Satanism for Dummies

Satanism for Dummies
  • 1136
  • 117
  • 9

Satanism (Satan-ism) is an atheist religion created in 1966 by Anton Szander LaVey. It is distinguished from devil worship in that Satanists do not worship Satan or any make believe spiritual beings. We only worship ourselves, life, and perhaps certain individuals who are worthy. Satanists do not believe in God  the devil or a spiritual world. We believe that life begins and ends here in this world. There is no other. Satanists use the lunar or "inverted" pentagram and sometimes the goat as symbol(s) of the physical carnal world we inhabit, this is opposed to solar pentagram which represents the pretend "spiritual world" and or fantasyland. It is of special importance to note that the solar pentagram once was the symbol of Christianity which we Satanists strongly oppose because of the physical and psychological damage that religion has done to world. It is for this reason that we take on the mantle of the adversary of Christianity, Satan, who is our mascot. This does not mean that we worship Satan anymore than the Chicago Bulls worship a giant red bull.

Some facts:

Satanists are law abiding people who don't harm children or animals or even other adults (except in self defense if no other option is granted)

Satanists don't waste time on fools or ingrates, life is too short

Satanists use "dark" imagery not because it's "cool" or that we worship evil or death  but because such is the nature of the representation of the Prince of Darkness

Satanists, again for the record, do not worship death or evil, or Satan or any of the many pagan or Biblical "gods".

All Satanists are atheists but not all atheists are Satanists.

Satanists follow the 11 Rules of the Earth and 9 Satanic Statements. The essence of which has just been communicated to you  For more information on the particulars or on Satanism in general see the official Church of Satan website at www.churchofsatan.com or ask me about it in the comments section below.

Comments

James Travil Added Mar 27, 2018 - 7:21pm
I wrote this article for dummies like Expat. Now his ignorance has no more excuses.
Doug Plumb Added Mar 27, 2018 - 8:49pm
You missed the "is" James.
Mustafa Kemal Added Mar 27, 2018 - 9:14pm
James, please answer me this. If Satan is not part of  Satanism, why in the world would they call themselves that? To most of us Satanism has already something of a meaning and it appears different that of what you speak. I dont understand the need to poke this bear.
Mustafa
Michael B. Added Mar 27, 2018 - 9:29pm
James, I'm going to help you out a little bit here, lol. The Nine Satanic Statements, from my own WB post, without the other stuff, as I don't want to appear that I'm trying to hijack the post, lol:

#1: Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence.

#2: Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams.

#3: Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit.

#4: Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates.

#5: Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.

#6: Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires.

#7: Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all.

#8: Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification.

#9: Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years.

Funny, I've known a lot of Christians that evidently were closet Satanists, judging from their behavior, lol.
James Travil Added Mar 27, 2018 - 9:31pm
Mustafa it has been fifty years since Anton LaVey codified Satanism. That ship has sailed  it's well past time people wake up to what is and has been what for quite a while now. Did you know that Satanism, as per the Church of Satan, has been listed in the US Military chaplains handbook since the early 1970's? Did you know that the Church of Satan has been one of the few federally recognized religions since it's inception? We are over nine million members strong and not going anywhere, we have fought for and earned our name and the right to the definition of a Satanist and will not surrender it to the devil worshipers or theists  We choose the adversary of our most despised opponents as our mascot  makes perfect sense to us. To hell with the rest.
Pardero Added Mar 27, 2018 - 9:36pm
James Travil,
I am religion tolerant, as you know. I appreciate your ability to cut through the BS on many topics.
Doug Plumb Added Mar 27, 2018 - 9:39pm
James, your satanism is just the precursor to the kind you don't like. Materialist societies cannot and do not last for a reason.
James Travil Added Mar 27, 2018 - 9:53pm
Pardero I try to be tolerant with others of different religions myself. My tolerance ends where religion is used as an excuse for bigotry or intolerance

Doug we haven't had a society dedicated science and the material physical world yet. Even in the USSR and other communist societies (which I loath) were never truly devoid of various faiths and superstitious nonsense. I envision a future maybe like something from Star Trek where all religions are a thing of the past. Satanism is just the bridge to that world and can itself be discarded once the objective has been achieved. Until it is we won't know the durability of such a wonderful world
James Travil Added Mar 27, 2018 - 9:54pm
Michael thanks for the input, it's much appreciated as usual!
James Travil Added Mar 28, 2018 - 2:48am
Another excellent article worthy of a read on this topic here - Church of Satan - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Satan?wprov=sfla1
Highlights include the verification that the Church of Satan was the first organization in history to venerate Satan and thus is the one and only authority on what Satanism is (an atheistic philosophical religion). As High Priest Gilmore has stated, the belief in mystical beings is a sign of insanity.
EXPAT Added Mar 28, 2018 - 3:09am

Congratulations James Travil.
You have convinced me your are totally devoid of reality, and I can ignore you completely. You can play with these other dummies who accept your argument that your religion is not a religion, and that Satin is not part of your Satanism. DODODODODODODO
James Travil Added Mar 28, 2018 - 3:29am
I see you are back on your drugs Expat. It didn't take long now did it? Looks like you forgot to turn on the spellchecker also since you misspelled Satan as Satin. Maybe you should only post when you are sober, if you ever are! You do crack me up though being the burnt-out old assclown that you are, LMAO. Keep it up old man, you must enjoy making a fool of yourself, I know I enjoy watching you do it!
Stone-Eater Added Mar 28, 2018 - 4:39am
James

an atheist religion

Doesn't that bite itself ? I would better describe it as a thought pattern. Because as an atheist myself I wouldn't say atheism is a "religion", to me, religion requires a belief in a deity.
Stone-Eater Added Mar 28, 2018 - 4:42am
BTW: An atheist will never accept the belief in any -ism which is, to me, a delusion of reality. But it's an endless discussion, because there is bound to be someone asking "What's reality" ? ;-)
James Travil Added Mar 28, 2018 - 5:04am
Stone a religion is simply a system of belief, it does not mean belief in supernatural beings  Confusisism and Buddhism are other examples of religious beliefs without deities. Humans have been conditioned to be creatures of social religion. Satanism answers that call but without the lie of external mythical deities, and it provides a community for people who share a common sense belief in the need to eradicate god bullshit from the world. I rejected the idea of god(s) as a teen and officially joined the Church of Satan when I turned 20. I'm 50 now and will never regret becoming a Satanist. Christianity dies more with each passing day, I'm proud to be a part of that.
opher goodwin Added Mar 28, 2018 - 5:16am
James - a very clear and succinct explanation.
I think the confusion comes from the association with Satan and the way the church portrayed the old pagan religions as the work of Satan.
opher goodwin Added Mar 28, 2018 - 5:18am
Michael - thanks for your addition. I would only really take exception to vengeance. I don't like vengeance.
opher goodwin Added Mar 28, 2018 - 5:21am
For me as an atheist I feel that life should be a celebration. The universe is incredible, nature is amazing and life is wonderful - we should revel in it!
Flying Junior Added Mar 28, 2018 - 5:31am
If anybody invented Satanism in 1966, my money is on Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Brian Jones.
Stone-Eater Added Mar 28, 2018 - 5:42am
Oph

Very well said.
Kevin Marlin, LSSMBB Added Mar 28, 2018 - 8:11am
Interesting but the name Satanism defies anything that is said to counter the name. Denial means nothing when it is in the name.
opher goodwin Added Mar 28, 2018 - 8:31am
FJ - no Stone unturned!! I think Bill and Charley probably had a say in it.
opher goodwin Added Mar 28, 2018 - 8:31am
Cheers Stone.

Neil Lock Added Mar 28, 2018 - 9:25am
James: For what it's worth, here are "Neil's Three Precepts of Religion," which I've developed over the last 30 years or so.

(1) If you'll let me have my religion (or lack of it), I'll let you have yours.
(2) Each of us has a responsibility to make our own relationship to the source of our creativity.
(3) If two individuals have exactly the same religion, one of them is surplus to requirements. (A bit like Pauli's Exclusion Principle!)

So, as long as you Satanists keep to my number (1), I'll tolerate you. And if you also follow number (3), creating your own religion instead of taking on someone else's, so much the better.
Mustafa Kemal Added Mar 28, 2018 - 9:47am
James Travil, re; "Did you know?"
No, I did not. thank you for illuminating.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 28, 2018 - 11:40am
In order to clear things up for your faith, I highly recommend changing the name of the religion from 'Satanism' to 'Selfism'.  It almost sounds like Scientology though, the way you describe some of it.

How does a Satanist like yourself feel about Jesus Christ?  Are you offended by Christian or Judaic symbols?
Doug Plumb Added Mar 28, 2018 - 12:04pm
Star Trek, like Satanism have only one advantage: Any idiot can understand them. Christianity doesn't have this advantage.

re "In order to clear things up for your faith, I highly recommend changing the name of the religion from 'Satanism' to 'Selfism'."
  That would be a good idea.
re "Christianity dies more with each passing day, I'm proud to be a part of that. "
  You will be lined up waiting to be shot, then shot long before that happens.

re "The whole man-made business of creating religions is all about power and restrictions. It all does more harm than good. "

Really its all about providing reasonable precepts from which to write coherent legislation. That is why non Christian countries have never been able to compete with Christian countries in anything. Good laws make good societies. Non Christian societies would have nothing but mud huts and horses if it wasn't for the great Christian societies.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Mar 28, 2018 - 12:44pm
Some people mock that Satanists are just self-important atheists who plagiarized from Ayn Rand.
Julius Fann Jr. jufa Added Mar 28, 2018 - 1:29pm
We have no choice but to play off our understanding and beliefs of what we intellectually know and think humanly.  With hope we suffer and struggle through or everyday inaptness, seeking to find that which will render some cohesion as to why we must play in this game of misery sometimes, and joy another time.  All who have entered the game of flesh play the same game "Mack the Knight" inevitably plays. It is an outward game being played by us.  We are attempting to convince ourselves we are right in our own acceptance or rejection of the evangelical hell-fire and brimstone preacher, or Om's of the Zen Buddhist, and in-depth thinking of philosophers, and promised lies of the politicians standing atop their meaningless formless clouds of deceit.  "Mack the Knight", as everyone else is right fighting to secure their occupied space and purge it from precepts of the preachers, monks, human wise philosophers, and the leaders of this world, and all elements of our living in this dimension, which scars our souls when we accept the influence of the god of this world.

In our playing this game of life, we discover nothing but questions.  No one in this world of time, space, distance and, three dimensional matter can tell any other person the original name of the game being played out, for no one is playing the same game in definition of thoughts.  We learn and retain in upon the walls of our conscious only what is relative to us.  When we lived in the invisible we knew our intent and purpose for entering the flesh which is evident by now living within the flesh.  But when we, in our pride, set out to change the world to fit the definition of ourselves from information and knowledge garnered from others who came before us, and even our contemporaries, it is realized the only world which needed changing was ours, for of all our receiving, accepting, and putting into play our zero position in mortal world of we functioned within by our personal understanding of languages multiple meaning, what then is the language of understanding when we have not reached into the invisible Mind of minds and became Its history, walk, and comprehensive vision beyond the two world personalities of the human mind set we operate from?  Is anything relative to us when relativity is only objectified in the singularity of the man, not the plurality of the mass?  Can any claim of religion, philosophy, theology or psychology attribute to us individually, or by group indulgence, or organizational doctrines anything others than 'hear-say lies'?  Words are not definitive.

God knows nothing about fear and suffering.  What we believe God is, and how God is supposed to act according to our interpretations, is just as erroneous as what we think God is. God does not represent anything other than Itself, as we do not represent anything other than ourselves. God does not represent anything other than life, which is the ever renewing, ever unfolding expression of infinite life.  No one knows or can grasp  what infinite life is from their dual mind set.  No one can say definitively God is love, purity, selflessness when God is unknowable.  Beliefs from an incomprehensible mind cognizant only to matter has no meaning concerning God or Satan.  Man has to figure out how to go through the mind of matter to get beyond the mind of matter should it be his sincere purpose of intent to seek what is within the core of his thinking.

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
Benjamin Goldstein Added Mar 28, 2018 - 1:35pm
Julius Fann and Mark Henry Smith should write a book together.
Doug Plumb Added Mar 28, 2018 - 2:27pm
If I had a book by Anton Lavey, Its rightful place would be on the floor beside my toilet, not on my bookshelf.

re"Can any claim of religion, philosophy, theology or psychology attribute to us individually, or by group indulgence, or organizational doctrines anything others than 'hear-say lies'?  Words are not definitive."
What a pile of new age tripe.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Mar 28, 2018 - 2:39pm
I think LaVey was also a pedo. His daughter lives in Germany now.
James Travil Added Mar 28, 2018 - 3:21pm
Mr. Goldstein, that is just a baseless smear ,unless you have some proof to support it.

Tom my feelings regarding Jesus is that he was a mythical character, like Hurcules. Neither existed (www.nobeliefs.com). And Christian symbols mean no more to me as a Satanist than I would think Islamic symbols mean to a Christian.

Good comments Opher, and Neil you have a deal on those three rules.

Thanks to all who have contributed, regardless if I agree or not. Doug you always make me laugh. Cheers!
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 28, 2018 - 5:26pm
Well again, I think you should call the religion 'Selfism'.  It seems stupid to call myself a vegetarian when there are carrots, green beans, and a steak on my plate, doesn't it?  So why call your religion 'Satanism' if you're an Atheist?
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 28, 2018 - 5:26pm
...or Selfist as the case may be.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Mar 28, 2018 - 5:32pm
So why call your religion 'Satanism' if you're an Atheist?
Self-importance
James Travil Added Mar 28, 2018 - 6:08pm
"So why call your religion 'Satanism' if you're an Atheist?
Self-importance"
Wrong, the exact opposite is true. If we elevated the self by calling ourselves Selfists it would (clearly) be about negative ego and self-importance. Instead we call ourselves Satanists because Christianity is our adversary, that by their own mistakes. In any case we're not going to change our name 50 years into the game.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 28, 2018 - 6:13pm
Well Satanist, meet a descendant of Crusaders and quite likely, the Knight's Templar as well.  Y'all have chosen formidable adversaries.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Mar 28, 2018 - 6:15pm
James, were do you live? California, Canada...?
Benjamin Goldstein Added Mar 28, 2018 - 6:17pm
...Oklahoma....
James Travil Added Mar 28, 2018 - 6:55pm
I'll add that I think Satanism is best understood by people like myself who grew up in the hypocrisy of the Christian culture and never believed in their god. Saw the Christian Bible and god as agents of human opposition and oppression. Since Satan is supposedly the opposite of their god it makes perfect sense to us for Satan to be our mascot. Our champion of truth against false gods and human repression. If it offends Christians, so much the better.
James Travil Added Mar 28, 2018 - 6:56pm
Benjamin I live in the state of Washington, around the Seattle area. Why?
James Travil Added Mar 28, 2018 - 6:58pm
And Tom the Crusaders are long gone, and the Knights Templer relegated to a minor branch of the York Rite Freemasons. Not exactly scary stuff.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Mar 28, 2018 - 6:59pm
I was just curious.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 28, 2018 - 8:20pm
The remnants and spirit thereof alone surpass a handful of athiests that don't know one ism from another.  - Satanists don't worship Satan.  Ok!
James Travil Added Mar 28, 2018 - 8:35pm
Tom, as a great man once said, the belief in mystical beings is a sign of insanity. So of course we do not worship things from fantasyland. If you do and yet cannot prove the existence of anything supernatural (anything at all even), well that's simply crazy.

And I'll personally go against all the make believe spirits, spooks, and haunts you can dig up, lol!
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 28, 2018 - 8:44pm
Well, Jesus isn't mythical.  He was real, from Nazareth, so you'll have trouble spinning that.  As far as supernatural - what are you talking about?  Jesus wasn't a sorcerer and no one alleges he had a magic wand from Hogwarts.  He was the son of God in the flesh of man, and there are endless ways to interpret that.

Blasphemer.
James Travil Added Mar 28, 2018 - 9:10pm
Tom there is absolutely no evidence that Jesus ever existed! You say I'm a blasphemer for denying Jesus? I say you are a blasphemer for denying the son of god (Zeus) Hurcules! Now what? And again  try reading www.nobeliefs.com you might learn something.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 28, 2018 - 9:14pm
You're a nut, James!  I can see this going around in circles.  No thanks, and good luck. :)
Flying Junior Added Mar 28, 2018 - 9:15pm
I felt closest to Satan when I was addicted to mfnpo espq dsbol.

That's when one of my friends explained it to me.  Satan is beautiful.  Lucipher means light, does it not?  One of my other friends tried to explain to me something about Satanists cheering at all of the wrong places in the Bible which only sounded like a joke to me.  I think the first guy had it right.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 28, 2018 - 9:16pm
Nuts!
Flying Junior Added Mar 28, 2018 - 9:18pm
Tom,

I am sure that you fit the definition of a blasphemer.  Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the only mortal sin.  You probably do it everyday.

James has not blasphemed in any sense of the word.  You don't even know what blasphemy is.
James Travil Added Mar 28, 2018 - 9:18pm
I guess there were too many big words on the website for Tom. Oh well, I tried.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 28, 2018 - 9:29pm
Yeah, 'Satanism for Dummies' didn't work for me.  I guess I'm not a dummy.  I'm not gullible enough to follow your links. :)
James Travil Added Mar 28, 2018 - 9:50pm
I guess that's the classic difference between the Christian and the Satanist. The Christian fears knowledge that may disrupt their fragile belief system. Whereas the Satanist hungers for knowledge and is fearless about the truth.
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 28, 2018 - 9:59pm
That's where you're wrong.  Faith is not the same as naivety.  It is in the pursuit of knowledge and truth that the Christian "finds Jesus", or affirms his/her faith and the merits of Christianity.  That's how it has worked for me.
Doug Plumb Added Mar 28, 2018 - 10:50pm
re " If it offends Christians, so much the better.   "

The only thing offensive to us is your stupidity. Your understanding of religion is about the same as that of a six year old, that goes for both you and FJ. Neither one of you can demonstrate any kind of understanding of anything, your opinions come from TV, and you jump on here in your narcissistic fantasy and expect everyone to bow to your simplistic interpretation of things because you are so much smarter than everyone else.

re "That's when one of my friends explained it to me."
I guess it must be right if one of your friends said so..

re "Whereas the Satanist hungers for knowledge and is fearless about the truth."
Everything you know about Christianity can be written on an 8.5X11 piece of construction paper in crayon.
Doug Plumb Added Mar 28, 2018 - 10:51pm
re "Benjamin I live in the state of Washington, around the Seattle area. Why? "

lol.
James Travil Added Mar 28, 2018 - 11:40pm
Doug I'm pretty sure that Flying Junior knows more about Christianity than you, and I'm absolutely sure that I do. I went to and graduated from a Baptist  Christian junior high and high school. I read the entire Bible cover to cover and was tested on my knowledge. We studied all the major branches of Christianity and all of the Biblical myths from Creationism to the Flood. Whereas you know little next to nothing about the religions of the world beyond your own. Hell even including your own! Like I said before you crack me up, lol!

And Tom I stand by what I said. The proof of it is that there isn't a book or link you could refer me to that I would be afraid of. But you Christians can't handle the truth. Your faith is weak and you will always be weaker then us. Plus it bothers you to no end that I refuse to accept the myths of your bronze age beliefs  Whereas I could not give a rat's ass that you don't accept mine. Again, this is where we Satanists are stronger. Instead you are intolerant to anyone different from you. If you want to know why Satanism exists take a long look into that special window found above your bathroom sink.
Stone-Eater Added Mar 29, 2018 - 2:05am
Jesus was a guy who founded a sect which became over time a religion. Period..

The Satan against God discussion reminds me of people trying to define which color transparent is....
Stone-Eater Added Mar 29, 2018 - 2:10am
BTW: I never read the bible or the quran or the torah or any of these old novels. I'm more into Stephen King for that.....and for using common sense and logic (of course biased LOL)
James Travil Added Mar 29, 2018 - 2:12am
Actually Stone Jesus is just a myth. There is zero evidence of his existence. Learn the truth www.nobeliefs.com
Stone-Eater Added Mar 29, 2018 - 2:13am
Julius

Thanks. You comment deserves attention.
James Travil Added Mar 29, 2018 - 2:21am
Flying Junior, you are correct about Lucifer, the name means "Light Bearer (or) Bringer". So much for darkness.

Stone-Eater Added Mar 29, 2018 - 8:47am
James

Jesus is just a myth.

Can be, but as far as I know he was a carpenter somewhere in the Middle East. And it's not unusual for people to found a sect, see Mormons or Scientology for that. Some good rhetoric and PR, and you can start.

All that god crap and the old Christian testament is hilarious. Easy to sell to illiterates, but when open-minded, educated people believe such stuff, I just sigh.

Some of the stuff might be useful to educate people so they don't bash each other's heads on any small occasion, but that's about it.
Stone-Eater Added Mar 29, 2018 - 8:58am
BTW

Citation from nobeliefs.com:

However, as children grow up, they no longer need to listen to their parents because their brains have now fully developed and they can think for themselves. Unfortunately, evolution has no way to clean up these evolutionary belief traits while in adulthood so the beliefs they inherited from their parents remain.

This is only partially true. If it were, there wouldn't be atheists or converts on this earth. I don't know really if my parents believed or not, it was never a subject of discussion. But they never said there is no god. As I can remember it was always a "maybe". Maybe that's the reason I was able to choose myself what to believe and what not.

And I left it open for my kids. I simply told them: Listen, on paper you have no religion because I as father am atheist and not registered in any church. You choose what you want, believe what seems logical for you, but don't let others think for you.
James Travil Added Mar 29, 2018 - 5:00pm
I agree with that last paragraph about kids Stone. It's pretty much the same stance I've taken with my kids. Of my seven children three are grown up. Two sons one is an agnostic, the other a pagan. And my adult daughter chooses to become a Satanist like me. But it was her own adult choice. I just want my kids happy and healthy and well adjusted members of society.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Mar 29, 2018 - 5:14pm
Doug, do you know Blonde in the Belly of the Beast. She currently lives in Seattle (seemingly off-topic). I didn't know her name when I wrote this. It's Rebecca Hargreave.

Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 29, 2018 - 5:19pm
'Satanism is for Dummies' - there, that makes more sense.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Mar 29, 2018 - 5:33pm
Progressives - back to paganism. LOL
Tom C. Purcell Added Mar 29, 2018 - 5:38pm
Someday those Satan worshippers are gonna have to wear red pentagram armbands!  ;)
Benjamin Goldstein Added Mar 29, 2018 - 5:45pm
They don't worship Satan, Tom. They worship selfism. *g*

James, glad you're here. Please take no offence. I just cannot help but mock your religion, and that of your kids. Take it on your chin. I'm a compulsive ridiculer.
James Travil Added Mar 29, 2018 - 6:22pm
Tom we'll leave the armbands to you guys :)
Pardero Added Mar 30, 2018 - 1:30am
James Travil,
I am able to compartmentalize and not let your 'religion' interfere in our other common interests. Besides, I used to know this cool Wiccan lady and your thing is not all that different.

Before I get to sleep, I wanted to share that I talked to a trucker today from S.D. who calls himself Dr. Nicetalker. Claims 180,000 Facebook followers and a video with over a million views. Conservative guy, don't know if he's a neo-con. Neo-cons are thick these days. I don't do Facebook. Maybe I will look on You Tube.
James Travil Added Mar 30, 2018 - 2:29am
Yes Pardero I don't do Facebook either, never have. Too much a popular people's club. That's probably another reason why I chose my path as a Satanist, I like to go against the popular conventional lifestyles and take the road less traveled.

I'm sure you will find out what you need to from that YouTube account. I do YouTube, there is a lot of knowledge on there, plus I find the "the end of the world is coming" stuff to be hilarious.
TexasLynn Added Mar 30, 2018 - 9:56am
Well, reading through the post (and the comments) ... it just reinforces my original perception of the movement.  And I don't mean this as a slight; but just an observation.  "Satanism" is a movement of atheist who want to parade an in-your-face disdain for Christianity.  I don't see much more than that.  Everything else just seems to be window dressing to achieve that goal.

I agree with Tom that "self" is endemic to the non-religion, but I think that is more a secular thing that the Satanist inherit.

I'm OK with the name.  Even from a Christian perspective it is apt.  Satan (if we are right) does not need/want you to worship him... only that you not worship God.

Thanks for the post.
James Travil Added Mar 30, 2018 - 8:09pm
I think you actually get it Lynn! How refreshing. Thanks for your comment, and for remaining civil, unlike some.
A. Jones Added Mar 31, 2018 - 2:58am

We all know that Satan — whether myth, symbol, or reality — is and was a notorious liar. He's the great "Misleader."

What makes you think your self is worthy of worship by you, let alone anyone else? I'd say there's a 99.99% chance you're wrong and that you're merely flattering your own fragile ego.

Ego flattery and narcissism are pretty much what "Satanism" is all about. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
A. Jones Added Mar 31, 2018 - 3:04am
Tom there is absolutely no evidence that Jesus ever existed!

Actually, there's quite a lot of evidence. You just haven't done your historical homework.
James Travil Added Mar 31, 2018 - 3:32am
Mr. Jones it is YOU who has not done your historical homework! www.nobeliefs.com try and debunk that, because it completely discredits the Jesus myth. Go ahead and try to prove me wrong.

And while you are at it please provide us all with the proof of your make believe "god". I won't hold my breath waiting for either. You are the liar here, maybe you should go back to infowars.
A. Jones Added Mar 31, 2018 - 3:13pm
Thanks, O Great Shit-for-Brains. But my time is valuable and I can't waste it by vetting some arbitrarily chosen site whose contents merely confirm your pre-existing biases. There's a large, scholarly literature providing lots of compelling historical evidence attesting to the existence of a person named "Jesus." Whether or not one wishes to accept his supernatural/divine nature in addition to his ordinary, human existence, is a completely different question — and not, necessarily, a historical one.

You're so smugly stupid (a predictable effect of Satanism, by the way) that you don't even know what the relevant questions are in this issue, let alone the pertinent answers.

Crawl back under the rock whence you came, silly boy.
James Travil Added Mar 31, 2018 - 4:30pm
Well Alex Jones just as I suspected, you provided zero evidence of the existence of Jesus Christ, zero evidence for the existence of your pathetic false "god" and exactly ZERO proof of anything whatsoever to debunk the mountain of evidence at www.nobeliefs.com that proves Jesus did not exist. All you have provided is useless Ad Hominem garbage which instantly disqualified your claims. Good riddance sir! Typical jebus crust fantasyland delusional nutjob.
A. Jones Added Apr 1, 2018 - 8:40am

"The rule against hearsay is deceptively simple and full of exceptions. Hearsay is an out of court statement, made in court, to prove the truth of the matter asserted. In other words, hearsay is evidence of a statement that was made other than by a witness while testifying at the hearing in question and that is offered to prove the truth of the matter stated. For example, Witness A in a murder trial claimed on the stand: "Witness B (the "declarant") told me that the defendant killed the victim." The definition of hearsay is not too difficult to understand. But the matter can become very confusing when one considers all of the many exceptions to the general rule against hearsay.

Even if a statement meets the requirements for hearsay, the statement may yet be admissible under one of the exceptions to the hearsay rule. The Federal Rules of Evidence (FRE) contains nearly thirty of these exceptions. Most of them are generally available, although a few of them are limited to times when the declarant is unavailable.

There are twenty-four exceptions in the federal rules that do not require proof that the person who made the statement is unavailable. These are:
1 Business records, including those of a public agency
2 Certain public records and reports
3 Evidence of a judgment of conviction for certain purposes
4 Evidence of the absence of a business record or entry
5 Excited utterances or spontaneous statements
6 Family records concerning family history
7 Judgments of a court concerning personal history, family history, general history, or boundaries, where those matters were essential to the judgment
8 Learned treatises used to question an expert witness
9 Market reports, commercial publications, and the like
10 Marriage, baptismal, and similar certificates
11 Past recollections recorded
12 Recorded documents purporting to affect interests in land
13 Records of religious organizations concerning personal or family history
14 Records of vital statistics
15 Reputation concerning boundaries or general history
16 Reputation concerning family history
17 Reputation of a person's character
18 Statements about the declarant's present sense impressions
19 Statements about the declarant's then existing mental, emotional, or physical condition
20 Statements in authentic ancient documents (at least 20 years old)
21 Statements in other documents purporting to affect interests in land and relevant to the purpose of the document
22 Statements made by the declarant for the purpose of medical diagnosis or treatment
23 Statements of the absence of a public record or entry
24 The "catchall" rule
The last exception, the so-called "catchall" rule, bears some explanation. This rule does not require that the declarant be unavailable to testify. It does say that evidence of a hearsay statement not included in one of the other exceptions may nevertheless be admitted if it meets these following conditions:
• It has sound guarantees of trustworthiness
• It is offered to help prove a material fact
• It is more probative than other equivalent and reasonably obtainable evidence
• Its admission would forward the cause of justice

* * *

#11 and #20 show that from a legal standpoint, statements by historical figures (Paul, Mark, Matthew, Luke, John, “Q”), regarding Jesus are not subsumed under the hearsay rule even though they were 1) not eyewitnesses to Jesus’ existence, and 2) made after the death of Jesus. In short, they are not “hearsay” in the legal meaning of the term.

Arguments for the historical reality of something — a person or an event — are based on the “weight of the evidence” (which includes all kinds of evidence from all kinds of sources) and not exclusively on statements by eye-witnesses.

Weirdly, Jim Walker criticizes scholars for accepting the statements of Jewish scholar “Josephus” as evidence without considering the historical reality of a Jewish scholar named Josephus is also based on non-eyewitness statements made after his putative life and death. His “Antiquities” and “The Jewish Wars” might very well have been written by others who published under Josephus’s name (“Pseudographia”); a common practice in antiquity.

A. Jones Added Apr 1, 2018 - 8:41am
Yet I see nothing about by Jim Walker “debunking” the historical reality of Josephus. He claims his statements regarding Jesus are “hearsay” but never doubts that Josephus actually existed.

This 2-1/2 hour debate buries the pseudo-scholarship of Jim Walker on his “NoBelief.com” site, as well as debunking those who parrot him. The principal advocate in this video for the historicity of Jesus of Nazareth is Bart Ehrman, a well known scholar at the University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill). His opening parry begins around 7:20 in the video.

For your information, Ehrman himself is an atheist. He doesn’t accept the divinity of Jesus; he simply accepts his historical existence.

Finally:

I'm not a follower of Alex Jones, but most people would agree that he's probably more reliable (as well as more entertaining) than, say, Bozo the Clown, who appears to have been your mentor.

Oops. Did I say "Bozo the Clown?" Slip of the tongue. I meant "Satan."
James Travil Added Apr 1, 2018 - 3:07pm
A whole lot of excuses that still amount to no real evidence. I'll say it one last time, if you have any REAL evidence present it, otherwise you are just going around in circles and wasting everyone's time. Talk about obsessed with bullshit.
Tom C. Purcell Added Apr 1, 2018 - 3:17pm
I think James is biblically and historically dyslexic, or whatever the word is...

He's a Satanist, but doesn't worship Satan.  He's not a Selfist, yet worships thyself, or something like that.  He claims that Jesus Christ did not exist, when all scientific indicators prove that he did.

Something tells me that James has some kind of skewed impression of Christianity, as if it is a cultish, self-flagellating extreme from Dan Brown's Priory of Scion.  It's as though James truly fears Jesus Christ.  Some things are fascinating but this is something else, and I hope it's just temporary confusion for James' sake.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Apr 1, 2018 - 3:22pm
There is NO EVIDENCE that Dan Brown exists.
James Travil Added Apr 1, 2018 - 3:43pm
"He claims that Jesus Christ did not exist, when all scientific indicators prove that he did."

LMFAO, right! OK I'll bite  please do share all, or at least some of these "scientific indicators" Tom! Should be hilarious coming from a science denier like you! Scientific indicators, lol! And here I thought that Doug was the comic!
Tom C. Purcell Added Apr 1, 2018 - 3:58pm
"There is NO EVIDENCE that Dan Brown exists."

LOL!!  Right!
A. Jones Added Apr 1, 2018 - 5:59pm
that still amount to no real evidence.

"Real evidence" for a history scholar is different from "real evidence" for a legal scholar. That's the main reason contents of history books are not determined by trials in law courts.

Even Bozo-the-Clown worshipers like you can't legitimately hold double standards of evidence when it suits them. The "real evidence" of Josephus's historical existence is even scantier and less compelling than the "real evidence" for Jesus' historical existence. Yet you doubt the latter's existence while taking for granted the existence of the former.

Clearly, that doesn't make sense.
A. Jones Added Apr 1, 2018 - 6:02pm
There is NO EVIDENCE that Dan Brown exists.

"Dan Brown" is a myth perpetrated by a vast, conspiratorial, high-cabal of Jewish book publishers. Has to be.

It's the only explanation that makes sense. </snark>
James Travil Added Apr 1, 2018 - 6:04pm
Right, whatever you say Alex Jones (*sarcasm*)
Benjamin Goldstein Added Apr 1, 2018 - 6:09pm
Dan Brown is the biggest lie ever told.
A. Jones Added Apr 1, 2018 - 6:47pm
Right, whatever you say Alex Jones (*sarcasm*)

It's the least I could do, O Mighty Bozo Worshiper. Enjoy!
James Travil Added Apr 1, 2018 - 7:41pm
It doesn't surprise me that Mr. Jones completely missed the point of the article.
A. Jones Added Apr 1, 2018 - 7:52pm
Walker's article at "NoBelief.com" to which you linked? I got the point. Walker's simply wrong. The legal category of "hearsay" doesn't apply to the evidence regarding the historicity of Jesus.

You were the Bozo-worshiper who didn't get the point.

But I'm sure you discovered that after carefully watching the video I linked to on YouTube. Watch it a second time if you didn't grasp Ehrman's arguments the first time.
James Travil Added Apr 1, 2018 - 8:04pm
Nope, I see it went completely over your head. Satanism is not about worship of external entities, bozo or otherwise. Back to infowars Alex Jones.
A. Jones Added Apr 1, 2018 - 8:47pm
Nope, I see it went completely over your head.

Nope. My recent posts were all in response to your ignorant statement regarding the apparent lack of evidence for the existence of a historical Jesus. Reread this thread. You'll see I'm right.
James Travil Added Apr 1, 2018 - 9:11pm
Nope, this article is about Satanism  your side tangent never was the subject. And you are never right.
A. Jones Added Apr 2, 2018 - 12:12am
Nope. My recent posts were in response to a specific statement you made above in the comment thread regarding the putative lack of any evidence for the historical Jesus.

You were wrong about that, just as your fellow Bozo-acolyte, Jim Walker, was wrong on his NoBeliefs.com site.
James Travil Added Apr 2, 2018 - 12:54am
Nope you are still wrong. And I'm tired of your nonsense. I'm pretty sure everyone is. Take it somewhere else where someone cares.
A. Jones Added Apr 2, 2018 - 7:04pm
Nope you are still wrong.

Nope. I am right and you are wrong.
James Travil Added Apr 2, 2018 - 7:37pm
Look Mr. Jones this article thread is about Satanism. Yes you tried to hijack it with your hearsay evidence arguments about the myth of Jesus but it convinced absolutely no one who wasn't already convinced anyhow. So you succeeded in accomplishing nothing. And now you are just trolling. If you have actual evidence present it, otherwise go away or I'll be forced to take punitive measures.
A. Jones Added Apr 2, 2018 - 9:22pm
Look Mr. Jones this article thread is about Satanism.

Then explain this previous statement of yours:

"Tom there is absolutely no evidence that Jesus ever existed! You say I'm a blasphemer for denying Jesus?"

Not exactly an impressive example of remaining relevant to the topic of Satanism.
James Travil Added Apr 2, 2018 - 10:38pm
OK I'll explain and try not to use any big words. A question asked then answered. That is all. Sure it was off topic, but it did not
James Travil Added Apr 2, 2018 - 10:41pm
(continued)
...did not need to continue once everyone had their say, which they did. So once again if you have anything new to add on the actual topic or the sidetrack even, go for it. But quit trolling.
Tom C. Purcell Added Apr 5, 2018 - 1:28pm
Damn, Satanists are sensitive...and confusing.

Christian:  "Oh, so you do worship Satan?"
Satanist:  "No, I worship nothing and no one."
Christian:  "Oh, that's atheism or nihilism."
Satanist:  "No, Satanists worship the self."
Christian:  "So you're a Selfist then, basically, right?"
Satanist:   "No, we hate Christians.  Jesus is a myth"
Christian:  "No, Jesus Christ is real and that's the scientific and theologic consensus."
Satanist:  "This is about Satanism, quit trolling!"
Benjamin Goldstein Added Apr 5, 2018 - 1:35pm
Jesus is the biggest lie ever told. Look there is a Jesus industry. Christians play the victims since the very beginning. If everybody was persecuting Christians, there must be something wrong with them....

I find Jesus- and Holocaust denial equally dull. Gosh, check your thinking for plausibility. There has never been a movement without a leader and Christianity isn't an exception. And Tom, if everybody knows a Holocause survivor as you admitted yourself, it is a bit implausible that they are all Oscar material.
Tom C. Purcell Added Apr 5, 2018 - 1:47pm
So many damned Khazars came out of Auschwitz with dollar signs in their eyes, it must have been a breeding mill for Zionists.  And by using the 'H' word(s), until recent years has put an end to any conversation.  If you tried inquiring to the plausibility of story of an alleged Auschwitz survivor in 1985, you'd be a social pariah overnight.  But now with each passing day, Mr. Holocaust himself, Elie Weisel is further discredited along with many other so-called Jews.  The reality is, there were no gas chambers and no 'execution camps'.  There were labor camps and by war's end, typhus, dysentery, famine and horrors of war itself came to visit everyone, including the inmates in concentration camps.
James Travil Added Apr 5, 2018 - 2:07pm
Hey Tom, I'm still waiting for the "scientific basis" that proves Jesus existed. Do you know what science means? I'm thinking not so much.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Apr 5, 2018 - 2:10pm
This is really for dummies. I'm off.
James Travil Added Apr 5, 2018 - 2:10pm
Benjamin Christianity had a founder (leader). You may have heard about him. His name was Paul. He wrote books and founded the church. Make believe Jesus did none of those things (or anything else for that matter). Maybe you should call it Paulism.
Tom C. Purcell Added Apr 5, 2018 - 2:13pm
There are many sciences and the word can be applied to many disciplines, including the study of Jesus' existence and most importantly, the study of his message to humanity.  You sound ridiculous when you say, "Jesus didn't exist" because, even anti-Christians and Jews concede testimony that he lived.  Jews think he was a false Messiah...and they kinda have to stick to that on account they crucified him.
James Travil Added Apr 5, 2018 - 2:25pm
Sorry I'm not buying the heresay "evidence" Tom and there is no real evidence. And for the record all Sciences require empirical evidence. What you are pushing is the exact opposite of what science means.
Tom C. Purcell Added Apr 5, 2018 - 2:33pm
There is a big difference between 'science of' and 'incontrovertible proof'.  Learn the difference.  In fact, learn the meaning of words and the English language.  You're all over the place.  Satanism = not worshipping Satan...
James Travil Added Apr 5, 2018 - 2:41pm
No, you are just trying to redefine what science means. I'm not buying that either.
James Travil Added Apr 5, 2018 - 5:16pm
"This is really for dummies."
I told ya, didn't I tell ya?

Recent Articles by Writers James Travil follows.