WB Political Commentary

Being one of the few women and also one of the few so-called, “liberals” on this page, I hear many insults. Some call us snowflakes, but have you ever noticed, when you get A LOT of snowflakes it causes a storm? Sometimes a really bad storm..with tons of damage, but typically the snowflake is kind and beautiful like the picture above (real snowflake).   I used to get really upset about it but realized I write my articles for me and I stay on the page because I like writing, and there are a couple of people that are really good writers I enjoy reading.  I’ve been on here a long time, had my debates and only get really testy about a couple of things, politics isn’t one of them.  It, like a movie is all smoke and mirrors, its fake and about people most of us do not know.  It’s not worth the time.  But what is it your parents used to say? Don’t discuss politics or religion?  Well I believe on this page..its pretty much all on the table and sometimes that cause a “little” tension.    I  don’t agree with the politics in America right now, but it is still better than that of many countries. I’m going to defend that,  but not much else because I believe in the document on which this country was founded has been largely ignored for too long.

So I hear some drama on here about being a “liberal”, which is fine, but Im not sure when being open to discussing ideas, doing research to understand a topic, not  believing in a person I feel is bad or NOT being of a mindset with any specific party is Liberal. I also don’t understand why anything perceived to be “bad” is automatically attributed to leftists or liberals.  I want to see some proof of this cursory thought process.  Is it coming from facts..lets see the DATA.  I don’t care about your opinionated source…I want facts. Then we can talk.

I am a registered Democrat, which I get some personal ribbing about since many of my close friends are Republicans.   We differ on some issues and in fact I think some of them are more liberal in some areas than I am.  So I call myself a conservative liberal.  I never vote on a party line, I did not this last election and I will not the next election.   I have voted for the best candidate in my opinion, whether Democrat, Republican or Independent in every election since I was able to vote.  I don’t believe that one person is better than another based on the premise of foundation attributed to their “party”.   I registered that way in my state because it is primarily democratic and I want to vote in the Primaries, specifically against what I felt were the “good ol boys”, in fact, I worked with a group to stop a VERY popular candidate (a shoe in) from being elected two years ago.   Its pretty simple. I feel bad for those of you that don’t comprehend that line of thinking, but get used to it, it would seem a larger and larger % of Americans feel the same way I do.  Its called being independent.  Ive spoken to many former Republicans who are also now Independent.

On my local elections though, I am quite serious…I get very involved. I have worked campaigns up to the gubernatorial.   I have worked with my local Congressman both on his campaign and in speaking engagements.  Also as you can see from the most recent elections more people are doing.

I encourage everyone to get involved on this level, it isn’t time consuming if you don’t allow it to be and you can contribute and try to help out in your community. It’s a preference of mine far above Washington politics. But I have dealt with that also, and its just not my thing I guess.  You get to know people though and it is interesting to follow from a distance when possible.

It has been my opinion for some time now that the major problem in government is of course the people behind the scenes that control the agenda for the Congress via PACs. In 2010, Things in Washington changed due to a landmark Supreme Court case called Citizens United ( a PAC btw) vs Federal Trade Commission. FTC..lost in 5-4 decision.  Simply put, this allowed for Corporations (as people)  and people themselves to donate large sums of money to candidates. Allowing for spending to be expanded as “free speech” and virtually limitless.  The price tag for 2016..6.8 BILLION.  Seriously we could have helped fund some things, pay down debt (not much but some), fixed necessary items, help school kids, IDK..thats a good chunk of change that is wasted on people who are already rich enough to pay for the campaign themselves.  Don’t think Trump did his either, Mercer  funded his campaign and other “Trump functions” until recently.

This is not about Democrats or Republicans, as they are both equally guilty.

So far several States have re-written laws to counter balance the federal law, but many have been repealed or challenged in the SC and overturned.  Only a few states (12) remain with campaign (loose) laws on the books  and if you want to know what is happening and the problems…THIS IS IT!   Work with your state legislature OR work with a group to pressure Congress to change the SC law.  Ive been working on this for 3 years..we don’t have enough people that understand the problem.   Although 2 years ago, Congress had legislation prepared to move forward, it died in the House.

This is what is stalling congress, one of the reasons why your political parties are so divided and why things are NOT being done for the people anymore.  You can’t blame this on one side or the other.. because it is both taking the money and more importantly, they have to work for it.   You can call it “deep state” or whatever trendy name you like.   IT is about the power of those with money to control our elected officials, changing the officials most likely wont help.  However, more recently, some People are making changes at the State and local levels in elections as multiple seats have flipped to even the playing field and we can perhaps begin with new people that have actually FOUGHT for change.

This entire argument is about nothing more…but greed. I will add one more thing, which you as a citizen should ponder…”Endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights…. That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men…. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. … Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while Evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the Forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long Train of Abuses and Usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a Design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their Right, it is their Duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence (1776).

The resistance and women in general have stood up for generations but are coming into their own with new generations of women from all ethnicities, religious and political beliefs.  There are almost as many men standing alongside these women in respect both for themselves and their country.  No one I have spoken to wants anything but change, from the big money and money changers in power to the people, the ones that care about its citizenry and how we can make things better.

Both Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln referred to the “right of revolution” As the Declaration of Independence says, governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed. Thus if the mass of the people felt the need to break the existing Constitution & create a new form of government, the right to do that inheres in the mass of the people themselves. The US Constitution is not self-justifying so no reference to the Constitution is required.

The US Constitution itself was imposed through a process that was illegal at the time. The Constitutional convention, which was held in secret, had no legal authority to replace the then existing constitution — Articles of Confederation — with the new one. So it was a kind of coup d’etat, especially when one considers all the former officers of the revolutionary army in attendance. State conventions were held to ratify but only one-eighth of the adult population at the time had the right to vote. Hardly democracy at work.

Comments

opher goodwin Added Dec 20, 2017 - 2:35pm
Jeanne - he was outright wrong and there was no excuse. He should apologise. It was uncalled for.
wsucram15 Added Dec 20, 2017 - 3:15pm
My next article was going to be on the work we did to stop net neutrality and the Tax scam but Ill post that later.
So if you guys just look at the Time article I posted and stop being afraid of a thing you might misunderstand, You might begin to understand some things.  In 2011, it was ALL about the protestors on the cover.
First Williams assessment of women in "pussy hats" is ridiculous.
Dismiss all you want..look at the history of Time magazine and who makes the cover for person of the year.  This year it was the women and their resistance.  The ones who dont stand down.  It was not begun by Trump, it was begun by the resistance and you need to understand the resistance (which is the the government _specifically GOP in power overall) before you speak.  Most dont like Trump but understand he is the President and show him as much respect as many of you white guys showed Obama.  It is what it is...

If you look over the past year, much has been stopped by women, many men as well (you guys on here call it liberals-but its not) and thats great, but its a huge movement.  In fact, it two women that began the idea for the womens march in which pushed the momentum. But then, we got a set of very effective directions to motivate and fight back.  It worked.  The rest just blew open..one piece at a time.

Its not the only mention you will see...people have stood up against everything this year.  Republican seats are flipping to democrats AND some to women, more than ever before. Specifically at the State and Local levels which is what was encouraged.   Much more work to be done, but be sure, its being done.

Right now, I have worked with people that are stepping up to fight back. People that dont need to do this.  I have met Ruffalo in DC, Moore, Sarandon.  Spoken with Rosie, Cher, Senator Sanders, Senator Warren,  Rose McGowen ,and Alyssa Milano, who really pushed me into going back out this year. No joke.
This is about people who fight back..everyday people who speak up, Trump people..Liberals..true conservatives..educated people..blue collar people that need a break.  Its about the people.. not just women and not just liberals.
wsucram15 Added Dec 20, 2017 - 3:18pm
Opher..Im not mad.  I just wrote this in response to Williams article in which he mentions Carole, which is something we all agreed to stop when we ALMOST LOST THE PAGE.

Jeffrey Kelly Added Dec 20, 2017 - 4:08pm
I was wondering where William’s article came from....
Utpal Patel Added Dec 20, 2017 - 4:11pm
This is the silliest article. To summarize why, Carole wrote an article.  Then William wrote an article regarding Carole’s article and now you’re writing an article about something William said about Carole.  It seems to me all of you should be speaking to Carole, or at the very least, each other.
Dave Volek Added Dec 20, 2017 - 4:18pm
Jeanne

While interacting on WB, I am guided by a wise Persian saying: "If you stop to throw stones at all the dogs who are barking at you, you won't get very far." WB has its fair share of barking dogs, but it also has streets and avenues worthy of stopping to partake in some great discussion.

I have had some interesting discussion with William--even though I don't agree him. But I am also male, so he might be treating me differently.

I had taken in some of the conversation you have cited. Not knowing the full context, I decided not to participate.

Even as little as five years ago, I had thought the battle for gender equality had been more or less won, and we were just mopping up the last vestiges of male superiority. Shortly after I posted this article, I began to realize that the war is not exactly won.

A few years back, a popular Canadian journalist faced charges of sexual assault from several women. While he was acquitted of the charges, it was still obvious that he enjoyed some control and domination over women. If this "nice guy," a highly respected and well paid professional, was of this mindset--and could seemingly get away with it, then how much have we really accomplished in terms of gender equality?

Even if an advance has been rejected and the man backs down, the incident still puts the man in a domineering position. If the two are working together, it is sullied working relationship. Those paying the wages are not getting full value.

I have not been too surprised of this recent rash of women coming forward of men trying to dominate a working relationship. It was powderkeg with a lit fuse. As you have alluded to, I believe we are on the cusp of a new and higher level of gender equality.

wsucram15 Added Dec 20, 2017 - 4:19pm
I tried..then he wrote and article..so I replied.  Utpal..it is stupid.  But he is going to stop insulting women because he thinks he has the right.
Leroy Added Dec 20, 2017 - 8:56pm
I had a similar reaction with I read the original article.  William stated the feeling much more elegantly than I ever could.
wsucram15 Added Dec 20, 2017 - 9:19pm
Leroy... I know you and I dont agree on many things, but to my recollection you are not disrespectful.  These are my opinions Leroy..its ok to be respectful and not comment.
Also I thought about what Utpal said...it is beneath me to write something like that so I took it down. Not for him..for me.

George N Romey Added Dec 21, 2017 - 7:48am
Some people just have to believe in extremes. Trump might be savvy on a certain level but clearly he’s outgunned in DC politics which is a match of wits. Bill Clinton for his many, many warts was the last President that had the chops for the job. Since then it’s been nearly 17 years of a clown show. Obama for all his talk was seen by Wall Street a mile away. And Obama ran right into their arms.

No matter what they might like to infer on cable news just about every politician is controlled by the Deep State-the MIC, Wall Street and the City of London and big corporate. I think Sanders would have tried to be different but given the way the Clinton machine used and abused him I doubt that when push came to shove he could have effected change. An FDR he wasn’t.
Leroy Added Dec 21, 2017 - 8:23am
I'm confused.
Dino Manalis Added Dec 21, 2017 - 8:29am
I'm a registered Democrat, too, but they're too liberal for me, progressives should make progress!
wsucram15 Added Dec 21, 2017 - 8:51am
Check this out-MEMPHIS (the rebel south) grows balls, sells the property so the new owners can remove confederate statues.  OMG.
Awesome
Sorry to deviate but this is good.
wsucram15 Added Dec 21, 2017 - 9:08am
Unfortunately George, I have to agree.  I only liked a couple of things Obama did and somehow after every thing they were put through, they brought some dignity to the White House again.

But every President has flaws and they have good points. Im sure in time, I will be able to see what Trump has done. I cant see it now though, I just see all the damage done by his cronyism and thats just a start.

As far as Bernie..ehhh not sure about that. I think more was going on there besides just Clinton.  But you are right, and I have said this previously, honest people cant make it in DC.  Even dishonest people need beware, DC is a whole other monster.
Here is the new face of DC and the tax plan benefactors-
this is hilarious...watch whole thing.  Face of GOP and tax cuts- this is being deleted everywhere.  OMG and you thought Trump was bad.

George N Romey Added Dec 21, 2017 - 10:30am
Jeanne when the deficit soars to $1.5 to $2 trillion annually and Americans are still waiting for those good paying full time jobs while the rich have gotten richer there's going to be lots of "esplaining" to do.
Steve Ford Added Dec 21, 2017 - 10:56am
There are two things that will change the nature of our dialogue for the better.
1. A willingness to compromise... A recognition and acceptance of the notion that in a society of diverse ideas, nobody gets everything they want. By definition, compromise cannot work unilaterally.
2. Empathy... That is, a genuine effort to understand the viewpoint of those who are different. This can be helpful even when applied unilaterally, although it works best when practiced by all involved.
There are some who reject both of these concepts. They choose instead to make war with those who are different. It takes a lot of strength and stamina for empathetic people willing to compromise to engage with war makers.
Bill H. Added Dec 21, 2017 - 11:08am

Jeanne - Of course the Koch's were in on this, as were all of the big players (oil, health insurance, etc). Exactly why they wanted it rammed thru before the people were able to see the details.
I can't believe that people really believe companies will share their tax windfalls with their employees, or hire additional employees.
Of course, we are seeing the smokescreen being played by both AT&T and Comcast relating to bonuses designed to convince the Sheep that it is working. One can only wonder how that came about.
Multiple companies announced $70 billion in share buybacks just in the 10 days following the Senate tax bill’s first passage on Dec. 2, just as expected.
Jim Perlow Added Dec 21, 2017 - 11:26am
As former womanizer President Bill Clinton said " It's all about the economy."   12 months after election of President Donald Trump and the economy is doing just - well its doing great.  Can not tell you how long its been since I've seen so much growth in my IRA.  If this continues, I feel confident, others on the fence who were Never Trumper's, will re-elect him in 2020.  On the other hand, if the economy falters, they will not.  Anything else the media attempts to side track us with, is just annoying noise.
Cliff M. Added Dec 21, 2017 - 11:31am
Bill, When the bullshit clears the republicans have made their own bed. They have a long time to keep lipstick on this pig before the midterms. It is hard to believe that policy similar to what has not worked to stimulate growth for a long time would be effective now.We may have reached the point in the economic cycle where an increase in growth may occur but it will have minimal to do with recent legislature.
Jeanne, The easiest way to stay out of the pissing contest's is to just don't take the bait. Most people are liberal, conservative or moderate depending on the issue.Many will not admit it.
Katharine Otto Added Dec 21, 2017 - 11:33am
Jeanne,
For individuals--not just women--to fight back, they first need to understand the problem, from more than just a TV-educated point of view.  I see you as helping to understand the problem.

I also appreciate your comment about how the US Constitution was enacted.  You are the first I've seen to suggest the Constitution was not the heaven-directed document other people revere.  And, as inspired as the Declaration of Independence was, it is not the law of the land.

My memory of history may be fuzzy, but I believe the corporations' first coup regarding status as individuals came through "trust buster" Teddy Roosevelt against Standard Oil.  That's when they got their foothold in American politics as significant influencers of Congress.  Since then the lobbyists write much of the legislation.  I'm told AT&T wrote the legislation for the latest consolidation of assets, and it has grown from there.

I wonder who wrote the legislation for the ethanol mandate.  ADM, perhaps.  That, to me, is more dangerous than individual political campaign donations, because I suspect political donors contribute equally to Democrats and Republicans to push their agendas.

I admire your efforts to work at local and regional levels, and to educate people about the facts.  I, too, have made attempts to work locally but have only succeeded in making everyone hate me, considering how corrupt our local governments are.  They are all in each others' pockets, as well as in taxpayers'.
The Burghal Hidage Added Dec 21, 2017 - 12:03pm
Mind your chickens :) I've taken more to dogs of late. I like dogs because they have the good sense to know that when something smells bad you don't swallow it. But then it all comes down to one's individual tastes, doesn't it? For dogs, like humans, will at times swallow some unbelievably grotesque things.
Dave Volek Added Dec 21, 2017 - 12:53pm
Katherine
There's a popular book called "Lies My Teacher Told Me". It about how history lessons in the United States have become distorted at the high school level. One aspect of these lies is the history of the American Constitution. It is portrayed as the perfect document created by perfect men and therefore should last for eternity.

I have written about the flaws of the America constitution.

I have read the article of independence. While this document outlines the grievances the Americans had of their British governors, it's not hard to find the historical events where the USA violated those same principles in their relations with other countries.

History lessons at the American colleges are much different than high school.

Ari Silverstein Added Dec 21, 2017 - 3:50pm
In being a Jew and a conservative, I’d argue I receive the greatest amount of insults.  The ratio of liberals to conservatives to easily 2 to 1.  And if there is one thing I’ve noticed about liberals, they almost always resort to ad hominem attack.
wsucram15 Added Dec 21, 2017 - 4:55pm
Steve..this is directly for you.  I spent the first 6 months of 2017 listening, recording and taking notes so I could understand and have empathy for others. Also so when I protested or worked with progressives, I might present another perspective and help someone see that just because Trump is who he is doesnt mean each individual is the same.
It worked for awhile and it helped some people, but after time, it became very stressful.
EVERYONE has to work together...until that happens the people with apathy ignore your empathy and some (not all) refuse to compromise.
Ari..I would say the liberal ratio is higher than that and I disagree,  remember they get accused of being PC all the time (cant have that both ways).  Are Liberals politically correct or do they attack you personally?  I actually have been insulted on here more by Republican men than any other type of person.  But just on here.
wsucram15 Added Dec 21, 2017 - 5:01pm
George and BillH...I cant believe people are that stupid either.  I got a  glimpse of the bill.  2019 should rock everyone's socks. Cant wait!  You have to loo at the links..the kid is hysterical. He makes VERY EXPENSIVE shirts with money bags, handcuffs, dollar signs, trees, etc..on them.

Jim..the economy has not been affected by Trump enough for you to give him full credit for anything.  Lets see two years from now, what his polices have done...then we can talk. It does take awhile for things to take affect.
wsucram15 Added Dec 21, 2017 - 5:10pm
Katharine;
Thank you and yes you are correct.  I doubt too many people read that far, I would have had more comments on that one..lol.  You cant care what people think...if you did, you would curl up in a ball.  Protesting and working to make things better involves educating people even when they don't want it.

Try going into the city and walking down the street in protest during the Baltimore riots..talking to the kids trying to make them not hate white people and understand the press made them look bad. Yeah.. there were quite a few of us working on that one.

Dave good one..it is flawed. But that still doent mean that it should be walked all over like its not there.  It is something that needs to be discussed by educated people. However, we dont seem to have anyone educated that isnt influenced by the Koch brothers or some other deep pocketed idiot.

Guys..I am a law major...working on my masters.  I have a real problem with  goof balls manipulating the only things we have to suit their pockets.  IT has got to stop before we break.

wsucram15 Added Dec 21, 2017 - 5:11pm
Cliff..touche'
wsucram15 Added Dec 21, 2017 - 5:15pm
TBH..what the hell are you talking about.  I will say..since you made the comment first..you do have to watch what you swallow.  The grotesque is a side show..if you are into that.  lol
Cliff M. Added Dec 21, 2017 - 6:45pm
A friend of mine once said" Life's a Shit Sandwich and everyday You Take A Bite". A good look at the menu can save a lot of grief.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Dec 21, 2017 - 8:00pm
LOL, got a live one.  Another whackaloon right-winger who thinks Liberals/Democrats are out to scalp them and drink their blood.

Hey, SFC?  Try a thicker tin foil hat.
Cliff M. Added Dec 21, 2017 - 9:22pm
See any republican congressmen with wide stances lately?
Cliff M. Added Dec 21, 2017 - 9:45pm
SFC,  Great Rant! Well Done.
Bill H. Added Dec 21, 2017 - 9:49pm
We gotta fun one here!
SFC MAC is gonna be fun if she hangs around for a while
Just what the Orange Buffoon ordered!
Another "Right"/"Left" programmed Zombie.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Dec 21, 2017 - 10:54pm
I will, SFC.  Well, I’ll enjoy 2021 when the orange anus is unceremoniously booted from the White House.  It’ll take another four years to air his stink out of the Oval Office.
Bill H. Added Dec 22, 2017 - 1:29am
Jeffrey - I seriously doubt if Trump will still be in office by the middle of '18.
I'm guessing he will probably resign before facing procedures for obstruction of justice, or drop dead of a heart attack or stroke- judging by the tone of his skin color and occasional speech slur.
MAC, when are you going to figure out that Trump is manipulating the country for his own good.
I mean, hellooooooooooooooooooooooooo?

Mark Hunter Added Dec 22, 2017 - 4:09am
From what I've seen, both side think they're the ones who are the most insulted and put upon, just as most (but not all) tend to think they're completely, 100% in the right (um, in the correct) about everything. That's why, although I pay close attention to politics despite wishing I didn't have to, I rarely talk politics anywhere online anymore. It just makes everyone defensive and on the attack, no one listens to anyone else, and life's just too short.

I will give the opinion that most people are neither far left nor far right, nor do they care to argue politics; it's just that the ones who like to argue are the ones you hear from.
Leroy Added Dec 22, 2017 - 5:11am
"Well, I’ll enjoy 2021 when the orange anus is unceremoniously booted from the White House.  It’ll take another four years to air his stink out of the Oval Office."

The racism here is astounding.  Just imagine if we substituted "orange" with "black" and "2021" with "2017." That's the best some people can do; discriminate based on color.  They don't even realize that they are racists.
George N Romey Added Dec 22, 2017 - 8:11am
I’d say that if Trump does survive over the next year he will win this battle against the Democrats and likely be re-elected given the Democratic Party has no real alternative to offer.

Now maybe Americans will realize how these tax cuts really do screw them or maybe the make believe economy we have finally falls apart. But as history has shown there’s no shortage of Americans willing to support those that shaft them time and time again. Think George Bush.
Cliff M. Added Dec 22, 2017 - 9:45am
George,  I don't see anyone especially Trump who is related to corporate republican wing having any traction in the near future.
George N Romey Added Dec 22, 2017 - 10:34am
The problem Cliff is that Trump will point to the "great job numbers" even though its all bullshit.  Typical gullible Americans will believe that if must be "them" as they are told the economy and job market are doing great.  Look at the way both Bush and Obama lied through their teeth and some Americans just ate it up.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Dec 22, 2017 - 11:11am
@SFC Mack:

”Aw wassa matta Jeff?”

Not a damn thing. I’m enjoying watching Thud implode.

“Are you all butthurt because Hildabeast didn't win?”

Why do Trumplings always ask me if my butt hurts? I find it very odd. I thought the lot of you didn’t like connecting men’s butts to being hurt.
To your question, no, my butt is just fine and I voted for Hilary because the alternative was far worse.
Surprise!!!! It is!!!!

“Don't like it because you didn't get an Obama 2.0 to continue destroying the country?”

Was it better to get a buggy Thud? Nope.

“Trump is reversing the damage.”
Trump is causing enough damage that it will take my children decades to fix it.

“I will enjoy the next 7 years. Immensely.”

Newsflash, Trumpling. What did Alabama and Virginia teach us? That the grassroots is up and doing fine. Hell, they’re even electing Democrats, even a lesbian, in my redder than red state. It’s fantastic and guess who we have to thank for that???
Why, Thud!!!!!!

“Now, don't you have a safespace to run off to, snowflake?”

LOL, look at my face, Trumpling. Do I look like someone who needs a “safespace?”

A few things going forward:
1) I’m not a shrinking violet, Trumpling. I debate racists and Holocaust deniers on-line. Trumplings hold no fear for me.
2) The biggest ❄️S I find are Trumplings who get all weepy when you bag on the Great White Hope. Really, the biggest ❄️ of them all is Thud himself.
3) When I say “Trumpling” it’s a term of contempt. I reserve it for those who think Thud walks on water.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Dec 22, 2017 - 11:29am
@Leroy:

”The racism here is astounding.”

IKR?  Trumplings show their racism all the time.

“Just imagine if we substituted "orange" with "black" and "2021" with "2017."

Why would we do that?  “Orange” is not a recognized ethnic identity.

Just between you and me, I think Thud fake bakes or gets a spray-on tan.

“That's the best some people can do; discriminate based on color.”

It’s not discrimination.  I mean, he is both:
1) Orange
2) An anus

“They don't even realize that they are racists.”

IKR?  I mean, Trumplings would just be better off letting their racist flag fly.  It works for Billy.  He even posts crappy videos on YouTube about it.
Bill H. Added Dec 22, 2017 - 12:13pm
Jeffrey - Looks like you got her all spun up!
These Trumpies just keep going on about Hillary and Obama as an obsession. I was no fan of either one, but they seem to love to hate in the same manner that their Orange Buffoon hero loves to hate.
What Trump needs to concentrate on is his present (as of today) meager 35% approval rating, which is by far, the worst first-year approval rating of any president in recent history (since 1953) and possibly earlier.
MAC - you need to get a life.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Dec 22, 2017 - 12:27pm
LOL, uh-oh, triggered Trumpling Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaaaaawwwww, ❄️ has hurt feelings....
Jeffrey Kelly Added Dec 22, 2017 - 12:35pm
@Bill H.

I see you prefer “Trumpies,” I go with Trumplings.
Jeff Michka Added Dec 22, 2017 - 12:53pm
I see you prefer “Trumpies,” I go with Trumplings.or Trumpeters or Trumpists do well.
wsucram15 Added Dec 22, 2017 - 12:57pm
Cliff thats a good one..shit sandwhich.  Im going to remember that.

Cliff M. Added Dec 22, 2017 - 12:59pm
Yesterday, Senator Ron Widen head of the committee investigating the Russian connection said the will be no more judicial approvals until the treasury department which is stonewalling the investigation gives them the information requested on the moneytrail on Trumpgate. Two banks have already been subpoena's regarding the money trail.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Dec 22, 2017 - 1:35pm
@SFC MAC:
”Jeffy, not me, snowflake. I'm getting lots of laughs from your butthurts.“

Again, why are you talking about my butt hurting?  My butt is fine.  Trump’s butt hurts from bending over for Putin.
Cliff M. Added Dec 22, 2017 - 1:51pm
SFC, Let the chips fall where they may. I have no favorites that deserve preferential treatment. The more crooks they gather the better.We would all be better off without either party.
wsucram15 Added Dec 22, 2017 - 1:56pm
ok ok SFC hold up.  How much of this have you seen yourself in person?
I can give you specific examples on some of the things you listed that are not true. by the fact I was there and what you are saying is untrue.
While I cant say much about Antifa (I have seen them in action on day of inauguration), They do not represent the resistance and specifically the groups I work with.  (which you would consider liberal)  Most liberals do not hate you, have not done anything more to you than you did to the prior President (in fact far far less). But ALSO most liberals have no parts of ANTIFA. Take that shit somewhere else.  Im out there protesting and I dont march with them.
They target="_blank">persecute Christians for target="_blank">refusing to bake gay wedding cakes.  You are being dramatic, I personally would have gone somewhere else, but under Colorado law the people suing the business are in the right.   ITS A BUSINESS.  IF IT WAS A CHURCH..ok its private.  But its not, its public.   No one is PERSECUTING anyone.
They are not being sued over religious beliefs..it is over business practices...period.  Religion has NO PLACE in the law.
They target="_blank">hate cops, the target="_blank">military, and the target="_blank">American flag.  Ok here we go...I am what YOU would call a liberal..Again...
So I dont care for the Baltimore Police, they are by the Department of Justice Standards "one of the most prejudicial police Departments in the US."  Thats a fact.  I have seen things that are ridiculous. But I have always been able to resolve them in the press or at high command.
On the military, I come from a military family and have the utmost respect for the military personnel who serve. Not the MIC, Pentagon..or anything like that. I know quite a good bit about it considering Ive dealt with it my entire life.
On the flag...it is a representation of the country.  Do you know (without looking it up) who actually designed the flag we currently use? hint..not a PhD or scholar...  or how many versions of the flag we have...hint its a lot. Or did you know Betsy Ross had nothing to do with the flag in history? You might want to look up R Young and a young woman named Pickersgill.    Some of us "liberals" huck de huck..jus luv ur conry ma'am.

Its not all about you and the GOP...other people love and appreciate their country.  We just do not agree at all on how to protect it.

WHAT the hell do you actually know about BLM?  Have some friends in there do you? Or just more media garbage.   Again take that shit somewhere else.  I have marched with them..tens of thousands of them..never saw one arrest.  Not one. Protests yes.  I have also seen BLM members tell the press to stop creating drama with the youth where there is none.  I was there.

I dont see anyone on here as hateful as you are being...not even some of the other people on here who are pretty silly sometimes over a guy they do not know anything about.

It would appear men on both sides have some problems with women in 2017 and have for a long time...so that issue is mute.  Also WE have the cover of time magazine again so it is what it is.

As far as Obama..why are you bringing him up? What does he have to do with my thread or anyones comment.  You are disrespecting me now.   Obama is the former President...he is gone.  I had to listen to the GOP shit for 8 years.  Now its my turn, if you dont mind if you do..tough shit.  It is after all a country with a Bill of Rights.
I dont think you will get much argument on Clinton though if that helps. I didnt vote for her and dont give one rats ass what you say there.  But while Obama was not perfect, it REMAINS TO BE SEEN how Trump is doing.

Do you really want me to list Trumps issues..and his lies since he has been in office?  Not just reported but that I have researched personally and verified.  I really dont feel like it, but if you really wanna...
Now I was at at least respectful enough to attend his inauguration like any
Jeffrey Kelly Added Dec 22, 2017 - 1:57pm
@ SFC Mac:

“LMAO! Putin bitch-slapped Barky so often he was aka "President Punchdrunk"

Really? Is that why Putin wanted/helped Thud to win?

We can’t forget that besides a poor butt Thud probably has chapped lips.
wsucram15 Added Dec 22, 2017 - 2:03pm
SFC..also, my ass doesnt hurt and I like snowflakes, I am a photographer and they are beautiful when photographed.  Have you ever really seen one?
Take it easy with running your mouth.  We almost lost this site because of the arguing and I (and others) would like to keep it.  Please be respectful.  Please.

Hey you guys...come on.  I dont know who this person is..but just ignore the politics, everyone.  Stop arguing. You are arguing over something you have no control over and life is super short.  Its Christmas time and there are other articles on here about positive stuff we could all talk about.
Right?
Jeffrey Kelly Added Dec 22, 2017 - 2:05pm
@ wscucram15:
”While I cant say much about Antifa (I have seen them in action on day of inauguration), They do not represent the resistance and specifically the groups I work with. (which you would consider liberal)”

I oppose the Antifa and their methods.  There is no excuse for violence and those methods always backfire into repression.
Others I correspond with feel the same way.
wsucram15 Added Dec 22, 2017 - 2:14pm
SFC.. write your own article and stop arguing with jeffrey he was talking to me.

wsucram15 Added Dec 22, 2017 - 2:18pm
Jeffrey..they arent hard to oppose, when people are busting up store fronts and police are pushing people out of the way trying to stop them from getting hurt, its a no brainer.

I understand the idealism behind it...same as the nazis don't like it a certain way so they are going to change it to the extreme.   It never works, people get hurt, some die and their message is lost in hate.

wsucram15 Added Dec 22, 2017 - 2:21pm
Cliff..touche..youa re really on a roll..kick em all to the curb.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Dec 22, 2017 - 2:32pm
@ wscucram15

I've decided to leave SFC to stew in her hatred and self-loathing.  If she wants to continue this she can click my name and put a comment on one of my articles.  I have no issues with anyone doing that but I’ll take this away from your article.

As for the Antifa, they deserve legal sanction for hurting people and destroying property.  I always respect people who protest, whatever they are protesting.  After all, this is a fundamental right of being an American citizen.

But I have no respect for those that resort to violence in order to get their point across.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Dec 22, 2017 - 2:35pm
@ SFC MAC

I look forward to whatever you post.  I don’t pull any punches either, Trumpling.
wsucram15 Added Dec 22, 2017 - 2:43pm
I disagree with you...You are not debating...you are arguing.
I can speak to the constitution...I have a law degree, and I can speak to what I have seen, not read. But I have researched quite a bit, speaking to Trump supporters not quite a angry as your self and some that are.

I cannot speak to Minnesota, but I am aware of Berkley and that was not facilitated by Antifia, I dont care if they were there.  However, I disagreed with the protest at Berkley overall for lack of freedom of speech.  I have disagreed with quite a bit at Berkely of late.

If you want to have a debate fine...what is your talking point?
What you do need to do is read the article. Then if you want to discuss that..fine.

wsucram15 Added Dec 22, 2017 - 2:44pm
or like I said..write an article and I will debate that with you.  KK
Bill Kamps Added Dec 22, 2017 - 3:05pm
Where do you stand on term limits and gerrymandering?

I think gerrymandering makes it so the primary IS the election, and this gives us candidates that more to the extreme left and right.  Without gerrymandering candidates would more likely come from the middle of the political spectrum, rather than from the extreme of a party.  Few districts are really contested, and this also works to keep out third party candidates.

Term limits would get rid of the Congressman for life.  People like John McCain who at one time represented a real voice in our country, but even before his current illness had become a parody  of who he once was.  Many of these people as they age, dont age very well, and become even more out of touch with the voters at large.   Because of the seniority system, they become very difficult for even their own voters to remove.
Bill H. Added Dec 22, 2017 - 3:31pm

MAC - Let's see a REAL article and not the usual rant that we get out here from the Trumpies.
So far all I have seen is the usual Trumpie labeling and name calling, as we see from the rest of them.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Dec 22, 2017 - 3:34pm
@SFC MAC
”Jeffy,
Aw...and we were just starting to have fun. YOU responded to my comment. I responded in kind. You melted like a little snowflake. Oh well. Back to your safespace. Bye.”

Write your article, Trumpling.  Or, better yet:

I wrote that back last Summer, Trumpling.  Feel free to comment.  I mostly write about history but I’ll take a turn at politics now and again.

So, will you leave your safe space, Trumpling? I want to leave wsucram15 out of this.  I respect her and her writing so I won’t knock this off topic.

I have no issues going off-topic on my stuff, though.  So, come along now.  Let’s take this someplace where we won’t bother anyone.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Dec 22, 2017 - 3:40pm
@Bill Kamps:
I think Gerrymandering is a huge problem.  It essentially crams a particular type of voter into small areas where their voices can’t be heard throughout a whole state.

Both parties engage it in but Republicans became especially egregious with it after they started taking control of state governments starting in 2010.  With that type of control they started enacting voter suppression laws that worsened the situation.

I’d rather have districts equally proportioned out so that votes are counted equally over the full spectrum.

I also agree with term limits but to some degree I think this just bails out voters, a “please stop us before we screw up again!!!” type of thing.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Dec 22, 2017 - 3:53pm
What, Trumpling, you don’t want to comment on something I wrote?  Why ever not?  It’s right there.

Could it be you lack confidence to do so?????

: O

LOL

Very well, when I get a chance I’ll comment on your little blog.
Bill Kamps Added Dec 22, 2017 - 3:58pm
Jeffry, a district that is gerrymander will more likely elect a candidate from the extreme of the party.  This is because the primary is the election.  In a more balanced district the candidate will more likely come from the middle, because they would need some of the other party's voters, or at least a lot of independents, to win the general election.

Yes it also often pushes minority voters into a single district.  Like here in Houston, much of the black vote is in Shelia Jackson Lee's district, which winds its way through the city like a snake.  Where I live the district is only a few blocks wide.

Term limits do bail out voters to an extent.  However, it is very difficult to find candidates to run against long time incumbents because they have such a large advantage.  In theory voters can vote out a long time incumbent but in practice it is very difficult to do.  Partly this goes to gerrymandering again.  If the GOP always wins a district it is very difficult to defeat an incumbent in the primary because you wont get the support of the party.

What Democrat will run against Shelia? and since the district is gerrymandered, no Republican can.

Jeffrey Kelly Added Dec 22, 2017 - 4:07pm
Hey, SFC?  I just did.  It’s awaiting your moderation, get cracking.
wsucram15 Added Dec 22, 2017 - 5:01pm
SFC..you have no idea what you are talking about...none.
wsucram15 Added Dec 22, 2017 - 5:07pm
Ok..SFC..I look forward to your post.  Keep your FACTS strait, Im really good at the facts.
I also have to say that when I said you dont know what you are talking about I meant about the comparison of liberal protestors "the resistance" to Antifia.  The resistance refers to any agenda (much like the GOP and Obama) that is against the political system/human rights as it stands.
It is legal...and peaceful.  Ive never been arrested or had any issues, quite the contrary.
Bill H. Added Dec 22, 2017 - 5:50pm

MAC - I saw where most of your links took me, which was to your web-rants and Breitbart.
One's sources say much about a person. I see the same sources (Fox News, Breitbart) being used by many on the "Right" as proof of their so-called "facts" constantly. And yes, I see quite a few on the "Left" using sources like MSNBC and  Daily Kos as their proof.
If one is to find the real facts, it is up to them to do some research and stay away from polarized sources in order to do so. I do much of my research on sites that normally don't spin or editorialize, such as BBC, AP, Reuters, along with listening to international shortwave broadcasts to try an get a taste for the world opinion. In doing this, I do hear material that I am uncomfortable with, and many times don't agree with, but I know that in most cases it was well researched and served for my analyzation, not simply for my immediate consumption.
Your sources give you not only what you want to hear, but exactly what you like to hear. You simply hate everyone who you assume is "on the Left". It's a "Right" vs "Left" world for you.
I don't hate you, I simply despise Trump, as I see him walking all over the people who voted for him, among all of his other negative attributes.
And yes, I have voted for Republicans in the past.
I always commend Jeanne for her efforts to use reliable information sources and write articles  that spur intelligent discussion, not promote hate and discourse.

wsucram15 Added Dec 22, 2017 - 6:46pm
BillH..
I have encountered this often as I am sure you have. I dont deal with it as much on here as I would in person.  Its harder online to explain your position or actually show someone legitimate sources.  Even then, many really don't want to hear what they don't want to hear and that has nothing to do with Trump.  Although it is my feeling he made it much worse.
HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY!!
wsucram15 Added Dec 22, 2017 - 6:49pm
Although..I really dont understand WHY Trumpites feel the "left" hates, when the anger, bitterness, name calling and even assault and/or death occurs from their majority.  The majority of liberals dont want hate in their lives.   I dont get it...
Bill H. Added Dec 23, 2017 - 1:21am

Jeanne, I believe that Trump's rhetoric and actions have made many of his supporters believe that this type of behavior is totally acceptable.
After all, he is setting the "example" for those who continue to support him.
Remember Trump's statement during the campaign: "Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish, the Second Amendment. By the way, and if she gets to pick --if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know."
Even an idiot would know what he was suggesting.

A. Jones Added Dec 23, 2017 - 4:16am
I have read the article of independence.

What is the "article of independence"?
A. Jones Added Dec 23, 2017 - 4:23am

"As well, women were to have no roles in government, even as voters."

That statement is completely wrong.

While claiming to correct historical myths in American history books, it appears Volek is promoting myths of his own.
Micahel Dolan Added Dec 23, 2017 - 10:08am
The battles continue---Republicans are called names and accused of doing horrible things-day in-day out.

The Socialist Democrat Party has the backing of the Socialist Media ass-kissers. BTW-Democrats-Hillary is going to be investigated for collusion with PUTIN-URANIUM.-Oh, and taking a into the Clinton foundation that supports enemies of America and accepts millions of dollars from haters of America.

Trump told us what he wants to do for America, the word was-----SWAMP. Swamp was his name for our beloved corrupt politicians who somehow get elected and BINGO they all become filthy rich.

Can we all get along concerning politics-yes. But we the people have to join together and demand a full investigation into our SWAMP.Trump has dealt with politicians-paid them off to help him build his company.

This can only happen if we the people stop being democrats or republicans. Time for us to spray the Swamp with roach spray throw out the roaches and---God Bless America-----
Thomas Sutrina Added Dec 23, 2017 - 10:59am
For someone that doesn't want to talk about politics and religion you sure did a lot of talking about politics in the base article.

I became an election judge for the last  presidential election.  Tried to get involved in the COS convention of states that is trying to get the state legislatures to call for a convention with consistent objectives or instruction for their delegates.  People keep forgetting that the convention only drafts an Amendment that still must be approved by the exact same process used for all previous Amendments.  Nothing done in secret.   However, as you know from my opinions the leadership in Illinois of COS though I would scare democrats away.  To my knowledge they have about an equal number of both parties interested before the Nov 2016 election.  That to me shows how out of control Washington DC is and how far we are from the consent of the governed.

My biggest issues are the huge gap between the image painted by politicians and parties and the reality that actually occurs.   My frustration is that the votes do not react to the fraud perpetrated on them by the miss match.   Most of the frauds have been going on for decades so sufficient time has elapsed to conclude that it is fraud and not an honest attempt.
mark henry smith Added Dec 23, 2017 - 1:12pm
Jeanne, I just wanted to be the hundredth caller.

When did being conservative mean right? Or liberal? We have become a nation of labels, post-it note thinkers.

The conservatives decide with Reagan that they would not ever argue facts again in political debates. They would argue personality, God, and country. They would use emotional appeals to their base. It became obvious when Reagan was elected on a balanced budget platform, tripled the deficit and was hailed as a hero, when he was in the early stages of dementia.

Clinton was a good president, stabilized things, but was morally so corrupt that his legacy still haunts the democratic party as a party of libertines.

The worst thing about the political process in the US is that it now has nothing to do with judgment. It's all about winning and doing anything to win, so we picked terrible people (ASSHOLES) to use George's terminology, to run things for us. We do this because they are the only people who can stomach the cesspool they have to wade into, except for a rare individual like Daylon Leach who is our most liberal state senator in Pa. and is now being asked to resign by his own party for making jokes unbecoming a comedian. Both parties have become so corrupted by this culture of tattle tale and money that all we can do is rip it apart.
Stone-Eater Added Dec 23, 2017 - 4:45pm
Jeanne

We only have a chance when we throw those labels like liberal or conservative over board and remember that we're just bloody stupid human beings with the same desires.

Have a nice Christmas !

Or...as we say here: Frohe Arschnachten, ihr Weinlöcher LOL
wsucram15 Added Dec 23, 2017 - 11:41pm
MHS..touche', very well said as always and please have a Merry Christmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
wsucram15 Added Dec 23, 2017 - 11:48pm
THANK YOU SEF..and Joyeux Noël à toi

wsucram15 Added Dec 23, 2017 - 11:50pm
Thomas..
I dont like to talk about politics. However, I have had a good deal of involvement in politics AND I have worked in the arena.
Now I like to avoid it, but none of you comment my music articles or feel good stuff and this article was more lightweight than my usual stuff.

Have a good holiday and stop being so negative all the time.  Make that a resolution.
wsucram15 Added Dec 23, 2017 - 11:52pm
Merry Christmas everyone..I am off for a couple of days.  Dinner to fix and Furniture to move and arrange.  Perhaps a funny story to tell.  Actually I already have a couple.

Bill H. Added Dec 24, 2017 - 12:34am
Merry Christmas, Jeanne!
Take a break from the Zombies!
A. Jones Added Dec 24, 2017 - 1:55am
I had thought the battle for gender equality had been more or less won

Gender equality?

Um, Volek, Kevin Spacey and the 14 year-old boy he tried to rape are both of the same sex: they're both male.

So what does "gender equality" have to do with the traditional imbalance of power — and thus the possibility of sexual exploitation — between a star and a wannabe? Nothing.

"Gender equality" has nothing to do with this issue.
opher goodwin Added Dec 24, 2017 - 9:06am
Merry Christmas Jeanne!!  Let's make a better year next year!!  All the best!!
Thomas Sutrina Added Dec 24, 2017 - 4:35pm
Jeanne and all the other readers have a great week enjoy Christmas and New Years and if your of other religions enjoy the holidays that they also have this time of year.

I know I am not taken as a negative person.  What you take as negative is an understanding that actions have consequences.

A youth group leader said to keep asking teen agers "what comes next?"  They are very capable of knowing what logically comes next but they do not automatically think about that before they decide to act.

The national new examples is dropping rocks and sand bags off bridges into express way traffic going 55 mph plus.

I am going to ask "what comes next?" Jeanne.   If what comes next in the person that I ask to think about it is negative that is their conclusion.

I may in tell them what I think comes next and they may agree or disagree.  Still the negativity is attached to the logic of what comes next of their potential action not mine.
Doug Plumb Added Dec 24, 2017 - 5:21pm
You cannot pay down the debt - this is impossible. To pay down the debt is to use borrowed money to do it. The problem is the debt - it doesn't exist in any lawful reality.
Katharine Otto Added Dec 24, 2017 - 6:41pm
Merry Christmas, Jeanne.  You may have lots of disagreement here, but you set an example of civilized discourse, something badly needed on both sides of the aisle.
B.E. Ladin Added Jan 15, 2018 - 9:56pm
Don't apologize, move forward into the new year, and share your views.  It is great to be a part of the liberal, women contingent on this site.

Recent Articles by Writers wsucram15 follows.