Sexually enlightening schools are doing more harm than good

Our public schools have been teaching young children about their sexual identity options for a few years now and it's time for us to evaluate how well that's working.  On the positive side, tolerance for LGBTQIA students is at an all time high, and so is the portion of entertainment which seems to think it's essential to include someone from that group in order to be PC.  On the negative side they have convinced thousands of children they were not straight, and many experienced trauma and some even committed suicide over issues they would not have otherwise even been involved with if they had not been given sexual orientation instruction before they were mature enough to handle it.

Our public schools are admirably promoting these programs to minimize bullying, oh but for many, especially some staff who are LGBTQIA, this has become more than a mission of social acceptance.  Many take pride in helping children who are far too young to know what their sexual feelings will be when they mature, explore their "LGBTQIA" alternatives as though they can chose their orientation. They are authority figures in our schools and often wrongly convince many young children they are not straight.

To me that is outrageous, many LGBTQIA do claim they knew they were not straight at a very early age, but many don't.  Now that we've had time for many of these kids to mature it's become obvious lots of straight kids have been misled, and sometimes the consequences are devastating to them and the people who care about them.

I don't know one Gay person who thinks we can make them Straight or a Straight person who thinks we could make them Gay by educating or enlightening them.  They are what they are and if left alone all our kids will figure it out for themselves. They don't need early intervention which as often as not often wrongly convinces children they are not Straight.

Bullying should never be tolerated but it's time to stop sexually enlightening our children by giving them choices that they aren't mature enough to comprehend or act on.

And about our current PC entertainment fad, that's not healthy either.  Its one thing to have occasional LGBTQIA characters, but in the process they are often portrayed as clowns and freaks.  I'm sorry to say that is not dong the LGBTQIA community any good, it's an insult.  I think we might have been better off when their characters sexual orientation was just a mystery than we are watching them behaving in ways that reflect the writers stereotypes and or are written to be outrageous enough to make them entertaining freaks so the ratings will go up.

Comments

Dino Manalis Added Apr 11, 2018 - 1:52pm
The obstetrician yells boy or girl, that's the end of it, sex is natural, schools don't need to enlighten anyone about it!
Riley Brown Added Apr 11, 2018 - 2:14pm
Dino, I don't think physical gender and sexual preferences always align, but in this forum am arguing that we seem to be proving we can do more harm than good by giving young children information about all the different possibilities and encouraging them to try and apply what they think they feel as per-pubescent kids, to the equation.

To many get it wrong, and all too often they and their families suffer needlessly as a result.  They will all figure it out just fine without all that "help".
TexasLynn Added Apr 11, 2018 - 3:11pm
I think a lot of what is going on is some parents want to push a social agenda and are depraved enough to use their kids to do it.  Thus, we have little boys showing up "identifying" as little girls and vice versa well before they are even remotely mature enough to understand what is going on.  The schools are all too eager to display their "woke" credentials; so they play along AND seek to take it even further.

The consequences to our society are bad... to the kids they are often devastating if not lethal.  This price is too high.

Schools should concentrate their efforts on being sure no bullying exists.  They should inform the parents if they see signs a child is in distress for any reason.  But that's it.  Issue like this are between the parents and their children.

Decisions of this nature (especially medical decisions concerning the trans-gendered) should be made by adults.  Once you turn 18, identify and transition to whatever you want to... more mature and better prepared to deal with the consequence.
TexasLynn Added Apr 11, 2018 - 3:12pm
On your additional topic of LBGTQIA characters in the entertainment industry (TV and film).  I don't know if I see the problem the same as you, but I avoid a lot major network stuff.  I would love for you to provide a few examples to flesh out what you are saying.

My biggest problem is when a show introduces a gay character just for the sake of having one.  The character just as easily could have been straight but the producers, actors, directors... all needed to display their "woke" credentials.  It's almost comical how the characters in the show then fall over themselves to convey the gay relationship is "no big deal".

Bad Example: The TV show "The Walking Dead" has introduced several gay characters and the only obvious reason they are there is to push that being gay is OK and we're woke narrative.  The interaction with the "straight" characters is forced and farcical.  It takes away from the show to the point your rooting for the gay characters to die so that maybe, the show can get back on track.  Not that this was the only problem... but I finally just gave up.

Good Example: Now... to your point that the characters sexual orientation should just remain a mystery, the show "Breaking Bad" did that perfectly with Gus Fring.  There is no doubt that it was implied that he was gay... but it never was just spelled out.  The producers even refused to answer direct questions concerning his sexuality much to the irritation of some LGBT activists.  Some would point out that Gus was the villain of the show.  I would say yes, but a very popular, developed villain in a show all about characters who are morally compromised.

Just my two cents... Good post as always.
Riley Brown Added Apr 11, 2018 - 4:00pm
I think childrens sexual orientation issues should be left up to the student's own urges and attractions as they grow up without adults telling them what the signs of various orientations are so they can self examine themselves and guess what they might be.

In a natural setting without adult intervention most kids will presume they are like the people they see around them, until hormones kick in and really tell them who they are comfortable with.  There is nothing wrong with that, it's not a race to see how quickly we can let them know they are not straight.

I know entertainment isn't real and don't expect it to be so I don't expect the hero's odds of surviving 6 shootouts to be realistic, they would be dead and the movie would be over.  However there is value in the super hero who risks all and beats the odds, and yes it's also entertaining to watch.  No one goes to a Bruce Willis movie to see him talk sense to the villain.

When it comes to portraying LGBTQIA people on the silver scren, the same rules don't apply unless it's a love story and most entertainment is not about 2 LGBTQIA people who fall in love despite the odds.  Instead LGBTQIA characters are added to appease the LGBTQIA crowd.  In order to maximize their appeal to the non LGBTQIA public, writers make them spectacular freaks in one way or another.

Fact is there might several LGBTQIA people working on each of these productions whose sexual orientations are evident in the workplace, they are your average LGBTQIA person.  Most LGBTQIA people don't constantly emote all over the place, and most resist sexual displays in public just like everyone else does.  If their LGBTQIA status is not integral to the plot their sexual predispositions should not be flagrantly displayed as part of the programing.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Apr 11, 2018 - 4:45pm
I always wonder which nouns should be capitalized. I think it's mostly holy words like G-d, Lord, Bible and Gay.

The queer kids stuff in Hollywood is yucky particularly because everybody knows that there is a pedophilia epidemic. Many kids seem to cross dress. I believe some children of Charlize Theron and Angelina Jolie do (but I don't read tabloids so I don't know really). One character of the new Roseanne episodes is cross-dressing and it's likely to be the idea of lesbian actress Sarah Gilbert. I can only hope that her real kids can grow up gender conform.

Birth control should be the only sexually relevant issue taught in school.

I wanted to write a bit about gender and cultural decline, but I'm a bit lazy about this. Anyway, I thought about what many people suggest, namely if a decline in culture correlates with a loss of manliness. And as I believe now having read a bit into it, it is a problem now, but never was in the past. What we see had no historical predecessor. Neither were the Greek males softer than other cultures, nor was something going on at the end of the Roman Empire as often suggested. I don't know why I write that here. My two cents about that often heard speculation for those of you who also wondered.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Apr 11, 2018 - 5:06pm
Sexuality needs to be left to when the child is old enough to figure it out themselves.  That’s probably around puberty though I had a gay friend tell me he knew at a relatively early age.

I think teaching tolerance is a great idea but even the lefty in me thinks it goes too far.  I think the unintended consequence is that you have kids that are confused at a point in their lives when that has no bearing.  “Sexuality” really doesn’t mean anything to a young child, that comes later.

So, leave it to sex education classes when a child gets older, somewhere at around 11 or 12 when puberty is getting ready to hit most kids (though it comes earlier or later with some).
Riley Brown Added Apr 11, 2018 - 10:29pm
Benjamin a lot of "the queer stuff" around hollywierd is just a show, and just as many straight as LGBTQIA people love to dress up wierd and watch people stare at them and clutch their pearls.  To many of them it's just another way to have fun.
Riley Brown Added Apr 11, 2018 - 10:33pm
Jeffrey, there is no reason to explain all the various "sexual options" to young children in order to make them more tolerant of kids who are different.  It doesn't matter if a boy likes to dress like a girl, play with dolls, or wears a burka to school and prostrates themselves in prayer 3 times a day, bullying for any reason is not acceptable.

The kids don't need in depth explanations in order to be taught not to bully people they don't like.
Riley Brown Added Apr 11, 2018 - 10:38pm
Benjamin, I almost forgot, statistically pedophiles has no correlation to LGBTQIA people any more than it does to straight people.  I think the perception comes from the fact that some male pedophiles  victimize boys, but the also do the same to girls even more frequently.  They are pedophiles pure and simple, and most of them are straight.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Apr 11, 2018 - 10:44pm
@Riley Brown:
I missed Benjamin’s comment.

I worked in Child Protective Services for years, pedophiles are as you describe.  In some ways the sex of the child was irrelevant, it was the sexual control over someone helpless that got them off.  The older the child, the more relevant the sex of that child became to the offender.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Apr 12, 2018 - 12:44am
Guys, I am a bit suspicious about the pedophilia statistics. On the one hand homosexuals disproportionally often report to have been abused as children, on the other hand we are supposed to believe that these victims don't become offenders as is the general trend in pedophilia.

No doubt some Hollyweird parents just follow a trend and dress up their kids that way because fancy. But some also willingly whore their kids out to further their careers. Look into the Roman Polanski case. The mother sent her daughter back to him after the child was already complaining that he photographed her naked and that she didn't like it. The cover up culture is also absurd enough. Watch these two vids and the notes I left!

And let's face it: There are homophobes who try to say that all homosexuals have pedo tendencies because they hate. This is met by the claim that there is NO statistical significience. There are strong interests involved. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Flying Junior Added Apr 12, 2018 - 1:56am
Muirlands Jr. High School in Fall 1973-Winter 1974.

I was sexually enlightened.  I'm so old, I mostly just remember Holly Dubach.  But it was more or less every direction that I looked.  The girls sure looked different than they did the previous year.  I remember Sue Hamilton.  We had math class together next year in tenth grade.  I still had a crush on Lisa McGilvery.  Shauna Buffington was the popular choice for the prettiest one.  I had not quite fallen for Alessa Lyerly just yet.  My first love was at a different school entirely.

There was this one girl in Spanish class.  This is true enlightenment.  She calmly walked up to the teacher and proceeded to bend over his desk, much to my delight.  The boys who were paying attention got a nice, little wink.  She was wearing black panties.  Little tiny ones.

I was only fourteen. Call me a late-starter.  I was still hoping I could get a girl to go to the movies with me.

You seem to know a great deal about what is happening in the public school system.  Perhaps your are omniscient.

Riley Brown Added Apr 12, 2018 - 10:08am
Benjamin I'm suspicious of most statistics unless I can examine everything inducing the way they were solicited however in this case I go along with what JEFFREY added because from what I see those are realistic facts.

I think most people's perceptions are biased by their own feelings.  They are repulsed by Gay sex and tend to think if they do that they'd probably do children too especially when it comes to men.  In other words almost expect them to be open to any other "perverted" behavior more than straight people.

These days the LGBTQIA  community seems to be trying frantically to include every conceivable sexual orientation, but even they wholey reject pedophiles.  There is not "P" for pedophiles in LGBTQIA, not even for those who admit they are attracted to kids sexually but never act on those urges.

If you want to find a concentration of pedophiles don't look in the LGBTQIA community, look for people, especially men, who deliberately volunteer or work in places that give them close personal access to children.  Many pedophiles seek out those positions intentionally so they will have easy access.  Unfortunately one of the most common are family members or relatives who eagerly volunteer to watch your kids.

Even so you need to put it in context, pedophiles are not common, the vast majority of people are repulsed by their behavior so the best advice I can give parents is to always be suspicious and keep your eye open for signs.
Riley Brown Added Apr 12, 2018 - 10:28am
Flying Jr, you grew up in another place and time. What they teach today, what kids see on the silver screen and internet, and how they behave is completely different.  I don't need to be omniscient to realize that.

When you grew up it was OK to openly make fun of Gay people, and the concept of Transgender wasn't even in your vocabulary.  Back then few Gay people openly admitted they were Gay.  You probably can't remember one TV program that had a Gay character back then, today practically all programs do.  There were some back then but the majority of Gay characters back then were portrayed as perverts, and often also dangerous people.

My how the pendulum has swung to the other side.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Apr 12, 2018 - 11:11am
I must admit that I don't have a counter-statistic or anything to back my believe. It is based on circumstantial and anecdotal cues.

The German green party had multiple platform papers that demanded the decriminalization of pedophilia. Years later when the party and their ideology became mainstream politicians who signed these papers like Jürgen Trittin or Renate Künast said that proposals all came from the homosexual committee of the party and they did not oppose it because gays had enough to deal with in the 80s. Volker Beck a homosexual Green party politician at the helm of the party also even wrote an intro for a book in which he defended pedophilia.

Kevin Spacey came out as gay when he was caught with his pedophilia problem. Kevin Clash the puppeteer of Sesame Street's Elmo same thing. Then there are many (particularly female) gays like Ellen Degenerous who say that they have been abused as children.

Former German MP Sebastian Edathy was blasted for buying pedo photos over the internet. He was always single but lives now with a man in North Africa (because of the very unfair witch hunt he doesn't disclose his location exactly). I could go on and on.

Now this COULD be confirmation bias. There is Roman Polanski, Woody Alan, former Green party MP Daniel Cohn-Bendit who are all straight and pedophiles. One could almost make a similar case that Judaism is linked to pedophilia (and some on WB probably do ;-)).

But I think the proportion of the cases that rise to attention which involve pedos who are gay as it relates to the number of gays in the general public is suspicious. I would also say that gays ARE by and large sexually more experimental!

Gay stuff aside, one concern about the cross-dressing of children is that it signals something that according to Jeff Kelley turns pedos on: they are sexually controlled. A kid may wish to experiment with dresses and dolls, but its very unlikely that it would do ALL of it by his own choice. And I think that children who look the other sex are put into this position by parents who choose clothes, games etc accordingly. It becomes mutually reinforcing as the kid subconsciously tries to please mom and developes same wishes further. Parents do have ways to mitigate gender confusion so that gender dysphoria is only a matter for those who were born with unusual traits/brain structures. This should be rare.
Riley Brown Added Apr 12, 2018 - 12:55pm
Benjamin, we all tend to believe what we see about most issues and for quite some time most people's experience with Gay lifestyles and pedophiles are limited to what they gleamed from the news.  Most people have no reason to care or investigate further, those are both topics that don't intimately affect most of the population.  As a result our perception of many topics is very biased.

I know it's that way with guns.  We never hear about the millions of good people who use guns responsibly but do hear each time someone uses one irresponsibly, so based on what WE HEAR, many decide they are all bad.

Lately we hear every time the police shoot someone whose black, so there too, many of us get left with the perception the police target them.  Only be digging deeper into the statistical information can we see that they are not being shot at any more than people of other colors in similar situations.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Apr 12, 2018 - 1:31pm
Many important studies are never made or forged.
Michael B. Added Apr 12, 2018 - 10:21pm
LGBTQIA...ABCDEFGOPQXYZ. Where does it end? I know! With the extermination of white heterosexual males!
Riley Brown Added Apr 13, 2018 - 12:23am
Michael I too think this endless acronym is getting a little ridiculous, but try to stay close to up to date so that other folks won't get mad and think I'm trying to insult or exclude them.

Personally I feel like the acronym itself is turning into a long winded and controversial name, and the whole purpose of acronyms is to be a recognizable abbreviation.  If some referred to the whole bunch as the LGB crowd, I and I think almost everyone else who is not part of that group would know exactly what they are talking about.
Flying Junior Added Apr 13, 2018 - 2:51am
You are very correct, Riley.  It was not only okay to roundly condemn gays in the 1970s, I happened to grow up in a wealthy, upper middle-class enclave of La Jolla and Pacific Beach where ridicule and shunning of gays was very dominant.  Republicans.

I will take the time to reread your article.  You bring new information.

I thought that more or less everything was better now.  No generation has ever cared less about gender identity or sexual orientation than the twenty to thirty-year-olds of today.  I'm not sure what is happening with children born in the twenty-first century.  But I assume that gender identity is less important than it ever was before.
Riley Brown Added Apr 13, 2018 - 10:47am
Flying, don't mistake my saying it was OK for people to make fun of Gay's back in the 70's as condoning that behavior, I'm not saying it was good to do, just that doing so was PC, very socially acceptable back then.  I remember watching stand up comedians with routines that included Gay jokes that would horrify us today, and everyone laughed, often including me.

Back then if anyone suggested we teach young children all about what it means to be Gay and tell them they might be if they have the feelings we describe, people would have been outraged.  Now that we can see the result, I think people should be outraged and stop that harmful practice.

We can never completely stamp out hate and stupidity but most gender discrimination is at a minimum these days, and there is no need or benefit to confusing young children.

I am also convinced there will always be hate speech, and that often what we hear is not really racist or homophobic, but rather just said by people whose goal is to upset other people.  Anyone whose played some of the more physical sports knows all about that.  Say things that get under you opponents skin to get them so mad that they fowl out, and you win when they do.  They don't need to be true, just need to press their hot buttons sufficiently.

Many years ago I used that tactic many times to pick fights without throwing the first punch.  I'd say anything I thought would piss them off enough to make them do something stupid.  Sometimes it was insulting their appearance, their family heritage, and yes, sometimes even their race and manhood.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Apr 13, 2018 - 11:38am
I want gay jokes back. We can makes Jew jokes in Germany, but not Muslim jokes or gay jokes. Can we get back to relaxed please? We, the people, are funny.
Cynthia Rouse Added Apr 13, 2018 - 12:14pm
The vaxxx are changing human chromosomes. Transgender is the gateway to Transhuman. xy chromosomes male/xx chromosomes female. They're attacking the 'y' chromosomes via vaxx. Why do you think they've created all of these DNA analysis companies?
Michael B. Added Apr 13, 2018 - 3:30pm
One time I asked a lesbian co-worker how she became a lesbian, and she said that she dated and had sex with guys until she was about 16, then she became bisexual, and eventually settled on women only. She said that she always liked other women, but the actual mechanisms she was unable to explain. Whatever, I don't think it's up to a school and/or teachers to make such decisions for them.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Apr 13, 2018 - 3:34pm
I seriously think that most women are bisexual with a proclivity for men. Most man are straight, a few are gay and bisexuals are very uncommon. The LGB* lobby tries to blur the distinctions, but I think that my approach gives a better overview than their ideology.
Michael B. Added Apr 13, 2018 - 3:42pm
I seriously think that most women are bisexual with a proclivity for men.

I cannot improve upon that statement! I arrived at that conclusion at a very young age, when all the boys in class that were "cutest" and most popular with the girls all looked a lot like girls themselves!
Stone-Eater Added Apr 13, 2018 - 5:52pm
Sexually enlightening schools

Ah. Wish I was young again. In my time we had to cover our body fluids.
Stone-Eater Added Apr 13, 2018 - 5:55pm
BTW: I don't care about other people's sexual tendencies. Why should I ? I also don't care about what they eat for breakfast. It's their fucking business, not mine.

Yawn.
Tamara Wilhite Added Apr 13, 2018 - 5:55pm
The "sexual education" of children is already political indoctrination and turning into child abuse.

Children too young by years to consent to sex are told that "gender" is an opinion you can change but sexual attraction is inborn and unquestionable.

We're telling children it is wrong, a sin, to do anything but celebrate a boy leaving class and returning in a dress with a new name. Again, years before they're able to understand the social consequences or ramifications. Oh, and the teaching that you're born transgender but not born a specific sex, logically inconsistent.

As doctors are told it is a violation of various warped civil rights laws to do anything except give a child drugs to stall puberty and alter the body, years before the child is allowed to get a tattoo or have sex.

As we deliberately ignore significant research that 80-90% of children who wish they were the opposite sex rectify before puberty. As we intentionally ignore that some kids may be expressing these beliefs due to physical and emotional abuse, like a girl identifying as a boy because her parents hate the fact she's a girl ... or the other way around.

As we intentionally destroy innocence of youth by exposing kids to X-rated sexual content in the name of "education". The teaching of fisting, masturbation and a dozen other techniques to middle schoolers who shouldn't know much more than basic biology, the disease risk, the laws on sex (don't sext your 13 year old girlfriend or you risk being a sex offender), how to get out of sexual situations before they're ready and a general overview of contraception.

We are seeing science denial by the left, in the name of fairness and misplaced compassion, of basic biological facts.

We're seeing open and terrible indoctrination of radical gender theory as unassailable fact to children too young to be taught such things.

We're seeing liberal bullies with systemic power make it ILLEGAL to do anything except endorse transgenderism and homosexuality. Your body, your choice only applies to sex for the far left ... unless your choices don't match their politics.

And equally bad, by saying the ONLY solution is cross-dressing and surgery, we prevent actual research into the TREATMENT of gender dysphoria as a mental disorder.
Jeff Jackson Added Apr 13, 2018 - 6:02pm
Riley, you are exactly correct, children will figure out if they are gay or straight in a manner we used to call "maturation." To encourage a young person to make up their minds before they have matured, both physically and emotionally, is a disservice to children, not to mention unnecessary. To teach them that they should respect someone's sexual preferences is OK, bit then, we should not teach elementary children about sexual preferences anyway. Whether your elementary school teacher is gay or straight should not, nor ever, be a topic of conversation.
It is actually rather difficult to look at a 7 year old and determine their gender, unless, of course, how they dress, and that is usually the parents' issue. All of this political correctness to ask elementary school children to determine their sexuality is unwarranted and unnecessary.
Stone-Eater Added Apr 13, 2018 - 6:02pm
Tamara

Wow. I bet in countries where people think about how to get food for the next day they don't think about such stuff.

How sick are we ???
Stone-Eater Added Apr 13, 2018 - 6:09pm
BTW: And when sex becomes political, there is a real problem of seeing reality and nature. HUH ! Boy wants to wear a skirt ! So what ? In Indonesia that's called Lunghi. Girl wants to shave head. So what ? In Senegal that's a ceremony for young women having a kid. In Mali men walk the street holding their hands. It's a sign of "we are friends". So what ?

But WE make BIG DEAL about all that shit, and buy the pharma and get operations to change .... what ? To find out what we are ?

LOL
Tamara Wilhite Added Apr 13, 2018 - 6:21pm
 Stone-Eater Sex segregation of facilities like bathrooms, showers, dorms is important in those places to protect women's privacy and literal safety.

You can't say there's a rape culture, be afraid of every man, but if he says he's a woman, even if attracted to women, oh, sure, just come on in, we'll assume that never be exploited by rapists or child molesters.

Leftists Say There Are No Examples of Men Exploiting 'Trans' Laws to Harm Women. Here Are 9
Tamara Wilhite Added Apr 13, 2018 - 6:25pm
That is aside from the unfairness of letting biological men who identify as women or recently altered their biology to compete in women's sports. However, it is equally unfair for a girl on testosterone (by saying she's really a male) to compete against girls because she will beat them, too.

Female athletes crushed by 'women who were once men'
Tamara Wilhite Added Apr 13, 2018 - 6:30pm

Stone-Eater We can discuss social roles and gender stereotypes without denying science, human biology. The rare biological accident does not invalidate the human male/female dichotomy.

And a man who feels he's a woman doesn't change biological reality that he's a man. He's mentally ill. Endorsing the mental illness doesn't treat it, as demonstrated by the fact that those who have the surgery don't stop killing themselves.

We don't give anorexics stomach stapling surgery and lipo. When someone says they wish they didn't have legs, we don't remove them as part of their treatment. People recoil from the "trans-disabled" who mutilate themselves, like that woman who blinded herself. But if you think you're the opposite sex, the liberal mandate is to give them hormones and surgery? Insanity.

The solution is admitting it is a mental illness and seeking a cure other than mutilating the body to suit the warped mental image.

Benjamin Goldstein Added Apr 13, 2018 - 6:37pm
I'd say the solution is that we stop gender confusion. Real transgenders are very gender conform and fall straight into the stereotypes of the opposing sex. I support their surgical transformation.
But people who are just somehow in the middle should flip a dime. They don't have to conform with everything but they should think about what unusual behavior is enjoyable for them, worth it. Unclear gender types don't need surgery. So we don't have mutilations.
Stone-Eater Added Apr 13, 2018 - 7:13pm

Hey, no problem. He's not mentally ill. He only wants to be a woman. So what's the problem ? Let him do it and finish the subject.

Does anybody get hurt when the neighbor is a Miss instead of a mister ?

Sorry, I don't understand where the problem is. Let everybody be whatever hesheit likes, and when can afford it, change. This is 2018, and we don't have to consult the bible or any other fairytale book to make our decision.

If I want to wear a skirt now, nobody can arrest me for that, right ?

It's not the sex which is important. It's your brain. Your way of thinking, your empathy and social conscience and tolerance. No big deal, in fact.
Stone-Eater Added Apr 13, 2018 - 7:22pm
BTW: We have to stop to push that gender shit as a science and make n theories about the why's and why not's in n different societies.

As I said: The world has other problems that concern the existence of our species. We can't afford to occupy ourselves with that gender stuff and level it up to a category of life or death.

If I want to be a woman, I change my "gender". If not, I stay as I am. If I fuck a man or my cat, it's my business.

But I don't drop bombs on people or kill some school kids with my AK-47 just for fun.
Tamara Wilhite Added Apr 13, 2018 - 8:13pm
You're asking: what's the problem?

One, endorsing mental illness but not curing it. That fails the transgender. Misplaced compassion can enable wrong, and in this case, we see outright cover-ups of the ones who had the surgery as adults and regret it. And as I said earlier, most CHILDREN change their minds and rectify ... but the system liberals control says you have to do these things socially and physically to lock it in. They're mandating we alter bodies of children who recently thought they were animals and superheroes to be the opposite sex.

Two, demanding everyone else live in accordance with that person's mental illness, privacy and literal safety be damned.

Third, the politicization of LBGTXYZ. That you're not allowed as a doctor, counselor, foster parent unless you ENDORSE the mental illness. Kid says they're homosexual after being molested? You're not allowed to have therapy to try to end the homosexual attraction. Kid emotionally abused by parents and wants to be the opposite sex? Boy wants to be a girl because Mom hates men? Girl wants to be a boy because Dad is sexist? Can't discuss it.
You aren't allowed to seek treatment except the one the far left accepts.

All because saying sex is a social construct so we can pretend gender differences are irrelevant.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Apr 13, 2018 - 9:05pm
The topic is beyond my pay grade. Boys will be boys and girls will be girls.
Tamara Wilhite Added Apr 13, 2018 - 10:33pm
So this isn't an issue of "let the boy wear a skirt, cry, be a stay at home Dad".
It is "endorse this or else, go along or lose your kid/job/safety". That's force, fascism in the name of compassion and kindness.
Flying Junior Added Apr 14, 2018 - 1:25am
Sexual education  is over-rated.  Little girls understand by the age of...

Well I agree with the author.  There is no point and and scant purpose in teaching any child how to recognize his or her gender orientation or sexual role in life.

It comes naturally to most people.
Flying Junior Added Apr 14, 2018 - 1:32am
If there did exist any sexually enlightening schools in the State of California...  I would do my all to shut 'em down.

I was on the forefront of the New Math.  It was winter of 1967, a couple of us kids were singled out to be taught sets and subsets and groupings in general.  Ranges.  Domains.  I'm sure that most of you young 'uns have seen something of this.

My idea is that it is not important to teach kids about sex at all.  That would be a failed experiment starting almost forty-eight years ago.  The only thing that we need to teach is safe sex and contraception.

I thought that it was already a done deal.
Riley Brown Added Apr 14, 2018 - 8:15pm
Flying Jr, I can't speak for Northern California schools but all the public schools close to LA start their gender educational programs in elementary school and often bring in outsiders from the LBGTQIA community to "enlighten" students.  The stated goal was to reduce bullying based on sexual orientation but these days they do a lot more than that.  Many very young children decide they are Gay based on what they are told about how they would feel about the opposite sex if they are gay.

I personally know several that outed themselves as Gay before High School, and a few of them who later decided it wasn't true at all.  By then some had done things that were harmful to their reputations, hurtful to their families, and in some cases like with a few who thought they were transgender actually started taking hormones before their own hormones finally told them they were straight.

Once bullying is significantly reduced I see absolutely no overall benefit to teaching young children anything about sexual identity "options", let them go through puberty and find it out themselves.
Riley Brown Added Apr 14, 2018 - 8:24pm
Tamara, open gender neutral bathrooms with private toilet stalls are common in many other countries.  I must admit I felt funny the first time I went into one, but they work there and are even starting to appear in the US.
Flying Junior Added Apr 15, 2018 - 12:40am
I always value your contributions.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Apr 15, 2018 - 8:29am
So in a gender-neutral bathroom, women can make a stand as men can do a sit-down? Is there a narrative where one group blames God for giving the other group a better one? I remember in my early days, I saw my father playing with the baby boy's weiner and he would laugh and kick his feet and shoot off a stream of urine. Were such activities bad?
Riley Brown Added Apr 16, 2018 - 10:12am
Rubert I have been in large gender neutral bathrooms in several countries and none had urinals.  The stalls were generally much better sealed floor to about 7 feet tall, so peaking would not be possible.

Your guess is as good as mine about your dad's follies with babies.  Today a parent can be guilty of child abuse for all sorts of things, even for creating an environment where their child says "I'm afraid to tell my parent something".  That's good enough to be called abuse and get a child placed in foster care.  The days when abuse meant beating someone are long gone.
Tamara Wilhite Added Apr 16, 2018 - 3:37pm

Riley Brown It isn't just the bathrooms. That is only the start.

It is showers, changing rooms, lock rooms.

If you say the biological man who feels like a woman can use the sex-segregated facilities for women, he gets to use the women's shelter and the girls' dorm.

Riley Brown Added Apr 16, 2018 - 7:11pm
Tamara I think a little common sense might be a good thing.  It's not always a good idea to make 100 people uncomfortable so that 1 can be more comfortable, even if we feel sorry for the one.

There is nothing new about cross dressing, men and women have been doing it a long time and always used and went nu-noticed in restrooms that matched their appearance.  What others in the same restroom didn't know never hurt them.

In order to fulfill these new requirements the restroom capacity in many public places like restaurants has gone way down as business owners complied by making the entire 5 person restrooms single occupancy complete with locks on the door.  Now anyone can feel secure by locking the door so that one person is comfortable while 5 people who should be using adjacent stalls wait outside and hop up and down on one leg.

I tend to think we're not PC, we're stupid, however I must also tell you, gender neutral public bathrooms with private stalls, work very well.

Of course if we keep this stupidity up a lot of other things will change too including probably athletic records for women.  I expect that men like Bruce Jenner will have no trouble pushing the bar for women's physical accomplishments so much higher than they are that one day there may not be any record holders who are natural born women.  I rather doubt that's going to help, but it will be PC because after all it's not up to us to tell Bruce what gender he has to compete with.  Forget about banning big Russian "women" from weight lifting, they will be allowed just like anyone else who identifies as female.

Did I mention scholarships, well perhaps I should.  Right now most colleges have to give out as much in athletic scholarships to women as they do to men's sports.  Guys who can't make it in men's sports well might become champions in the women's division, and start laying claim to the scholarships that go along with those honors.   Of course women are welcome to do the reverse but somehow I don't expect to see much of that, since early college age men usually have no problem beating out women the same age in every male dominated sport.  There is a reason the NFL is all men, and it's not because women can't apply.

Shining One Added May 4, 2018 - 12:40pm
Riley Brown, Sex is a manifestation of the instinct to procreate. Nature does not recognise sex for fun. That is a perversion of a natural act, due to hedonism. The recent proliferation of LGBT rights has nothing to do with bullying. It's promotion is far more nefarious. Of which I would be happy to go into latter if you require. Individuals that have convinced them selves or have been convinced by others that they are only attracted to the same sex, are ignorant, indoctrinated or mentally and/or emotional disturbed. Just like the vast majority of the population, in other areas.

I offer this scientific study as evidence for the case that homosexuality is not biological in nature, but caused by Psychological and Social circumstances.

If your daughter, sister, mother or friend “identified” as a fat person trapped in a perilously emaciated body – if she truly believed she was obese, but, in reality, suffered from anorexia – would you affirm her “fatness” and get her liposuction, or would you go to the ends of the earth to help her bring her subjective (and mistaken) identity into alignment with objective reality? When someone is engaged in demonstrably self-destructive behaviour, it is not loving, but hateful, to encourage persistence.

Riley Brown Added May 13, 2018 - 12:08pm
Shining one, I agree that sex between men and women often results in procreation but strongly disagree that it's not fun and enjoyable, for people and animals.  Since we are talking about people I will temporary ignore animals.

People have sex for fun ALL THE TIME, and unless you are very abnormal, you have too.  Masturbation has nothing to do with with procreation and everything to do with FUN and pleasure.   No one falls in love with their hand, and the Bible might say it's a sin, but I don't know anyone who hasn't.  I've heard it said "there are those who do and those who lie".

So please respond with an explanation of why you believe masturbation is OK but sexual gratification between two married senior citizens who can't possibly procreate isn't OK.