The Olympic is Dead Long Live the Olympics: No to Neo-American Hitler-ism

Treating some athletes differently from others bespeaks discrimination because President Trump wishes to show he has a bigger one than Little Kim, the Mullahs, and leaders of other nations  trying to get a bigger one, and not saying UNCLE in the process. Hitler wanted to show that his was better than those of other nations. But he was shown the error of his ways by Black athletes who caused him to leave town before sundown. He literally ran out of the Olympics.

The spirit of the Olympics promulgated peace and goodwill among nations, which spokes of their might through the prowess of their athletes, rather than that of their soldiers' swords and chariots. If the Olympics is anathema to this current time, lets end it and revert to war rather than having this charade that embarrasses the individual athlete.

If we do not speak up, the rights of American groups, held disdainful, to speak up and demonstrate will be the next targets.

Comments

Thomas Sutrina Added Feb 9, 2018 - 9:17am
Maybe you haven't heard.  Olympic organization in America is not part of the Federal Government. Don't receive a penny funding.  Olympics as an event is political just as the one Trump went to in Switzerland.  That also was not funded by the Federal Government.  When people of influence meet from different countries it is political.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Feb 9, 2018 - 10:08am
America says who and what can be done and that is adversely impacting the Olympics. Giving a cell phone to certain athletes is frowned upon by the US and, thus, host nations are tied  to our dicktates.
Tubularsock Added Feb 9, 2018 - 10:55am
Dr. Green, Tubularsock agrees with ending the Olympic Games AND war participation as well. The Games have always been political that is why they were invented.

Being the person that can run, jump, and flip better than anyone else
may be fun but so what? Who really cares?

The kind of money that is spent for very little return could be much better spent for things that would make a difference. But wasting money seems to be the main sport going down.

Yet, some people are able to stack the cash in their offshore accounts as usual.
Leroy Added Feb 9, 2018 - 8:07pm
Tom C. Purcell Added Feb 9, 2018 - 8:16pm
Affirmative mongrelization  * Affirmative mediocrity * Negative results.

Dino Manalis Added Feb 10, 2018 - 12:41pm
Maybe, the Olympics should return to their origin in Greece and stay there!
Jeff Michka Added Feb 10, 2018 - 4:28pm
Maybe, the Olympics should return to their origin in Greece and stay there- Can we send Dino the Bot back to Greece, too?
Flying Junior Added Feb 10, 2018 - 7:04pm

Leroy,

That sounds a little bit far-fetched to me.  Source?

I'm looking for world champion snow boarder, Shaun White, to take the gold in Monday's Half-Pipe competition.  His third gold medal.
Tom C. Purcell Added Feb 10, 2018 - 7:13pm
These days, it seems a substantial portion of Americans believe a diverse team of mediocrity ought to supersede an elite team that's too White.
Flying Junior Added Feb 10, 2018 - 9:02pm
Leroy,

Tom is a racist Nazi, so it is no surprise.  But why would a just man such as yourself buy into this hatefest?  Your comment is particularly offensive in light of the subject matter of Dr. Green's article.

I went ahead and found it myself.  No surprise there.  It was an opinion piece provided to us by FOX.  But FOX has a reputation to uphold and something resembling a conscience.  It has since been pulled by cooler heads.

Here it is archived to live in infamy for the rest of our lives.

Here is the hypothesis from this ignorant hit piece.

Unless it’s changed overnight, the motto of the Olympics, since 1894, has been “Faster, Higher, Stronger.” It appears the U.S. Olympic Committee would like to change that to “Darker, Gayer, Different.” If your goal is to win medals, that won’t work.

A USOC official was target="_blank">quoted this week expressing pride (what else?) about taking the most diverse U.S. squad ever to the Winter Olympics. That was followed by a, frankly, embarrassing laundry list of how many African-Americans, Asians and openly gay athletes are on this year’s U.S. team. No sport that we are aware of awards points – or medals – for skin color or sexual orientation.

I was going to guess Rush Limbaugh was the source.  Remember when he got kicked off of Monday Night Football?  Have we really learned nothing in the last fifteen years?  We are probably making negative progress if you ask me.
Leroy Added Feb 10, 2018 - 9:25pm
That's for the lecture, FJ.  Your attitude explains why AI will never succeed.
Stephen Hunter Added Feb 11, 2018 - 8:23am
Dr. Rupert Green Added Feb 16, 2018 - 4:07pm
@ Leroy. "Word has it that the US won't be bringing home as many medals this time.  PC has hit the US Olympic team.   It's diversity over talent."

Is it that President Trump's policy of inclusiveness appears to advance men who are dainty?

@ "Tom Affirmative mongrelization  * Affirmative mediocrity * Negative results.

Anyway, with WWIII on the horizon it makes no sense to have international games that serve as a stage for the political stars to pose and nod for various acts.  No thanks."

Your penchant for brutal words in support of White supremacy begins your response. However, you reveal your human side with your saying, '... a stage for the political stars to pose and nod for various acts."

Dr. Rupert Green Added Feb 16, 2018 - 4:15pm
@Jeff. Maybe, "the Olympics should return to their origin in Greece and stay there- Can we send Dino the Bot back to Greece, too?"

Great observation. I ponder Dino's responses which so lack depth of reasoning.

@ Flying Junior.

"For the current USOC, a dream team should look more like the general population. So, while uncomfortable, the question probably needs to be asked:  were our Olympians selected because they’re the best at what they do, or because they’re the best publicity for our current obsession with having one each from Column A, B and C?"

Your point is well understood. A contradiction emerges from  preceding citation. This integration is happening under President Trump's watch---a person described as racist.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Feb 16, 2018 - 4:18pm
@Hunter. So heartening to see S Korea invite N Korean athletes to compete under one Korea. There is hope for mankind!

Yes indeed. Remember what happened when Russia and America was about to press the nuclear button,  Nixon invited the Russians to go in space.

Tom C. Purcell Added Feb 16, 2018 - 5:02pm
"Wasn't Robin Hood, a character of your elk a star in Nodgingham?  And perhaps he is the genesis of the shortcomings of the nodding individuals you referenced? Careful of what you say, White women have had negative birth rate for sometimes now, even though the KKK was paying then to ... more with White men to also stop the "mongrelization."

Robin Hood was a human, not an elk.  Do you mean to say, 'ilk'?  That might make more sense, Rupe.  So where's 'Nodgingham'?  Heh, then read the rest of your comments to me and axe yourself if it makes any sense... The KKK paying then to?  You mean the KKK is paying White Women to have sex with them?  That's called prostitution, actually.  I don't know what they call it where you come from... 'Initiation', maybe?

I'm not a White supremacist just because I stand up for my own folk.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Feb 16, 2018 - 5:46pm
@Tom. just back from strenuous grant writing shit and unwinding. I got a laugh from your response. If I stated you are a White supremacist, I am out of line. I never assert facts without evidence. As per paying White women to have children, not only in America is it happening.

Thomas Sutrina Added Feb 16, 2018 - 6:12pm
Jeff M.,  NO CLOTH  sounds great, "Maybe, the Olympics should return to their origin in Greece."
Doug Plumb Added Feb 17, 2018 - 7:20am
I like the idea of Olympics, I know that its more elitism in one sense, but I think its great that these athletes put so much into something to show us what is possible.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Feb 17, 2018 - 9:10am
@ Doug. "  I don 't see anything wrong with all black basketball teams and all white hockey. It seems to me that that shows the races are a bit different and those differences should be acknowledged and celebrated, not ignored."

Here is a matter of wealth and opportunity. Blacks can nail a milk crate to a light post and have the major piece of equipment. Whites can get access to ice rinks. Therein you would see why one group excel at a particular sport.

Riley Brown Added Feb 17, 2018 - 12:56pm
 Dr. Rupert Green I think you should rethink your statement regarding:

"the races are a bit different and those differences should be acknowledged and celebrated, not ignored"

That statement feeds right into all the folks who would like to blame ongoing problems in the Black community like generational poverty, high unemployment, the high incidence of fatherless families, low scholastic achievement, and the horrendous violence statistics, on genetic differences in intelligence.  You can't say Black people are different physically without implying they could also be different mentally, a brain is just a different part of the body.  Even if you believe it's true, I think you should not say it in public.

I suggest you stick to the fact that more blacks have access to basketballs and footballs than ice skating rinks and pools.  That is a fact, and can't be correlated to physiological differences that your enemies can use to confirm their beliefs about Black intelligence and justify further discrimination.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Feb 17, 2018 - 1:38pm
@ Riley, " think you should rethink your statement regarding:

I cited Doug.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Feb 17, 2018 - 1:45pm
@ Riley, I did not address the substantive nature of Doug's statement. I merely made a point.  When the dust is settled, I would have probably expounded.  I dont chase contributors away with rhetorical retorts showing me to be bombastic MF. Even so, when people make extreme comments, I do not get hot under the collar to correct them. Over a period of exchanges, individuals could arrive at their own enlightenment. Thats my style.
Riley Brown Added Feb 18, 2018 - 11:55am
Dr. Rupert Green Added Feb 19, 2018 - 8:27pm
@"Rubert, then I do suppose I should have read back further and directed my observation to Doug"

Yes indeed.