Trump's PC Plague Penicillin

Trump's  PC Plague Penicillin
  • 434
  • 119
  • 12

President Trump's greatest achievement occurred long before he became president. PC has pervaded our culture to such an extent, that Trump's off the cuff remarks delighted ordinary folks, and sent sensitive highly conditioned stooges into hysterics.

We should not underestimate Trump's influence on popular culture. Although this forum is infested with many who believe that they are independent thinkers and true conservatives, when confronted with ideas that go against current group think and PC established narratives, it is only with grim satisfaction, that I watch them retreat to progressive talking points and arguments. Those characters will use the typical tools of the herd to ostracize and shun those that espouse heresies and sacrilege of the precepts of their conditioning.

Possibly, they fear entertaining a thought that reminds them of crueler times and deeds. For his part, Trump has been an iconoclast who has broken many images and holds the promise of breaking more. Many who have demonstrated great intelligence and discernment, tremble at challenges to group think, and lock their discernment away.

Harlan Ellison, in the award winning short story Repent Harlequin, Said The Ticktockman, described a horrific dystopian future, in which the character Harlequin, is the last human alive to question the status quo.

Perhaps Trump's greatest achievement will be his role as Harlequin.

A picture for Stone-Eater Friedli.

Comments

opher goodwin Added Mar 27, 2018 - 6:35am
I think it is a great shame that PC has been misused and taken to extremes. PC is all about not disrespecting people or bullying them. Language has been used as a way of putting people down and taking away their confidence and victimising them. PC was a way of preventing that harm.
Trump is deliberately victimising people. His tactics are to create outsiders, division and fear of outsiders. It isn't a thing about ridding us of ridiculous political correctness. It is a method of focussing fear, hatred and abuse on to minorities - immigrants, Latinos, Muslims - demonising them, inflating the problems, creating fear, separating them and then uniting against them. This deflects from the real underlying problems - the gross inequality, the collapse of many old industries, the globalisation and AI that are stripping jobs. It is a way of not addressing the problem.
Meanwhile the elite are getting richer, the poor are getting poorer and no structures are put into place to address the real problems. Platitudes and division do not solve anything.
Trump is uncouth, vulgar and unPC is the most unconstructive manner possible. He is also capricious and crude and ignorant.
Pardero Added Mar 27, 2018 - 6:54am
Opher,
I cannot entirely disagree with your statements. Although we have many differences in outlook, I enjoy your well crafted prose and am pleased that you took the time to make a lengthy comment.
Thank you, Opher. Hope to hear from you soon!
Leroy Added Mar 27, 2018 - 8:45am
No doubt that Trump has broken the PC mold.  He makes me cringe sometimes.  He takes it too far.  I wouldn't want my son to speak as he does.

One thing that I have always found curious it that the more we become PC, the more we crave TV programs where someone gets humiliated.  Trump's Apprentice is a prime example, where people relish the moment where he says, "You're fired!"  There are any number of reality shows based on the humiliation of others.  I suppose it serves as a proxy like sports serve as a proxy for battle.  Maybe we humans have a need to put down our fellow man.
Dino Manalis Added Mar 27, 2018 - 8:47am
Trump is a Democrat-Republican and he's proving it constantly!
Pardero Added Mar 27, 2018 - 9:52am
Leroy,
Sorry so belated. I was driving.
I appreciate those observations.
I wrote this while I was waiting to unload on an oilfield frac location, and on 4 hours of sleep.
I will try to write something coherent.
I hate to think that you are correct. We seem torn between altruism versus barnyard scratching and clawing to have a higher status than the next person. Of course, shallow ostentatious virtue-signalling passes for true altruism these days; snark and humiliation substitutes for defeating someone in the arena.
I read a piece, I don't recall where, that we may have a need to humiliate others and take pleasure in their misery.
I don't like it either. I don't watch it. Oddly, some would put me at the top of that deplorable list.
Trump certainly is a vulgarian. You are an independent thinker and I know that you don't take this as anything but trying to somehow find a silver lining. I had hoped that there was some basic integrity and a rough noble nature under there. I agree that he is no one to emulate. So often in history, people get the leader that the masses deserve, if otherwise for the few.
Thank you for your your words, Leroy.
Pardero Added Mar 27, 2018 - 9:57am
Dino Manalis,
Thank you for reading my words.
Your nuggets of wisdom are always appreciated. Yes, people forget so soon that he was recently a Democrat. I sure wish former Senator Jim Webb had gotten the Dem. nomination, he was just the opposite party-wise, well, personality-wise, too.
Dave Volek Added Mar 27, 2018 - 11:29am
Pardero

I would say that PC is practiced by both the left and right. I have been intimated by both sides for speaking my mind.

I don't think the Trump era is going to produce any enlightened discussion. It is mostly about shutting down people who disagree.
Pardero Added Mar 27, 2018 - 11:55am
Dave Volek,
Shrewd observation. That is the truth!
You hit it on the head.
I have eclectic beliefs. I am far right on some things. I have been slammed on right wing sites for being a progressive socialist! A pacifist can annoy people on both sides.
Step away from the party line, and be disavowed by the right.
Tell unpleasant truths, and the PC addled(unbeknownst to them) will make the sign of the cross and move away.
I am trying to eke out an uncomfortable and uneasy existence as a pinball that sometimes averages the middle ground.
Always a pleasure to hear your thoughts, Dave. Thanks for reading.

Tubularsock Added Mar 27, 2018 - 12:59pm
Pardero, anytime the rules are directed to cut you down and limit one’s expressive positions Tubularsock see that as tiering.

With those in the top rows acting like the way they believe things should be are the ONLY correct way things should be.

Fuck That!

No matter how people express themselves is just a signal and their attitude and positions just causes Tubularsock to consider the source. And either accept or reject their thoughts and opinions.

Tubularsock does agree with opher on this PC business. And Trump’s “deliberately victimizing” people is a sign of a very weak centered individual. And as a leader of the nation is most divisive and unbecoming.

And yet, Orange Tweet is one of the funniest shows in town and won’t be upstaged by the gutless bottom feeding Democrats!

However Pardero, Tubularsock believes that you are giving Trump a little too much respect thinking he even has a chance as the role as Harlequin in the Washington, D.C. comedy hour.

Court jester maybe.

Trump is as much “status quo” as Killery and Obomber and Shrub! THEY ARE ALL “STATUS QUO”! And they all will put change in their pockets as well as larger bills as they fuck the rest of us over!
Pardero Added Mar 27, 2018 - 1:22pm
Tubularsock,
I am delighted to have your distinguished avatar at my humble article. Seriously.
Don't tell everybody, but I have had some roller-coaster excursions in my political beliefs. Especially don't tell that I despised Hillary so much that I was a precinct captain for the county Obama campaign. Imagine a guys confusion, remembering me, and then I turn up as a Ron Paul delegate. Crazy world. Lately, I may find you as somewhat of a gadfly, but there was a time that such a thought would have never entered my mind.
I try to have some team loyalty, at least until most of the team disavows me.
I am on Cat Stevens' Peace Train. All aboard.
opher goodwin Added Mar 27, 2018 - 1:30pm
Padero - you are welcome. I always enjoy intelligent debate.
Pardero Added Mar 27, 2018 - 1:43pm
Opher,
When I get rich, we will take some ladies to a mixed Morris Dance.
mark henry smith Added Mar 27, 2018 - 2:43pm
Who creates PC ness? That's what I need to know.
It appears that every group has their own way to judge the show.

In a group of niggers, you can say nigger, but from outside it ain't right.

And if you call the nigger who just used nigger a nigger, it'll probably get you in a fight, maybe be your last night.

Trump has opened the floodgates, talking the way a lot of people think, but are hesitant to have known.

Trump is half everything, half dem, half rep, half businessman, half thief, half husband, half dog, half president, half laughing stock, half groan.
Pardero Added Mar 27, 2018 - 2:54pm
mark henry smith,
Great comment!! That is some damned expressive language.
I am stuck on night shift and got to sleep or I'd write more.
Thanks, Marko
Eric Reports Added Mar 27, 2018 - 3:51pm
Can you imagine if Hillary Clinton were president right now?  P.C. culture would have run amok.  Every day we should thank God, Donald Trump is President.
Pardero Added Mar 27, 2018 - 4:24pm
Eric Reports,
We definitely dodged a bullet. At his worst, he is 10 times better than HRC.
Tubularsock Added Mar 27, 2018 - 4:30pm
Well Eric Reports, Tubularsock isn’t a big fan of Killery and PC doesn’t bother Tubularsock because he says what he wants and how he wants.

Dump is not worth a pile of shit. Tubularsock wouldn’t downgrade shit to that level.

The guy has no class whatever and no ability to do much of anything except Tweet and he even does that poorly.

mark henry smith has even given Orange Tweet his “HALF” evaluation and even that is way above the deserved Trump division. You’d have to start in negative numbers!

However he is comic relief.
Pardero Added Mar 27, 2018 - 4:32pm
Tubularsock,
Be nice, Mr. T.
I gotta work tonight! This blog is addictive. Never a dull moment.
Tubularsock Added Mar 27, 2018 - 4:45pm
Pardero, despising Killery is understandable and toss Bill in there as well. And Obummer fooled a lot of people so shit happens.

Tubularsock does agree with some of Ron Pauls positions but not a huge fan.

However it is clear to Tubularsock that with Dump, America deserves what it got and if that means we slide down to destruction well ........
Cheers

Nice? Tubularsock IS nice. Just ask him. The ayes have it.

Sorry about the work load but moving around does diminish you as a target ......... or that is what the CIA tells Tubularsock.

James Travil Added Mar 27, 2018 - 5:00pm
If I were to assess Trump for a truly positive contribution I would say it was his pointing out that the corporate mainstream media outlets are fake news. Of course the talking heads of the corporate mainstream media outlets strongly disagreed and ridiculed Trump for his pronouncements (no big surprise there) but the underlying undeniable fact remains that yellow journalism rags like CNN do deliberately produce establishment oriented fake news. At least Trump has had the courage to call them on their shit.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Mar 27, 2018 - 5:42pm
I agree with Opher. PC became just too much. We all want to be polite. But the demands of what constitutes politeness have gone through the roof. Somebody had to tear it down and it does allow more enlightened discussions. We must be able to talk about immigration and war. If we don't the population will just be surprised with the results after the fact. A recipe for disaster.
opher goodwin Added Mar 27, 2018 - 6:20pm
Padero - I shall look forward to that. Perhaps I can persuade my sister to teach us a few dances so that we can join in.
opher goodwin Added Mar 27, 2018 - 6:23pm
James - I'd agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that Trumpet only attacks mainstream news when it comes out with negative stuff about him. That's what he calls fake news and it's probably the only news that isn't fake.
opher goodwin Added Mar 27, 2018 - 6:26pm
Benjamin - nothing should get in the way of being able to discuss race, immigration, politics, sexual politics, war, foreign policy, religion or any other subject. But that discussion should be frank, honest, spoken clearly but refrain from abuse, put-downs or arrogance.
We needed PC because there was too much bullying, racism, bigotry and arrogance.
It went too far when it inhibited debate.
George N Romey Added Mar 27, 2018 - 6:37pm
You can be blunt and that’s what people want. FDR was blunt as well as Truman, TR, Eisenhower at times. But being buffoonish isn’t being blunt.
MEFOBILLS Added Mar 27, 2018 - 6:39pm
Robert David Steele has some good ideas that I wish Trump would adopt.
RDS is an ex CIA analyst, best selling author, and has been nominated for a Nobel .

For the press, he would remove them to another "bigger" venue, and then have experts on hand for the press to quiz.

For national security, it would be a multi dimensional approach that includes health, demographics, economy, .... he has about 10 top threats to mankind, and takes a holistic view on them.  Trump is not getting good info from his National Security Advisors.

Another Press Idea is Trumpets..... This would be a direct democracy action using PolMO.  Ideas would be floated to the public, and they could respond through on line polling.  This is populist of course, but is a way of sampling the public mood.  Trump could use this to club congress critters.

Also, there is a great idea to eradicate student debt which threatens a generation.  It would be an executive order to bring all student debt under one umbrella, and then Trump would negotiate with bankers.  Those debt that have been paid multiple times would be dismissed /erased first.

I would add to Steele, in the creation of a new channel.  It would be public private, and private people could be paid watchdogs.   In other words, advertising money would vector toward citizen journalists.   Those fake news channels if they are provable wrong at high rates, would have their license come up for suspension.

opher goodwin Added Mar 27, 2018 - 7:00pm
George - it certainly isn't. We're not getting bluntness from Trump. We're getting a very skewed view.
opher goodwin Added Mar 27, 2018 - 7:01pm
MEFO - I am not familiar with the people you mention but the ideas seem sound to me.
MEFOBILLS Added Mar 27, 2018 - 7:06pm
Opher,

Robert David Steele has a lot of youtube presence as well as books.   Enjoy.
It really isn't a left right problem, it is a "what is the right thing" problem.  A lot of people on both sides of the spectrum want to do the wrong thing because it materially benefits themselves.  We have to be aware in order to stop them.
Pardero Added Mar 27, 2018 - 9:09pm
Tubularsock,
Moving around LOl. Icl knew a guy with an illegal CB amplifier. I exclaimed that it was illegal! He said we're mobile. They will never catch me.

James,
That is so true. That is a huge cultural change. Media used to be the 'God Makers.' They are much diminished.

Benjamin Goldstein,
You stated that very well. Than you. Things fester if not discussed. People resent 'taboo' subjects.
Pardero Added Mar 27, 2018 - 9:15pm
Opher,
Thank you so much for keeping an eye on the place while I was sleeping! I owe you a favor. Will catch up with you later. : )
Pardero Added Mar 27, 2018 - 9:22pm
George N. Romey,
Thanks for dropping in. Most people appreciate plain talk. We resent all the usual lawyer weasel words.

MEFOBILLS,
I can't do your informative comment justice, but I am grateful. I will read some Robert David Steele. I hope that people realize what a valuable thinker you are.

To all : I woke up too early, and must get a little more sleep to drive tonight.
Thank you all for your thoughts.
Michael B. Added Mar 27, 2018 - 10:05pm
As far as I know, PCness has its origins in the Soviet Union; anyone who wasn't "politically correct" was sent to those lovely timeshares known as gulags and/or "liquidated". Political correctness and leftism, rather than being a conflation, are synonymous terms. Here's what the infamous Unabomber had to say about them, in his (self-incarcerating, lol) manifesto:

7. But what is leftism? During the first half of the 20th
century leftism could have been practically identified with
socialism. Today the movement is fragmented and it is not
clear who can properly be called a leftist. When we speak
of leftists in this article we have in mind mainly socialists,
collectivists, “politically correct” types, feminists, gay and
disability activists, animal rights activists and the like. But
not everyone who is associated with one of these movements is a leftist. What we are trying to get at in discussing leftism is not so much movement or an ideology as a
psychological type, or rather a collection of related types.
Thus, what we mean by “leftism” will emerge more clearly
in the course of our discussion of leftist psychology.
Pardero Added Mar 27, 2018 - 10:09pm
Michael B.
Thank you for the information. Too bad such a smart guy was so troubled.
Michael B. Added Mar 27, 2018 - 10:22pm
Pardero, I thought the Unabomber was particularly remarkable in that I actually know a couple of low-level neo-Luddites, and they are invariably hard-core lefties, lol.
Pardero Added Mar 27, 2018 - 10:29pm
Michael B.
If he hadn't been so anti-social, he could be running a fine blog right now. Usually lefties, yes. Right wingers with Luddite tendencies seem to retain more civilization thanvthe lefties. Just a simpler life.
Stone-Eater Added Mar 28, 2018 - 6:04am
Pardero

Thanks for the pic :-) To PC....

Hm. I think it is a thing going nowhere. It started in '69 with freedom of expression and "the right to be different than others". The problem is that it got out of hand. An originally good idea got to the extreme and seems being perverted now.

Respect for others, no matter what color or culture, should be an integral part of a grown personality. But it is not. Why ? Because in order to rule, you have to get people into a sort of same-think, same-behave, same-identity.

The king can't rule when each of us is aware of his OWN identity. People are used to CATEGORIES and DRAWERS. Order. Now, if the king sees that there's too many categories and drawers around he will try to put them all back together into ONE category, and, in our case, that would be PC. PC is a way to give people the impression of being tolerant and worldly, understanding. That's all ok. But the problem is that when the majority is on PC, they will exclude and damn that minority not accepting PC - and therefore they are - intolerant.

LGBTQERV whatever is a nice control tool again, supported by the media and antisocial networks.

I talk to people from Africa or Asia and they tell me simply: You guys really have no problems in life other than to occupy yourselves with shit like that, no ?

And I have to agree. We Westerners have forgotten that WE are a minority on this planet, and by occupying ourselves with language change and public toilets for n genders newly identified, we do not see or try to help solving the real problems of this world.

A wanted scenario, I'd say.
Kevin Marlin, LSSMBB Added Mar 28, 2018 - 8:00am
Good Read! PC is GARBAGE! It is nothing more that what brainwashed automatons are. Guess what? This nation was founded on freedom of faith and though and not on how to spare the feelings of others. I do find it interesting that people hat trump for pulling the same crap they do.

It was okay for Obama to make the comments about crusaders and Christians and people clinging to their guns and Bibles, that was cheered.
Pardero Added Mar 28, 2018 - 8:12am
Stone-Eater Friedli,
I agree. The Powers That Be seem government mouth pieces seem to promote the conformity and group think. The LGBT etc. thing is indeed a distraction from substantive issues.
A writer at another blog lamented that hundreds of thousands mobilized to protest against guns, but not a single protest as the US with vassals and lackeys aggressively pursue a dangerous policy of confrontation and escalation.
These same tactics i.e. unverifiable incidents and atrocities were used in the Middle East not so long ago.
The neo-conservative war-mongers have a low opinion of the people's intelligence, and sadly, it seems to be justified.

Pardero Added Mar 28, 2018 - 9:03am
Kevin Marlin, LSSMBB,
Thank you and welcome to Writer Beat!
We can agree that PC has become another tool of group think to force confirmity on everyone. The only independent thinkers are those that challenge political correctness. It is now a club to batter malcontents and rebels into submission.
Neil Lock Added Mar 28, 2018 - 9:42am
Pardero: Fine article, and a great comment thread. What started out as a movement towards freedom of expression and accepting those who are different from others (as Stone-Eater says above) has become perverted into PC, the exact opposite. But that's just what politics does. To everything it touches.

As to Trump, I normally avoid commenting on individual politicians, but I do agree with you that, despite all his faults, he's an order of magnitude less bad than the alternative would have been.
George N Romey Added Mar 28, 2018 - 9:49am
We actually need a bull in the china closet in this country. But then we need someone to put back the pieces correctly and I don’t see Trump as that person. Maybe Sanders would have been but then he folded like a cheap tent. Clinton would have been 8 more useless years.
Pardero Added Mar 28, 2018 - 9:58am
Neil Lock,
Thank you!
I read your associate's brilliant play that illustrated libertarian beliefs. It seems so sensible.
Can it be adapted to state level only? Can it be compatible with nationalism and (horrors) a level of protectionism.
A lot of libertarian leaners, myself included, get off the bus because of open borders. Such a system would be great for a homogenous population of intelligent industrious people, but I see problems instantly at the international level. Germany, before the rise of Prussia, might be an example, but they suffered from the power of modern states and followed suit into a centralized nation-state.

Neil Lock Added Mar 28, 2018 - 10:23am
Pardero: I can't answer your questions in much detail as I'd like to. The skein of articles I am working on is carrying me towards (hopefully) answering some of the questions you raise here. But I have lots, lots more thinking still to do and articles still to write...

I think we can build a framework for the future, which can allow people of different races, ethnicities, cultures, religions etc. to live together in reasonable harmony. I think the problem with nationalism is less the nation (group of people of common race, religion or culture) than the state (a system that allows a powerful class to rule over everyone else, and to make bad laws, taxes, wars etc.) In my view, the 16th century system, that is the political state as it exists today, has got to go. On top of that, we need far smaller political units than today's nations or countries; and yes, the former German model of "free cities" does have some things to commend it.

But as I said, I haven't thought or worked these ideas through yet.
Stone-Eater Added Mar 28, 2018 - 10:25am
Pardero

He's exactly right, I see it that way. Collective cognitive dissonance.
Stone-Eater Added Mar 28, 2018 - 10:27am
BTW: It's also natural human behavior. What doesn't happen in front of my doorstep doesn't concern me. But today, in our globalized world, it's not like that anymore. People have to understand that if a sack of rice falls down in China might affect the US, Europe or any part of the world LOL
Pardero Added Mar 28, 2018 - 10:32am
George N Romey,
I couldn't agree more.
We had young adults having breakdowns because they saw Trump's name on a sign or written on a sidewalk. They have been hardened to that sort of inhuman abuse, now, and might consider reasonable men like Jim Webb or Rand Paul to be civilized centrists.
We seem to swing wildly, as an electorate. Last time, we picked a metrosexual half-Negro. This time, a boorish and possibly bellicose billionaire. I predict a soft-spoken center-left president, next time. Maybe even a fake Indian.
Stone-Eater Added Mar 28, 2018 - 10:39am
Kevin

Welcome here. In my view, 0bama was a fake. Why ? Because a) due to his heritage as being half-African he could have entered the African market in no time and break the Chinese drive. He was cheered in Africa when being elected - I was there. And b) the conclusion why he didn't do it is either a) he was a puppet of the MIC or b) he was not as we call a personality who can stand up to "them".

So what can we expect from Trump ? Nothing. It's not him who decides. He merely uses newspeak (Twitter and the sort) to get his message across, which is the same thin air as the ones before him. But the LANGUAGE has changed. Today 160 letters are enough to "convince" people...
Pardero Added Mar 28, 2018 - 10:54am
Neil Lock,
Thank for that reply.
I need to read more myself and consult with MEFOBILLS.
I believe that you are correct in the smaller units. A lot of smaller political states seems more conducive to freedom. US hegemony ain't exactly a Pax Romana, unfortunately. After the US and Israel balkanize a few more nation-states, what of them?(rhetorical)
I feel somewhat evil for wondering if a balkanized USA might be the best outcome for peace and freedom. A balkanized USA would be less able to backstop Israel's reign of terror.
Pardero Added Mar 28, 2018 - 10:59am
Stone-Eater Friedli,
Your conclusions work for me. Obama was a fake. Trump appears to be one but could still change course. Trump is erratic; it may be our only hope.
Stone-Eater Added Mar 28, 2018 - 11:59am
Pardero

No US president can be a sign of hope. Why ? Because the all-compassing power he has as a single person automatically drives his ego where it shouldn't be. Power has to be delivered in more hands. And it has to be independent of the crooked financial system which only produces digital air.
George N Romey Added Mar 28, 2018 - 3:14pm
We’ve had now 17 years of fakes. The system produces fakes. Trump in his buffoonish way is much more the real deal than Bush, Obama and certainly HRC. The Deep State wants the fakes, they are very easily controlled.
Pardero Added Mar 28, 2018 - 4:04pm
George N Romey,
I agree that he is the most real out of a slippery bunch. I am not a fan, but we could have done a hell of a lot worse. He put some big cracks in PC and I am grateful.
Michael B. Added Mar 29, 2018 - 12:47am
Hi Pardero, my most recent post about AC was removed by AC herself! That's it for me, I'm leaving for a while. Fuck that shit. Anyway, I have read almost every one of your posts, and have liked and/or commented on many of them, dude. Don't go menstrual on me, lol! Bye for now!
Autumn Cote Added Mar 29, 2018 - 12:49am
Fuck that shit in you should be allowed to do stuff on this site that nobody else is allowed to do?
Pardero Added Mar 29, 2018 - 1:02am
Michael B.
I was just goofing off. 1 hour of sleep at an oil well. Get pretty goofy. Just messing with you.

Autumn,
He is a good guy and fills a needed role, here. We need a prankster. It was kinda clever but I understand you need to keep some formality and decorum.
Autumn Cote Added Mar 29, 2018 - 1:06am
I liked the article and simply request he post it no earlier than 9:43pm tonight.  It has nothing to do with decorum or formality.
Pardero Added Mar 29, 2018 - 1:09am
Sorry to jump to conclusions. I will awkwardly butt out and stop talking out of turn.
Stone-Eater Added Mar 29, 2018 - 1:58am
Autumn

I need a Swiss hater here. Otherwise I have no one left to quarrel with LOL
Pardero Added Mar 29, 2018 - 2:19am
Stone-Eater Friedli,
Someone was slurring the Swiss for being with Russia. Can't remember who right now. One of the war-mongers.
Pardero Added Mar 29, 2018 - 2:21am
The internet personality known as 'The Saker' says he grew up in Switzerland. He is anti-war and somewhat pro-Russia.
James Travil Added Mar 29, 2018 - 3:19am
Pardero I think it was Expat, but it may have been Degress. Actually I am pretty sure that it was the latter now that I think about it.
Stone-Eater Added Mar 29, 2018 - 7:39am
Pardero

Can be. Many of us a pro-Russia. Whereas we don't fall to slogans like "bad bad Communists" or such shit. We're close to that stuff, also geographically, and we see the pattern from Yeltsin to Porochenko, just as an example.

The government is pro-US (EU) mostly, but since we have a direct democracy, people decided to say NO to a membership in EU/NATO directly.

Because we're not blind to propaganda.
Stone-Eater Added Mar 29, 2018 - 7:48am
BTW: Many Russians live here, and many Swiss have Russian wives (they have beautiful women LOL). I personally know quite a few, and all of them say: Hey, we like Germans, Swiss or any other Europeans. We simply don't understand why you support the USA which has no other goal than to take "over the whole planet".
Stone-Eater Added Mar 29, 2018 - 7:54am
BTW2: Remember the Putin speech in UN in 2000 ? I mean people can say it was a fake and he wants to re-establish the USSR. If he would have had that plan, he'd done it by now. When one studies our European defense capabilities, he'd come to the same conclusion.

Except when people like Bolton or so are thinking of nukes - and even then: Those nukes would first of all destroy US, not the US. And from seeing the history of the last 40 years, the US has allies as long as they are useful to their goals, and if that expires, who gives a shit. We KNOW that.
Pardero Added Mar 29, 2018 - 10:08am
James Travil,
Sorry so belated. Thanks for info.
Pardero Added Mar 29, 2018 - 10:12am
Stone-Eater Friedli,
Sorry so late. I was sleeping.
You have this figured out well.
The shame is the the American people allow themselves to be persuaded into supporting the foreign policies.
You know those of us who have opened our eyes. It is hard for us not to be frustrated with what we see.
Stone-Eater Added Mar 29, 2018 - 11:08am
Pardero

The shame is the American people allow themselves to be persuaded into supporting the foreign policies.

No possibility to change that. The young are too young to remember history and take conclusions of it, and the older ones are often too drawered to even consider other POV's.
MEFOBILLS Added Mar 29, 2018 - 11:14am
A good way to think of it is like a complex organism.

An economy, government and its people, all operate with feedback loops and control systems.  If the feedback is improper, then expect bad outputs.

Russia got abused in the 90's through various privatization schemes, which knocked Russia to the ground.  The country almost disappeared.

Naomi Kline exposes how the West attacked Russia:

Then there was Chechnia war and outright stealing of national resources, especially by Yukos.

My point:  A new power vertical formed in Russia.  This power vertical saw Russian nation and her people as a resource to be built up - not extracted from.  Oligarchy and Privateers are usually "extractors" of wealth.  "Privatize the commons, and socialize any losses."  It is something like heads I win, tails you lose.

You can still have Federalism, meaning many small local pyramids, and also have a power vertical.  In other words, the Central State has duties such as military, foreign policy, and issuance of sovereign money (not private corporate bank money).  Local government has to be responsible to the people it is closest to.

Russia's "head" is no longer malfunctioning, while America's is.  Hidden parasites and oligarchs that are running things in America, and they are intent on extraction, not building.

In the 90's, Russia's "head" was malfunctioning and so was the country. Hence, top Leadership, even with a small power vertical is critical.  Did I say critical?   Also, a vast country cannot be run with a centralized power structure.

In U.S. everything has to run through Washington, which was against the wishes of the founders.

The power vertical in Russia consists of bicameral legislative body (central state) with lower Federal Structures.   The lower structures are called Oblasts, and are analogous to our states or counties.

These Oblasts are divided down to allow direct democracy to work. For example, Moscow is its own oblast. While a huge oblast encompasses Siberia and Steppes.

The problems with U.S. are that parasites have usurped civil authority, especially after 1912.  The county does not work for its people to improve their welfare, but instead is extractive for plutocracy.   This plutocracy is busy running around  looking to pump the earth, to then pay ever expanding debts.

Russia was supposed to fall apart, and all of her resources grabbed to then finance a new debt cycle for the West, especially for parasitical financial class.

In other words, finance is at the root of it all, and main reason I keep harping on money.
rycK the JFK Democrat Added Mar 29, 2018 - 11:15am
President Trump is draining the leftist swamp. His tweets are on target and most of those who earn his abuse earned it.
Bill H. Added Mar 29, 2018 - 11:42am
Trump pledged to “drain the swamp in Washington, D.C.” He then tweeted “I will Make Our Government Honest Again — believe me".
Seems to me that Trump is really just trying to create another reality television show and be his own casting agent.
Believe me!
rycK the JFK Democrat Added Mar 29, 2018 - 12:32pm
Bill

"Seems to me that as he tries to refill the swamp with "honest people", they either get indicted for a crime, get "fired", or quit."

DJT is a business person and DC is full of  slugs who are political operatives that have some core or direction embedded inside their guts that directs them to follow some theme. DJT has no use for such stooges.

DJT is draining the swamp by getting rid of both Dems and Repubs alike. He has more work to do. Ryan and Mitch have to go too. So does McCain. He has to dump most law firms as they are allied in some way in politics.

It is difficult to find  "honest people" in Washington. Most are lackeys.
Pardero Added Mar 29, 2018 - 2:04pm
MEFOBILLS,
Thank you for your wisdom. I hope your words are read by many.
Pardero Added Mar 29, 2018 - 2:06pm
rycK the JFK Democrat,
Thanks for your pertinent comments. I regret that I am in the oilfield at work and can't give you a proper response.
Pardero Added Mar 29, 2018 - 2:09pm
Bill H.
Believe me, I have some concerns, but Trump is shaking things up. Good may still come of it.
George N Romey Added Mar 29, 2018 - 2:12pm
It is the debt peonage model that began in the 80s that is killing western civilization. This method vastly enriches the few while enslaving the many.

But the model is not sustainable even if the money whores find ways to prop it up artificially. Ultimately a jubilee whether sanctioned or forced is coming and it will take down some of the financial elite (the  dumb ones). The collateral damage will be unthinkable, engulfing the masses. Many will endure untold poverty and many will die. And there’s no guarantee that what’s on the other side will be any better than what we now have.
Pardero Added Mar 29, 2018 - 2:34pm
George N Romey,
Interesting that you also believe that a debt jubilee is inevitable.
Stone-Eater Added Mar 29, 2018 - 4:56pm

Exactly. Hooray for someone who has understood.
Stone-Eater Added Mar 29, 2018 - 4:58pm
BTW: Putin realized that early enough and cut the town drunk Western slave Yeltsin short. That's why he's the bad guy in mass media ever since, from LA to Berlin to Paris.
Stone-Eater Added Mar 29, 2018 - 5:06pm
BTW2: And the West tried it a second time unsuccessfully by replacing Yanukovich by the mental case Porochenko, a brainless newly-rich Western oligarch dealing in chocolates. That's why Putin made the referendum in the East. He HAD to react to the plan of the West to integrate Ukraine into NATO via the EU. He's not stupid.

I have seen him in Zurich. At that press conference only Porochenko hailers were allowed to comment, others like us were cut of any comment. I was ashamed being Swiss and that our government gives such an asshole a podium.

Now Bolton and his criminal gang will try the same in Iran. Oust Khamenei and get a Goldman-Sachs guy in somewhere. Next is North Korea. Get Kim out and.....by then US forces will have a direct access to China and Russia via a newly united Korea.

One doesn't have much brain to figure that.
Stone-Eater Added Mar 29, 2018 - 5:07pm
doesn't NEED. Sorry.
George N Romey Added Mar 29, 2018 - 5:07pm
Pardero yes once people, companies and government can no longer support the debt peonage system there will be a jubilee in the form of massive defaults. Given the securitization process no one will know exactly who owns the debt.

It will make 1929 look like a picnic.
Stone-Eater Added Mar 29, 2018 - 5:14pm
George

That debt doesn't exist. It is purely digital and needed to keep the debt system running we have. Cut 8 zeroes behind the comma and you get the real value. Fuckbook lost 50 billions in a day due to bad press. Do you think these 50 billions exist in real value ? Nope. That's a big fucking fart which was blown out LOL
Stone-Eater Added Mar 29, 2018 - 5:17pm
BTW: INTEREST only is a fake, and interest on interest is even faker. Because it's value created out of nothing. In the end all that will crash like the Reichsmark in Germany end of the 20's.

But this is agenda. Because a loss of millions is still a gain of a few. Ask Rothschild. They have invented that and are in that "business" since about 1850...
George N Romey Added Mar 29, 2018 - 5:21pm
SEF most of the stocks and bonds out there aren’t worth much more than a roll of toilet paper at a dollar store. At least the toilet paper has a practical use.

The smart plutocrats know their paper is essential near worthless. They have their islands ready to go when it all falls apart. The dumb ones will be throwing themselves in front of paddy wagons being used to round up the rowdy starving masses.

Im sure I might be one of the masses that will die but I’ll die with my middle finger held up to this crooked system.
Stone-Eater Added Mar 29, 2018 - 6:16pm
George

That's why I'm in Africa. Simple as that. I prefer to die on a beach than in an apartment LOL
Pardero Added Mar 29, 2018 - 9:15pm
George,
Head for the Redoubt if we have a collapse.
Pardero Added Mar 29, 2018 - 9:21pm
I am pleased to see that some of us are on the same page.
Soylent Green will be here soon. Those plutocrats need to get their scoops ready.
Stephen Hunter Added Mar 30, 2018 - 10:03am
I totally agree Pardero! The populism is fueled by the fact that he is saying what they are thinking. That is the sad part. However we must acknowledge the fact that many more people than we ever imagined think this way.
Pardero Added Mar 30, 2018 - 10:12am
Stephen Hunter,
Agreed. Similar in many ways to Nixon's 'moral majority.'
Pardero Added Mar 30, 2018 - 10:14am
Excuse me, 'silent majority.'
George N Romey Added Mar 30, 2018 - 10:15am
The day of the talking points memo candidates are over. Clinton was something circa 1992, or a total phony.
Pardero Added Mar 30, 2018 - 10:41am
Hence Ronald Reagan's stature among former presidents.
rycK the JFK Democrat Added Mar 30, 2018 - 10:49am
"I am grateful for the rare true independent thinkers who are able to entertain an idea contrary to convention, without ascribing the worst and ugliest motives to the proponents. Group think and PC has gotten us to the present perilous predicament, it may take original thinking to escape."

That is why I am a JFK Dem.

A new thought: most politicos are parasites.
Pardero Added Mar 30, 2018 - 10:56am
Of course they are.
JFK Dems went for Reagan. JFK would be considered far right and unacceptable to the current Dem brand.
Dave Volek Added Mar 30, 2018 - 11:18am
Padero

I've been thinking how to respond to this article. Actually, I think there are some great speakers for the right wing who introduce positions that need to brought into general discussion. I went to Infowars a while back and found a couple of thoughtful fellows.

Mr. Trump is not thoughtful or consistent. He is not a good champion of battling PC.

Pardero Added Mar 30, 2018 - 12:30pm
Dave Volek,
I am not an Infowars fan but they do have some good thinkers. I consider Infowars a loose ally, of course. They tend towards conspiracy theories but studiously avoid conspiracy facts.
I agree with you to a degree, but few have anything close to Trump's bully pulpit. Sometimes, I wish it was someone more consistent and dedicated, but I must be satisfied with his efforts, even if partly accidental. He has damaged the monolithic main stream media and diminished celebrities. I could ask for much more but am trying to be satisfied with the progress.

MEFOBILLS Added Mar 30, 2018 - 1:24pm

Pardero,
Trump didn't ride to power on the back of a defined political movement.  It was a nebulous groundswell that hasn't really gelled yet.  All across the world, people are rejecting this idea of one world government control, one decracinated peoples, one homogeneous world-wide culture of fast food and dystopia.

Our tribal in-group friends are especially afraid of this phenomenon because their "international" money system is behind it all, and stand to lose centuries of usurious gains.

Trump has enemies inside of his cabinet.  I can say that Trumps instincts are mostly good, however his cabinet choices are bad.  It may be a keep your enemies close strategy.  Trump voters and nationalists are not easily available to be picked because there was no defined political movement.   A pick would have to be nobodies without much political history.   Also, the nomination process is in the hands of internationalists.  Witness the trouble getting a fence budgeted even in a gargantuan funding bill.   Plutocracy and Militarism was funded, but not the higher threats to consensual society.
Pardero Added Mar 30, 2018 - 1:44pm
MEFOBILLS,
Thank you for adding your considerable knowledge to my scant little article.
I  have the role of a harlequin or gadfly of sorts while you have the knowledge and facts to offer an alternative to the present situation.
Although I am unable to make the case that you could have, I felt compelled to write a simple little artice on 'racialism.' I hope you are not disappointed with my result.
MEFOBILLS Added Mar 30, 2018 - 2:53pm
Pardero,

My intent is to elevate.  To give you and everybody some perspective.   It is good that you brought up the subject so everybody can discuss and help each other out.
I've used the beer tavern analogy before.  It was where men came together to discuss things, even lose inhibition to talk freely.  It was also a place where politics was at the ground level.

Another thing we did in the past was have town criers.  There was also a speakers corner, where people could speak.

Think of yourself as occupying a speakers corner for a bit, and other people coming up to talk to you.  It is all good.

Using the tavern analogy, it would be some sort of two way, or multiple people speaking and coming to a consensus.

Mine is just one viewpoint among many.  The internet is one way of people getting together to discuss things, which we have lost in the last couple of hundreds of years.  In other words, we degraded and moved backwards, and now people can talk again.  Unfortunately, freedom of speech is being attacked by the usual suspects, who don't like what we are saying to each other.
Pardero Added Mar 30, 2018 - 3:51pm
MEFOBILLS,
I know you intent is to elevate.
Emotion and considerable baggage from the past will cause many to shut their eyes and cover their ears. I, too, wish the best for my fellows, even those that wish to shoe horn me into a category that I don't belong.

My ex-wife and I had a disagreement over the kids having so much clutter and disorganization. I realized that they needed shelves, bookcases, and toy chests. I asked her to have patience until I could obtain and install them. It was a great success.
It is a shame that as a society, we are unable to provide the tools that some might benefit from, because of emotional arguments.
rycK the JFK Democrat Added Mar 31, 2018 - 1:47pm
MEFOBILLS

"My intent is to elevate.  To give you and everybody some perspective."

There are many points of view and if we follow Emmanuel Kant we face the difficulty of many filters obscuring perhaps important information.

Perspective is  not  so different from raw propaganda.
Pardero Added Mar 31, 2018 - 5:31pm
rycK the JFK Democrat,
That is a wise observation. Maybe if we discuss ideas from all sides, it will allow us to examine all perspectives in our search for answers to thorny issues.
Neil Lock Added Apr 1, 2018 - 10:15am
rycK: most politicos are parasites. Parasites and psychopaths, both.
Neil Lock Added Apr 1, 2018 - 10:24am
MEFOBILLS: Yes, your beer tavern analogy is apt for the Internet. And even more so for this site. I commented here a few months ago (on a thread now, unfortunately, deleted) as follows:

But in this gloomy season,
There's food for man and mouse,
For intellect and reason,
At Autumn's Coffee House.
Pardero Added Apr 1, 2018 - 10:33am
Neil Lock,
That is a fine and clever poem!
I really enjoyed your associate's story concerning libertarianism.
It makes so much sense.
I really have to part ways with them on open borders. I hope we are able to discuss it some day. Perhaps libertarianism is only appropriate up to state borders.
Flying Junior Added Apr 2, 2018 - 5:18am
I always thought that Trump's greatest achievement was nailing Marla Maples when he was still married to Ivana and then subsequently marrying her.  Too bad he wasn't man enough to keep her.

Trump is no more clever than his mentor, Howard Stern.  They are both wankers.  Disgusting misogynists.  Whoremongers.  Personally I love and respect women.  They like me too.  People can feel it when you love them.

As far as Politically Correct?  Just ask me and I'll tell you what Southern Beale says.  She's even more correct than am I.

It is correct to respect the rights of women.

It is correct to tolerate and to not discriminate against people regardless of their race, religion or social status.

It is correct to oppose police brutality and murder.

It is correct to support humane prison conditions and a reasonable expectation of working efforts to rehabilitate offenders for their return to society rather than short-lived returns to their criminal pasts.

It is correct to root out corruption and make the perpetrators pay dearly.

It is correct not to bully or demean people.

It is correct to work towards better lives for all peoples of the world.

It is correct to oppose legislation and policy which hurts ordinary people yet enriches the masters.

It is correct to share resources with the poor.

It is correct to protect the non-violent victims of the U.S. Municipal courts.

It is correct to have mercy on those in prison.

It is correct to oppose for-profit prisons and for-profit immigrant detention centers.

It is correct to support the legal rights of immigrants in the face of the irrational reactionaries who would imprison and deport mothers, fathers and children, breaking the bonds of families.

It is correct to support education so that others may know the truth.

It is correct to oppose senseless war and genocide.

It is correct to feed, heal, house and care for the dispossessed.

Above all, it is correct to support a free press.

Did I miss anything?

What do all of you stupid Trumpies think about that?  Just what is PC?  And why is a bad word instead of just a really stupid idea?

I would submit that most of your lot are even more Politically Incorrect than that fathead, Bill Maher.
Flying Junior Added Apr 2, 2018 - 5:42am
Shorter Mark Henry Smith.

Fuck the niggers and fuck the Jews that control them.
Pardero Added Apr 2, 2018 - 10:51am
Flying Junior,
Thank you for that well stated and heartfelt manifesto.
I can find little in it to differ with.
It is possible that we may differ in approaches.

The only real difference we have is illegal immigration.
In the words of Nick Lowe, one must be "Cruel to be kind." We must reunite entire families back in Mexico.
Mexico needs the energy of those illegal immigrants back in there homeland, to work towards improving that nearly failed state.

Pardero Added Apr 2, 2018 - 11:00am
Flying Junior,
I know some who have a similar attitude to that of MHS. I do not approve of the ugly language or the sentiments.
I, too, get frustrated with the situation in the inner cities, and the race pimps and liberals that use it for their own gain.
The situation will not improve as long as white liberals are deciding what policies will help.
We need successful black fathers to tell us what steps need to be taken in the inner cities, not wealthy white liberal elites.
Flying Junior Added Apr 2, 2018 - 11:19pm
That's pretty amazing, Pard.

I'm not sure that we agree that liberal elites are a huge problem.  Maybe they are part of the problem.  But I'm not that concerned about those guys anyway.

Thanks for reading.  Sorry about the potty-mouth.  I'm like that Ricky guy on the old Trailer Park Boys out of Canada.  I was laughing like mad when he was in family court and he had to ask the judge if it would be okay if he was allowed to curse and use coarse language in her courtroom, because it was the only way that he could communicate effectively.  Usually when I am on-line I just type out my thought and simply leave off the bad words.  It has more power without the cursing.  It is a better way of communicating.  I kind of shot Marko with a sawed off shotgun.  I get that way.
Pardero Added Apr 2, 2018 - 11:52pm
Flying Junior,
I am pleased that we are communicating. I agree that cussing actually diminishes the power because of overuse. Sometimes, the uncommon expletive is the very best choice.

I am crazy about women, too. Now that I am a bachelor, I appreciate them far more than when I was with an alcoholic.
I am surrounded by lovely illustrations and porcelain figurines of pretty ladies from the 20s and 30s.
A few years back, I looked around and realized that my only art was a calendar. I had a 1920 trophy that my great uncle Herman had won, and wondered what pictures would go well with it. No Maxfield Parrish at the moment, but L. Goddard, Haskell Coffin, Penrhyn Stanlaws, Gene Pressler, Herman Rudisuhli, and R. Atkinson Fox grace my dingy old walls. And a picture of Lillian Gish. And an album full of 1919 and 1920 sheet music with pretty girl cover art. Those 2 years are unparalled for high quality lithograph covers and are a great example of the Golden Age of Illustration.
I don't really get Marko. A lot of anger. His prose is not really a good fit for me. Your musings have amazing merit when you are not pissed off. ; )
Pardero Added Apr 2, 2018 - 11:57pm
I really do need to take that concertina out of its case, sometime. I am unable to play music like you do. It seems so hard to find the time to start from scratch and start learning some scales when I can just turn some music on. It is not the same as making you own.
James Travil Added Apr 3, 2018 - 2:33am
I'm actually agreeing with Flying Junior's "it's correct" post. I'll add that I support the kind of feminism that Emma Watson represents where she says her version of feminism is women having equal human rights with men. None of that "third (or whatever) wave feminism" garbage, just equality. What's wrong with that? Ms. Watson is a real spitfire.

And I really love women also, always have. Had my first girlfriend in kindergarten - I thought the other boys were gay for hating girls! And now I share a life and two interconnected families with two wonderful women. Definitely got a lot of luck on my side.

I just saw last weekend a film called Professor Marston and the Wonder Women, about the man who created the Wonder Woman character and the two ladies (lovers) in his life who inspired him. Kinda reminds me of myself, the way that the three of them all loved each other as a family (a "triplit" is maybe the correct term, not a couple because there are three).

Oh and congrats Pardero on getting twelve thumbs up, that's pretty damn good for this place.
Pardero Added Apr 3, 2018 - 2:42am
James Travil,
I always enjoy hearing your thoughts.
Too bad I am losing some reliable 'likes,' I will never have it this good again! People here are kinda tight with likes. Alienate the right, they boycott. Alienate the left, they boycott. A guy has to try to get a few likes out of the middle or an article disappears fast.
The funny thing is, I just typed this one onto my phone while I was waiting to unload my truck. The ones I put any effort into, fall kinda flat.
Flying Junior Added Apr 3, 2018 - 2:56am
Interesting art collection.  Right now I know a young lady who makes me wish I had been a sculptor.  The last time I saw her she looked pretty enough to paint.
Pardero Added Apr 3, 2018 - 3:06am
I am partial to that type myself.
I finally got to the age where I don't scheme on getting my hands on them all the time. I am happy to enjoy their beauty and it is a bonus if I can exchange pleasantries with them or get a laugh.
If I really feel the need to study their beauty, I am usually able to engage them in a conversation. The more beautiful they are, it seems the sweeter they are, and more generous with their time.
There are a few beauties in late 30s, 40s, and the rare one in her 50s, but their dance cards are always more than full.

Pardero Added Apr 3, 2018 - 3:21am
Flying Junior,
If she is that beautiful, you need to take a picture of her. It won't capture her true essence, but it is better than nothing.
Pardero Added Apr 4, 2018 - 12:37pm
Eric Reports,
An email said you left a comment but I can't find it.
Please consider leaving another so I can respond.
Thank you for dropping by, Eric.