I received a few complaints recently about my selection criteria for which articles to promote. So I thought it would be helpful if I restated the criteria in the order it matters to me:
1) Recent articles. Anything more than 48 hours old, will not be promoted.
2) Authors that comment on the work of others.
3) Authors that have a track record of engaging his or her commenters.
4) Nicely formatted, grammatically sound articles.
5) Non-racist, comment inducing articles.
By way of example, the two articles I most recently promoted are below: