Justice Delayed... and Disingenuous

As the #MeToo cleansing rolls on, Al Franken just announced that he would step down from his Senate seat after mounting pressure from his own party over being a prick and a pervert.

John Conyers announced that he would not seek re-election after he lost support from his party (including Nancy Pelosi who initially defended him).  To keep the gravy train in the family he immediately indorsed his son for his seat.

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (who took over Hillary's old seat with the help of the Clintons) recently found her moral indignation and declared that yes, Bill Clinton should have resigned when he had his inappropriate “relations” with a White House intern.

One might think that the Democrats (and the left) have found some moral high ground in their support of abused women.  You would be wrong.

Ask yourself one question regarding these men (and the many other leftist) thrown under the bus after decades of callous, abusive, even criminal behavior.  What are the consequences to the Party for cutting them loose?

Answer: None

Al Franken's seat will be filled by just another leftist nut.

John Conyers' seat will be filled by just another leftist nut; possibly his son.

Kirsten Gillibrand already has the seat she wants (that was gifted by the Clintons).  The Clintons no longer have anything to offer her.  Now she and many in the party just want the Clintons to go away.

As usual... it's all about appearance over substance.  And they hope to use this appearance to hang the GOP who had the gall to elect Trump and may elect Moore (from Alabama).

I guess I'm OK with that.  When it comes to the left we'll have to settle (and be grateful) for justice when we get it; no matter how delayed or disingenuous.

Comments

Flying Junior Added Dec 7, 2017 - 3:02pm
What a hypocrite!  Your boy Trump, (serial abuser) endorses Moore, (dirty old man,) and they are both here to stay.  Franken and Conyers have the decency to bow out and you condemn them.

Got that backwards, buddy.

Yeah, we'll take the high ground, thank you.
Mircea Negres Added Dec 7, 2017 - 3:53pm
The way I see it, the problem with the #MeToo nonsense is that it gives a forum to some people so they can air shit they never bothered to express for a large number of reasons, which as far as I'm concerned regarding the matter of sexual abuse of those less powerful in "The Wood of Holly", to be merely a case of physical and/or moral prostitutes who sold themselves for the benefits they thought they would get from said prostitution in the so-called entertainment industry.

So they sold their asses and got a sore bum. Woopty-doopty-fucking-doo! How is it our fault that the price they received after they sold aforementioned ass was less than they thought it would (or should) be worth, and worse, they "opened up" after they spent the money and/or exhausted the opportunities for which they sold themselves?

Real rape victims behave differently from these Hollywood hos, but however this here episode ends, Jacque Fresco still turned out to be right when he said "The more justice you seek, the more hurt you become because there's no such thing as justice. There is whatever there is out there. That's it..."

Why do I say this? Simple. First, those who would expose or fight against wrong are 1% of the human species, or less. Second, there's an old legal invention out there called "statute of limitations", so if mommy or daddy sold their right to immediately prosecute for cash, then they may wanna get compensation for said sore ass outta them, not the one who shoved something hard up it some 10 or 40-odd years later, when those pros are "triggering"... As for political parties, let's be honest (about fucking time, if you ask me, enough of this delusion that politicians are good, or at least better than us)- the time when we could expect honesty and/or righteousness out of those fuckers and their parties is long gone, so the only justice any one of us is going to see for injustices perpetrated by politicians is whatever their leaders deign to give us or we are willing to imagine, 'cause sure as God made little green fuckin' apples, we ain't gonna get nothin' else.
Lynn Johnson Added Dec 7, 2017 - 4:09pm
>> What a hypocrite!  Your boy Trump...

Read the post dumb-ass; and think before you go into knee-jerk response mode.

I didn't vote for Trump... I'm a conservative.

And I point blank said I was OK with the Dems using this against the GOP.  I'm in favor of a pox on both their houses (Dems and GOP).

My only point in criticism of "your boys" was that they were disingenuous... finding their moral outrage ONLY when it won't cost them anything and in fact allows them to clean up a little baggage and dirtly laundry.

As for those who did support Trump (despite the allegations); what kind of choice were they given in respect to this issue?  Trump, or a RICO level criminal who not only enabled her pervert in chief husband, but personally orchestrated a campaign to destroy his accusers.

As for Franken and newly found liberal morality and indignation, you can bet your left cojone that if Minnesota had a Republican governor (and thus Franken's replacement would be GOP) the scenario would have been a lot different and Franken would have been perfectly safe.

>> Franken and Conyers have the decency to bow out and you condemn them.

Did you just fit the words "Franken", "Conyers", and "decency" in the same sentence?  And I'm the hypocrite?

Decency had nothing to do with it (their departing).  Decency would have been bowing out before the writing was on the wall.  NEITHER would have vacated had it not been for the Dems deciding to now throw them under the bus after decades of turning a blind eye.  Franken's exist speech made that very clear; as did announcements coming from the Conyers camp.  To pretend otherwise is simply an exercise in self-delusion.

>> From my experience democrats have a history of purging their own.  Prominent liberal democrat Donna Frye led the push to oust mayor Bob Filner.

OK... so your example of democratic decency and purging is to hold up some obscure city council representative in San Diego.  I had to Google who the hell she (and he) was.  Out of curiosity, are the dog catchers in San Diego of equal caliber?

>> Meanwhile, whore hound David Vitter was re-elected to a full-term in the Senate.

You're obviously not very versed in Louisiana politics.  Read up on Democratic governor Edwin Edwards.

Here's a teaser...

"The only way I can lose this election is if I’m caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy." -- Edwin Edwards

>> Yeah, we'll take the high ground, thank you.

Yes... to the point of the post.  Thank you... it's about dam time.

And I'm grateful... but if you really want to impress me (and prove me wrong) do it when there are consequences... and I guess for quibble sake I must add, do it at some level of importance beyond a city in the land of fruits and nuts.
Thomas Sutrina Added Dec 7, 2017 - 5:13pm
WHERE HAVE ALL THE ACCUSERS OF TRUMP GONE?  They seem to went into witness protection after Trump won.  So what can be concludes from this?  They were actors follow a script like the Bird Dogs along the barriers and the agitators of the rallies of GOP candidates.  Project Varitas has put You-tube videos on line of those that organized such activities for pay.  And a few of the accusation had fallen apart as frauds. Or they came to the same conclusion that a few of the Al Franken's accusers, forgive him as part of being in the Hollywood creative liberal mine set.

Judge Moore only have been accused actions 40 years ago and some of them are frauds.  The two that can be verified have been not verified (year book) or debunked (blocked from being in the mall)   Thus the others are tainted.  But let us assume that are true.  What then?  The Politicians all will agree that forgiveness should be given to those released from jail including sex criminals, recovered alcoholics, drug addicts.  Now one would think that not accusations in 40 years is a clear indication that Moore has changes his ways and absolutely should be forgiven when compared to their standards I presented.
Thomas Sutrina Added Dec 7, 2017 - 5:42pm
I to see the Democrats and Republican responses and politics as usual.  No real change.  They both have been throwing Tea Party supported candidates under the bus every election.  Judge Ray Moore is a clear example of the two faced GOP leadership.

"Because of the ethical cloud surrounding Strange’s appointment, Alabama’s new governor, Kay Ivey, called a special election for 2017 instead of waiting until the November 2018 election as Bentley had scheduled  [removed from office].  "Senate Leadership Fund, an independent committee allied with McConnell that spent nearly $9 million to elect Strange and attack his rivals," of which $8 million was aimed at Moore.  "McConnell has decided to once again go after conservatives, who are sick and tired of the longest-running show in the Swamp: his “Failure Theater.” He is going after conservatives who actually mean what they say when they run for office, and want to actually get those goals accomplished — instead of saying one thing during the election season and doing another during the legislative season."  https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/in-alabama-senate-race-mcconnell-fertilizes-swamp-with-strange

Only after Trump told McConnell that the GOP can not loose a seat in the Senate has McConnell put money into getting out the GOP vote for the special Dec. 12th election.

The Tea Party Candidates have been the escape goats for a few elections.  Five TP candidates that lost seats of GOP senators that could not win their GOP primary because of the poor job they did tainted any GOP candidate.  McConnell never mentions his candidates that have lost.  Simply put a GOP candidate as lost for every Democrat Senator.  The probability of randomly picking those five TP candidates is about the same as winning the lottery for a big praise.

The GOP leadership is resisting change and as a result lost to Obama twice and did not even have a candidate for the 2016 primary in the running mid way through the contest.   When on the ballot without the GOP tainting the voters and receiving funds Tea Party candidate have a better then average chance of winning.  The poor performance suggest that the GOP leadership prefers to be RINO/ Democrats supports rather then win elections and have to govern.  The RINOs will cause the down fall of the GOP.
Leroy Added Dec 7, 2017 - 6:39pm
I can't wait until the list is leaked.  There will be members on both sides of the aisle who will bow out.  I'm betting there will be more Democrats than Republicans, but who's counting.

I expect the number of accusers against Trump to ramp up any day.  Then the Democrats and Republicans can call on him to step down.

I have to wonder where it is all going.  It will become local someday.  Any man who ever smiled at a woman in the workplace or, worse yet, complimented a woman, will be called out.  Who knows; maybe it is a plot for women to take over the world.  They can have it.
Lynn Johnson Added Dec 7, 2017 - 7:05pm
Leroy >> I can't wait until the list is leaked.

Do we have to rely on leaks to get this info?  Can't we pressure congress to release it?  I do want to see the list and then want my pound of flesh (figuratively, figuratively... not some ass or boob grab).

>> I expect the number of accusers against Trump to ramp up any day.

Whatever they think will work will be accused.  There will be no shortage of those willing to lie for the cause.  Never has been...

>> I have to wonder where it is all going.

If there is a God... the second coming.  If not... oblivion.  That's my opinion and I'm pretty well resigned and ready for either.

>> Who knows; maybe it is a plot for women to take over the world.  They can have it.

Ugggg... I don't think I would fare well in such a world.  Too rational and logical... and cuddle adverse... :)

Right on the money as usual, Leroy... thanks for the comments and being the straight-man to my smart-ass nature.
Lynn Johnson Added Dec 7, 2017 - 7:06pm
Mircea Negres...

I must admit that I too am not overly concerned with all the Hollywood (and Mainstream Media) mess for the reasons you gave.  1. Many of the actresses (and reporters) did indeed choose to prostitute themselves for the part, fame, money, job etc...  2. Many of the actresses (and reporters) who did not prostitute themselves, none-the-less remained quiet after the assaults for whatever reason.  This allowed for the system to roll along producing more lechers, prostitutes and victims.  Everybody knew; and everybody was fine with it... until they weren't.

I do have sympathy for the few who were assaulted and chose to simply give up on their careers; and the fewer who may have been traumatized into being quiet.  It is unfortunate that because of the system (created by the leftist in these industries) it is impossible to identify who they are.

As for accusation, I'm very suspicious of any claims 10, 20, or 40 years later; especially when it comes out just before an election or confirmation.

And how often is the "victim" proven to associate with her tormentor years later?  If you follow the guy to another job or associate with him in any way... I question pretty well anything you have to say. (see Anita Hill)

As for the political parties and the perverts within; it's good to see karma finally get around to them too.  I'm giving the Democrats hell for the timing and attempted appearances (over substance); but as for the behavior itself, the GOP isn't much better.
Lynn Johnson Added Dec 7, 2017 - 7:06pm
Thomas Sutrina >> WHERE HAVE ALL THE ACCUSERS OF TRUMP GONE?...

The original purpose of these accusers was to help Hillary win... failing that (to the Dems great surprise) their purpose is now to be how the left can claim moral equivalency (as FJ demonstrated above).  No one knows the whole truth (outside Trump and his accusers), but I'm a lot less sure of Donald Trump’s guilt in the matter than I am of Bill Clintons (given certain physical evidence).

The sad part is that in this political climate, if Donald Trump is 100% guilty OR if Donald Trump is 100% innocent; the accusations would be the same.  And even if he's 100% guilty; he's a saint compared to Bill Clinton.

As for Judge Moore... I have no way of knowing what the truth is; but accusations that old coming up now is very suspect to me.  I'll leave it in the capable hands of the Alabama voters to decide.  If they elect him, they (the Senate) should seat him; but get ready for a lot of stuck-pig style squealing from the Dems if they do (as if more is even possible).

Thomas Sutrina >> I to see the Democrats and Republican responses and politics as usual.  No real change.

We're totally in agreement concerning the two parties.  I was once very active the GOP but gave up on them years ago.  The GOP will never be the solution of this nation’s problems.  The nation has no hope if we don't bust up both parties; and I see little chance of that happening.

McConnell and the establishment have indeed proven they would rather lose than have their power and authority challenged by true conservatives (like the Tea Party).  They would rather have Hillary as President than Trump and would rather not deal with Senator Roy Moore.

As for the GOP, McConnell and his ilk can have it.  I'll be the RINO if that means we conservatives finally wake up and say to hell with them and form a new party.  Until we do we're no better off than the blacks beholden to the Democrats.  What has either group ever gotten from our masters?
Thomas Sutrina Added Dec 7, 2017 - 7:53pm
Steve Deace points out that today you need money to start a new party.  And the Tea Party movement has fallen apart partially because of the attacks of the swamp and deep state but equally because those deep pockets never materialized.   Steve Bannon is trying to gather some deep pockets.  He has many conservatives views but none of us or rather few are pure conservatives.  The other people that are trying of have tried to start a conservative party do not have those deep pocket and thus are going to fail.
Thomas Sutrina Added Dec 7, 2017 - 8:09pm
We need to point out the differences on Conyers and Franken.   Also Trump and Moore accusation are during an election.

Conyers accusations were from employees of Conyers.  Thus Conyers has power over an employee.   The law has tighter standard for employer employee sexual issues.

Franken accuser were to my remembrance do not contain a case of Franken as the employer and the accuser as an employer.  The actions to my knowledge is do not reach the level of criminal.

The Trump accusers is a mix but as I said a few were debunked and the rest when into hiding, witness protection.  The bus video is not involving an employee or and actual criminal action.  So it was left to the  voters.

The Moore accusers are not employees.  Gloria Alred does not want to verify the year book signature thus a forgery is likely.   Moore kicked out of the mall has been debunked.  Some of the statements of the accusers are not accurate as stated by other people that know the establishments.   The mother of one accuser said her daughter did not have a phone in her room that she said she had the conversation to Moore on.  Other errors make all the accusation suspect.

Finally the passage of time without further accusation at least means Moore grew up and changed is thinking.  Now has higher morals.
Flying Junior Added Dec 8, 2017 - 2:14am
Glad you didn't vote for Trump.  But if you didn't vote for Hillary, mathematically it means nothing.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Dec 8, 2017 - 5:18am
The cat is biting back. It is truly out of the box.  Two members of Congress down, cant wait to see the church ministers who will go.
Don Added Dec 8, 2017 - 6:44am
Don Added Dec 8, 2017 - 6:47am
Thomas yours is a good distinction.  All the coming out is supposed to be about the abuse of power,not the normal sex things like Jack Kennedy with Marilyn Monroe.
Lynn Johnson Added Dec 8, 2017 - 10:21am
TS >> Steve Deace points out that today you need money to start a new party.

Deace is right... which puts us in a catch 22 situation.  The money is with the establishment because they are the status quo guys (which the money guys support).  We need to break the status quo if we're going to solve anything, but can't do it without the money guys switching sides... which they won't do.

So whats the solution?  Root for Bannon?  I can do that.  I, for one, know that you'll never have a perfect conservative movement... I just know the Republicans are a lost cause.  Thus, continuing to try and change the Republican Party from the inside is not on the table for me anymore.

TS >> We need to point out the differences on Conyers and Franken.

I hadn’t thought about the employer/employee aspect of the equation.  Good point.

I don't think it matters... Conyers will not be held accountable to that extent.  His ouster was just one of convenience... teeing up the message the left wants to push.  He and Franken were just expendable for that cause.  Prosecution does not further that cause (it's just bad publicity) so there will be none.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

FJ >> But if you didn't vote for Hillary, mathematically it means nothing.

Maybe, but I damn sure didn't vote for Hillary.  I didn’t vote for any of the top four candidates, and all for the same reason... not conservative.

I suspect a lot of people in Alabama find themselves in the same position today.  You may decide you're not going to vote for the party you normally side with... but why assume that means you jump in bed with the devil.  Choose neither and hope that sends a message to your party for next time (however slim that hope).

The main reason I didn't vote for Trump was that I promised myself that I would not vote for a non-conservative Republican (after compromising on McCain and Romney).  I'm not a never Trumper and I'll give him a chance to change my mind for the next go-round (as I would anybody in the office).

As for the rest in the 2016 race... Hillary was the organized crime boss candidate, Gary Johnson was the libertarian dope-head candidate, and Jill Stein the absolute nut candidate.

"None of the above" really felt like the right thing to do. :)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

DG >> The cat is biting back. It is truly out of the box.

Read you post... you make some keen observations though I can't say that I completely agree.

Many (like Opher) think the U.S. is backwards for not having elected a woman President (Hillary in particular).  Hillary didn't lose because she's a woman.  She lost because she can't be trusted and the whole nation knows it.

If the right woman ran... she would win and that has been the case for decades now.

*)&^%! we elected a black man President twice despite massive incompetence for eight years.  I think we can drop the minorities and women just can't get ahead narrative.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Don >> The real reason the left is throwing their own people overboard is to pretend to now have squeaky clean decks from which to hang Moore and Trump from the yardarms.

Exactly!  To do that they identified those within their ranks that were expendable and would cost them nothing (being easily replace by likeminded people).  THAT is what is going on here.

Don >> Thomas yours is a good distinction.  All the coming out is supposed to be about the abuse of power, not the normal sex things like Jack Kennedy with Marilyn Monroe.

Exactly!  Thomas was very perceptive and informative on an aspect of all this I hadn't considered.

Having a consensual affair (or several) may be a statement on your character, but it's not criminal and not what I would call an impeachable offense.  BUT haven't I heard that Kennedy also had affairs with subordinates within his White House?

Jeff Michka Added Dec 8, 2017 - 2:27pm
Wow LJ is back and more bitter than ever:Bill Clinton should have resigned (or been removed) for either of two reasons 1) the affair with a subordinate (even if consensual) and 2) perjury.-He was impeached, rightist.  Execution would be enough for you?  You "friend" Don endorses pedophilia, and a pedophile needed to "give Trump a win" and the rich a nice xmas present.  So much for "conserv morals."  You simply don't have any...and R stuff before morals.  I realize you don't mind what accusers have said was done to them. And you stated they must be lying.  Franken should have admitted he was lame...a serial kisser?  huh?
Lynn Johnson Added Dec 8, 2017 - 3:00pm
>> Wow LJ is back and more bitter than ever:

Wow Jeff... thank you for the comment.  It is one of your better efforts; and I mean that.  You even make some valid points.

>> Bill Clinton should have resigned (or been removed) ... He was impeached, rightist.  Execution would be enough for you?

Bill Clinton was impeached, true enough... but he was not convicted by the Senate that would have removed him from office.  That should have happened.  In truth, it never should have gotten that far.  His party should have pressured him to resign (as some are finally admitting decades later); for the two reasons, I listed.

Execution... of course not.  Prison (for rape) absolutely; not to mention all the other crimes he and Hillary perpetrated after he left office.

>> You "friend" Don endorses pedophilia, and a pedophile needed to "give Trump a win" and the rich a nice xmas present.

I missed that endorsement by Don; but I guess you're just reading (what you want) between the lines on the Roy Moore accusations.

Don, Thomas, and I question the timing of 40-year-old accusations.  It is very valid to do so.

I'm not so naive as to pretend all the accusations against my guys are erroneous and all the accusations against yours are true.  I'll do my best to take each on their own merits.

>> I realize you don't mind what accusers have said was done to them.  And you stated they must be lying.

>> Franken should have admitted he was lame... a serial kisser?  huh?

I don't care what Franken admits... as long as he leaves.

Dave Volek Added Dec 8, 2017 - 4:48pm
Leroy sez:
I have to wonder where it is all going.

Maybe this is a trend to more monogamy.

Or maybe the whole thing will blow over in a year's time.

Jeff Michka Added Dec 8, 2017 - 5:06pm
LJ sez: Bill Clinton was impeached, true enough... but he was not convicted by the Senate-Ah, so the Senate's ruling wasn't "harsh enough" for Lynn regarding Bill Clinton.  Become a Senator, then you can make decisions you like. LOL OppoR would have a field day with you, I'm sure.
Jeff Michka Added Dec 8, 2017 - 5:14pm
LJ's "justice" rave falls down: It's has been obvious that Franken is a despicable human being and that was before the all this pervert stuff came out.  Good riddance...And yet then you say: I stated (literally) "I have no way of knowing what the truth is..."; nor do you.  I also said let the voters of Alabama decide; and I'll stand by that.-But Franken should go, why not let the voters in MN decide?  Franken well may run again.  Could it be your concern is really the D after "serial kisser/boob grabber Franken's name over kid f***er Roy Moore's name with a R after it?AND to words indicating that, again: It's has been obvious that Franken is a despicable human being and that was before the all this pervert stuff came out.  Good riddance...What made him despicable was that D, WASN'T IT?  Think that qualifies as political hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty.

Dr. Rupert Green Added Dec 8, 2017 - 5:40pm
@Dave. "I think we are the verge of a profound sociological change. It will be harder for men (and women) who are sexual consenting players to play their game of finding each other to get some nooky. What might be constituted as part of the promiscuous game by some will be regarded as an unwanted sexual advance by others. So if you play the game enough times, you will get caught eventually."

Perhaps the intent is to have men exploring manholes. The new order of relation ship where the traditional one is excommunicated.
Lynn Johnson Added Dec 8, 2017 - 8:06pm
Dave >> I think we are the verge of a profound sociological change... harder to play their [swinging] game.

Very likely... especially in the short term.

Dave >> Maybe this is a trend to more monogamy.

Now... you're just being silly... :)

Dr. Green >> Perhaps the intent is to have men exploring manholes...

Now... you (Dr. Green) are just being gross...
Lynn Johnson Added Dec 8, 2017 - 8:06pm
JM >> Ah, so the Senate's ruling wasn't "harsh enough" for Lynn regarding Bill Clinton.

That is pretty well what I said, yes.

JM >> Become a Senator, then you can make decisions you like.

Wouldn't have the job.  Maybe I'll just vote for the guys I want there; those who will uphold their oaths of office.

JM >> But Franken should go, why not let the voters in MN decide?  Franken well may run again.

I'm OK with that.  Would even enjoy the show.

JM >> Could it be your concern is really the D after "serial kisser/boob grabber Franken's name over Roy Moore's name with a R after it?

The D does indeed concern me.  But, as I've demonstrated in the last the election the R means less and less to me every year.

JM >> What made him despicable was that D, WASN'T IT?

No... it was his dick behavior and dishonesty.

JM >> Think that qualifies as political hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty.

Nope... just common sense. :)

Again... JM, I do appreciate your restraint in your comments.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Dec 9, 2017 - 1:40am
@ Johnson. Dr. Green >> Perhaps the intent is to have men exploring manholes...

Now... you (Dr. Green) are just being gross...

Are you saying a practice protected by the Constitution is gross or is my explicating harkening  visualization that churns your stomach?
Lynn Johnson Added Dec 9, 2017 - 12:08pm
DG >> Are you saying a practice protected by the Constitution is gross

No… I’m saying a practice NOT protected by the Constitution is gross.

DG >> Or is my explicating harkening visualization that churns your stomach?

wsucram15 Added Dec 9, 2017 - 12:38pm
This is NOT about the LEFT..or the RIGHT.
IT IS ABOUT MEN..who have abused WOMEN, for years.  Oh and some political people found it advantageous to expose all of this now.
But it is equally improper on both sides of the isle AND Hollywood and all over the country.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Dec 9, 2017 - 12:58pm
wsucram15 is right.

I don't bother to look into the Moore thing myself (ain't from Alabama), but I am a bit suspicious that so much fuss is made about a yearbook. Either he groped or raped a woman/girl or not. To talk about yearbook entries is not going to shed light on the case and the media is not terribly good making clear what the point is. That includes Breitbart this time.

Until there is clear evidence that Moore or any other politician have behaved immorally (maybe a witness of an accusers earlier attempts to talk about it) their campaigns shouldn't be tarnished.
wsucram15 Added Dec 9, 2017 - 1:28pm
sorry..somehow..the a is not on aisle.   You know.."both sides of the aisle.
Thomas Sutrina Added Dec 9, 2017 - 1:47pm
wsucram15, you partially right it should be, " ABOUT MEN..who have abused WOMEN, for years."   But that is not the discussion.  The discussion is keeping MY POWER, the women be dammed.

Progressivism, Liberalism, or Socialism, what ever your preferred title, places group needs and goals over individuals.  Examples: Slavery is the group of business over individuals.   Segregation is the continuation for the slavery turning into indentured servitude.  And after the style of the south's indentured servitude ended the Democratic party doubled down on northern style of indentured servitude, purchase votes of their ghettos handing out welfare that often was life long.  The black community went from almost exclusively voting for the party of Lincoln to almost exclusively voting for FDR's northern style of indenturement started and still does today.

So long as those involve in promoting the needs and goal then individual rights can be stepped on.  The people we see in the news identified as Progressives, Liberals, or Socialist are able drivers of the agenda so they have earned the right to use other people, disregard individual rights, women right in this case.

Anything is acceptable to go after President Trump and Roy Moore because to defeat them is to forward the agenda.  Just look at the news since November 2016 and that has been the case.   We see the disregard for the law, which is based on individual rights, by those that can be identified with the agenda.  It even includes Republicans that campaigned on what the voters wanted to hear and disregarded them once elected.   The swamp is the new name for those promoting the agenda.
wsucram15 Added Dec 9, 2017 - 1:52pm
Thomas..I dont care what you were talking about...I commented Lynn and anyone who thinks this is a Leftist conversation.
As far as "ABOUT MEN..who have abused WOMEN, for years."  What the hell do you know about this topic?  That IS THE DISCUSSION!  Im here and its all anyone is talking about.
There is NO left or right in this topic...NONE.
Lynn Johnson Added Dec 9, 2017 - 2:23pm
wsucram >> This is NOT about the LEFT..or the RIGHT.

It is not my intent in this post to imply harassment and abuse is leftist only thing.  Men are pigs no matter their political leanings.

The focus of this post was originally on the political aspects of the abuse (and Hollywood was naturally introduced in the comments).

The point of this post was that the left only acted when there were no consequences and I explained why there were no consequences.  (They lose practically nothing by throwing Franken and Conyers under the bus.)

I further argue that this decision to ignore the abuse for years if not decades allowed for the abuse to flourish.  If delayed action is occurring on the right... I see no such current examples.  As for harassment itself occurring on the right... I have no doubt.

BG >> I don't bother to look into the Moore thing myself...

I am not overly informed on it myself.  I guess the yearbook might prove they knew each other... but that's about as far as I see it.

BG >> I have noticed people talking about the timing of such accusations. There is no blame to cast on the women. The dirty media will only listen to them when it is strategically relevant for them.

Now that is a very good point... especially in this case.  It is definitely a plausible explanation for why now.

Thomas Sutrina Added Dec 9, 2017 - 3:29pm
wsucram15 I do get you angry.  Usually not wanting to hear the truth does that.   I am happy to be your truth teller and happy it is 2000s.

Reading about Martin Luther since Nov. was the 500th anniversary of the posting of subjects for an academic debate.   The church/state of the Holy Roman Empire made him a heretic and to be bound over for burning at the stake after the Worms meeting, recant or burn yes/no?  He gave them a few paragraphs.  But what saved his life was that the printers published what he was saying, thousands of pamphlets, for a full year and the citizens agreed with Luther.  They won the first war, realized the wars would never end to allowed Protestantism.  Vatican II put in place Luther's ideas.

Progressivism, Liberalism, or Socialism is now out in the open for all to see the good bad and ugly parts.  So far it is not getting a warm acceptance.   I compare it to the state of the Catholic Church and the state enablers of Luther's time.
Don Added Dec 9, 2017 - 10:01pm
While many of you are hyperventilating about pediphelia, keep in mind that 40 years ago, marriage at age 14 was legal—that under today’s psychologists’ diagnostic manual, pedophilia is 13 and under.  The media never informs people of this..
Thomas Napers Added Dec 10, 2017 - 4:06am
Regarding Clinton, I don’t think his personal life is any business of the public’s.  Accordingly, no man should be expected to admit they are having an affair with a consenting adult, which means, I give him a pass for “lying.”  Lying is in quotes because he technically didn’t lie as blow jobs are not the same thing as sexual intercourse.
Ric Wells Added Dec 10, 2017 - 5:36am
They all have to go. Everyone of them. If they are in office now they are corrupt. Time to drain the cesspool.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Dec 10, 2017 - 9:24am
@Lynn. "No… I’m saying a practice NOT protected by the Constitution is gross.

DG >> Or is my explicating harkening visualization that churns your stomach?

Sorry Lynn, I did not know you were such a sensitive fellow. Please do not watch TV during prime time with a young child. You may get red-faced.
Lynn Johnson Added Dec 10, 2017 - 9:57am
TN >> Regarding Clinton, I don’t think his personal life is any business of the public’s.

That was the rationalization at the time.  One some former enablers are reconsidering now that a) decades have passed, b) there are no consequences, c) they think the Clintons are done politically AND d) it is now in vogue to hold such perverts accountable (see #MeToo).  We have an aligning of the planets so to speak.

TN >> Accordingly, no man should be expected to admit they are having an affair with a consenting adult

Fair enough... and I'm assuming a young subordinate (intern) in the office is A-OK too (as long as she's +18).  And can we assume that's good for all politicians, college professors, corporate big-wigs, and even mid-management bosses across America?

Can we finally assume (even hope) you have no daughters or sisters (or any young women you care about) in the work force?

And then there was the perjury, for which many go to prison every year?  It's OK to commit that crime, IF it's about sex?  Right?

TN >> Lying is in quotes because he technically didn’t lie as blow jobs are not the same thing as sexual intercourse.

Yes... that was one of his defenses... along with his linguistic gymnastics concerning what the definition of "is" is.

TN >> [repeating] ... blow jobs are not the same thing as sexual intercourse.

Ahhh... hear that ladies?  Blow jobs don't count.

To paraphrase (and rip-off) Johnny Cochran...

If there's no penetration; it's a different situation.

If he didn't $^*U the lass, give him a pass.

TN >> which means, I give him a pass for “lying.”

Yes... and thank you so much for explaining why.  I always enjoy such threesome demonstrations of rationalization, linguistics, and "logic".

Logic is in quotes because, technically, penetration of the concept is in question. :)

Lynn Johnson Added Dec 10, 2017 - 1:36pm
DG >> Sorry Lynn, I did not know you were such a sensitive fellow.

From my writing... I would think that is obvious. :)  Now that you know (of my sensitive nature), please refrain from such graphic innuendo.

DG >> Please do not watch TV during prime time with a young child. You may get red-faced.

Done and done.  I haven’t been a prime-time TV consumer and many, many years.

I lost my remote a month or two ago… but luckily the channel was already on Fox News.  :)  Now, I’m just easing back in my chair envisioning the steam emitting from certain posters ears… niiiiiccce. :)
Don Added Dec 10, 2017 - 2:05pm
I am writing this as a board-certified psychologist. Though it will not matter to the Roy Moore lynch mobs, even if he did what he is being accused of, he was not a pedophile.

First of all, until recently it was perfectly legal to court and marry a 14-year old in Alabama.

Second, 16 years old was the age of consent. So it was perfectly legal to date 16 year olds. (The rape story has pretty much been discounted.)

Even applying today’s standards, the ICD 10, the diagnostic manual we use to diagnose emotional problems uses 13 years old and below as the cut off for Pedophilia.

Therefore anyone who accuses Roy Moore of Pedophilia is actually guilty of slander even if he did anything.
Tamara Wilhite Added Dec 12, 2017 - 7:13pm

Don Thank you for the expert opinion.
Thomas Sutrina Added Dec 12, 2017 - 7:45pm
I did not write the TN>> please delete it.