CIA Torture Chamber Dominatrix

Dead Souls
Someone take these dreams away
That point me to another day
A duel of personalities
That stretch all true realities
That keep calling me
They keep calling me
Keep on calling me
They keep calling me
Where figures from the past stand tall
And mocking voices ring the halls
Imperialistic house of prayer
Conquistadors who took their share

Trump has picked Gina Haspel to be the new CIA Director after Mike Pompeo moved to Secretary of State.

Gina Haspel operated a CIA torture chamber in Thailand. The U.S. used many clandestine locations for their 'enhanced interrogations.' Thailand is, apparently, a torture friendly country.

This selection will bring back memories of all the extra-judicial extraditions and the horrors of Abu Ghraib.

It may be a conversation that needs to occur, but it will only damage President Trump and make it more difficult for America to profess the higher moral ground.

Gina Haspel oversaw the torture of many prisoners, some high profile, including one who was waterboarded over 80 times and lost an eye in the ordeal.

Liberals and progressives will likely  oppose Trump's choice, some even for genuine concerns. Thankfully, their Senators may not be cunning enough to give their advice and consent, thereby placing a millstone around Trump's neck.

Party politics be damned, we must save Trump from himself. I will be contacting my conservative Senators to plead with them to oppose Gina Haspel, for the good of the country and the rule of law.

Comments

Autumn Cote Added Mar 14, 2018 - 3:33am
You have some unsightly formatting problems in this article.  For example, "the ordeal." appears on a single row of text.  As always, many thanks for your participation with Writer Beat!
Pardero Added Mar 14, 2018 - 3:51am
Autumn,
Thanks, but I am not seeing that, here. I may edit and indent my paragraphs.
Maybe it appears differently on different devices. I will tinker with it.
Autumn Cote Added Mar 14, 2018 - 3:56am
It looks better now, but I would also add some white space between paragraphs and maybe combine some sentences.
Pardero Added Mar 14, 2018 - 4:00am
Ok.
opher goodwin Added Mar 14, 2018 - 5:16am
Padero - people who peddle torture should never be allowed to prosper and should be damned forever. To promote someone who has practiced torture says all that needs saying.
Pardero Added Mar 14, 2018 - 5:21am
Opher,
Thanks for dropping in. You are correct. It is an outrage. The person belongs in prison. Sometimes I wonder who Trump is listening to, if anyone.
The Burghal Hidage Added Mar 14, 2018 - 5:48am
Phew! For a moment I thought you were appropriating my universe,offering up a satirical piece on Nancy Pelosi!

To your article, though.... I'll offer no thoughts on this at the present. The story is almost certain to change before sunset today
opher goodwin Added Mar 14, 2018 - 6:29am
Padero - I think Trump only listens to the voices in his head.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Mar 14, 2018 - 7:31am
Haspel ran the torture center in Thailand during the Thaksin years. Despite being DUHmerica's hand picked, groomed, supported and approved Prime Minister Thaksin ran away to avoid a prison term from a felony conviction and remains on the run.

Your current Ambassador to Thailand as his first official act went to the heart of pro Thaksin provinces to meet with his ardent supporters.

Rest assured DUHmerica is working very hard to get Thaksin back into power where you will likely see DUHmerican torture resume.
Even A Broken Clock Added Mar 14, 2018 - 10:09am
Pardero - good post. Given the public's limited attention span, many are probably going Abu Who?

Saving Trump from himself is an interesting concept. Especially since in his own inflated image of himself, he's perfect. After all, he's never had to ask forgiveness for any of his actions.
Ari Silverstein Added Mar 14, 2018 - 10:12am
Assume you stop a terrorist while trying to board a plane with a new explosive device undetectable by x-ray and other technological devices.  Assume this terrorist is not answering questions.  Don’t you think it would be smart to employ some enhanced interrogation tactics in order to find out what he knows?
Pardero Added Mar 14, 2018 - 10:35am
The Burghal Hidage,
You know, you may have inspired me a bit. I can only hope that public outcry changes things before a presidency gets partly defined by this self inflicted machete wound.
Opher,
That could be. He needs to listen to the one with wings not the one with horns and hooves.
Pardero Added Mar 14, 2018 - 10:40am
Even A Broken Clock,
Thank you. In this case, the media can actually serve a useful purpose.
Seems to me that, in olden days, executioners and the like wore hoods for anonymity. We can gauge how far we have advanced if a torturer can advance to high office.
Pardero Added Mar 14, 2018 - 10:55am
Jeffry Gilbert,
I wouldn't be surprised to hear the CIA is supporting Thaksin until they can throw a color revolution or the like to get this 'friendly' leader reinstalled.
Ari Silverstein,
I believe that question was going around, years ago, before Trump reminded us of our hideous past.
The trouble is, torture has a poor record for usefulness.
Many prisoners at Guantanamo had been captured because a torture victim gave up their name.
They wanted the pain to stop.
The Constitution proscribes cruel and unusual punishment. Although a spectacular execution of fiendish design might be a great deterrent, it is justifiably illegal.
Some lines should never be crossed or you are no better than the 'bad guys', and possibly worse.
opher goodwin Added Mar 14, 2018 - 11:50am
Padero - are there any ones with wings left in his administration? (If there ever were). I thought the revolving door was used whenever there was the slightest indication of wing-buds?
Pardero Added Mar 14, 2018 - 12:07pm
Opher,
LOL.
The opposition should have a heyday with this if the fiendish Russians would just stop stealing the headlines. After all, the head poisoner, Putin, is much scarier than some torture chamber manager.
With so many competing headlines, this disgusting woman will probably get the job.
opher goodwin Added Mar 14, 2018 - 1:41pm
Padero - so what is the US press saying about her? Is she getting a free ride?
Pardero Added Mar 14, 2018 - 2:43pm
Opher,
A single small article so far in right leaning press. Silence in others. The left media is making a fuss in the usual places but Russophobia is drowning it out. They have cried wolf too many times and no one on the right will listen.
People of conscience on the right need to speak up. This is not what we are. I hope it doesn't come down to partisan politics as usual. I left messages with my senators, it is about all I can do.
Pardero Added Mar 14, 2018 - 3:12pm
Zerohedge is silent and their independent voices have been pretty quiet since they got flooded with Infowars and Breitbart people. Still anti chicken hawk. I hope that lasts. George Washington might be the only writer there who would bring it up. Besides a mixed crowd here, I might have to go to libertarian Anti-war.com to find a sympathetic crowd.

Pardero Added Mar 14, 2018 - 4:15pm
Who'd have thought that I would wind up on the same side of as issue as scumbag Senator John McCain?
Thank God for Senator Rand Paul, who will be trying to block Pompeo and the monster Haspel.
Paul's ideological ally, Senator Mike Lee, has teamed with Bernie to try to get us out of Yemen.
I wish Rand Paul would have won the nomination and presidency. He and Lee are the best we have.
Ron Paul says, "Make Torture Great Again" with sarcasm.
We DO have some statesmen, they are just outnumbered.
Pardero Added Mar 14, 2018 - 4:22pm
James Travil Added Mar 14, 2018 - 5:09pm
Pardero I certainly agree with you on all of this. I was outraged when this was first announced, but not surprised sadly. I also have called my senators and hope they can put the Russophobic idiocy behind them long enough to do the right thing here. America is slipping farther and farther away from it's original values and into a banana republic.
Pardero Added Mar 14, 2018 - 5:15pm
James Travil,
You are a remarkably clear thinking fellow who happens to have great taste in women!
Rand Paul has lost a couple of fights but he is due for a victory. Let's hope he can shut down these 2 monsters that Trump has chosen.
Thanks, James.
Tubularsock Added Mar 14, 2018 - 7:30pm
Ari Silverstein, suppose the terrorist after being tortured exposed that the CIA put him up to it and the CIA field officer destroyed the taped evidence.

Shouldn't that CIA field officer be sent to prison?

Or do you make her the head of the torture agency?
Pardero Added Mar 14, 2018 - 7:49pm
Tubularsock,
Whether rhetorical or not, that is a great question. It is a proven fact that she destroyed evidence.
opher goodwin Added Mar 14, 2018 - 7:49pm
Padero - you are right - there needs to be more of a fuss. Torturers should get the roughest ride.
Pardero Added Mar 14, 2018 - 8:06pm
Opher,
Thanks. Even Tubular sock and I are allied on this one.
I am hoping TS covers this issue more thoroughly and leaves my fine firearms alone.

Prof Claudewell Thomas Added Mar 14, 2018 - 10:47pm
The return of Ilse Koch? America first is one thing but this is nazi era Deutschland,Deutschland über alles time.Monsters seem to crave one another's company.Party loyalty notwithstanding,Americans need to take a stand.She's just in time to damage the Women's movement and it's claim of superior empathic understanding.
Pardero Added Mar 14, 2018 - 10:54pm
Prof Claudewell Thomas,
Thank you sir. Well written and your words will resonate with others. I agree. We must take a stand.
Flying Junior Added Mar 14, 2018 - 11:01pm
Good for you Pardero,

Party politics be damned!

My money is on that no one on the republican side will raise any serious concerns with the exception of John McCain.  Some think that this will be a long overdue coming to grips with the reality of torture by the U.S. Army and the CIA under Bush and Cheney.  I hope so.  It was necessarily swept under the carpet during the Obama years.  healing process.  There needs to be an acknowledgment, a confession and a strong pledge to never let these dark practices ever happen again from within the U.S. government and military.

Oh, that's right.  Trump has already exposed his subconscious mind to the entire world and proposed that torture may be useful in some cases.  I think the last guy that said that was Cheney.

TBH,

I finally placed your avatar.  It suits you perfectly.
Pardero Added Mar 14, 2018 - 11:13pm
Flying JUNIOR,
You are a pretty good guy for being in the enemy camp ; )
Trump has made a horrible blunder. If the torture lady was wise, she would withdraw. I am in favor of some of Trump's agenda and this could derail it.

If you get a chance, could you tell me the source of the avatar? It looks familiar.
Pardero Added Mar 14, 2018 - 11:17pm
Flying Junior,
I reread your comment. Powerful and well-written message.
It is not too late to join the right.
Senator Rand Paul is my champion, never McCain.
Flying Junior Added Mar 15, 2018 - 3:28am
Rand Paul is an interesting politician.  I like him personally.  I signed up for his email newsletter.  But I don't read it that much any more.  In my opinion he has sacrificed many of his libertarian principles for the sake of expediency.  He voted for the tax cut.  Good Goddess.  First you cut government spending, then you can try tax cuts.  What Trump and his merry band of criminals did is economic suicide for our country.  Unless one believes that the best thing to do is simply destroy the entire federal government and bring the economy to its knees, this action can only be considered irresponsible.  It really doesn't hurt the wealthy investing class when there is an economic downturn, does it?  It's like a fire sale for these vultures.

But the obvious thing with Rand Paul is that he goes along with military spending increases.  When he was running for president, he toed the line with the rest of the hawks in voting for increases to the Pentagon.  Only recently did he try to modestly limit spending on defense in an effort which was soundly defeated by his fellow senators.  Lip service.  I'm not seeing any true leadership.  But he doesn't want to lose his status as a U.S. Senator.  Can you blame him?

I don't see him as a true libertarian as much as an opportunist.
Pardero Added Mar 15, 2018 - 3:46am
You are right of course. His father came pretty close to the ideal.
Rand Paul would have never been elected. He had to be pragmatic and compromise his beliefs. He is only being realistic. Ron Paul could have never won a statewide contest in Texas.
In a way, Senators from blue states can stuck to their ideals. It is a package deal for Republicans. They have to take all of the platform or they lose.
There was a terrific Rep from Indiana a few years back. Couldn't raise any money. RNC had to fund him every 2 years. Finally he lost. Outspent about 3 to 1.
You can't do any good if you get voted out. I don't like it but it is what we have. Totally corrupted by money. I like Lee of Utah but he sells out sometimes, too.
A US Rep can be pure sometimes, a senator, rarely. We need the money out of there.

Pardero Added Mar 15, 2018 - 3:58am
Rand is a loner. I will be surprised if he can stop Haspel. Cruz and Mike Lee are occasional allies. Maybe pick up a Rino here or there. McCain, too. You never know how the Midwest senators will go. He has a chance. Trump is damaged either way, but deserves it for promoting torture.
I gotta get to sleep. Turning into a night owl like you.
triggerfish Added Mar 15, 2018 - 5:13am
You have no idea what you are talking about. There were three people who were water boarded. You may call it torture but the same type of activity is performed on military people going through specific training. I was in the Military from 66-70. I did one year in Viet Nam and was ordered back to the States. I then volunteered to return to Viet Nam after a year back here. I was sent to survival school and SERE training. The platoon I was assigned to were taken to the Mountains in Virginia and there was a foot of snow on the ground and it was still snowing. We were to survive in the Mountains for a week with no food given and we had to fend for ourselves. Eventually we were captured and put in the POW camp. I called one of the guards sir. They made me take off all my clothes and get into the 'Peoples Pool' which was a hole in the ground about 3 feet deep it was filled with water and there was ice on the top. They made me get into the 'Peoples Pool' for calling the guard sir instead of 'Comrade'. I had to soak in the freezing water. When I got out of the People Pool I called the same guard 'Sir' again. I had to take off my clothes and get back into the Peoples Pool again. Was that torture? Navy SEALS who go through training are also Water Boarded!
Pardero Added Mar 15, 2018 - 12:02pm
triggerfish,
I would say that it is a world of difference,  training in the military and being a prisoner.
Pretending that you are under the control of an enemy is not equivalent to actually being totally helpless.
I can appreciate your grueling training. Thank you for your service.
The Burghal Hidage Added Mar 15, 2018 - 12:11pm
Nice choice for your opener.  One of their better .

What a sucky reveal, huh? Unsightly formatting! Dear God, man! How do you show yourself in public!
The Burghal Hidage Added Mar 15, 2018 - 12:15pm
this topic is a fruitless debate, I'll take a pass.

Pard get me some other means of contact, off WB.  Have a few things you might find interesting.
Pardero Added Mar 15, 2018 - 12:26pm
The Burghal Hidage,
Thank you.
LOL. I could have deleted those comments, I suppose.
I have little concern for spam or hate mail. Small crowd. Keep in mind that I chose the address with satire in mind at the time. usgunboat
gmail   I hope it doesn't annoy that Seal  above too much.
The Burghal Hidage Added Mar 15, 2018 - 12:39pm
Copy
Pardero Added Mar 15, 2018 - 12:40pm
If not my less than erudite writing, a provocative headline can get some additional views.
The Burghal Hidage Added Mar 15, 2018 - 12:47pm
cant say when, expect something with subject line Gonzo for identification
Pardero Added Mar 15, 2018 - 1:04pm
10 4
Michael B. Added Mar 15, 2018 - 11:15pm
Whenever I hear of things like this, I immediately think of just about every fucking so-called "Ethics" training vidoes I've ever endured, especially the recurring theme: "It's not just impropriety that must be avoided. The mere appearance of impropriety must also be avoided at all times." Such things are almost invariably narrated by a patrician-sounding woman that gets me daydreaming about how she sounds during sex. It's like making Farmer John or Colonel Sanders the spokesman for PETA; sending the wrong message, as usual, lol!
Pardero Added Mar 15, 2018 - 11:25pm
Michael B.
Terrific observation!
I once attended an all day seminar on "The Appearance of Impropriety."
I am relieved that you didn't take exception to the subject. Some people are so polarized thatcthey will assume I am a lefty looking for an opening. I believe there is a big difference between an honorable soldier and a torturing spook.
Michael B. Added Mar 15, 2018 - 11:34pm
"an honorable soldier and a torturing spook."

That reminds me of the Green Beret killings, which was among the inspirations for the movie Apocalypse Now.

I've always felt very strongly that among the reasons the USA is so fucked up in many ways, both internally and externally, is that we consistently fail to practice what we preach.
Pardero Added Mar 15, 2018 - 11:38pm
Michael B.
Well phrased.
triggerfish Added Mar 16, 2018 - 12:05am
The people which were water boarded were not in the Service of any Nation, they were not in uniform and as such do not have the protection of rights accorded to prisoners of war under the Geneva Convention accords. Those people who were captured were terrorists and they were in the place where they belonged. If they wanted to serve Allah why didn't they just commit suicide and there would have been no reason to water board them? On top of that the CIA was given permission to water board the people they did because the Lawyers had deemed it was within their/our rights. The woman up for CIA leadership should be permitted to rise to that rank she did nothing to dishonor herself or this Country.
James Travil Added Mar 16, 2018 - 12:20am
Wow this tigerfish character has some serious issues and absolutely zero concept of honorh let alone right and wrong. Sounds like a sociopath.
Pardero Added Mar 16, 2018 - 12:26am
triggerfish,
It is mighty convenient to neglect to declare a war, go into a country across the world, then deem the victims "enemy combatants." Mighty convenient indeed. I don't recall them attacking America. Saudis attacked us on 9/11.
How is it they had fewer rights than an American mass murderer?
You say lawyers deemed the illegal kidnapping and torture legal. Who argued for the rights of men captured in their own land?
If not in the service of any country, they were closer to home than we were. Why weren't they treated as criminals in their home countries?
I suppose when one is the hegemon, you can make up the rules as you go along.
What occurred was illegal in America. It was illegal under international law.
Why wasn't it done on American soil if shysters 'proved' it legal?
Under your rules, any defense or partisan activity against a foreign invasion removes all human rights.
That activity is one of the biggest disgraces in this country's history.
You were well-conditioned by the media. I was not. Someday, you will realize how dishonorable and sadistic it was and that it did nothing for American interests. The never ending unwinnable wars tends to prove my point.
Some of us are better than the sadistic torturers and the evil degenerates who commissioned them, but not all.
It is good to be king(of the world)
Pardero Added Mar 16, 2018 - 12:54am
By your definition, a group of Christians rallying behind a Christian flag could be deemed terrorists without a country.
During the American Revolutionary War, irregulars using asymetrical warfare techniques caused immense damage to the formal British troops and supply lines. Under your definition, they were terrorists at the time.
Depends who wins and who is making the rules.

Pardero Added Mar 16, 2018 - 12:59am
James Travil,
I tend to agree. He is a Viet Nam War veteran and I am trying to reason with him.
triggerfish Added Mar 16, 2018 - 1:40am
The both of you have no idea what you are talking about. I had a response but for some reason it did not post. I'll try again to answer.
Pardero Added Mar 16, 2018 - 1:59am
triggerfish,
Long comments time out.
Try this:
If you can't submit, remain calm.
Click until you can copy in its entirety.
Copy.
Refresh page.
You will have a blank comment box.
Click until you can paste.
Paste and submit.
Tubularsock Added Mar 16, 2018 - 2:52am
Ok, OK, Ok Pardero!

Tubularsock may just be able to at least understand your gun position a bit.

But your entire position on the fucking CIA Torture Show Tubularsock is 100% behind your position. As for McCain, Tubularsock is not a fan but Rand Paul has some positive aspects.

Tubularsock believes that triggerfish may have just spent too much time in the “Peoples Pool” for his own good!

You know, Pardero, the “Peoples Pool” is not a place to hang out, Comrade!

Great post!
Pardero Added Mar 16, 2018 - 3:04am
Tubularsock,
That is high praise from you. Rand Paul seems to be the consensus on both sides of the spectrum.
Pardero Added Mar 16, 2018 - 3:33am
Flying Junior,
Blunt and to the point. Well done.

Recent Articles by Writers Pardero follows.