Being a Racist

I learned about communism at an early age, I'm not sure exactly where or from whom. When I read George Orwell I thought he was overstating things when he said something like "Black is White, Up is Down and 2+2=5". I never thought it could get so ridiculous.

As a kid growing up I saw black and Korean kids move into our neighborhoods. I was always curious about them and the places they came from and what they thought. I made friends with them and was usually one of the first. Although racism wasn't something that was openly admitted, it certainly existed and still does exist. I don't think there is anything wrong with being racist, to want to be around your own kind. I think everyone is like this to varying degrees. If there was a table filled with black kids and a table filled with white kids, I would go sit with the white kids. I think a black kid would go sit with the black kids.

Since 2001 I have taken a purist approach to understanding political philosophy and law. I wanted to really understand what was going on at the deepest most abstract level because I am a reductionist by nature. So I read things like Plato, Aristotle, Machiavelli, Locke, many of the Greeks and worked my way up to Kant, carefully considering almost every word that man ever put to paper. Now I read about Rome.

I have developed an educated and well considered view of politics and racism. I don't care what color someones skin is when they come here. What I care about is their ethic. The West was formed and created on an ethic that is universal, the categorical imperative, the single commandment of the New Testament, The golden rule, The Roman idea of Law, The US constitution, English Jurisprudence, whatever you wish to call it, it is the same idea. Kant elucidates and proves it beyond any doubt using pure rationalism.

If you do not believe that all men should stand equally before the law and you believe that some are more equal than others then you can go back to whatever jungle, treetop, desert or mountain you came from. You are a primitive and do not deserve to live in the West because the West was largely founded by fighting off people like you.

Somehow that makes me a racist. So Orwell wasn't kidding. Up is down, black is white and 2+2 really does equal 5.

Comments

Doug Plumb Added Jan 7, 2018 - 10:18am
I should have mentioned the German contribution to this idea of common law. Before you say that I am wrong, know that there is the law and the ways of practically implementing it which has taken well over a thousand years. Rome wasn't perfect. The USA isn't perfect but until quite recently (1913 when supremicists took over the money system) was oriented toward this ideal.
Dino Manalis Added Jan 7, 2018 - 2:33pm
Being racist is serious, but used too loosely nowadays to blame most of our problems.  Like Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. said, character matters!  That's what we have to focus on as individuals; families; and a society in general.
Doug Plumb Added Jan 7, 2018 - 3:21pm
Bill H. Added Jan 7, 2018 - 10:30pm

Doug - You may not remember that Democrats and Republicans essentially "switched places" around 1900 to 1920, meaning that they essentially swapped platforms.
Dave Volek Added Jan 8, 2018 - 3:51am
Bill H
And the two parties are still blaming each other for whatever went wrong prior to the switch.
Flying Junior Added Jan 8, 2018 - 4:19am

What the hell does that have to do with racism?  What the are you even talking about concerning people that came from different jungles, deserts, mountains or trees?  Are you out of your mind?

Yes, we stand equally before the law.  It is just more likely that you will have an acceptable outcome when pulled over by the police if you are white in the U.S.A.

That has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever read in print anywhere or at any time in my life.  Nazis have to be smarter to get by.
Doug Plumb Added Jan 8, 2018 - 5:19am
re "Racism goes deeper than that.  Have you ever read a book or watched TV?  You're an American, right?"

But racism really doesn't go any deeper than that. Its not a serious thing. Someones skin color isn't really consequential, its made that way with culture. In the 80's and 90's there was much less racism. The left built up that Rodney King thing - an isolated incident - into a race war.

"What the hell does that have to do with racism?  " I regularly get accused of racism when I talk about common law.

re "I think that racism was created by the Left to permit slavery (yes the "left" have been the slave traders) originally and to create divisions now."

You should read all the books on propaganda you can. I have read several of them, any of the ones you have heard of I bet. Propaganda is not new.
opher goodwin Added Jan 8, 2018 - 5:47am
Doug - you are not talking about racism half of the time. Racism is prejudice towards people from another race. It is typified by not giving them equal opportunities, by victimisation and by stereotyping them and painting negative pictures of them. It is not confined to any race or colour. It is wrong where-ever it arises.
All people should be equal before the law. Unfortunately that is not the case. Not only are different races treated differently but the law operates differently on people with different wealth and class.
opher goodwin Added Jan 8, 2018 - 5:52am
Doug - America was founded on racism. It practiced genocide on the endemic natives - deliberately wiping them out with smallpox blankets, destruction of their food source (buffalo), forced marches, lying treaties and through direct violence. A set of despicable acts.
I presume that this is one element of the people you refer to:
Racism if ever I heard it.
Stephen Hunter Added Jan 8, 2018 - 7:50am
Thomas Sutrina Added Jan 8, 2018 - 10:26am
Chaos, is what this conversation is turning into because you all have made the discussion a stew that you have thrown anything into that even relates to the desired end conversation.

By definition a nation is a group of people that agree to defend each other against other humans.  To do this and stay moral, Natural law says you can not murder, nations dehumanize the enemy.  Opher American Indian 'nations' were the enemy and both sides dehumanized each other so they could kill each other.  Has noting to do with race, but association with the national choice.

It is in the nature of humans to classify and then dehumanize.  They put themselves in a class and define all other classes as lesser humans.  Islam is a religion that proclaims this outright.  All religions and sects within them do the same thing.  The protestants and Catholics during the 1500's had wars based on religion and those conflicts continued even into the 1900s in Ireland.

Racism, nationalism, religionism, tribism, etc. share this requirement of making those not in your group lesser humans, dehumanization.   Once that is accomplished then the standards of treatment can be changed.  In America the nation character of a melting pot restricted the changes that were allowed.   This was a government standard across religion, economics, and justice.  The Governments sent the standards at all levels.

But America was not perfict and one of the biggest failures, what was allowed was also not equal for equal classifications: Jim Crow, segregation, pole tax, etc. were dehumanizing actions sanctioned by the government.  Racism is a product of the government because they set the standards and can change those standards as they did in the 1960's with the enforcement of the  Amendments to the Constitution 13 - Slavery Abolished - Ratified 12/6/1865, 14, Citizenship Rights - Ratified 7/9/1868, and 15 - Race No Bar to Vote - Ratified 2/3/1870. The laws passed during the Eisenhower and Johnson administrations enforced them.  Prior to that the Federal Government left enforcement to the states.  The Congress during this period was controlled by the Democrats.  Only with 90% of GOP votes was it possible to overcome the opposition for multiple bills that combined to end Government sanctioned dehumanization of the black race.  Dixicrats, the opposition, in the Democratic party continued for decades with the last senator member passing away after 2000.

Racism didn't end in the 60s but continues to be sanctioned by government through government programs like welfare, public housing, education.   The regulations principles were put in place prior to the 60s and for the most part have not been significantly altered.  Housing has changed the most of the top three.

Associating the citizens with racism is a gross mis justice for the vast majority do not purposely dehumanize by race or religion.  Free enterprise, our economic system is the least dehumanizing system in the world.  Economics if you study history is the major tool outside of using the legal system that dehumanizes.  The vast majority of citizens have very little daily capacity to apply the racism that the government imposes.  We do not hand out welfare.  We do not set the budgets of schools.  What we have the most effect on is accepting the money of welfare equally to money from other sources.  The purchase of housing is reasonably equitable by race also.
opher goodwin Added Jan 8, 2018 - 10:49am
Thomas - I think you will find that the Native Americans were not the enemy. They took the first pilgrims in and fed and sheltered them through that first winter. The pilgrims would not have survived without them. Thanksgiving.
When you are invaded by a bunch of people who are not content to live in harmony but want it all then you have little choice but to fight. Of course it has everything to do with race.
That racism was evident late into the 20th century where Native American Indian babies were forcibly taken from their mothers to bring them up with Western ideology and destroy the Native American tradition.
Yep - racism is intrinsic in nationalism and religion and is the basis of many wars.
Doug Plumb Added Jan 8, 2018 - 11:04am
re " America was founded on racism. It practiced genocide on the endemic natives - deliberately wiping them out with smallpox blankets, destruction of their food source (buffalo), forced marches, lying treaties and through direct violence. "

USA was formed by Christians. Christians are not genocidal. The left has a constant record of lying wrt what white people have done. Their lies are becoming blatent and the best example is that whites have been slave traders. This idea has been put into Hollywood movies such as Amistad and any other movie having to do with slavery.
  Jews are not like Christians and slavery was legal in Israel until 2006 !! Slavery is a Jewish and Muslim thing, not a Christian thing.
  I do not believe this past as given to us by the same sources that have given us AGW, 9/11, the moon landings, the holocaust and most likely nukes. All of these are pure fiction except nukes which I cannot prove but the others are easily verifiable as lies by anyone who chooses to look. A few days ago another holocaust denier has been prosecuted rather than debated in Germany.
 I cannot believe a past that goes completely contrary to Christian ethic. Sure there was fighting between us and natives, but there was a lot of co-operation too and we did not genocide them all. Now they have equal opportunity or better.
  The current wars are enabled due to the fact that most soldiers are evolutionists and atheists and do not possess an ethic from which to judge right and wrong.
Doug Plumb Added Jan 8, 2018 - 11:08am
Stephen re "Doug, your research is interesting and we have to continue to analyze old systems and figure out what went wrong. I think one of the problems is we do not constantly work at improving our system of governance. Once you put any kind of system in place, the system has to be improved upon as time matches forward and new information is discovered. The US for example keeps wanting to go back to the constitution, created at a time when machine guns were not invented. "

I think we would be a lot safer if everyone had a machine gun. Why just governments? I don't get nervous when I see a citizen with a gun. I'd have one but guns and me don't mix, I'd shoot myself or someone else by accident. These mass shootings have all been odd and something is always hidden and you can't go around asking the wrong questions about them. Only liars cover facts. History cannot over ride basic logic.
  My angle on things comes from law, morality and ethics. I don't think enough people are looking at things from my point of view. Most default to history - to do this you have to be able to unpack the lies.
  Anything about history has to pass (1) logic and (2) fit in with the character of the people.
Thomas Sutrina Added Jan 8, 2018 - 11:14am
Tell that to a Texan family after a Apache raid.  I will agree that not every American Indian tribe was an enemy but many were.  They sided with the British during the French mostly during the French and Indian war, they sided with the British that controlled Canada during the Revolutionary war.  Race had nothing to do with is the French were very willing to have the indians as allies as were the Canadian British.  Allies formation is what nations do.

Your a little weak on the history of the American West, Opher.    The thanksgiving example is only one of the two first English settlements.  The other all died, and consider the Viking that settled in Canada.

The use of reservations for Indian NATIONS.  The destruction of the culture of conquered nations happens throughout history on every continent.  Picking and choosing Opher.

American government is creating an economic based class system not a race class system.  The race based class system that ended in the late 60's to early 70s included a economic part that did not end.  Welfare destruction of family structure, culture, and religious community occurs to all that receive it white, black, hispanic, asian, and American Indian.   What is seen in the planed black ghettos is the accumulative effect about a century and a half of both racism and 85 years of economism of forming classes.   The white poor were not concentrated in ghettos so the effect of 85 years of economism is less damaging.  The hispanics come to this country with a history of economism in their own country and actually see an improvement to a less oppressive economism in America because of the more robust free market economic system.
opher goodwin Added Jan 8, 2018 - 1:07pm
Doug - Ha Ha Ha!! You live in cuckoo land!!!
The white Christians have practiced genocide on natives in every corner of the world - North America, South America, Australia, Africa, New Zealand and elsewhere. It is well documented, callous and methodical. Whether it be the Spanish brutal thuggery and rape in South America or the North American vicious tactics used against North American Indians. To deny that is madness.
Likewise slavery. Are you seriously telling me that Christians did not participate in slavery?
opher goodwin Added Jan 8, 2018 - 1:12pm
Thomas - I was very interested in anthropology and studied what happened to the American Indians - from the eradication of all the coastal tribes through the wars against the Plains Indians to the forced removal of children in the 20th Century. The march of shame, Sand Creek, Wounded Knee, broken treaties, Little Big Horn, smallpox and chicken pox blankets, plus the near extinction of the buffalo herds make for sickening reading. It was a disgusting blemish on America.
Chris Crawford Added Jan 8, 2018 - 1:15pm
I do not perceive your views, Mr. Plumb, to be racist. You appear to place the focus on cultural beliefs, not skin color, and that is indeed the focal point. But I do have a fine point to add:

None of the immigrants to this country share our culture. It is impossible for them to do so, because they weren't raised in this culture. However, they do share the earnest desire to make a better life for themselves, and that desire is the force that will imbue them with this culture's values. The first generation will never truly integrate, but that's not of much importance. It's the second generation, raised in the country, with the combination of American values AND the fierce determination to make something of themselves, that adds so much to our culture.

I reject the notion that Americans are by nature hard-working, dedicated workers. While it's true that Americans work more hours per year than others, the "fire in the gut" burns out after a few generations. Americans who are brought up in a comfortable are not as likely to work their butts off. But the children of immigrants, constantly reminded of their parents' herculean efforts to better their lives, have that fire burning brightly. They fire up our economy with entrepreneurial energy. I don't have any data to support this claim, but my hunch is that the average first and second generation immigrants work longer and harder than the average American.

Certainly the data we have from schools, where Asian-Americans are outperforming the locals, suggests the importance of the values they bring to us. On the other hand, the poor performance of Hispanic-Americans suggests the opposite. However, there are many other factors at work that confuse the situation.
Thomas Sutrina Added Jan 8, 2018 - 1:26pm
Here is the data from a video that someone posted  www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc3p9G47VJ4.

Hollywood movies is a great start:
Hollywood is racist really        Demographics of
out of 30,000 fill characters     America
percentage                              percent
73.1 white                                72.4
12.5 black                                12.6
5.3 asian                                    4.8
4.9 hispanic
4.2 other                                 10.2
No discrimination by race it appears, almost exactly the Demographic mix.  So if we assume the quantity of actors are proportional to demographics and their quality independent of race then no racism.

This looked like his source: https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls

How about the issue of black lives matter, murder in America.  The main talking point is the police actions.  This is what the Washington Post said on that "A March 2015 study of the Philadelphia Police Department by the Justice Department found that black and Hispanic officers were more likely than white officers to shoot unarmed black individuals under the mistaken belief that those individuals were armed. . . . A study by the former acting director of the National Institute of Justice found that black officers in the New York Police Department were 3.3 times more likely than white officers to use their gun at shooting scenes. (Fryer also looked at differences in behavior between white and black officers and found that although white officers were not more likely to shoot unarmed blacks than unarmed whites, black officers were more likely to shoot unarmed whites than unarmed blacks, and more likely than white officers to shoot unarmed whites.)"

I think these overall statistics show why police are in the Black Ghettos, that is where the murders are:

2013 per 1,000,000 members
of the murderer's race                      percentage of murders
whites killed by blacks       9.83              7
blacks killed by whites       0.77            80
whites killed by whites     10.22            90
blacks killed by blacks      53.94           16
other killed by whites         2
other killed by blacks         2
murder victoms sex ratio male: female 10:1
                   white      black
male             63         77
male killed by male          70
male killed by female       30
female killed by male       74
female killed by female    26
Thomas Sutrina Added Jan 8, 2018 - 1:31pm
error in the percentage of murders the 80% is blacks killed by blacks and the 16% is whites killed by blacks.
Doug Plumb Added Jan 8, 2018 - 4:13pm
Opher re "Are you seriously telling me that Christians did not participate in slavery?  "
  It was a Jewish, Islamic and Black business. It was known as the Jewish slave trade. 70 % of Jewish homes had slaves, 2 or 3 % of Christian homes had slaves. The ships were Jewish.
  You people that are not religious do not understand what Christianity is about. It got people away from dogma and centralized power. Slaves are not lawful under Christianity.  It made common law the law throughout the West. Islamics, Jews - they keep slaves, Islamics have many wives, stone people ...this is stuff that shows their religions to be based on dogma - and they are based on centralized and secret powers. They are primitive in their beliefs. Atheists are the same way - the end justifies the means with them.
  Not every war is genocide and we didn't kill all the natives but could have. It was a war, not genocide. No one really knows what happened. Who assassinated Kennedy? How did we get Jewish money? How did we get to be so stupid as to accept this money system?
@Thomas: I've heard those stats before, an NY cop was being interviewed.

Chris Crawford Added Jan 8, 2018 - 7:32pm
Mr. Plumb, I am astounded to learn that neither the Spanish nor the landowners in the Southern states were Christians.
Doug Plumb Added Jan 8, 2018 - 8:12pm
re "I reject the notion that Americans are by nature hard-working, dedicated workers. While it's true that Americans work more hours per year than others, the "fire in the gut" burns out after a few generations. Americans who are brought up in a comfortable are not as likely to work their butts off. But the children of immigrant.."

You make no reference to an ethic in your ideas. Its all about how hard someone is willing to work. This is communism / materialism.
  Also, many immigrants want to keep their own ways and put them onto us. You assume that they all have the best of intentions.
Doug Plumb Added Jan 8, 2018 - 8:14pm
re " I am astounded to learn that neither the Spanish nor the landowners in the Southern states were Christians."

It is against the ethic of Christians to have slaves. You can't be both a Christian and a slave owner unless your slaves wish to stay with you and are not forced. In which case they are not slaves.
  Did you know that white slavery was allowed in Israel until 2006?
Chris Crawford Added Jan 8, 2018 - 8:21pm
Mr. Plumb, my comment that neither the Spanish nor the Southerners were not Christians was meant to be ironic. But you seem to embrace the notion. Are you declaring that neither the Spanish nor the Southerners, during the period in which they held slaves, were not Christians? They sure thought so.
Doug Plumb Added Jan 8, 2018 - 9:59pm
How do you know what they thought ? How can one call themselves Christian and break the single commandment of the New Testament ? Does Judaism or Islam forbid slavery ? You want to win the argument, re-enforce your own beliefs and avoid facts.
opher goodwin Added Jan 9, 2018 - 5:14am
Doug - I am astounded that you could take your anti-Semitism as far as to suggest that slavery was run by the Jews.
The sequence of events were:
the black African tribes raided each other and sold slaves to the Arabs
The Arabs sold them on to white traders - mainly English, French, Dutch, Portuguese and Spanish - who were Christian.

Historical records show that Islam and Christianity played an important role in enslavement in Africa. The Arab-controlled Trans-Saharan slave trade helped to institutionalise slave trading on the continent. And during the 'age of expedition', European Christians witnessed caravans loaded with Africans en-route to the Middle East. Others arriving much later in West Africa observed slavery in African societies, leading them to assume that African enslavement was intrinsic to the continent.
For many of these early European explorers, the Bible was not only regarded as infallible, it was also their primary reference tool and those looking for answers to explain differences in ethnicity, culture, and slavery, found them in Genesis 9: 24-27, which appeared to suggest that it was all a result of 'sin'.

I suggest you read this:
opher goodwin Added Jan 9, 2018 - 5:18am
Doug - you sure do need to brush up on history. Slave owners in the South were Christians. They justified their abominable actions through the bible.

Slave owners had many justifications for why holding people in bondage was acceptable. From the idea that African Americans were a lesser race who needed taking care of by white patriarchs to the economic justification, slave owners were always trying to find new ways to dispute those who disagreed with their choice to hold others in captivity. Charleston slave holders were no exception in attempting to find justifications to mask their guilt. Often, religion came into play, on both the slavery and anti-slavery sides of the debate. In 1835, at the end of two long articles about religion and slavery in the Charleston Mercury, it was said that both the Old and New Testament give permission to hold others as slaves. In the Old Testament, God and the Patriarchs approve. As for the New Testament, Jesus and the Apostles show that slavery is permissible. Therefore, slavery, to those who wrote the article, was not an anti-Christian institution. It was just the opposite. Furthermore, they added, it is impious to say slavery is anti-Christian because such a conclusion contradicted God.

It doesn't take much digging to come up with the truth.
Doug Plumb Added Jan 9, 2018 - 5:52am
Opher, these sources that you have for your information - what do they say about 9-11?
  Its common knowledge now that Jews rand the slave trade, lots of historians on the web but their books cannot get published by the Jewish press.
  These are FACTS, quite different from feelings. Your leftist mind does not distinguish between the two.
  Just because I think the slave trade was predominantly Jewish (and has been through the modern age, which I have proven and you can verify on wiki) does not mean that I am anti simetic. Black is white, up is down and 2+2=5.
  See Michael Hoffman, E Michael Jones, Henry Makow, Thomas Sowell + lots of other black intellectuals. These may have been pre labeled as anti sietic to prevent you from listening to them. I know that a little bomb goers off in your mind when you are near an opinion that has been judged to be anti simetic.
  Only truth can truly create a common ground from which peace can arise. Stop censoring your own thoughts.

re "It doesn't take much digging to come up with the truth.  " Yes it does.

Doug Plumb Added Jan 9, 2018 - 5:58am
You should watch the movie "1984" on youtube Opher.
Doug Plumb Added Jan 9, 2018 - 5:59am
Opher: you calling me anti semitic is a text-book perfect example of a Pavlovian response.
Thomas Sutrina Added Jan 9, 2018 - 8:16am
Opher your trying to attach today's standard to the 1800s, "Charleston slave holders were no exception in attempting to find justifications to mask their guilt."   NO GUILT.  They actually believed that blacks were lesser humans so nothing to be guilty of.  The church did not have to prove anything to the people of the south that they served.  Those proofs were for the abolitionist.   And many in the north also believe blacks were lesser humans which included Abraham Lincoln or at least he was not sure.  You see Lincoln said they are still human even if they are lesser humans, thus no slavery.

Why do you think the 13th, 14th, & 15th Amendments could be easily ignored?   That is because the blacks were lesser humans.  Wilson and FDR believed blacks were lesser humans but as a nation the percentage of the citizens that believe that were decreasing.  Today that percentage is in the lower single digits.   That is why we now have a economic class society which still defines the poor as lesser humans.  And those percentages are high.

We also have apologist trying to tell us that we own blacks for the effects of slavery.  However human history is a history of slavery.  I would bet that every human has had a distant relative that was once a slave.  So what they are arguing is the division line.  Those after that line should be compensated and those before the line not.  I personally place that line much closer to the present day.  I place it at one generation, at most one century but likely 60 years.  So the effects of serfdom , segregation is at the end of those 60 years.  The election of Obama is a clear indication that it is over.  No need to give special treatment.
opher goodwin Added Jan 9, 2018 - 10:20am
Doug - I suppose you think the Spanish Christian Conquistadors didn't rape, torture and pillage the Incas?
I do not for one single second believe your preposterous idea that slavery was carried out by the Jews. It was Christians. You can't rewrite history.
I also imagine you deny the atrocities carried out by the Crusaders?
The owners of the Southern Plantations or the West Indies Plantations were all Christians too. Or are you going to populate the whole world with Jews?
I've read and studied Orwell thanks and I've seen the film. He was a socialist who was appalled at the communist betrayals in the Spanish Civil War. Likewise Hemmingway did a brilliant expose in his For Whom The Bell Tolls.
opher goodwin Added Jan 9, 2018 - 10:22am
Thomas - slavery still goes on. We are uncovering instances in Britain today and ISIS totally justified it in their vile doctrine.
The Christian slave owners and white population did indeed look on blacks as subhuman. Some misguided fools still do.
Doug Plumb Added Jan 9, 2018 - 11:52am
Opher, what makes you think you can know the truth about history by going to a university or government organization? What do your sources say about 9-11? This is a good litimus test.
  By definition, Christians cannot be slave owners or dealers. The same is not true for Islamics and Jews. Many Christians only pretend to be, many are actually Luciferians in practice. Lucifer is the Jewish god, which makes them Jewish if they worship the Jewish God, even if they call themselves Christians.
opher goodwin Added Jan 9, 2018 - 6:42pm
Doug - history shows that Christians have been torturers, murders and perverts. The churches are full of kiddie fiddlers. Christians were involved in lynching, slavery, rape and terror. They burnt down churches and shot people. On the Crusades they committed multitudes of atrocities. At one castle they threw hundreds down a well to die. They've burnt supposed witches in barrels of burning tar. They used to burn people at stakes.
Christians have been right up there with the cruellest, meanest, nastiest people on the planet.
Doug Plumb Added Jan 9, 2018 - 6:52pm
You don't seem to understand that a rock cannot be a tree just because it thinks its a tree- or you think it is a tree.
opher goodwin Added Jan 12, 2018 - 2:03pm
Doug - it's you who is arguing that rocks are trees. You need to read some history and wake up to reality.