The effects of globalisation and automation are already being felt. The wealthy people owning the businesses are taking their factories to the Third World or bringing in automation in order to create more profit. People are being thrown out of high paying jobs into low-paying jobs or chucked on the scrapheap.
These same greedy people, already on huge incomes, are busy squirrelling away their ill-gotten gains in Off-shore tax havens in order to avoid paying tax. Some of these mega-earners are paying less tax than ordinary hardworking people. It is simply wrong.
Trillions of dollars have been taken off to avoid proper taxation. It is immoral and obscene.
These individuals and major organisations are robbing everybody of the money that should be going to pay for our roads, infrastructure, schools, hospitals and care homes.
- Shut down these tax havens and close the loopholes.
- Have a fair progressive tax system to create less inequality and so these people contribute to society
- Retrain the displaced workers for other roles - nursing, teaching, caring for the elderly, plumbing, electrical work, IT, child care, environmental work - things that make a difference
- Give everyone a guaranteed income
- Reduce the working week to three days
- Provide leisure, sport and fitness facilities so that people can enjoy a healthy lifestyle and families can flourish
What do you think?