Oh what a week it was

I'll work backwards. I just broke my glasses while removing my wind vest at the library.

I got a smartphone and erased all of the information on it.

I set up a new FB page and shut it down because I already had one that I was having problems accessing.

I played some excellent golf and some bad golf.

I played poker and enjoyed it as much as anything I've done in the last five years. Almost all casino games are games of luck, but my golf buddy took me to play Texas Hold 'Em. The first time I lost all of my money within an hour. The next time I lost all of my money in four hours. The last time I almost lost all of my money and then clawed my way back using all of the knowledge I'd learned. I was at the table for eight hours, grooving on that oxygen-saturated air. It truly is a game of skill and I've improved to the point where I think I can beat a majority of players. We'll see.

I made a video of myself when I first turned on the phone. It got some remarks.

I went bowling and had some of the old magic after more than two decades.

I changed the name of my art page to Marko Noyes. It means I have to start writing again.

Some nut went into a church to kill people because his feelings felt hurt. A guy who has a history of beating women and children. A guy who should have been restricted on buying guns, but could go to a gun show and buy anything he wanted without a background check.

The Eagles continued to improve.

I talked to my brother and sister and mother making plans for Thanksgiving weekend.

In that regard I bowled a turkey.

I'm at peace with the world, now, and hope to live the rest of my life in this frame of mind. I just pray that at some point the world will make peace with me.

Love and peace to all, Marko

Comments

mark henry smith Added Nov 10, 2017 - 3:35pm
I never knew how the smart phone changes your life. I guess we really don't know anything until we play around with it a while. That's Harvey Weinstein's excuse. I just wanted to get to know those girls better. Define better Harvey. Better for me.
Leroy Added Nov 11, 2017 - 6:44am
I've had better weeks.  If started out with replacing a light switch that wasn't broke.  Been meaning to do it for a year and finally got around to it.  After troubleshooting why it failed, I noticed it had a slider on it.  Never occurred to me that it might be a dimmer switch used with a compact fluorescent bulb.  Then I discovered that I had locked myself in the basement with only an electrician's screwdriver.  Trapped with no smartphone!  Horror of horrors!  I could have gone out the basement door, but I had no keys to enter the house.  If only I had my smartphone....

Now that I reflect on things, I had another solution.  Ain't technology grand?
Terri Parke Added Nov 11, 2017 - 9:23am
Thanks for your perspective!
wsucram15 Added Nov 12, 2017 - 12:51am
Texas hold em..good game.
My Father and Uncle Neil were the ones to learn that stuff from...they were good. Never play against them.  My father would never play against me unless it was penny anty.  But my brothers, wow, cleaned up the floor with them.
Poker is all skill...I like people that think its luck.  Its good you learned that quick.
Get your poker face on first..then start learning others habits...its fun. Enjoy MHS.  Dont lose!
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Nov 12, 2017 - 5:00am
I've had a good week. I still breathe ;)
Dino Manalis Added Nov 12, 2017 - 6:58am
Be careful!  Don't rush!  Learn from mistakes and make decisions carefully!  Ask others with experience!

Recent Articles by Writers mark henry smith follows.