I now understand everything

It has become apparent to me that we're totally screwed. Not just Us, but the whole goddamn world.

I've dealt with you people long enough to pigeonhole you all, but I'm not going to do that because you all do it to each other in every article, pretty much. If you're not one of those people, forgive me.

Like our politicians, like our advertisers, like millennials, we don't mindfully discuss, not generally. We limit, label, belittle, and then based on our own stereotypes we present a perfectly logical argument.

Women are not to be believed when they claim sexual impropriety because women are congenital liars. And if the charges are proven then the argument changes. She consented. That sixteen year old girl who was offered a ride home by Roy Moore should have known better than to accept. Her getting in the car granted consent. Dam people, you must think if a woman uncrosses her legs she's consented. Some Japanese believe the Korean girls who were abducted and sent to be comfort girls in Japanese army brothels consented to have sex with up to seventy men a day.

Can you imagine having to defend yourself from that accusation? It

Yeah, if Jews are devils then of course we have to rid ourselves of that evil. If liberals are devils ditto. Conservatives, sharpen the guillotine. Blacks, reds, on and on there are just so many bad groups we need to deal with and the only way to deal with things that are so  awful is using the Duarte method. He's now claimed as a close friend by Trump by the way.

Geez, really? Our president prefers murderers to thinkers who challenge his preconceived notions of justice. Thinkers who challenge his banal concepts of worth. Thinkers who see on the near horizon a crisis of historical precedence, an infrastructure and social crisis beyond the wealth myth, that's the myth that wealth can solve all of our problems.

Can you think of something that wealth can't heal?

Comments

mark henry smith Added Nov 13, 2017 - 7:39pm
Hey this was very difficult to type because I kept being diverted and unable to correct the text. I finally just left it. I was going to tell you that the reason I know everything is because I realize how the smartphone has changed our communications to make them less thoughtful. It suits some,
but not me. I like turning off the phone and being alone to think and I like being able to turn it on and make videos, take pictures, listen to music, watch what other people are making. I love this.
Tubularsock Added Nov 13, 2017 - 8:45pm
Whenever one leaves the idea that the other person is themselves the problem starts. He/She is me.

Once you take on that concept then it is much more difficult to start to run away with condemnation.

Oh sure we all do it, but EVEN Tubularsock has down some questionable things in his life. You live and learn, hopefully.
Dino Manalis Added Nov 14, 2017 - 9:21am
There's too much emotion and little reason.  With respect to Roy Moore, yes, it's politically motivated, but he took advantage of those girls.  He has to apologize!  No means no and men need to look with their eyes, not with their hands!  You need her consent first!
David Russell Added Nov 14, 2017 - 10:59am
Consent is not enough.  You need a written waiver.
Even A Broken Clock Added Nov 14, 2017 - 1:32pm
Mark, you hit many nails directly on the head. Good post.
mark henry smith Added Nov 14, 2017 - 2:03pm
Thanks you all for commenting

First I'd like to say that typing on a computer is preferable to typing on a phone, but scrolling on a phone and hitting multiple sites is the tits.

Can I still use tits as a superlative? I certainly hope so.

I was talking to my sister, we've re-initiated civil relation, and I was asking her that question to see how someone of such wealth and privilege would answer. It didn't take her a second to say, "A broken heart."

What about a broken nature?
Bill H. Added Nov 14, 2017 - 7:51pm

Good one, Mark!
Like I said in an earlier post, don't let the "smartphone" zombieize you as it has so many others. Yep! turn it off to do critical thinking and use it for what you described. There is an entire world out there that many are missing as they stare into the LCD world on their phones.

Recent Articles by Writers mark henry smith follows.