Gun Violence, not much to worry about for 99% of America

We hear a lot about gun violence, mostly because it's always in the news, but just because a day doesn't go by without it, doesn't mean the average American should be worried about it.  CNN says about 8,000 people get bit by rattlesnakes a year, but it would be unfair to suggest everyone should be worried when in fact only people in a few places really need to worry.  The same applies to gun violence, most of America is quite safe.  As an example here is a map of the area around Chicago showing where the last 400+ murders happened.  As you can see if you don't spend time in their "war zone", you have very little to worry about.

Gun death deaths in America:

11,208 homicides, including 987 that were killed by police last year

21,175 suicides,

505 deaths due to accidental or negligent discharge of a firearm,

281 deaths due to firearms use with "undetermined intent".

Of the 2,596,993 total deaths in the US in 2013, 1.3% were related to firearms.

Most laws try to reduce the violent crime by controlling tools which are available all over the US but are only used by violent criminals in tiny parts of the US.  The least used firearms for violent purposes are Assault Weapons, which according to Barbara Boxer, (who hates guns), only account for 2% of the gun deaths.  I wouldn't guess that from what I see in the news.

Comments

The Burghal Hidage Added Mar 21, 2018 - 11:14am
inconvenient facts, arent they?
Dave Volek Added Mar 21, 2018 - 11:23am
Great points.

Arming schools is a knee jerk reaction--even in the United States.

But I still say license the gun user. Gun with no license = confiscate the gun!

wsucram15 Added Mar 21, 2018 - 11:26am
missed the point of the assault rifle argument entirely but hey they arent your kids or grandkids in those schools.
I like my gun and am very responsible with it, however..not everyone is like me.  In fact there was a shooting in md in a school yesterday.

Missed the point entirely.
Rusty Smith Added Mar 21, 2018 - 11:53am
Dave Volek I'm not sure where your statement about arming schools comes from, it's not part of this forum, but if you explain the connection I will try to answer you.  I can't guarantee I'll give you the "right" answer, but I will give you my opinion, and I know a lot about the subject.

You sound like someone who did not grow up in America.  Because all our laws must respect the basic constitutional rules, it would not be a good idea for our government to have a list of all the people who own guns.  They could maintain a list of the people who are not allowed to have one.
Rusty Smith Added Mar 21, 2018 - 11:58am
The Burghal Hidage I wouldn't say inconvenient, I'd say enlightening since most people who are frightened have no idea how safe they are if gun violence is not part of their lifestyle.

If you don't own a gun you wont' be one of the 2 people in each state who die from a gun accident, and if you're one of the thousands that kill themselves, (suicide), you probably still will, but you will do it with something else.

My forum point is to try and calm the public down by making them aware that their real chances of being killed with a gun go down to almost zero if they don't own one or spend time in super violent places.
Rusty Smith Added Mar 21, 2018 - 12:05pm
wsucram15 the least threatening guns when it comes to gun violence and homicide are the assault weapons.  They are not the weapon of choice in homicides because they are very expensive, difficult to conceal, relatively complicated to shoot and maintain, and the people who own them aren't usually criminals.

However I do think more and more will be ending up on the street since the owners of many can't sell them or even give them to their children, they are suppose to turn them in to be destroyed.

I already see families selling them on the street because they are worth a lot, and there is no downside.  Oh yea, it's illegal, but all the family has to say is that the now dead owner must have sold or given it away before they died.  Another stupid law that causes more crime than it stops.
The Burghal Hidage Added Mar 21, 2018 - 12:19pm
Inconvenient in the sense that they are contrary to the narrative that is generally promoted on this topic
Gerrilea Added Mar 21, 2018 - 12:20pm
Dave V---Don't worry your little Canuck head off, they've already started door-to-door confiscation already...in Florida, oh and in my own state of New York.

Hell, in California, they've been doing it for years, if you owe taxes or parking tickets.

While were at "registering" things, I want your registration papers to speak freely, write in a free press AND to practice your religion.

Without government approval...you have no righ...err...privileges.

And Dave, didn't you see the reports yesterday, out of Maryland?  An armed "resource officer" shot and killed a guy whom began shooting people in a school?  In less than 60 seconds it was over and the gunman was dead with 2 wounded one critical.

I think arming select people in a school  works great already.
The Burghal Hidage Added Mar 21, 2018 - 12:22pm
If the reporting is correct in the Maryland incident it bears out the argument I made in another forum recently that a sensible response would be to have armed plainclothes (like the air Marshal program) present in schools. My understanding is that this incident was ended before any fatalities occurred because of an armed security officer present on the school grounds. You are close by Jeanne. Is that the story?
Gerrilea Added Mar 21, 2018 - 12:24pm
Rusty--  Thank you for trying to be a voice of reason.  The majority in this nation still believe gun violence is "out of control" and getting worse.

Despite the facts that it's the exact opposite.

Bill Kamps Added Mar 21, 2018 - 1:22pm
Yes in general the homicide rate is rather low, except for some small areas.  The risk of getting killed by lightening is greater than being killed in a mass shooting.  Passing most any law wont stop mass shootings, because there are only 4-5 a year, and people could find a weapon in any number of ways.

If we want more security in schools we should put a guard at the door, and not allow just anyone to enter.  That would be a better first step than arming teachers.  Most schools you can walk right into, without passing a guard.  Hardly secure.

Of course making schools more secure will just move the mass shootings somewhere else.  This is good, since schools should be a safe place, but lets not kid ourselves that other  targets wont emerge. It is virtually impossible to stop random violence.
Dave Volek Added Mar 21, 2018 - 5:08pm
GR
I went to your link. I'm not too familiar with this INFOWARS, so I'm not sure of its bias on things.

However, I will agree that if a school decides to hire armed guards, those people should engage school shooters--and not wait for backup. Otherwise there is no point to these guards.

A couple of years ago, a whacko ran into the Canadian parliament with a loaded gun and fired rounds. The police were in the building in a split second. But the Sargent-at-arms had already shot this guy.

Rusty
Statistic-wise and on a per-capita basis, Canada has one-tenth the death by firearms. I don't think we have draconian gun laws; I have many friends who are hunters and target shooters.

I think enforcing sensible gun laws will cut deaths in USA by half. I guess you guys need to weigh the pros and cons of these deaths against your purported reasoning for keeping government in check.

Pardero Added Mar 21, 2018 - 6:44pm
Rusty Smith,
You make a good point. Too many people are unable to put things into perspective like you did here.
Dino Manalis Added Mar 21, 2018 - 7:20pm
People are concerned, there are plenty of guns and gun violence can happen anywhere, even our schools!  All areas, urban; suburban; and rural have seen gun violence.  Public places must be secured by law enforcement!
Rusty Smith Added Mar 21, 2018 - 7:45pm
Gerrilea yes, crime went down including homicides while at the same time as lots more guns were purchased.

I know that's a fact that the news media seems to like to ignore because it doesn't further their goals.

The gun confiscation trend makes me sick when they apply it to people who have never posed a threat to anyone.

There are plenty of people who would gladly turn in any gun owner for being insane, just because they own a gun.
MEFOBILLS Added Mar 21, 2018 - 7:47pm
It is NOT a kindness by being polite about race, or pretending it doesn't exist.

Only with the truth can REAL SOLUTIONS be found.  The real truth is to stay away from black inner city areas unless you want to be victimized.  The real truth is that if you care about human groups, if you have feeling as a human, then you would want to tailor the response to their needs.  Clearly, black areas are dysfunctional.  My own personal take is that giving women welfare money broke down the family and demeaned men.  Now we have baby daddies and gun thugs running amok.  Young black youth's need direct injections of cash to not do crime, and black women no longer paid for having children.  We broke it with LBJ's "great society" we own it.  Booker T. Washington was right, not W.E.B DuBois and his ((benefactors)).

Once you break data down by race then things become more clear.  About 6 percent of the Country is Negro, and about 3% are males between 18-40,  which are the crime prone years.  If black violence is scrubbed from the data, then the U.S. gun violence rate goes down to that of other white countries.  In other words about 3% of the population is a real problem for violence, gun or otherwise.

Data pulled from 2016 Color of Crime:

The evidence suggests that if there is police racial bias in arrests it is negligible. Victim and witness surveys show that police arrest violent criminals in close proportion to the rates at which criminals of different races commit violent crimes.
There are dramatic race differences in crime rates. Asians have the lowest rates, followed by whites, and then Hispanics. Blacks have notably high crime rates. This pattern holds true for virtually all crime categories and for virtually all age groups.
In 2013, a black was six times more likely than a non-black to commit murder, and 12 times more likely to murder someone of another race than to be murdered by someone of another race.
In 2013, of the approximately 660,000 crimes of interracial violence that involved blacks and whites, blacks were the perpetrators 85 percent of the time. This meant a black person was 27 times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa. A Hispanic was eight times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa.
In 2014 in New York City, a black was 31 times more likely than a white to be arrested for murder, and a Hispanic was 12.4 times more likely. For the crime of “shooting” — defined as firing a bullet that hits someone — a black was 98.4 times more likely than a white to be arrested, and a Hispanic was 23.6 times more likely.
If New York City were all white, the murder rate would drop by 91 percent, the robbery rate by 81 percent, and the shootings rate by 97 percent.
In an all-white Chicago, murder would decline 90 percent, rape by 81 percent, and robbery by 90 percent.
In 2015, a black person was 2.45 times more likely than a white person to be shot and killed by the police. A Hispanic person was 1.21 times more likely. These figures are well within what would be expected given race differences in crime rates and likelihood to resist arrest.
In 2015, police killings of blacks accounted for approximately 4 percent of homicides of blacks. Police killings of unarmed blacks accounted for approximately 0.6 percent of homicides of blacks. The overwhelming majority of black homicide victims (93 percent from 1980 to 2008) were killed by blacks.
Both violent and non-violent crime has been declining in the United States since a high in 1993. 2015 saw a disturbing rise in murder in major American cities that some observers associated with “depolicing” in response to intense media and public scrutiny of police activity
Pardero Added Mar 21, 2018 - 8:55pm
MEFOBILLS,
Many psychologists are moving away from prescribing drugs for ADHD and recommend early intervention that includes extra training.
It seems that blaming everything on prejudice and poverty is a course that will never succeed.
Without passing any judgement or placing stigma, it seems that we must really digest these alarming statistics and proceed with a plan to socialize those that are vulnerable and bring them into productive society. We have no business importing millions more immigrants until we accept that our society has our own problems that must be identified before we can ever hope to address them.
MEFOBILLS Added Mar 21, 2018 - 9:55pm
I frequent a fast food burger joint and it has a tent city nearby full of bums.  I usually grab an older black man when he is coming off the bus, and buy him a burger.  I give him instructions that to get the burger, he has sit with me and unload.  I want to hear all of his fears and prejudices straight.  No bullshit. That's the deal.  Also I tell them no lies, I can tell.  It helps I suppose that I can handle myself and am physically imposing.  Maybe not everybody can do this.

You would be surprised what I hear.  Liberals and Social Welfare people are completely full of shit when it comes to the black community.  Most black people want a job and a trade, and they sure as hell don't like all of the foreign immigration. Most young black men want some pussy, and  black girls are dissing them big time.  Black folks are being dispossessed from their former jobs, especially by Mexican immigration.

They also appreciate the truth about things, and don't like people, especially white people, that blow smoke up their ass.   I talk frank about race with black people or anybody else for that matter.  It is usually only liberal whites that freak out as if I'm committing some sort of grave sin by even "going there."  My position is if you don't address the race questions our of fear, it is YOU who is committing the grave sin.

Out of love for my daughter, I tell her NOT to go into black areas.  You hate your kids if you pretend that "everybody is the same."  Denial of the truth is some sort of retardation, and I cannot stand it.

Pardero Added Mar 21, 2018 - 10:03pm
MEFOBILLS,
I am not surprised that many of them want the same things that we do.
The media kept telling us what the crazies wanted as if that is what we all want.
They had it wrong about middle America and your experience tells me they have it wrong about the black community.
I am certainly with you on the denial of truth.

Gerrilea Added Mar 22, 2018 - 12:54am
Mefobills- I cannot agree with your "cause" of the breakdown of the black family.  NO, it was not welfare. We've had various welfare programs since the 1800's. It went "full force" because of the Depression and has increased ever.  Allowing more and more people to get things if x, y and z, aa, bb, cc, dd, ee conditions were met.

The single cause of the breakdown of the black family IS/WAS the faux war on drugs

Pardero Added Mar 22, 2018 - 1:00am
Gerrilea,
I wanted to read that but the link is not working. Can you provide another link or the address?
Pardero Added Mar 22, 2018 - 1:13am
Gerrilea,
Why are black families more affected by the "faux war on drugs" more than any other ethnic group?
If a single cause has been identified, it seems that the remedy could not be too far off.
Statistics show that murders peaked as baby boomers came of age. The War On Drugs would seem to come many years after those people were children, presumably with two parent households. I am open to suggestions for what changed in the post WWII years that led to those children becoming part of a crime wave that abated at they progressed into adulthood.
Gerrilea Added Mar 22, 2018 - 6:43am
Pardero--- It works for me but here it is again.

Scroll down to get to the article.

From what I've read & understood.  The breakdown of the black family rests solely on prosecutions and incarcerations of black men.  Black communities are targeted by police, they're easy prey, especially with their quota system.  Being poor becomes a crime.  Add in the inherent racism in many parts of the nation where a black person wouldn't or couldn't get a job and they'd survive the only way they could, welfare or selling drugs or illicit behaviors.

Now there is a separate parallel issue that our government knew was going to hit... lead paints.  There was a social fad of vibrant colors being used in toys, clothing and interior paints.  How do you get rich vibrant color? Add lead.  Problem with that is lead gets into the developing brains of children and changes the structures that control our emotions and our ability for self-control.  This doesn't become apparent until their teens and early adulthood.

It literally causes brain damage.

Add in the lead in gasoline and poof...violent society.  Lead bans for gasoline went national in 1986 and bans for lead in other products went live in 1977, like lead pipes and paints.

The Secret History of Lead

MEFOBILLS Added Mar 22, 2018 - 9:39am

Patrick Moynihan wrote a seminal book about the black family.  He was a liberal Senator, and perhaps the last liberal senator that had a brain.

It is called, "The Negro Family, The case for National Action."

Here is Moynihan's conclusion from Wikipedia since it say's it more accurately than I can:

The report concluded that the structure of family life in the black community constituted a 'tangle of pathology... capable of perpetuating itself without assistance from the white world,' and that 'at the heart of the deterioration of the fabric of Negro society is the deterioration of the Negro family. It is the fundamental source of the weakness of the Negro community at the present time.' Also, the report argued that the matriarchal structure of black culture weakened the ability of black men to function as authority figures. That particular notion of black familial life has become a widespread, if not dominant, paradigm for comprehending the social and economic disintegration of late 20th-century black urban life.

PAYING WOMEN TO HAVE CHILDREN via Welfare i.e. Great Society, is the leading variable not following.  It creates a Matriarchial Structure.  Men being disenfranchised from jobs and from being providers breaks down family formation and destroys the relations between women and men.

Everything else is just knock on effects.  By the way, blacks are "Canary's in the coal mine."  Whatever happens to blacks, soon happens to whites.  Now that white families are being broken down, we see social dysfunction like Opiod Crises beginning to happen.  The drugs (including lead) are lagging indicators, not the primary variable.

Blacks in Africa never formed male/female bonding pairs like Caucasoids or North East Asians.  They used a village model in "it takes a village."  Ironically, it is in the old south, where strict social structures were in place, that blacks families were allowed to flourish.  False liberal notions of equality have done great damage and go against Logos (natural law), and are hence are doomed to failure.

There has NEVER been a Matriarchial Society in history that survived.  This is an ironclad law equal to physical laws like gravity.

Rusty Smith Added Mar 22, 2018 - 10:35am
MEFOBILLS  I must commend  you on all that research, but am hesitant to make a direct correlation between criminal behavior and skin color.  I think it's about culture and the resulting poverty, not skin color.

Right now the predominant cultural values in many poor predominantly black neighborhoods are heavily influenced by the way they embrace and value "gangster" dress, music, entertainment, talk and behavior.  Their kid grow up emulating gangsters in every way, it's fun to talk, dress and behave like gangsters including all the tough talk and as they get older many do transition from talk to action complete with the all the trimmings like real guns.

I think generational poverty and being brought up in that culture by irresponsible, uneducated mothers who don't know how to guide their children though example, is what makes it so easy for their children to be enticed into that surreal world.

Children from working families grow up associating hard work with success and money, children from generational poverty fatherless families only associate success with criminal behavior because that's the only success they have ever known.  Mom doesn't work hard for a living, she works the system cheating any way she can to maximize her take.  Dad, well who the heck is that?  He used mom and moved on.  Nothing good comes from hard work in their world, all you get is a hard time from the man and chump change, and maybe even lose your benefits if you try hard and earn too much.

And then we are surprised when they emulate the real gangsters in their neighborhood?  Those are the only success models they see.
MEFOBILLS Added Mar 22, 2018 - 10:50am
Rusty,

First of all "skin color" is virtue signaling.  Race goes beyond skin color.  Many thousands of years of differential evolution predict differential outcome.  It can be no other way.

Eject this bad hypnotic conditioning you are programmed with.

Also, "hate" is not the same thing as truth.  There is no correlation.  I don't hate blacks because they are a different race than me, much less because their skin color is darker.  There are "caucasoid" people in India that are darker than many negroes.  So, stop with the skin color argument  - it is stupid.

I'm saying that if you have feeling for people groups, then you would want what is right for them.  Negroes evolved on different pathways, and hence have differential behaviors. The evidence for this is overwhelming as the same patterns appear EVERYWHERE in the world where they settle.  I do not ignore overwhelming evidence.

I'm also saying that the Village Model for "blacks" in Africa does not overlay properly onto the west, and that FAMILY FORMATION is the key.  Liberalism has destroyed the black family, and is the dominant factor in the destruction of black civil society in the West.

What is good for blacks in the west is also good for everybody.... that is - reinstating the family as the cornerstone of civilization.
Rusty Smith Added Mar 22, 2018 - 10:55am
Gerrilea welfare does keep people in generational poverty by destroying the incentives they need to escape.  Blacks are not alone, one of the best examples in the US is Native Americans in reservations, who have not escaped poverty and they have some of the most generous social assistance plans in the country.  In other countrie other immigrants who are given too much assistance, like the Muslims in parts of Europe, are having the same problem.

Poverty is not generation life sentence for people who reject it and have the cultural values it takes to do something about it.  Most Asian groups came here with Zero Skills and not even speaking English and escaped poverty in one generation.  Of course they don't have a "poor me", "it's not my fault", "I need help just to be equal", mentality.  So what's the difference?

Asians embrace educational opportunities, poor blacks generally reject them.

Asian family structure is usually intact and hard work is the norm.  Blacks reject traditional family structures and work is frowned upon.

Asian families are shamed if a family member commits a crime, blacks have no family to shame

Asians grow up focused on education, blacks focus on ways to beat the system, frequently crime.

If a white or black child was adopted by a black or an Asian family they would grow up with their values and follow the same path.  It's not the skin color, it's not that blacks ate lots of lead and their brains are wrecked, it's the culture they grow up in.  If you grow up pretending to be a gangster, dress like one, talk like one, and despise educational opportunities, do you think you will ever appeal to employers?  If a well educated white person went to an interview dressed like a medieval monk, they would be rejected just as quickly.
Pardero Added Mar 22, 2018 - 11:29am
Rusty Smith,
MEFOBILLS,
I don't think you two are all that far apart.

Rusty Smith,
That is a fine rebuttal to Gerrilea and could easily be an excellent article in its own right. Gerrilea has made excuses that should affect all ethnic groups fairly equally. They don't need any more excuses, they have plenty. Many demagogues and panderers have made lucrative careers from excuses. I work with some black people that are ambitious and dependable. They are succeeding because they have good values. They left their urban environs to make something of themselves.
Gerrilea Added Mar 22, 2018 - 11:33am
Mefobills--- Sorry quoting the misogamist Monihan, what 30 yrs ago, is completely abdicating the responsibility for government policies we all freaking voted for.  "Take a Bite out of Crime"....et al.

The manipulating bastards used the black man to further their political goals and then rationalized their fraud by blaming WOMEN.

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

There, now that's out of my system...

LOOK at the research.  VIOLENCE BEGETS VIOLENCE.

There were no male figures in the house BECAUSE WE PUT THEM ALL IN GODDAMN JAILS!  Modern day "plantations".

We put so many of them in jail for so long, when they got out of the only "social structure" they knew...they kept on keeping on. Their children EMULATED what they saw their Daddies doing.  Wearing their pants hanging off their butts, they thought it was cool to be like what their Dad's were...CONVICTS.

This isn't rocket science or advanced particle physics.  The black man was discriminated and ostracized by our society. Hell, in my "liberal" state of New York, I understood it as a child going into Kindergarten at a private Catholic School at the age of 5 in the early '60's.  My teacher was a black woman and my father asked me question after question, trying to elicit some inkling that I saw something different.  I DIDN'T and didn't understand until my Mother tried to explain it to me.  My teacher had brown skin....ANNDDD???  It made no difference to me, she was the boss.

I did understand power and authority.  If she told me to do something, I damn well better do it or else...

My point is, RARELY would you see a black person with a job.  They weren't allowed to work in many places.

HOW did we think they were going to survive in our culture and society?  Maybe some magical fairy would show up and turn them all white?  What???

ANY questions why they were rounded up and jailed?  We made the various avenues they created to survive...ILLEGAL and then we waged a war against them!

Don't kid yourself, I'm not some self-loathing, guilt ridden white person, not in the slightest BUT our government destroyed their families, whether intentional or not, through fake "wars".

Today, when they say shit like math is racist, I want to scream at them and slap sense into them.

We know what happened, they know what happened.  Let's fix it.  End the war on drugs, release all non-violent drug "offenders", give them a damn home and welcome them back into our society as free men and women.  Then give them jobs that match their desires and abilities....NOT because their skin is darker than mine.

Mefobills--- YOU ARE simply wrong to claim "thousands of years of differential evolution..."

We are the same goddamn species AND race.  99.9% of our DNA is exactly the fucking same.

Now had you argued "breed", then you might have a case.  Just like dogs, each breed has it's own temperament and individual traits..but that's because we manipulated them that way.

MEFOBILLS Added Mar 22, 2018 - 11:35am
Rusty,
You say this:

You are pretending again that there are no racial differences and that it is only culture.
I suggest you read the Minnesota Twin Adoption Studies.  The data is in.  Black Children reared in White Familes advanced to the white norm while as children, but when hitting the age of 16 and beyond, normed to standard black IQ levels.  Many behavioral traits are genetic not social.  Things like higher testosterone level, and lower time preferences are genetic.

If you want to be kind to blacks, or any other group, then stop with the lies.  There are racial differences, as evolution predicts - it can be no other way.

Solutions to the black problem can only be tailored once the lying stops.  One solution would be strict social structures that uphold MEN and not black women.  Matriarchies ALWAYS FAIL.

Also, I suggest you read up on Booker T. Washington vs W.E.B. Dubois.  The poison pill shoved down black throats was that of WEB Dubois and his ((Friends)).

Maybe I have to write an article to dispel this nonsense that I keep hearing.  Blacks need to be economic actors, with deep roots in the economy, and have good civil structures to operate within.  That may even entail re-segregation (Oh the Horror).
MEFOBILLS Added Mar 22, 2018 - 11:57am
Pardero,

Of course.  Think of it like a Venn diagram.  There are significant overlap between the races.  You will find people in the intersection that are similar in IQ and behavior, and yet are of different races.

But please don't seize on "exception makes the rule" logic to drive your own personal belief system.

What matters in social science is the SHAPE OF THE DISTRIBUTION CURVE.  In statistical terms each race has a different shape, and that means taking in all of the population into the data set.

This science is clear and irrefutable, no matter the hand waving and histrionics here at WB.

The trick is to be clear eyed about it and truthful.  Yes, blacks have been used by predators to steal their labor value - something I abhor.  Many of these same predators promulgate lies to then keep black labor value down to a low price.

I'm suggesting that  true conservative values of Booker T. Washington are the answer to black community dysfunction.  But then, the usual "bad guys" hosed down Booker, and the usual bad guys used the same "liberal" argument back then as they do today.

In other words, this virtue signaling I keep hearing at WB is ultimately pandering to Financial Oligarchy.

Sorry, the races are different and race is VERY predictive on behavior.  Environment is a much lower factor.  To everybody- stop with the "skin color" argument - that is an implanted memory.  Plutocracy and Oligarchy want high friction civilization so nobody looks up at their thefts.

Pardero Added Mar 22, 2018 - 11:58am
I have read of the higher testosterone levels. It is a fact. White men with unusually high testosterone levels also have many problems. Proven fact.
These genetic differences are far from insurmountable. We must assist in creation of strong family units of all races, especially the blacks. If ADHD kids can be helped with early extra training, those techniques could keep other kids on the right path.
I work with a Sub-Saharan immigrant. Although he is ambitious and dependable, he was failing at a complex job. He just didn't get it. Usually affable, he had a lot of stress and became surly sometimes. Because he was so dependable, he was retained and placed in a job that suited him better. He is thriving at the new job.
Telling a low IQ person that they can be anything they want to be, and then they fail, is cruel. It is one of the cruelest lies there is. Telling them whitey is keeping him down leads to riots and other violent behavior. Realistic expectations that they can be a productive member of society, if they follow the rules, is a better policy.
Gerrilea Added Mar 22, 2018 - 12:19pm
Mefobills--Good gog, you're not only sexist, you are racist to boot.

Damn that took courage, didn't it?

Matriarchal societies are less violent and more successful.  That's why the Europeans had to all but exterminate them...they stood as proof against those barbaric theories.

If you want your genetics to survive beyond your generation...you're gonna get me food, shelter and change the damn light bulbs.  When you're done with that, I want the garbage taken out and the lawn cut.

Now don't go getting' your boxers tied in knots...I'm not a feminist either.  You will show me the same respect you give your father and I expect you to protect me from your violent brethren.  After all, you are well suited for such endeavors, might as well utilize them, now and again. BUT don't think this limited license I've granted you gives you the authority to go out and conquer the world...UNLESS you doing it for me.

Then I'll have to think about it.

Okay, enough fun.  You can't seriously believe the things you do.  Men and women are different, we're designed that way for a purpose...to ensure our genetic survival.  It doesn't make either one better or worse.  The details on how we negotiate that survival are still being debated and fought.

HOWEVER, If I'm on top this week and you're on the bottom next week...doesn't change the reality...we are superior.

OH wait...I didn't mean to go there...not yet anyways.

Ugh.

I really wish I hadn't seen or read your last few "thoughts":

"...Blacks need to be economic actors, with deep roots in
      the economy, and have good civil structures to operate
      within.  That may even entail re-segregation
      (Oh the Horror). "

There really isn't any common ground here.  You've too brain-damaged to continue this.

Pardero Added Mar 22, 2018 - 12:42pm
Gerrilea,
Although I once was predisposed to a favorable attitude towards matriarchal societies, history proves that they are unable to compete. Indeed, DNA suggests that we have patriarchal society male DNA with matriarchal society female DNA. Much evidence indicate that the Basques were originally matriarchal and descendents of the Cro-Magnons. They have only a small enclave but evidence suggests that they once occupied much of the Iberian peninsula and France.
The Patriarchal Kurgans got the babes. The matriarchal societies probably left the most traces among the Germanic peoples, who still have the highest equality among the sexes to this day(CIA world facts, if I recall).
Some anthropologists call the Funnel Beaker Culture likely matriarchal and it became the Battke Axe Culture which was likely patriarchal. The Germanic language branch has the most non-Indo-European words of any branch and retains a lot of irregular verbs which may indicate influence from a nonIE sub-strate.
As much as I admire the Minoan culture, they were overrun by the ancient Myceneans like they were a Girl Scout troop.
Whether or not matriarchal societies were a peaceful idyllic paradise is hard to say, but they were swept aside by fierce patriarchal nomads from the Steppes.
Pardero Added Mar 22, 2018 - 12:43pm
Oops, Battle Axe Culture
Pardero Added Mar 22, 2018 - 12:55pm
Gerrilea,
You don't have to like the way we were designed, but denying it seems silly. Modern society lets you survive in a world that patriarchal societies made safe enough that you could.
Fighting the way you were designed only leads to dissatisfaction and social ills.
I am tired of talking, is that sandwich made, yet?
MEFOBILLS Added Mar 22, 2018 - 1:27pm
Gerrilea,

It boils down to a-priori vs post facto logic.

A Priori is a logic system where the facts are force fit to a pre-conceived notion.  This notion promulgated is often hypnosis shouted out by the media.

Post-Facto is where the logic or thesis is formed based on facts.  That is after the fact or post facto.

Post-Facto anthropological DATA and Post -Facto sociological data tell us that women and men are different.  It also tells us the races are different.  Pardero just gave you post facto data on Matriarchial Cultures.  I'm sure you won't listen.

A-Priori logic systems are liar systems.  It means that narratives are made up to get the feels.  But, I'm not interested in feel-good nostrums that have nothing to do with reality.  In fact these "feels" cause real problems.   A-Priori people live in Alice in Wonderland, and usually screech when their precious shibboleths are undermined.

Example:  A young black boy has more testosterone than an equivalent aged white boy.  Black boy also matures faster, as much as two years.  Young black boys respond to action based teaching, where they can move while being taught.  Young black boys respond to male black teachers much better than female black teachers.  Precocious puberty for girls is rampant in black community, so female distraction to learning for black boys is a big problem.   We also know the puberty problem is functionally related to not having Dad's in the household -something to do with Dad's smell.  Go back to my argument about intact black families being the most important social variable.

Liberals break down black families, and thus hate blacks.

So, if you don't hate black boys, then you would want them to be in an all black boys school taught only by black men.  Further you would teach with kinetics, and the boys would be required to run and do gym.  No girls around so no distractions.

But, because you adhere to a-priori false logic, then your outputs are false and damaging.  Then you scream racism because you don't want to challenge your own internal hateful dogma.

Therefore a-prori false dogma teaches hate even though you don't mean to hate.  But, indeed you are a hater.

Women are also different than men, and now we have to deal  with "there is no such thing as different sexes" and children are free to pick their gender.  Again, this is a-priori with the output of abusing a child who is not old enough to decide if he wants a sex change.  It is hate.

Pardero Added Mar 22, 2018 - 2:45pm
MEFOBILLS,
Damn, that is impressive material!
You had me merely with 'shibboleth.' I have never been able to get that into a sentence.
Seriously, that is impressive stuff. Please keep in mind that Gerrilea is a knowledgable and tireless supporter of the Constitution, along with the the author, Rusty Smith. Riley Brown is another extremely valuable defender of the Constitution who values the uniqueness and differences between the sexes.
As an aside, I am aware of those unusual scent glands and may need to do some more reading. It may not serve the delicate sensibilities of some readers, and could distract them to point out more genetic differences.
Gerrilea Added Mar 22, 2018 - 2:48pm
Mefobills--- Blah, blah, blah....blah...blah.

You rationalize racism.  Despite your claims to the contrary.

You rationalize sexism.

How many black boys or men have you worked with?

Are you black?   Are you a Muslim?

Your arguments sound very familiar.  And then you still blame women and liberals for the destruction of the black family.

Pardero explained how his one student couldn't do complex tasks...not many can, is it a reflection of his "black race"? Nope.  It reflects on the person he's helping and their individual traits and abilities.

Post-facto analysis of our DNA shows we are 99.999% the same.

Any differences imagined or otherwise come from geographic location with the accompanying climate and culture...not genetics.

Post-facto analysis shows us that when man spends extended periods in space, they lose all those "extra abilities" you claim are solely "race related".

The human body adjusts to the environment it is in.

Pardero--- Force is God on this planet.  Men are genetically stronger than women.  Any rationalizations arising after that are immaterial.  Might makes right was valid as we evolved out of caves and wandered about on a planet with bazillions of fierce other creatures that wanted us for dinner. Either we adapted or perished.

Oh, and your sandwich...I couldn't make it because you didn't bring me the wild boar you promised.  Bob, over the hill, he was kind enough to do it for me though and we'll be eating fabulously tonight.

Pardero Added Mar 22, 2018 - 3:20pm
Gerrilea,
I am pressed for time, but I can't let that go. Keep in mind that we are the same people that emerged from those ice age refuges. Society is more complex but our design is the same. We are what we are, from those conditions, not the present ones.
That is nice on your feast, I'll find some other cave to take my venison to.
MEFOBILLS Added Mar 22, 2018 - 3:30pm
Pardero,

That is correct.  The fourth ice ages created differential humans.  We can broadly classify humans into two types based on this accelerated evolution:  Sun People vs Ice People.

By the way Gerrilea is probably not aware that science is finding gene clusters for intelligence, and their predictive rate is .9 (meaning almost completely accurate).

Science also has found many of the gene clusters responsible for violence.

And yes, these gene clusters congregate by race - oh the horrors.  Sorry, it is what it is.

A-Priori people cling to shibboleths and false dogma and when challenged resort to ad-hominems.

China, since it is a single race country and not hobbled with poltical correctness, is studying genetic science intently.  They are taking samples from genius people around the world with the intent on genetically engineering their population in future.

MEFOBILLS Added Mar 22, 2018 - 3:34pm
Remember this article started out with Rusty not being brave enough to point out that it was BLACK areas that are responsible for the gun crime.
Lying on this scale is terrible.   It is not a kindness.  If you have grown up on a steady diet that these areas are  fine and happy places, and everybody is the same, then when an individual gets killed or raped, it is on you for spreading hypnosis at variance with facts.  You are guilty.  Look in the mirror instead of projecting outward.