to be "benevolent and holier than thou" while you ruin the lives of poor people in return for their votes!!!