The Beat Goes XXI

The following is the dialogue between myself and a former active participant that received one of my pull-out-of-the woodwork marketing emails.  My response is forthcoming in the comment thread:

Larry

Your last comment is humorous (just in case it was meant to be insulting) as I don’t Facebook, twitter or tweet and anything you can say in 140 characters or less is unimportant.

You found me,  on LinkedIn.  Essentially a Business connection platform.  How soon we forget.  You will also note that many of those that actually HAD something of value to say have left after being shouted down by the din,  of those anonymous voices that don’t have the balls to put up their own name to defend their positions.

You sure can be outspoken when anonymous and hiding in plain sight.

Autumn Cote

I find it priceless how it's always others that are polarized, don't listen, ideologues, too delicate, etc. etc.  The way I see it, you are no different that that which you claim to detest.  The beat will definitely go on without your participation, but let's make one thing perfectly clear, Writer Beat is not a waste of time.  On Writer Beat, those with all sorts of different views and backgrounds are choosing to engage each other discussion.  You can now go back to your sit-com or click on the latest new cat video to hit your Facebook feed.

Larry

There is no Fray to step back into.

You have polarized people on each side that speak but don’t listen.

You have Nazis who openly admit their ideology and how they are correct and everyone else is wrong no matter how politically correct their comments are couched they are what they are.

AND… the bleeding heart liberals, with their delicate sense of morality, who are willing to cut off their finger, so as not to offend the other digits with perhaps an improper gesture, are equally disgusting.  I have watched your site morph into nothing more than an exercise in mental masturbation and a waste of time.

Thanks but no thanks.

Comments

Morgoth Added Jan 5, 2018 - 10:30pm
Where’s the fun in mental masturbation?
Autumn Cote Added Jan 5, 2018 - 10:42pm
I remember where I found you and that doesn’t change my message one iota.  Since finding you, Writer Beat has only grown in both quantity and quality.  As for anonymity, anonymous accounts were allowed when you were here and they are still allowed today.  So whatever has changed for you, it has nothing to do with anything you just bitched about. For whatever it’s worth, I’d like to know the real reason you’ve decided to leave and where you’re spending your free time.

Please note, because you insulted Writer Beat and the current crop of participants, I intended to be rude and insulting to you.    The fact I was able to do it with some humor is a bonus.
Women are Inferior Added Jan 5, 2018 - 11:39pm
Funny, after reading about 90% of the things on StinkedIn, I mean, LinkedIn, I found myself daydreaming about doing things to the various authors and commenters that would make ISIL wince.
Flying Junior Added Jan 6, 2018 - 1:12am
Writer Beat is an interesting place where people of all persuasions can come together in a common forum.  Unlike the typical bloggy host, for better or worse, Autumn does not Mother Goose commenters with affirmative feedback.  She leaves it to us to resolve our differences.
opher goodwin Added Jan 6, 2018 - 5:21am
Well I still find it interesting. You do encounter people from all different viewpoints and that is a bonus. We even find things that we have in common and can agree on. Even the people I violently disagree with occasionally come up with something that is right in line with my thinking and surprise me. Most of the time people are respectful and engage in debate. If they are arguing their case or putting your own case down aggressively they are usually not too personal and abusive. That's good.
I think it is a good site.
Doug Plumb Added Jan 6, 2018 - 5:59am
I gave up on platforms like "StinkedIn" and university chat rooms because of censorship.
  I find intelligent opposition to my own ideas, which is what I am looking for. I can't get my own ideas published where censorship is the rule.
  You have done a great thing Autumn, but goodness doesn't pay.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 6, 2018 - 6:35am
What's wrong with (mental) masturbation?

We also don't have a Nazi plague. I rather think the Nazi chasers got a bit bored after Purcell made up his mind and rather publishes stuff that people like to read. The problem with freedom of speech is that it works. No Nazis for you.
Stephen Hunter Added Jan 6, 2018 - 8:57am
What do you think this author hoped to get out of WB in the first place? The response he gave indicates he is emotionally unfulfilled in some way.
Kevin Marlin, LSSMBB Added Jan 6, 2018 - 9:03am
"There is no accountability.  There are no possible wrongs,  as Freedom of Speech, is extended to all equally the same."

You see this is where I really get thrown! Opinion is something we all have ant it seems this Larry guy wants to have the voices of others silenced,
Morgoth Added Jan 6, 2018 - 9:46am
@Benjamin Goldstein:

”What's wrong with (mental) masturbation?”

To quote John Lennon, “Whatever gets you through the night....”

“We also don't have a Nazi plague. I rather think the Nazi chasers got a bit bored after Purcell made up his mind and rather publishes stuff that people like to read.”

Undoubtedly Tom will publish something showing his Nazi fangs soon enough.  We still have Billy, he’s always fun.

Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 6, 2018 - 9:57am
I just discovered Doug Plumb. That's also a Nazi. Okay, okay, given the small size of our free speech community, I admit that we have quite a few.

On the other hand, nah, this Purcell guy is just confused as fuck. I think he couldn't kill a chicken. I would protect him against the vicious bird.
George N Romey Added Jan 6, 2018 - 11:07am
WB is an open forum. I avoid a lot of the crazy talk. Why would want to engage a Nazi? Most other websites are either full of garbage or your never get noticed.

LI? Unless your looking for a job or need to find out info on a company not worth the effort to hit the key strokes.
Doug Plumb Added Jan 6, 2018 - 11:54am
I guess anyone that espouses nationhood (independent of Jewish central banks)  is a NAZI.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 6, 2018 - 12:01pm
Larry Kauf Added Jan 6, 2018 - 12:06pm
Since you were kind enough and thought it important enough, to share our conversation with WB.  I thought that I would take a moment and reflect on your comment  "So whatever has changed for you, it has nothing to do with anything you just bitched about. For whatever it’s worth, I’d like to know the real reason you’ve decided to leave and where you’re spending your free time. "

I thought that it was a good and fair question.  I have never been so thin skinned, as to take anything on WB personally and having been on the site for several years now, WHAT HAS CHANGED for me, if all elements are the same?  This is the raw, nitty gritty, question on the table.  I have plenty of work to do and Golf to play to entertain myself and as I previously stated, Social media is not a form of entertainment for me.

WHAT HAS CHANGED?  Maybe nothing has changed and its all the way it has always been OR everything has changed and will never be the way it was.  Even back in the days of JFK and Camelot, there were backroom deals and hidden under-currents but at the end of the day, EVERYONE was clear it was us against the Commies (sic).

When a lie was spoken, it was a boldfaced lie.  It was not  misspeak; it was not sugar coated, it was called out and accountability was held.  The News was unbiased and researched and the final word of Truth.  The Government 'shaped' the news or tried to filter it only allowing the unwashed masses, access to the approved version.  But the REAL truth in the cases of Viet Nam and Watergate eventually came out.  Those responsible were held accountable by vote or by Jury.  Back then, opinion was shaped by facts that most everyone agreed upon. Scientific study of facts results in indisputable conclusions, till it can be proven that the facts were not correct.
This is the Scientific method.
There are winners and losers.   You never use to get a trophy for just showing up.  1st, 2nd and 3rd place got trophies the rest had to try harder.

Today we have instantaneous information.  Anyone with an opinion, can publish something as "FACT". If they say it long enough and loud enough it becomes a belief that is difficult at best to change, if not impossible.    If ya don't like the news or whats being said ....just call it fake news.   LIE your ass off and convince people that what they see with their own 2 eyes,  is not true.  Case in point.  Coal is making a comeback.  Instead of getting FREE training in new growing industries where there are jobs begging to be filled, Coal miners would rather wait for those great new coal jobs, to start showing up.  When did the average person begin to vote against their own best interest?   Cut social programs but don't you dare touch my Soc Security or Medicare.  Lower the taxes on the wealthy and raise mine a little, cause that's who creates all the jobs.  When has that ever worked?

As Doug put it "StinkedIn" is not without fault as well.  I am a Connector, not a "Collector".  What does it say, when your worth is measured by how many connections you have, INSTEAD of how many people you actually engage with? LinkedIn is suppose to be a site where people of common business interests, engage.  If I find no common ground, why should I connect with someone simply to add another name to my list?

Thanks for the opportunity to address some of my "Bitches".  I may not have been quite as eloquent, as many other writers that have some real talent. I hope that I was able to offer a bit of insight since you asked.
Autumn Cote Added Jan 6, 2018 - 1:11pm
Larry,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  Correct me if I’m wrong but the reason for your departure really doesn’t have anything to with Writer Beat’s participants. it has to do with your displeasure with political discourse in general.

I find the conversations on Writer Beat to be fascinating.  I also think it’s healthy to say what’s on your mind, even if everyone that reads what you have to say disagrees. I don’t agree with the notion that anyone with an opinion can publish something as fact, as well as few other things you believe about political discourse, but that’s a side issue.  The main issue is that you don’t derive enjoyment from sites like Writer Beat and that’s a good reason to quit.  Should you ever choose to step back into the fray, Writer Beat will welcome you with open arms.
George N Romey Added Jan 6, 2018 - 1:47pm
In general I find most social media designed for the maturity and brain level of a 4 year old. I'm not sure if we by nature are actually this petty or if social media changed how we communicate.  I've noticed on WB that the people that constantly criticize others in comments, usually hurling personal insults and using text like typing (what's that all about?) never pen an original article.  Why?  Because writing an original article that Jeff Jackson, Katherine Otto, Opher and many others write takes time, research and much effort.  Its much easier to type a four page sentence telling every contributor here on WB they are a moron.

That's social media for you.  And WB is a step above other sites.  Unless you like reading mindless rants, stories about cute little kitties or someone's Aunt's recipe for carrot cake.

Finally, why do people feel the need to read and respond to every single article written.  If you find it a rant, a bore and/or full of ignorance there are other things in life to do.
Tom C. Purcell Added Jan 6, 2018 - 2:43pm
All I have to add to the Purcell Nazi comments... It's not so simple.  It would be nice if history was cookie-cutter study, but it's not.  By it's nature, history is messy, misleading, convoluted and the writers of history might even have an agenda.

To most, myself included, we are aiming at the truth and nothing more.  I know the Germans did bad things in WWII, and I know that some Nazis were probably bad men.  I also know that compartments of Nazi Germany were absolutely brilliant and glorious, good-willed and pious.

I know that the Germans were wise and clever enough to build much more efficient facilities for extermination, much larger cremation ovens if they were really practicing genocide.

I believe I know that the swastika is not a symbol of evil and I believe to know that Hitler and the Third Reich were not devising world domination.  Preparations for certain scenarios, yes, but not global dominance.  I really don't think that world takeover was their goal.

I believe that Jews were pogromed from Germany, along with 108 nations before the Germans, and I know a lot of Jews died during the years of WWII.  I believe there is rationale for the exile of Jewish internationalists from nations, especially when it's so common.

I know that millions of Jews receive benefits for no other reason than the Hollywoodcost...Jewish/Zionist entitlement.  And I know that most people who claim to be Jews by race today, are actually decedents of Kahzars from southern Russia that migrated, or infested Europe.

I know that our history books, modern media and certainly Hollywood tells the same bogus stories about WWII and a so called "holocaust", leaving out major facts, convoluting most facts and conjuring new ones.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 6, 2018 - 2:45pm
Romey: I'd also rather see more well-researched articles, but that is a matter of community growth and cannot be resolved with hectoring.

When it comes to the never ending bully claims: I'm just as guilty as anybody else. Maybe I'm not above the emotional state of a four-year-old. I could find excuses. Everybody has triggers. Antisemitism does it for me or when a logical contradiction is not admitted.

Factually, there are no other outlets than WB for me at the moment. Things built up for years and I couldn't say them, couldn't think them. It is only since a few years that I ever heard of conservative arguments at all. I live in a country where a pro-gun argument will never make it over the airwaves. NEVER. Pro-gun is for gun-crazed American hicks who are dumb and sh*t. That's what I heard since I was born. In fact the most common American argument for the 2nd Amendment is the German state definition for right-wing extremism, which our police and secret services use. Military intervention? No, we only sent soldiers because NATO or UN 'responsibility' and then the war is not a war, but a 'mission'. Sounds silly? It is, but it is the truth.

At the moment, and that is no joke, Facebook and Twitter block so many German accounts that not only conservative MPs like last election's AfD front-runner Alice Weidel are hit, but also satire magazine 'Titanic' and some leftists, who were unaware that the American software houses uses a general term of racism - they also block anti-white stuff. FB and Twitter are forced to do it by law (called NetzDG). So WB remains.

But everything has its time. The vault of right-wing positions that I was not allowed to hear has been explored enough at some point. Things repeat. At some point we all will find other interests.
Tom C. Purcell Added Jan 6, 2018 - 2:49pm
BTW I've never once claimed to be a Nazi, although I do have a lot of nationalist views when it comes to those of us who descend from the founders, creators and builders of the U.S.  That doesn't mean I hate anyone else, and it doesn't mean I want subjugation or genocide for anyone else, contrary to popular connotation of the acronym, 'Nazi'.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 6, 2018 - 2:50pm
Like I said, Purcell is just confused.
Barry aka. Hyperminde Added Jan 6, 2018 - 2:59pm
Hey everybody! Read my articles!

... or don't.

Proud member of Complacent Independent Authors
Tom C. Purcell Added Jan 6, 2018 - 4:33pm
Lol.  Paraphrasing for Chris Crawford.

Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 6, 2018 - 5:03pm
Purcell: Ha, I knew it! I was first!!! You had no chance. I was a bad boy, a bad, bad boy. No chance, Purcell!
Tom C. Purcell Added Jan 6, 2018 - 5:26pm
I'm not surprised about being blacklisted...again.  My name might be on more lists than CC has names on his.  The truth hurts, right Ben Gurionstein?
Thomas Sutrina Added Jan 6, 2018 - 6:03pm
WB is a place to test your ideas against others.  We, I, do not know everything.  And I have change a few ideas from WB and the efforts to be knowledgeable.

I hope that I have tested others that write here.  Point to inconsistencies, lack of accurate facts.  I hope that I have caused people to do more research before they express an opinion as fact.

I have attacked but not viciously people that think opinion is fact.  In most cases I have needed less the 5 minutes and at most three tries as a web search before comes up with information on the subject of their opinion and on the front page of the search.   And I dislike  tagging some idea or opinion without defining a reason.
Kevin Marlin, LSSMBB Added Jan 6, 2018 - 6:10pm
Simply put, people these days can not deal with the opinions of others. Much of it has to do with perception and reality! Many people do not know the difference.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 6, 2018 - 7:10pm
Tom: Damnit, Pussell, I feared it! I just came out with the cheers when Crawford made it sound like he didn't know you. I envy you now. Apparently, you are less gentile than me.
Flying Junior Added Jan 6, 2018 - 8:01pm
Thomas,

You are civil enough, but you are quite stubborn in your extremist beliefs.  You can be more than condescending.  I also believe that these quick web searches that you reference can support or corroborate just about any right-wing talking point that you are on about at any given time.

You are also quite adept at opinion as fact.

Peace be unto you.
Flying Junior Added Jan 6, 2018 - 8:03pm
Tom,

I have no idea how you can type those words without feeling ashamed.
Flying Junior Added Jan 6, 2018 - 8:20pm
Thomas,

I meant to say, "more than a little condescending."  Isn't that funny how economy of words can change the meaning of a sentence?
Ari Silverstein Added Jan 6, 2018 - 9:56pm
I thank Writer Beat for providing a safe platform for a Jew like myself to engage white supremacists like Purcell, Plumb, Stone and other.  I wonder, is the existence of their ilk more common on Writer Beat or does Writer Beat attract Nazi sympathizers.  Perhaps other blogs silence them, which means outside of Writer Beat the general public has no idea how much anti-Semitism there is in the world. I guess that makes all of us more informed than the rest of cyber space.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 7, 2018 - 12:23am
Crawford:
Perhaps it's just a response to Mr. Trump's obvious bigotry.
Stuff like this also riles me up.

I make a serious effort to be civil to people even as I am ferocious to ideas.
Okay, effort, he tries and fails.
Flying Junior Added Jan 7, 2018 - 1:43am
As fun as it is to interact on the WB, the conservatives do seem to be carrying the day.  I hate to call them conservatives.  Most of my life I have had respect for honorable conservatives.

Of the top thirty articles on the Beat at this moment, fully 50% are ridiculous right-wing talking point essays.  Things that the righties love to argue about and beat down any hapless liberal who is foolish enough to walk into their offensive verbal traps.

There is scarce incentive for liberal blogging today.  Conservatives seem to be revelling in their gloating.  We on the left are just frightened to know that so many decent Americans support the demon Trump and his evil flying monkey congress critters.

I can understand why Autumn has difficulty recruiting liberal contributors.  Wouldn't it be nice if we could confine ourselves to intelligent political discourse and perhaps largely move away from politics as subject material entirely?  There are many creative contributors here.

I'm sorry.  When I see that conservative red meat thrown at me, I lose control.  For a while I felt like I was nothing more than a liberal troll.  You learn to ignore it.  So you simply wade through it like an obstacle course of dog shit.

Can't you guys just publish your Breitbart/FOX News bullshit on your other blogs?
Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 7, 2018 - 2:27am
Crawford:
It's the damnest thing. Now, I can't watch Crawford's titanic vocabulary...eh...sink?

On a more serious note, I'm happy for you to be here. I also think that we do not have enough liberals.
Thomas Napers Added Jan 7, 2018 - 4:15am
The way I see it, if there were more liberals than conservatives here, conservatives should be happier and if there were more conservatives than liberals here, liberals should be happier.  Such is the nature of political discourse, it's no fun communicating with like-minded people.
Stone-Eater Added Jan 7, 2018 - 5:36am
Ari

Did you look into the mirror when calling me a supremacist ? Or can you cite something I've written that qualifies me for that label ?

Doug Plumb Added Jan 7, 2018 - 6:07am
Benjamine Goldstein re "Doug, everyone who thinks the Nazis were great and were right in going to war because they were 'boycotted by international Judaism' is pretty much a Nazi. Who else?  "

What would you expect them to do ? Sit there and starve ? Or consent to be robbed ? Corner someone and it is you that is responsible for their actions.
  If this isn't the reason what is ? jealosy of Jews?
Doug Plumb Added Jan 7, 2018 - 6:09am
@ Ari re "I thank Writer Beat for providing a safe platform for a Jew like myself to engage white supremacists like Purcell, Plumb, Stone and other"

I am not a supremist of any form. I believe in the common law, the foundation of morality and Christianity. I am accusing Judaism (and Islam) of being supremist in fundamental nature - something that is easily verifiable for anyone that is not afraid too look.
Doug Plumb Added Jan 7, 2018 - 6:12am
@ Ari re "Perhaps other blogs silence them, which means outside of Writer Beat the general public has no idea how much anti-Semitism there is in the world. I guess that makes all of us more informed than the rest of cyber space. "

Absolutely true, but outside of the blogger world people are really starting to wake up and see what Judaism is all about. Its almost to the point where it can be discussed openly, something Judaism has always stood against with financial vigor.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 7, 2018 - 6:16am
Doug: I won't go into this off-topic here. Just a note: when Germany went to war nobody was starving there.

FJ, Crawford: I admit that I bashed Crawford too hard. He is new and shows signs that he is better at dishing out than in taking it.

I meet Romey's definition of an asshole in that I lure people into discussions. Newbies are newbies. I was meaner to Crawford than I should have been.

I also think that Naspers has it wrong with the motivations. Conservatives want their ideas vetted. That's not what liberals are in for. So conservatives like myself tend to lure people into discussions and liberals tend to withdraw.

There is a double standard for liberals and monkeys, I mean demon....sorry....clowns...fascists....heretics and I belong to the crowd that believes in acknowledging the double-standard and yet try to meet at least some of the higher standards. I failed with Crawford.
Doug Plumb Added Jan 7, 2018 - 9:47am
Benjamine Just a note: Germany was highly dependent on its export sales to buy food. International Judaism put a boycott on German goods. Hitler didn't wait for his people to starve and then go to war because that would be stupid.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 7, 2018 - 12:06pm
Whoever wanted to write a WB satire....this thread is it!
Bill H. Added Jan 7, 2018 - 12:39pm
Chris, you are correct about the "viciousness" aspect.
My observation is that many out here who identify with being "Conservatives" or Republicans hate and despise all of those who identify with being "Liberals", "Progressives", or Democrats.
On the other hand, I do not observe the "Liberals", "Progressives", or Democrats showing hate for all "Conservatives" or Republicans, but simply some of their ideals and of course, Trump himself.
The best example of this was a former WB commenter named Ryan Messano, for those who remember him. There are still many examples of this here today on WB.
George N Romey Added Jan 7, 2018 - 12:47pm
Trump is failing. This last book illustrates a WH disorganized and out of control. Me thinks Trump in his businesses was the PR man while others tended to actual details. Something a President can’t do. His faithful feel threatened.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 7, 2018 - 1:07pm
"Liberal" is American English for lacking self-awareness.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 7, 2018 - 2:33pm
Why is it that conservative Jews can even converse with neo-Nazis and neo-Nazis even with Jews while some liberals (and some anti-Trumpers) are too civilised to talk to anybody?

Most liberals here are fine BTW. We are an open-minded community. But I can clearly see that it is easier to get Nazis to stick around than liberals because even Nazis are more tolerant of conservative Jews. I mean, you can't make that up!
Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 7, 2018 - 2:41pm
CC: I don't know Bannon well. Who does he not talk to?
Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 7, 2018 - 2:55pm
CC: This is just not a problem here. You can count the invectives on this thread alone and see who uses them. BTW 'boor' is not a long, fancy-schmancy word and your last article was nothing but demeanor of nationalists (I doubt that I even fall into that category).
Flying Junior Added Jan 7, 2018 - 3:02pm
Mr. Napers,

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy talking to conservatives.  I had to thank a conservative friend recently for calling out an immoral position taken by another author.  But lately some of the posts I see up are simply inflammatory and counter-productive.  Here is an example by the aptly named, "This Bull Rocks."  EVERY LAST ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT NEEDS TO BE DEPORTED ALONG WITH ALL THEIR OFFSPRING...  IMMEDIATELY!

That's just red meat to appeal to the basest instincts of the hopped-up xenophobes.  I'm not going to author some post and entitle it, "George Zimmerman is a Cold-blooded Murderer," or, "How I Became Involved in the Black Lives Matter Movement."  Even if I did get a high five or two, it would mostly just offend conservatives.  It would be an exercise in futility.
Women are Inferior Added Jan 7, 2018 - 3:04pm
@ Benjamin - There was someone here named EXPAT (he may still be around, only the Shadow knows) who routinely satirized and parodied various WBers, including me. When he wasn't being an obnoxious old bastard, he was pretty fuckin' funny...occasionally. LOL
Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 7, 2018 - 3:12pm
FJ: Is this 'Bull Rocks' guy even a contributor or has Autumn posted some comment from some forum to this place?

Besides, what is even offensive about it? Can you have the position or not? I mean as a pipedream. It's not an invective, not a libel, not a thread..so what's the matter?

I don't know how the BLM headline would be offensive to conservatives. Libel against somebody, say Zimmermann or Trump, is a different matter.

MB: Yes, we just roll with it. I'm just saying that liberals don't join because they can't have it.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 7, 2018 - 3:19pm
Oh please, if I quote a publication that details how shitty liberalism is likening it to Narcissism as if it was presenting some science, you would go mad. Fortunately, socially conservative publications don't do that - so you're safe. And let's not pretend that they try to present the group, the people, as Narcissist, not an idea (that wouldn't even make sense).
Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 7, 2018 - 3:22pm
Please, all autocorrect my botched pretend-sentence.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 7, 2018 - 3:24pm
And your article was clearly not meant as humorous. So don't come up with Ann Coulter's demonic or Michael Savage's 'Liberalism is a mental disorder'. Every reader KNOWS that this is tongue in cheek.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 7, 2018 - 3:42pm
Some were. I'm afraid that I'm also too cultivated and sophisticated not to get bored by these snider remark exits.
Flying Junior Added Jan 7, 2018 - 7:39pm
Well see...   We can talk to each other.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Jan 7, 2018 - 10:10pm
FJ: Yes, we can (copyright B. Obama)! You already did with Thomas, who "can be stubborn in his extremist views". Peace be upon both of you!
Leroy Added Jan 9, 2018 - 8:36pm
"I...Me...I...My...I...Myself...I am just the smartest, fairest, swellest guy on WB.  I am Chris Crawford, and I am self important.  Congratulations to all of you, for meeting me."

Could CC actually be Trump in disguise?
Dave Volek Added Jan 12, 2018 - 12:35pm
I'll just put my two cents in (and shamelessly promote my book once more).

I have hired a professional internet marketer to design clever memes for my book and get them in front the people on FB. The marketer is doing a fantastic job.

Comments to the memes generally fall into a Grade 6 debate. Just from the meme, people can me a communist, loser lefty, or an elite rightist. I also get comments that:

1) The politically left will solve everything
2) The politically right will solve everything.
3) Jesus is coming soon and will solve everything.
4) The American constitution will solve everything if only we followed its instructions.
5) Mr. Trump has come and will solve everything if only that pesky Congress and Judiciary will get out the way.
6) Mr. Trump is a buffoon, and the next set of elections will solve everything.

So there is no need for my book for an alternative system at all!

With whatever flaws Writerbeat may have, it is still far ahead of all other online discourse that I can see.

Bill H. Added Jan 12, 2018 - 1:20pm

What I find most interesting (but maybe not so surprising) is that the Trump supporters can continuously seem to come up with verbiage to excuse or support anything Trump says or does that is obviously wrong, incorrect, or simply un-presidential . Even when he fires out and obvious lie, or in the case of yesterday, uses the term "Shithole Countries" during a discussion on immigration with other high-level politicians from both parties.
If we go back in history, obvious bumbles by any President were caught and usually criticized by both "sides". I remember when LBJ picked up his dog by his ears, the outrage came loudly from everyone, no matter what party they supported. The same happened when Obama blew it on his Obamacare rollout with the website failures.
Are there ANY Trump supporters out there that would actually be willing to admit for instance that his "Shithole Countries" comment was maybe a bit out of line??
Just curious.

Recent Articles by Writers Autumn Cote follows.