John McCain, You of All People

In South Carolina when John McCain was running for president, McCain’s national campaign manager, Rick Davis, said: “a smear doesn’t have to be true to be effective.”

And, now Senator John McCain is the first out of the starting gate calling for Judge Roy Moore’s head. “Mr. Moore should immediately step aside and allow the people of Alabama to elect a candidate they can be proud of.” McCain pontificates.

McCain’s possible brain damage must have given him a very short memory. The attack on him in South Carolina was vicious. Flyers went out and push polls were conducted. McCain had cheated on his wife after Viet Nam. He had fathered a black baby. His wife was on drugs.

Some credited Lee Atwater with the smears, and/or Carl Rove and possibly Bush himself. McCain never got his footing back after South Carolina.

Every day there was something new against McCain. He slept with prostitutes. Gave his wife a venereal disease. He had turned traitor in the “Hanoi Hilton” He was a Manchurian Candidate, brainwashed to destroy the G.O.P. Hung out with gays. There was even a website devoted to the rumors. The big charge of course was that he suffered brain damage. That one still lives.

An irony is that the Washington Post did not want to run any of the stories, thinking maybe they would give attention to them to people who may not heard them.

BOTTOM LINE, WOULDN’T YOU THINK THAT JOHN MCCAIN OF ALL PEOPLE, WOULD BE RELUCTANT TO CALL FOR THE LYNCHING OF ROY MOORE?

Comments

Flying Junior Added Nov 14, 2017 - 1:52am
Keep on drinking that Kool-aid Don.  Long as someone is willing to swallow it whole, it's not really fake news.  If McCain had a liaison with a lobbyist thirty years his junior, that's not big news.  I don't know where you get the rest of this stuff.  I have never met so many McCain haters as here on the WB.  Tell me you don't believe the war criminal lie.

I don't waste my time vetting this crap.  But I understand that the accounts are credible.  Sure, it was politically motivated.  Why not?  The women did not wish to come forward.  Keep in mind Roman Polanski can't even enter the U.S. without being arrested immediately.  That's some sick shit for a young man in his thirties to prey on young girls.  It's statutory rape.  We're not talking about a girl who didn't turn eighteen before her boyfriend.  It's bad enough for college boys to go after the chickadees.

But yeah.  Let him run.  A democratic senator would be lovely.  I suspect most republicans would shelve their moral judgment to elect another hardcore rightist, just like they did with Trump.  He's church-friendly.  But that's not going to be true of independents.  Maybe sexual history doesn't matter.  Maybe it does.  Better off with a clean-cut American like Obama was when he got elected in my IMNHO.
Don Added Nov 14, 2017 - 12:41pm
Flying junior, Google The Trashing of John McCain.  I hope you are Intellectually sophisticated enough to realize my article was about a person destroyed by political smearing might be the first one to be the most cautious about leading the charge against what some day could also turn out to be a political smear.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Nov 14, 2017 - 2:22pm
McCain is an establishment tool. And ...just yuck. I never liked him.
Don Added Nov 14, 2017 - 2:28pm
The Alabama Age of Consent is 16 years old. In the United States, the age of consent is the minimum age at which an individual is considered legally old enough to consent to participation in sexual activity.

When I know that the Democrats are capable of spending nine million of their donors' money on an obviously phony dossier to smear Trump, I am not ready to say they and the Washington Post did not throw around money to a few females who needed the money.

The whole thing at this point in the judges career, does not pass the smell test .

We may never know until after the election and if we see the women driving abound in their new Caddies.
Dino Manalis Added Nov 14, 2017 - 2:43pm
McCain is sometimes very conservative, while other times he's more moderate, whatever suits him politically.  With respect to Roy Moore, the hysteria is definitely politically motivated, but Moore seems to have taken advantage of these teenagers when he was a young attorney.  He should apologize for his aggressiveness.
Flying Junior Added Nov 14, 2017 - 3:13pm
Thanks Don.  Hopefully I am.  But I appreciate new information.
Leroy Added Nov 14, 2017 - 5:47pm
It just isn't proper for a 30 something-year-old man pursuing high school girls, even if she is over the age of consent and he did nothing illegal.  The age difference is not a big deal.  I first started dating the woman who would become my wife when she was 19.
Leroy Added Nov 14, 2017 - 6:18pm
Narnian, we have more than "her word" for one of them.  We don't know the details, but we do know that he signed her high school yearbook.  Of course, it could be a forgery.  The way he signed it is suspicious.  He claims not to know her, yet he supposedly signed her yearbook.
Leroy Added Nov 14, 2017 - 6:44pm
Narnian, he otherwise does seem to be a decent person.  The signature is curious as he put DA after his name and the date and place where he signed it as though he intended to be caught 40 years later.  The truth will come out in time.

I can attest that people can misremember things.  In my father's youth, a man committed a jewelry heist.  He shared the same last name as my father.  Someone at the time made a joke about it.  Some 40 years later, the local barber started telling people my father got his start as a jewelry thief.  Something similar happened to me.  I can produce a dozen witnesses who claim they saw me do something I didn't do.  Someone made up a story for a good laugh.  It was told so often that people began to believe it.  People who weren't even there started remembering seeing me there.  It was a false memory.  It just didn't happen.

I have my doubts about the 14-year-old.  I have my doubts about the rape.  He doesn't seem to deny that he had a thing for young girls.  As long as they weren't in high school at the time, I am ok with it.
Jeff Michka Added Nov 14, 2017 - 7:20pm
"Narnian" sez: Leroy,I've seen the alleged signature, which may very well be a forgery.  I've been following Moore for several years, and believe him to be a man of high moral character. -Ah ha! must be a conspiracy.  Say Narn...aren't you, like Moore a foaming at the mouth Xtian?  I guess that gives Grampa Prevert (YUP, I spelled that right) a pass, and that what upsets the 'bama crowd the most is that it wasn't his sister? "If it was only his sisters, we'd all be good with that, right?"
Leroy Added Nov 14, 2017 - 9:01pm
Ok.  Just in.  Moore is absolved of his past sins.  He was a Democrat at the time.
Leroy Added Nov 15, 2017 - 9:55am
Now, if he were to be elected to the Senate, he would be immune to any possible prosecution of sexual harassment.  Our wonderful lawmakers exempted themselves and their staff.  There can be arbitration and if there is an order to compensate, the taxpayer picks up the bill, not the abuser.  In effect, our lawmakers are free to sexually harass.  Over $15 million has been paid out so far.
Don Added Nov 15, 2017 - 11:21am
Now Ted Cruz has piled on the judge.  Looks like he forgot “the five secret mistresses” they said he had during the presidential campaign.
Leroy Added Nov 15, 2017 - 11:33am
The best solution is for the good people of Alabama to elect Moore.  It can all be sorted out later.  It is a better solution than sending a Schummer Democrat to the Senate.  If the allegations prove true and Moore is forced to resign, then another Republican will be appointed.
Jeff Michka Added Nov 15, 2017 - 6:23pm
Narian, a CS Lewis invention, sez: Moore's record shows that he would be good for Alabama, and good for the US Senate. -Yeah, pedophilia is such a Alabama and Xtain way of life.Leroy had it right: then another Republican will be appointed. -all that matters is R wins, respective of anything else, gawd included.  I don't think you can see the obvious evangelical nonsense, you tossed your gawd for "winning".  Real faith there.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Nov 15, 2017 - 8:08pm
Incredulity that members of the gang of 535 are full of shit and always have been. Its what's for breakfast.

They're all POS, it's how they stay there. Real people of value want nothing to with them or their silly nonsense games.
Jeff Michka Added Nov 17, 2017 - 2:13pm
"Narnian pontificates: If the allegations are true (as in the case of Bill Clinton's accusers), it's horrible for the victims-SO WHEN A PEDOPHILE R IS CALLED OUT, NOW WE'VE GOT TO RELIGIATE THE SECOND TERM OF THE CLINTON Presidency. Once more party/wins over morals and ethics, eh?
Jeff Michka Added Nov 17, 2017 - 2:15pm
The Narnster rattles on: only an alleged signature on a yearbook which could easily have been forged.  This is not a matter of R's vs D's, but of right and wrong.-Of course, it's all forgeries and lies trapping that unselfish, man-o-gawd Roy Moore.  You people....
Jeff Michka Added Nov 17, 2017 - 5:24pm
Narnian sez: Will you ever admit that a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty?-In court, sure.  In the court of public opinion. no...But anything is possible, even likely.  It's more than possible and down-right likely, ol Roy is a pedophile perv.  Xtains can defend support of pedos...as long as they "win" which is more important than "moral".  And yeah, WB "Professed Xtains" seemingly have no moral compass past "win" and "control."AND But, no - let's rush to judgment (even though you would be among the first to accuse Christians of judging others-You all are as guilty as charged, Narnian.  Face it, you endorse and support an accused pedophile and defend him.  Judgement passed.
Jeff Michka Added Nov 20, 2017 - 4:49pm
Don big time Xtain sez: No Christian supports pedophilia, but neither do we support unfounded accusations. -Then why are all you Xtains defending Moore without question?  Why?  You want to win and are willing to do anything to make it happen.  If it means defending a pedophile, you'll do that without question.  XTAINS IN THE POLITICAL LANDSCAPE ARE ULTIMATE HYPOCRITES. NOW WHAT'S BIGOTED ABOUT YOU BEING A HYPOCRITE? Am I suppose to give you a break because you love gawd? You also love pedophiles without question.  So you love kid f***ers, and IMO, that makes you no better than the pedophile in question. You use gawd as an excuse for everything and applaud anything making the same sort of noise.
Jeff Michka Added Nov 20, 2017 - 9:45pm
Xtain defender of "the Faithful", Don spouts: Your vitriol is only aimed at Christians for no other reason than they are Christian.  You use horrible crimes like pedophilia to make it look like you are the one taking the moral "high ground".-Well, if there are others in your Moore camp, it extends to them, as well, but you Xtains rattle on about how good and moral you are.  Remember, I'm not the one defending the pedophile....you are.AND Man up.  Admit that for you, this is not about Moore, but about your hate.-i'D ASK YOU TO MAN UP AND PUT YOUR LEGS TOGETHER SINCE WE'VE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF NAILS LEFT.  IT'S ALWAY "THE OTHER GUY" AT FAULT WHEN BELITTLING GAWDISTS LIKE YOU OR EXPOSING THEM AS PURE HYPOCRITES AS YOU APPEAR TO BE.
Jeff Michka Added Nov 20, 2017 - 9:48pm
pardon me, the crap quoted above was from "Narnian", the CS Lewis gawdist, and upholder of the pure flame of geezus.  Let's all hope she doesn't set itself on fire in a closed space that would take others with her.
Don Added Nov 20, 2017 - 11:12pm
Jeff, what’s going on?  Twice in a row you ascribed posts to me that were not mine.  They are not even my style. Can you not get me off your mind?  Are you perseverating on me?  I am flattered.
Jeff Michka Added Nov 21, 2017 - 11:32am

Xtain Don sez: You have always focused on the fact that Moore is a Christian, and he is supported by Christians.  Unless you can produce PROOF of Moore's guilt, you are just showing your own prejudice against Christians.-Think the focus has been Moore on people like you, Don.  You know, rabid Xtains that will go against what they "preach" as a faith to score political points.  And any confusion about Xtain posting is pretty easy to explain, you all say the same nonsense and support a pedophile.  After Moore and "his girl" took their cloths off, I suppose Moore said prayers and preached a homily, right?  So let me get this straight, unless I prove Moore's guilty, then it's just a prejudice against Xtains?  Okay, and no I REALLY DON'T LIKE Xtain hypocrites all full of their love of Gawd, deciding how everyone else should be while embracing their hero pedophiles.  Like I've said, it makes you just like Moore, and what is he again?  a stinking pedophile R.

Jeff Michka Added Nov 21, 2017 - 11:32am
Enter your comment here...
Jeff Michka Added Nov 21, 2017 - 1:07pm
"Narnian" the phony moralist sez: Jeff,
You are making things up as you go along.  My point all along is that we don't know that he is (or ever has been) a pedophile.-It wouldn't matter to your "tribe" if he still screwed kids, his vote for tax cuts for the wealthy is more important.- AND Once again, I accuse you of a "religious" prejudice.  Prove me wrong.-nOPE WON'T EVEN TRY, YOU  only want a tribal outcome that benfits your tribe, and will embrace pedophiles and damn accusers to get it.  I don't need to "prove you wrong, " I'll admit I'VE NO USE FOR PEOPLE FROM YOUR XTAIN TRIBE OF PEDOPHILE LOVERS, or people like you.  IT'S ALL "IN DEFENSE OF MY TRIBE," SEZ "Narnian." Do we call your tribe "child f***ers?"  I think so.
Don Added Nov 21, 2017 - 5:45pm
Jeff, what do I have to do to get you from attributing to me material written by other people.? Do I have to complain to Autumn to get you to stop. Two times in a row now you have quoted me as saying something which actually someone else wrote. Right after I complained you then doubled down and wrote something I never claimed.

There are rules on WB that I believe in and assiduously seek to follow. One is Autumn’s instruction to lay out one’s controversial ideas and then to avoid a food fight over them. The other is to not descend into personal attacks.  I believe I have always followed both of these guidelines.

Not everyone follows these rules. So when you quote one of them who doesn't, and say I wrote it, I deeply resent that. It makes me look bad and I demand you knock it off.
Jeff Michka Added Nov 22, 2017 - 1:17pm

Jeff Michka Nov.20 2017

pardon me, the crap quoted above was from "Narnian", the CS Lewis gawdist, and upholder of the pure flame of geezus. AND  Twice in a row you ascribed posts to me that were not mine-As you MAY NOTE, I corrected myself in the comment before you just went on, lacking any reasonable defense for claiming Xtainity "issues"  As this whole comment thread has shown, whether you or "Narnian", it's still political party and embracing a pedophile, cause he's claiming he loves gawd as much as he loves sex with underage girls.  Quit trying to blame me for your failed moral "cause."  Own up, you both support pedophilia, if the pedophile is of "the right party." I owe you no apologies.
Don Added Nov 22, 2017 - 4:33pm
Jeff, I invite you to read my last comment on Sexual-Players-and-Inappropriate-Advances.   And, I don't expect an apology because on pedophilia, you have just been parroting a lot of other equally uninformed people.  Everyone is out of their depth on this one.
Jeff Michka Added Nov 22, 2017 - 5:28pm
Ooooo, angry Xtains!!! Xtain Don sez:  you have just been parroting a lot of other equally uninformed people.  Everyone is out of their depth on this one. -Really, but I'm not the one with the rabid political agenda you and pal "Narnian" have, suggesting it's my dislike of Xtains, not your political stances taken here and elsewhere using gawd as a political foil.  We should be damning the accusers because they don't play well in the Moore narrative, any more than you are willing to support anyone with a R near their name for political gain, whether they screw kids or claim not to.  The rightists, Xtain, and that height of Xtain virtue, ORANGE BLOB, defend Moore without question.  And I am uninformed sez a pedophile loving R, hiding behind gawd as an excuse.  And no "everyone" isn't "out of their depth," Don...you Xtains are.  Love those pedos like brothers and sisters, particularly if they can deliver tax cuts for the wealthy.
Jeff Michka Added Nov 22, 2017 - 9:06pm
Xtain Don cries: and say I wrote it, I deeply resent that. It makes me look bad and I demand you knock it off.You say a lot of things, Don.  AND YOU KEEP CRYING ABOUT BEING MISQUOTED, EVEN after I NOTED i was wrong, and that isn't enough because all you want to do is complain about being urinated on by someone who doesn't buy into your Xtain, self-serving nonsense.
Jeff Michka Added Nov 27, 2017 - 3:05pm
Narnian deflects: Why have Moore's accusers wait nearly 40 years?-Ask them.  If I COULD i would.  TRY this, oh geesus freak: Perhaps because of fear of reprisal. Why are these allegations coming up right now - just before the special election?-Because they did come up, and with all the Moorian righteousness, perhaps those he f***ed as kids had enough of his obfuscating and moralist BS as a "power pedophile."Why are you politicizing this?-Huh? I am politicizing this?  I wasn't the one spouting gawd's and geezus' choice for a political office, Donnie and you are. Where is the supporting evidence against Moore? See response to first question.  You are still defending an accused PEDOPHILE, made noise your support will be unflagging, so just admit, it's okay for a pedophile to take office and ensure the superrich get tax breaks.  Your Xtain morals apparently extend to loving pedophiles for political reasons.

Jeff Michka Added Nov 27, 2017 - 6:16pm
Narnian, the supposed Xtain that supports pedophiles, if they're "politically correct" Rs, sez: You will not change my mind, and I am pretty sure that I will not change yours.  I bid you good day, sir.-Finally, you're correct about something.  Say, did you get back to Bernie Bernstien or the WAPO so you could try and get them to report a false story on Pedo Moore? I bid you bad day, Xtain.

Recent Articles by Writers Don follows.