News organizations that print sensational lies, like The Washington Post

I'm getting a little tired of watching so called "news" organizations like The Washington Post print lies as though they are news in order to manipulate public opinion.  Case in point their recent headline, "Putin condemned for saying Jews may have manipulated U.S. election"

No one reading that has any doubt what it's about, and of course it offended lots of people but what he really said was very different.  He was denying Russian State involvement in the efforts to influence our elections and said in an interview:  “Maybe they’re not even Russians,”, and “Maybe they’re Ukrainian, Tatars, Jews — just with Russian citizenship.” He also speculated that France, Germany or “Asia” might have interfered in the election — or even Russians paid by the U.S. government.  Of course those details were buried in article, which most people never read.  Putting misleading headlines on AP news stories is not what a major NEWS organization should be doing, they aren't NEWS they are BLOGGERS.

Equally guilty are all the people who were upset by the headline but didn't bother to look at the details, or were still foaming at the mouth and fanning the flames because even what Putin really said bruised their delicate snowflake sensibilities.  Grow up and get a life.

George N Romey Added Mar 13, 2018 - 10:33am
And those on network and cable news channels are mostly entertainers.
Riley Brown Added Mar 13, 2018 - 10:44am
George, they are managed by people with two goals, and neither of them is informing the public about what's really going on.
The first is ratings, most will say or do anything, even print lies to improve their ratings.
The second is to support political groups they like and most freely twist the truth and don't share information that doesn't support their preferred point of view.
Gerrilea Added Mar 13, 2018 - 10:47am
Riley B--- Operation Mockingbird.
From the "Black Vault":
    "Operation Mockingbird was a secret campaign by the United
     States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to influence media.
     Begun in the 1950s, it was initially organized by Cord Meyer
     and Allen W. Dulles, it was later led by Frank Wisner after
     Dulles became the head of the CIA.
     The organization recruited leading American journalists into
     a network to help present the CIA’s views, and funded some
     student and cultural organizations, and magazines as fronts.
     As it developed, it also worked to influence foreign media
     and political campaigns, in addition to activities by other
     operating units of the CIA."
Need anything more be said?
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 13, 2018 - 10:52am
Putin condemned for saying Jews may have manipulated U.S. election
Condemned ? He surely has a point......
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 13, 2018 - 10:56am
Meyer ? Well....the name itself tells it.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 13, 2018 - 10:59am
BTW: When you happen to read Cohn, Cohen, Kohn etc. you can be dead-sure that there is a Jewish connection. Same as any Green...Gold....Silver....steen...stein.
Don't get me wrong: 99% of Jews are ok as we are (or think we are). But those 1% fuck up the whole image. Same as here in Switzerland the guys from Kosovo. When you have a name that ends with -ic you hardly get a job, although only 1% of them are criminals.
TexasLynn Added Mar 13, 2018 - 11:43am
What you are describing has been going on for decades; with the mainstream media being a wholly owned subsidiary of the left.  They have always feigned objectivity and I think some of them even believed it (and still do).
A tipping point was reached with the election of Trump.  It's as if that event caused a collective little blood vessel in the brain of the left to burst.  You see it in the media, you even see it in the writers and commenter on WB.  You can almost envision a left eye twitching as they mumble and type away at a story.
The scary part (especially in the U.S.) is that the system kind-of depends on a free press as a watchdog (thus the 1st Amendment protections).  The founding fathers were worried about government subversion and oppression of the press, but they never dreamed the press as a whole would choose to sell itself out.
Riley Brown Added Mar 13, 2018 - 12:12pm
Stone eater, please do share the evidence you know about that confirmed your belief that the Jews were conspiring to effect our last Presidential election.
Riley Brown Added Mar 13, 2018 - 12:19pm
Texas I don't think our founding fathers were worried about the press becoming too loyal to a specific party, they were worried about government efforts to censor the press and people who might be speaking out against the government.
Amendments aren't laws, they are governing principals that the state can't take away and theoretically can't be nullified by laws made in our courts.
I do agree that the vast majority of our information is coming to us though media outlets that are much more interested in giving us a one sided view so they can make us think what they want, than giving us a realistic view of reality so that we can decide for ourselves.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 13, 2018 - 12:34pm
Now do you really think that the US would do that when there'd be no Jews in charge of it ? There's more to that but you can look it up yourself. Israel is a non-official US state, at least an outpost for strategic reasons.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 13, 2018 - 12:36pm
BTW: Therefore it's logical that they have an influence on US elections, don't you think ? Ever looked at the old Bush cabinet and who was in there ? The FED ? Goldman-Sachs......Goldmann-Sachs, to be precise.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 13, 2018 - 12:37pm
BTW: Sometimes it helps to speak German to see the small signs.
mark henry smith Added Mar 13, 2018 - 12:39pm
Thanks Riley, good info. I don't read the Post.
Honestly, I don't think Jewish interests are on the left or right. I think they come at us from both sides, skewing the information to cause dissention among people who might threaten their hegemony.
Jewish interests are very involved in gambling in America, have been pushing it for decades, wait, many, many decades, and prostitution, and pot, and lots of activities that were run by Jewish mafia interests that have become mainstream as they've gained more political power on the backs of civil rights legislation that promoted black, and minorities front and center, but behind the scenes has done more to help Jewish interests than anyone.
Who runs the programs gets the most money and the most influence, not the recipients of the programs. Look at Trump, he's definitely got some ties to Russian mafia figures, but he's also in bed with Adelson, I think that's right, the Las Vegas gambling tycoon, and Steve Winn, and a whole slew of rich, conservative Jews.
Let's be clear about how the game is played. You never tell who you're in bed with. You publicly get in bed with people you're opposed to so you can gather information that can be used by the people you're really in bed with. Trump isn't a Nazi, but don't you think all the anti-defamation league people, and Israeli hit squads roaming all over the world killing enemies of the state would like those people to identify themselves on social media? Once they have a firm grip on our government, don't you think they'd want the citizen disarmed and cowed?
Putin is correct. It's much more likely that AIPAC and other Jewish groups are influencing our elections to gain outcomes they can advance their cause with, than the Russians. The Russians are just an easy target to create obfuscation. And this constant message that we have to feel pity for the poor Jews, feel guilty for what happened, feeds into a Jewish agenda. I can say that the Russians meddled in our elections, or the Brits, and people might say I'm naïve. But if I say Israel did, I'm called an anti-Semite. And if I wonder why Israeli lobbyists don't have to register with the US government, as do all other foreign lobbyists, again, I'm labeled an anti-Semite.
Is it any wonder why everybody hates the Jews?
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 13, 2018 - 12:40pm
BTW: That was and is not a conspiracy. People who already are in control don't need to conspire. Ask yourself why there's no Arabs, Asians, Latinos or Blacks in high posts in these organisations, companies or government. Coincidence ?
mark henry smith Added Mar 13, 2018 - 12:44pm
That last line is from a Jewish man, Tom Lehr, on his album, What a Week that Was, in the song, National Brotherhood week. The Jews know what's going on and some rebel, but if they do they get called, self-haters.
TexasLynn Added Mar 13, 2018 - 12:49pm
Stone, I'm confused... the links were all concerning military aid/spending to Israel.  Where was the information on the Jews conspiring to affect the 2016 Presidential election?
Are you just saying there is a Jewish conspiracy in control of "everything"?  Wouldn't that be a different argument... How can you conspire to affect something you have total control over?
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 13, 2018 - 12:57pm
I didn't bring the word conspiracy up, actually :-)
I was talking about a connection. And when Putin said "may have" this is a possibility he thinks could exist, but he assumes. No conspiracy.
TexasLynn Added Mar 13, 2018 - 12:57pm
Riley, my point is the founding fathers took steps to prevent the press from being caged by the obvious threat (the government) ... but never imagined the press would willingly create and cage itself.
We agree on the vast majority of information coming from the media is a one-sided view with a purpose of directing thought and action... not informing.  But I will also submit that a great majority of that majority does so from a leftist slant.
You can easily list major news outlets slanted right.  If may take more than one hand... but not much more.  Almost everything else is to the left and much is to the extreme left.  You would need fingers, toes, and hairs on your head to list them all.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 13, 2018 - 1:10pm
The only thing I can blame on the so-called leftists in the US and here in Europe is the invention of PC and that LGBT crap which keeps people from seeing what really matters in this world.
Instead of thinking about how we can prevent another major war people fight about unisex toilets.
Fucking hilarious !
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 13, 2018 - 1:11pm
BTW: What do you prefer when your country is in shambles ? Food and shelter or a unisex toilet ? LOL
Riley Brown Added Mar 13, 2018 - 2:28pm
Stone Eater, I don't see any suggestion in the links you are providing that Jews are responsible for any of the decisions, can you please provide links that show that missing piece of your argument?
By the same logic I suppose we must have lots of Haiti people making decisions here too... we have given them a lot of money.
I would speculate that we give a lot to Israel because the are a committed ally in a part of the world where we have few long term friends we can count on for things like UN support and even military assistance.  Without Israel's support we'd have a hard time keeping our own military presence in that region, so NO, I'm not the least bit surprised we help keep them alive so we can keep taking advantage of their ongoing cooperation.
However I see no evidence that any of that has been done by Jews in our country that are in charge of anything.
Riley Brown Added Mar 13, 2018 - 2:30pm
Stone Eater, what is a unisex toilet?  I know what a urinal is, and thought all toilets were unisex.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 13, 2018 - 2:39pm
A unisex toilet is a toilet for both sexes and some new invented ones. As people are driving unithought, unibehave, unidress and unispeak. Uni is easier to control.
We have caught that disease in Europe. And people cried out ! Transvestites, Transgenders, Males, Females, Queers and Lesbians, Pedophiles, Molesters etc. all wanted their own toilet, no sir. Then they proposed unisex. No sir, that don't work as well.
Should tell all of them: Dig a hole somewhere and shit into it, if you don't have another problem than this.
When I explained that gender stuff in Africa, people asked me earnestly if we Whites have gone completely astray. We don't know how to eat twice a day, and you have problems like that ?!?
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 13, 2018 - 2:45pm
You don't get the point. They are part of it, not alone responsible. I told you, a confirmation won't be available of course, this is not USA Today news for the public.
When you have a group of people who decide, and you have a majority of members of the same background, logically that decision tends to go in favor of them.
?!? That's not the same logic at all. Either you don't understand my argument, or you derive from the subject I talk about...
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 13, 2018 - 2:49pm
BTW: Maybe you can answer following question:
Why is it that the US supports Israel so strongly ? What's the reason ? The holocaust can't be a reason, if not they wouldn't have killed all these people in wars from Iraq to Libya to Syria lately....because when you help a suffering people you don't start to kill others, right ?
*sarcasm off*
Riley Brown Added Mar 13, 2018 - 2:58pm
Stone Eater, are you telling me you think Jews in the US are making us support Israel or just joking because you think that's an absurd thing to say and don't really think there is any evidence to support that statement.  I know what satire is but am not sure you are trying to be funny, but sometimes you sound serious.
I just looked it up and Jews only make up 1.4% of the US population. I think it would be a little insane to suggest that 98% of our population is controlled by a minority that is that tiny.  They aren't that smart and everyone else isn't that stupid.
Riley Brown Added Mar 13, 2018 - 3:01pm
Stone Eater,  I just reread your rambling comment on unisex toilets several times, and must admit I don't believe you wanted it to make sense.  How can you expect anyone to take anything you say seriously when you say things like that.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 13, 2018 - 3:14pm
Cite what I said and I explain what you don't understand.
BTW: ANYTHING I say ? Ok, let's leave it at that. When you think that you don't understand one of my arguments and say at the same time that all of my arguments on any subject are not to be taken seriously, that's ok with me :-)
Bill H. Added Mar 13, 2018 - 4:51pm
Just as the American People should be tired of a "President" who constantly lies and is backed up by "news" organizations that perpetuate and reinforce his lies.
It Appears both Putin and Trump are certainly working together to try and manipulate US citizens and turn them into the putty that they both can mold in any fashion they prefer.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Mar 13, 2018 - 4:51pm
Riley, great article. I also saw that lie.
Of course, you made the WB error no 1: Never mention Jews if you want to keep your thread clean.
Anyway, as you probably know German media is even more one-sided, more left-wing, and more dishonest than American media and everything is so controlled that conservative voices are not directly heard, but referred like in 'The American right doesn't care how many children are killed through guns'.
There is currently a fuss about a novel author, Uwe Tellkamp, who dared to give conservative opinions on a book fair stage. It was within a proper debate setting, which is very, very uncommon in Germany. His right-wing views included that immigrants bring values that don't belong to us like the acceptance of the death penalty. So, of course, he is well on the left of Obama and Clinton. So the media, if they report on it in order to condemn him (which is better than hushing everything which is what they usually do) they are shocked about his right-wing extremist, pegida-like views, views that US Sen Feinstein offered 20 yrs ago.
So, I'm also tired. I'm tired of the lies. I'm tired that people who want to correct lies are deplatformed. I'm just tired of it all.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 13, 2018 - 5:15pm
are you telling me you think Jews in the US are making us support Israel
You got it. Simple as that.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 13, 2018 - 5:20pm
Never mention Jews if you want to keep your thread clean
Why not ? The problem is that PC forbids that ? As in every race, there's criminals, and Jews are not an exception. When this is seen as anti-Semitic, there's clearly something wrong in the people who see it that way. It's the INDIVIDUAL which is accused, not a people. And when these individuals happen to be from the same tribe, so be it. Could as well be Arabs, Chinese or others.
TexasLynn Added Mar 13, 2018 - 5:26pm
Benjamin, I really appreciate the above comment.  I learned something today.  I had no idea the media was as you described it in Germany.  It concerns me that the people would allow such... not that I'm picking on Germans... we (in the U.S.) would also, and are in fact headed that direction.
You're also right about the ... uhhh... the... ixnay onyay ewsjay.
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 13, 2018 - 5:26pm
People are so manipulated that they prefer Trump and Putin being enemies and going to war instead of being content when they work together. More stupid ain't possible.
Only people who haven't experienced a war can be so delusional. We in Europe know what war is. You don't. And don't talk about that secessionist thing. That's peanuts compared to WWII HERE.
When I was a kid I learnt it's better to get along than to fight. Maybe I'm old fashioned and need to get a rocket launcher to meet my imaginary enemy ?
Riley Brown Added Mar 13, 2018 - 5:52pm
Stone Eater, do you have any proof the Jews are making the US do things?
I don't believe less than 2% of the population make the 98% do something without there being any proof?
James Travil Added Mar 13, 2018 - 6:26pm
I for one didn't read the story as I stopped reading the fake news Washington Post when I learned that their owner is a CIA contractor and they began publishing outright lies about Trump and Russia. Their outrageous Russian Hacking conspiracy theories hoax is clearly intended to either start a omnicidal nuclear war with Russia or gain more money and power for the MIC. Perhaps both. Either way as "journalism" goes they and most corporate mainstream media outlets have lost their credibility with me entirely.
James Travil Added Mar 13, 2018 - 6:30pm
"That kind of support has to be approved of by congress, do you think they too are run by the Jews."
opher goodwin Added Mar 13, 2018 - 8:30pm
Perfectly summed up.
So where do we get the truth? Certainly not from the mad sources I see arrayed on this site.
Bill H. Added Mar 13, 2018 - 9:43pm
SEF - I don't prefer Trump and Putin being enemies. I just don't appreciate them working together to allow a takeover of our system by the Russian government.
If Trump actually wanted to work peacefully with the Russians, along with standing firm for U.S. values and interests, then I would be all for it. From what I am seeing, Trump is simply a puppet of Russia and making exactly the moves that Putin desires to enable the takeover.
I remember when Republicans were the outspoken voices against the "Evil plot of Russia to take over the USA". Seems they now totally approve of it.
James Travil Added Mar 13, 2018 - 9:58pm
Mr. H if Trump is Putin’s puppet the strings must be cut, because the ridiculous sanctions are still in place, Russia is still surrounded by NATO and the United States, and Russia is still demonized for simply rejecting American hegemony.
Katharine Otto Added Mar 13, 2018 - 10:05pm
The Jews are smarter than everybody else and gravitate to positions of money, power and influence, like medicine, law, business, media, entertainment, and most important, banking.  It is claimed our entire banking system was engineered by the Rothschild family and its minions, that the Warburgs financed Hitler, and that Hitler wouldn't have risen to power except for the hyperinflation in Germany after WWI, in which the Jews seemed to prosper more than anyone.
But the banking industry controls everyone, including Congress, and Goldman Sachs has dominated the Fed for years.
As far as media bias is concerned, you're right that article headlines are frequently misleading.  What bugs me more is the predictions, speculations, and anonymous sources that have become standard fare in so-called news stories.  It's sloppy reporting that reads more like opinion than fact.  Stories reveal the reporter's bias by which anonymous sources they choose to quote.  We used to call it "gossip."
Jim Hetzer Added Mar 13, 2018 - 11:51pm
Riley, your example of the Washington Post printing lies is that it reported that Putin denied Russian involvement in the US elections, and then blamed the Jews.  The next thing you quoted had Putin blaming his enemies for interfering with the US elections, which included Tartars and Jews.
Jim Hetzer Added Mar 13, 2018 - 11:52pm
Given the short attention span of many readers, headlines are written to grab attention.  As you stated in your article, the Post clarified the headline down in the article.  That isn't publishing a lie.
Michael B. Added Mar 14, 2018 - 2:14am
Riley, absolutely nothing new under the Sun here. Why do you think there is such an apparent explosion of fake news, and from what were hitherto solid members of the so-called Fourth Estate? For some reason, I think the big dogs are thinking along the lines of Alfred Hitchcock before he made Psycho: he observed that a lot of cheap and low-brow horror movies made by rank amateurs were raking it in at the box office, and he said, "What would happen if one of these kinds of movies was made by someone really good".
Stone-Eater Friedli Added Mar 14, 2018 - 4:55am
Dino Manalis Added Mar 14, 2018 - 8:19am
News has to be newsworthy, not ideological opinion!
Riley Brown Added Mar 14, 2018 - 8:31am
James T, how does, (and I will quote you):
"The very existence of a unregistered NGO that works with congress to influence our government and interfere in our elections (AIPAC) is pretty much all the proof of that I require."
any of that prove the Jews are in charge and running things, or even remotely connected to decisions made by Congress?
Please provide a few links to examples so everyone in this forum can see that your argument is based on facts not unfounded conspiracy theories made up by some teen age white supremacist in his parents basement.
Riley Brown Added Mar 14, 2018 - 8:43am
Opher, getting the truth is always a challenge, but that's not new.  What is new is the extent to which major media companies have become campaign extensions of their favorite parties and causes.  100 years ago newspapers championed the local favorites, but generally tried to get the facts right.  Today media starts out by spinning everything so that what you read suites there own sociopolitical goals.
It's so predictable I expect Fox to ignore most positive left wing news and arguments, and conversely expect ABC, NBC and CNN to do the same with anything that might make the right wing look good.
When I search for the truth I often look at both hoping the truth is there somewhere and I also try hard to find local sources or even social media comments that I can also evaluate based on the source.
If it's a shooting where a white copy shot a black man, I sure don't take my facts from Al Sharpton, and after seeing how badly The Washington Post distorts reality, I'd never believe what they publish.  Google also has their biases, and when the consistently put The Washington Post's so called news up front 80% of the time, that tells me what they want us to think.
Bill Kamps Added Mar 14, 2018 - 8:49am
Jim, its not publishing a lie, exactly, it is just a misleading headline.  There is a lot of that going on, and it is wrong.  Putin listed a whole group of possible groups that could of interfered, none of which was a serious accusation.  He basically was saying "it could have been anyone".  From that, the Post extracts the hot button group the Jews, and says he accused the Jews.  If they ran the headline, "Putin accuses the Tartars" it would have been equally as accurate, but most people dont even know who the Tartars are.  If the headline said, "Putin says anyone could have interfered" yawn, no one would read the article, but put the Jews in the headline, and you get readers.
One of the  big failings of all news organizations these  days is failing to put news  into context.  Yes it is bad when two or three kids die of the flu in a day, but what is never mentioned is that some 30-40K people die every year from the flu (100 per day), so it is not surprising that two or three kids die in a given day from the flu.
When we had the Ebola scare a couple of years ago, one person died of Ebola, and we were scrubbing planes down with bleach.  The news organizations were fanning the flames calling it an "outbreak", when in reality it was very well contained.
Context is everything in the news.  If we dont know how the information relates to the whole, we dont really know anything.  The Post failed in this case, because the headline exaggerated what Putin actually said, giving us the impression he singled out the Jews, when really he did no such thing.  So maybe not a lie, but certainly  misleading.
Riley Brown Added Mar 14, 2018 - 8:52am
Katharine, how do you conclude the Jews are smarter than everyone else?  I can't imagine a group that is less than 2% of the population is so smart that they can control the country, especially Congress where I would guess about half the people dislike Jews to begin with.
If the Jews were ordering members of Congress to do things, don't you think that would have become front page news long before now?
Besides other than with support for Israel, what good would it do them?  I know many Jews who are smart but hardly rich or in control.  If the Jews were in control wouldn't they make themselves rich first?  All that I know are working stiffs just like the rest of us.
Throughout our history very few Jews have become outrageously wealthy enough to become influential, compared to the number of outrageously wealthy non-Jews.
Riley Brown Added Mar 14, 2018 - 9:00am
Jim H, The Washington Post knows most readers won't dig into the details of most of the headlines they read, and the headline they created was a lie.  Most of their headlines are lies that distort the reality of what they are reporting in an attempt to convey misinformation to most of the people who see and read the headlines.
When you search the news do you read the contents of EVERY article or do you skip those that you aren't real interested in?
If you're like most readers who aren't Jewish, and don't care much about Jews, that Washington Post headline is all you'd have read and your understanding of that issue would not have contained all the details in the article, only what you gleamed from the headline.
That is exactly what the Washington Post knows happens with most of their articles and they are quite pleased with what people like you walk away thinking they know, after skimming all the headlines.
Now you tell me, in view of all that, do you still think they aren't trying to lie to the public?
Riley Brown Added Mar 14, 2018 - 9:03am
Dino, it would be nice if media outlets agreed with you, but they are no longer interested in making the public well informed so they can make intelligent decisions, they are goal driven to improve their market position and promote their own opinions any way they can even if it violates the most basic journalistic tenants.
Bill Kamps Added Mar 14, 2018 - 9:28am
Riley, Im not sure news organizations ever had the priority of informing the public of the truth.  They nearly always engaged in sensationalism, yellow journalism and the like.  In the past, when there were few sources of the news, they worked together to hide things "for the good of the country".   They have always claimed to have the public interests as their priority, but they often have moved away from that claim when it was in the own self interest.
mark henry smith Added Mar 14, 2018 - 12:54pm
In England, around the 15th Century, a Jewish man became the wealthiest person in England, name escapes me, by being the banker to the crown. He was then kicked out of the country and the assets he couldn't take with him seized, and thus began a purging of the Jews throughout Europe, with the excuse for the masses being that they killed Christ, when the truth was that they controlled debt. If you control debt, the debtors are your slaves. The king, in essence, had become a slave to Jewish interests.
Thank you James also. AIPAC has more influence on US elections than any other group, having both conservative and liberal politicians pandering at their podium for approval. And if you want more proof, Riley, what about the 26 anti-defamation league offices scattered around the country drumming up hatred of any group that dares criticize Jewish interests. Now, they say that they're against all hate, but I think that's just a smokescreen.
Personally, I think Jewish immigrants have been very good for the country in many areas, promoting better values, but as Stone has said there are individuals in the group who are very unsavory and have no interest in the US beyond what it can do for Israel. Why are paid lobbyists from Israel the only ones who don't have to register as foreign lobbyists in our country? Doesn't that say something?
And without Israel we would still have our bases in Saudi Arabia, we would still have our relationship with the Egyptian military, and we would have had our relationships with Saddam Hussein, and the Shah. This special relationship that gets touted as a reason for the slack we give Israel in terms of civil rights and international law, like not being a signer of the nuclear non-proliferation agreement, meaning they could sell nuclear technology around the world and make fortunes doing it, is a sign that the relationship is extremely one sided.
Let's make an anti defamation league for relatives of Puritans.
James Travil Added Mar 14, 2018 - 5:59pm
Mr. Brown just Google AIPAC and you can learn how they operate. I clearly stated that the basic and almost universally understood manor in which AIPAC operates is enough to convince ME. I could not give a rat's ass what a sniveling little twerp like you believes. And I won't do basic research for you on something that most people already know. Should I do research on if the earth is round for you also? As for your Ad Hominem insults they are a game ender. As in you lost your mind and my respect the conversation you just ended with your ignorant nonsense. FYI I am a 50 year old investment broker with four kids and two women in my life. I'm not a supremist of anything but I am clearly the intellectual superior of you. Fuck off freak, do you understand that or shall I get you a translation?
Riley Brown Added Mar 14, 2018 - 7:21pm
James, please reread what I've written and then quote the part of my response to you that you took as an insult.  If you read more carefully I think you will not find any insult directed to you.
I am presuming you thought I called you a white supremacist, but read again, I certainly did not.
I did however ask you to provide your best evidence that supports you contention that this tiny minority of Jews has the brains or ability to manipulate our nation and Congress in particular.  Since there are web sites run by people who hate Jews, I do repeat my request that you avoid quoting one of them as though they are unbiased providers of facts, because they aren't.
I did look up the AIPAC  and their lobbying seems to be quite similar to every other lobbyist for the interests of other countries.   What do you expect them to want, they represent the interests of another country.  Do you think the Russian lobby or the Cuban lobby are any different?
If you want to convince me the Jews are ruling this country you're going to have to do a lot more than point at their not too successful attempts to get the US to back every move they make.  If it was true we'd back them all the time, and we certainly didn't when Obama was in office.
Riley Brown Added Mar 14, 2018 - 7:32pm
Mark Henry, I do know what the Anti Defamation League is all about and yes they go after organizations that attack Jews, but I am surprised they only have 26 offices.  I don't think they one in this part of the country has 100 members and know far fewer attend their meetings.  26 small offices out of 50 states, that's not many people, you must think they are incredibly well connected and powerful.
Do you say the same about CAIR,  They openly say they are here to influence government affairs, and have far more offices and members?
Even the lobbies on behalf of American Blacks are more common and have more members.  They too try to influence the government.
Why focus on a tiny Jewish Organization that has no ties to our government.
Flying Junior Added Mar 14, 2018 - 10:43pm
WP  "Jews may have manipulated U.S. election."
Riley Brown  He was denying Russian State involvement in the efforts to influence our elections and said in an interview:  “Maybe they’re not even Russians,”, and “Maybe they’re Ukrainian, Tatars, Jews — just with Russian citizenship.”
I don't get how those two statements are so dissimilar.  I am quite sure that my reading skills are very much intact.  Your statement is only slightly more complete.  He still throws out a wild speculation that Jews were behind the interference in the 2016 election.
The fact that he was widely condemned is simple reporting.  Nothing fake about it.  Why do Trumpies get so butt hurt when others call out antisemitism?  You really are standing by the monster.  You are a true believer.  His boyfriend Putin has been insulted.  Fake news!  Can't you come up with a better example than that?
Flying Junior Added Mar 14, 2018 - 10:45pm
This is a disturbing discussion.  See you guys around.
Jim Hetzer Added Mar 14, 2018 - 10:59pm
Flying Junior, I agree with your analysis of this discussion and many more.  People keep hammering the same points and writing the same criticisms multiple times.  After a while, it is time to move to another topic.  The one I am ignoring is the issue of gun control.
Flying Junior Added Mar 15, 2018 - 3:34am
I actually applaud Riley for trying to maintain control of this thread.
mark henry smith Added Mar 15, 2018 - 11:23am
It's not numbers of people that measure influence, is it? In the US it's numbers of dollars and these groups are very well funded and get an amazing amount of press. A Holocaust museum in the US? Why? What did the US have to do with the Holocaust?
Okay, so freedom allows anybody to set up a museum if they want. I imagine Tom and his friends might want to set up an anti-Holocaust museum and more power to 'em, I guess.
So why can't Poland make laws saying you can't diss them for what the Nazi's did, if the French can make it a law that you can't deny the Holocaust? The point is that if we want fair, fairs a two-way street. And if paid lobbyists for Israel don't have to register as such, no one should have to.
When does lobbying for your country become meddling? When the media decides. Israel has been meddling in our elections forever, just not talked about in the main-stream press. Lieberman was an agent for Israel, it appears, if you look at his voting record.
Riley Brown Added Mar 15, 2018 - 11:24am
Flying Jr, I'm glad you noticed how dissimilar this forum topic's example headline is from what was really said, that is the point this forum topic was written to convey.
In context Putin never said he thought any of the entities mentioned were involved, he was simply trying to make the accusation against Russia sound absurd by comparing it to other equally absurd possibilities.  He easily could have added aliens, since his goal was to deny Russian state involvement.
My point was pointing out how often The Washington Post creates horribly misleading headlines, and condemning them for doing it.  Even you just acknowledged the headline they created was "dissimilar" from the truth.  They know most readers will only read the headline and are therefore being quite dishonest when they create headlines that consistently lead most of the public to believe their FAKE news.
Real news organizations used titles like "Putin denies Russian State involvement in US elections".  With titles like that even readers who don't read more than the headline, aren't misled.
Riley Brown Added Mar 15, 2018 - 11:31am
Flying Jr you asked a secondary question about why Trumpies get so butt hurt when others call out antisemitism?
I think any President has groups that defend them all the time, guilty or not but think about it, who would like to be called a racist or an anti-Semite?
I just looked up what I could find about Trump and if he's antisemitic he hides it well.  Pretty much all of his children are married to or dating Jews, which I doubt would happen if they grew up in a Jew hating house.  He also seems to have a large number of Jews working for him in high positions now, and in the past, I'd say far more than 2%.  If he didn't like Jews I'm sure it would have been easy for him to promote people who weren't Jewish.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Mar 15, 2018 - 5:56pm
I find it absurd how difficult it is for some to follow what Riley says. The headline is misleading, lying. Period. I cannot believe how many wicket excuses come up here.
Don't bother that the thread was nearly derailed by 'da Jews discussion'! There is a chip built into modems that translates natural speech into antisemitism. ;-)
Riley Brown Added Mar 15, 2018 - 10:26pm
Benjamin, remember most of these people vote.
Can you imagine how distorted their views of what goes on in the world if they can't even understand my very simple forum topic?
I think most never get past the headline.
Flying Junior Added Mar 16, 2018 - 3:17am
I was talking about calling out Putin as an antisemite, not Trump.  That was the premise of your article.  Thank you for your considered response.
I guess my point was Putin was called out as an antisemite and Trumpies got upset.  It is quite likely that Putin is antisemitic.  He may be overall a nicer man than Trump.  He is certainly more physically attractive which is conducive to making friends.
Forgive me.  I am only a troll on the WB.
rycK the JFK Democrat Added Mar 16, 2018 - 10:22am
The NYT and other variants are mere propaganda mills that serve the far left in all things. To  think that truth is important in politics other than persuasion with lies is a farce.
Demagoguery rains in politics today.
mark henry smith Added Mar 16, 2018 - 12:22pm
Let's deconstruct anti-Semitism. Is it a hatred of Jews or a hatred of Jewish behavior? If it's now a hatred of Jewish behavior than anything a Jewish person, or nation does can't be criticized without being called anti-Semitism and that's just crazy. The Jewish State has sent hit-squads around the world to kill perceived enemies, and still do. If I oppose this method of dealing with a problem, am I anti-Semitic?
And smart people have no doubt that the Israelis, like all nations, are playing games behind the scenes to stir up confrontations that help their interests, and from what we're told they're the best in the world at it, so why can't someone like Putin say, perhaps it's them and be believed? The Jews have done this to themselves and I doubt that they care what the headlines or Putin says. That's just fluff for the sheep.
Flying Junior Added Mar 16, 2018 - 2:40pm
I have a solution for you Marko.
If you have a problem with the actions or behavior or a certain Jew, merely state so in simple terms.  If you wish to condemn the actions of the Israeli government, simply do so.  Tell us how AIPAC is doing bad things.  No one will be offended.
Hint:  Condemning or otherwise impugning Jews or even a particular group of Jewish people suggests that you have a serious problem with accepting people of the Jewish faith or Jewish ancestry as individuals.  This is known as prejudice.  It is interesting how many came out to express their various feelings about Jews in this thread.  I would suggest that these ideas are antisemitic.  It's really quite simple.
I in no way have suggested that our bloggy, host, Riley harbors any such feelings.  Apparently, Putin does.  And it's not surprising.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Mar 16, 2018 - 4:29pm
It IS frightening that these people vote.
Riley Brown Added Mar 16, 2018 - 4:58pm
Flying Jr, the forum is not about whether or not Trump or Putin hate Jews, tha's just a side topic that came up.
The blog focus was never intended to be about Jews, even though the Washington Post tried to make it sound like Putin was suggesting Jews were responsible for trying to influence elections in the US.  Putin didn't do that.
Putin never attempted to blame the Jews, he only tried to make accusations against Russia look unfounded.
Putin may hate Jews, or love them, that wasn't my point, it was how that media attempts to sway public opinion, and even probably elections, by intentionally misleading the public by printing lies.
Riley Brown Added Mar 16, 2018 - 5:09pm
Mark, do you believe any nation involved in conflicts doesn't have an agenda?  Why would Israel be any different?  The question isn't do they have an agenda, it's do they have the power to make things they want happen and I don't think there are enough of them to make almost any difference at all.
Russia, and the US are so big that they could each hid a country as tiny as Israel in their back pocket and no one would notice them.  Russia has 144 million people, Israel hasn't hit 9 million.  The US is over 300 million, and there are less Jews here than in Israel.    Look on a map, Israel is dwarfed by the countries that surround it, and they are small countries.  I think the middle of Israel is only about 10 miles wide, most artillery can shoot accurately that far.
rycK the JFK Democrat Added Mar 16, 2018 - 5:18pm
Riley Brown
"If a few million Jews have managed to find a way to control over a hundred million non-Jews, maybe they are a lot smarter than I think they are. "
Or, their enemies are inept or incompetent or both. Consider the wars of 1948 and 1967 and then the Yom Kippur War in 1973. Given the military advantage in some of those wars Israel should have lost, but did not.
Israel  holds the Golan Heights preventing any attack from Syria. That is a prize of war as is most of the West Bank.
They certainly have attributes superior to their enemies.
Riley Brown Added Mar 17, 2018 - 12:54am
rycK, I looked it up and I think they were smart, innovative and got lucky.  The forces that were sent against them weren't ready for an enemy that used their brain, they were used to brute force wars.
Katharine Otto Added Mar 17, 2018 - 2:42am
Dear Riley,
Ever heard of the Rothschild family?  It's the best example I know of how single individuals and/or their families, control everyone they can make dependent on them or indebted to them.  The bankers rule the world by controlling the flow of capital.  That's what the Fed is.  It's not a purely Jewish organization, but Goldman Sachs has maintained a powerful presence.  Baptist-family Rockefellers have been heavily involved, too.  Read The Creature from Jekyll Island.  You'll find out how the Rothschild's and their minions, the Warburgs, Morgans, Kuhn Loeb, and others stole the nation's purse without even a whisper of protest.
Of course the US supports Israel, and Israel's policy is "Let's you and him fight.  We'll provide the loans for all sides, and we'll run the cameras."  Jews as a group, if not individuals, are professional masochists.  "I'm hurt and it's your fault.  You will pay for this."
You say Jews comprise only a couple percent of the population.  Considering how noisy and domineering they are, I would have guessed there were more of them.
Flying Junior Added Mar 17, 2018 - 5:43am

Okay Riley.
I get you.  Putin's throw-away comment was along the lines of the idiot  Trump saying that it might have been a 400 pound fat guy in New Jersey orchestrating it all from his bed.
Inadvertently you did prove the Putin is just another antisemite among his other sins.
You are proving...
Oh why the hell do I care so much about people who are prejudiced against Jews?  Why do I even try?
Own it you crazy fucks.
Allow me to stipulate that it was the Putin-controlled Kremlin and their Troll Factory that basically fucked with the U.S. election cycle.
Nobody else.  Not even Newt Gingrich. As usual he is a day late and a dollar short.
Anyone who says different is misinformed.
Sorry I took your article for something worth reading Riley.  Thank you for clarifying your simplistic rant.

Recent Articles by Writers Riley Brown follows.