Beware of the Kangaroo

The Stock market has Afib and while it can go away on its own, it can also lead to a stroke. Mr. Market has had a good laugh at the expense of investors over the past few weeks and gives credence to Jesse Livermore's adage that the stock market is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time. The computer driven algorithms have been in a tizzy as well, wherein 2 weeks ago using words like tariff or North Korea caused selling, last week those same words drove systems to the buy side. It is time to be cautious.

Comments

Autumn Cote Added Mar 12, 2018 - 10:21am
Many thanks for your first submission to Writer Beat!  I have two pieces of advice to offer to help draw more attention to your work:

1) Include an author avatar/photo.  If you don't know how to do it, I'll be happy to help.

2) Comment on the work of others.
John King Added Mar 12, 2018 - 11:52am
Thanks, I will
Charles Frankhauser Added Mar 12, 2018 - 12:07pm
It's often said that the market is driven by future earnings expectations.  The Federal Reserve works the interest rate lever or has the capability of working it.  Workers hope for positive results in their retirement plans and yet where can the funds be deposited with some hope for growth other than the market Currently?  Statistics are collected, interviews are conducted, computers grind away and people get rich for the day and also the other way.  When the market gets nervous people cause the nervousness or a trigger in an algorithm gets tripped and away we go.  It's just the way it is, it's what makes the show on TV everyday.  The more folks invest and understand the market, moving in, moving out, sprinkling money all about--Good post--thanks for the observations re market.
John King Added Mar 12, 2018 - 12:59pm
Thanks for yours too.
George N Romey Added Mar 12, 2018 - 2:56pm
With the Fed’s plunge protection desk the market is now fixed.
Ari Silverstein Added Mar 12, 2018 - 3:16pm
Afib, Jesse Livermore, Quacera Chronicle, what the heck are you selling / talking about?
Even A Broken Clock Added Mar 12, 2018 - 3:19pm
Am I the only one who is only seeing half of the entries below the first paragraph? It's like only the left side of the page for me.
John King Added Mar 13, 2018 - 6:21pm
Dear Mr. Silverstein: I write a series of articles on the stock market. They'er free; my opinion plus excerpts from other blogs I find interesting & I believe my readers might as well. The Afib remark is called a metaphor. It was meant to help readers (not yourself, I assume) better understand the larger point that the stock market is getting extremely volatile. Evidence of this can be found in the see-saw trading lately. Jesse Livermore was a pseudonym for a legendary stock trader who made & lost millions in the 1920s. I'm sorry you were confused by my article but if you like, I can send you a bibliography. But if not, don't worry, you can ignore any further submissions from me. and that's free too.
Mustafa Kemal Added Mar 13, 2018 - 10:34pm
Even a Broken Clock, no, I get tiny little print.
John King, couldnt read your article, would definitely like to.
Ari, my other sources say Afib also and there plenty to learn from Jesse Livermore

John King, give it to us so we can read it!
Mustafa
Autumn Cote Added Mar 14, 2018 - 3:38am
Are you sure I can't upload a photo/avatar to your Writer Beat account for you?